PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hanging Out In Your Driveway/Garage

Pages : [1] 2

Donger
05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
We have some new neighbors. To be blunt, they don't exactly fit in to our neighborhood. The are displaying some anomalous behavior, such as sitting in lawn chairs just inside their garage. Why would they want to do that? They have a backyard, and a rather nice deck and lawn upon which to place said lawn chairs. What's so fascinating about the front? Don't they want some privacy?

Yesterday, these people inflated some kind of pool thing, filled it with water and all got inside of the pool. Again, on the driveway. Why?

Also, at present count, there are four people living in the home. Yet, they have six vehicles. Why?

Bill S Preston
05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I think that you should be more accepting of their culture.

MTG#10
05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
We have some new neighbors. To be blunt, they don't exactly fit in to our neighborhood. The are displaying some anomalous behavior, such as sitting in lawn chairs just inside their garage. Why would they want to do that? They have a backyard, and a rather nice deck and lawn upon which to place said lawn chairs. What's so fascinating about the front? Don't they want some privacy?

Yesterday, these people inflated some kind of pool thing, filled it with water and all got inside of the pool. Again, on the driveway. Why?

Also, at present count, there are four people living in the home. Yet, they have six vehicles. Why?

When I was a teen my friends and I always hung out in the garage. We did a lot of drinking/pot smoking in there.

FAX
05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Gas sniffers.

Ask no questions. Light no matches.

FAX

kstater
05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
They don't fit into your neighborhood because they inflate a pool on their property, and sit in their garage?

Donger
05-21-2008, 06:36 PM
They don't fit into your neighborhood because they inflate a pool on their property, and sit in their garage?

Yes, that is correct.

milkman
05-21-2008, 06:37 PM
That's me and my family.

We're trying to lower the property value of your neighborhood so that the rest of our trailer thrash friends can afford to move there.

kstater
05-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes, that is correct.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Donger
05-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Sounds like a personal problem.

It's not personal at all. It's simply anomalous, as I said.

tmax63
05-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Perhaps you and the missus should go introduce yourselves. If you're lucky they will invite you into their inflatable water device and you can have wild kinky escapades with the new neighbors. If they don't then organize a neighbor HOA and kick their 4 collective asses and 6 cars out.

Donger
05-21-2008, 06:41 PM
That's me and my family.

We're trying to lower the property value of your neighborhood so that the rest of our trailer thrash friends can afford to move there.

Heh. Our next door neighbor, who has perhaps the most perfectly shaped breasts, called my wife today to go over the HOA violations that she sees. Should be a fun summer.

Our HOA group puts the Gestapo to shame.

redbrian
You know folks used to sit on the front porch and converse with folks as they strolled by.

Then came the suburbs, and everything started to go to hell in a hand basket.

BigVE
Sounds less than normal perhaps but could be much worse IMO. I chill in my garage while Im grilling alot and don't feel too odd doing that. If the neighbors don't like it they can kiss my.... you get the idea.

tmax63
05-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I forgot to add that you would immediately come on-line upon completion or said activities and describe in detail (with pictures of course) your debauchery.

milkman
05-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Heh. Our next door neighbor, who has perhaps the most perfectly shaped breasts, called my wife today to go over the HOA violations that she sees. Should be a fun summer.

Sounds like a fun group.

Hydrae
05-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Just don't shoot him with a pellet gun...

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/williamson/entries/2008/05/13/leander_man_arrested_for_shoot.html

Leander man arrested for shooting child with BB gun
By Isadora Vail | Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 04:09 PM

A Leander man was arrested and charged Sunday in connection with shooting a child in the back with a BB gun.

Robert Cleland, 38, was released after posting bail of $7,500. If convicted, he could face up to 20 years in prison.

Cleland told Leander police that he was drinking beer in his driveway while a group of neighborhood children were playing “war” with pellet guns, according to the arrest affidavit.

Cleland allowed one of the children to shoot him in the leg, after the victim’s father suggested it, but all of the children began shooting their guns at him, according to the affidavit.

He became angry, and grabbed his Daisy Powerline 880 BB gun from his garage. A boy continued to shoot at Cleland and as he walked away, Cleland “aimed the gun at (the boy’s) butt and discharged the BB gun,” according to the affidavit.

When police arrived, they found a hole and blood on the boy’s shirt. There also was a wound in the middle of his back that was approximately the size of a BB gun and was bleeding, the affidavit says.

Cleland was convicted of a terroristic threat in 2000 and spent 30 days in jail, according to open records.

Deberg_1990

They are probably thinking to themselves:

Ive got this new neighbor. To be blunt, he doesnt exactly fit in to our neighborhood. Hes such a prude. He never wants to sit outside in his garage. Hes always stays in his nice backyard and hides out. Whats he got to hide??

Yesterday, I inflated my pool thing, but he drove by and turned his nose up at me when he drove by. What an A**hole

:)

Donger
Sounds like a fun group.

They are meticulous, I'll give them that.

Donger
05-21-2008, 06:46 PM

Ive got this new neighbor. To be blunt, he doesnt exactly fit in to our neighborhood. Hes such a prude. He never wants to sit outside in his garage. Hes always stays in his nice backyard and hides out. Whats he got to hide??

Yesterday, I inflated my pool thing, but he drove by and turned his nose up at me when he drove by. What an A**hole

Honestly, I find it rather fascinating. It's like having a free zoo across the street.

BigVE
05-21-2008, 06:47 PM

LOL, exactly.

bogey
05-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Maybe they've never been able to afford a garage before.

Bearcat
05-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Sounds like a fun group.

Sounds like the place really went to hell after splitting into a premium sub-neighborhood.

Skip Towne
05-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Give them a break. They are probably just migrant guest workers.

Spott
05-21-2008, 07:02 PM
There are quite a few people here that do the lawn chairs in the garage/driveway thing. I always figured it was because there are no basements in Florida and there's not a lot of 2 story houses that have decks so they just hang out in the front.

Spott
05-21-2008, 07:03 PM

Your next door neighbor needs to get a life and learn to enjoy the finer things in life(like her breasts).

dj56dt58
05-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Maybe that is where the sun was at during that time and they wanted to work on their tan..?

dirk digler
05-21-2008, 07:20 PM

LMAO

It is those snobby Brits though they aren't used to having garages and a front porch over in the mother land.

alanm
05-21-2008, 07:28 PM
You know folks used to sit on the front porch and converse with folks as they strolled by.

Then came the suburbs, and everything started to go to hell in a hand basket.
Garage sitting and bull shitting sessions have resulted as a result of modern houses being built with out front porches.
My parents had a older house with a front porch accompanied with the mandatory swing. Every night during the summer you could count on the folks being out there entertaining the neighbors. With the kids playing in the front or back yard.
Nowadays you're lucky if you nod to or even know the name of your next door neighbor.

Hydrae
05-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Garage sitting and bull shitting sessions have resulted as a result of modern houses being built with out front porches.
My parents had a older house with a front porch accompanied with the mandatory swing. Every night during the summer you could count on the folks being out there entertaining the neighbors. With the kids playing in the front or back yard.
Nowadays you're lucky if you nod to or even know the name of your next door neighbor.

As I mentioned in the HOA thread, in my neighborhood all garages have to fave 90 degrees away from the street. You can't even sit in your garage and see your front yard.

