PDA

View Full Version : Royals ****The Official Yankees vs Royals 6/6/08 game Thread****

Bill Parcells
06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
End of the 4th and no score

ROFL

I started the game thread again!

ROFL

KCUnited
06-06-2008, 07:28 PM
The official WTF was Jose Guillen thinking on the base path thread would've been more appropriate.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't think it makes any difference who starts the game thread anymore. They're on the road, so they're losing whoever does it (or doesn't do it).

They'll set the franchise record in a couple hours.

Bill Parcells
06-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't think it makes any difference who starts the game thread anymore. They're on the road, so they're losing whoever does it (or doesn't do it).

It does make a difference though. do you know why?

Silock
06-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow, we scored first.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 07:32 PM
It does make a difference though. do you know why?It might matter to you as a yankmee's fan. I don't know that it matters to us. We're equal opportunity; can't beat anybody.

Bill Parcells
06-06-2008, 07:34 PM
It might matter to you as a yankmee's fan. I don't know that it matters to us. We're equal opportunity; can't beat anybody.

Nah, it's no big deal. The Royals were on quite a streak until my game thread two months ago. pissed off a lot of Royals fans with that thread. it doesn't matter though, you're right.

:doh!:

Bill Parcells
06-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Damn, Royals up 2-0 and nobody gives a shit? what happened to this place?

KCUnited
06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Aviles!

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Damn, Royals up 2-0 and nobody gives a shit? what happened to this place?

They are playing fairly miserable baseball right now. It's 2-0, but they should have 4 or 5 runs.

This team makes it really hard for me to be a fan.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 08:04 PM
They are playing fairly miserable baseball right now. It's 2-0, but they should have 4 or 5 runs.

This team makes it really hard for me to be a fan.Being on an insane deadline makes it hard to pay attention.

Bill Parcells
06-06-2008, 08:05 PM

This team makes it really hard for me to be a fan.

I haven't been following them. I thought they were doing better this year?

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 08:07 PM
On the other hand, Davies is having a good outing and Aviles has more extra-base hits tonight than TPJ probably had in the entire month of May.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I haven't been following them. I thought they were doing better this year?They've recently had a 12-game losing streak, have been swept 3 straight road series.

FYI TV broadcast just said they've traded Angel Berroa to the Dodgers for some 21-year old minor league infielder.

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I haven't been following them. I thought they were doing better this year?

Started out decent, but they've lost 15 of their last 17, to include 12 in a row at one point.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Royals trade Angel Berroa to Dodgers (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080606&content_id=2853967&vkey=pr_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc&partnered=rss_kc)

Kansas City acquires Minor League infielder Juan Rivera

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (June 6, 2008) -- The Kansas City Royals have traded shortstop Angel Berroa and cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Minor League infielder Juan Rivera.
Rivera, a 21-year-old from San Pedro de Macoris, D.R., appeared in 10 games with the Great Lakes (Mich.) Loons of the Midwest League in 2008, compiling a .241 average (7-for-29) with 3 RBIs. He signed with the Dodgers as a non-drafted free agent on July 21, 2003. Rivera owns a .248 career average with 8 home runs and 71 RBIs in five Minor League seasons. He will report to the Class A Burlington Bees.

Berroa, a 30-year-old native of Santiago, D.R., batted .291 with 10 home runs, 27 RBIs, and 34 runs in 51 games for the Omaha Royals in 2008. Los Angeles has assigned Berroa to their Triple-A affiliate, the Las Vegas 51's.

Bill Parcells
06-06-2008, 08:11 PM
They've recently had a 12-game losing streak, have been swept 3 straight road series.

FYI TV broadcast just said they've traded Angel Berroa to the Dodgers for some 21-year old minor league infielder.

Started out decent, but they've lost 15 of their last 17, to include 12 in a row at one point.

:spock:

Sorry :(

DeezNutz
06-06-2008, 08:32 PM
On the other hand, Davies is having a good outing and Aviles has more extra-base hits tonight than TPJ probably had in the entire season.

FYP

DeezNutz
06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Pena in for the 8th. This ticks me off. Defensive replacements shouldn't come in until the 9th, unless the team has a huge lead. Call me crazy, but it might be nice to have Aviles batting in the top of the 9th instead of the automatic out.

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 08:43 PM
And Darrell Rasner gets through the eighth. Darrell. Rasner.

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 08:46 PM
So, who do you allow to give up the tying run - Mahay or Ramirez? Apparently Trey wants Mahay to have that honor.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I can see it now. Walk the bases loaded, then Cano (who's killing us) goes yard.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Oh shit, rofl.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Horrible call.

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 08:55 PM
And they actually get the game to Soria. I'd say it would be nice to get an insurance run, but who am I kidding?

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 09:04 PM
And they actually get the game to Soria. I'd say it would be nice to get an insurance run, but who am I kidding?Not with Buck followed by Avi-err, Pena.

I fully expect a blown save and a loss in the bottom 9.

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I fully expect a blown save and a loss in the bottom 9.

With an error from TPJ leading to the winning run.

Dylan
06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
So, who do you allow to give up the tying run - Mahay or Ramirez? Apparently Trey wants Mahay to have that honor.

Put a W in the Royals box. The Yankees stink:D

Dylan
06-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Congratulations!

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 09:15 PM
And now...a home run.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 09:18 PM
F*ck me, that was strike 3. Great pitch.

Now we get the homer. Game over.

doomy3
06-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Pena Bitches.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 09:20 PM
My reverse mojo > your reverse mojo.

How can I be so happy about such a meaningless game.

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Pena Bitches.Yeah, I hated seeing him bat, and then he makes that play look like a joke.

