PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Fallout 3

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Mecca
02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
I don't give sidekicks good weapons....

And I hate deathclaws so I'm not sure how badly I really want that gun...I killed Junders Plunkett earlier.

Frazod
02-04-2009, 12:24 AM
I don't give sidekicks good weapons....

And I hate deathclaws so I'm not sure how badly I really want that gun...I killed Junders Plunkett earlier.

Pick up the alien blaster before venturing into the Deathclaw Sanctuary. With it's limited ammo, the alien blaster is sort of a rainy-day weapon, but in the deathclaw sanctuary, it is definitely raining. :D

And I always give my sidekick a minigun, but make sure he holds on to it.

Mecca
02-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Well I have that weapon but I rarely carry out it with me...

Usually when I see a deathclaw I hit it with the dart gun and then whip out the terrible shotgun.

Frazod
02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Well I have that weapon but I rarely carry out it with me...

Usually when I see a deathclaw I hit it with the dart gun and then whip out the terrible shotgun.

I don't think I've ever found this badass shotgun everybody talks about. I'll have to look for it.

This time around, I'm on a quest to find all the damned bobbleheads, too. I've got about half of them so far.

Mecca
02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
I don't think I've ever found this badass shotgun everybody talks about. I'll have to look for it.

This time around, I'm on a quest to find all the damned bobbleheads, too. I've got about half of them so far.

The Terrible Shotgun is with a bobblehead do you want me to tell you where it is?

Frazod
02-04-2009, 12:32 AM
The Terrible Shotgun is with a bobblehead do you want me to tell you where it is?

Yes, please. This is my fourth time playing through it - I don't give a fuck about spoilers at this point.

Mecca
02-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Yes, please. This is my fourth time playing through it - I don't give a fuck about spoilers at this point.

Ok go to Evergreen Mills where the Raider camp is...you have to go into the building and then through the other day to the "bazaar" I believe it's called you have to work your way through there, there's lots of Raiders and such.

There's a part you'll get to it's down a path and around a corner there will be a trader back there named something Jack, you have to kill him for the shotgun and the bobblehead is on a bookshelf behind him.

Frazod
02-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Ok go to Evergreen Mills where the Raider camp is...you have to go into the building and then through the other day to the "bazaar" I believe it's called you have to work your way through there, there's lots of Raiders and such.

There's a part you'll get to it's down a path and around a corner there will be a trader back there named something Jack, you have to kill him for the shotgun and the bobblehead is on a bookshelf behind him.

Hell, I already did that, but didn't realize the significance of the gun. :banghead: I'll go get it tomorrow.

Thanks. :thumb:

Mecca
02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
If it's fully repaired it does 82 damage...

Fairplay
02-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Hell, I already did that, but didn't realize the significance of the gun. :banghead: I'll go get it tomorrow.

Thanks. :thumb:

Yep. I didn't know about it the first time playing through either.

I youtube'd where to get it and i thought, dang it i was already there.

jiveturkey
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I missed it too.

Can you repair it with the combat or sawed off shotgun?

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Just started over after playing through to about level 13. Want to apply some things learned lately at an earlier point in the game, and want to try Operation Anchorage at a later level, around 10 or so rather than 3.

Fried Meat Ball!
02-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I missed it too.

Can you repair it with the combat or sawed off shotgun?

Combat shotguns will repair it.

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm so used to dealing with light, medium and heavy armor skills in RPGs that it strikes me as odd that I can't do anything to improve the effectiveness of my armor (other than repair it). Hard to carry much other gear around when I'm wearing power armor, but I don't have any intention of raising my strength (or endurance) over 5, in favor of intelligence, agility, perception, charisma and luck.

Kraus
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
For all those doing the Nuka-Cola Challenge, I found a delivery truck with 6 of the Quantum to the east of Old Olney/Deathclaw Sanctuary.

J Diddy
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm so used to dealing with light, medium and heavy armor skills in RPGs that it strikes me as odd that I can't do anything to improve the effectiveness of my armor (other than repair it). Hard to carry much other gear around when I'm wearing power armor, but I don't have any intention of raising my strength (or endurance) over 5, in favor of intelligence, agility, perception, charisma and luck.

dude the chinese stealth armor from the operation anchorage is awesome. Raises your sneak 15 points, can be repaired with recon armor. it's like wearing a stealth boy when you want it.

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm a guns blazing kind of guy. Sneaking isn't for me.

Count Zarth
02-04-2009, 11:14 PM
This time when i went through Raven Rock, i kept everything, all the great heavy armor, weapons. You just get so much. I inched my way out of there with over 1400 lbs. of goodies.

LOL that is fucking awesome. When I play this through more realistically I'm going to be hoarding shit to sell it so I'll probably be doing that. LMAO

Frazod
02-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Well, I got the evile shotgun, but I'm still liking the evile gatling laser. I got a couple of levels and ramped up my big gun skill, and the gatling laser is doing around 130 damage. I'm going to have to advance the story line a bit so I start running into all the Enclave fuckers so I'll have somebody to fight.

I've also got almost all the bobbleheads now.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
The biggest problem with the gatling lazer is it's a rare weapon so it's hard to find anything to repair it with.

I'm to this ridiculous point now where I keep basically anything that will repair the guns I use and I'm up to over 4 hundred thousand caps.

Frazod
02-05-2009, 08:12 AM
The biggest problem with the gatling lazer is it's a rare weapon so it's hard to find anything to repair it with.

I'm to this ridiculous point now where I keep basically anything that will repair the guns I use and I'm up to over 4 hundred thousand caps.

That's why I need to get to advance the story past the Enclave level. After that, you randomly encounter groups of brotherhood outcasts, and one of the three will always be carrying one.

As far as repairs go, if you handle the wasteland guide quest correctly and convince the Megaton ditz to abandon it, her repair skills get really high (and she survives the nuking of Megaton if you're evil and will still repair your stuff). She can repair anything to a decent serviceable level.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 07:58 PM
That's why I need to get to advance the story past the Enclave level. After that, you randomly encounter groups of brotherhood outcasts, and one of the three will always be carrying one.

As far as repairs go, if you handle the wasteland guide quest correctly and convince the Megaton ditz to abandon it, her repair skills get really high (and she survives the nuking of Megaton if you're evil and will still repair your stuff). She can repair anything to a decent serviceable level.

I repair my own shit my repair level is like a 95.

Frazod
02-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I repair my own shit my repair level is like a 95.

I understand - but you have to have spare parts. Annoyingly perky Megaton chick can repair them to an acceptable level for just a payment.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Also I never kill the outcast guys because well the guy at fort independence gives me stimpaks for sensor modules scrap metal, armor, lazer and plasma guns so I have such a ridiculous number of stimpaks now.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Also I never kill the outcast guys because well the guy at fort independence gives me stimpaks for sensor modules scrap metal, armor, lazer and plasma guns so I have such a ridiculous number of stimpaks now.

Well, I just popped a couple of Brotherhood idiots over by the White House crater and got a nice gatling laser to use for spare parts.

I'm not a nice person. :evil:

Mecca
02-07-2009, 01:00 AM
How the hell do you get to see the white house crater?

I don't even have the white house unlocked on my map.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 01:02 AM
How the hell do you get to see the white house crater?

I don't even have the white house unlocked on my map.

You can gain access to the crater through a sewer lid on Pennsylvania Avenue. There's basically nothing left but the fence. Once inside the crater, there are a couple of mini nukes and glowing ones to fight, but the radiation level is really high, so you cook quickly. There's really not all that much to see.

You can access the Pennsylvania Avenue area through the Metro Central subway.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Since I always wear Tesla Armor and I have something like 75 rad away and the other shit I can pretty much avoid any radiation death.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 01:09 AM
I haven't got to the power armor stage yet, although I'm already to Level 16. I've been exploring all the stuff I haven't seen before. It would probably take days to find everything.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 01:10 AM
I haven't got to the power armor stage yet, although I'm already to Level 16. I've been exploring all the stuff I haven't seen before. It would probably take days to find everything.

Ah well I'll say this it's harder to die when you wear power armor....and they give you benefits like rad resistance +20 energy weapons +10 and so forth.

So I pretty much got to that part as fast as possible then started trailing off to the side quests..

Did you ge the blackhawk?

Frazod
02-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Ah well I'll say this it's harder to die when you wear power armor....and they give you benefits like rad resistance +20 energy weapons +10 and so forth.

So I pretty much got to that part as fast as possible then started trailing off to the side quests..

Did you ge the blackhawk?

What's the blackhawk?

Mecca
02-07-2009, 01:58 AM
What's the blackhawk?

A gun...it's basically a special scoped 44 magnum.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 02:11 AM
A gun...it's basically a special scoped 44 magnum.

Nope. I've found the regular 44 to be pretty much useless, though. The only one-handed weapon I use is the alien pistol.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Nope. I've found the regular 44 to be pretty much useless, though. The only one-handed weapon I use is the alien pistol.

Oh damn, you should get it...it does more damage than the Lincoln repeater.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Oh damn, you should get it...it does more damage than the Lincoln repeater.

Oh, why not. Where is it?

Mecca
02-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Oh, why not. Where is it?

You have to do the Agatha's song, quest.

You give her the stradivarius and the sheet music and then when shes talking to you, you click the right speech option and she'll give you the gun.

Personally get a kick out of wearing Abe Lincolns hat.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 02:43 AM
Cool, I'll check into it.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Cool, I'll check into it.

The strativarius and the sheet music are on the same vault its the one that's close to canterberry commons...

I warn you there are mirelurks in there, how I hate those things.

