PDA

View Full Version : Life Having Knee Surgery....

Joie
05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Next Wednesday I'm going in for surgery to repair the meniscus in my left knee. I hurt the knee fourteen years ago, and have had pain off and on since. For about the last month, the pain has been constant and getting worse. So I finally went to the doctor and he wants to go in with a scope to repair the meniscus and make sure nothing else is wrong. I should be home later that day. Wish me luck...the last time I had surgery was 20 years ago when I had my tonsils removed.

On a related note, does anyone know where I can rent crutches in the Kansas City area?

FAX
05-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Best of luck, Ms. Joie. I'm sure all will go well.

FAX

Skip Towne
05-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Are you aware that surgery implies you have too much stuff in your knee? Yep, that Florida chiropractor told me so. You also don't need any medicine.

bogey
05-22-2008, 08:11 PM
:shrug:I thought the hospital would provide crutches.

Good luck!

Joie
05-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Are you aware that surgery implies you have too much stuff in your knee? Yep, that Florida chiropractor told me so. You also don't need any medicine.

Seems the problem is that the stuff that's in my knee is broke. Doctor isn't letting me have medicine...which sucks because my knee hurts like HELL!!:banghead:

Skip Towne
05-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Seems the problem is that the stuff that's in my knee is broke. Doctor isn't letting me have medicine...which sucks because my knee hurts like HELL!!:banghead:

He'll let you have some afterward. Get Lortabs. They are FAX approved.

Joie
05-22-2008, 08:23 PM
:shrug:I thought the hospital would provide crutches.

Good luck!

But how much will they cost?

ClevelandBronco
05-22-2008, 08:46 PM
From the hospital? Eleventy 'leven dollars.

Go to your local Walmart for the crutches.

Rain Man
05-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Do NOT let them give you the shots in your eye socket.

Joie
05-22-2008, 08:51 PM

Don't give WalMart my business. According to Target.com I can get them for $25 there. If I want to order online it jumps to $43

ClevelandBronco
05-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Everyone engages in some silly act or another on occasion.

Rain Man
05-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Don't give WalMart my business. According to Target.com I can get them for $25 there. If I want to order online it jumps to $43

Virtual crutches? I'm not sure you should do that.

Joie
05-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Do NOT let them give you the shots in your eye socket.

If they try to do that for my knee I will hop out of there so fast....

Joie
05-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Virtual crutches? I'm not sure you should do that.

You don't think they're safe?

Rain Man
05-22-2008, 09:06 PM
You don't think they're safe?

Not unless they give you those goggles with them.

Hey, are you going to go with the regular wooden crutches or those metal muscular dystrophy crutches? I think each sends a very different fashion message.

Buehler445
05-22-2008, 09:10 PM

long items are a bitch ass to ship.

Best of luck. Let me know how it goes. I'm sure I'll need it before too long.

Joie
05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Not unless they give you those goggles with them.

Hey, are you going to go with the regular wooden crutches or those metal muscular dystrophy crutches? I think each sends a very different fashion message.

I think I'll go with the regular ones. Just as long as I'm healed in time to not have to worry about matching them with my wedding dress...I don't care about fashion.

Joie
05-22-2008, 09:16 PM
long items are a bitch ass to ship.

Best of luck. Let me know how it goes. I'm sure I'll need it before too long.

Don't wait too long. My knee hurts so bad I'm actually looking forward to the surgery.

Rain Man
05-22-2008, 09:17 PM
The message: I'm active and athletic, and this is a temporary deal. Don't worry about me, and I can hop on one foot if you want to dance.

http://www.metalite.com.au/pamphlets/crutches/crutches.jpg

The message: Yeah, it's serious. But it's no big deal. I'm out and about and nothing can stop me. You wanna go to a club?

http://www.metalite.com.au/pamphlets/crutches/crutches2.jpg

ChiefsFanatic
05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Next Wednesday I'm going in for surgery to repair the meniscus in my left knee. I hurt the knee fourteen years ago, and have had pain off and on since. For about the last month, the pain has been constant and getting worse. So I finally went to the doctor and he wants to go in with a scope to repair the meniscus and make sure nothing else is wrong. I should be home later that day. Wish me luck...the last time I had surgery was 20 years ago when I had my tonsils removed.

