PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Thinking about selling my Star Wars Collection

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
I am thinking about selling my entire Star Wars collection that I have collected and played with when I was a kid. I have probably around 300-400 pieces, nothing really in mint condition but I have boxes for some of my stuff including the large vehicles and the play sets.

I was just curious what is the best way to go about selling this and preferably not to do it on eBay.

Any thoughts?

Phobia
05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
In before goatse.

RNR
05-21-2008, 11:58 AM
In before goatse.

I would have lost that bet!

Skip Towne
05-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Goatse?

Rooster
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
In before goatse.

LOL.. He hasn't stopped shaking long enough to respond yet.

Count Zarth
05-21-2008, 12:01 PM
A local comic shop is just going to rip you off. I'd suggest looking into getting a booth at the next nerd convention that's hitting near you. Summer means lots of nerd conventions all over the US.

You might see when this shindig is holding it's next gathering of greasy, virgin masses and get a dealer's booth.

http://www.planetcomicon.com/index.html

LOL.. He hasn't stopped shaking long enough to respond yet.

Believe it or not I don't want any of his shit. I don't really collect Star Wars junk anymore. I never really did to be honest, at least not like some folks. I have a couple action figures stashed away in a closet somewhere. OK, I lied, Boba Fett is sitting here on the desk right in front of me, but that's it. Srsly. I don't even have an Aluminum Falcon or whatever it's called.

Gonzo
05-21-2008, 12:03 PM
A local comic shop is just going to rip you off. I'd suggest looking into getting a booth at the next nerd convention that's hitting near you. Summer means lots of nerd conventions all over the US.

You might see when this shindig is holding it's next gathering of greasy, virgin masses and get a dealer's booth.

Did you get your keyboard cleaned off?

Phobia
05-21-2008, 12:07 PM
You could probably trade some of the little doll figurines to somebody who is skilled in the art of photoshop. That person could in turn fashion a trendy avatar for you which contains the heading, "Big Fat Star Wars Dork" or similar.

Best of luck.

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 12:08 PM
My Mom has a bunch of my old Star Wars action figures stashed away in her attic somewhere.

I figure once i go through it, i will just give it to my son to play with.

ChiTown
05-21-2008, 12:14 PM
This guy is always looking to buy

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyMDI0MTIxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODYxMDU0MQ@@._V1._SY140_SX100_.jpg

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 12:40 PM

Believe it or not I don't want any of his shit. I don't really collect Star Wars junk anymore. I never really did to be honest, at least not like some folks. I have a couple action figures stashed away in a closet somewhere. OK, I lied, Boba Fett is sitting here on the desk right in front of me, but that's it. Srsly. I don't even have an Aluminum Falcon or whatever it's called.

Thanks.

I never collected Star Wars toys as a hobby all of this was when I was a kid and it has been sitting in storage for the last 20 years. I know it is probably worth something so I figured I might as well sell it.

IMO I think it could bring a few grand.

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
You could probably trade some of the little doll figurines to somebody who is skilled in the art of photoshop. That person could in turn fashion a trendy avatar for you which contains the heading, "Big Fat Star Wars Dork" or similar.

Best of luck.

No thanks I just want to sell it. Like I said I am not a collector I just want to sell it because I know it is worth something to somebody.

Phobia
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Man, if I still had powers your name would be Dork Skywalker in a heartbeat.

Fish
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM

IMO I think it could bring a few grand.

Without knowing how much you have, I really doubt you'll get anything close to that. Unless it's still boxed and unopened.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I am thinking about selling my entire Star Wars collection that I have collected and played with when I was a kid. I have probably around 300-400 pieces, nothing really in mint condition but I have boxes for some of my stuff including the large vehicles and the play sets.

I was just curious what is the best way to go about selling this and preferably not to do it on eBay.

Any thoughts?

If you thoroughly wash off the sperm you'll get more money for them.

Fishpicker
05-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Dirk: do you have any Star Wars themed lego sets?

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Without knowing how much you have, I really doubt you'll get anything close to that. Unless it's still boxed and unopened.

Agreed. Thousands is probably just wishful thinking.

For once GoTurd is probably right. A nerd convention would probably net you the largest dollar value. Obviously those people are the ones who would be most willing to shell out $$$ for the stuff.

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Man, if I still had powers your name would be Dork Skywalker in a heartbeat.

LMAO

You didn't play with toys when you were a kid? You probably just made little girls fat.

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 01:23 PM

Could be I really don't know. According to Tomart's guide I have a couple of items that are worth in $500 range. I don't know if I could get that for them though.

Count Zarth
05-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Agreed. Thousands is probably just wishful thinking.

For once GoTurd is probably right. A nerd convention would probably net you the largest dollar value. Obviously those people are the ones who would be most willing to shell out $$$ for the stuff.

To be completely truthful, he'd probably get a better deal on Ebay. People at nerd conventions are going to try to bargain with you, especially for opened stuff that's been played with.

At least on Ebay people will be bidding.

I'd browse around on Ebay and see if you can find something similar to what you have. If you like the price it goes for, Ebay is your best bet.

Besides, nerd conventions are really greasy.

