PDA

View Full Version : What is the Value of One Hour?

Ari Chi3fs
05-23-2008, 11:07 AM
So many of us here at CP spent hours on this thing... so this is something that may help some of us budget our time a bit more intelligently.

By John Assaraf (http://www.johnassaraf.com/)

When I was 21 years old a gentleman asked me what I thought the value of an hour was. At that point, I honestly did not know how to answer the question. He went on to teach me one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned.

He suggested that the value of an hour was priceless. When this confused me some, here is what he went on to tell me this:

If you invest one hour each day in understanding yourself and your environment better, you will accumulate nine 40-hour weeks over the course of a year! As you can imagine I was blown away when he put it to me that way. Nine 40-hour weeks? This seemed impossible until I did the math. 365 days multiplied by one hour each is…yep, nine 40-hour weeks!
He went on to ask me how well I would be able to do something if I did it all day, every day for just over two months. Well you already know the answer to that…I could be awesome.

He went on to tell me that over the course of just five years I would have invested the equivalent of 1825 hours of focus on whatever I desired to accomplish in my life.

Imagine for a minute how incredible you could become at anything you did for one hour each day for the next year.

How physically fit could you get? How much more love could you give and receive? How much more money could you earn?

Let me suggest that one hour is a small price to pay in comparison to the payoff.

Just one hour each day may just be the razor’s edge you need to really get the results you want in your life.

For me the decision was easy. I have been studying human potential and the mind for over 20 years. Each time I think I’m getting a good handle on it, I am gently reminded of how much there is to observe and learn.
Is getting what you want in life worth one hour a day? I certainly hope so.

Regardless of the success I have achieved in my life, I still manage to set aside my hour to read motivational stories or listen to inspirational people. They are the fuel for my mind and it keeps me learning and yearning for more.

Please adopt an hour a day for yourself!
Pick one area of your life that you want to improve and commit the next 90 days to that one thing.

I assure you that the results you achieve will be well worth the decision!
And remember…you can’t get out of this life more than you put into it.

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/081802/one-hour.gif

Saulbadguy
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
How much of this motivational swill do you actually use?

Count Alex's Losses
05-23-2008, 11:15 AM

Actually, I wouldn't call it swill. It has a ring of truth. I've never been in better physical shape.

Donger
05-23-2008, 11:16 AM
A weekday hour or a weekend hour?

Saulbadguy
05-23-2008, 11:18 AM
A weekday hour or a weekend hour?

It all depends on the orbital pattern.

Ari Chi3fs
05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, I dedicate at least one hour a day to advance my knowledge in areas that I want to get better in. Currently, Im studying Marketing like a crack fiend... plus, when Im online, I don't listen to music, I listen to audio education books.

So, I swig the swill.

codeman
05-23-2008, 11:22 AM
The value of one hour is variable in my line of work.

Starts at $35 and goes up to $165.

Most in my line get in the vicinity of $45 for positions and $90 for contracts.

Demonpenz
05-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I am so pissed i have been looking forward to ****ing memorial day for 4 or 5 months day after mother ****ing day in a cube. I had one of my friends shoot himself a couple days ago so now I have to drive back to st joe. So an hour of free time for me being healthy and alive is actually all I ever wanted. No Benz, No fake boobs, no video games, just some guitar picking and some meeeler lights

Donger
05-23-2008, 11:24 AM

"Stop being a human BEING, and become a human DOING."

Ari Chi3fs
05-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I am so pissed i have been looking forward to ****ing memorial day for 4 or 5 months day after mother ****ing day in a cube. I had one of my friends shoot himself a couple days ago so now I have to drive back to st joe. So an hour of free time for me being healthy and alive is actually all I ever wanted. No Benz, No fake boobs, no video games, just some guitar picking and some meeeler lights

Sorry about your friend, bro.

sedated
05-23-2008, 11:34 AM
if an hour is priceless, I can't believe I spent a fraction of one reading that bullshit

Saulbadguy
05-23-2008, 11:42 AM
"Stop being a human BEING, and become a human DOING."

"This a human LEAVING!"

Saulbadguy
05-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Well, I dedicate at least one hour a day to advance my knowledge in areas that I want to get better in. Currently, Im studying Marketing like a crack fiend... plus, when Im online, I don't listen to music, I listen to audio education books.

So, I swig the swill.

Has that paid off for you yet? Give me some numbers here.