On a related note, does anyone know where I can rent crutches in the Kansas City area?

I have had two knee surgeries. One was to repair my meniscus. Well, they actually removed it completely, it was too shredded. I did not enjoy rehab either time, but the second time really sucked. Good luck!

Joie
05-22-2008, 09:54 PM
I have had two knee surgeries. One was to repair my meniscus. Well, they actually removed it completely, it was too shredded. I did not enjoy rehab either time, but the second time really sucked. Good luck!

Did they do your meniscus surgery with a scope? How long was it before you were off crutches and feeling good?

I'm a little scared because I originally injured it fourteen years ago. That can't be good.

Thanks to everyone for sending me luck!

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Good luck - I am seeing an ortho surgeon on Tuesday. I was told almost 10 years ago that the cartlidge in my knees was wearing out but there wasn't anything they could do back then that was covered by insurance - couldn't afford any of the experimental stuff back then. I figure they must have some new techniques now that I can take advantage of. Sucks being in pain ever step every day.

Joie
05-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Good luck - I am seeing an ortho surgeon on Tuesday. I was told almost 10 years ago that the cartlidge in my knees was wearing out but there wasn't anything they could do back then that was covered by insurance - couldn't afford any of the experimental stuff back then. I figure they must have some new techniques now that I can take advantage of. Sucks being in pain ever step every day.

Good luck to you too.

When I hurt my knee originally I was told I'd have to have surgery eventually. That's hard to hear at 15. I can't decide if I wish they had taken care of it back then or if I'm glad because technology has to be better now.

I'm with you on the pain...I can't wait to be able to walk, run, kneel, climb stairs....all pain free.

tmax63
05-22-2008, 10:50 PM
My brother got his knee scoped a few years ago. He'd seen too many O-linemen get scoped on Monday and play on Sunday. Thought he'd be fine in a month or so. He said his knee didn't feel "good" for a year. He was getting around a working and so on fairly quickly (the month or so) but the total recovery time was longer than anticipated. Now it's his good knee and the other one is giving him fits on ocasion.

Joie
05-22-2008, 11:06 PM
My brother got his knee scoped a few years ago. He'd seen too many O-linemen get scoped on Monday and play on Sunday. Thought he'd be fine in a month or so. He said his knee didn't feel "good" for a year. He was getting around a working and so on fairly quickly (the month or so) but the total recovery time was longer than anticipated. Now it's his good knee and the other one is giving him fits on ocasion.

This concerns me too. After years of having to compensate for the left knee, it my right knee going to go to shit now?

I've been looking online and don't expect to be 100% for awhile. From what I understand, it all depends on what the doctor does while he's in there.

What kind of work does your brother do? I have a desk job so I'm hoping to get back to work very quickly.

Mecca
05-22-2008, 11:08 PM
If you're having a scope you should be able to walk or limp around pretty early on, it's a pretty non invasive surgery.

Do your physical therapy and don't baby yourself to much or it will bother you forever.

ChiefsFanatic
05-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Did they do your meniscus surgery with a scope? How long was it before you were off crutches and feeling good?

I'm a little scared because I originally injured it fourteen years ago. That can't be good.

Thanks to everyone for sending me luck!

It was a scope, and they used the previous entry points of my last surgery, which was 16-17 years before. They wanted to just mend it, but it was tore in about 6 places and there was just no way to fix it.

The rehab was twice as painful the second time. You know those big exercise balls? Well, I had to put my back to one on the wall, and roll it down the wall until my knees were at 90 degree angles. IT SUCKED! And I had to have rubber bands around my feet, and stretch the band while crouch walking sideways. When I was done with rehab, I took that damn band from the therapist, and cut it into pieces, I hated that damn thing so much.

acesn8s
05-23-2008, 04:33 AM

Uh, no...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159606

acesn8s
05-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Good thing is that experimental stuff 10 years ago is mainstream now.;)

Cntrygal
05-23-2008, 08:25 AM
If anyone is passing thru SD, I have a set that you can have. They're the new fangled adjustable (height) kind too!

penguinz
05-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I had a lateral release on my right knee which is has a longer recovery time than a meniscus scope and I was walking on it in two days. But then again I have a high tolerance for pain.