HC_Chief
02-07-2009, 09:27 AM
The strativarius and the sheet music are on the same vault its the one that's close to canterberry commons...

Lincoln's repeater rips them up. Its damage rating is deceiving. It is a one-shot killer in VATS.

3 super mutants, three head shots in VATS, 3 dead super mutants ;-)

It also kicks deathclaw's arse, but that takes three headshots in VATS. Those f*ckers are TOUGH

Bowser
02-07-2009, 04:48 PM
I suck at this game. I keep getting killed at the fucking school when you first get out.

Kraus
02-07-2009, 06:18 PM
The Blackhawk is pretty sweet.

I like finding the special versions of the regular weapons.

Anybody else found the Xuanlong Assault Rifle? It is an Ak-47 that has a 36-round magazine, does more damage, and has pretty good durability. It can also be repaired with the other regular AK's. It is my go to gun when I don't want to waste .44 ammo.

Adept Havelock
02-07-2009, 06:32 PM
The Blackhawk is pretty sweet.

I like finding the special versions of the regular weapons.

Anybody else found the Xuanlong Assault Rifle? It is an Ak-47 that has a 36-round magazine, does more damage, and has pretty good durability. It can also be repaired with the other regular AK's. It is my go to gun when I don't want to waste .44 ammo.

It was my favorite, up until I got the Lincoln Repeater and Harkness's Plasma Rifle.

BTW- If you deliver 20 regular Chinese Assault Rifles to the arms shop guy in Paradise Falls, his stock really improves.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 07:28 PM

Yeah, the mirelurks are the worst enemy in the game, IMO. There's always a bunch of them, too. Fuckers. :grr:

The Xuanlong rifle rocks, too. That's always one of the first guns I get.

I also recently wrapped up getting the slaver guy his 20 Chinese assault rifles, so I'll go pay him a visit soon.

KcMizzou
02-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah, the mirelurks are the worst enemy in the game, IMO. There's always a bunch of them, too. Fuckers. :grr:
I just started playing yesterday, and ran into some mirelurks today. (On the quest where you have to find "The Family" and find Ian West.)

Those bastards are tough. Took me a bit to realize I needed to shoot 'em in the face. They like to duck and cover.

KcMizzou
02-07-2009, 07:57 PM
The game's amazing, though. I bought it for my boys (ahem) for christmas... just got around to playing it.

I'm hooked.

Frazod
02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
I just started playing yesterday, and ran into some mirelurks today. (On the quest where you have to find "The Family" and find Ian West.)

Those bastards are tough. Took me a bit to realize I needed to shoot 'em in the face. They like to duck and cover.

They never get any better, either. It's better if you get them out in the open, because you can easily outrun them and get some extra shots, but in confined spaces three or four of them can pile on and ruin your shit in a hurry. At least the deathclaws (usually) are alone.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 10:08 PM
If you have a hard time with the face thing make sure you have a flamer or the burnmaster and you can take them out pretty fast...

Where'd you get the special chinese assault rifle I don't have that.

Frazod
02-08-2009, 12:10 AM
If you have a hard time with the face thing make sure you have a flamer or the burnmaster and you can take them out pretty fast...

Where'd you get the special chinese assault rifle I don't have that.

It's on a corpse in a diner by the Jury Street Metro Station (west of Megaton). You get clues to it on various monitors in the Museum of Science.

Mecca
02-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Ok I got that gun now...

I'm suppose to meet Hanibal Hamlin at the memorial yet hes no where to be found its pissing me off.

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Ok I got that gun now...

I'm suppose to meet Hanibal Hamlin at the memorial yet hes no where to be found its pissing me off.

maintenance room on the left side

Mecca
02-08-2009, 01:40 AM
maintenance room on the left side

Hrm I tried that.

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Hrm I tried that.

hes never moved on me

Mecca
02-08-2009, 01:43 AM
hes never moved on me

It was annoying me because I was trying to finish up that quest and I was like um after fast traveling I thought he'd just show up.

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 01:46 AM
It was annoying me because I was trying to finish up that quest and I was like um after fast traveling I thought he'd just show up.

Oh, something like that happened to me after I killed him. I just checked the body and it set it straight. Did you kill him?

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Oh, something like that happened to me after I killed him. I just checked the body and it set it straight. Did you kill him?

Oh wait, nevermind. When you fast travel you got to fast travel to the metro station just north and then walk with him.

Mecca
02-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Oh wait, nevermind. When you fast travel you got to fast travel to the metro station just north and then walk with him.

Which metro station?

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Which metro station?just to the nw, close by

Fried Meat Ball!
02-08-2009, 09:26 AM
It's on a corpse in a diner by the Jury Street Metro Station (west of Megaton). You get clues to it on various monitors in the Museum of Science.

I just went there (hadn't discovered it yet), and it's not there... :mad:

Fried Meat Ball!
02-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Goddamnit.

The Pitt and Broken Steel DLC delayed | http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18808/Fallout-3-The-Pitt-and-Broken-Steel-DLC-Delayed/

A Bethesda representative has confirmed to GameSpy that, "the next DLC for Fallout 3, The Pitt, will be out in March. Broken Steel will be out the following month, in April." That's a one month delay for each expansion.

The Pitt will take gamers to the industrial raider town of the same name, located in the remains of Pittsburgh, while Broken Steel will let players loin the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all.

Adept Havelock
02-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I just went there (hadn't discovered it yet), and it's not there... :mad:

You have to do the monitor puzzle from the Science Museum, or it won't spawn.

Goddamnit.

The Pitt and Broken Steel DLC delayed | http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18808/Fallout-3-The-Pitt-and-Broken-Steel-DLC-Delayed/

:cuss:

Fried Meat Ball!
02-08-2009, 09:46 AM
You have to do the monitor puzzle from the Science Museum, or it won't spawn.

Ah! :thumb:

Adept Havelock
02-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Ah! :thumb:

IIRC, it's pretty easy. Prime Number based puzzle, I think.

Here's a walkthrough if you want it:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Xuanlong_Assault_Rifle

At least we're getting the expansions. Bioware promised several for Mass Effect, and all we got was "Bring Down the Sky".

Kraus
02-08-2009, 12:28 PM
IIRC, it's pretty easy. Prime Number based puzzle, I think.

Here's a walkthrough if you want it:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Xuanlong_Assault_Rifle

At least we're getting the expansions. Bioware promised several for Mass Effect, and all we got was "Bring Down the Sky".

Agreed. I'm willing to wait an extra month. It might actually give me time to play some other games. I haven't touch much else since I started Fallout 3.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 01:19 AM
I have so much crap and caps now that I'm to the point that I'm trying to have 1 of everything fully repaired in the game even if I never use it.

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Any of you guys played it on the hardest setting?

Fried Meat Ball!
02-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Any of you guys played it on the hardest setting?

I play on the hardest all the time. I think it's actually easier, especially once you start considering money and ammo.

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking about starting over (again, again), doing it on the hard setting.

I have a bad habit of starting games over about 20000 times until I get them exactly the way I want. Which is part of the reason I don't finish so many, since i eventually get bored.

Fried Meat Ball!
02-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm thinking about starting over (again, again), doing it on the hard setting.

I have a bad habit of starting games over about 20000 times until I get them exactly the way I want. Which is part of the reason I don't finish so many, since i eventually get bored.

My wife is a seeker of the perfect character type of player, too. I tend to start one and run with it. I'm on my third character now, and I think I'll keep this one going through the final DLC.

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
It's not so much about the perfect character - I already know what I want to do stat/skill wise - it's about doing things in a different order. Previously I've done a bunch of side quests before doing the main quest, but now I'm thinking about running straight through the main quest and skipping side-quests altogether until I'm about to start the quest that ends the game. Just not sure what I want to do.

Fried Meat Ball!
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
It's not so much about the perfect character - I already know what I want to do stat/skill wise - it's about doing things in a different order. Previously I've done a bunch of side quests before doing the main quest, but now I'm thinking about running straight through the main quest and skipping side-quests altogether until I'm about to start the quest that ends the game. Just not sure what I want to do.

That's what I did this last time - I wanted power armor early. I've like it a LOT more than the previous characters. Play up until you go to Raven Rock. That'll start spawning the Enclave, plus you can get your Energy Weapons bobblehead.

KcMizzou
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
That's what I did this last time - I wanted power armor early. I've like it a LOT more than the previous characters. Play up until you go to Raven Rock. That'll start spawning the Enclave, plus you can get your Energy Weapons bobblehead.
Where do you get training for the power armor?

Fried Meat Ball!
02-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Where do you get training for the power armor?

The Citadel. But you can't get it until you get there in the main quest.

KcMizzou
02-09-2009, 12:10 PM
This may have been mentioned, but has anyone gotten the dreamcrusher perk?

I talked the girl in Megaton out of writing her survival guide, and got it. It said something like, "your mere presence drains people around you of all ambition." LMAO

It makes enemies 50% less likely to crit you. Pretty cool.

KcMizzou
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
The Citadel. But you can't get it until you get there in the main quest.Cool, thanks.

Frazod
02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
This may have been mentioned, but has anyone gotten the dreamcrusher perk?

I talked the girl in Megaton out of writing her survival guide, and got it. It said something like, "your mere presence drains people around you of all ambition." LMAO

It makes enemies 50% less likely to crit you. Pretty cool.

The best part of this is that afterward, her repair ability goes up to 54, and she fixes your stuff better than anybody else in the game.

L.A. Chieffan
02-09-2009, 12:32 PM
This might be more of a general question than a Fallout 3 question but here it is. I installed the game on my laptop successfully but every time I click the play button it gives me an error message about "Failed to intialize renderer. Hardware T&L required but not supported by adapter."

