PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Fallout 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Its an RPG. The game does not play like an FPS.

I disagree. Go into the tunnels, and it's very much like a FPS. You can still use VATS, or you just fire away.

allen_kcCard
11-08-2008, 10:39 AM
There are a lot of times where I seem to get much better hits on target without using vats...especially against those damn fire ants.

unlurking
11-08-2008, 11:32 AM
I found mines set while sneaking up to be the most effective against the fire ants. Back up, one shot with the rifle to pull, they step on a mine, and your off to the next one. Combat shotgun for close quarters, and no VATS. The VATS system I pretty much only use for attacking from hidden.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 02:15 PM
All you need for power armor training is to do the main quest up until you get into the Citadel.

J Diddy
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I disagree. Go into the tunnels, and it's very much like a FPS. You can still use VATS, or you just fire away.

Is the gameplay similar to oblivion?

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Is the gameplay similar to oblivion?

Almost exactly. VATS lets you target specific body parts, but that's the only notable difference.

It's by the same company, and was early-on touted as Oblivion with guns.

Buck
11-08-2008, 03:22 PM
should i finish moiras book b4 i start looking 4 dad???

J Diddy
11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Almost exactly. VATS lets you target specific body parts, but that's the only notable difference.

It's by the same company, and was early-on touted as Oblivion with guns.

I think I'm gonna have to get it. Yes sir. Tonight.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 04:46 PM

I did, just because it gave me some money and other stuff.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Is there a trick to hacking?

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Fawkes is my buddy. He's better than some damn dog.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 07:28 PM
I just finished.... had a save game very shortly before the end, so I went back to see th difference in my options.

Let me just say, without any spoilers, that don't do the final mission until you're ready to end the game. Once you finish the final quest, the game is over.

In Oblivion, if you've still got side missions, etc. to do you can still do them once the main quest is over. That's not the case here.

allen_kcCard
11-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Is there a trick to hacking?

Yes.

For one, you can exist out before you make your last attempt and start over fresh..that way you don't lock it out.

The biggie, is to look for "bracketed" special characters, like...if you se $%(#$%&)%$^@ cursor over the first of the ( and you will see the entire set highlight. When you pick these, it will most time remove one of the dud words to narrow down the list to pick from, some of them will also reset your failed attempts count.

Typically, I do the shorter ones first, those seems to remove the duds the most, and save the logner ones, where there are several special characters in the middle, for later in case I need a reset. You will also see a lot of similar woords, like seeds, reeds, needed...normally it seems to not be one of those sets.

Basileus777
11-08-2008, 09:26 PM

You do get solid rewards and a nice perk from finishing the quest, there's no real need to complete the whole thing early on. Moira's quests are a good intro to the game, but they can get kind of tedious if you do them all at once. That's the beauty of this game, you can do whatever you want.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes.

For one, you can exist out before you make your last attempt and start over fresh..that way you don't lock it out.

The biggie, is to look for "bracketed" special characters, like...if you se $%(#$%&)%$^@ cursor over the first of the ( and you will see the entire set highlight. When you pick these, it will most time remove one of the dud words to narrow down the list to pick from, some of them will also reset your failed attempts count.

Typically, I do the shorter ones first, those seems to remove the duds the most, and save the logner ones, where there are several special characters in the middle, for later in case I need a reset. You will also see a lot of similar woords, like seeds, reeds, needed...normally it seems to not be one of those sets.

OK. I'd figured those things out, but didn't know if there was something that was more effective.

THanks! :thumb:

Just started my second character...

Buck
11-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I had to let my friend borrow Fallout 3 until next Tuesday...I was too addicted.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I had to let my friend borrow Fallout 3 until next Tuesday...I was too addicted.

PUSSY!

Huffmeister
11-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Finding ammo was a big problem for me, too. It wasn't that I didn't have the caps, I just couldn't find anyone selling it.

If you use a Chinese Assault Rifle (or regular AR), head SW of Megaton to a place called Fort Independence. There, you can trade laser weapons, sensor modules, and scrap metal for 556 ammo, Rad-X, or Stimpaks. The conversion rate isn't quite as good as if you sell the items and buy ammo from a vendor, but the guy ALWAYS has 556 ammo. I take all the laser weapons and sensor modules I can find there. But I still save the scrap metal for the water plant in Megaton since it gives you XP. Right now, I'm sitting at about 1400 rounds of 556 ammo.

Fairplay
11-09-2008, 08:28 PM
They makers of this game should gave added about 20 more songs to the radio. Seems like it starts looping over to soon.

Plus a couple more funny comments from 3 dog would be nice.
I got these songs playing in my head all day.

Pablo
11-10-2008, 10:43 AM
They makers of this game should gave added about 20 more songs to the radio. Seems like it starts looping over to soon.

I got these songs playing in my head all day.I'm as corny as Kansas in Autumn...that song gets stuck in my head.

allen_kcCard
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM

I got these songs playing in my head all day.

Somebody fart?!?!

allen_kcCard
11-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I picked up the Gunslinger perk, and it is really damn nice for fighting those friggin ants. Just use VATS and target the antennars....have something closer to 60-70% chance instead of 30 or less to hit them. Most of them I can frenzy them with 4 pops from the 10 mil and then just lead them around to fight other ants. Get a good soldier and you can wipe out some workers like crazy.

Saves a lot of ammo, and still gets you xp for some of them...seems like some don't get the xp though.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Hmmm. Will have to remember that.

This next go-round, I'm going to be certain to pick up scavenger and the one that finds extra gold as early as possible. They are WELL worth it.

I've already started the second guy, and I bumped the difficulty up to hard - I find there's more ammo available on hard.

allen_kcCard
11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I have the fortune finder now, it is nice to open up a random desk and find 50 caps.

I was worried last night when I hit level 7 the first time and was walking to the septic sewers to whack some moles and ran into a HELL of a fight. There were some raiders on the far side of the river that tore me up the first time I got to the water, so I reloaded and circled to come around behind them...then some deathclaw thing or the light found me sneaking up on them and ripped me a new one....so, I reloaded AGIAN and took another round and ambushed the raiders, only to see they were shooting across the water and something else...suddenly super mutants came out of the water and were all over my asss. I tried one more time and took out the raiders, but the mutant brute took me out with a minigun and I called it quits there.

I was thinking that when I hit level 7 things got WAY harder or something, but when I went and did THOSE things were back to normal there, so I guess it was just a spot where the shit was hitting the fan. I'll have to go back there later and tear all those fuggers up.

this second go of it has also had me running into a lot of the merc guys that are after me from leaving the vault. The first game I didn't see a single one, this game I was jumped at the super duper mart the first time, and ran into more there again later, and also some station place where I hadn't been before.

J Diddy
11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
I got it. I love it. Right now I'm level 6. Probably gonna work into it and get a good idea of which character I'd like to play the game to make it the most fun. Initially I tried a bash-em with a pipe kinda ruffneck but more I get into i'm starting to realize I should have put more points in weaponry rather than strength.

Stryker
11-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Just picked this up last night. Can't wait to play it this weekend - you guy's got me fired up about it and several of my co-workers rave about it.

J Diddy
11-11-2008, 11:40 AM
What's anyones opinion on the most important attribute to build up?

Fairplay
11-11-2008, 12:00 PM
What's anyones opinion on the most important attribute to build up?

Small Guns
Repair
Daddy's boy
Lockpick
Medicine

are good starters.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Small Guns
Repair
Daddy's boy
Lockpick
Medicine

are good starters.

Aren't those called "skills"? I'd add Science. A lot of times you can hack a terminal and open a door or safe without picks.

And Daddy's Boy/Girl is a perk, not an attribute.

I think attributes are the SPECIALs. I'd put intelligence and endurance very high on my list. Strength helps you carry more, which means more shit to sell, which means more caps.

unlurking
11-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Aren't those called "skills"? I'd add Science. A lot of times you can hack a terminal and open a door or safe without picks.

And Daddy's Boy/Girl is a perk, not an attribute.

I think attributes are the SPECIALs. I'd put intelligence and endurance very high on my list. Strength helps you carry more, which means more shit to sell, which means more caps.

And "Daddy's Boy" is a perk!

:)

I'd go with mostly the same. Small Guns, Repair, Lockpick, and Science. I've found the repair skill is a GREAT offset to a lower strength (less loot capacity). Simply repair all the like items you find, so you don't have to run and unload all the time. By the time you do, the armor and weapons you sell will be worth a lot more.

As for S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats, up Intelligence to 10 before leaving the Vault. The additional points every level are worth it. Agility (accuracy), Endurance (hit points), and Luck (+ to all other stats) are what I've targeted on my latest character which seems to be working very well.

As for percs, that's easy for the first 4...