My Rehab also only took me two weeks with two visits each week before I had full muscular strength in it.

It still gives me fits 5 years later. :(

Crutches should be covered by your Insurance.

Make sure you get them to also pay for a polarcare machine. I still use mine today.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7629/polarcare500inzvk3tc9.gif

tmax63
05-23-2008, 09:15 AM
My brother is a large animal Vet. I think his other knee problem's come from hurdling gates to escape pissed off patients and the like. And being 50+ doesn't help either. I don't think it had anything to do with his other knee.

Extra Point
05-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Hope your surgery goes well, Joie. Heal up quick.

El Jefe
05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Hopefully all goes well for you. I had my knee scoped last year to repair my meniscus. I have been back about 4 times since, my knee supposively has never lined back up in the groove like it is suppose to. So I had surgery to help my knee and it actually is a little worse than it was. I even talked to Big_Daddy and he gave me some help getting some supplements to help aid my recovery and so far it hasn't helped too much, but I will give it time. Thanks BD for all your help :thumb:

Joie
05-23-2008, 11:45 AM
If anyone is passing thru SD, I have a set that you can have. They're the new fangled adjustable (height) kind too!

Thank you....My parents are coming to KC from Iowa. I don't think they'll buy it if I tell them to go via South Dakota;)

Just talked to the hospital...she tells me insurance will pay for the ones they give me day of surgery, so we'll let my insurance company take care of it.

UteChief
05-23-2008, 09:08 PM
A few years ago I had my knee scoped. I had a meniscus tear, my ACL had a tear, a lateral release, some arthritis removed and my knee cap didn't line up. I think I used my crutches for 4-5 days except for going up and down stairs I used them for a while so I would walk around holding the crutches but not really using them. I stayed out of work for 5 or 6 weeks. Mainly because my supervisor told me not to come back unless I was 100% ready to go back. I waited until I felt pretty normal.

My knee continued to ache for about 1 year but no where near it did before I had the surgery. Now it aches once in a while and it can hurt when the barometer changes to much.

Joie
05-23-2008, 09:19 PM
A few years ago I had my knee scoped. I had a meniscus tear, my ACL had a tear, a lateral release, some arthritis removed and my knee cap didn't line up. I think I used my crutches for 4-5 days except for going up and down stairs I used them for a while so I would walk around holding the crutches but not really using them. I stayed out of work for 5 or 6 weeks. Mainly because my supervisor told me not to come back unless I was 100% ready to go back. I waited until I felt pretty normal.

My knee continued to ache for about 1 year but no where near it did before I had the surgery. Now it aches once in a while and it can hurt when the barometer changes to much.

Eh, my knee has been predicting weather for years now. I'm used to that. The constant pain must go.

My supervisor sent me home the other day b/c it hurt so bad I couldn't concentrate. No idea how long I'll be off. Hoping doctor is willing to sign the short term disability papers so I don't have to waste vacation days.

Really hoping I just have the meniscus tear. You had a ton of work done to yours...my goodness, I'm surprised you healed so fast. The doctor promised if it was too major we would wait until after my wedding. I refuse to be on crutches walking down the aisle.

Bwana
05-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Best of luck!

Cntrygal
05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Thank you....My parents are coming to KC from Iowa. I don't think they'll buy it if I tell them to go via South Dakota;)

Just talked to the hospital...she tells me insurance will pay for the ones they give me day of surgery, so we'll let my insurance company take care of it.

Eh - just tell 'em that SD isn't all that far from Iowa.... and they could check out the sights while they're here. :evil:

Joie
05-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Eh - just tell 'em that SD isn't all that far from Iowa.... and they could check out the sights while they're here. :evil:

They've been to SD once. My sisters (geniuses that they were) took my infant nephew up there in a car that was a piece of crap. They call in the middle of the night during a snowstorm and ask our parents to come get them (we lived in SW Iowa). So Mom and Dad dropped my brother and me at my aunt's house...Little Bro was 8 and I was 10...and take off in the snowstorm to get my sisters and baby nephew.

Neither of them seem to want to see SD again, sadly. I think Dad would like it.