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 09:21 PM
My reverse mojo > your reverse mojo.

How can I be so happy about such a meaningless game.

Who knows - it's a sickness being a Royals fan.

SCTrojan
06-06-2008, 09:23 PM
How about Davies getting the win? It would be great if he became a solid fifth starter.

alanm
06-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Who knows - it's a sickness being a Royals fan.
The day the franchise died coincided with the day Ewing Kaufman died.:(

keg in kc
06-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I wish Alex Gordon would start to look like he belongs in the majors.

alanm
06-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I wish Alex Gordon would start to look like he belongs in the majors.
The Head Coach at Nebraska isn't doing anything at the moment. Anderson was also the hitting coach with the Huskers when Gordon was there. He's mentioned that the Royals have him all messed up and unnatural at the plate.:spock:
I would tend to believe him.

DeezNutz
06-06-2008, 09:48 PM
The Head Coach at Nebraska isn't doing anything at the moment. Anderson was also the hitting coach with the Huskers when Gordon was there. He's mentioned that the Royals have him all messed up and unnatural at the plate.:spock:
I would tend to believe him.

I never saw much of Gordon in college. Does his approach look a lot different? I know his stance is the similar, if not the same.

Sure-Oz
06-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Royals trade Angel Berroa to Dodgers (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080606&content_id=2853967&vkey=pr_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc&partnered=rss_kc)

Kansas City acquires Minor League infielder Juan Rivera

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (June 6, 2008) -- The Kansas City Royals have traded shortstop Angel Berroa and cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Minor League infielder Juan Rivera.
Rivera, a 21-year-old from San Pedro de Macoris, D.R., appeared in 10 games with the Great Lakes (Mich.) Loons of the Midwest League in 2008, compiling a .241 average (7-for-29) with 3 RBIs. He signed with the Dodgers as a non-drafted free agent on July 21, 2003. Rivera owns a .248 career average with 8 home runs and 71 RBIs in five Minor League seasons. He will report to the Class A Burlington Bees.

Berroa, a 30-year-old native of Santiago, D.R., batted .291 with 10 home runs, 27 RBIs, and 34 runs in 51 games for the Omaha Royals in 2008. Los Angeles has assigned Berroa to their Triple-A affiliate, the Las Vegas 51's.

30 year old Dead weight for 21 year old dead weight, the end of an era
I bet he comes up and plays SS for LA if Furcal is out longer and watch him do well...

We got a Pena jr jr it looks like

Sure-Oz
06-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I never saw much of Gordon in college. Does his approach look a lot different? I know his stance is the similar, if not the same.

Gordon always falls behind in counts as well and then battles back to ground out or strike out....

No power and the pitches he spoils probably had potential to be bombs or doubles...

He has a pretty swing, i just don't think he's adjusting accordingly at all....i have high hopes for this guy, he was as cant miss as any prospect in the game

Simply Red
06-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Davies may be coming into his own. I told ya'll.

alanm
06-06-2008, 09:56 PM
The only time I get to see him is highlights on Baseball tonight. Lincoln and Omaha get the games. Here where I live we get the Rockies. But they were talking about him the other day on Husker sports nightly with Anderson and he was saying that the Royals hitting coach or whom ever has him looking awkward at the plate. Said he would probably have to call Alex when he had a chance to and chat. See what was up and all.
From what I can see he doesn't look the same. He should at least be hitting doubles and driving in runs like a mofo. Seems like all he's getting are singles anymore. :hmmm:

alanm
06-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Gordon always falls behind in counts as well and then battles back to ground out or strike out....

No power and the pitches he spoils probably had potential to be bombs or doubles...

He has a pretty swing, i just don't think he's adjusting accordingly at all....i have high hopes for this guy, he was as cant miss as any prospect in the game
He still is. Maybe he needs to be down with Billy for a couple of weeks to get some confidence back. Baseball players can be so mental sometimes. :spock:

Sure-Oz
06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
He still is. Maybe he needs to be down with Billy for a couple of weeks to get some confidence back. Baseball players can be so mental sometimes. :spock:

I agree he is still one of the best prospects around as is butler, but maybe it is the confidence...

I think many including myself expected him to be lighting up pitching and having alot of doubles

Sure-Oz
06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
The only time I get to see him is highlights on Baseball tonight. Lincoln and Omaha get the games. Here where I live we get the Rockies. But they were talking about him the other day on Husker sports nightly with Anderson and he was saying that the Royals hitting coach or whom ever has him looking awkward at the plate. Said he would probably have to call Alex when he had a chance to and chat. See what was up and all.
From what I can see he doesn't look the same. He should at least be hitting doubles and driving in runs like a mofo. Seems like all he's getting are singles anymore. :hmmm:

I hope he gets on the phone with gordon asap...some games hes looked good others lost

alanm
06-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I hope he gets on the phone with gordon asap...some games hes looked good others lost
And Gordon is still the type to do what the coach tells him to do. Maybe he needs to tell the Royals hitting coach to f*ck off and do what he's used to.

DeezNutz
06-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I've mentioned this before, but the biggest problem I see with Gordon is that he's trying to pull everything. Opposing pitchers have been pitching him outside all year, and he hasn't been content to drive the ball to the opposite field.

Some of this could be that he's trying too hard to be the #3 hitter on a team with no power. Think about how guys like A-Rod and Griffey came up. They were batting 6 and 7 for a couple of years, establishing their confidence and a consistent approach at the plate. Unfortunately, Gordon hasn't had this luxury.

Teahen's power this year emerged once he started being content taking the ball the other way and not trying to do too much. The homeruns are the result of good swings--line drives that just keep going. Gordon should be trying to do the same thing.