Swift Learner @ levels 2 & 3 (+10% xp)
Educated @ level 4 (+3 perks every level)
Swift Learner @ level 5

For the MOST advantage from these skills, gotta take 'em first. After that, whatever fits your play-style, as every one's is different. Create a chic, and choose the "Black Widow" perk. It's the same as "Lady Killer", but there are a shit-load more male baddies in the game, so the bonus actually pays out. Plus, the "Fallen Angel" doo is hawt! :D

allen_kcCard
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
I would suggest having intel at 9 instead of 10. There is an intel bobblehead out there somewhere (I haven't found it yet) and if you already have 10 it is wasted. Sure, you lose out on some extra skill points (1 per level for 9 vs. 10) but you can put it somewhere else and still get the bonus to intel when you get the bobble.

I skipped out on the swift learners, I wasn't sure that getting 110 exp for a quest instead of 100 would be that big...and 11 exp for a mutant instead of 10 is meh. Yeah, 130 instead of 100 is pretty good, but there are a lot of things I could have gotten instead.

Educated...hell yeah.

And I LOVE the perks that increase the VATS accuracy.

Buck
11-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Theres so many ways to play around w/ the perks/abilities that you could play this game 20 different times and use 20 totally different characters...

The one I am on now, I am so confused on what I should put my points on, but its still fun.

allen_kcCard
11-11-2008, 02:16 PM
When it comes to making weapons out of schematics, is it correct that when you make it, the number of schematics for it you have, 1, 2, or 3, is compared to your repair skill at creation to determine how much damage it does?

If that is the case, you would want to keep pumping up repair and creating new ones, and then perhaps repairing the new one with an old one? I haven't done any schematics at all so far.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-11-2008, 02:25 PM
When it comes to making weapons out of schematics, is it correct that when you make it, the number of schematics for it you have, 1, 2, or 3, is compared to your repair skill at creation to determine how much damage it does?

If that is the case, you would want to keep pumping up repair and creating new ones, and then perhaps repairing the new one with an old one? I haven't done any schematics at all so far.

Huh?

Once you have a schematic, you only need one for that weapon. The higher your repair skill, the better your weapon will be when you first make it.

If you build two rock-it launchers, and repair the first with the second, then yes, the damage will be greater because it will be in better condition.

unlurking
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah.

I absolutely LOVE the shishkabob! Great fun in camera mode!

The bottlecap mines are awesome as well. A high repair AND explosives make these things seriously effective against slow movers like super mutants.

allen_kcCard
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Hmm...I have used the mines some, but was also looking at the grenades. I always seem to mess up the grenades unless I can get them on a sneak attack....I took out 5 raiders in one toss when they were caught aware once, but for the most part it seems like I either hit something mid-flight, or they shoot the thing out of the air.

My melee skill blows, but I'll probably build a character around the shishkabob sometime.

unlurking
11-11-2008, 05:09 PM
I just use the shishkabob as a last resort, or when up against obviously inferior mobs. It's a lot of fun, but my character is built around sneak attacks with mines and sniping, combat shotgun / 44 scoped at mid-range.

I've built a few of the Nuka Grenades, but never used them yet. The mines just do so much damage, and you can string them along for such a large distance that you can pull a team of mobs by sniping, and have them all die before getting to you.

So many ways to play this game though! Absolute blast. I'm thinking about building a melee character as well.

allen_kcCard
11-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Huh?

Once you have a schematic, you only need one for that weapon. The higher your repair skill, the better your weapon will be when you first make it.

If you build two rock-it launchers, and repair the first with the second, then yes, the damage will be greater because it will be in better condition.

Here is what I read:

Schematics allow you to create homemade weapons, provided you have the proper components.

Acquiring multiple copies of the same Schematic will allow you to make better versions of the self-created weapons. Each copy you find past the first one allows you to make a better version (ie; Rock-It Launcher v2).

It's a good idea to hunt down additional copies if you plan on using the weapons often. If you gain a second schematic the weapons damage improves by 10%(v2). If you gain a third schematic the weapons damage improves by another 10% to a total of 20%(v3). Additional Schematics for Bottlecap Mine and Nuka Grenade allow you to make more instead of giving more damage. With one schematic - you make one. With two - you make two. With three - you make three.

Mecca
11-11-2008, 07:03 PM
So how's this game......I just bought 3 games but I have to ask.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Here is what I read:

Schematics allow you to create homemade weapons, provided you have the proper components.

Acquiring multiple copies of the same Schematic will allow you to make better versions of the self-created weapons. Each copy you find past the first one allows you to make a better version (ie; Rock-It Launcher v2).

It's a good idea to hunt down additional copies if you plan on using the weapons often. If you gain a second schematic the weapons damage improves by 10%(v2). If you gain a third schematic the weapons damage improves by another 10% to a total of 20%(v3). Additional Schematics for Bottlecap Mine and Nuka Grenade allow you to make more instead of giving more damage. With one schematic - you make one. With two - you make two. With three - you make three.

Huh. Hadn't read that. Thanks.

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
obvious advice...

When you get to level 20...get the explorer perk...ALL areas will then be opened on the map

The best close range weapon in my opinion....The Terrible Shotgun.

if you kill everyone, and become the sole survivor in fallout 3...well, its pretty friggin awesome.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-12-2008, 08:55 AM
obvious advice...

When you get to level 20...get the explorer perk...ALL areas will then be opened on the map

The best close range weapon in my opinion....The Terrible Shotgun.

if you kill everyone, and become the sole survivor in fallout 3...well, its pretty friggin awesome.

You killed everyone? Seriously?

And you get a shotgun? What's the point?

allen_kcCard
11-12-2008, 10:14 AM
I think those were two separate points.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I think those were two separate points.

Ah!!! :thumb:

J Diddy
11-12-2008, 11:34 AM

It's F-ing great.

Fairplay
11-12-2008, 11:54 AM

I think it's a thumbs of from all us playing it on this thread.

Different ways to play it. Different quests you can do or choose not to do and just follow the main story. Play as good guy or bad.

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 12:25 PM
You killed everyone? Seriously?

And you get a shotgun? What's the point?

Killed Every human, now I am wondering the wastes killing random bugs.

Literally, there is nothing left but the bear animals, dogs, insects, moles.

Tenpenny Tower was human controlled, cleared it for the ghouls, went back a few times to my suite and killed everyone there..so now its me and Clover...only she is wearing the robot helm and outfit and I am wearing the wig, ghoul mask, and metal armor lol

I have the ant costume for when we go into the city at night...

***Go to Canterbury Common***

also, you gotta go to the Oasis if you havent already been lol

The Terrible Shotgun..is like the Combat Shotty, but the damage is soooo much more greater. Usually one shot close range in VATS is all I need.

Oh yeah, level 21.

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I take that back, the only human that is alive is the guy at the Scrapyard that I turn in good peoples ears to....

Fairplay
11-12-2008, 12:36 PM

Thats a lot of wilderness and cities to cover, good lord.

Basileus777
11-12-2008, 12:37 PM

Tenpenny Tower was human controlled, cleared it for the ghouls, went back a few times to my suite and killed everyone there..so now its me and Clover...only she is wearing the robot helm and outfit and I am wearing the wig, ghoul mask, and metal armor lol

The Terrible Shotgun..is like the Combat Shotty, but the damage is soooo much more greater. Usually one shot close range in VATS is all I need.

Oh yeah, level 21.

Isn't the level cap 20?

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Isn't the level cap 20?

nope, theres a perk you can get at I believe level 10 that automatically gives you another level...you can either get it at 10..or wait until 20..then get it..but it gives you like 3000 exp at level 10 to get 11..

I think its called "Finally made it" or something like that

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Thats a lot of wilderness and cities to cover, good lord.

lol, well i had opened about 3/4 of the map before level 20...then picked up the Explorer perk..and then opened up all the others I missed.

like this one Vault, lol that was a Cloning Vault, that all the human clones inside were variations of a Human clone called Gary. Thats all they said.. "Gary?" "GARY!!!" "gary, gary, gary"

That got on my nerves, so I introduced them to the shishkabob

also, you gotta remeber, I have alot of free time on my hands. still no job, its been a month...just started looking this past week.

its going to be tough to find something before 1/16/09

tough

I may be a greeter at Walmart

it may actually come down to that.

Fairplay
11-12-2008, 02:40 PM
also, you gotta remeber, I have alot of free time on my hands. still no job, its been a month...just started looking this past week.

Sorry, i apologize, that completely slipped my mind. I hope you find a job very soon. And i will put in a prayer for you.

In my own experiences, if i pray very diligently day after day, for a few weeks, i get what i ask. It might come in a way unexpected, or not quite what you had in mind though.

BTW, i'm not a very religious person and i only go to church maybe 5 Sundays a year. So its not like you have to act all goody-goody for the man upstairs to listen to you.

xbarretx
11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
lol, well i had opened about 3/4 of the map before level 20...then picked up the Explorer perk..and then opened up all the others I missed.

like this one Vault, lol that was a Cloning Vault, that all the human clones inside were variations of a Human clone called Gary. Thats all they said.. "Gary?" "GARY!!!" "gary, gary, gary"

That got on my nerves, so I introduced them to the shishkabob

tough

I may be a greeter at Walmart

it may actually come down to that.

dude if that happens im going to that walmart on a daily basis to have you try and run after me while i shoplift and rave "your mom" jokes..... J/K man ;)

you were in NTK werent you redrum? i imagine that you could find at least something man.

