PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Video Q&A with Herm from 5/22...

Coogs
05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Is up over at kcchiefs.com.

No hard copy yet. You can hear most all of the questions asked, so it is not to bad of a listen. Lasts about 5 or 6 minutes probably.

xbarretx
05-22-2008, 02:38 PM
all i can find is the one on the 19th. :hmmm:

xbarretx
05-22-2008, 02:48 PM
nvm they posted it

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05/22/qa_with_herm_edwards__52208/

FAX
05-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I refuse to go to their site. How about posting the text, Mr. xbarretx?

FAX

Woodrow Call
05-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Highlights
Q: You’re wrapping up your first week of OTA’s. How was it?

HERM EDWARDS: “It’s been a pretty good week for the most part - a good turnout. It’s just a matter now of guys finding their way. We haven’t practiced football since the season was over with and there are a lot of young players out here which creates a lot of energy. I thought our coaches had good energy coaching these guys. They’re excited and they should be.”

Q: Tony Gonzalez said yesterday that he had to follow the rookies just like everybody else because it’s a new offense. He’s got to learn it just like everybody else.

EDWARDS: “That’s why we started the OTA’s when the rookies were going to be here. Generally you start OTA’s a little earlier. We wanted everybody to be on campus and now everybody is starting off on the same page.”

Q: Larry Johnson didn’t work today.

EDWARDS: “I took him out. He’s worked hard three days, did everything in practice and we didn’t want to put him on the [synthetic] turf. He’s been running, finishing his runs. He’s fine.”

Q: But has Brodie Croyle been working a little bit more since he’s around town?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, he’s been working with the receivers that have been here. You can see it by the way he’s throwing the ball. He’s throwing with a lot of confidence. He and Dwayne [Bowe] are clicking a little bit along with Tony [Gonzalez].”

Q: Has he been working with [offensive coordinator] Chan [Gailey] before any of this on-field stuff started?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, the last month before these guys got here. They’ve been meeting.”

Q: Does Larry show any affects from his injury?

EDWARDS: “No, looks good. He looks excited about the offense, excited about what he’s going to bring to the offense. He’s practiced well these last three days and we just wanted to give him a rest.”

Q: Dwayne Bowe seems more confident and he seems to have the attitude to step it up.

EDWARDS: “He’s a much different player. I was telling Chan that today. When you watch him these first three days compared to last year at this time. He’s a whole different guy. He’s gained a lot of confidence. He and Brodie – they all walk a little different right now. That’s what you want. You want guys coming back saying, ‘hey, I can handle this.’ He’s way ahead of where he was last year.”

Q: I know it’s early but are you getting a sense of who your offensive line is going to be?

EDWARDS: “We’ve got a pretty good sense of how we want it to look. Now, we just have to start practicing and then when we get to training camp – I think it’s 76 days before our first pre-season game – then we’ll find out a lot.”

Q: But you want to have it set…

EDWARDS: “Oh yeah, when we get to training camp we’ll be set. Our offensive line will be set.”

Q: How has Branden Albert looked?

EDWARDS: “He’s fine. He’s playing left tackle right now. He could play right tackle. We’re just sort of experimenting with both those guys. We’ll see how that works.”

Q: We had a chance to talk to Damion McIntosh the other day and he understood that Albert was going to move over there. He didn’t think he did anything wrong at left tackle.

EDWARDS: “No, he didn’t do anything wrong. Anytime you’re experimenting you’d better do it now. Do it when it’s early so you can make decisions before you go to camp. That’s what we’re going to do. We’re putting him in a hard position right now and that’s always good. You put guys in the toughest positions and see how they handle it. You can always move them.”

Q: When will you really know about Albert?

EDWARDS: “They’ve got to play. They’ve got to play together along the whole offensive line and they have to be healthy. If they can stay healthy and practice together they’ll grow together as a unit.”

Q: What do you think of Branden and Glenn Dorsey coming into OTA’s?

EDWARDS: “They were in pretty good shape. I think they don’t anticipate what we’re going to do but when you’re picked that high you know that when you come in everything you do is going to be looked at. They’re two character kids; they understand that; they’re ok with that.

“They’re good football players but they’re good people too. You can tell their work ethic has never changed. They went to universities where they’ve learned how to work. Work is no big deal for these guys.”

Q: What other draft picks have done well so far?

EDWARDS: ”[Brandon] Carr’s done pretty well. He made some plays yesterday. [Brandon] Flowers has done good. [Will] Franklin has made some plays the last couple of days. I think all of them have shown something. [Jamall] Charles has shown that he’s a lot faster than he was on tape– and he’s fast on tape.”

