PDA

View Full Version : Music Check out these drums

Archie F. Swin
05-26-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.moleculesdrums.com/Site/HOME_files/LOW%20RIDER%201.jpg

www.moleculesdrums.com

mcan
05-27-2008, 02:44 AM
My initial instinct is that I woudn't care for them. Drums are already too damned loud and resonate so much that they are a distraction.

It's silly. Drummers buy two thousand dollar drum sets that are huge and loud and afterwards have to go and buy mufflers for every drum, and tone rings for every head.

I'm starting to think that the Roland V-Drums are about 1 generation away from being superior in every way to a conventional drum set. Both live, and in the studio. Not to mention that you can control every aspect of the sound with a turn of a button instead of buying a new kit, or changing and adjusting new heads. Hell a decent cymbal costs $250-$400. Audio technology has gone past the point where you can't even tell the difference anymore.

crazycoffey
05-27-2008, 09:24 AM
.... Audio technology has gone past the point where you can't even tell the difference anymore.

Agree on what you had said. And I haven't played on an electric kit for quite a few years, but I remember there always seemed to be a slight drag, or lag time from hitting the head and hearing the tom come through on the speaker. It always would throw me off alittle too.

If technology has taken that away, then you are exactly right.

Huffman83
05-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, but you're talking about musicians. Guitar players are still using tube amps! Musicians pretty much have the mentality of "my favorite records were recorded w/ this, so this is what I want!"

I don't care how good technology gets, a computer will not be able to sound exactly like a technology that's 50+ years old. It can come pretty close but that whole physics thing gets in the way.

Demonpenz
05-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I like electric kits. When I am doing a gig I just put it on autoplay so I can pretend I am playing while i score chicks and beer. Acoustic sets you can't like fake it/