PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV For NZoner: ZZTop and David Cook!

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 06:57 PM
On American Idol! Im sure it will show up on Youtube in a few hours..

Nzoner
05-21-2008, 07:54 PM
On American Idol! Im sure it will show up on Youtube in a few hours..

I've never watched even a minute of that show but if it ends up on YouTube and someone posts it,I'd surely take a look.

VonneMarie
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
KCDC!!!!!!!!!!

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I've never watched even a minute of that show but if it ends up on YouTube and someone posts it,I'd surely take a look.

Here ya go!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbXBrILBMtU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbXBrILBMtU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nzoner
05-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Here ya go!

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbXBrILBMtU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Appreciate it,lol at him imitating Billy's leg moves,not bad at all though.

Ari Chi3fs
05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Congrats to Cook. Im over it now, though. We are about to be assaulted with David Cook shit now that he won. My wife is happy though, so Im gonna go get laid here in a bit.

KcMizzou
05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Cook won? Haha, my mom will be thrilled.

I was over there for dinner last night, and we watched it. She was pretty sure the other guy would win, even though she was rooting for Cook.

She was pretty sure the wink Simon gave him was a sign that he was trying to rile up all the Cook supporters to vote, though.

Demonpenz
05-21-2008, 09:20 PM
that guy sounds like chad krogger from nickleback

Herzig
05-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I'm glad the Kansas City/Blue Springs guy won...it was cool to see him wearing the royals hats too!

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 09:27 PM
that guy sounds like chad krogger from nickleback

Funny you mention that. Both David's sang "Hero" tonight by Krogger. Your right, he does sound like him at times.

Demonpenz
05-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Not surprise because nickleback is this generations led zepplin

Ari Chi3fs
05-21-2008, 09:41 PM

HAHA hah aah ah aah

oh man.

Thig Lyfe
05-21-2008, 09:54 PM

LMAO

Logical
05-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Just saw the performance with ZZ and I was not at all impressed. He does not have the pipes for that song and his guitar playing is not up to snuff either. Fair

Mr. Kotter
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM

:spock:

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Just saw the performance with ZZ and I was not at all impressed. He does not have the pipes for that song and his guitar playing is not up to snuff either. Fair

Wow. Funny how two different people looking at the same thing....think differently. I thought that performance was one of the reasons Cook won.... :shrug:

Phobia
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow. Funny how two different people looking at the same thing....think differently. I thought that performance was one of the reasons Cook won.... :shrug:
Except for the results were already in by the time he did the ZZ Top song.

Logical
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO

I take it you are new to AI, nothing that went on tonight had anything to do with who won other than the announcement. Each contestent had 3 songs last night and then the public had 2 hours to vote after the show aired in your area to vote. The results were decided before the show tonight even started.

Phobia
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM

Wow. How could you distinguish DC's guitar from Gibbons? I thought he did the song way better than even ZZ Top themselves. He should probably release a cover of it on his first album.

Logical
05-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Wow. How could you distinguish DC's guitar from Gibbons? I thought he did the song way better than even ZZ Top themselves. He should probably release a cover of it on his first album.Just my opinion. He is got a future no doubt about it, too bad he will have it directed for at least the next year by the AI production team. Archuletta probably has a better immediate future because he will be free to pursue his own direction, with the right guidance his future is also very bright.

Mr. Kotter
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
I take it you are new to AI, nothing that went on tonight had anything to do with who won other than the announcement. Each contestent had 3 songs last night and then the public had 2 hours to vote after the show aired in your area to vote. The results were decided before the show tonight even started.

I'm proud to admit....I'm no AI groupie; so I stand corrected. If that song/performance was indicative, at all, of the difference....between the two "Davids"....it's easy to me, to see why Cook won.

That's my only real point; he did a very nice job there....:clap:

Phobia
05-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Just my opinion. He is got a future no doubt about it, too bad he will have it directed for at least the next year by the AI production team. Archuletta probably has a better immediate future because he will be free to pursue his own direction, with the right guidance his future is also very bright.
I don't see how the AI team can screw it up. The roadmap for his success has already been drawn.

Archuletta has a great voice, no doubt but I'm not sure in which box he belongs and to whom his talent should be marketed. But then again Richard Marx sold millions of albums at one time so who am I to judge?