ETA: Maybe I will ask them to drop by a friends house for crutches.....I can lead them on a bit before I tell them my friend lives in SD. This could be fun. :)

btlook1
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I had a lateral release on my right knee which is has a longer recovery time than a meniscus scope and I was walking on it in two days. But then again I have a high tolerance for pain.

My Rehab also only took me two weeks with two visits each week before I had full muscular strength in it.

Make sure you get them to also pay for a polarcare machine. I still use mine today.

Peng...I had a lateral release almost 3 yrs ago and I'm still not back to normal..probably won't ever be. Dr. told me I could go back to work after the weekend..yeah right like 2 weeks later and I swear the swellling didn't go down for over a year...still swells up every now and then. I wonder if I wouldn't have been better off just skipping the surgery!

acesn8s
05-24-2008, 01:38 AM

Looks like a lunch box with a tail.

acesn8s
05-24-2008, 01:42 AM
Hopefully all goes well for you. I had my knee scoped last year to repair my meniscus. I have been back about 4 times since, my knee supposively has never lined back up in the groove like it is suppose to. So I had surgery to help my knee and it actually is a little worse than it was. I even talked to Big_Daddy and he gave me some help getting some supplements to help aid my recovery and so far it hasn't helped too much, but I will give it time. Thanks BD for all your help :thumb:
What kind of supplements? Herbs? Vitamins? Pot? Just wondering if I already have some in the med cabinet. Or glove box, whichever.

acesn8s
05-24-2008, 01:47 AM
They've been to SD once. My sisters (geniuses that they were) took my infant nephew up there in a car that was a piece of crap. They call in the middle of the night during a snowstorm and ask our parents to come get them (we lived in SW Iowa). So Mom and Dad dropped my brother and me at my aunt's house...Little Bro was 8 and I was 10...and take off in the snowstorm to get my sisters and baby nephew.

Neither of them seem to want to see SD again, sadly. I think Dad would like it.

ETA: Maybe I will ask them to drop by a friends house for crutches.....I can lead them on a bit before I tell them my friend lives in SD. This could be fun. :)
send them to Gawd Damned Nebraska and have them follow a highway north. they won't realize they are in SD until it is too late.:thumb:

penguinz
05-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Looks like a lunch box with a tail.It basically is. You file the cooler with ice water and a pump circulates it thru the tube and wrap. works much better than an ice pack.

penguinz
05-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Peng...I had a lateral release almost 3 yrs ago and I'm still not back to normal..probably won't ever be. Dr. told me I could go back to work after the weekend..yeah right like 2 weeks later and I swear the swelling didn't go down for over a year...still swells up every now and then. I wonder if I wouldn't have been better off just skipping the surgery!I still had some swelling for at least 6 months. It sometimes still fills up with fluid after strenuous exercise. I also have to down lots of ibu when I am active.

Calcountry
05-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I tore my meniscus, when I was in KC, running to get out of the October Rain storm we had last year. I hobbled on that sob until I got back to California. It was real fun driving 2000 miles with my pedal knee tweaked. Had to stop just to stretch it out now and then.

The doc scoped it, then never called me back in to tell me what the treatment options were. In the mean time it quit hurting, but to be safe, I googled up some info on meniscus injuries and it said, the severity and location of the tear will determine what, if any treatment options should be considered.

Their are blood vessels that run on one side of the meniscus, and if a minor tear occurs there, it is possible for it to heal, however, on the other side, the treatment is to scope it and shave it smooth or remove it all together. In this case, the onset of arthritis in your knee is most likely to occur at a much younger age.

Good luck with it dude. Listening to you makes me nervous, but on the other hand, I probably chose the best option. I have 98% of my walking ability with no pain, so for now, that is the best thing for me. Bottom line, I need to lose weight, and getting old sucks.

Let us know how it goes.

Skip Towne
05-24-2008, 01:31 PM
I tore my meniscus, when I was in KC, running to get out of the October Rain storm we had last year. I hobbled on that sob until I got back to California. It was real fun driving 2000 miles with my pedal knee tweaked. Had to stop just to stretch it out now and then.