GL regardless

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
dude if that happens im going to that walmart on a daily basis to have you try and run after me while i shoplift and rave "your mom" jokes..... J/K man ;)

you were in NTK werent you redrum? i imagine that you could find at least something man.

GL regardless

yeah, but after signing the GRA and getting the severance packages, I signed that document that I cant work for Embarq or any competitor of Embarq that uses Embarqs services..i.e. contracting, temp, full time etc. for at least a year. If I hadnt signed that paperwork, then I would have only received the two weeks pay.

so..in a sense it would be like telling a doctor that he could not step into a hospital or do any kind of medical work..for at least a year.

QuikSsurfer
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM

Oh yeah, level 21.

Wat?

The level caps at 20 - What am i missing??

Edit: saw above post

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Everyone has talked about their attributes, SPECIALS, Perks, etc...

But the real question is...what is yoru characters name?

My characters name..is none other than Skeletor....fitting with the Button wig, ghoul mask, and slayer of all thats good...

Redrum_69
11-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Wat?

The level caps at 20 - What am i missing??

Edit: saw above post

My bad...heres the PERK at level 10..

Here and Now Level 10 1 rank The Here and Now perk immediately grants an additional experience level, complete with all the advantages that brings.

xbarretx
11-12-2008, 09:34 PM
yeah, but after signing the GRA and getting the severance packages, I signed that document that I cant work for Embarq or any competitor of Embarq that uses Embarqs services..i.e. contracting, temp, full time etc. for at least a year. If I hadnt signed that paperwork, then I would have only received the two weeks pay.

so..in a sense it would be like telling a doctor that he could not step into a hospital or do any kind of medical work..for at least a year.

foul is not a foul unless the ref blows his whistle my friend. ;)

maybe you could always come back home to the dark side.... campus life might be fun

J Diddy
11-13-2008, 07:41 AM
My bad...heres the PERK at level 10..

Here and Now Level 10 1 rank The Here and Now perk immediately grants an additional experience level, complete with all the advantages that brings.

I used that last night, kind of a no brainer compared to the other perks i had available.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-13-2008, 08:03 AM
I used that last night, kind of a no brainer compared to the other perks i had available.

RR has the right idea.... wait until you've topped out at level 20. Then get an extra bump to 21.

J Diddy
11-13-2008, 11:32 AM
RR has the right idea.... wait until you've topped out at level 20. Then get an extra bump to 21.

I really needed to level up at that point. I needed the extra hp that I could get because I was pinned down and outgunned and the only option was try to go back through the tunnels and face god knows what.

Basileus777
11-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Anyone else experience the game locking up when fast traveling on the 360 version? I fast traveled from just outside the family's lair to Ten Penny Tower and the game endlessly circled through slides on the loading screen. After ten minutes I exited to the dashboard, loaded the game and tried it again with the same results.

allen_kcCard
11-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I haven't had that, but I did have Walter turn up dead in Megaton. I guess it happens a lot, and I used some console commands to ressurect hima nd get him back on track and buying my scrap metal.

xbarretx
11-14-2008, 03:18 PM
well guys, im playing fallout and its awesome! only thing im not liking is im afraid that as i level i will use all my points one way and then wish i had done it another .... :(

i just gotto megaton and then i explored and went into the nearby school and started clubbing all the mad max wannabees....

Buck
11-14-2008, 03:27 PM
well guys, im playing fallout and its awesome! only thing im not liking is im afraid that as i level i will use all my points one way and then wish i had done it another .... :(

i just gotto megaton and then i explored and went into the nearby school and started clubbing all the mad max wannabees....

Thats the beauty of the game, if you give yourself points in one area, and not another, you will have to play a totally different strategy than if you had switched them around...

I haven't played the game in about a week, so I am due. I got it back from my friend on Tuesday, but its been sitting in my car until today.

Cant wait to play it tonight...

xbarretx
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Thats the beauty of the game, if you give yourself points in one area, and not another, you will have to play a totally different strategy than if you had switched them around...

I haven't played the game in about a week, so I am due. I got it back from my friend on Tuesday, but its been sitting in my car until today.

Cant wait to play it tonight...

but now i fear that im going to miss out on stuff. like if my science isnt high enough i cant do X or cant get X or if my explosives arent high enough then... i cant do X or get X ... like in megaton im having to go and level again just to add points into explosives so ican attempt to disarm the bomb. (yes i stole the outfit that gives +5 to explosives ;)

Huffmeister
11-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Best moment in the game for me so far...

I was wandering around the extreme SW corner of the map, and came across a slaver caravan. It was 4 slaves, with a slaver in front leading them, and a slaver in the back. I walked up to the slaver in front and talked to her. She didn't have much to say, so I talked to the first slave in line, who asked me to help her. So I chose to attempt to remove her explosive collar. It worked, and pissed off the slavers who attacked immediately. A shotgun blast to the head of each slaver took care of them.

The slave that I freed took off, and the other three were cowering on the ground. I walked up to the next slave, and attempted to remove his collar. He said "Uhhhh... what's that vibration?" The collar explodes and his head pops off. The last two slaves yell and run away, freaked out. I chased after them thinking "hey, I just want to help!"

I ran after them for only a few seconds when they were attacked by a roaming radscorpion. I shot at it with the Chinese AR while they hid behind some rocks. After the radscorpion was dead, I went up to them thinking that maybe now I could try to disarm their collars. As soon as I got close, they yelled and took off again. It was obvious that I would never catch up to them, so I just let them go.

Scenes like this is one of the many things that makes this best game I've played in several years.

Count Zarth
11-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Fallout 3 is the first newly-released PC game I've paid for in years. It was worth every penny. Since I was banned here, last week I logged 30 fucking hours in Fallout 3. I'm addicted.

I'll post a big batch of screenshots tomorrow. God it's amazing.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/420/falloutev4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Not to mention funny as hell.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1073/screenshot8hi6.jpg

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8643/screen4oi7.jpg

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Fallout 3 is the first newly-released PC game I've paid for in years. It was worth every penny. Since I was banned here, last week I logged 30 ****ing hours in Fallout 3. I'm addicted.

I'll post a big batch of screenshots tomorrow. God it's amazing.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/420/falloutev4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Not to mention funny as hell.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1073/screenshot8hi6.jpg

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8643/screen4oi7.jpg

LOL, I remember that scene from crowleys quest

My boy wandered into the room.

Count Zarth
11-17-2008, 12:50 AM
It does look like a shooter but it is definitely an RPG. You don't run around shooting and blowing shit up like you would in a FPS (although you do have the choice).

Fuck that.

The other day I started blowing up 90 percent of the cars I encounter. So much fun.

In fact, I documented an epic encounter:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNLowfsegow&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNLowfsegow&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
11-17-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm absolutely lovin' this game. My wife, a big Oblivion fan, isn't quite sold on it. She has just seen me playing, and isn't really big on the gun usage. She's a little bit more toward the fantasy-type games. She also thinks Fallout 3 is a too gory for her. May see if there's a setting to tone it down. I think she'd like it if she'd give it a chance. And I know she will.

You can turn off the gore completely with console commands.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-17-2008, 05:58 AM

Good to know. I haven't looked.

xbarretx
11-17-2008, 12:08 PM

*warning* PM bomb comming... (just a heads up im sending you a question ;) )

xbarretx
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
How does Karma affect character development? seriously my guy is too good, and i dont want to thave to redo the whole dam thing b/c i missed fun stuff for being bad or the other way around.

when you get a lvl up do you guys select a different tallent each time or do you level the initial ones you guys picked up? i know you can select new ones as you level but do you always (personally) get new ones... or do you keep leveling up "iron fist" or what ever to get more bonus's? that make sense?

Fried Meat Ball!
11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
How does Karma affect character development? seriously my guy is too good, and i dont want to thave to redo the whole dam thing b/c i missed fun stuff for being bad or the other way around.

when you get a lvl up do you guys select a different tallent each time or do you level the initial ones you guys picked up? i know you can select new ones as you level but do you always (personally) get new ones... or do you keep leveling up "iron fist" or what ever to get more bonus's? that make sense?

I tend to spread it out, but focus on certain ones.