Demonpenz
05-21-2008, 07:31 PM
garage sounds like a good place for a jam session or some beer pong

alanm
05-21-2008, 07:37 PM
As I mentioned in the HOA thread, in my neighborhood all garages have to fave 90 degrees away from the street. You can't even sit in your garage and see your front yard.
I'll take a older house with a front porch and evenings with the neighbors. Just one of the little pleasures of life during the summer.

Chiefaholic
05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Sounds to me like your neighbors aren't the problem. We used to have one of those snobby old bitches for a neighbor. She'de sit by her window and call the cops on all of us for some of the dumbest shit you could think of. Nobody in the neighborhood liked the old bag and I doubt anybody outside her immediate family attended her funeral. Sound familiar?

blueballs
05-21-2008, 07:47 PM
They probably eat pizza with their hands
and aren't ashamed of their teeth

NewChief
05-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but white trash has moved into your neighborhood.

I suggest joining them in the pool and bringing along a sixer of PBR or Old Style. You might have fun.

Pitt Gorilla
05-21-2008, 07:57 PM
They are hanging out in the front of the house hoping to socialize, IMO. We go out front and talk with our neighbors in the evenings. It's nice.

Nzoner
05-21-2008, 08:01 PM
We have some new neighbors. To be blunt, they don't exactly fit in to our neighborhood.

Ever hear that saying Don't judge a book by its cover?Hell for all you know they won the mega millions and are just waiting for their new neighbor to give a friendly welcome.

kcfanXIII
hanging out in the garage, or drive way doesn't make them trash, that inflatable "pool" does.

Donger
LMAO

It is those snobby Brits though they aren't used to having garages and a front porch over in the mother land.

Well, to be honest, it is somewhat of a snobby neighborhood.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Sounds to me like your neighbors aren't the problem. We used to have one of those snobby old bitches for a neighbor. She'de sit by her window and call the cops on all of us for some of the dumbest shit you could think of. Nobody in the neighborhood liked the old bag and I doubt anybody outside her immediate family attended her funeral. Sound familiar?

As I said, they are the anomaly.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Ever hear that saying Don't judge a book by its cover?Hell for all you know they won the mega millions and are just waiting for their new neighbor to give a friendly welcome.

I grilled baby backs this weekend and took some over as a treat.

NewChief
05-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Did they offer to inflate their pool for you in return? If not, I don't think they like you much.

In America, there's sort of an unwritten code to these things.

wutamess
05-21-2008, 08:05 PM
It's called being nosey.
Nothing goes on in the back of the house so why not sit out in the front?
Hell my wife's mad at me because I sat the grill out in the front driveway instead of the back deck.

I'd just rather enjoy my kids playing as I always have in the front yard while I'm Q'ing..
Back yard is too enclosed.

That's part of the reason I don't want to move in said snobby hood.

Nzoner
05-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Damn maybe I'll move next door to you

Donger
Did they offer to inflate their pool for you in return? If not, I don't think they like you much.

In America, there's sort of an unwritten code to these things.

No, they did not. I don't possess an inflatable pool. We have well-maintained and readily-accessible pools in this neighborhood. They do not require inflation.

blueballs
you're just uncooth
or american
same difference

NewChief
It's called being nosey.
Hell my wife's mad at me because I sat the grill out in the front driveway instead of the back deck.

I'd just rather enjoy my kids playing as I always have in the front yard while I'm Q'ing..

In other houses where I've lived, we used the front yard and driveway quite a bit. Also, we were younger and lived in college neighborhoods. As such, it would be like a block party most nights. Now, though, our back yard opens up to a 15 acre green space behind us, and we have killer gardens. Our front yard, on the other hand, is a freaking grassless wasteland thanks two gigantic maples that cast their shadow over it.

It's a mixed bag. I miss the community aspect of everyone hanging out in the front, but I love sitting in the backyard and forgetting that I even live in the city.

Donger
It's called being nosey.

That's part of the reason I don't want to move in said snobby hood.

Interesting. What's nosey? They are in their front yard.

Adept Havelock
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
They are hanging out in the front of the house hoping to socialize, IMO. We go out front and talk with our neighbors in the evenings. It's nice.

Same here. If I didn't have a front porch, I'd probably do the "garage" bit.

JBucc
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Why would you want to sit out back? To stare at your fence? The front is where people and stuff is.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Why would you want to sit out back? To stare at your fence? The front is where people and stuff is.

You really think it is a social thing?

NewChief
05-21-2008, 08:15 PM

I would imagine that it is. In some neighborhoods (as you're probably seeing from the responses here), it's the norm to hang out in the front in order to socialize. They probably moved from such a neighborhood and had great times out front. I guarantee that they're hoping that other people start stopping by regularly to hang out, knock back a few cold ones, and shoot the shit. It's sort of a passive way of trying to get to know the neighbors.

My wife and I have always said that we'd like to host a neighborhood happy hour on Fridays. We read some profile of someone in one of our local papers, and they'd been doing it for like 20 years or some such. It was pretty cool.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I would imagine that it is. In some neighborhoods (as you're probably seeing from the responses here), it's the norm to hang out in the front in order to socialize. They probably moved from such a neighborhood and had great times out front. I guarantee that they're hoping that other people start stopping by regularly to hang out, knock back a few cold ones, and shoot the shit. It's sort of a passive way of trying to get to know the neighbors.

My wife and I have always said that we'd like to host a neighborhood happy hour on Fridays. We read some profile of someone in one of our local papers, and they'd been doing it for like 20 years or some such. It was pretty cool.

I appreciate the feedback. Previously in my neighborhood, we would acknowledge each other and if the kids were playing outside, perhaps chat briefly with each other. This was the norm. Social niceties.

JBucc
05-21-2008, 08:19 PM
You really think it is a social thing?You should get yourself a nice new spandex swimsuit and join them in their kiddie pool.

Boon
05-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, to be honest, it is somewhat of a snobby neighborhood.

Not any more.

NewChief
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I appreciate the feedback. Previously in my neighborhood, we would acknowledge each other and if the kids were playing outside, perhaps chat briefly with each other. This was the norm. Social niceties.

Well, there's the possibility that they're rude ass party people. If they're jamming their music and throwing down loudly after dark, then you might have issues. If they're responsible about it, it might be fun.

When I first saw the thread, I thought of this episode of intervention that I saw where the addict kid (a gulf war vet) would go hang next door at his neighbors house and get obliterated. They were the latter partying type. They had their weight bench in the garage, various tools strewn about everywhere, and would be up at 2:00 getting sloshed loudly in a nice neighborhood. Hopefully your neighbors aren't like that.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Not any more.

Make no mistake: if they don't submit, they'll go. It's happened before, just not within my immediate view.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Well, there's the possibility that they're rude ass party people. If they're jamming their music and throwing down loudly after dark, then you might have issues. If they're responsible about it, it might be fun.

When I first saw the thread, I thought of this episode of intervention that I saw where the addict kid (a gulf war vet) would go hang next door at his neighbors house and get obliterated. They were the latter partying type. They had their weight bench in the garage, various tools strewn about everywhere, and would be up at 2:00 getting sloshed loudly in a nice neighborhood. Hopefully your neighbors aren't like that.

No such behavior as of yet.

