PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2010 Mock Draft!?!?

Direckshun
05-24-2008, 03:31 PM
And the draftniks officially become parodies of themselves:

http://www.newerascouting.com/top_stories/659-2010-mock-draft-2/

Saturday, May 24th, 2008
2010 Mock Draft
by Caleb Johnson

An early look at the class of 2010ís first round mock draft.

New Era Scoutingís Caleb Johnson brings to you his 2010 Mock Draft, featuring the top pro prospect juniors in college football. No early entries are taken into account for this mock and the 2008 NFL Draft order is used.

1. Miami Dolphins: QB Matt Stafford, Georgia
Analysis: The Phins spent a second rounder on a quarterback in both 2007 and 2008, but if they still sit in this spot for the 2010 draft a talent like Stafford would be very hard to pass up. Stafford completed 56 percent of his passes in 2007, threw for 19 touchdowns to only 10 interceptions, and improved greatly from his freshman to sophomore seasons.

2. St. Louis Rams: OT Andre Smith, Alabama
Analysis: The Rams need a lot of help on their offensive line, and Andre Smith is one of the best and most versatile linemen to come around in quite some time. He starts at left tackle for the Crimson Tide, but could easily move inside to guard, if needed. Heís a tremendous road grater and equally as impressive in pass protection.

3. Atlanta Falcons: WR Darrius Heyward-Bay, Maryland
Analysis: Itís no secret that the Falcons need to help their new signal caller Matt Ryan with some more targets to throw to, and Heyward-Bay has been very impressive for the Terrapins since he arrived on campus, racking up 1,480 yards and eight touchdowns thus far in his career. He would be a nice complement opposite of Roddy White in Atlantaís receiving corps.

4. Oakland Raiders: WR Percy Harvin, Florida
Analysis: Al Davis loves speed, and Harvin has plenty of it. He could stretch the field in the Raiders offense and be JaMarcus Russellís go-to guy on deep vertical routes. Heís also very versatile and has complemented his 1,285 career receiving yards with 1,192 career rushing yards.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: S Myron Rolle, Florida State
Analysis: The Chiefs have tremendous cornerback play, but could supplement them with a better safety. Rolle, a highly regarded high school recruit, has played up to his billing thus far in Tallahassee, totaling 144 tackles and seven pass deflections in his career. The scary part is he hasnít even begun to reach his potential yet.

6. New York Jets: RB Chris Wells, Ohio State
Analysis: The Jets were middle-of-the-road in rushing offense in 2007, and have a solid young back in Leon Washington. However, with the growing popularity of committee backfields and the disappointing season of Thomas Jones, they could use an every-down back, and Wells provides just that. Wells had two 200-yard performances in 2007 against Michigan State and Michigan, and carried the ball more than 30 times in both games.

7. San Francisco 49ers: DE/OLB George Selvie, South Florida
Analysis: For the 49ers to improve on their 22nd-ranked pass defense, they need a better pass rush from their 3-4 defense. Selvie was second in the country in sacks last year with 14.5 and projects as a rush outside linebacker at the next level given his 245-pound frame.

8. Baltimore Ravens: OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
Analysis: Whether it be Troy Smith, Joe Flacco or Kyle Boller under center, the Ravens need better protection for their quarterback. Okung, the athletic Big 12 tackle, helped lead the Cowboys to a No. 7 ranking in total offense last year, and is a beast in run blocking.

9. Cincinnati Bengals: S Taylor Mays, Southern Cal
Analysis: The Bengals sported the sixth-worst defense in the league last year and were 26th against the pass. Mays could be the new prototype at safety, looking more like a linebacker at 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds. He has 127 tackles, nine pass deflections and four interceptions in his two years at USC.

10. New Orleans Saints: TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
Analysis: The Saints might have had the first and third best pass offenses in the league the past two years, but just imagine how good they could be if they had an actual threat at the tight end position. At 6-foot-6 and 265 pounds, Gresham is a huge target and has great speed for his size. He had 518 yards and 11 touchdowns receiving in 2007, and with Joe Jon Finley moving on to the NFL, heís going to be even more productive next season for the Sooners.

11. Buffalo Bills: OT Sam Young, Notre Dame
Analysis: The Bills could use more all-around depth on their offensive line and also someone to keep their young quarterbacks protected. Young, while still raw, is your prototypical left tackle at 6-foot-8 and 330 pounds and has the potential to grow into one of the best big uglies in the country as the Fighting Irishís young offense improves over the next two seasons.