I think it means that my videocard is not good enough to play the game, is that true? Is there any way to fix it or am I just SOL and need to buy a new graphics card or computer?

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I play as a good guy, so the dreamcrusher doesn't work for me. I also repair my own stuff, so moira repairing isn't an issue. There's some side-quest perks I really like though, like the one you get from the fire-ants in greyditch, that' I'll miss going straight through the main quest.

Somehow on my first playthrough, after the Operation: Anchorage quest-line, I got power armor use, as a bug, and I hadn't even progressed to galaxy news radio yet.

I'm still mixed on what I want to do with my regular perks. I really don't like most of them. I get educated for extra skillpoints and intensive training for the 10 special points, but other than that, nothing really wows me. I got mysterious stranger for fun one time, and did gun nut the last time (which I'll probably do again). Otherwise...meh.

Frazod
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I play as a good guy, so the dreamcrusher doesn't work for me. I also repair my own stuff, so moira repairing isn't an issue. There's some side-quest perks I really like though, like the one you get from the fire-ants in greyditch, that' I'll miss going straight through the main quest.

Somehow on my first playthrough, after the Operation: Anchorage quest-line, I got power armor use, as a bug, and I hadn't even progressed to galaxy news radio yet.

I'm still mixed on what I want to do with my regular perks. I really don't like most of them. I get educated for extra skillpoints and intensive training for the 10 special points, but other than that, nothing really wows me. I got mysterious stranger for fun one time, and did gun nut the last time (which I'll probably do again). Otherwise...meh.

The karma hit you take for dreamcrusher is minor, and well worth it. I repair my own stuff as well, but finding parts for the gatling laser is a bitch.

Fried Meat Ball!
02-09-2009, 12:57 PM

There's two perks that help you find ammo and caps... and they're both well worth it. As is the one that adds 50% damage to insects. I hate Giant Radscorpions more than Deathclaws.

By the way, don't ever fast travel to Old Olney. Three deathclaws descended on me in about 5 seconds. Never had a chance.

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 01:00 PM
The karma hit you take for dreamcrusher is minor, and well worth it. I repair my own stuff as well, but finding parts for the gatling laser is a bitch.I'm probably going to aim for survival expert with the snide responses (results in +6% Poison and Radiation Resistance and +3% crit chance).

I may see how it goes trying the game without raising speech skill at all, skipping all the responses with speech% options.

Kraus
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM

I think you get Power Armor training by playing through the O:A DLC.

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 01:46 PM
There's two perks that help you find ammo and caps... and they're both well worth it. As is the one that adds 50% damage to insects. I hate Giant Radscorpions more than Deathclaws.I've taken scrounger. I don't think you even need fortune-finder. At least I've never had any trouble finding caps without it. I think my current level 13 character has about 5k.

There seems to be a lot of ammo around, too, so I'm really mixed on scrounger. Although that one you can use in place of fortune finder by selling all the extra ammo.By the way, don't ever fast travel to Old Olney. Three deathclaws descended on me in about 5 seconds. Never had a chance.I actually got the deathclaw gauntlet schematic off a deathclaw at about level 7 this last runthrough, for some reason one spawned outside of Minefield while I was doing moira's quest, along with a wastelander. By the time I found him, the deathclaw only had 4 pips of health, so a combat shotgun blast took him out, and the wastelander had the schematic.

Too bad I wasn't a melee toon...

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I think you get Power Armor training by playing through the O:A DLC.I couldn't equip the power armour until I met sarah lyons outside of GNR, so I'm not sure that's true. It may be, and I just didn't realize it, but I'm fairly sure I tried. Until I got through to the Citadel this last run, I thought someone in GNR had taught me how to use it.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
The only thing I ever need someone to repair for me is that Twhatever the fuck armor that you can't repair with anything so I don't wear it often, otherwise my repair skill is 97 so I just do it myself.

Kraus
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Well, I just found the last bobblehead...and I've got every achievement besides the level 8/12/20 ones. I might be done with this game for a bit.

Fairplay
02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
By the way, don't ever fast travel to Old Olney. Three deathclaws descended on me in about 5 seconds. Never had a chance.

True. You can kill those deathclaws with good enough sniper ranges. They won't know where the hits are coming from.

I like sniping and sneak attacks. They are my specialty.

A perception of 6 plus helps also.

L.A. Chieffan
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
This might be more of a general question than a Fallout 3 question but here it is. I installed the game on my laptop successfully but every time I click the play button it gives me an error message about "Failed to intialize renderer. Hardware T&L required but not supported by adapter."

I think it means that my videocard is not good enough to play the game, is that true? Is there any way to fix it or am I just SOL and need to buy a new graphics card or computer?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Simply Red
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Anybody have any suggestions?

Valentino Couture?

L.A. Chieffan
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Valentino Couture?

Listen SR, I have a lunch meeting with a nuclear holocaust survivor in 20 minutes, I.....oh my God is that a watermark?

Simply Red
02-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Listen SR, I have a lunch meeting with a nuclear holocaust survivor in 20 minutes, I.....oh my God is that a watermark?

Listen here mister L.A. Chieffan, Mr. 'BIG-TIME CEO', Alex Rodriguez fessed up for drinking JB Scotch w/ a Corona and flexing his muscles in the mirror while banging these call-girls, QUIT INTERUPTING! YOU"RE MY LAWYER AND I THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW!

keg in kc
02-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Anybody have any suggestions?http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=951892

J Diddy
02-10-2009, 08:44 AM
True. You can kill those deathclaws with good enough sniper ranges. They won't know where the hits are coming from.

I like sniping and sneak attacks. They are my specialty.

A perception of 6 plus helps also.

If you like sniping and sneak attacks the chinese stealth armor is great!!!

Mecca
02-11-2009, 04:04 AM
Now I'm in Raven Rock walking at an extremely slow speed after killing and looting everything.

Frazod
02-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Now I'm in Raven Rock walking at an extremely slow speed after killing and looting everything.

Don't forget to pick up the energy weapons bobblehead - you won't be able to get back in once you leave.

jiveturkey
02-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I ran into some weird shit last night. Fawkes and I scored the map perk and we're basically wondering the wasteland killing everyone that looks at us funny.

We ventured into Vault 106 to get a bobble head and I start trippin'. The screen would turn purple and I would see a clean vault with scientists walking around. Then it would snap back and some "insane survivor" would come around the corner and suck on the end of my plasma riffle. Nice work coming after a gatling laser totin' super mutant and a heavily armored plasma riffle totin' bad ass with a kitchen knife.

Then we made our way down to the Dunwich building for another bobble head and after turning a corner the screen goes white and I start trippin again. The building goes back to prewar condition and I see a dude in a lab coat. Reality sets back in and he's actually a Glowing One and then shortly after that a Dead One.

Did my visit to Oasis put me in LaLa land?

Kraus
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I ran into some weird shit last night. Fawkes and I scored the map perk and we're basically wondering the wasteland killing everyone that looks at us funny.

We ventured into Vault 106 to get a bobble head and I start trippin'. The screen would turn purple and I would see a clean vault with scientists walking around. Then it would snap back and some "insane survivor" would come around the corner and suck on the end of my plasma riffle. Nice work coming after a gatling laser totin' super mutant and a heavily armored plasma riffle totin' bad ass with a kitchen knife.

Then we made our way down to the Dunwich building for another bobble head and after turning a corner the screen goes white and I start trippin again. The building goes back to prewar condition and I see a dude in a lab coat. Reality sets back in and he's actually a Glowing One and then shortly after that a Dead One.

Did my visit to Oasis put me in LaLa land?

In Vault 106.....drugs were pumped in through the ventilation system. That is why everybody is batshit crazy, including you.

jiveturkey
02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
In Vault 106.....drugs were pumped in through the ventilation system. That is why everybody is batshit crazy, including you.
Sounds like a good reason to go back.

What about the Dunwich building. That was extra weird.

Kraus
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM

Not sure, but I'd say it has something to do with the weird statue in the Virulent Underchambers.

Adept Havelock
02-12-2009, 04:03 PM

That was a fun HP Lovecraft reference.

http://www.yankeeclassic.com/miskatonic/library/stacks/literature/lovecraft/novellas/dunwich.htm

Fried Meat Ball!
02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172784

The U.K.'s Official Xbox Magazine (via CVG) has spilled the first real details for Fallout 3's upcoming DLC, "The Pitt." We already knew the extra content will take place in Pittsburgh, but now we know it will be more specifically in the steel district of the city. Players will explore a dungeon area, a steel yard, and a settlement divided into two sections by the haves and have-nots: Downtown is the area for slaves, and Haven is for their masters.

Raiders will be making an appearance, and players will actually be able to interact with them on quests instead of simply killing them all the time. One major quest, the magazine states, has your character assuming the role of a slave to investigate a suspicious claim from one of the Raider bosses. Like Operation Anchorage before it, the new DLC will offer some special gear for those who finish it, including the "Auto Axe" melee weapon. The content may have been pushed back a month, but it sounds like it could be worth the wait.

keg in kc
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Pitt preview from gamespy:Fallout 3: The Pitt (PC) (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3/955434p1.html)

By Will Tuttle | Feb. 19, 2009

The second piece of Fallout 3 DLC is on the way, and we took it for a spin at this year's D.I.C.E. Summit.