Spott
05-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I've noticed that most of subdivions here also like to do the garage thing on Halloween. Probably half of the people giving away candy just set up lawn chairs and hang out in the garage while kids come up for candy. It really makes a lot of sense because you get to meet and greet all of your neighbors and you don't have to get up every 2 minutes to answer the door for trick or treaters.

Bugeater
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll take a older house with a front porch and evenings with the neighbors. Just one of the little pleasures of life during the summer.

**** that noise. I'm sitting inside in the A/C.

Boon
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Make no mistake: if they don't submit, they'll go. It's happened before, just not within my immediate view.

I'm sure they're shaking in their boots, while they *gasp* stand around in their garage.

rad
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM

Some call it social niceties, others call it plastic hospitality.

Are they loud and belligerent? If things don't work out, you could just burn them out. Just use bundles of money around the fuel tank. Money burns slow and will give you time to get away and establish an alibi.

Nzoner
05-21-2008, 08:43 PM
This is one of the reasons I moved out of a neighborhood and outside the city limits,I knew no way in hell were neighbors going to put up with me drinking and ZZ cranked up on the outdoor speakers.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm sure they're shaking in their boots, while they *gasp* stand around in their garage.

Meh. They agreed to the HOA covenants when the moved here. They aren't in violation of any so far as I can tell. If they do, however, the locals are somewhat draconian.

Coach
05-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I guess that there isn't anything happening in their back yards these days where they want to be in the front, where all the action be at. :shrug:

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I guess that there isn't anything happening in their back yards these days where they want to be in the front, where all the action be at. :shrug:

We've established that.

Boon
05-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Me thinks I'd rather live in Mr Nzoners neighborhood. No offense Mr Donger.

Donger
05-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Me thinks I'd rather live in Mr Nzoners neighborhood. No offense Mr Donger.

None taken.

Skip Towne
05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
None taken.

When people tell me "no offense" I always take offense. They knew it was offensive or they wouldn't say "no offense"

Bugeater
05-21-2008, 09:03 PM
It's actually a beautiful night out tonight, I think I might move my computer desk out into the driveway.

Nzoner
05-21-2008, 09:13 PM
It's actually a beautiful night out tonight, I think I might move my computer desk out into the driveway.

Whilst drinking a Blvd Wheat you "white collar trash" :D

Boon
05-21-2008, 09:23 PM
When people tell me "no offense" I always take offense. They knew it was offensive or they wouldn't say "no offense"

Yeah, but you're kinda old. No offense though.

Demonpenz
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Donger: KEEP IT DOWN. I CAN'T HEAR BACH ON MY BOSE!
GARAGE DUDES: YOU LIKE BACH TOO? 18 and a life TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOooOO

BigRock
05-21-2008, 09:28 PM

And he keeps staring at my breasts.

Donger
05-21-2008, 09:34 PM

That's because you are a small man.

Phobia
05-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Yep. I BBQ with my neighbors all the time but Wednesdays are "Beer Wednesday". We hang out and drink a few beverages in the front yard.

Before we moved in my neighbors never knew one another's names now we're all pretty tight friends. It's a good feeling, being neighborly. One of my neighbors doesn't have a basement. When the tornado whistles go off we leave the front door open so they'll have a place to hide.

You should go introduce yourself Donger. They might be some of the coolest people ever.

ClevelandBronco
05-21-2008, 09:58 PM

I can't speak to the number of vehicles, but they sound friendly. Perhaps you should approach them cautiously.

ClevelandBronco
05-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Friggin' Ranch.

DeezNutz
05-21-2008, 10:00 PM

I'm really surprised that no one has commented on this. We're naturally going to need confirmation on the breasts. At the very least a more thorough description, typed slowly and at least twice, will do.

I'm always perplexed by the people who like to leave their garage doors up for no apparent reason. No one is in the garage. No chilling. No inflatable pool. No yard work, yet the garage door stays up for hours. WTF?

Skip Towne
05-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, but you're kinda old. No offense though.

OK, 47, you're on my shit list.

Boon
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
OK, 47, you're on my shit list.

Easy there Skippy!!
Probably a damn long list though..

smittysbar
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Sounds like to me that you and the rest of the neighborhood could be......snobs.

88TG88
05-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Alot of the thugs in my neighborhood do that as well.

DeezNutz
05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Sounds like to me that you and the rest of the neighborhood could be......snobs.

Meh. Sounds to me like he lives in an expensive neighborhood where the aesthetics matter. No cars parked on street, etc. Sorry, but if one drops over half mil. (in the midwest, I realize this buys a large cardboard box on the coasts), for example, to live in an up-scale neighborhood, it's not unreasonable to expect not to have to watch Cleetus splash in his kiddie pool in his driveway on Naturday with 10 people in plastic lawn chairs offering encouragement.

Boon
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I keep getting this image of Hank Hill, Bill Dauterive, Dale Gribble and Boomhauer standing around in the garage swilling some brew whilst all these snobby neighbors are plotting their evictions via HOA covenants.

RJ
05-21-2008, 10:56 PM
I know all my neighbors who spend time in the front yard or the garage. I rarely see the ones who only sit in the back. Don't even know their names.

The neighbors that I know are mostly nice people. I bet the ones I don't know are also very nice.

Air conditioning, garage door openers and fences have really changed the way we live.

wutamess
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm guessing you're not going to get the expected results when you're expecting more from a bunch of lower/middle class rednecks and one of the intelligent black guys on the board.

Maybe you should ask the Petegz's/Overland Parkers of the board.

Pablo
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
GARAGE DUDES: YOU LIKE BACH TOO? 18 and a life TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOooOOF*cking beautiful.

Rausch
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm guessing you're not going to get the expected results when you're expecting more from a bunch of lower/middle class rednecks and the intelligent black guy on the board.

You trying to insinuate that most black guys aren't intelligent?

RACIST!:cuss:

I thought the front porch/garage was the default man room for those of us not well off enough to afford a man room...

wutamess
05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
You trying to insinuate that most black guys aren't intelligent?

RACIST!:cuss:

fixed :thumb:

Phobia
05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm guessing you're not going to get the expected results when you're expecting more from a bunch of lower/middle class rednecks and one of the intelligent black guy on the board.

Who is the intelligent black guy?

wutamess
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Who is the intelligent black guy?

Duh! :rolleyes:

Phobia
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
fixed :thumb:

"one of the intelligent black guy?"

Phobia
05-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Duh! :rolleyes:

The idiot who can't count to two?

Saggysack
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Common folk moving into a neighborhood full of wannabe noble sires.

If I had neighbors that forced me out. Expect a gasoline lawn bath. Try growing your nice pretty green lush lawn now.

Ari Chi3fs
05-22-2008, 12:22 AM
I hate the HOA nazi bullshit. Stuck up cock suckers can **** off. Its my house, my land... my mortgage... eat a dick.

That being said, my neighbors are cool and we all know each other... but I was smart enough not to move around a bunch of mucky-mucks snob ass douche wads playing Back on their Bose's.

Valiant
05-22-2008, 12:48 AM

My neighbors do that.. They like to interact with people walking, be friendly and watch traffic...

As for vehicles, some might be recreational or used only certain parts of the year..

Valiant
05-22-2008, 01:23 AM
HOA are meant to broken and purged..

Valiant
05-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Common folk moving into a neighborhood full of wannabe noble sires.