Redrum_69
05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Stop beating around your moms bush...i'll answer the real question you are asking....YOur moms hourly rates are too high

Mrs. Chief
05-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Stop beating around your moms bush...i'll answer the real question you are asking....YOur moms hourly rates are too high

That was rude.

Pic
05-23-2008, 12:25 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/milliondollars.jpg

Redrum_69
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
That was rude.

No...being rude would have been if I had said...

Your mom is like a Whirlpool washer....every three days you open her up and drop your load in her, she prefers the gentle cycle but if you fill her to the maximum she'll still do the chore, and once her motor starts running its hard to turn her off when you enter her cavernous walls

Mrs. Chief
05-23-2008, 12:40 PM
So many of us here at CP spent hours on this thing... so this is something that may help some of us budget our time a bit more intelligently.

By John Assaraf (http://www.johnassaraf.com/)

When I was 21 years old a gentleman asked me what I thought the value of an hour was. At that point, I honestly did not know how to answer the question. He went on to teach me one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned.

He suggested that the value of an hour was priceless. When this confused me some, here is what he went on to tell me this:

If you invest one hour each day in understanding yourself and your environment better, you will accumulate nine 40-hour weeks over the course of a year! As you can imagine I was blown away when he put it to me that way. Nine 40-hour weeks? This seemed impossible until I did the math. 365 days multiplied by one hour each is…yep, nine 40-hour weeks!
He went on to ask me how well I would be able to do something if I did it all day, every day for just over two months. Well you already know the answer to that…I could be awesome.

He went on to tell me that over the course of just five years I would have invested the equivalent of 1825 hours of focus on whatever I desired to accomplish in my life.

Imagine for a minute how incredible you could become at anything you did for one hour each day for the next year.

How physically fit could you get? How much more love could you give and receive? How much more money could you earn?

Let me suggest that one hour is a small price to pay in comparison to the payoff.

Just one hour each day may just be the razor’s edge you need to really get the results you want in your life.

For me the decision was easy. I have been studying human potential and the mind for over 20 years. Each time I think I’m getting a good handle on it, I am gently reminded of how much there is to observe and learn.
Is getting what you want in life worth one hour a day? I certainly hope so.

Regardless of the success I have achieved in my life, I still manage to set aside my hour to read motivational stories or listen to inspirational people. They are the fuel for my mind and it keeps me learning and yearning for more.

Please adopt an hour a day for yourself!
Pick one area of your life that you want to improve and commit the next 90 days to that one thing.

I assure you that the results you achieve will be well worth the decision!
And remember…you can’t get out of this life more than you put into it.

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/081802/one-hour.gif

That's inspiring information. But I have to ask , why do you call yourself a douche ?

Coach
05-23-2008, 12:46 PM
That's inspiring information. But I have to ask , why do you call yourself a douche ?

Heh, I don't think he changed it or anything. I think certain powers to be probably messed with that, but that's just my hunch.

blueballs
05-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't have the time to cout the grains of sand
but sand isn't all that expensive

Pablo
05-23-2008, 02:59 PM
That was rude.You're going to encounter a ton of rude posts on CP. It's primarily a male population, and a bunch of jack-asses, smart-asses, dumb-asses, all sorts of asses if you catch my drift. The best thing you can do is put some posters on ignore..especially if you're easily offended. Just a friendly word of advice.

blueballs
05-23-2008, 03:00 PM
hippo butt breath

jidar
05-23-2008, 03:09 PM
this is significantly less awesome than motivation posters.

http://flyangler.ca/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2007/post-65-1178829852.jpg

Redrum_69
05-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't have the time to cout the grains of sand
but sand isn't all that expensive

neither is dirt

Joie
05-23-2008, 05:35 PM
You're going to encounter a ton of rude posts on CP. It's primarily a male population, and a bunch of jack-asses, smart-asses, dumb-asses, all sorts of asses if you catch my drift. The best thing you can do is put some posters on ignore..especially if you're easily offended. Just a friendly word of advice.

Good Advice.

As one of the few chicks on here, I'd say just be yourself. I'm a natural smart-ass so that's not a problem for me. After over a year, there is no poster that I have on ignore. If you are offended easily, are annoyed by smart-asses, and prefer that the whole world just get along, this may not be the place for you. I sure hope it is though....we're a few hundred chicks away from taking over the place!;)

ChiefaRoo
05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
No...being rude would have been if I had said...

Your mom is like a Whirlpool washer....every three days you open her up and drop your load in her, she prefers the gentle cycle but if you fill her to the maximum she'll still do the chore, and once her motor starts running its hard to turn her off when you enter her cavernous walls

classic