I've played a lot of Fallout 3. Between the main game and the first piece of DLC, I've logged close to 100 hours, and I still find myself hopping into the Wasteland from time to time for a bit of the ol' ultraviolence. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to check out The Pitt (the second piece of DLC that will be released in March) earlier today at the D.I.C.E. Summit. While I really enjoyed Operation: Anchorage, I agreed with Gerald's assertions that it really didn't feel like the Fallout 3 that we fell in love with late last year. This was mainly due to the fact that it felt a lot more like a straight-up shooter than an RPG, and while that's not really a bad thing, it's also not what Fallout 3 is all about. Thankfully, The Pitt feels exactly like the main game, as you'll be able to level up your character, hack terminals, pick through garbage cans for sustenance, and generally do whatever it is you like to do.

The action actually kicked off at some point after the start of the mission, as I was already on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. A new character named Wernher was helping me to sneak into a slave outpost in order to find a cure for radiation mutation, and he told me that the only way in was to either pretend to be an escaped slave or a slaver that was looking for employment. Either way, I'd be stripped of my weapons and everything in my possession, except for a single pistol or knife that I'd be able to smuggle in (I don't even want to know the specifics of where or how). After crossing a bridge that was peppered with mines, I reached the gate and tried to talk my way in as a fellow slaver. When the sarcastic bastard manning the gate told me that all I needed to do was head inside to fill out an application, I knew I was in trouble.

Sure enough, I was immediately greeted by a gang of slavers who beat me down, took all of my possessions, and turned me into a slave. But hey, at least I was in, right? Thankfully, a kind woman named Midea was there to help me, and told me that she would be able to help me get what I needed. Alas, that meant "working" for the slavers, collecting steel ingots for their foundry. Apparently the ingots were just lying around for the taking, but I had to journey out into a particularly dangerous area to get them. This area was infested with trogs, a new type of humanoid enemy that is fast, ferocious, and attacks in groups.

Before I headed out to do battle with these new foes, however, I needed to get my hands on a weapon. Luckily for me, one of the slaves in the mill was adept at crafting weapons from the pieces of scrap metal littering the area. He gave me a new melee weapon called an Auto Axe, which is basically a whirring saw blade on the end of a mechanical arm. Now, I didn't use melee weapons much at all during my original playthroughs, but this one was a breeze to get the hang of. All I needed to do was hold down the attack button to get it started and then run toward my enemies (I chose to scream while doing this, naturally) to turn them into clouds of red mist. While the trogs were quick and deadly, I was able to make short work of them with the auto axe, switching to my pistol whenever I ran into a random human enemy.

Although I found all 10 of the ingots I was tasked with grabbing, my time with The Pitt ran out shortly thereafter. I do know that you'll have to fight in an arena of some kind later on, and there were a number of areas that were off-limits to me while I was playing. Since The Pitt takes place in the real Pittsburgh (and not in a virtual reality simulation like Operation Anchorage), you'll have to travel there via train from the Capitol Wasteland, but it remains to be seen just how you'll learn of the quest. Best of all, as someone who went to school just outside Pittsburgh, I was happy to see that the designers created the crumbling city to look just like its real-life counterpart... if it had been decimated by a nuclear holocaust, that is.

keg in kc
03-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Meant to post this earlier this week - The Pitt's officially hitting on the 24th. If you haven't already done it, there's an update life that adds the new achievements and preps the game for the dlc.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I believe The Pitt DLC comes out Tuesday.

I'll be getting it... anyone else?

Count Zarth
03-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Gotta finish Anchorage first.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Gotta finish Anchorage first.

Seriously? That took me one afternoon.

Count Zarth
03-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm a lazy gamer.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm a lazy gamer.

For you, my advice is to skip the gaming and have more fun with the 100-pound chick.

keg in kc
03-22-2009, 03:55 PM

I'll be getting it... anyone else?Yeah, but it'll be a while before I play it. Swamped with work and playing through ME on Insanity in my free time.

I may just wait until the 3rd DLC, for the level cap raise.

Bowser
03-22-2009, 03:57 PM
For you, my advice is to skip the gaming and have more fun with the 100-pound chick.

You aren't making sense to him.

Talisman
03-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but it'll be a while before I play it. Swamped with work and playing through ME on Insanity in my free time.

I may just wait until the 3rd DLC, for the level cap raise.

I'm going to do the same (wait for the level cap raise). I'm almost to level 20 with my main character and decided to put the game on the back burner until the raise to 30 comes out with the 3rd DLC release. I'm hoping they have a package including all three for a slightly reduced price too.

I needed to get to some other games anyway. My backlog is huge.

keg in kc
03-22-2009, 05:11 PM
My backlog is huge.Same here, I played LotRO so much that I'm just now getting to games I bought a year or two ago. Figured I outta get my money's worth, I can go back to LotRO whenever I want...

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
So, anybody have it?

Fried Meat Ball!
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I'll download when I get home.

Frazod
03-24-2009, 12:47 PM

I'll be getting it... anyone else?

I'll get it.

Woodrow Call
03-24-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2421-The-Pitt-Pulled-From-the-Marketplace.html

The Pitt Pulled From the Marketplace
Written Tuesday, March 24, 2009 by Dan Webb

According to a Major Nelson tweet, Fallout 3's latest downloadable episode, The Pitt, has been pulled from the Xbox Live service so that Bethesda can fix the problems that so many of you commented on in this morning's release announcement post.

The folks over at Bethesda just posted the following on their blog;

"We are continuing to look into the issues people are experiencing with The Pitt for Xbox 360. As of now it looks like the file for the English version on Xbox Live was somehow corrupted. We are currently working with Microsoft to remove the existing file off of Live to prevent any further downloads. Our plan is to replace it with a new file as soon as possible. We hope to have another update for you shortly."

Sorry folks, but it looks like you'll have to wait a little longer to feed that Fallout 3 hunger. As soon as it's up, we'll let you know.

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Ouch. That's not good.

Frazod
03-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Is the PC download fucked up too, or just the Xbox?

Fried Meat Ball!
03-24-2009, 02:45 PM
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Apparently the PC version is fine.

Frazod
03-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Apparently the PC version is fine.

Cool. As soon as I wrap up the Anchorage thing (which isn't exactly thrilling me) I'll download it.

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Anchorage was okay for one runthrough, I'm not looking forward to going through it again. Not bad, just not real...exciting.

That 360 corrupted file is bad news, though. This is like bathesda getting back to their buggy roots.

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Downloading it now, and it's 250MB smaller than Anchorage. Not sure whether that's a good or bad sign.

Frazod
Anchorage was okay for one runthrough, I'm not looking forward to going through it again. Not bad, just not real...exciting.

That 360 corrupted file is bad news, though. This is like bathesda getting back to their buggy roots.

I really don't like AI characters tagging along on missions - they generally just mess me up.

Frazod
Downloading it now, and it's 250MB smaller than Anchorage. Not sure whether that's a good or bad sign.

Perhaps I'll wait on your opinion.

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 10:53 PM
I really don't like AI characters tagging along on missions - they generally just mess me up.Yeah, I don't like it if they're not controllable a la Mass Effect or KotOR or any of the older BioWare or Black Isle titles. I'm kind of a micro-manager.

Frazod
03-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I don't like it if they're not controllable a la Mass Effect or KotOR or any of the older BioWare or Black Isle titles. I'm kind of a micro-manager.

Exactly. I finally quit hiring the henchmen in Fallout. They're good for hauling stuff, but that's about it. And I don't know how many times they dropped weapons on me (and of course they don't bother to pick them up later).

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 10:58 PM
The only one I've used is Fawkes. I just like having a supermutant tagging along.

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Ahh, okay, the download was only 300 odd MB, but the file size is actually 80 or 90 MB larger than Anchorage.

Frazod
03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
The only one I've used is Fawkes. I just like having a supermutant tagging along.

I liked the fucker until he dropped my tricked-out mini-gun and by the time I realized it, we were halfway across the map and I'd already autosaved several times. And "FAWKES! WHERE'S MY MINI-GUN?" is not a dialogue option.

keg in kc
03-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Seems good so far. Made it to the Pitt with no glitches. Story is already 10x more interesting than Anchorage.

reiko57
03-26-2009, 12:06 AM
i dont know if i said this before in this thread, but my xbox360 died 2 1/2 months ago.. i didn't care, because there will never be a better game than fallout 3, it took aloooong time for game devs to make a game i liked better than the early psx rpgs (valkyrie profile, ff7) but they finally did with this game..

when my xbox broke, i didn't even care, there wont be any other games that can measure up to fallout 3, over 2000 hours played (without DLC, never had internet), still the only game worth playing, its ruined all other games forever for me.. but its so good that i'm fine with that

Mr Luzcious
03-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Joke post?

Cave Johnson
03-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Fiery industrial hellscape? Check.

Eviscerating new melee weapon? Check.

Non-story based achievement? Check.

Difficult moral quandary? Check.

Me likey. OA was crap by comparison.

HC_Chief
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM

Plus he is the baddest mofo with that chain gun.

jiveturkey
03-26-2009, 09:31 AM
The only one I've used is Fawkes. I just like having a supermutant tagging along.He's easy to hide behind too.

Frazod
03-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Plus he is the baddest mofo with that chain gun.

Until he fucking drops it. :banghead:

HC_Chief
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Until he ****ing drops it. :banghead:

Why'd you give it to him? He comes with a badass chain gun that doesn't need ammo.

Frazod
03-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Why'd you give it to him? He comes with a badass chain gun that doesn't need ammo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "chain gun." Are you talking about a minigun?

HC_Chief
03-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "chain gun." Are you talking about a minigun?

Yeah.....he has a gatlin laser w/ infinite ammo. He shreds with that thing.

keg in kc
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Somewhere frazod is smacking himself on the forehead.