If I had neighbors that forced me out. Expect a gasoline lawn bath. Try growing your nice pretty green lush lawn now.

I guarantee there are more so called common folk living there then they think.. Just rally all of them together and the snobby ****s to eat a dick..

Our HOA would not allow us to have asphalt shingles over wood, no sheds in the backyard, no clothes lines, no pools in your own backyard.. Since we moved in, we have everything except for the pool.. Couple houses down has it.. Hell in our cult-de-sac all but one house has a shed and asphalt now..

One thing that pisses me off about the snobs in our neighborhood though is them never parking in their driveway, always on the road.. But that is their right, I am not going to knock on the door and tell them to park their two cars in their 3-4 car garage or in one of the 6 spaces in the driveway..

No, I just hoc a big ass loogie as I run or bike by on their windshields..

Fruit Ninja
05-22-2008, 01:36 AM
When I was a teen my friends and I always hung out in the garage. We did a lot of drinking/pot smoking in there.

yep, i used to in my garage alot. We had a fridge in there, would drink and smoke and just hang out. Got yelled at by moms a few times, but overall, she was cool about it. haha

Every Friday my nextdoor neighbor hangs out in front of his garage and drinks beer til 1-2am bbq'ing it up all night. He's in his mid 30's. They also work on Lowrider cars, but thats earlier in the day. Summertime is just about here, and they will be back out there partying.

Saggysack
05-22-2008, 01:54 AM
I guarantee there are more so called common folk living there then they think.. Just rally all of them together and the snobby ****s to eat a dick..

Our HOA would not allow us to have asphalt shingles over wood, no sheds in the backyard, no clothes lines, no pools in your own backyard.. Since we moved in, we have everything except for the pool.. Couple houses down has it.. Hell in our cult-de-sac all but one house has a shed and asphalt now..

One thing that pisses me off about the snobs in our neighborhood though is them never parking in their driveway, always on the road.. But that is their right, I am not going to knock on the door and tell them to park their two cars in their 3-4 car garage or in one of the 6 spaces in the driveway..

No, I just hoc a big ass loogie as I run or bike by on their windshields..

I'll agree there probaly is a lot more common folk than the hoity toity types that live there. Suburban cookie cutter homes, bored housewives, though, atleast IMO seems to attract more of the busy bodies than older neighborhoods and living in the sticks do. I like my personal privacy, but I don't want to have to hide behind a wall and a roof to have it.

I refuse to live in any neighborhood with a HOA. Nobody is going to tell me when, where and what I can or can't do to, or at my home. If I want a chain link fence, I'm going to have a chain link fence. If I want paint my house with pink polka dots, I'm going to paint pink polka dots.

alanm
05-22-2008, 02:48 AM
I know all my neighbors who spend time in the front yard or the garage. I rarely see the ones who only sit in the back. Don't even know their names.

The neighbors that I know are mostly nice people. I bet the ones I don't know are also very nice.

Air conditioning, garage door openers and fences have really changed the way we live.
And the fact that nobody builds front porches on their houses anymore.

Otter
05-22-2008, 02:57 AM
Donger's bumper sticker - "My other car is a puckerd anus".

I know Donger, but if you did have a bumper sticker.

petegz28
05-22-2008, 03:35 AM
It's the common thing now. Everyone in m neighborhood hangs out in their driveway or garage. The soccer moms on the cul-del-sacs all gather around in one driveway wth like 15 chairs. Houses do not have front porches anymore and it is not considered "neighborly" to hang out in your backyard. People can't see you sitting in your lawn chair on your phone if you do it in your backyard!!!!

CrazyPhuD
05-22-2008, 03:49 AM
So are they the standard mullet wearing WT? If so perhaps you can explain the errors of thier behavior in language they understand. You know..."business in the Front, party in the back." :)

NewChief
05-22-2008, 04:11 AM

ROFL

HonestChieffan
05-22-2008, 05:51 AM
Try chanting and burning the days newspapers in your yard at dusk a few nights in a row, point to the sky and make a loud wailing sound then drop and take a knee pretending to shoot a rifle toward their garage. Then laugh loudly, say something with a Islamic accent and run back in the house. Do this a few times and all should return to normal.

DaKCMan AP
05-22-2008, 05:59 AM
We's don't take kind'ly to you kind 'a folk 'round heauh.

Fairplay
05-22-2008, 06:16 AM
I have an old couch on my front porch to hang out on.

PBR along side. But im good about cleaning up the empty cans in my yard the next day.

Fairplay
05-22-2008, 06:20 AM
I read my HOA one day. It said we were not allowed to grow a garden.

I thought WTF?

booyaf2
05-22-2008, 06:54 AM
I have a confession to make.
I own a home, and my garage is detached and sits behind my house attached to the back yard. It has cable television, a modest sound system, a fridge, deep freeze, an A/C unit, a bar, and a pellet stove. We entertain a lot of guests there rather than in the house to save the house from the mess. We do a lot of BBQing in our backyard, and its nice to go into the garage to get out of the elements when you don't have the picture perfect day. It also doubles as a dog house for my two furry friends. Its great to be white trash. Carry on.

booyaf2
05-22-2008, 06:56 AM
and i have an INFLATABLE POOL thingy that I picked up for the kids last week. Eat it Bi$#@es

kepp
05-22-2008, 07:10 AM
They are displaying some anomalous behavior, such as sitting in lawn chairs just inside their garage. Why would they want to do that?

You have it all wrong...those are garage chairs.

Hoover
05-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Thats nothing, I have a piece of white trash living behind me. I tried to talk my neighbors into buying the house when it was on the market. Its a tiny little house that could be cool, some old lady lived there. When I was it on the market for 30K I went and told the realtor I'd pay 10 cash, I was turned down and then tried to talk the neighbors into it. Didn't happen so no some drug dealer who has a brother who likes little kids is the wrong kind of way lives there.

They have a effin dog tied to the clothes line. Its a mean SOB because its been stabbed I'm told. It got loose one day and grabbed some kids pants and started to drag him back to their garage, I saw it and introduced that dog to my shovel. I knocked on the MFers door and said if your dog gets loose again I'm going to kill it.

WHITE TRASH, but he is scared shitless of his neighbors. :D

Radar Chief
05-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I have a confession to make.
I own a home, and my garage is detached and sits behind my house attached to the back yard. It has cable television, a modest sound system, a fridge, deep freeze, an A/C unit, a bar, and a pellet stove. We entertain a lot of guests there rather than in the house to save the house from the mess. We do a lot of BBQing in our backyard, and its nice to go into the garage to get out of the elements when you don't have the picture perfect day. It also doubles as a dog house for my two furry friends. Its great to be white trash. Carry on.

Replace “bar” with “work bench and tools” then “pellet stove” with “propane heater” and you’ve just described my garage.
I do a lot of entertaining in my garage also, but it’s more like do a little wrenching, drink lots of beer. Do some more wrenching, drink lots more beer. Can’t read the numbers on the wrench anymore, screw it, beer’s still cold.

joemama
05-22-2008, 07:18 AM
If that is the worst thing your neighbors do you should be thankful. Do you live on Mary Poppins Lane? Just me and my wife at my house and we have 5 vehicles. Got to have some toys.