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 03:08 PM

I think karma affects more of getting people to come with you.

xbarretx
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
thanks guys,

also i did the quest where the guy says he'll let you learn to be a vampire.... and all he got me was the ability to get hp from blood packs... WTH , how to you get to eat corpses? i hear you get it at lvl 12.

regarding people following you, i onyl got the chance for the megaton guy so far and i was "too good" for him to join me. im hoping i can get some goody two shoes.... to tag along .. :deevee:

Count Zarth
11-17-2008, 05:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0bcOxhBn1qw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0bcOxhBn1qw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
11-17-2008, 05:58 PM
OK. Here's an assload of screenshots. If you're playing on PC, show off your collection.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1609/screenshot0bj5.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4865/screenshot2sd5.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5885/screenshot3jc7.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5548/screenshot4hg6.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/804/screenshot28ag1.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8170/screenshot16tn0.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6202/screenshot6sg9.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9526/screenshot5du0.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7249/screenshot11ee3.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7577/screenshot15zz5.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1747/screenshot39aq5.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5097/screenshot14lz0.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6933/screenshot9pf4.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1311/screenshot29ij6.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1484/screenshot13lo8.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5958/screenshot54st5.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4416/screenshot56do9.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8910/screenshot38ka2.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7084/screenshot43xk6.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6008/screenshot40xt5.jpg

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 06:03 PM
congrats?

Why are you showing screenshots to people who have the game again?

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 02:40 AM
so i just beat it

probably sell it on ebay now

Fried Meat Ball!
11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Claythan... glad you're having a good time.

Can you stop with the screenshots? You're making the page load slower and taking up a crapload of room for people that already are playing the game.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
so i just beat it

probably sell it on ebay now

Play it again. But do it differently.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
I think karma affects more of getting people to come with you.

I think it also has to do with how people react to you, as well as who attacks you.

For instance... as a good guy, the Talon combat guys attack you. Since I've been playing a bad guy, I've noticed the Talon aren't after me, but the Regulators are.

Count Zarth
11-18-2008, 10:24 AM
I think it also has to do with how people react to you, as well as who attacks you.

For instance... as a good guy, the Talon combat guys attack you. Since I've been playing a bad guy, I've noticed the Talon aren't after me, but the Regulators are.

I'm getting attacked by both and I pretty much murder anyone I please... :)

BTW, Gatling laser = pure sex.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-18-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm getting attacked by both and I pretty much murder anyone I please... :)

BTW, Gatling laser = pure sex.

Hmmm. I'm evil this go around, and I've not seen anyone from Talon Co.

Would you... PRETTY PLEASE... go back and link those screen shots? They're driving me batshit insane.

Count Zarth
11-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Hmmm. I'm evil this go around, and I've not seen anyone from Talon Co.

Would you... PRETTY PLEASE... go back and link those screen shots? They're driving me batshit insane.

Adblock them.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Adblock them.

Wouldn't it be for the greater good for you to just link those big ass images? Not to mention, I don't mind getting images, just not 47 huge images.

Count Zarth
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't it be for the greater good for you to just link those big ass images? Not to mention

Yeah, I guess.

My karma has increased!

Fairplay
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, everyone on this thread has been playing it for a good couple of weeks or so, we know what the game looks like.

Count Zarth
11-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah, everyone on this thread has been playing it for a good couple of weeks or so, we know what the game looks like.

Some people haven't, plus, I like seeing others adventures so post your screenshots! It's a huge game world.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I guess.

My karma has increased!

Some positive "karma" just went your way.

Thank you.

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Play it again. But do it differently.

Nah, just sold it on ebay. Once I know how the game unfolds I lose interest really quick. I probably wouldn't have went back through it.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Nah, just sold it on ebay. Once I know how the game unfolds I lose interest really quick. I probably wouldn't have went back through it.

See, I went back because I ended it too quickly. In Oblivion, the game doesn't end if you finish the main quest early.

This time, I'll save the main quest until I'm essentially done with all the side quests.

Count Zarth
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Fallout is one of those games, like Oblivion, I'll be playing for months. The mods alone will see to that. I can't wait to see what people come up with.

Buck
11-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Fallout is one of those games, like Oblivion, I'll be playing for months. The mods alone will see to that. I can't wait to see what people come up with.

Thats gotta be so cool...

I just cant get into PC Gaming.

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 11:08 AM
See, I went back because I ended it too quickly. In Oblivion, the game doesn't end if you finish the main quest early.

This time, I'll save the main quest until I'm essentially done with all the side quests.

I did an enormous amount of side quests as well, as soon as it became too easy I went ahead and beat the game.

Fairplay
11-22-2008, 02:43 AM
I'm close to ending this game, so i'm just doing some quests and roaming around the map killing before do the climatic end battle.

Basileus777
11-22-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm close to ending this game, so i'm just doing some quests and roaming around the map killing before do the climatic end battle.

I finally beat it yesterday. It's not very climatic. The ending/story in this game is poor.

It's a good game, but Oblivion was better. I'll end up replaying it eventually; probably on PC when some good mods are out. I have too many other games to play right now to bother redoing all the fetch quests that makeup the majority of the game.

Fairplay
11-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I finally beat it yesterday. It's not very climatic. The ending/story in this game is poor.

I was saying that somewhat jokingly, the ending that is. Because that's what others were saying about it.

This game isn't quite my style of game play. But its still good overall.

I need a real FPS. Maybe i will get COD5 next.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QB9ApSJ9nJo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QB9ApSJ9nJo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
11-22-2008, 08:28 PM
PC Fallout players: WANT TO FIRE A FUCKING REAL NUKE WITH THE FAT MAN? HELL YEAH! GET SOME!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=644

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7561/644112273883691ho7.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

QuikSsurfer
11-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Anyone blow the shit outta Megaton at night? It's beautiful.

Frazod
11-24-2008, 12:30 PM

I'm glad I noticed this - I assumed that I'd be able to wrap shit up after completing the main quest - apparently not.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm glad I noticed this - I assumed that I'd be able to wrap shit up after completing the main quest - apparently not.

Yeah. Big disappointment for me. I just assumed I'd be able to finish after the main quest.

Frazod
11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah. Big disappointment for me. I just assumed I'd be able to finish after the main quest.

Not that big of a deal now that I know, though.

Sure is a neat game, though. I've been to a lot of those places in real life, too. The detail is amazing.

Buck
11-24-2008, 02:10 PM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20081119.jpg

Buck
11-24-2008, 02:15 PM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20081112.jpg

Frazod
11-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm in high gear now - I got the Tesla armor, the plasma rifle and the big ass mutant lackey. BRING IT ON, BITCHES! :bang:

Fried Meat Ball!
11-25-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm in high gear now - I got the Tesla armor, the plasma rifle and the big ass mutant lackey. BRING IT ON, BITCHES! :bang:

That guy is awesome.

Basileus777
11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
November 25, 2008 (ROCKVILLE, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced plans to make both its editor and downloadable content available for its award-winning game, Fallout® 3 in the coming weeks. The official editor for Fallout 3, called the G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit), will be available for free download in December and will allow Games for Windows® users to create and add their own content to the game. In addition, the first official downloadable content, Operation: Anchorage, will be available exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® in January, and more downloadable content coming in February and March.
"We've always seen the original world of Fallout 3 as a foundation for even more content. Some created by us, and a lot more created by users," said Todd Howard, game director for Fallout 3. "It's fun to create your own character, but it can be equally fun to create your own adventures. We can't wait to see what the community does with the G.E.C.K."
The release of the G.E.C.K. provides the community with tools that will allow players to expand the game any way they wish. Users can create, modify, and edit any data for use with Fallout 3, from building landscapes, towns, and locations to writing dialogue, creating characters, weapons, creatures, and more.

Three downloadable content packs will be coming to Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live starting in January that will add new quests, items, and content to Fallout 3.
Operation: Anchorage. Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe – the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. An action-packed battle scheduled for release in January.
The Pitt. Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. Choose your side. Scheduled for release in February.
Broken Steel. Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest. Scheduled for release in March.http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-112508.php

Great news, well unless you bought the PS3 version for some reason.

QuikSsurfer
11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Awesome!
I haven't even finished the main quest with my first character. I'm level 19 and have been side questing for a long while.
I don't want to spoil anything so I will just ask: has anyone gotten the boogeyman's hood yet? :evil:

Buck
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
November 25, 2008 (ROCKVILLE, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced plans to make both its editor and downloadable content available for its award-winning game, Fallout® 3 in the coming weeks. The official editor for Fallout 3, called the G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit), will be available for free download in December and will allow Games for Windows® users to create and add their own content to the game. In addition, the first official downloadable content, Operation: Anchorage, will be available exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® in January, and more downloadable content coming in February and March.
"We've always seen the original world of Fallout 3 as a foundation for even more content. Some created by us, and a lot more created by users," said Todd Howard, game director for Fallout 3. "It's fun to create your own character, but it can be equally fun to create your own adventures. We can't wait to see what the community does with the G.E.C.K."
The release of the G.E.C.K. provides the community with tools that will allow players to expand the game any way they wish. Users can create, modify, and edit any data for use with Fallout 3, from building landscapes, towns, and locations to writing dialogue, creating characters, weapons, creatures, and more.