In any case, I think any red-blooded male will admit that the delicious blond stole the show. Miss Underwood looked better than ever and I think her song may have sounded okay too.

Guru
05-22-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't see how the AI team can screw it up. The roadmap for his success has already been drawn.

Archuletta has a great voice, no doubt but I'm not sure in which box he belongs and to whom his talent should be marketed. But then again Richard Marx sold millions of albums at one time so who am I to judge?

In any case, I think any red-blooded male will admit that the delicious blond stole the show. Miss Underwood looked better than ever and I think her song may have sounded okay too.

That was the first time I have ever seen or heard her. I was thoroughly impressed.

ChiefsFanatic
05-22-2008, 02:19 AM

Well, the guy only had to learn 20 songs this week, his three songs, and all 10 song writing entries, the ZZ Top number, and all the group songs.

And as I said before, I have listened to his solo stuff, and his Axium stuff, and the dude can definately sing, I mean really sing.

ChiefsFanatic
05-22-2008, 02:21 AM

She looked smoking hot tonight, and I agree, better than I have ever seen her look.

Al Bundy
05-22-2008, 02:57 AM
But then again Richard Marx sold millions of albums at one time so who am I to judge?

Richard Marx was all hair and no talent.

Guru
05-22-2008, 03:13 AM
She looked smoking hot tonight, and I agree, better than I have ever seen her look.

This...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sC6T7cCEgyM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sC6T7cCEgyM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Is a far cry from this...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMBSDpB3WB8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMBSDpB3WB8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dartgod
05-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Wow. How could you distinguish DC's guitar from Gibbons? I thought he did the song way better than even ZZ Top themselves. He should probably release a cover of it on his first album.
Hehe.

Phobia :Poke: NZoner

Nzoner
05-22-2008, 07:44 AM

:eek:

Seriously,I don't know how the show works having never watched it but if that was the ZZ song chosen to show one's guitar playing talent,what a joke.Not dogging the guy's performance but if he's truly there to show his full God given talent then I say let them pull out some ZZ blues and see if he can come even close to making his guitar talk like Billy G does.

Nzoner
05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Hehe.

Phobia :Poke: NZoner

Heh,I was typing as you were posting LMAO

Deberg_1990
05-22-2008, 07:48 AM
:eek:

Seriously,I don't know how the show works having never watched it but if that was the ZZ song chosen to show one's guitar playing talent,what a joke.Not dogging the guy's performance but if he's truly there to show his full God given talent then I say let them pull out some ZZ blues and see if he can come even close to making his guitar talk like Billy G does.

That was from last nights show. The actual performances being judged were the previous night. Last nights show was just for fun and to blow off some steam before the winner was announced.

Ive only watched 3 seasons and i dont remember anyone ever performing a ZZ Top song before?? I was actually kind of shocked they were on that show???

StcChief
05-22-2008, 07:55 AM
in their dreams.LMAO

Demonpenz
05-22-2008, 07:57 AM
If i remember the video he was either just lighting strumming an open E so you couldn't really hear it or just playing along to that songs main part

or pressing down on the middle three strings on the 5th then 3rd fret then 2nd fret is how you play the first part then it is just strumming on the 2nd fret during the verse.

boogblaster
05-22-2008, 09:08 AM
ZZ still ROCKS ....

Al Bundy
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
As for Nickleback I would love to see those girls take on ZZ Top in a barfight.. ZZ Top would beat them like a rented goalie.

Demonpenz
05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
As for Nickleback I would love to see those girls take on ZZ Top in a barfight.. ZZ Top would beat them like a rented goalie.

Zz top gets along with nickleback just fine The one dude was on the song rock star. (I want a quesidilla) and nickleback was handpicked to play for them at the rock and roll hall of fame. It was a passing of the torch kind of event that will not be forgoten

Demonpenz
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
"Rockstar" is the fifth U.S. single (although later re-released) by the Canadian rock band Nickelback from their 2005 fifth studio album All the Right Reasons. It was only released in the U.S. and Canada, and has since been re-released worldwide. Spoken-word vocals between each verse are provided by Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.

Sort of passing the torch

Deberg_1990
05-22-2008, 10:58 AM
This was also pretty funny from last night, although it drags on a little too long at the end.

Stiller/Black/Downey Jr. doing a little early "Tropic Thunder" promotion

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYFs83TjHcU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYFs83TjHcU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>