Skip Towne
05-22-2008, 07:19 AM

You gave them your phone number?

tooge
05-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I have a buddy that lives in Olathe (surprise). His neighborhood is pretty nice with houses in the mid 200 K range. Everyone has a nice 4 to 5 thousand dollar deck in the back yard with nice landscaping. Then, they all hang out in the driveways. My buddy has us over and puts his chiminea and grill in the driveway and puts a foosball table in the garage. I'd much rather hang out in the back. I dont understand it either

Fairplay
05-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Last week i was in a checkout lane and two women were talikng away in front of me, then i heard one say "Oh my house in the one with the bathtub sitting out in the front yard."

HOA's can be a good thing people.

kepp
05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
HOA's can be a good thing people.

Yeah, just like the Nazis inventing the furnace.

Lzen
05-22-2008, 07:59 AM

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/williamson/entries/2008/05/13/leander_man_arrested_for_shoot.html

A Leander man was arrested and charged Sunday in connection with shooting a child in the back with a BB gun.

Robert Cleland, 38, was released after posting bail of $7,500. If convicted, he could face up to 20 years in prison.

Cleland told Leander police that he was drinking beer in his driveway while a group of neighborhood children were playing “war” with pellet guns, according to the arrest affidavit.

Cleland allowed one of the children to shoot him in the leg, after the victim’s father suggested it, but all of the children began shooting their guns at him, according to the affidavit.

He became angry, and grabbed his Daisy Powerline 880 BB gun from his garage. A boy continued to shoot at Cleland and as he walked away, Cleland “aimed the gun at (the boy’s) butt and discharged the BB gun,” according to the affidavit.

When police arrived, they found a hole and blood on the boy’s shirt. There also was a wound in the middle of his back that was approximately the size of a BB gun and was bleeding, the affidavit says.

Cleland was convicted of a terroristic threat in 2000 and spent 30 days in jail, according to open records.

20 years? For just shooting a kid in the bum with a BB gun? :shake:

Donger
05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
You gave them your phone number?

Sure, to our next door neighbors. The creatures in question live across the street.

I appreciate the input, everyone.

Lzen
05-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Meh. They agreed to the HOA covenants when the moved here. They aren't in violation of any so far as I can tell. If they do, however, the locals are somewhat draconian.

I've always wondered how that stuff works. What happens if they break these neighborhood rules? I guess that is a good reason for me to never, ever move into one of those places. I mean, yeah, I probably wouldn't be a bother to any HOA. But at the same time, I don't want some stuffed shirt arses telling me what I can or can't do on my property. 4321

Lzen
05-22-2008, 08:11 AM

STFU, you old fart. No offense.

Donger
05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I've always wondered how that stuff works. What happens if they break these neighborhood rules? I guess that is a good reason for me to never, ever move into one of those places. I mean, yeah, I probably wouldn't be a bother to any HOA. But at the same time, I don't want some stuffed shirt arses telling me what I can or can't do on my property. 4321

There are a number of escalating steps that are used to make them submit.

evolve27
05-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Brock
05-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeah, just like the Nazis inventing the furnace.

You lose.

kepp
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
You lose.

You're right. HOA's are the best!

Brock
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
You're right. HOA's are the best!

No, you're right. They rank up there with Hitler!

Otter
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
I responded to wrong post....not going back and looking it all up.

boogblaster
05-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Maybe there're not grass friendly ...

Lzen
05-22-2008, 09:45 AM
There are a number of escalating steps that are used to make them submit.

Such as?

ChiefButthurt
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
garage sounds like a good place for a jam session or some beer pong

Or maybe a car and a lawn tractor.

Donger
05-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Such as?

Multiple warnings, followed by escalating fines.

ChiefButthurt
05-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Such as?

Sending out invoices for association dues. Sending out letters that detail the violations on your property in accordance with the convenants as established in your deed. Charging for late fees when you pay late. Placing a lien on your property if you fail to comply. It's just business.

Lzen
05-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Sending out invoices for association dues. Sending out letters that detail the violations on your property in accordance with the convenants as established in your deed. Charging for late fees when you pay late. Placing a lien on your property if you fail to comply. It's just business.

I will never live in one of those.

blueballs
05-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Women love the bad boys
they know what they're doing

rad
05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm just LOL at the HOA brainwashees. Suckers.

Skip Towne
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
I will never live in one of those.

Me either. No gardens? wtf?

Saulbadguy
05-22-2008, 10:18 AM
White trash. Unless of course they are black.

|Zach|
05-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Last year we always hung out in our back yard...fenced in and everything. This year with the nice weather we have been hanging out in the front more. There is a lot of foot traffic in our parts during the summer we also found there is an electrical outlet that is in a big old tree in the front yard which is perfect for music.

Donger
05-22-2008, 10:40 AM

No, they are white.

Skip Towne
05-22-2008, 10:45 AM
No, they are white.

Do they appear to work?

Donger
05-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Do they appear to work?

Yes. The father claims to own a construction company.

Bob Dole
05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
No, you're right. They rank up there with Hitler!

You're just mad because they busted you for putting on the wrong color shingles.

Al Bundy
05-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I know in my neighborhood I very rarely see anyone out in front of their houses. I don't even know my neighbors name. People all work different hours and the only time I ever see any of them is when I am mowing my lawn.

Earthling
05-22-2008, 11:28 AM

A wound in his back the aproximate size of a BB gun...??
That could be between 8" up to several feet. Ive never seen much smaller BB guns than that. :p

Phobia
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I guarantee I'd be in trouble with a HOA if we had one. I run a construction business out of a 25x35 2 story shop in my back yard. It's grandfathered in. Heh.

The front of my house is well kept and looks very attractive. The back yard is a big giant mess. If/when my neighbors get frustrated, I'll agree to erect privacy fencing for them with no profit. I try to keep it somewhat picked up and orderly but that's difficult with the amount of materials and tools in and out of my shop.

Donger
05-22-2008, 11:36 AM
I guarantee I'd be in trouble with a HOA if we had one. I run a construction business out of a 25x35 2 story shop in my back yard. It's grandfathered in. Heh.

The front of my house is well kept and looks very attractive. The back yard is a big giant mess. If/when my neighbors get frustrated, I'll agree to erect privacy fencing for them with no profit. I try to keep it somewhat picked up and orderly but that's difficult with the amount of materials and tools in and out of my shop.

Our HOA forbids home-based businesses. In fact, commercial vehicles used for business are forbidden.

Earthling
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I have zero problems with HOA's. Personally I find them too restrictive for my own taste but I see no reason a group of like minded persons can not set standards that "they" find appealing. The important thing is to not live in a place if you disagree with the HOA policies. That would make it necessary to actually "read" the covenants but that should be a no-brainer anyway.

The interesting part to Dongers scenario is the fact that the new neighbors don't appear to be breaking any of the covenants. If that is true then I don't see a problem with their behavior. Can covenants be changed? And if so, what is the redress for the new neighbors?

Phobia
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Our HOA forbids home-based businesses. In fact, commercial vehicles used for business are forbidden.

That would be tough for me. I couldn't live there - which is why I live here.

stumppy
05-22-2008, 11:52 AM
That would be tough for me. I couldn't live there - which is why I live here.

That and the elitist judgemental baistaige Donger lives there.

Dave Lane
05-22-2008, 12:00 PM

If you didn't live in a tenement you would have these problems. Really if you worked harder and made more money you could afford to move

Dave

Donger
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
That and the elitist judgemental baistaige Donger lives there.