Three downloadable content packs will be coming to Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live starting in January that will add new quests, items, and content to Fallout 3.
Operation: Anchorage. Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe – the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. An action-packed battle scheduled for release in January.
The Pitt. Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. Choose your side. Scheduled for release in February.
Broken Steel. Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest. Scheduled for release in March.http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-112508.php

Great news, well unless you bought the PS3 version for some reason.

All that sounds awesome, but why they gotta hate on the PS3?

I'm sure it will be out sooner or later.

Basileus777
11-25-2008, 10:10 PM

It won't be coming out on the PS3, Bethesda announced the DLC was Xbox and PC exclusive some time before the game was even released.

I'm not entirely sure why Bethesda chose to ignore the PS3, perhaps they feel it isn't worth it to port the DLC for the PS3's smaller user base. Or perhaps Microsoft offered them some.....incentives.

Buck
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
It won't be coming out on the PS3, Bethesda announced the DLC was Xbox and PC exclusive some time before the game was even released.

I'm not entirely sure why Bethesda chose to ignore the PS3, perhaps they feel it isn't worth it to port the DLC for the PS3's smaller user base. Or perhaps Microsoft offered them some.....incentives.

GTA IV's exclusive Content for the 360 was also Exclusive, but now its on the PS3.

Basileus777
11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
GTA IV's exclusive Content for the 360 was also Exclusive, but now its on the PS3.

No its not. The Lost and Damned DLC coming in February is Xbox exclusive, its not even coming to the PC.

Microsoft gave Rockstar a $50 mil loan for that, there is no chance in hell it ever comes to the PS3.

ZootedGranny
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM

Microsoft has a marketing deal with Bethesda, and I'd assume part of that arrangement includes either strict DLC exclusivity, or timed exclusivity.

xbarretx
11-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Microsoft has a marketing deal with Bethesda, and I'd assume part of that arrangement includes either strict DLC exclusivity, or timed exclusivity.

timed yes.

and all the exclusive :cuss: turns me off to the idea of multi platforming games. if your going to jip the public out of money do it right. whats the point of having a game on all systems then later announcing extra EXCLUSIVE content? if it doesnt come out for the ps3 ill never buy another Beth.. product again.

p.s. and no im not going to just buy the game on 360, i chose to get it on my ps3 and NOT my 360.

Basileus777
11-26-2008, 02:06 PM
timed yes.

and all the exclusive :cuss: turns me off to the idea of multi platforming games. if your going to jip the public out of money do it right. whats the point of having a game on all systems then later announcing extra EXCLUSIVE content? if it doesnt come out for the ps3 ill never buy another Beth.. product again.

p.s. and no im not going to just buy the game on 360, i chose to get it on my ps3 and NOT my 360.

It wasn't announced later, it was known months before the game was released. I doubt it is a timed exclusive, no one would bother for some DLC packs.

xbarretx
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
It wasn't announced later, it was known months before the game was released. I doubt it is a timed exclusive, no one would bother for some DLC packs.

well thats almost like saying .... assuming oblivion was released on all platforms. then the shivering isles (or what ever the exp was called) was only going to be available on one system... makes no sense.

if its extra stuff then sure... let the 360 peeps have a special gun or outfit closet... or something like that but.. if the DLC is a major part/upgrade.. then its :cuss:

no worries though, as i just wont buy any more. i think as consumers we can stand the who reasoning behind multi-platforming... but if you miss out on large portions then its best to not buy anything from the company and let them take a F**kiing bath on the whole project.

i say its timing b/c its just like oblivion wasnt initially a ps3 release. if the content is good enough it will "Eventually" come out on other platforms... I.e. Bioshock.

Count Zarth
11-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I have a cool robot buddy. (mod)

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1544/robotet6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fruit Ninja
11-29-2008, 04:00 AM
well thats almost like saying .... assuming oblivion was released on all platforms. then the shivering isles (or what ever the exp was called) was only going to be available on one system... makes no sense.

if its extra stuff then sure... let the 360 peeps have a special gun or outfit closet... or something like that but.. if the DLC is a major part/upgrade.. then its :cuss:

no worries though, as i just wont buy any more. i think as consumers we can stand the who reasoning behind multi-platforming... but if you miss out on large portions then its best to not buy anything from the company and let them take a F**kiing bath on the whole project.

i say its timing b/c its just like oblivion wasnt initially a ps3 release. if the content is good enough it will "Eventually" come out on other platforms... I.e. Bioshock.

It all depends. If there is a signed contract like R* has with MS, then there is no way they will released the content on the PS3.

Sometimes gaming companies need help too, in order to get a little they have to give.

Count Zarth
11-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Wanna see my tunnel snake?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pbyhpsv-6sM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pbyhpsv-6sM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Haha. Of course the only thing better than having a robot bodyguard is having...TWO! The Enclave camp I slaughtered generously donated theirs.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5743/screenshot64ci3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fried Meat Ball!
11-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Clayton... would you PLEASE link those pics?

You're the only person doing this - why slow the page load with all these screen caps. If we want to see them, we'll click them.

You're cluttering up the page, man.

KcMizzou
11-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Clayton... would you PLEASE link those pics?

You're the only person doing this - why slow the page load with all these screen caps. If we want to see them, we'll click them.

You're cluttering up the page, man.You on dial-up or something?

Fried Meat Ball!
11-30-2008, 08:56 AM
You on dial-up or something?

No, I just hate starting to read the last message to have the page skip down because it has to load ANOTHER big ass picture.

And considering the people on this thread are playing the game themselves, do we really need or care to see the screen shots?

Pablo
11-30-2008, 09:50 AM
No, I just hate starting to read the last message to have the page skip down because it has to load ANOTHER big ass picture.

And considering the people on this thread are playing the game themselves, do we really need or care to see the screen shots?I sort of like the screenshots to be honest...and the pics load well before I even scroll down the page.

Yeah, I've played the game and all that, but it's cool to see other folks stuff as well.

allen_kcCard
11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Wanna see my tunnel snake?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pbyhpsv-6sM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pbyhpsv-6sM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Holy shit, now that was awesome.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Let's talk perks again... what have you guys found was worth getting, and not worth getting?

I got the first level of animal friend... it's been pretty nice not having to deal with the mole rats, the dogs, the you gai...

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Let's talk perks again... what have you guys found was worth getting, and not worth getting?

I got the first level of animal friend... it's been pretty nice not having to deal with the mole rats, the dogs, the you gai...

I'd rather get the points for killing them. You're missing out.

One thing that probably wasn't worth it was the perk that gives you gory explosions for a kill shot. It does increase damage by 5%, but after awhile the exploding bodies gets old. I would probably not bother with that one in the future.

I might also increase my intelligence and use the perk that enables you to enhance abilities to increase that, thus giving me extra skills points at each level.

High perception is important, too.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I'd rather get the points for killing them. You're missing out.

One thing that probably wasn't worth it was the perk that gives you gory explosions for a kill shot. It does increase damage by 5%, but after awhile the exploding bodies gets old. I would probably not bother with that one in the future.

I might also increase my intelligence and use the perk that enables you to enhance abilities to increase that, thus giving me extra skills points at each level.

High perception is important, too.

Nah. I didn't pick the perk up until level 18, so there's not a lot of leveling I'm going to get from then on. Holding out "Here and Now" perk for when I hit 20, will automatically get to go to 21, as RedRum suggested.

I wish there was some perk to get the damn deathclaws from attacking. I hate those things.

This last go 'round, I used the Intense Training perk quite a bit to increase charisma, perception and intelligence (8 total). I think the Contract Killer and Lawbringer perks are pretty worthless. Just there to gain money, which I haven't really had much problem with.

There's also a Dream Crusher perk you can get if you talk Moira out of writing her survival guide book - reduces an enemy's chance to critically hit you by 50 percent.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Have you picked up the alien pistol from the UFO wreckage yet? You are limited in ammo, but it's basically a one-shot/one-kill weapon. Very cool.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Have you picked up the alien pistol from the UFO wreckage yet? You are limited in ammo, but it's basically a one-shot/one-kill weapon. Very cool.

No. Where is that?

Frazod
11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
No. Where is that?

In the North/Central area, WNW of Reclining Groves Resort Homes. When you get close, you'll pick up a strange radio signal that will help you find it. There is a wrecked spaceship and a dead alien - look for the pistol and grab all the alien power cells lying around.

There is a huge crater east of Fort Bannister (in the West/Central area) that also has some alien power cells you can pick up. Make sure you grab them as well, as normal power cells won't work. You should be able to come up with about 120 alien power cells. Kills damn near anything with one shot.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 07:03 PM

I love that gun. Also, random UFO encounters will spawn depending on your luck skill. You'll see a smoky trail through the sky and a big green explosion as the trail arcs into the ground. Go out to where the explosion hit and look around and you should find another blaster and some more energy cells.

I linked some screenshots of the UFO with the unique alien blaster, the firelance, earlier in the thread. There's also a cool downed UFO and a dead alien.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Firelance

allen_kcCard
11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Nah. I didn't pick the perk up until level 18, so there's not a lot of leveling I'm going to get from then on. Holding out "Here and Now" perk for when I hit 20, will automatically get to go to 21, as RedRum suggested.