12. Denver Broncos: DT SeníDerrick Marks, Auburn
Analysis: Sam Adams is nearing retirement and Alvin McKinley isnít the best the Broncos can do, either. Marks was one of the biggest reasons Auburn sported the No. 6 defense in the nation last year. Marks totaled an impressive 44 tackles, 11 for loss, two sacks and an interception for the Tigers last year, a year after racking up 13 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks as a freshman.

13. Carolina Panthers: DE Greg Middleton, Indiana
Analysis: With Panthers mainstay Mike Rucker retiring this off-season, Carolina will be looking for someone to fill the role opposite of Julius Peppers and possibly by then become the teamís biggest threat in the pass rush. No one in the country got after the quarterback better than Middleton in 2007, as he led the nation in sacks with 16 in his first year as a starter.

14. Chicago Bears: QB Colt McCoy, Texas
Analysis: The Bears are going to need to wise up and take a franchise quarterback eventually. After thinking about Tim Tebow, they pass on him because of their past experiences with Florida quarterbacks and take McCoy. The Texas signal caller came out of the gates firing as a freshman in 2006 with 2,570 yards and 29 touchdowns passing to only seven interceptions. He had a bit of a sophomore slump in 2007 with 18 interceptions but still passed for 3,303 yards and 22 touchdowns. He also rushed for 594 yards and six scores the past two seasons.

15. Detroit Lions: CB Vontae Davis, Illinois
Analysis: The Lions had the leagueís second-worst pass defense in 2007 and lost Fernando Bryant to New England, leaving them extremely inexperienced at the position. Davis emerged as one of the best young cornerbacks in college football with 76 tackles, eight pass break-ups and four interceptions this past season after shining as a true freshman with 52 tackles, six pass deflections and a pick in 2006. He also has a little experience in the return game, taking a punt return to the house last year.

16. Arizona Cardinals: RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
Analysis: It has been evident by the Cardinalsí anemic running game the past two seasons that Edgerrin James doesnít have much left in the tank. Spiller is known as one of the fastest players in the country, is an all-around back and wonít have much wear-and-tear from college football thanks to a committee backfield in Clemson. Still, he has been very productive for the Tigers and has amassed 3,138 yards and 19 touchdowns rushing, receiving and returning kicks and punts in 2006 and 2007.

17. Minnesota Vikings: CB Trevard Lindley, Kentucky
Analysis: Minnesota sported the worst pass defense in the NFL last season and didnít really address their needs at cornerback in the 2008 Draft. Lindley was the biggest reason why Kentucky had a top 25 pass defense in 2007, a season in which he had 66 tackles, 11 pass deflections, three interceptions and a 66-yard touchdown on a fumble return. He added 12 pass deflections and two interceptions as a redshirt freshman in 2006.

18. Houston Texans: RB Anthony Allen, Louisville
Analysis: Ahman Green is injury-prone and nearing retirement, and if the Steve Slaton pick doesnít materialize, the Texans will be looking for their running back of the future. Allen has had a solid career thus far in a pass-oriented offense, racking up 1,102 rushing yards, 201 receiving yards and 23 total touchdowns in his first two seasons at Louisville.

19. Philadelphia Eagles: DE Greg Hardy, Mississippi
Analysis: The Eagles now have what could be the leagueís best defensive backfield, but they could aid them with a better pass rush from the defensive end position. In a draft that seems stocked to the brim with elite defensive ends, Hardy is one of the best. He finished the 2007 season sixth in the country in sacks per game with 10 total and added another 20 tackles for loss. As a true freshman in 2006, Hardy had 17 tackles for loss and three sacks for the Rebels. He also has three receptions offensively, all for touchdowns.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: QB Tim Tebow, Florida
Analysis: The Bucs have a lot of depth at the quarterback position to say the least, but no one has stepped up in recent years. Everyone knows what Tebow has done in college, and although some people question how well his game translates to the pro level, you canít deny his athleticism and production. With 3,644 yards and 37 touchdowns to only seven interceptions passing and another 1,364 yards and 31 touchdowns rushing in his career, along with a Heisman Trophy, Tebow is about as proven as you can be at the college level.