You spelled judgmental incorrectly.

Ari Chi3fs
05-22-2008, 12:12 PM
the HOA forbids Home based businesses.... hahah ...

Plus they are from Denver, no less. And these sheep bow down and become Bronco fans when pressured by the HOA. Can't have Chiefs fans living here.

sedated
05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
donger, can I have pics of your wife?

DenverChief
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM

I own 2 vehicles a 4x4 and a sedan is that anomalous ?

Donger
05-22-2008, 12:16 PM

It would be in my neighborhood, yes.

DenverChief
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
It would be in my neighborhood, yes.

I'm curious as to why? Unless you all drive Subaru wagons then I understand

Donger
05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm curious as to why? Unless you all drive Subaru wagons then I understand

Most families/households in my neighborhood tend to have only two cars.

stumppy
05-22-2008, 12:22 PM
You spelled judgmental incorrectly.

LMAO

Nice catch.

DenverChief
05-22-2008, 12:43 PM

btw you live in the trinity test area? no wonder your neighborhood is weird

CrazyPhuD
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM

I dunno, it's beginging to sound more like the white trash are the 'normal' ones and the rest of the neighborhood is sounding more like these people......

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070503/scifigallery/v_l.jpg

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Donger - you would hate me for a neighbor then. I have a stereo and cable TV in my garage - sit out there have a beer, chat with the neighbors, watch the kids play. Sucks to be friendly.

Rausch
05-22-2008, 12:53 PM

Hey, Jefferson Darcy, you trying to color coodinate with your outfits or what?...:hmmm:

Donger
05-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Donger - you would hate me for a neighbor then. I have a stereo and cable TV in my garage - sit out there have a beer, chat with the neighbors, watch the kids play. Sucks to be friendly.

Where do you live?

Rausch
05-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Where do you live?

Clearly not as observant as you think you are...

Donger
05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Clearly not as observant as you think you are...

Denver is a large city.

HemiEd
05-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Without reading this whole thread, are they from India?

The reason I ask, three houses down, on the other side of the street, there are some people that do the exact same thing. They are from India. Nice folks, but strange.

Mile High Mania
05-22-2008, 02:00 PM

Cable and a stereo in the garage... it's ok to detach from them every once and a while.

Rausch
05-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Cable and a stereo in the garage... it's ok to detach from them every once and a while.

Tittie bar?...

Radar Chief
05-22-2008, 02:22 PM

Eh, it’s typically just noise in the background while I work on something.
Though it is nice to watch sports without MiniMe screaming in my ear for Pokimon.

Lzen
05-22-2008, 03:26 PM

What do you call them if they are? Nonkeys?

Lzen
05-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I dunno, it's beginging to sound more like the white trash are the 'normal' ones and the rest of the neighborhood is sounding more like these people......

Is that V?

CrazyPhuD
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Is that V?

yesLMAO

Fairplay
05-22-2008, 03:36 PM

That would be funny as hell if the neighbor donger is talking about was you..LMAO

Adept Havelock
05-22-2008, 03:48 PM

I always loved those cheesy miniseries. Started as a TV version of Lewis's It Can't Happen Here.

In the 1950's it would have been called Nazi Cannibal Lizards from Outer Space.

Rooster
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM

I used to be in love with that chick. Even though I knew she was a horse eating lizzard I wanted to have relations with her.

RJ
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I used to be in love with that chick. Even though I knew she was a horse eating lizzard I wanted to have relations with her.

Lust triumphs all.

tmax63
05-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I can't handle HOA's, that's why I have 40 acres here in CO and a couple hundred in NW MO. I was pissed when the Co. Springs townfolk voted to zone us out here in the eastern part of the county. I want to be able to take a leak off the front porch when I let the dogs out and not have a neighbor bitch. I don't need for some tight-lipped assh0le to tell me I gotta put shingles on my roof if I want metal for durability and wind resistance. And the neighbors I do have (minimum 1/4 mile away) are just like me. We look out after each other and tell each other when things seem out of the ordinary.

Phobia
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
That would be funny as hell if the neighbor donger is talking about was you..LMAO

Stranger things have happened on here - witness Deputy Dog/Nzoner rant about drinks in Arrowhead stands.

CHENZ A!
05-22-2008, 08:21 PM
People down the street from me have TV in their garage and like 20 cars. They're out there every damn day even in winter, but they don't bother me. I just wave when I drive by. I think of them as kind of a neighborhood watch group, ain't nobody ****ing with my block. LMAO

Lzen
05-22-2008, 08:23 PM
yesLMAO

What's so funny? The fact that I knew that was V?

Hey, I loved that miniseries when I was a kid. Then I think it became a regular weekly show.

CrazyPhuD
05-22-2008, 08:37 PM
What's so funny? The fact that I knew that was V?

Hey, I loved that miniseries when I was a kid. Then I think it became a regular weekly show.

Nah I wasn't sure if it would be too subtle for people to get. Nothing against you.;)

Phobia
05-22-2008, 08:40 PM
It was too subtle for me, fwiw.

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Where do you live?
Highlands Ranch

Lzen
05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Nah I wasn't sure if it would be too subtle for people to get. Nothing against you.;)

Didn't hurt my feelings. I know I have always been a sci fi geek.

Back on topic. There is no way I could ever do the hanging out in the garage driveway. My garage is out back detached from the house. It leads to a street. The street is actually pretty busy. It annoys the Hell out of me, actually. There is a main street only 3 blocks west of me yet everyone wants to cheat and use the street behind my house.

Coach
05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Didn't hurt my feelings. I know I have always been a sci fi geek.

Back on topic. There is no way I could ever do the hanging out in the garage driveway. My garage is out back detached from the house. It leads to a street. The street is actually pretty busy. It annoys the Hell out of me, actually. There is a main street only 3 blocks west of me yet everyone wants to cheat and use the street behind my house.

Put out "Road Closed" barriers and tell them to divert back to the other street. Heh.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2008, 10:49 PM

LMAO That's a good one.

Rausch
05-22-2008, 11:12 PM

I have the miniseries on DVD.

Amazing how much of that the ID4 guys stole for their flick and how much of it has been used in countless sci-fi flicks.

Nzoner
05-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Stranger things have happened on here - witness Deputy Dog/Nzoner rant about drinks in Arrowhead stands.

The minute I read Donger's initial post I was thinking the same thing.

Last comment on HOA's,I have an old client who lives in one and they are even forbidden to have a satellite dish.Now when they were the huge C-band type I could see it but a small dish like DTV,you gotta be kidding.

Skip Towne
05-23-2008, 08:02 AM
The minute I read Donger's initial post I was thinking the same thing.

Last comment on HOA's,I have an old client who lives in one and they are even forbidden to have a satellite dish.Now when they were the huge C-band type I could see it but a small dish like DTV,you gotta be kidding.

Somebody show that HOA a copy of the Telecommuications Act of 1996. Federal law prohibits banning of satellite dishes under 39".

Donger
05-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Highlands Ranch

LMAO

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-23-2008, 09:23 AM
LMAO
What's funny about living in a nice neighborhood with a great view of the mountains? Kids have great schools to go to, virtually no crime.

Which slum do you live in?

Donger
05-23-2008, 09:27 AM
What's funny about living in a nice neighborhood with a great view of the mountains? Kids have great schools to go to, virtually no crime.