I wish there was some perk to get the damn deathclaws from attacking. I hate those things.

This last go 'round, I used the Intense Training perk quite a bit to increase charisma, perception and intelligence (8 total). I think the Contract Killer and Lawbringer perks are pretty worthless. Just there to gain money, which I haven't really had much problem with.

There's also a Dream Crusher perk you can get if you talk Moira out of writing her survival guide book - reduces an enemy's chance to critically hit you by 50 percent.

Has anyone else tried the here and now at level 20? I saved it until I got to 20 and then when I got there it greyed itself out and I couldn't pick it.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Shit, I didn't realize the character topped out at 20. :banghead:

I'm considering starting over, correcting a couple of things I've fucked up along the way (like drinking too many of the quantum nukacolas to complete the quest). I think I'll be an evile prick this time, too.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Shit, I didn't realize the character topped out at 20. :banghead:

I'm considering starting over, correcting a couple of things I've fucked up along the way (like drinking too many of the quantum nukacolas to complete the quest). I think I'll be an evile prick this time, too.

If you're on PC you can get a mod to unlock the level cap.

Frazod
12-01-2008, 12:03 AM

Cool. I'll look into that. :thumb:

Count Zarth
12-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Just make sure you're not evil. When you advance to 21 it will crash.

There's a code you can enter to gain/lose karma if need be.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Just make sure you're not evil. When you advance to 21 it will crash.

There's a code you can enter to gain/lose karma if need be.

Nothin' quite like cheating the game with mods.

:shake:

My wife does this with a number of PC games... I just don't understand why it's even fun then.

Just like years and years ago with the original DOOM and Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein... how is it fun if you have all the weapons, all the ammo and unlimited lives?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Has anyone else tried the here and now at level 20? I saved it until I got to 20 and then when I got there it greyed itself out and I couldn't pick it.

Damn.... no I hadn't gotten there... maybe I'll use that bad boy at 19 then.

Fairplay
12-01-2008, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the tip Frazod.

KILLER_CLOWN
12-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Nothin' quite like cheating the game with mods.

:shake:

My wife does this with a number of PC games... I just don't understand why it's even fun then.

Just like years and years ago with the original DOOM and Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein... how is it fun if you have all the weapons, all the ammo and unlimited lives?

Once you've finished the game it's always fun to go through with the cheat codes and exact revenge from those pesky situations that pissed you off. You may also find certain hidden gems that you may not have noticed before playing legit. Also the mods can add so much replayability for new quests, lands, weapons, etc that you may enjoy the mods moreso than the original game.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Once you've finished the game it's always fun to go through with the cheat codes and exact revenge from those pesky situations that pissed you off. You may also find certain hidden gems that you may not have noticed before playing legit. Also the mods can add so much replayability for new quests, lands, weapons, etc that you may enjoy the mods moreso than the original game.

I totally understand using mods more more quests, lands, new characters, weapons, etc. But using a mod to make it so you can level up way beyond the game - eventually, wouldn't that make it so you were SO much more powerful than everything else it would take all the challenge out?

I guess these really qualify more as "cheats" than mods, but still.

For instance, ever played Oblivion with 100 percent chameleon on? It's ridiculous.

Count Zarth
12-10-2008, 08:15 PM
This is how I roll:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLquKiU-2zc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLquKiU-2zc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0onQhoPBrA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0onQhoPBrA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

allen_kcCard
12-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Video no longer available.

keg in kc
12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
DLC info: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/937/937202p2.html

Count Zarth
12-10-2008, 09:57 PM
DLC info: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/937/937202p2.html

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7787/picture304sa8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Count Zarth
12-10-2008, 10:02 PM
This right here is why the PC rules:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882301/fallout-3/images/head-to-head-fallout-3-20081027050947508.html?page=mediaFull

:D

Frazod
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Uh, how do I do this?

Count Zarth
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Uh, how do I do this?

Take your pick.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/search.php

Just make sure you have positive karma when you try to advance to level 21.

Frazod
12-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Take your pick.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/search.php

Just make sure you have positive karma when you try to advance to level 21.

Thanks.

I assume you've downloaded stuff from this site with no adverse affects?

Count Zarth
12-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks.

I assume you've downloaded stuff from this site with no adverse affects?

Yeah, it's mostly not even executable files, just an .esp you drop in your data folder and activate from the game's launcher.

I highly recommend this one:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=777

Frazod
12-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Cool. I'll probably download some of this shit tomorrow. Thanks again. :thumb:

Count Zarth
12-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Lots of cool mods...wait until people start making new missions and crap.

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I saw yesterday where you can pause the game power up and shot bad guys in the head. Pretty sweet

allen_kcCard
12-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I saw yesterday where you can pause the game power up and shot bad guys in the head. Pretty sweet

Ummm...different than VATS?

HC_Chief
12-15-2008, 10:09 AM
The alien pistol is frigging awesome. Only problem is the ammo is impossible to find, so only use it when you're in trouble.

There is a video on Live that explains how to find it. It is in the NW wastelands.

Fairplay
12-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure how to get in the White House.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-15-2008, 11:22 AM

Go into your map, zoom all the way in and place a marker there (x on the xbox remote). It'll show you the route to get there.

Cave Johnson
12-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Well, I finally made the plunge. CC dropped the price to $45, and with a 10% coupon and $10 GC (from GTA4), this only ran $30. Can't wait.

Third Eye
12-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Well, I finally made the plunge. CC dropped the price to $45, and with a 10% coupon and $10 GC (from GTA4), this only ran $30. Can't wait.

I just did as well. Getting ready to break into it now.

QuikSsurfer
12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Beat the game a few days ago. Logged 42 hours into it :)
Still missed a few side quests though.

I'm going to start a new character up in Oblivion now. I need to wrap up Shivering Isles

Cave Johnson
12-22-2008, 09:06 AM
First, this should be game of the year and is the best RPG I've ever played (but I'm biased towards shooters).

Second, how the f*** do I clear out all the super mutants at the Jefferson Memorial so that I can proceed with the Waters of Life misson? I spend roughly an hour last night, with no success. I think they might be in the inaccessible mainframe room. Can you wallhack in the 360 version?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-22-2008, 09:43 AM
First, this should be game of the year and is the best RPG I've ever played (but I'm biased towards shooters).

Second, how the f*** do I clear out all the super mutants at the Jefferson Memorial so that I can proceed with the Waters of Life misson? I spend roughly an hour last night, with no success. I think they might be in the inaccessible mainframe room. Can you wallhack in the 360 version?

I had no problems. Did you go downstairs?

Cave Johnson
12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I had no problems. Did you go downstairs?

You mean the sub-basement? I've been over every nook and cranny in that MoFo.

Frazod
12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
You mean the sub-basement? I've been over every nook and cranny in that MoFo.

You have to access the sub-basement through the pipe, not the actual basement door. Access it through a hatch in a ruined room at the end of one of the hallways (near the gift shop, on the main level). You'll come out of the pipe in the basement, and then shit starts happening that furthers the main story.

Bowser
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm juggling this game, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Space right now. I haven't even escaped the Vault yet, just crawled around as a baby and got punched at my birthday party. WTF?

Frazod
12-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm juggling this game, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Space right now. I haven't even escaped the Vault yet, just crawled around as a baby and got punched at my birthday party. WTF?

Butch sucks. You can kill him later if you want to.

Bowser
12-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Butch sucks. You can kill him later if you want to.

The very furthest I've gotten is killing the Administrator, or the father of the chick that is supposed to be the love interest(?). Is that wise, or should I have just talked him out of his keys?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM

Look for the sewer hatch on the sidewalk. Took me forever to figure that out.

Cave Johnson
12-22-2008, 02:40 PM
The very furthest I've gotten is killing the Administrator, or the father of the chick that is supposed to be the love interest(?). Is that wise, or should I have just talked him out of his keys?

Supposedly doesn't matter. He's replaced by a new administrator for a subsequent mission.

Bowser
12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
How many hours does this game go on, anyway?

Frazod
12-22-2008, 02:45 PM

Doesn't seem to matter. You can go back to the vault later. The new administrator's a douche, too. I killed him as well.

Frazod
12-22-2008, 02:45 PM
How many hours does this game go on, anyway?

Just like Oblivion - as many hours as you want it to.

Bowser
12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Doesn't seem to matter. You can go back to the vault later. The new administrator's a douche, too. I killed him as well.Let me guess - you're playing a bad guy? :D

Just like Oblivion - as many hours as you want it to.Wonderful. I should see my kid maybe when she graduates in a few years.

Cave Johnson
12-22-2008, 02:52 PM
You have to access the sub-basement through the pipe, not the actual basement door. Access it through a hatch in a ruined room at the end of one of the hallways (near the gift shop, on the main level). You'll come out of the pipe in the basement, and then shit starts happening that furthers the main story.