Not that that's an unusual thing.

Frazod
03-26-2009, 10:50 AM
I confused Fawkes with Jericho. Duh.

The last full game I played I was evil and Fawkes wouldn't join me.

Count Zarth
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Downloading now.

keg in kc
03-26-2009, 11:24 AM
I confused Fawkes with Jericho. I can see how that would happen. Ones giant and yellow and the other's- wait, what?

jiveturkey
03-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Is it just me or is Talon Company a bunch of douche bags?

Kraus
03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Fiery industrial hellscape? Check.

Eviscerating new melee weapon? Check.

Non-story based achievement? Check.

Difficult moral quandary? Check.

Me likey. OA was crap by comparison.

Sweet. I'll be downloading soon.

Pants
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Is it just me or is Talon Company a bunch of douche bags?

Most definitely a bunch of douchebags. They do provide you with some of the best armor until end game, though. Always an encounter I looked forward to. Not as juicy as the hapless raiders, but still fun to pop.

Frazod
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I can see how that would happen. Ones giant and yellow and the other's- wait, what?

Oh shut up

keg in kc
03-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I need an evil grin smiley.

bowener
03-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I rented this to play over break (on 360), and played it for about 6 hours (sometimes more) for 3 days straight. It is addicting in a strange way. The game can be boring as **** (as you wander over land to far off places), but it feels worth it once you get to a new place to loot or explore (or blow heads up with the combat shotgun). I must say, I got bored last night after going and getting the Alien Blaster, so I came back to megaton and murdered the whole city in a few minutes... kind of fund ****ing them all over after they were still pricks to me even after deactivating their ****ing bomb.

Some problems.... its crashes.... A LOT! I even did the recommended cache clean, which seemed to make it worse and laggy. Now the game wont load because of a scratch on the disc I guess. Its not very big, but when I load from my saved game it freezes soon after, or says it cant read the disc.

I completed the main story line (except the very ending with the enclave come), and most of the Moira's book chapters (last section on chapter 3--- I was getting the history from Pinkerton and on my way out when it went to shit on me). I had done quite a few of the side quests too. I was wanting to go to the Oasis and see the talking tree, and force its heart to grow faster (wanted to see what that would do in the game). Pretty sweet game though, I love games that let me do whatever the hell I want to do at my own pace... its huge too, and lots of replay value (I want to rerent this so I can detonate the bomb in Megaton, or double cross Burke and collect fromm him, then drill the bastard between the eyes--- after he kills the sheriff of course...).

I am right at lvl 13, with 80 lockpick (I love picking locks), and 65 stealth, and 40-50 on a 5 or so other things I believe (sciene, small guns,...). I think I am going to go rent it again now that I have been talking about it.... dammit! Im addicted!

Also, I dont have live right now, which sucks, because I would like to get the dlc.

Count Zarth
03-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Started The Pitt after the very disappointing conclusion to Anchorage.

Cool so far.

J Diddy
03-26-2009, 08:58 PM
okay so I downloaded the pitt

and virtually every fucking slave in the game has disappeared where in the shit fire can I find a slave outfit?

keg in kc
03-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I got mine about 60 seconds west of the radio tower, where you get the train to the Pitt. Should be a marker on your map.

J Diddy
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
I got mine about 60 seconds west of the radio tower, where you get the train to the Pitt. Should be a marker on your map.

okay, I didn't try that

I figured i had to acquire one first

Thanks

Kraus
03-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Some problems.... its crashes.... A LOT! I even did the recommended cache clean, which seemed to make it worse and laggy. Now the game wont load because of a scratch on the disc I guess. Its not very big, but when I load from my saved game it freezes soon after, or says it cant read the disc.

Hmm...I've never had it crash on my system (360).

I need to finish up getting some random achievements in some other games so I can get back to this one.

Cave Johnson
03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
IGN rates the Pitt a 7.5 due to glitches.

March 27, 2009 - Shortly after it was first put up for download on Xbox Live, the second downloadable add-on for Fallout 3, The Pitt, had to be pulled from a corrupted file. It took roughly a day for Bethesda and Microsoft to work everything out and get a fixed version back up for purchase. Even so, I found this "working" version to be a bumpy ride due to crashes, audio glitches, and other bugs that soured my experience with an otherwise fun expansion. If you make it through The Pitt without any of the glitches, you'll find an add-on that is better than the first Fallout 3 add-on, Operation Anchorage, in near every way. Just be prepared for an experience that isn't fully polished.

The Pitt offers a series of quests that take place in Pittsburgh, a former industrial giant of a city that wasn't hit with the brunt of the nuclear war. It has, however, gone into decay and a warlord has risen up to enslave the local population. When one of these slaves escapes to the Capital Wasteland looking for a savior who can also find a cure for the sickness that is slowly killing everyone, your hero takes up the challenge. And so it's off to Pittsburgh where you'll sneak into the slave colony and work from the inside to topple the establishment.

While Operation Anchorage had a heavy emphasis on combat, The Pitt follows more closely to the style of play that the main Fallout 3 game lays out. You'll do a lot of investigating, find a few side quests, and be forced to make a morally gray choice between two great evils. There's cursing, blood and a distressed population waiting for an evil player to mess around with. In short, if you are really jonesing for new places to explore and quests to complete, The Pitt is just what the doctor ordered.

There are new toys to play around with, too. Aside from a few new perks, you'll find some equippable goodies during your travels in Pittsburgh. The ruler of city, Ashur, has a sweet set of unique armor that you'll definitely want. The main new weapon addition, the auto-axe, is a bloody good time. And if you want to complete a collect-a-thon that requires you to fetch 100 pieces of steel strewn about Pittsburgh, you can earn an achievement and a variety of unique weapons and armor.

Unlike Operation Anchorage, which forced you to do everything in the first run through, you can actually go back to Pittsburgh after completing all of the quests and returning to the Capital Wasteland. Kudos to Bethesda for recognizing that people like exploring areas they've paid for even after the quests are done. There's good reason to come back, too, since the city doesn't just go to sleep and become static after the quests are done.

And in that way, The Pitt feels more like a natural extension of the game than Operation Anchorage ever could. There's a new region, characters to meet and things to do, and it all feels organic and fitting in terms of visual style, presentation, and gameplay. Unfortunately, I ran into more bugs while playing The Pitt than I did in the entirety of my first play through of the main game (which was a relatively smooth expereience). It crashed on me a couple of times. Numerous times characters got caught in audio glitches and kept repeating the same dialogue to me over and over. When I tried to reload a save and play through the end again making different choices, things slowly unraveled until the game became unplayable and my character was continuously attacking without me pushing any buttons.

All of the new content in the download will last you about four or five hours if you do everything. Just going through the main quest line will obviously take less time, and you're looking at about three or four hours to do that.

Closing Comments

If I hadn't experienced so many bugs while playing through The Pitt, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. The download might be a little short for your money, depending on your tastes and how much bang you expect for your buck, but the quests are fun and The Pitt matches that feeling of despair that Fallout 3 does so well. If you can make it through without any glitches, you'll find a lot to like here. Until a patch comes, good luck.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/967/967052p1.html

Fruit Ninja
03-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Will trade Fallout 3 for SFIV if anyone is interested. I only played it 3 times. Its brand new still.

Count Zarth
03-28-2009, 05:07 PM
PC gaming forever

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3157

Buck
04-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, I just put Fallout 3 back into my PS3 for the first time since......NOVEMBER 28, 2008!!!

Wow, 5 Months without Fallout!

Anyhow, don't give me spoilers.

I'm wrapping these in spoilers just incase, but since I am not too far into the game, you guys can all probably read this.

I was trying to do the last mission for Moira's book, the one where you have to go to the City in the very South-East corner of the map. Anyways, I couldn't get past Grayditch without a bunch of Raiders killing me. I am only on Level 7 right now, so I sort of suck.

After dying a couple times, I looked at my world map and realized I hadn't found anything west or south of The Vault. So I decided that I would just explore. Then I found RobCo and the Tenpenny Tower. That was so awesome. I just spent like 4 hours exploring last night.

Anyways, that RobCo guy tried to sell me a Robot for 1000 Caps, the RL-3 I believe. I didn't have the caps, but then I went on a hunt inside RobCo itself, where you can find so much stuff thats worth a lot of caps. After that I had about 1160 Caps and about another 1000 worth of junk to sell. Unfortunately, neither he (RobCo guy) or Moira had any caps so I just stored that stuff in my house in Megaton.

So I went to go buy my robot but he wouldn't sell it to me because the RL-3 didn't like me anymore. Thats bullshit.

Anyways, I can't wait to play again tonight!

Count Zarth
04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
The Pitt was good fun. It crashed A LOT on me though.

I think my favorite part was when you first go looking for ingots. Great atmosphere. I liked having all my weapons stripped away. Wish there had been more Trogs, though. Didn't feel dangerous enough.

Funnily enough I missed the locker with my gear after winning the Arena, so I had to use gimped up stuff to finish the storyline.

The only thing I'll say is that the ending was sort of unsatisfying to me. It didn't feel epic enough.

Buck
04-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Did I ever mention this is the Greatest Fucking Game ever?

Its so fun just to roam around.

I've spent about 12 hours playing the last 3 days, and I've only accomplished 2 missions. The rest I've just been running around killing me some Raiders and Super-Mutants.

I finally found a sniper rifle last night too, which is sick. I cant seem to hit anything with it though.

Anyways, does somebody know of a guide that shows me where I can find all the Bobbleheads?