The doc scoped it, then never called me back in to tell me what the treatment options were. In the mean time it quit hurting, but to be safe, I googled up some info on meniscus injuries and it said, the severity and location of the tear will determine what, if any treatment options should be considered.

Their are blood vessels that run on one side of the meniscus, and if a minor tear occurs there, it is possible for it to heal, however, on the other side, the treatment is to scope it and shave it smooth or remove it all together. In this case, the onset of arthritis in your knee is most likely to occur at a much younger age.

Good luck with it dude. Listening to you makes me nervous, but on the other hand, I probably chose the best option. I have 98% of my walking ability with no pain, so for now, that is the best thing for me. Bottom line, I need to lose weight, and getting old sucks.

Let us know how it goes.

Pedal knee? Don't you have cruise control, Jethro?

Floridafan
05-24-2008, 01:53 PM

Huge difference between a knee and your spine asshole.

Calcountry
05-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Huge difference between a knee and your spine asshole.
Jethro doesn't have a spine.

patteeu
05-24-2008, 02:17 PM
I hope it goes OK. If you're an offensive lineman, you'll be back in the lineup in no time.

Joie
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I hope it goes OK. If you're an offensive lineman, you'll be back in the lineup in no time.

At just over 5 feet tall and female, I'm pretty sure I'd get killed if I tried to play on the O-line.

Fire Me Boy!
05-24-2008, 02:35 PM
For crutches, check the American Legion. When my wife had the same surgery, they rented her a pair for $7 per week, and she didn't need them after three days.

Joie
05-24-2008, 02:40 PM

Let us know how it goes.
My knee hurts so bad now that I can barely walk. I went to the grocery store yesterday and even that felt like I was overdoing it. It's hurt off and on for half my life. Right now I'm willing to accept the probability of arthritis at a young age (I'm only 29 right now) if it means I can have a few pain free years.

Calcountry
05-24-2008, 02:58 PM
My knee hurts so bad now that I can barely walk. I went to the grocery store yesterday and even that felt like I was overdoing it. It's hurt off and on for half my life. Right now I'm willing to accept the probability of arthritis at a young age (I'm only 29 right now) if it means I can have a few pain free years.Swimming and bycycling will be the best excercises for you from now on.

Take care dude. Pain free is how you have to be.

patteeu
05-24-2008, 04:26 PM
At just over 5 feet tall and female, I'm pretty sure I'd get killed if I tried to play on the O-line.

While I knew you were a girl and suspected that you didn't have the body of an offensive lineman, isn't it remarkable how quickly those guys get back on the field? It always amazes me.

Joie
05-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Swimming and bycycling will be the best excercises for you from now on.

Take care dude. Pain free is how you have to be.

Thank you.

I love to swim and Aces plans to buy new bikes for all of us (the girls got theirs today). I like to walk too, and that's pretty low impact.

Joie
05-24-2008, 04:32 PM
While I knew you were a girl and suspected that you didn't have the body of an offensive lineman, isn't it remarkable how quickly those guys get back on the field? It always amazes me.

Agreed. I hope my recovery time is like that. Surgery Wednesday, ready to play tackle football Tuesday!!

Or walk without crutches and take the stairs at work anyway. I felt so defeated when my knee started hurting bad enough to take the elevator. :(

Joie
05-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Surgery is tomorrow morning. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

tmax63
05-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Good luck and God bless. Make sure we get updates so we know how soon you're kickin' butt again.

Joie
05-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Good luck and God bless. Make sure we get updates so we know how soon you're kickin' butt again.

Thank you, and thanks to everyone who has wished me luck.

I will have Aces post an update after we get home from the hospital. I'm thinking I'll be sleeping :)

Rain Man
05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
The cool thing is the scar you'll have, because chicks dig scars.

I guess that probably means less to you than it does to most of the rest of us, though.

penguinz
05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
The cool thing is the scar you'll have, because chicks dig scars.

I guess that probably means less to you than it does to most of the rest of us, though.It is a scope. No cool scars. :(

acesn8s
05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Joie is back home and doing well folks. She walked out without crutches(more like they wheeled her to car and thru her in). She came home and slept for a couple of hours as is back to her smart ass ways. As soon as I can get her knee propped up while at the computer she will be back on the Planet.