Thanks! Any chance you recall where the key is?

Bowser
12-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Allright, I'm blaming you bastards when I get yelled at later for not getting all my stuff done today that I'm supposed to. Time to leave the Vault!

Frazod
12-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks! Any chance you recall where the key is?

IIRC, you can access it at any time after you've talked with dad about it.

Frazod
12-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Let me guess - you're playing a bad guy? :D

Actually, no. Although I might next time around. Assuming I do a next time around.

Wonderful. I should see my kid maybe when she graduates in a few years.

Meh. Kids are overrated. :D

Fruit Ninja
12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I have this on the 360 and willing to trade it straight up for MOtorstorm 2 on the ps3. lol I couldnt get into F3. I gave it a go, but no dice.

Rausch
12-26-2008, 09:21 PM
FREE FAQ/Walkthrough for the tight asses.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/939932/54966

And I keep sitting down to take the GOAT test and nothing happens. I look around, wait, still nothing. Reload the game, try again, nothing.

I must have tried 15 times to take the fucking test by now...

Count Zarth
12-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Talk to the teacher.

Buck
12-26-2008, 09:37 PM
FREE FAQ/Walkthrough for the tight asses.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/939932/54966

And I keep sitting down to take the GOAT test and nothing happens. I look around, wait, still nothing. Reload the game, try again, nothing.

I must have tried 15 times to take the ****ing test by now...

Okay, you must have it on PS3?

Save the game as you are sitting there doing nothing. Quit the game.

Turn the game back on, load it from that last save, and voila!

Same thing happened to me.

Rausch
12-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Okay, you must have it on PS3?

Save the game as you are sitting there doing nothing. Quit the game.

Turn the game back on, load it from that last save, and voila!

Same thing happened to me.

I finally just skipped it and put the pts where I wanted them.

My patience has driven me to the dark side. The evil guy in the bar who wants you to blow the town up, Silver, the bar owner...all iced.

Megatown - Population: dwindling...:evil:

Adept Havelock
12-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Just finished this last night. Brilliant game.

I just wish there was a way to crossover with Oblivion. I'd like to watch the effects of the Experimental MIRV on a Daedric horde during the Battle of Bruma.

QuikSsurfer
12-27-2008, 10:29 AM
I finally just skipped it and put the pts where I wanted them.

My patience has driven me to the dark side. The evil guy in the bar who wants you to blow the town up, Silver, the bar owner...all iced.

Megatown - Population: dwindling...:evil:

At least you have a killer suite now to store all your goodies.. If you decide to purchase a theme, get the LOVE one

Mecca
12-27-2008, 05:03 PM
This stupid declaration of independence quest is getting on my nerves...

Rausch
12-28-2008, 01:12 AM
At least you have a killer suite now to store all your goodies.. If you decide to purchase a theme, get the LOVE one

Not sure I follow.

I figured Supermart (or whatever it's called) was my home base. Used the bed about 10 times while esploring but then once I discovered the med supplies in there I told that dizzy bidge I couldn't find (my bad) I got attacked and hurt big.

Do I just kill the raiders again and take it back as my APT or is it always a random thing where you never know?...

Fried Meat Ball!
12-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Not sure I follow.

I figured Supermart (or whatever it's called) was my home base. Used the bed about 10 times while esploring but then once I discovered the med supplies in there I told that dizzy bidge I couldn't find (my bad) I got attacked and hurt big.

Do I just kill the raiders again and take it back as my APT or is it always a random thing where you never know?...
You never know.

There are two homes for you. If you fix the bomb, it's an empty house in Megaton. If you arm the bomb, you can go to the penthouse in Tenpenny Tower and blow the town to hell. Then you get a room in Tenpenny.

I prefer the house in Megaton, but mainly because I buy a ton of shit, and I like to have as many people to sell to as I can, since I kill all the traveling salesmen and take their shit.

Cave Johnson
12-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Word of advice, do the Megaton mission early in the game. That way, you can use the house/suite to store extra guns & armor, components for created weapons, and items to sell for caps (scrap metal, pre-war books, Sugar Bombs, etc).

I chose to save Megaton b/c it's centrally located, but the explosion scene is boss.

Edit - by icing Tenpenny's goon, you'll have to save Megaton.

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Not sure I follow.

What FMB said.

I prefer the Tenpenny room though

Fried Meat Ball!
12-28-2008, 01:13 PM
What FMB said.

I prefer the Tenpenny room though

The Tenpenny room is better, no doubt. I just like the option of selling to more people and getting more money.

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2008, 02:48 PM
The Tenpenny room is better, no doubt. I just like the option of selling to more people and getting more money.

The security guard in the lobby takes care of all my trade needs.
And dropping nukes from my balcony is priceless.

Frazod
12-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I just nuked Megaton for the first time. Damn, that was fun. :evil:

Who does repairs at Tenpenny Tower?

Count Zarth
12-28-2008, 02:54 PM
I just nuked Megaton for the first time. Damn, that was fun. :evil:

Who does repairs at Tenpenny Tower?

One of the dudes downstairs? Not sure. You may have to let the ghouls take the place over. I know there is a ghoul that will do repairs.

Frazod
12-28-2008, 02:56 PM
One of the dudes downstairs? Not sure. You may have to let the ghouls take the place over. I know there is a ghoul that will do repairs.

Oops. I already whacked the ghouls.

DAMMIT CARL

:cuss:

Count Zarth
12-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Oops. I already whacked the ghouls.

You prejudiced bastard.

I let them in through the basement and they killed all the elitist rich pricks. I relished it!

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2008, 03:19 PM
I got the sandman perk and killed everyone in Tenpenny while sleeping.

Mecca
12-28-2008, 04:02 PM
LOL you guys I'm playing through the game as a good guy the first time....so I don't kill random people.

Rausch
12-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Word of advice, do the Megaton mission early in the game. That way, you can use the house/suite to store extra guns & armor, components for created weapons, and items to sell for caps (scrap metal, pre-war books, Sugar Bombs, etc).

I chose to save Megaton b/c it's centrally located, but the explosion scene is boss.

Edit - by icing Tenpenny's goon, you'll have to save Megaton.

Wait, the sherrif is dead, so how do I save Megaton?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-28-2008, 04:42 PM
LOL you guys I'm playing through the game as a good guy the first time....so I don't kill random people.

I did that the first time, too. Better to kill select people, I think. I don't kill everyone, but I do kill the scavengers and roaming tradesmen.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Wait, the sherrif is dead, so how do I save Megaton?

Might be able to just go and fix the bomb, not sure. Go to the bomb in the middle of Megaton and click it to activate. You should have the option to deactivate the bomb or arm it.

Frazod
12-28-2008, 05:30 PM
You prejudiced bastard.

I let them in through the basement and they killed all the elitist rich pricks. I relished it!

I went that route last game. It was fun.

But it seemed more evil just to kill them.

Frazod
12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I got the sandman perk and killed everyone in Tenpenny while sleeping.

Oh that sounds like fun! :fire:

Right now I think I'll go kill the ants at Grayditch and sell the whiny little kid into bondage.

Frazod
12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Some good news for any evil pricks who nuke Megaton - Moira (the annoyingly-cheerful equipment dealing ditz) survives the nuking and is now a ghoul hanging out at the northern edge of the ruins! If you put her off writing the wastland survival guide, her repair skills went through the roof, and she will still happily repair your shit, although she has nothing to sell anymore.

You can get right up to the edge of the ruins, but will quickly cook the closer you get.

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh that sounds like fun! :fire:

Right now I think I'll go kill the ants at Grayditch and sell the whiny little kid into bondage.

you get a great item for doing this :)
i thought about playing through the 2nd time as a "good" guy... i tried it for a bit but couldn't help but leaving the bullies mother to suffer the wrath of the roaches; not a good start.
no way i finish this game with good karma :)

I don't just run around and slaughter people.. just those that deserve it or piss me off.

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Some good news for any evil pricks who nuke Megaton - Moira (the annoyingly-cheerful equipment dealing ditz) survives the nuking and is now a ghoul hanging out at the northern edge of the ruins! If you put her off writing the wastland survival guide, her repair skills went through the roof, and she will still happily repair your shit, although she has nothing to sell anymore.

You can get right up to the edge of the ruins, but will quickly cook the closer you get.

She can still sell to you. You'll see her again when you reach the museum. You can also finish her quest (very useful item and some good achievement points; assuming you're playing on xbox).

Frazod
12-28-2008, 10:51 PM
She can still sell to you. You'll see her again when you reach the museum. You can also finish her quest (very useful item and some good achievement points; assuming you're playing on xbox).

You can convince her to give up her book - if you do, you get bad karma and the "dreamcrusher" perk, which reduces the change of an opponent getting a critical hit on you by 50%. After that, all other quests are voided.

