PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Q&A with WR DEVARD DARLING - 6/6

Tribal Warfare
06-06-2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/06/06/qa_with_wr_devard_darling__66/

Q&A with WR DEVARD DARLING - 6/6
Jun 06, 2008, 2:29:58 PM

Q: Is this an easier offense to pick up than what you might have known elsewhere?

DARLING: No, I think Im picking it up pretty good. After years of experience in the league and being around different offenses, Im picking it up pretty strong. Its pretty simple. Its straightforward. There isnt too much to do, just go out there and play football.

Q: I understand the terminology is a little easier. The play call may not be as complicated as others you may have known?

DARLING: Its all about concepts. One or two words tell you the whole play. Its pretty simple.

Q: Say if somebody calls, Colt, that tells you what to do?

DARLING: Yes, that tells pretty much every one of the receivers what to do. Its a very conceptual offense. So, like I said, one word or two words tell you the whole play.

Q: Do you think that you just needed an opportunity?

DARLING: Pretty much. Pretty much, thats what its all about, opportunity. Every man just needs an opportunity to show his time. So, hopefully I can go out and get it here.

Q: Do you look to put on a show for the fans tomorrow as they see you for the first time?

DARLING: Of course. Every day I come out on the football field I make it a goal, a point of mine, to get better. Tomorrow will be a nice opening day for me and hopefully I come out and have a good show.

Q: Talk about your QB Brodie Croyle

DARLING: Brodie is cool. He reminds me a little bit of (Baltimore Ravens) QB Kyle Boller in the sense of his arm. Hes a good guy and Im looking forward to having a good season with him.

Q: Can you understand that Alabama accent when he calls a play?

DARLING: A little bit. A little bit. He has a strong twang, but its cool.

Q: Can you break that twang down for us?

CoMoChief
06-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Q: Can you understand that Alabama accent when he calls a play?

DARLING: A little bit. A little bit. He has a strong twang, but its cool.

Q: Can you break that twang down for us?

No Rhonda we can't because this is such a ****ing retarded and ignorant question for even a 4 year old to ask. Now go grab your 20pc bucket of fried greasy chicken and hi-tail your fatass out of here.

Thats what I wouldve said to her to answer that question.

Count Alex's Losses
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
That's actually a good question, IMO. Fresh and funny. Better than "How do you feeeeeeeeeeeel about being a Chief?"

Darling doesn't sound like a good interview.

CoMoChief
06-06-2008, 05:31 PM
That's actually a good question, IMO. Fresh and funny. Better than "How do you feeeeeeeeeeeel about being a Chief?"

What does fresh mean in regards to asking a question. Does it mean retarded?

Count Alex's Losses
06-06-2008, 05:32 PM
What does fresh mean in regards to asking a question. Does it mean retarded?

No, it means something different. It might be slightly retarded. If you don't like that question you probably wouldn't like someone asking him what his favorite Star Wars character is. I, personally, would find that hilarious and off the wall. Every question doesn't have to be about football.

tomahawk kid
06-06-2008, 05:32 PM

It's a ridiculous question asked by a grandstanding "reporter".

They should f#cking pull Rhodzilla and Karen Kornacki's credentials just so people aren't subjected to their retarded shit.

tomahawk kid
06-06-2008, 05:33 PM
No, it means something different. It might be slightly retarded. If you don't like that question you probably wouldn't like someone asking him what his favorite Star Wars character is. I, personally, would find that hilarious and off the wall. Every question doesn't have to be about football.

I'm betting you're in the minority in that regard.

noa
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Brodie is cool. He reminds me a little bit of (Baltimore Ravens) QB Kyle Boller

Oh shit.

Count Alex's Losses
06-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm betting you're in the minority in that regard.

There's a sports radio station in Dallas called the Ticket. They have this guy that goes into the locker room of every major sports team in the area and conducts off-the-wall, colorful interviews with players, asking the zaniest questions imaginable.

It's the funniest, most entertaining and insightful thing I've ever heard on the radio. It really lets you get to know the players as people instead of just mindless clods on a football field. KC sports radio needs someone like that guy (the cobra!).

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/corby-chic-boobs.jpg

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/corby.jpg

rambleonthruthefog
06-06-2008, 05:46 PM
i do believe i would interview the hell out of that gall in the green.

InChiefsHell
06-06-2008, 07:30 PM
i do believe i would interview the hell out of that gall in the green.

Indeed....

...step up to the "mic" baby...nyuk nyuk nyuk...:)

doomy3
06-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Who the hell is that girl in the green?

tomahawk kid
06-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Who the hell is that girl in the green?

Tits McGee

Easy 6
06-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I know its just fun & games...but i REALLY wish you guys would quit talking about my wife in that manner.

bdeg
06-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Don't ask him about competing for the #2 WR spot or anything...

doomy3
06-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Don't ask him about competing for the #2 WR spot or anything...

Every question doesn't need to be about football.

HMc
06-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Q: Is this an easier offense to pick up than what you might have known elsewhere?

DARLING: No, I think Im picking it up pretty good.

um, what?