Which slum do you live in?

I was laughing because I used to live in Highlands Ranch. We moved about five years ago.

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-23-2008, 09:35 AM
I was laughing because I used to live in Highlands Ranch. We moved about five years ago.
We love it down here. We back up to a green belt, which is followed by the soccer field for our kids elementary school. Back of the house faces west and I have a perfect view of the Rockies every day.

Can't beat it. I am sitting on the back patio now looking at the snow capped mountains.

bizzar54
05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
When I was in college I had a duplex next to an older couple and he sat in his lawn chair in the garage and would just sit there smoking and listening to the radio. Family visited us and would ask why is there an old man just sitting in his garage. We all found it strange. So you arent alone on that.

As far as everyone saying they like to hang out in the front and watch their kids play, frankly I would rather have my kids playing in the back fenced in yard with the dog so I dont have to worry about anyone getting hit by a car or wandering off. I think part of the problem is all these damn crazy people out there that arent afraid to just drive by and snag an innocent little kid. I have seen Mystic River I know how things happen.

Not to mention it is not uncommon for me to hang out in the back yard and visit with my neighbors who are also entertaining in their backyards. Just because there is a fence it doesnt mean people cant be social.

Radar Chief
05-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I’ll be hanging out in my garage drinking beer and working on the Corveep tonight. I’m hoping I can get it ready to start so I can break in the cam tomorrow morning.
Wish me luck.

wutamess
05-23-2008, 04:34 PM
When I was in college I had a duplex next to an older couple and he sat in his lawn chair in the garage and would just sit there smoking and listening to the radio. Family visited us and would ask why is there an old man just sitting in his garage. We all found it strange. So you arent alone on that.

As far as everyone saying they like to hang out in the front and watch their kids play, frankly I would rather have my kids playing in the back fenced in yard with the dog so I dont have to worry about anyone getting hit by a car or wandering off. I think part of the problem is all these damn crazy people out there that arent afraid to just drive by and snag an innocent little kid. I have seen Mystic River I know how things happen.

Not to mention it is not uncommon for me to hang out in the back yard and visit with my neighbors who are also entertaining in their backyards. Just because there is a fence it doesnt mean people cant be social.

We live at the end of a culdesac.

Donger
05-23-2008, 04:37 PM
We love it down here. We back up to a green belt, which is followed by the soccer field for our kids elementary school. Back of the house faces west and I have a perfect view of the Rockies every day.

Can't beat it. I am sitting on the back patio now looking at the snow capped mountains.

And just think, you were looking in my direction.

Donger
05-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I’ll be hanging out in my garage drinking beer and working on the Corveep tonight. I’m hoping I can get it ready to start so I can break in the cam tomorrow morning.
Wish me luck.

Working on a car in one's garage is very different than just sitting there watching people.

Calcountry
05-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Just wait until they BBQ in the front yard and play frisbee with thier dog by throwing the frisbee into your yard, and wave at you when you are driving up.

opraider
05-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Across the street, they have their two little dogs leashed up in the front yard whenever the need to go! They have a backyard!

Skip Towne
05-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Donger is just bitching because there isn't a hot wife/daughter involved.

Bwana
05-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Hmm? I have a lot of buddies that come over and we sit in chairs in the garage/shop and drink tasty beverages by the door. The shop faces a back alley, so there is a defined degree of privacy. My man fridge is in there, so there is an endless supply of micro brews on hand. We shoot the shit, and figure out where to bury the bodies of the neighbors that worry about us sitting in the shop shooting the shit.

Skip Towne
05-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I go up to my buddies shop when it is really hot. He throws open the big double door and a really nice breeze flows through there. We sit there in lawn chairs and BS. I'm easily entertained.

ChiefaRoo
05-23-2008, 09:42 PM

When I was a kid in the early 80's we lived in a town of approx 1,200 in KS. We did that grill in the front yard thing with neighbors and lawn chairs from time to time, especially around the 4th of July. I miss that.

Later, my dad and mom built a big ass pool and a fence and the BBQ went undercover. We still had people over but it wasn't nearly as intimate.

Sounds like your neighbors are throwbacks. I think it's a good opportunity. Buy a lawn chair or two and head on over.

ChiefaRoo
05-23-2008, 09:48 PM
That's because you are a small man.

LMAO at Skip

Donger
05-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Donger is just bitching because there isn't a hot wife/daughter involved.

Indeed. The daughter and the mother are repulsive.

Skip Towne
05-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Indeed. The daughter and the mother are repulsive.

I knew it. Had they been hot this would be a whole 'nother thread.

alanm
05-23-2008, 10:42 PM
So.. Do these HOA's mandate wife swapping and the like. Or is that just a given when you move into these neighborhoods?:D

NewChief
05-23-2008, 10:48 PM
And just think, you were looking in my direction.

I think I see your problem, now. A yurt on top of Long's Peak is bound to attract some strange neighbors.

Discuss Thrower
05-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Tonight, I spent an hour talking in front of a friend's driveway talking about gas prices and the economy.

Skip Towne
05-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Tonight, I spent an hour talking in front of a friend's driveway talking about gas prices and the economy.

Why didn't you pull up lawn chairs in the garage?

RJ
05-23-2008, 11:23 PM
About 20 years ago in Baltimore I had a neighbor who sat in his front yard almost every summer night. He was an older man, since died. In those days I'd get home from work about 9:30 most nights and there he'd sit in his lawn chair with a six-pack cooler alongside and his radio. The radio was always tuned to the Orioles game which I'd also be listening to in the car. After I parked and before I went inside I'd always stop for a moment to talk to him about the game. Sometimes I'd go get a beer and then sit with him and listen for an inning or so. I'm not sure if we ever called each other by name but we both liked the Orioles and we both liked beer and we both liked summer nights.

I don't think there was a home owners association in that neighborhood. Still, it was a nice place to live.

Adept Havelock
05-23-2008, 11:23 PM
So.. Do these HOA's mandate wife swapping and the like. Or is that just a given when you move into these neighborhoods?:D

Donger and Carol and Ted and Alice?

Discuss Thrower
05-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Why didn't you pull up lawn chairs in the garage?

Completely filled with boxes and toys for a 3 year old... And a fridge and a half of beer.

PastorMikH
05-24-2008, 12:32 AM

The rednecks have moved into town!

Seriously, they had a back yard just outside that door down the long hallway in the last house. Moble homes don't have garages though and they are probably just a little fascinated with it currently. Don't worry, it will pass - they will get the garage so full of junk before long that there won't be room for lawn chairs in it. Shoot, they might get it so full of stuff that the door won't close either.

Rausch
05-24-2008, 01:53 AM
The rednecks have moved into town!

Seriously, they had a back yard just outside that door down the long hallway in the last house. Moble homes don't have garages though and they are probably just a little fascinated with it currently. Don't worry, it will pass - they will get the garage so full of junk before long that there won't be room for lawn chairs in it. Shoot, they might get it so full of stuff that the door won't close either.

How depressing.

So, once I attain middle class status you're saying I'll ruin the fruits of it myself?

:hmmm:

Yup, sounds about right...

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2008, 03:13 AM
How depressing.

So, once I attain middle class status you're saying I'll ruin the fruits of it myself?

:hmmm:

Yup, sounds about right...