Which is kind of annoying, because I'm stuck with that goddamn molerat stick in my inventory, can't get rid of it because it's a quest item, and it weighs 3 pounds and keeps fucking me up on my weight.

QuikSsurfer
12-29-2008, 12:10 AM
You can convince her to give up her book - if you do, you get bad karma and the "dreamcrusher" perk, which reduces the change of an opponent getting a critical hit on you by 50%. After that, all other quests are voided.

Which is kind of annoying, because I'm stuck with that goddamn molerat stick in my inventory, can't get rid of it because it's a quest item, and it weighs 3 pounds and keeps fucking me up on my weight.

On your next level up - chose to add an additional point to strength.

but that does blow.

Frazod
12-29-2008, 12:12 AM
On your next level up - chose to add an additional point to strength.

but that does blow.

I actually took the strong back perk, which gives me an extra 50 pounds. Between that an Jericho, I'm doing OK.

Jericho's kind of stupid. I've had to start over from autosave a couple of times to keep him from dying, even though he's armed with a minigun and wearing power armor.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 12:47 AM
All of the power armor guys are stupid I watched some brother hood of steel guys get killed by raiders..

Right now as a good guy my Karma is level is capitol crusader.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 03:44 AM
The plasma rifle from harkness is badass. Not quite as powerful as the alien gun, but more plentiful ammo.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 03:46 AM
The plasma rifle from harkness is badass. Not quite as powerful as the alien gun, but more plentiful ammo.

Well I wouldn't know since I don't kill random people......I'm waiting till I get the perk where I can cut peoples fingers off for money.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Well I wouldn't know since I don't kill random people......I'm waiting till I get the perk where I can cut peoples fingers off for money.

you don't kill him

it's in the android quest in rivet city

Mecca
12-29-2008, 03:54 AM
you don't kill him

it's in the android quest in rivet city

Well I decided to not do that this time and gave the guy the component the woman gave me for good karma...I'm playing through as a straight heroic character this time.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Well I decided to not do that this time and gave the guy the component the woman gave me for good karma...I'm playing through as a straight heroic character this time.

yeah well

I found out harkness was the android, agreed to kill zimmer got a badass gun and a license to kill him. Went down told zimmer harkness was the android, got the perk and eliminated him.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Well that is why I am a capitol crusader damn it!

LOL I figure that game will have more replay value if I play through it different ways plus I figure the heroic ending is one of the better ones...

Either way now whenever I go back into Megatown to my house or into Big Town people always give me gifts.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 04:08 AM
Well that is why I am a capitol crusader damn it!

LOL I figure that game will have more replay value if I play through it different ways plus I figure the heroic ending is one of the better ones...

Either way now whenever I go back into Megatown to my house or into Big Town people always give me gifts.

It's a sliding scale. You could be the biggest bad ass in the world and donate a ton of cash to the church to get your karma up.

Buck
12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Fuck, I really need to get back to this game.

I usually go through a 2 month DVD watching binge, then a 1 month Video game binge, I need to quit watching DVDs and get back to my video games.

jiveturkey
12-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm a weekend into this and having a blast. I did the survival guide and then blew up Megaton.

I'm having issues hacking. What's the trick?

Frazod
12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm a weekend into this and having a blast. I did the survival guide and then blew up Megaton.

I'm having issues hacking. What's the trick?

I'm not a fan of either hacking or lockpicking, but hacking just sucks ass - that's easily the worst part of the game for me (my mind just doesn't process little word puzzles like that well). Basically I just select the first three words out of the mess and quit when I have one option left so it doesn't lock me out. I do that over and over until one of the first three options is the correct one. It generally takes me three or four tries.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm not a fan of either hacking or lockpicking, but hacking just sucks ass - that's easily the worst part of the game for me (my mind just doesn't process little word puzzles like that well). Basically I just select the first three words out of the mess and quit when I have one option left so it doesn't lock me out. I do that over and over until one of the first three options is the correct one. It generally takes me three or four tries.

If you take your Science all the way up to 100, most of the words disappear, making it darn right easy to hack, especially after you eliminate all the duds.

Frazod
12-29-2008, 03:04 PM
If you take your Science all the way up to 100, most of the words disappear, making it darn right easy to hack, especially after you eliminate all the duds.

Never bothered to do that - I've got better things to dump points on.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Never bothered to do that - I've got better things to dump points on.

I took Science and Lockpick up to 100 so that I'd never be locked out of something.

Fairplay
12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
As a general rule of thumb.

Select the word with a [ before and ] after the word.

DJJasonp
12-29-2008, 07:07 PM
We should have spoiler alerts in this thread! :)

That said, I'm loving this game....at first, a little slow, but something addictive about it...now I'm hooked!

Von Dumbass
12-29-2008, 10:27 PM
I am so pissed at this game. It is way to short. There is only 20 some quests only took me a weekend to beat it. Oblivion was much better because of the length.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I am so pissed at this game. It is way to short. There is only 20 some quests only took me a weekend to beat it. Oblivion was much better because of the length.

if you go straight through the main quest then yes. Thing that sucks is when you beat the main quest it's over. There are several side quests which I intend to do first. Hell I've logged 3 days in it the second time around and have barely started the main quest.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't know how the hell you could beat it that fast.....do the stealing independence quest that one is a pain in the ass.

Von Dumbass
12-29-2008, 10:44 PM
I think I did most of the sidequests, I looked everywhere and couldn't find any more jobs to do. So I just said :cuss: it and went and found the dad. I'm only pissed because it is an awesome game, I liked it a lot more than Oblivion but I got a few months into that game before I beat it.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 10:46 PM
There is no way you found all of them, do you have any idea how many little towns there are that have quests in them?

Frazod
12-29-2008, 10:49 PM
There is no way you found all of them, do you have any idea how many little towns there are that have quests in them?

Seriously. The game is as long or as short as you want it to be. Every bit as engaging as Oblivion.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 10:51 PM
I found a little town called the republic of dave.

Von Dumbass
12-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Maybe I got a little impatient but I looked around. I did the good guy route and turned down a few quests with slavers and a doctor... I might play it again as the bad guy after I start on Mass Effect.

Count Zarth
12-29-2008, 10:52 PM
I found a little town called the republic of dave.

There's a cool gun in a safe.

Mecca
12-29-2008, 10:52 PM
There are a ton of quests in the DC area alone.

Frazod
12-29-2008, 10:54 PM
There's a cool gun in a safe.

I need to head up that direction and get the alien pistol anyway - after that I think I'll vaporize Dave.

Von Dumbass
12-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I think I read somewhere in this thread that you can start the game over with your previous character... Anyone know how?

Frazod
12-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I think I read somewhere in this thread that you can start the game over with your previous character... Anyone know how?

Haven't heard of that - although I can't imagine why you'd want to.

KcMizzou
12-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Maybe I got a little impatient but I looked around. I did the good guy route and turned down a few quests with slavers and a doctor... I might play it again as the bad guy after I start on Mass Effect.Ooh... do play Mass Effect. That's a great game.

I got Fallout for (ahem) my boys... I've yet to play it... but one of these weekends, when they stay at their mom's... I'm gonna have a marathon playing session.

Von Dumbass
12-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I'd like to have all the skills I have because I probably missed a few quests along the way.

Rausch
12-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Might be able to just go and fix the bomb, not sure. Go to the bomb in the middle of Megaton and click it to activate. You should have the option to deactivate the bomb or arm it.

That was easy. Just had to up my Explosives to 25 or above.

Wow, life sure is easier with your own pad.

And are the themes or whatever worth buying? Jukebox? I figured no (I'm roll'n with about $450 at the moment) but worth checking.

I'm also having a hard time finding places (outside Megaton) to buy ammo. I've been killing Raiders so I can strip their dead bodies for loot but I'm running through ammo...

Guru
12-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Ooh... do play Mass Effect. That's a great game.

I got Fallout for (ahem) my boys... I've yet to play it... but one of these weekends, when they stay at their mom's... I'm gonna have a marathon playing session.Damn, you and I are way too much alike. heh

QuikSsurfer
12-29-2008, 11:17 PM
That was easy. Just had to up my Explosives to 25 or above.

Wow, life sure is easier with your own pad.

And are the themes or whatever worth buying? Jukebox? I figured no (I'm roll'n with about $450 at the moment) but worth checking.

I'm also having a hard time finding places (outside Megaton) to buy ammo. I've been killing Raiders so I can strip their dead bodies for loot but I'm running through ammo...

I think the themes are worth it, if you've got the coin.
There are a number of videos on youtube of fallout 3 home themes. Give ya a preview.

Von Dumbass
12-29-2008, 11:19 PM

I bought a workbench so that Moira chick would have enough money to bye the loot I brought. Never used it though.

Basileus777
12-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Every sidequest in the game has an achievement, it really isn't that hard to find all 20 or so of them.

Rausch
12-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Cool, found this video from slackjaw.

(minor spoilers)

Nice gun/infinate caps...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZAa93daFiw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZAa93daFiw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>