PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lost in all the excitement about the new Chiefs.....

Frankie
05-26-2008, 08:24 AM
.... is the pre-draft concern some of us had about Brandon Flowers' suspicious off field behavior. Whatever came out of his drug-related Facebook pix? Was any investigation done by the Chiefs about that? Does anyone have more info about this guy's history off the field? Should we be concerned?

Direckshun
05-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh, it wasn't lost on me.

I would imagine the Chiefs did the best they could to look into that. I guess their sources said it was a false alarm. Or that the risk was worth it.

I still contend, albeit with zero inside information, that it wasn't a risk worth taking because there were other players on the board at positions of need that were just as talented, if not more. Quentin Groves would have been nice.

L.A. Chieffan
05-26-2008, 10:45 AM
cut em

noa
05-26-2008, 11:06 AM
It was just a stupid picture on facebook. You have to remember that the kid was in college and probably just joking around with some teammates and friends. Granted, it was moronic to even put the picture online, but I'd just write it off as college hijinx. I don't think that picture means that Flowers is going to be the next Nate Newton.

Frankie
05-26-2008, 01:02 PM
It was just a stupid picture on facebook. You have to remember that the kid was in college and probably just joking around with some teammates and friends. Granted, it was moronic to even put the picture online, but I'd just write it off as college hijinx. I don't think that picture means that Flowers is going to be the next Nate Newton.

My son said he heard that Flowers' friends have vouched for him that he is not a druggy. But I still say we took a chance with him. I just don't think the Chiefs could afford another locker room like in the last couple of years of Marty.

Adept Havelock
05-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Brandon Flowers ≠ Todd Marinovich.

I'm not worried.

KCChiefsMan
05-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I did some drugs in college and look at how great I am...seriously.

Phobia
05-26-2008, 01:57 PM
I did some drugs in college and look at how great I am...seriously.

This explains the face licking but very little else.

B_Ambuehl
05-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I heard something about a pic but anyone care to share the details? What sort of pic are we talking about here?

Fruit Ninja
05-26-2008, 02:42 PM
If it was just weed. I dont give a shit about it as long as he does it in the offseason so he doesnt get busted during the regular season.

Rausch
05-26-2008, 02:45 PM
The fact that Flowers is our "risky pick" says a lot about how well we drafted this year.

Look how overblown Warren Sapp's whole situation was. I don't think he ever had any off the field issues...

Direckshun
05-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I heard something about a pic but anyone care to share the details? What sort of pic are we talking about here?
Oh, Flowers has a Facebook account.

For about a week or so, the default picture on his account was a huge line of cash with a couple small plastic sacks of an undetermined white substance. I believe there was a weapon in the picture, too? Not sure.

The caption for the picture went along the lines of "this is how we make our money in the hood" or something like that.

Most people here on the board, when the story initially broke, thought it was an incredibly stupid deal that made him damaged goods, and most put him on Goodell Watch. Soon as he was drafted, few around here really cared anymore, and I got hammered for suggesting it was a poor pick in the second with such strong options remaining on the board like Quentin Groves or James Hardy (ironically, since Hardy's actually been in legal trouble for battery).

Most now just feel like it was a dumb prank. I saw a tellingly stupid decision at the very least, and a drug dealing/drug abuse indication at the very most.

KCrockaholic
05-26-2008, 04:16 PM
If it was just weed. I dont give a shit about it as long as he does it in the offseason so he doesnt get busted during the regular season.

yeah but dude...if he gets caught no matter when it is, hes gonna get suspended.

Frankie
05-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Most people here on the board, when the story initially broke, thought it was an incredibly stupid deal that made him damaged goods, and most put him on Goodell Watch. Soon as he was drafted, few around here really cared anymore, ....

I, for one, did. But I waited for the draft frenzy to die down to post this thread, because I wanted objective reply posts and not just the "DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT OUR BELOVED 2ND ROUNDER" come backs.

milkman
05-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh, Flowers has a Facebook account.

For about a week or so, the default picture on his account was a huge line of cash with a couple small plastic sacks of an undetermined white substance. I believe there was a weapon in the picture, too? Not sure.

The caption for the picture went along the lines of "this is how we make our money in the hood" or something like that.

Most people here on the board, when the story initially broke, thought it was an incredibly stupid deal that made him damaged goods, and most put him on Goodell Watch. Soon as he was drafted, few around here really cared anymore, and I got hammered for suggesting it was a poor pick in the second with such strong options remaining on the board like Quentin Groves or James Hardy (ironically, since Hardy's actually been in legal trouble for battery).

The fact that he's distantly related to, has a prior realtionship with, and he looks up to Patrick Surtain, helped alleviate some of the concerns, and I maigine it had some impact on the Chiefs decision to draft him.

Most now just feel like it was a dumb prank. I saw a tellingly stupid decision at the very least, and a drug dealing/drug abuse indication at the very most.

The fact that he's distantly related to, has a prior relationship with, and he looks up to Patrick Surtain alleviates some of the character concerns, and probably played a part in the Chiefs decision to draft him.

Direckshun
05-26-2008, 04:33 PM
I hope you're right.

To do something that dumb during Draft season... I mean, wow. Seriously.

If he sorts it out, it's a good pick. But I would have preferred us to pass.

FAX
05-26-2008, 04:35 PM
DON'T TALK SH*T ABOUT OUR BELOVED 2ND ROUNDER!!!

FAX

milkman
05-26-2008, 04:35 PM
I hope you're right.

To do something that dumb during Draft season... I mean, wow. Seriously.

If he sorts it out, it's a good pick. But I would have preferred us to pass.

Pass?

That's arena league.

Direckshun
05-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Pass?

That's arena league.
Punt?

Smed1065
05-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Well, he was a second rounder for us.

Maybe they just wanted to concede the second rounder and focus on the other rounds.

aturnis
05-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Weed's green, his baggies were white. It's not as innocent as everyone would like to think.

Hydrae
Well, he was a second rounder for us.

Maybe they just wanted to concede the second rounder and focus on the other rounds.

That strategy has been in play for several years now and it just doesn't seem to work in the long term. :harumph:

aturnis

Oh those kids and their silly hijinx! :shake:

Rausch
05-26-2008, 05:07 PM
I, for one, did. But I waited for the draft frenzy to die down to post this thread, because I wanted objective reply posts and not just the "DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT OUR BELOVED 2ND ROUNDER" come backs.

Do you honestly want to put forth the argument that he shouldn't have a job because he posted stupid $#it on teh innerwebs?...

tmax63
05-26-2008, 05:17 PM
If he is then this place would be one big-assed soup kitchen for the unemployed....

noa
05-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Here is the pic

Smed1065
05-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I am sure it was a sugar substitute.

I even see $1 bills in the picture.
Authentic drug dealers would laugh their azzes off at that, much less rap stars.................

Frankie
05-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Do you honestly want to put forth the argument that he shouldn't have a job because he posted stupid $#it on teh innerwebs?...

Not really. But if he's a drug dealer, I want him in someone else's locker room. Like the Broncos.

Ebolapox
05-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Not really. But if he's a drug dealer, I want him in someone else's locker room. Like the Broncos.

that's just stupid dumb crazy talk right there. you want our guys to go out of the locker-room for the primo sh*t? wtf is wrong with you?!?

:spock: