PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports August's "UFC 87: Seek and Destroy" card looks like it could be huge...

keg in kc
05-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Clay Guida/Mac Danzig
Brock Lesnar/Heath Herring
Roger Huerta/Kenny Florian
Georges St. Pierre/Jon Fitch

That's so far.

Smed1065
05-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Wrestle again-LOl

Third Eye
05-27-2008, 07:05 AM
YAY! Kenflo finally gets to fight someone that can kick his ass. This makes me happy. Jon Fitch is one of my favorites, but I don't think he's ready for GSP yet. I would love to see Herring beat Lesnar, then have Lesnar leave the UFC for Elite XC and fight Kimbo.

KCUnited
05-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Guida's fights are always entertaining.

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 09:01 AM
YAY! Kenflo finally gets to fight someone that can kick his ass. This makes me happy. Jon Fitch is one of my favorites, but I don't think he's ready for GSP yet. I would love to see Herring beat Lesnar, then have Lesnar leave the UFC for Elite XC and fight Kimbo.

I can't stand Kenny Florian either and I agree that Huerta is probably going to beat him. As for Fitch GSP it depends on which GSP shows up. That dude is a freakin headcase and I don't think he'll have it as easy with Fitch as he did with Hughes or Serra.

ChiefsFanatic
05-27-2008, 09:06 AM

I was really impressed with Lesnar in his fight against Mir. It was really a rough start in the UFC to face the former champ in your first fight, and then add to it the fact that Lesnar is a wrestler and Mir a BJJ guy, and it was a double whammy.

I remember thinking that he could really be a beast with more experience.

El Jefe
05-27-2008, 09:08 AM

I don't really think huerta is that good, Guida gave him a run when they fought last. Jon Fitch vs GSP, GSP is gonna own him. Lesnar will win also. Guida is one of my favorite fighters he always brings it. All in all a pretty dang good card.

ChiefsFanatic
05-27-2008, 09:08 AM
I can't stand Kenny Florian either and I agree that Huerta is probably going to beat him. As for Fitch GSP it depends on which GSP shows up. That dude is a freakin headcase and I don't think he'll have it as easy with Fitch as he did with Hughes or Serra.

I will say this now, on the record, Guida should have beat Huerta, and I think KenFlo will beat Huerta.

Third Eye
05-27-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't really think huerta is that good, Guida gave him a run when they fought last. Jon Fitch vs GSP, GSP is gonna own him. Lesnar will win also. Guida is one of my favorite fighters he always brings it. All in all a pretty dang good card.

I don't think Huerta is THAT good, but I think he will be the 2nd toughest guy Kenny has fought. Sean Sherk being the first, who got a unanimous decision against Kenflo. Guida can be exciting, but he hasn't beaten a single quality fighter IMO. The only quality guys he's fought (Huerta, Din Thomas, Tyson Griffin, Gilbert Melendez) all beat him. That being said, Mac Danzig isn't on the level of those guys either. Herring should beat Lesnar, IF he can get him to the ground. If he tries to stand with him, then he will get beat to a pulp. Herring has been around and fought the best guys in the world. I think he wins in the first round, just like Mir.

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 12:41 PM

Saying Guida gave him a run is kind of an understatement. But, I think guys like Guida, Tyson Griffin and Huerta, are what makee 155 such an awesome division.

Dallas Chief
05-27-2008, 01:37 PM
What happend to Lesnar fighting Mark Coleman?

ChiefsFanatic
05-27-2008, 01:47 PM

Coleman woke up and realized that he was over the hill ten years ago. Seriously, he is 43 and claims he hurt his MCL and had to drop out. Liddell fought Rampage, in Pride, with a torn ACL. Coleman is way past being legit, and it is probably a good thing for him not to fight Lesnar. I think that Zuffa was making up for pitting Lesnar against Mir for his first fight.

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Coleman woke up and realized that he was over the hill ten years ago. Seriously, he is 43 and claims he hurt his MCL and had to drop out. Liddell fought Rampage, in Pride, with a torn ACL. Coleman is way past being legit, and it is probably a good thing for him not to fight Lesnar. I think that Zuffa was making up for pitting Lesnar against Mir for his first fight.