Cntrygal
05-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Did you take pics of her all doped up? :D

acesn8s
05-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Did you take pics of her all doped up? :D
She looked like this.

:bong:

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-28-2008, 09:14 PM
congrats - glad everything went well

Skip Towne
05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
She looked like this.

:bong:

I hope she wasn't driving.

FAX
05-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Joie is back home and doing well folks. She walked out without crutches(more like they wheeled her to car and thru her in). She came home and slept for a couple of hours as is back to her smart ass ways. As soon as I can get her knee propped up while at the computer she will be back on the Planet.

Great news, nemesis.

I suppose rehab is next. But, tell her not to take it too far, too fast. Maybe a Wii Fit, is in order?

FAX

Joie
05-29-2008, 04:58 AM
I hope she wasn't driving.

I don't think I could have. Alas, they're making me an addict. Here I sit at 5am eating applesauce waiting for the next Percoset to kick in so I can go back to bed.

Joie
05-29-2008, 05:00 AM
Great news, nemesis.

I suppose rehab is next. But, tell her not to take it too far, too fast. Maybe a Wii Fit, is in order?

FAX

How'd you know he was thinking of getting me one to help with rehab?:hmmm:

:p

Cntrygal
05-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Vicidon (sp?) was my miracle drug. :D

Joie
05-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Vicidon (sp?) was my miracle drug. :D

I'm on Percocet. Trying to take just one every 4 hours, because 2 knocks me out. My knee hurts like hell though (doc said today would be the worst day). In about 2 hours I'm going to go ahead and take two Percocet. Nothing wrong with going to bed at 8pm, right?:shake:

BucEyedPea
05-29-2008, 05:51 PM
I had meniscus surgery summer 2006. You'll be fine.

Mine had a tear that was cut out and I still have some on an off pain since ( mild). They say you'll be the same but you won't...but you will be fine.

Joie
05-29-2008, 07:43 PM
I had meniscus surgery summer 2006. You'll be fine.

Mine had a tear that was cut out and I still have some on an off pain since ( mild). They say you'll be the same but you won't...but you will be fine.

It's been hurting on and off for so long that I won't have a problem with occasional pain (my knee has hurt since 1994). It has hurt constantly for the last month and a half. That I cannot handle.

I was so doped up last night after the surgery and a nice long nap that when I finally woke up, I was completely pain free (almost fell over a few times, though). It was BLISS. Today I'm feeling it though. In fact, I just took two painkillers. Hopefully I'll be asleep soon.

penguinz
05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm on Percocet. Trying to take just one every 4 hours, because 2 knocks me out. My knee hurts like hell though (doc said today would be the worst day). In about 2 hours I'm going to go ahead and take two Percocet. Nothing wrong with going to bed at 8pm, right?:shake:2 percocet barely takes the edge off of my knee and back pain. :(

Joie
05-31-2008, 04:33 PM
I finally got to take my bandage off. Good God, there was a lot of bleeding for such a small incision.

Today's the first day since the surgery I feel almost ok. My knee still hurts, but it isn't unbearable. Percocet helps, I'm sure.

StcChief
05-31-2008, 04:38 PM
I finally got to take my bandage off. Good God, there was a lot of bleeding for such a small incision.

Today's the first day since the surgery I feel almost ok. My knee still hurts, but it isn't unbearable. Percocet helps, I'm sure.
good for you....

now 'Rub some dirt on it' /peyton (J/K)

Joie
05-31-2008, 04:41 PM
good for you....

now 'Rub some dirt on it' /peyton (J/K)

It'll have to be incredibily sanitary dirt. I'm supposed to avoid infection. :p

Skip Towne
06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
How is the knee doing today?

Joie
06-02-2008, 12:19 PM
How is the knee doing today?

Better, thank you. I'm off the painkillers except for at night, and was able to walk through the grocery store last night. I see my surgeon Wednesday, I'm thinking I should be back to work soon. It's storming today, and my knee has never liked rain so that should be fun.

R&GHomer
06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Glad to hear your feeling better.

Joie
06-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I have to go back to work in nine hours. And I cannot sleep! Arghhh!!!!!

crazycoffey
06-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Best of luck, little lady. We'll be thinking of you....