There are no HOA's where I live :D

cdcox
05-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Got a brisket cooking in the smoker on the driveway right now.

Otter
05-24-2008, 06:57 AM

SCUMBAG!!!

RNR
05-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Hmm? I have a lot of buddies that come over and we sit in chairs in the garage/shop and drink tasty beverages by the door. The shop faces a back alley, so there is a defined degree of privacy. My man fridge is in there, so there is an endless supply of micro brews on hand. We shoot the shit, and figure out where to bury the bodies of the neighbors that worry about us sitting in the shop shooting the shit.

LMAO I have no clue why anyone would want to live around self inflated assholes anyway.

blueballs
05-24-2008, 10:02 AM
that's why they didn't like the inflatable pool
it could be compressed and put away
and brought enjoyment -jealousy

Dylan
05-24-2008, 11:01 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Dick Bull
05-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Do (http://www.courtneygains.net/images/movies/theburbs.jpg) they like like this?http://www.courtneygains.net/images/movies/theburbs.jpg

Extra Point
05-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I fabricated some 10 air blower stands in my driveway a few years ago. The retired neighbor closest to the driveway had the HOA handbook in one hand, a printed City Code webpage in the other. I was reminded about not having the authority to build such equipment on our property, how I was making noise and making the area smell of solvent and paint, and how our cars weren't always parked in the garage,... He gave me 3 days to finish the projects before he would call the HOA and the city. My other neighbors had dropped by, one who is a police officer in an adjoining city, told me, "Cool looking stands, man." I got them done in the time prescribed, and parked one of our cars in the garage for at least a week.

A week ago, my next-door neighbors on the other side inflated an inflatable pool for their kids; the kids were loud and sprayed water all over the place. Having had three kids like he does, and how they were loud as Hell, I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Screw the HOA's, and pompous asses who keep HOA handbooks, and have nothing to do but bitch about their low-life neighbors.

JohninGpt
05-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I just moved into a nieghborhood.

What town do you live in?

TinyEvel
05-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I think sitting in the pool is there to facilitate the drinking while eliminating the need to go inside to pee.

Skip Towne
05-24-2008, 02:55 PM
I think sitting in the pool is there to facilitate the drinking while eliminating the need to go inside to pee.

I'll bet that violates HOA rules.

Donger
05-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I fabricated some 10 air blower stands in my driveway a few years ago. The retired neighbor closest to the driveway had the HOA handbook in one hand, a printed City Code webpage in the other. I was reminded about not having the authority to build such equipment on our property, how I was making noise and making the area smell of solvent and paint, and how our cars weren't always parked in the garage,... He gave me 3 days to finish the projects before he would call the HOA and the city. My other neighbors had dropped by, one who is a police officer in an adjoining city, told me, "Cool looking stands, man." I got them done in the time prescribed, and parked one of our cars in the garage for at least a week.

A week ago, my next-door neighbors on the other side inflated an inflatable pool for their kids; the kids were loud and sprayed water all over the place. Having had three kids like he does, and how they were loud as Hell, I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Screw the HOA's, and pompous asses who keep HOA handbooks, and have nothing to do but bitch about their low-life neighbors.

I'm curious, why did you chose to move to an HOA-controlled community?

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Bad things can also happen with hanging out in the front. lol Well, during the beer run last night some dude kicked my sisters car and my best friend got out of the car and beat the shit out of the dude. See what happens when you drink! omg! I guess we dont call my best friend Rowdy for nothing.

RJ
05-24-2008, 05:59 PM

If you were my neighbor I'd be wandering over to your driveway with some beer....beer is the best currency to use for a brisket transaction with a neighbor. Unless you have ribs, but they're not always available.

Ari Chi3fs
05-24-2008, 06:25 PM
I am ready for pictures of Dongers' perfect tittied neighbor.

badgirl
05-24-2008, 07:57 PM
I am ready for pictures of Dongers' perfect tittied neighbor.

House or Compound??:hmmm:

With all the ground rules sounds like this area of people should relocate somewhere in Texas.

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Haha - I hung out in my garage listening to the stereo most of the day as the brisket cooked out the side door of the garage.

Extra Point
05-24-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm curious, why did you chose to move to an HOA-controlled community?

I got the home for a decent price, Mom has a cement pond, and even with the area housing market flat, people are able to sell in our neighborhood. Besides, it's a great place to put a few lawn chairs in the driveway.

Bill Parcells
05-24-2008, 08:45 PM

You're a nosy neighbor.

http://www.tvcrazy.net/tvclassics/wallpaper/pages/bewitched/gladys_small.jpg

http://www.pinkiestyle.com/pinkie_style/images/gladys.jpg

http://intownnashville.com/intownreport/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/gladys.jpg

Skip Towne
05-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey, Donger, was there any more asocial behaviour today?

badgirl
05-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey, Donger, was there any more asocial behaviour today?

yea like maybe they were actually SITTING on their FRONT porch talking:PPL:

ChiefaRoo
05-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Bad things can also happen with hanging out in the front. lol Well, during the beer run last night some dude kicked my sisters car and my best friend got out of the car and beat the shit out of the dude. See what happens when you drink! omg! I guess we dont call my best friend Rowdy for nothing.

raider fan?

blueballs
05-25-2008, 01:19 AM
the was one wheel on the grass
someone is shitting a blue brick

Discuss Thrower
05-25-2008, 01:56 AM
For the second night in a row, I participated in the time honored tradition of hanging out in a garage... Or in front of one rather. We stood outside while a guy my aged got out his iBook and we looked up his hot sorority friends from MSSU on Facebook then looked at some porn.

Otter
05-25-2008, 02:16 AM
For the second night in a row, I participated in the time honored tradition of hanging out in a garage... Or in front of one rather. We stood outside while a guy my aged got out his iBook and we looked up his hot sorority friends from MSSU on Facebook then looked at some porn.

Donger's Anus pucker just went into overdrive, it's probably turning itself inside-out as he dials up the HOA president right now.

Bet he almost fell on the kitchen floor in his full footed pajamas. Poor guy had to probably tape a pencil to his nose so he could dial seeing how a teddy bear was in one hand and his thumb mouthed with the other.

I hope you think you're funny.

blueballs
05-25-2008, 08:59 AM
what is with hitting last page on these long threads
and not getting any replies
just the thread starter

Donger
05-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the input, everyone. I appreciate the "answers."

Discuss Thrower
05-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Donger's Anus pucker just went into overdrive, it's probably turning itself inside-out as he dials up the HOA president right now.

Bet he almost fell on the kitchen floor in his full footed pajamas. Poor guy had to probably tape a pencil to his nose so he could dial seeing how a teddy bear was in one hand and his thumb mouthed with the other.

I hope you think you're funny.

I is what I is.

XXXshogunXXX
05-25-2008, 04:07 PM

man....they sound like barbarians! what has the world come to! they have lawn chairs???! and they sit in their garage!? plus 6 cars?? WTF. watch your back, and if have you dont gave a gun...get one! automatics are ideal in a situation like this.

Skip Towne
05-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Any new developments today?

Donger
05-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Any new developments today?

They have a chain saw. A f*cking chain saw.

Skip Towne
05-25-2008, 08:11 PM
They have a chain saw. A f*cking chain saw.

He may need it in his work since he is a builder. I'll bet Phobia has a chain saw.