Although, I need to find one this summer. I miss them. It's like real-life Ebay for nerds. There's all kinds of crap for sale you can't find anywhere else. Just don't go in a Boba Fett costume.

Rain Man
05-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Star Wars is overdone. I collect figurines from the "The Last Starfighter", released in 1984. They're much more rare, hence more valuable. Do you by any chance have a mint Lance Guest or Dan O'Herlihy figure, still in the box?

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Although, I need to find one this summer. I miss them. It's like real-life Ebay for nerds. There's all kinds of crap for sale you can't find anywhere else. Just don't go in a Boba Fett costume.

So what have you gone dressed up as before? Princess Leia?

Count Zarth
05-21-2008, 01:46 PM
So what have you gone dressed up as before? Princess Leia?

Just Boba Fett.

Blubber Fat, actually. Really stupid idea. Circa 2000:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5518/lamefetthp5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rain Man
05-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Just Boba Fett.

There's no such thing as a stupid idea, just people who aren't accepting of - no, wait. I just saw the picture. Never mind.

Count Zarth
05-21-2008, 02:32 PM
There's no such thing as a stupid idea, just people who aren't accepting of - no, wait. I just saw the picture. Never mind.

Wait until you see the others. I just found a stack of old photos. Epic thread coming.

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Wait until you see the others. I just found a stack of old photos. Epic thread coming.

This ought to be fun

Count Zarth
05-21-2008, 03:23 PM
This ought to be fun

I had Boba Mark I and Boba Mark II. Boba Mark III never got worn (unless you count my sister), only sold for a ridiculous sum of cash. It turned out to be a profitable endeavor so it wasn't all bad.

Joe Seahawk
05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Im old..

I used to play with Billy Blastoff and robbie Robot..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Billyblastoff.jpg

Valiant
05-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Just Boba Fett.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5518/lamefetthp5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Why is your version: Bubba Fatt wearing ski gloves??

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I had Boba Mark I and Boba Mark II. Boba Mark III never got worn (unless you count my sister), only sold for a ridiculous sum of cash. It turned out to be a profitable endeavor so it wasn't all bad.

I have never heard of Boba Mark. Is that Boba Fett?

Valiant
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Star Wars is overdone. I collect figurines from the "The Last Starfighter", released in 1984. They're much more rare, hence more valuable. Do you by any chance have a mint Lance Guest or Dan O'Herlihy figure, still in the box?

Are you serious?? Loved that movie as a kid, never knew they had action figures.. It was actually on TV a couple weeks ago..

Valiant
05-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I have never heard of Boba Mark.

version number I assume..

Mile High Mania
05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I could be wrong... but if these are just lots of old toys that have the worn look from years of kid abuse, no packaging, etc... you likely won't get much.

Count Zarth
05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Why is your version: Bubba Fatt wearing ski gloves??

Because Boba Fett wore ski gloves:

http://www.tk409.com/images/fett/gloves1.jpg

Valiant
05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Rainman I could find no info on my quick search of the 'last starfighter,' but I did find out that there is rumors of a sequel called "son of the last starfighter" being made.. Seems like it is talks still and no concrete info..

I also liked Krull..

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I could be wrong... but if these are just lots of old toys that have the worn look from years of kid abuse, no packaging, etc... you likely won't get much.

Some are some aren't. Most of my action figures have no packaging and I realize I won't get much for them but I do have alot of the original Star Wars action figures.

QuikSsurfer
05-21-2008, 03:52 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/thinout.gif

Rain Man
05-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Rainman I could find no info on my quick search of the 'last starfighter,' but I did find out that there is rumors of a sequel called "son of the last starfighter" being made.. Seems like it is talks still and no concrete info..

I also liked Krull..

You have to see The Last Starfighter. It's ... from the Eighties and it's ... um ... a movie and stuff. I saw it when I was in college, and it was actually a pretty good flick (at least back then) until the ending, which was laughably bad.

Here's a summary from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/plotsummary, which has reviews and other information.

Alex Rogan lives in a trailer court where his mother is manager and everyone is like a big extended family. He beats the Starfighter Video Game to the applause of everyone in the court and later that day finds he has been turned down for a student loan for college. Depressed, he meets Centauri, who introduces himself as a person from the company that made the Game, before Alex really knows what is going on he is on the ride of his life in a "car" flying thru space. Chosen to take the skills he showed on the video game into real combat to protect the galaxy from an invasion. Alex gets as far as the Starfighter base before he really realized that he was conscripted and requests to be taken back home. When he gets back home, he finds a Zan-Do-Zan (Alien Bounty Hunter) is stalking him. Unable to go home and live, Alex returns to the Starfighter base to find all the pilots have been killed and he is the galaxy's only chance to be saved from invasion. To defeat the invaders, who are paying the Bounty on him, He must be victorious. Written by John Vogel {jvogel@dgs.dgsys.com} & Spokavriel updated

Rain Man
05-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Are you serious?? Loved that movie as a kid, never knew they had action figures.. It was actually on TV a couple weeks ago..

It was on TV? I'd like to see it.

And no, I don't really collect Last Starfighter action figures, though I might consider dressing up some GI Joes to look like them.