Also, should I dump my PS3 version for the 360 for the DL Content?

I do have one story-line related question that I'll put in spoilers

Is it better to tell the Doctor in Rivet City that the Android is Dead, or to find the Android? I'm already convinced on who it is, but I could be wrong. I think that hes the Mercenary inside Moira's shop in Megaton.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Did I ever mention this is the Greatest ****ing Game ever?

I've spent about 12 hours playing the last 3 days, and I've only accomplished 2 missions. The rest I've just been running around killing me some Raiders and Super-Mutants.

I finally found a sniper rifle last night too, which is sick. I cant seem to hit anything with it though.

Anyways, does somebody know of a guide that shows me where I can find all the Bobbleheads?

Also, should I dump my PS3 version for the 360 for the DL Content?

I do have one story-line related question that I'll put in spoilers

Is it better to tell the Doctor in Rivet City that the Android is Dead, or to find the Android? I'm already convinced on who it is, but I could be wrong. I think that hes the Mercenary inside Moira's shop in Megaton.
This is a step-by-step guide to everything. Look up the mission's name, or look up bobbleheads, or whatever you want to know.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

As for the mission in question:

Find out how the android is, then talk to him. Tell him you'll help him out, and he'll give you his gun, which is the best plasma rifle in the game, and a permit to kill the doctor guy. Go to the doctor guy, tell him who the android is, and he'll give you his bonus. Just after he gives you his bonus, kill him. You'll get the bonus AND get to keep the gun. As always, SAVE a couple times before you attempt this.

Buck
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM
This is a step-by-step guide to everything. Look up the mission's name, or look up bobbleheads, or whatever you want to know.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

As for the mission in question:

Find out how the android is, then talk to him. Tell him you'll help him out, and he'll give you his gun, which is the best plasma rifle in the game, and a permit to kill the doctor guy. Go to the doctor guy, tell him who the android is, and he'll give you his bonus. Just after he gives you his bonus, kill him. You'll get the bonus AND get to keep the gun. As always, SAVE a couple times before you attempt this.

Sweet. I'm guessing that I didn't get the Android right.

Count Zarth
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM

That's what I end up wasting hours doing. Just walking the wastelands with the gauss sniper rifle, picking shit off at random. Listening to the eerie music.

What I really love doing is picking off cars with my Blackhawk 44. I am become death. Destroyer of rusted out automobiles.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Sweet. I'm guessing that I didn't get the Android right.

What do you mean you didn't get it right? Find Pinkerton...

Buck
04-09-2009, 02:22 PM
What do you mean you didn't get it right? Find Pinkerton...

Is Pinkerton the guy in Rivet City that everyone has different opinions about what happened to him?

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Is Pinkerton the guy in Rivet City that everyone has different opinions about what happened to him?

Yes. If you need help finding him, let me know.

Buck
04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
No, I will find him. I just wasn't sure if I was on the same page.

I'm trying to keep all my Rivet City stuff to a minimum until I build up.

I'm only Level 8 right now.

Buck
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
From what I hear the DLC isn't worth it.

Count Zarth
04-09-2009, 05:20 PM
From what I hear the DLC isn't worth it.

The Pitt was. Anchorage was just pretty. Oh, of course I didn't pay.

Delano
04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
No, I will find him. I just wasn't sure if I was on the same page.

I'm trying to keep all my Rivet City stuff to a minimum until I build up.

I'm only Level 8 right now.

Good luck with that. I couldn't find him without an internet hint.

Buck
04-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Really?

I'll try it by myself first, then maybe I'll come back.

I want to find the bobbleheads though.

J Diddy
04-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Really?

I'll try it by myself first, then maybe I'll come back.

I want to find the bobbleheads though.

I will tell you this without too many spoilers

there are 2 that you only have one opportunity to get (1 you actually get a second chance)

Buck
04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
So far I got the Strength one, which is probably the Easiest,

Then I got the Repair one I think...

Whichever one is in RobCo

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2009, 06:40 PM

I lucked into finding him the first time.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2009, 06:41 PM

Whichever one is in RobCo

There's one in Vault 101 that you can have two chances to get. There's one in the Raven Rock you only get one chance to get.

You've been warned.

Fairplay
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM

If you missed out on the Science one then that is sad.

Buck
04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
There's one in Vault 101 that you can have two chances to get. There's one in the Raven Rock you only get one chance to get.

You've been warned.

I couldn't get back into the Vault, it said that it was being activated from Elsewhere.

I know that you cant kill the chick's dad when you are young or else you cant get it...

Anyways, this game rulez.

P.S., whats the best way of acquiring XP quickly so I can level up faster?

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I couldn't get back into the Vault, it said that it was being activated from Elsewhere.

I know that you cant kill the chick's dad when you are young or else you cant get it...

Anyways, this game rulez.

P.S., whats the best way of acquiring XP quickly so I can level up faster?

Kill, kill, kill.

There's also a perk that will give you extra experience.

J Diddy
04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Kill, kill, kill.

There's also a perk that will give you extra experience.

and hacking computers...

Remember if you can't figure it out in 3 tries back out of it and it will reset or on the 4th it will lock you out.

Buck
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I realized that I didn't get that Bobblehead at Robco, I got it at the Dunwich Building.

It was the Melee Attack Bobblehead, which sucks because I've completely left points off Melee, so it doesn't really help me.

Mecca
04-09-2009, 07:32 PM
The Dunwhich building creeps me out.

Buck
04-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Found Pinkerton w/out help.

Not nearly as hard as some of you claimed it to be.

Count Zarth
04-09-2009, 11:26 PM
The Dunwhich building creeps me out.

What's in there?

edit - wiki answered. I'll have to check it out.

Buck
04-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice. That was fun.

J Diddy
04-09-2009, 11:50 PM
What's in there?

edit - wiki answered. I'll have to check it out.

It's damn sure weird.

Buck
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
My game has been freezing a lot lately.

Last night when I exited a Train Station the screen was just black. I let it sit for 5 minutes and nothing happened so I turned off my PS3.

I swear if it corrupted my Data, and I have to start over, I'll be so pissed!!!

jiveturkey
04-10-2009, 10:17 AM
The Dunwhich building creeps me out.Me too. I went into it shortly after exiting the vault with the weird gas that makes you see weird shit. That was a weird night.

Buck
04-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Me too. I went into it shortly after exiting the vault with the weird gas that makes you see weird shit. That was a weird night.

Weird gas?

You know when I was going to find Pinkerton, I was looking down a hallway then all of the sudden I saw a guy getting flamed and burning to death then he was gone.

Also when I was in the Dunwich building, I saw this guy walking with the lights on, then all of the sudden, the lights were off and the Guy was a Glowing One.

Frazod
04-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I finally burned out on this, just like I did Oblivion.

In fact, I haven't played anything in a couple of weeks. I need a new game.

J Diddy
04-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Me too. I'll go a couple of weeks without playing then two weeks on, thus far coinciding with the release of the expansion packs.

Buck
04-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I went 4 months w/out playing, and its more fun now.

Count Zarth
04-10-2009, 11:55 AM

Yep the experience was very similar. Downhill in a lot of ways. I enjoyed the first 15 hours more than the last 15. I think I have about 40 put in now.

Delano
04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
It looks like the PS3 version of Fallout 3 will be coming up on the Amazon.com Gold Box Lightning deals in about 30 minutes (5 PM CST).

Buck
04-13-2009, 03:30 PM
It looks like the PS3 version of Fallout 3 will be coming up on the Amazon.com Gold Box Lightning deals in about 30 minutes (5 PM CST).

If its $30 or less, buy it sight unseen. You can still get $25 for it at Gamestop I believe.

jiveturkey
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Weird gas?

You know when I was going to find Pinkerton, I was looking down a hallway then all of the sudden I saw a guy getting flamed and burning to death then he was gone.

Also when I was in the Dunwich building, I saw this guy walking with the lights on, then all of the sudden, the lights were off and the Guy was a Glowing One.I'm talking about a Vault that you'll probably eventually crawl into. It's loaded with crazies because of some experimental gas. The gas gets to you and you start seeing a clean well kept vault and everyone looks normal. You pop in and out of the weirdness. It's fun.

Rausch
04-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I planned to complete all the side quests and claim all the goodies before ending the game but it seems lilke the last 2 hrs or so of gameplay are all tied pretty close. I flubbed up and won it.

Think I'll completely start over. Never got the cool gun from that chick you give the audio tape to. Never went into the slaver area. Never discovered about 1/2 the map. I think I got 4 bobble heads.

I thought the ending to the game was...meh...

keg in kc
04-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Bethesda announced a new Fallout title in London today - Fallout: New Vegas.

It's apparently not a sequel to Fallout 3 and will involve a completely new story and characters. Expected out sometime in 2010, it's being developed by Obsidian, the guys responsible for KotOR 2.

keg in kc
04-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Broken Steel release day is officially 5/5.

And the old ending is supposedly completely removed from the game.

keg in kc
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Early article on Broken Steel, good read:Broken Steel: What You Need to Know (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3-broken-steel/975157p1.html)

By Will Tuttle | Apr 21, 2009

The third Fallout 3 DLC pack is nearly upon us, but are you ready for it?

Spiffy: Removes the endgame; increases the level cap to 30; new weapons, enemies, and perks.

Iffy:Will the content be any longer than the other DLC packs? How long will it really take to get to level 30?

I've played a ton of Fallout 3 since its release last year (I'm pretty sure the scientific term is actually a "shitload"), both the main game and each of its DLC packs. While Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt were both well-received by critics and fans alike, many Fallout 3 fanatics have been waiting for the release of Fallout 3: Broken Steel to finish the main game's storyline and take a whack at the rest of the DLC. This is largely due to the fact that Broken Steel will remove not only the game's level cap, but also get rid of the current endgame.

