PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Confirming the rumors. Bale to play Connor in 3 Terminator Movies

Braincase
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=54610

T4's Bale Signs For Three

Christian Bale is to play rebel leader John Connor in three sequels to the Terminator franchise, BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7411013.stm) reported.

The Welsh-born star, who is soon to be seen in the Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight, has already started shooting the first of those films, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, the news service reported.

"He read the script, and he loved it, so he's signed on for all three," Derek Anderson, business partner of Halcyon films' Victor Kubicek, told the BBC.

McG (Charlie's Angels) is directing the first prequel film, which is slated for release on May 22, 2009.

MTG#10
05-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Awesome. Bale is a very good actor. Its going to be weird watching Terminator movies without Arnold though.

Brock
05-22-2008, 10:10 AM
"McG":rolleyes: is directing? It's guaranteed to suck.

Simply Red
05-22-2008, 10:13 AM
O RLY?

Molitoth
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Every Bale movie is great. He's probably my favorite actor, expecially for what he did in The Machinist role.

Swanman
05-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Every Bale movie is great. He's probably my favorite actor, expecially for what he did in The Machinist role.

I agree with you, but please don't forget Reign of Fire, yecchh.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree with you, but please don't forget Reign of Fire, yecchh.

Reign of Fire wasn't bad imo, but Harsh Times was the worst Bale movie i have ever seen. He is a great actor though

Rausch
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM

WTF is "McG?"

MTG#10
05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Reign of Fire wasn't bad imo, but Harsh Times was the worst Bale movie i have ever seen. He is a great actor though

Equilibrium was badass.

Swanman
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM

Forgot about Harsh Times, that was a bit of a disappointment. From the preview it looked like it had a lot of potential but all the movie tried to accomplish was to show how nuts his character was. It was pretty well-acted, but couldn't overcome the horseshit script.

Bowser
05-22-2008, 02:39 PM
QFMFT

Sure-Oz
05-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Forgot about Harsh Times, that was a bit of a disappointment. From the preview it looked like it had a lot of potential but all the movie tried to accomplish was to show how nuts his character was. It was pretty well-acted, but couldn't overcome the horseshit script.

Agreed...lets drive in a car most of the time or drink, im sure it was filmed behind a highschool and a neighborhood.

Fruit Ninja
05-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I enjoyed the hell out of the TV show. I cant wait for season 2. Cant wait to see what they cook up for movies.

L.A. Chieffan
05-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Geez I like the first two Terminator movies as much as the next movie dork but how much shit can you make about John Connor?

Chiefs Pantalones
05-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Geez I like the first two Terminator movies as much as the next movie dork but how much shit can you make about John Connor?
I agree, but the movies are going to have Bale in them so I'll give it a shot.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2008, 06:50 PM
I like the sarah connor chronicles, im sure it will have a following seasons as well....the season 1 set is due pretty soon dvd and bluray

KCChiefsMan
05-23-2008, 07:59 AM
I didn't get to see the Sarah Connor Chronicles, I'll have to rent the series on DVD. But I'll watch anything with Bale in it, he's a damn good actor IMO. Plus I love the Terminator movies, granted, the 3rd one wasn't all that but I still enjoyed the story.

Adept Havelock
05-23-2008, 09:58 AM
It's got to be a better story than S.M. Stirling's books set after T2. Doesn't it?

Pestilence
05-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Equilibrium was badass.

QFT

Valiant
05-24-2008, 12:27 PM

???? You must be real easy to please for movies..

Reign of Fire was a total mess... Kind of like 'In the Name of the King,' the movie is just there, no real plot or thought into it..

Sure-Oz
05-24-2008, 12:56 PM

Reign of Fire was a total mess... Kind of like 'In the Name of the King,' the movie is just there, no real plot or thought into it..

I agree that there really wasn't much of a plot but the dragons were cool i guess...

I mean within a few min you knew it was a rent only

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2008, 02:45 PM
I agree that there really wasn't much of a plot but the dragons were cool i guess...

Their was the Coffeyville KS name drop too

Bowser
05-24-2008, 03:27 PM

Everyone's a critic. :shake:

The scene with the skydivers was pretty cool. It was by no means a classic, but it was worth at least a view.