21. Washington Redskins: DE Maurice Evans, Penn State
Analysis: The Skins could use some youth on the edges of their defensive line. Evans finished eighth in the country in sacks per game last season with 12.5 in 13 games and added a very impressive 23 tackles for loss and a fumble in which he returned 55 yards.

22. Cleveland Browns: ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida
Analysis: The Browns are a team that showed a lot of promise for the future in 2007, but could use more consistency from the inside linebacker spot in their 3-4 defense. Spikes led the young Gator defense in tackles with 131 last year, including 81 solo stops, 19 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble and seven pass deflections.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers: S Bo McNally, Stanford
Analysis: Obviously the Steelers field one of the best defenses in the entire NFL each and every year, but they are thin at the safety position and Anthony Smith was exposed on a few occasions in 2007. McNally is a safety you can count on in run support, racking up 114 tackles, eight tackles for loss, one and a half sacks and a forced fumble last season. Heís also a playmaker when he gets his hands on the ball, breaking up six passes and returning his two interceptions for 46 yards.

24. Tennessee Titans: WR Jacoby Ford, Clemson
Analysis: In order for Vince Young to succeed for the Titans organization, he needs to be surrounded with talented pass catchers that fit into what he does best. Young has a great deep arm, and there arenít too many receivers in the country faster than Clemsonís Ford. While he doesnít catch a lot of passes, he makes the ones he does count, averaging 15.5 yards per catch and accounting for six scores on his 32 career catches. He also averages 12.5 yards per carry on 22 rushes and is a known force in the return game, returning both a punt and kickoff back for six points his freshman year.

25. Seattle Seahawks: CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt
Analysis: The Seahawks could use a little more talented depth at the cornerback position to improve their run-of-the-mill pass defense, as Kelly Jennings may not be the answer opposite Marcus Trufant. Moore is an all-around playmaker who accounted for 83 tackles, a sack and six interceptions in 2007. He returned one interception for a touchdown and also averaged 25.7 yards on 32 kick returns.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars: OLB Sean Witherspoon, Missouri
Analysis: The Jaguars under Jack Del Rio have always been known for their punishing defense, but they didnít exactly have stellar linebacker play last season. Witherspoon is one of the key players on Missouriís young team and a legit all-conference player. He totaled 127 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, three sacks, two forced fumbles and eight pass break-ups in 2007.

27. San Diego Chargers: OT Ciron Black, LSU
Analysis: Marcus McNeil is a fixture at one side of the offensive line, but the Chargers could do better at right tackle. Black was the starting left tackle for the national champion LSU Tigers and faced elite pass rushers such as Derrick Harvey, Quentin Groves and Vernon Gholston week-in and week-out.

28. Dallas Cowboys: WR Oderick Turner, Pittsburgh
Analysis: Itís no secret that the Cowboys need to stock up on young receivers with their current aging corps nearing the end of their careers. Turner has started off strong in his career at Pittsburgh, accounting for 1,156 yards and 13 touchdowns on 80 receptions in his first two seasons with the Panthers.

29. Indianapolis Colts: DT Alan-Michael Cash, NC State
Analysis: The Colts may be one of the best teams in the NFL, but they could still stand to solidify their often-porous run defense. In order to do that, they need better defensive tackle play. Cash is one of the best young defensive tackles in the country. In 2007, he had 48 tackles, 10 for loss and three and a half sacks.

30. Green Bay Packers: CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State
Analysis: The Packers have stellar cornerback play, but neither Al Harris or Charles Woodson are getting any younger. Despite having an anemic pass defense last season, Florida State features a fast-rising star in Robinson. The ball doesnít get thrown to his side of the field too often, and when it does he puts up stellar numbers like his six pass deflections and six interceptions in 2007.

31. New England Patriots: OLB Gerald McRath, Southern Mississippi
Analysis: Although the Patriots took three linebackers in the 2008 draft, theyíll need an influx of young players at the position as their veterans begin to retire over the next few years. McRath has tremendous instincts and a nose for the football that have helped him rack up 243 tackles as a freshman and sophomore.

32. New York Giants: OLB Mark Herzlich, Boston College
Analysis: The defending Super Bowl champions lost their two starting outside linebackers from 2007 and never really had stellar play from the position in the first place. Enter Herzlich, who finished his first year starting for the Eagles very impressively with 97 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, one and a half sacks, four pass break-ups, two forced fumbles and an interception.