They did give him the high hard one by tossing him in against Mir in his first fight in the UFC, hell it was only his second or third pro fight.

ChiefsFanatic
05-27-2008, 04:14 PM
They did give him the high hard one by tossing him in against Mir in his first fight in the UFC, hell it was only his second or third pro fight.

Until the leglock, he was mauling Mir. I think Lesnar has tons of potential.

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 04:19 PM

Yeah he does, he is the future of the heavyweights for sure.

Speaking of future heavyweights did you see the Shane Carwin KO??

El Jefe
05-27-2008, 04:19 PM

I don't think Mir even landed a punch.

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't think Mir even landed a punch.

He didn't have to.

BIG_DADDY
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM

Exactly

ArrowheadHawk
05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I think that Tito will go to EliteXC and fight kimbo. What a draw that would be.

Third Eye
05-27-2008, 04:23 PM

Not until he cuts some of that bulk. Too many steroids when he was pro wrestling. He's done a good job of slimming down, but he has a lot of work to do.

BigVE
05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah he does, he is the future of the heavyweights for sure.

Speaking of future heavyweights did you see the Shane Carwin KO??
What? This guy is a physical beast with few skills thus far...he is a LONG ways from being "the future of the heavyweights" in the UFC. Maybe for Elite XC or something. He still has alot to learn.

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Not until he cuts some of that bulk. Too many steroids when he was pro wrestling. He's done a good job of slimming down, but he has a lot of work to do.

Does anyone remenber Mark " The Smashing Machine " Kerr?

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 04:26 PM
What? This guy is a physical beast with few skills thus far...he is a LONG ways from being "the future of the heavyweights" in the UFC. Maybe for Elite XC or something. He still has alot to learn.

He is the future of the heavyweights in the UFC, if for no other reason than because you can count the number of talented heavies in the UFC on one hand.

Third Eye
05-27-2008, 04:28 PM

Barely. In looking at his record, I see he lost to Heath Herring.

BigVE
05-27-2008, 04:30 PM
He is the future of the heavyweights in the UFC, if for no other reason than because you can count the number of talented heavies in the UFC on one hand.

Eh, I guess I will concede that one. I think he has tons of potential for sure, we will have to see what he has from the neck up.

raybec 4
05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Barely. In looking at his record, I see he lost to Heath Herring.

He was kind of like Lesnar, he was huge and a great wrestler, but he got hooked on pain killers and ended up with a real drug problem. The point was he also had tons of potential but never realized it.

Dallas Chief
05-28-2008, 11:43 AM
He was kind of like Lesnar, he was huge and a great wrestler, but he got hooked on pain killers and ended up with a real drug problem. The point was he also had tons of potential but never realized it.

Yeah. I remember him being a real head case...That documentary was way interesting.

BIG_DADDY
05-28-2008, 11:58 AM

That's the guy who should have died like 3 times already.

raybec 4
05-28-2008, 12:07 PM
That's the guy who should have died like 3 times already.

Yeah, it's amazing he's still breathing (as far as I know). Last I heard he was looking at some time for drugs in Arizona.

BIG_DADDY
05-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah, it's amazing he's still breathing (as far as I know). Last I heard he was looking at some time for drugs in Arizona.
Isn't that the guy that went down in a boat and had to swim for like an hour and half to shore and he pulled it off?

raybec 4
05-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Isn't that the guy that went down in a boat and had to swim for like an hour and half to shore and he pulled it off?

I don't know, If that is him that would add to his amazing list of death defying feats, like ODing on Vicodin and Hydrocodone.

Dallas Chief
05-28-2008, 03:29 PM

I don't think he's locked up. Not sure on the swimming thing either. I read somewhere that he is still fighting in smaller events, as recently as March 2008.

raybec 4
05-28-2008, 03:52 PM
No he's not locked up, yet. He just fought (and was submitted) on April 11 of this year.

beach tribe
05-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Is it just me, or is this sport lacking in the big matchups of the past?

Yea, this looks like a good card, but it just seems as though the sport may be a little watered down. Not really as exciting as years past.