Until this week that was all I really knew about this third and possibly final DLC pack, which is currently slated for a May 5th release on the Xbox 360 and PC. But yesterday I attended Bethesda's press event in London, where journalists from around the world were finally given a first look at Broken Steel. While to the uninitiated it might just look like more Fallout 3, there were a number of things that immediately stood out to yours truly.

Home Sweet Home

While The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage both took place outside of the Capital Wasteland, the entirety of Broken Steel unfolds in various locales around the world map. After waking up in The Citadel nearly two weeks after the events that originally marked the end of the game (all we'll say about that is that you can now send some companions into the reactor instead of doing it yourself), you'll be able to head right out and return to doing whatever it was your character did in his or her spare time, be it completing side missions or just terrorizing the local populace of ghouls and raiders.

If you visit the location of Project Purity, you'll now notice clean water flowing from the pipes, and a quick trip inside will prove that, despite the fact that you've changed the future of the region, things still aren't perfect. You'll be able to take some side missions that involve actually getting said water to the denizens of the Wasteland, but this isn't the main quest of Broken Steel.

No, the main quest revolves around the ever-escalating war between The Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel, a struggle that the Brotherhood wants to end decisively. You'll be tasked with infiltrating an electrical substation of some type, where you'll need to find a tesla coil to build a new super-weapon called a Tesla Cannon. The Brotherhood believes that this is the key to victory, and finding it will allow you to launch into the second part of the quest: finding the last Enclave stronghold.

It turns out that said stronghold is actually [possible spoiler alert] in the remains of Adams Air Force base, a new location in the existing world (it's located in the southwest corner of the map). The base offers up some of the toughest combat scenarios I've seen in my entire run of Fallout 3.

More good news: Beating Broken Steel still won't end the game. You bitched and moaned, Bethesda listened!

Now With 30% More Evil

One of the first things I noticed about Broken Steel is the fact that it will feature a bunch of new enemies, provided your character is above level 18. The Feral Ghoul Reavers are similar to their creepy cousins, but they pack quite a bit more punch, tossing grenades with reckless abandon, safe in the knowledge that they're covered with heavy body armor. Speaking of armor, the new Enclave Hellfire Troopers that you'll encounter in the military base are wearing some stylish new gear, as well as sporting a badass new weapon that we'll talk about later. Finally there are the new Supermutant Overlords, which I unfortunately didn't get to see. I only pray they're tougher than the Supermutant Behemoths that I was taking out with ease by the end of the main game. Those guys were wusses.

Packin' Heat

In each of the DLC packs players have gotten to play around with some new weaponry. That's again the case here, but nothing I've seen so far could prepare me for the awesome might of the Tesla Cannon. This heavy weapon looks like a missile launcher at first glance, but instead of a projectile it fires bolts of electricity that can decimate even the game's toughest enemies with a single shot. Seriously, this bad boy can even blow a Vertibird out of the sky before it can drop off Enclave troops. Simply awesome. There's also a Hellfire weapon that fires flame-based projectiles, but I was too busy drooling over the Tesla Cannon to even bother checking out that one.

Awwww, Wookit the Mangy Wittle Puppy!

As you'll finally be able to progress past the current cap at level 20 to level 30, the folks at Bethesda were kind enough to add some new Perks for players to enjoy. Unfortunately, VP of Marketing Pete Hines only mentioned one during his presentation, but it sounds like a great one. If you've got Dogmeat in your party, you'll be able to activate the Puppies! perk, which will "reincarnate" your canine companion as a puppy if he perishes in battle. We didn't get to see this happen, but we were told that Dogmeat Jr. (who I'm sure is adorable) will meet you at a certain location and will continue to come back from the dead over and over again.

Personally I'm hoping there's also a Fawkes-based perk that allows the brainy Brute to read aloud to you as you traverse the Wasteland.

It's a Long Way to the Top...

For most Fallout 3 fans the new level cap will really be Broken Steel's selling point. As I mentioned, you'll now be able to go all the way up to level 30, picking up new perks along the way. After the DLC was announced, a lot of people didn't even bother finishing the game once they hit level 20, and it looks like they may have had the right idea. You're going to need whatever experience points you can get, as the developers have made it very difficult to max out your character, as the points you need to level up increase dramatically as you get closer to 30. Hines didn't mention a specific amount of time except to say, "It'll take a long time." I'm hopeful that one of the new achievements (yes, Broken Steel will have them, too) revolves around hitting level 30 with good, evil, and neutral alignments. I'm going to win the race to be the first to get that one!

Well folks, I hope this helps you prepare for Fallout 3: Broken Steel, and has possibly even convinced you to start a new game over from scratch after it's released. As someone who basically flushed thousands of experience points down the toilet after hitting level 20, I'm certainly considering it. Level 30, here I come!

Cave Johnson
04-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Bump, with a new preview.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/974/974312p1.html

Kraus
05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Broken Steel trailer:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=48842"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=48842" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

Fried Meat Ball!
05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Anyone got Broken Steel yet?

QuikSsurfer
05-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm going to try and wait until they release all 3 updates for one price.
Maybe on a cd?

Fried Meat Ball!
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Downloading now...

Fairplay
05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Dogmeat wasn't very much help at all.

I think i will pass on the puppy perk.

Cave Johnson
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
It's solid, but they need a fix so that my damn achivement points are credited to my total.

hishighness
05-08-2009, 07:06 AM
God I still haven't played Fallout 1. I'm so far behind the curve it looks like a strait line now. Damn I need a new computer.

Cave Johnson
05-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm going for the level 30 evil achievement (which isn't hard, btw). But, the game designers won't let you kill kids. What the hell? Enslaving them is ok, but no killing. Seems like a pretty arbitrary line.

Count Zarth
05-10-2009, 02:20 PM
There's a mod to off the little tykes.

Frazod
05-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I took a couple of months off, but I started playing again over the weekend. I downloaded the new ending, but I'm way behind in the main storyline.

The Pitt was pretty cool.

DJJasonp
05-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Over the weekend....my PS3 froze (loaded SONY ENTERTAINMENT....but then nothing after that)....

After hours of tinkering with support, etc....the good news: brought it back to life. The bad news: had to restore to factory settings....

So EVERYTHING on the hard-drive went bye-bye....including my level 20 character on Fallout 3.....countless days/months of work on a great game.....poof...gone!

Thankfully, I did get to see the ending (no expansions downloaded yet)....but I played the game not straying to far off the main story path.....so I had quite a few missions left to do/accomplish.

HOrrible....horrible.

But, I guess I now start it all over again....maybe this time I'll not be such a nice-guy throughout the wasteland...

Count Zarth
05-19-2009, 10:36 AM
SWEET! ALIENS!

There are also two new DLCs planned for all three platforms:

Point Lookout Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
Mothership Zeta The aliens have returned, and they're pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you're tough enough to survive.

Point Lookout will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Point Lookout will be available on PS3 after the first three DLCs have been released.

Mothership Zeta is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Mothership Zeta will be available on PS3 after Point Lookout.Hopefully we get more of these aliens:

keg in kc
05-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Those of you on PC, i learned something new with Broken Steel. If you go through the zune marketplace instead of the windows live marketplace, you can buy points in increments of 400, instead of 1200. So no wasting $$$ if you're only there to buy one thing.

jiveturkey
05-19-2009, 11:57 AM
So some of this DLC shit is finally coming to PS3?

Cave Johnson
05-19-2009, 12:01 PM
FYI, if you haven't bought the DLC, or the game, or have a PS3, they're releasing GOTY editions in October with all 5 add-ons. Hella deal for $60.

Cave Johnson
05-19-2009, 12:07 PM
More details. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/984/984129p1.html

Frazod
05-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm rehooked after taking a couple of months off and loving it.

I downloaded Broken Steel and am now working towards completing the original story line again. My character just hit Level 23.

The new boss creatures are tough as shit - if you don't pay attention and mistake them for their similar lower level counterparts, when you attack them, instead of dying in a loud grotesque military manner, they just turn around and start kicking your ass.

The Chinese stealth armor from the Anchorage mod absolutely rules - that, combined with the Ninja perk and the Deathclaw gauntlet, make for some highly entertaining close combat sneak attacks. The tri-laser gun you get from boss mutants is awesome, too.

Buck
05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
SWEET! ALIENS!

Hopefully we get more of these aliens:

From what I read there it says after they release the first 3 DLC for the PS3, so it sounds like the PS3 is finally getting DLC. YES!

So some of this DLC shit is finally coming to PS3?
YES! WOOOO!

FYI, if you haven't bought the DLC, or the game, or have a PS3, they're releasing GOTY editions in October with all 5 add-ons. Hella deal for $60.
Damnit. I wonder what the DLC will cost for the PS3.

I'm rehooked after taking a couple of months off and loving it.

I downloaded Broken Steel and am now working towards completing the original story line again. My character just hit Level 23.

The new boss creatures are tough as shit - if you don't pay attention and mistake them for their similar lower level counterparts, when you attack them, instead of dying in a loud grotesque military manner, they just turn around and start kicking your ass.

The Chinese stealth armor from the Anchorage mod absolutely rules - that, combined with the Ninja perk and the Deathclaw gauntlet, make for some highly entertaining close combat sneak attacks. The tri-laser gun you get from boss mutants is awesome, too.

I have gotten back to this game a couple times after month(s) long breaks, and its always fun.