Direckshun
05-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Actually now that I've reread it, it's actually a 2009 mock that they labeled as the 2010 mock for whatever reason.

Nonetheless, at least it's a mock.

Bowser
05-24-2008, 03:34 PM
THE CHIEFS BETTER GET CHASE DANIELS IN 2010, OR I'M TURNING IN MY FAN CARDD!!!one

KCChiefsMan
05-24-2008, 03:42 PM
THE CHIEFS BETTER GET CHASE DANIELS IN 2010, OR I'M TURNING IN MY FAN CARDD!!!one

Todd Reesing FTW

Bowser
05-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Todd Reesing FTW

For the win of backing up Chase Daniels. Not a bad idea.

KurtCobain
05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
damnit now i want to see a 2010 mock

KurtCobain
05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
KU VS MU

here we go

go chase!

FAX
05-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't understand. Any of it. At all.

FAX

beach tribe
05-24-2008, 03:48 PM
A top five pick on a safety next yr? I hope not.

Bowser
05-24-2008, 03:50 PM

But I do hope the prediction of "tremendous corner play" proves to be true.

KCChiefsMan
05-24-2008, 03:52 PM

he would have the potential to be a great CB

POND_OF_RED
05-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Colt McCoy in the first round is a joke. He isn't even a top 4 QB in his conference.

KCChiefsMan
05-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Colt McCoy in the first round is a joke. He isn't even a top 4 QB in his conference.

ya I had a chuckle at that too

milkman
05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
This might be the worst mock draft I've ever seen.

chiefs1111
05-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I am also not sure about chris wells going that high

chiefs1111
05-24-2008, 08:52 PM

Yeah that gave me a good laugh.......

Mizzou_8541
05-24-2008, 09:01 PM
For the win of backing up Chase Daniels. Not a bad idea.

Do you mean Chase Daniel?

KcMizzou
05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
For the win of backing up Chase Daniels. Not a bad idea.Oh no you didn't... :shake:

milkman
05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you mean Chase Daniel?

Picky bastard.

KcMizzou
05-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Do you mean Chase Daniel?Nice catch. I thought only beakers did that.

Damnit, Bowser! :banghead:LMAO

Pablo
05-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Chase Danielsonford...or whatever FTL major. And this is the worst mock I think I've ever laid eyes on. Colt McCoy won't even sniff the 5th round.

Smed1065
05-24-2008, 09:40 PM
I wish we had a draft thread.

:p

HolmeZz
05-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Actually now that I've reread it, it's actually a 2009 mock that they labeled as the 2010 mock for whatever reason.

Nonetheless, at least it's a mock.

Judging by some of the players they have going in the first, it should be a 2010 mock.

Coach
05-24-2008, 10:15 PM
And I guess I am a bit surprised that Oher isn't in the top 5. I think he is.

Smed1065
05-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Has to be 2010 due to Tebow and Stafford being in the draft and Oher not.

"No early entries are taken into account for this mock and the 2008 NFL Draft order is used.

DaneMcCloud
05-25-2008, 12:37 AM
I think Tampa Bay should take a QB with each pick they possess.

They need like 17 QB on that team to satisfy Gruden's obsession.

POND_OF_RED
05-25-2008, 12:59 AM
5. Kansas City Chiefs: S Myron Rolle, Florida State
Analysis: The Chiefs have tremendous cornerback play, but could supplement them with a better safety. Rolle, a highly regarded high school recruit, has played up to his billing thus far in Tallahassee, totaling 144 tackles and seven pass deflections in his career. The scary part is he hasnít even begun to reach his potential yet.

Maybe it's the :mizzou::homer: in me but if the Chiefs picked up a safety in the top five not named William Moore I'd be pissed. Willie Mo had 48 more tackles last year and he had 8 picks to better Rolle's 7 knockdowns. I don't actually want to draft a safety next year but I'm just saying it is ridiculous to have 3 safeties in the first round without Willie Mo being one of them.

blueballs
05-25-2008, 01:12 AM
the world is suppose to end in 2012
just 4 more seasons to the SB

milkman
05-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Has to be 2010 due to Tebow and Stafford being in the draft and Oher not.

"No early entries are taken into account for this mock and the 2008 NFL Draft order is used.

Oher will be a senior next season.