ChiefGator
05-22-2008, 03:08 PM
There may be more text later though. That was only about 2/3rds of it.

Coogs
05-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Q: What other draft picks have done well so far?

EDWARDS: ”[Brandon] Carr’s done pretty well. He made some plays yesterday. [Brandon] Flowers has done good. [Will] Franklin has made some plays the last couple of days. I think all of them have shown something. [Jamall] Charles has shown that he’s a lot faster than he was on tape– and he’s fast on tape.”

I liked this part. Good to hear that Carr and Franklin are showing up.

mikey23545
05-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I refuse to go to their site.

FAX

:spock:

Why don't you just go and hang out on the Patriots site or something?...

Chiefs Pantalones
05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
PRINT EM'!!!!!!!!!!1111111

FAX
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
:spock:

Why don't you just go and hang out on the Patriots site or something?...

Not a bad idea, Mr. mikey23545. I could get some videotaping lessons. Then I could record you enjoying your hobby of having sex with frozen frogs in your backyard and sell the tapes to the History Channel for their upcoming series, "Ice Toad F*ckers".

FAX

ChiefRon
05-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I refuse to go to their site. How about posting the text, Mr. xbarretx?

FAX

Because of Gretz, or Carl (out of curiousity)?

ChiefRon
05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
This sounds promising. Geez, how I hope we surprise the hell out of people this year with all of our youth, kinda like Green Bay turned their org around in just a couple drafts...

FAX
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Because of Gretz, or Carl (out of curiousity)?

I'm on strike, Mr. ChiefRon. I made a promise to myself to never to go their web site until we win another game. It's like a protest sort of thing. I even have a sign made out of a flattened-out tissue box and magic marker that reads, "Herm Lied. Mr. First Down Elvis Cried."

One man can make a difference, you know.

FAX

ChiefRon
05-22-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm on strike, Mr. ChiefRon. I made a promise to myself to never to go their web site until we win another game. It's like a protest sort of thing. I even have a sign made out of a flattened-out tissue box and magic marker that reads, "Herm Lied. Mr. First Down Elvis Cried."

FAX

LOL.

I'll make a mental note to post the text with anything that comes from the site until Week 2.

Easy 6
05-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I cant wait 'til Brodie & Bowe "click" all over the AFCW's & doubters faces.

FAX
05-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I cant wait 'til Brodie & Bowe "click" all over the AFCW's & doubters faces.

Amen. I hope Bowe can handle double teams, because he may be seeing a lot of that, this year.

We have to find a threat for the other side.

FAX

SNR
05-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Amen. I hope Bowe can handle double teams, because he may be seeing a lot of that, this year.

We have to find a threat for the other side.

FAXPersonally, I'm hoping it will be a guy from last year who stepped it up and (in the mold of Eddie Kennison) broke something off in dey ass. Will Franklin looks promising, but as a rookie? And if it were Sippio, we could have two ass-kicking cousins razing villages and putting their women and children into slavery. Metaphorically, that is.

Then again, Marques Colston ain't dogshit on the sidewalk.

Alphaman
05-22-2008, 04:12 PM

FAX

Isn't it hypocritical to have someone go over to the site for you and get the information for you to read? Kind of like boycotting a store because of their unjust practices but sending your brother there to buy you some stuff.

I'm just saying, if you are going to boycott, BOYCOTT.

seclark
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Not a bad idea, Mr. mikey23545. I could get some videotaping lessons. Then I could record you enjoying your hobby of having sex with frozen frogs in your backyard and sell the tapes to the History Channel for their upcoming series, "Ice Toad F*ckers".

FAX

LMAOLMAOLMAO
sec

penguinz
05-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Isn't it hypocritical to have someone go over to the site for you and get the information for you to read? Kind of like boycotting a store because of their unjust practices but sending your brother there to buy you some stuff.

I'm just saying, if you are going to boycott, BOYCOTT.As long as the brother pays for it then it is Ok. ;)

Alphaman
05-23-2008, 08:54 AM
As long as the brother pays for it then it is Ok. ;)

LMAO

Still waiting for FAX to respond.

FAX
05-23-2008, 12:21 PM
LMAO

Still waiting for FAX to respond.

Sorry, Mr. Alphaman. I didn't see this.

In your eyes, it may appear as hypocrisy on the surface, but for idealists like myself, we're far too busy with things like protecting the critically endangered first down, saving the threatened forward pass, the conservation of timeouts, and the preservation of the severely threatened touchdown play to worry about stuff like that.

Plus, there's mottos, slogans, and sayings and stuff to work on like, "Give A Hoot. Start A Recruit!"

FAX