Frazod
05-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm glad about the alien thing - I need some more ammo for my kick-ass pistol.

keg in kc
05-19-2009, 12:54 PM
I think I'm going to start playing it again tonight, although it's hard to find time now that I'm in lotro again.

I'm actually starting all the way over. Well, not all the way, but the first time into Megaton. I remember the first time that I loved the character creation and the intial level in Vault 101, but now...I just can't do it again.

Count Zarth
05-19-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm glad about the alien thing - I need some more ammo for my kick-ass pistol.

I'm mostly glad because they teased us with it in the original release. A crashed UFO, a body, a gun and cryptic journal entries scattered about the wasteland about "invaders" or somesuch. Now hopefully they're expanding on the classic 60's extraterrestrial genre....creepy, over the top aliens with cheesy gadgets.

I love it!

Buck
05-19-2009, 01:08 PM
So what is this Fallout: Vegas by Obsidian?

Do you think it will even be able to sniff Fallout 3 by Bethesda?

Cave Johnson
05-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Damnit. I wonder what the DLC will cost for the PS3.

Probably the same as it does on XBL, $10 per. The fiscally sound thing to do would be to sell your copy and rebuy it when the GOTY edition comes out, assuming you can wait an extra few months.

Buck
05-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Probably the same as it does on XBL, $10 per. The fiscally sound thing to do would be to sell your copy and rebuy it when the GOTY edition comes out, assuming you can wait an extra few months.

I cant do that.

Frazod
05-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm mostly glad because they teased us with it in the original release. A crashed UFO, a body, a gun and cryptic journal entries scattered about the wasteland about "invaders" or somesuch. Now hopefully they're expanding on the classic 60's extraterrestrial genre....creepy, over the top aliens with cheesy gadgets.

I love it!

I read (either in the Prima guide or online somewhere) that if your luck is high enough, if you wander around at night a random game event is the crashing of a UFO, which will have spare ammo for the pistol. I've never seen it, though.

Count Zarth
05-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I read (either in the Prima guide or online somewhere) that if your luck is high enough, if you wander around at night a random game event is the crashing of a UFO, which will have spare ammo for the pistol. I've never seen it, though.

Yes. I've only seen it happen once though and couldn't find the downed saucer. I raised my luck just for these occurrences, too! :cuss:

Mr. Krab
05-19-2009, 01:27 PM
I just started to play this. It looks like Oblivion with guns instead of magic. True?

Count Zarth
05-19-2009, 01:30 PM
I just started to play this. It looks like Oblivion with guns instead of magic. True?

Yes, but it also has a much cooler atmosphere than "generic fantasy setting." Plus lots more cursing.

Frazod
05-19-2009, 01:39 PM

The one thing I like about this is you don't get the sense that you're going through the exact same dungeon/ruin/cave over and over and over. Granted, Oblivion was a great game, and it did take quite a while for it to get repetitive, but once it did, that was it for me.

The one thing Oblivion had that I really liked that Fallout doesn't have at all was the various guild quests. I really enjoyed those, especially the assassin's guild. That's something they could definitely throw in later in Fallout.

keg in kc
05-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Oblivion's world didn't draw me in the way Morrowind's did. That was my main problem with the game. The locations didn't seem all that interesting, and I felt like I was spending hours wandering around aimlessly from place I didn't care about to place I didn't care about. So I never finished.

Frazod
05-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Oblivion's world didn't draw me in the way Morrowind's did. That was my main problem with the game. The locations didn't seem all that interesting, and I felt like I was spending hours wandering around aimlessly from place I didn't care about to place I didn't care about. So I never finished.

Morrowind was a much better looking game. Unfortunately, the combat sucked balls. I tried to play it after Oblivion, which didn't help. Never finished it.

keg in kc
05-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Yes. I've only seen it happen once though and couldn't find the downed saucer. I raised my luck just for these occurrences, too! You need to find it to get the firelance, as I recall.

Count Zarth
05-19-2009, 03:47 PM
You need to find it to get the firelance, as I recall.

There's a generic alien blaster you find on the already downed ship. That's where you find the body. I don't believe the random ones have bodies. Could be wrong.

keg in kc
05-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Morrowind was a much better looking game. Unfortunately, the combat sucked balls. I tried to play it after Oblivion, which didn't help. Never finished it.Neither one is is high on my list of RPGs. I prefer linear to open-ended. IE BG series, KotOR. The Elder Scrolls games have seemed to me more about the environment than the actual story.

keg in kc
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
There's a generic alien blaster you find on the already downed ship. That's where you find the body. I don't believe the random ones have bodies. Could be wrong.Firelance (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Firelance) is the enhanced version of the alien blaster.

Frazod
05-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Neither one is is high on my list of RPGs. I prefer linear to open-ended. IE BG series, KotOR. The Elder Scrolls games have seemed to me more about the environment than the actual story.

God knows the main story in Oblivion was one of the lamer aspects of the game. As I said, advancing through the various guilds was the funnest part for me.

jiveturkey
05-21-2009, 07:42 AM
This is great news for all of us PS3 owners. I'll have to fire up the game and continue operation pillage. I've got all of the bobble heads and most of the storyline done. I stopped playing a couple of months ago with hopes that the DLC's would become available.

Buck
05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
You know what sucks?

Going home after work, getting home around 6 and then firing up the game. Not wanting to waste your whole night on Fallout 3, so you can only get 2 good hours in, but it feels like you barely played.

I had to make a trip out to the Republic of Dave last night and my closest location was Minefield, which made me happy because I hadn't explored any of the North East area of the map yet, so I got to do my favorite thing last night which is just to roam around.

I did have my first encounter with a Sentinel Robot or whatever its called.

keg in kc
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
I reloaded the random encounter at the farm behind the door to Vault 101 for a half hour until the Firelance event finally happened.

For me, there was no ship or body, just an explosion in the sky, and the gun and ammo (supposedly 24 rounds - I found 7 so far) on the ground. So that could be why people (including me) have had trouble finding it when they see the event. And apparently NPCs can and do pick up (and use) the gun.

KcFanInGA
05-24-2009, 11:19 AM
God knows the main story in Oblivion was one of the lamer aspects of the game. As I said, advancing through the various guilds was the funnest part for me.

Agreed, I hated the main quest in Oblivion, but Fallout's is keeping me glued. I do wish they would put some guilds in fallout, maybe in New Vegas which is due out in 2010?

Buck
05-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I've had my first encounter with Deathclaws. Then I found the Old Olney and the Olney Sewers. Fuck. At least being a level 20 with the Lincoln repeater + the AP refill perk (Grim Reaper I think) I am able to kill all of them. They do some major damage though.

Count Zarth
05-24-2009, 03:31 PM
I've had my first encounter with Deathclaws. Then I found the Old Olney and the Olney Sewers. Fuck. At least being a level 20 with the Lincoln repeater + the AP refill perk (Grim Reaper I think) I am able to kill all of them. They do some major damage though.

Deathclaws are about the one thing that scare me in this game. I need to venture into Old Olney. I hear there's a gatling laser down there. I need to get mine repaired up to 100 percent.

Buck
05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Deathclaws are about the one thing that scare me in this game. I need to venture into Old Olney. I hear there's a gatling laser down there. I need to get mine repaired up to 100 percent.

I was there for about 20 minutes, didn't find it.

One weird thing that happened to me is that I was walking the southwest portion of the map and I saw a Deathclaw about 40 yards ahead of me, then all the sudden it flew into the air and got smaller and smaller until it was a little dot then I couldn't see it anymore. I'm guessing thats a glitch.

QuikSsurfer
05-24-2009, 04:12 PM
I've just picked this game back up after a few months of beating it. I'm still holding off for a DLC bundle to come out for the updates.
So I picked back up on an old save, around level 21, and decided to do some exploring in empty areas on my map. This was going great until I came upon a cave in the Northwest that was called Deathclaw Sanctuary...
I've got 3 bottlecap mines left.

Buck
05-24-2009, 04:14 PM
I've just picked this game back up after a few months of beating it. I'm still holding off for a DLC bundle to come out for the updates.
So I picked back up on an old save, around level 21, and decided to do some exploring in empty areas on my map. This was going great until I came upon a cave in the Northwest that was called Deathclaw Sanctuary...
I've got 3 bottlecap mines left.

I read that the Deathclaws were smart enough to avoid mines, is this not true?

QuikSsurfer
05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I read that the Deathclaws were smart enough to avoid mines, is this not true?

I haven't used a proximity mine on one yet.. but the bottlecap mines seem to work great. I don't remember killing one in the daytime now that I think about it.

Count Zarth
05-24-2009, 04:25 PM
The gatling laser makes short work of them. I'm basically a walking tank. The only issue is when I get caught wearing my regular gear and sporting my blackhawk .44. I like to wear less when I'm out walking around in low-danger areas, because you move faster, but then a deathclaw comes out of nowhere!

For Old Olney, I'm going in locked and loaded, though. AND HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!

Mecca
05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
If you have a dart gun killing death claws is easy, 2 shots and they move in slow motion.

jiveturkey
05-24-2009, 08:39 PM
One weird thing that happened to me is that I was walking the southwest portion of the map and I saw a Deathclaw about 40 yards ahead of me, then all the sudden it flew into the air and got smaller and smaller until it was a little dot then I couldn't see it anymore. I'm guessing thats a glitch.I shot a super mutant and he went straight up about 100 feet. He was shooting at me while hoovering above. There was no where to hide. He eventually came down.

I saved the Deathclaw areas for my super mutant buddy. I just hide behind him and he takes care of business.

Buck
05-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Post # 1000