PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Age of Conan

kcpasco
06-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I dropped 50 bucks on this game hoping it would be fun, since I'm bored to death with WoW. The game is just really buggy and feels incomplete. Anyone else try this game yet?

I'm hoping Warhammer will be good.

KcMizzou
06-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Heh.. I'm playing WoW again as we speak. I quit for around a year... thought I'd pay the 15 bucks to check it out again... (expansion coming, and all). Two weeks later, I'm pretty much hooked again. Working on a BE warlock alt, at the moment.

I love the new (to me) daily quests.... easy money.

I was interested in in AoC, but the reviews have been mixed... and I hear you'd better have a good rig to run it properly.

As for Warhammer... I've been looking forward to that for a long, long time. We'll see.

People complain about WoW... but as MMO's go... they knocked it out of the park. There's a reason it's as popular as it is. World of Warcraft set a new standard for MMO's.

That said.. eventually... you still get burnt out.

kcpasco
06-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Heh.. I'm playing WoW again as we speak. I quit for around a year... thought I'd pay the 15 bucks to check it out again... (expansion coming, and all). Two weeks later, I'm pretty much hooked again. Working on a BE warlock alt, at the moment.

I was interested in in AoC, but the reviews have been mixed... and I hear you'd better have a good rig to run it properly.

As for Warhammer... I've been looking forward to that for a long, long time. We'll see.

People complain about WoW... but as MMO's go... they knocked it out of the park. There's a reason it's as popular as it is. World of Warcraft set a new standard for MMO's.

Ya I'm currently burnt out, my guild has cleared Illidan and is close to clearing Sunwell, but I just don't want to log on anymore.

keg in kc
06-07-2008, 12:49 AM
I've been playing LotRO since February, and I'm as addicted as I ever was to WoW. I have no desire to ever play WoW again (which surprises me, I quit 2 years ago (or is it 3 now?) but still had occasional withdrawal). I like it so much I got a lifetime account (which is basically what I'd pay for a year, I figure it's a bargain long-term).

Word I'm hearing on AoC is not good.

Rausch
06-07-2008, 02:35 AM

I'll have to find out who my brother is on there.

I think he could teach a college course on that ****ing game...

Fruit Ninja
06-07-2008, 04:49 AM
Going to be getting it pretty soon. My guild has different chapters in different games. So i will be playing on the RP PVP server Cimmera or someshit like that. I dont care for RP much, but thats what they chose. lol http://www.halcyonaffinity.org/

jspchief
06-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I can't imagine any new MMO game not being really buggy. With the demands of MMO players, the bar has been set by WoW, and even with their resources they are constantly battling bugs.

Personally, I don't have much desire to reinvest in a new MMO, when I've put so much already into WoW. The WotLK expansion will probably release around X-mas (just a guess, no inside info) and Blizzard is constantly adding new things to WoW with patches.

As to the RP server, I play on a RP server on WoW, and there is almost no RP, but the role-playing tag seems to do a good job scaring away all the immature/kid players who believe that the in-game chat will resemble Shakespeare dialogue.

kcpasco
06-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I can't imagine any new MMO game not being really buggy. With the demands of MMO players, the bar has been set by WoW, and even with their resources they are constantly battling bugs.

Personally, I don't have much desire to reinvest in a new MMO, when I've put so much already into WoW. The WotLK expansion will probably release around X-mas (just a guess, no inside info) and Blizzard is constantly adding new things to WoW with patches.

As to the RP server, I play on a RP server on WoW, and there is almost no RP, but the role-playing tag seems to do a good job scaring away all the immature/kid players who believe that the in-game chat will resemble Shakespeare dialogue.

meh, I'm not really that excited about WotLK because it will be just the same grind as BC. You will have to grind to lvl 80 and all the work you put into the Burning Crusade will become irrelevant, you will be replacing Black Temple gear with lvl 74 green armor, and Outlands will become a huge ghost town.

Thats why I'm looking forward to Warhammer because its RVR and the content won't become worthless once another expansion comes out.

KcMizzou
06-07-2008, 01:40 PM
meh, I'm not really that excited about WotLK because it will be just the same grind as BC. You will have to grind to lvl 80 and all the work you put into the Burning Crusade will become irrelevant, you will be replacing Black Temple gear with lvl 74 green armor, and Outlands will become a huge ghost town.

Thats why I'm looking forward to Warhammer because its RVR and the content won't become worthless once another expansion comes out.What's RVR? I'm drawing a blank.

keg in kc
06-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Realm versus realm.

I had all interest in PvP burned out of me in WoW - my first live server was Illidan, and I spent a year there. That was more than enough for me.

Fruit Ninja
06-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Just picked it up, the install is going to be forever though. :( If anyone getting it wants to roll with me and my "online crew" let me know, but they are pretty hardcore gamers, but i think they are all leveling up atm.

Gravedigger
06-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm playing Age of Conan cause I've been playing WoW for 4 years and so I got rid of my account and bought AoC. I like it cause its new, its bloody, and its mature rated leaving behind some of the pre teen crowd from WoW. I have a 34 assassin and a 20 bear shaman and the reason you could be experiencing some lag issues is maybe your system can't handle it. I recently upgraded my PC with new video, sound card, and 24 inch widescreen monitor and Crysis and AoC run noyce! But that could be a reason but other than that I'm all out of ideas.

Fruit Ninja
06-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm playing Age of Conan cause I've been playing WoW for 4 years and so I got rid of my account and bought AoC. I like it cause its new, its bloody, and its mature rated leaving behind some of the pre teen crowd from WoW. I have a 34 assassin and a 20 bear shaman and the reason you could be experiencing some lag issues is maybe your system can't handle it. I recently upgraded my PC with new video, sound card, and 24 inch widescreen monitor and Crysis and AoC run noyce! But that could be a reason but other than that I'm all out of ideas.

Its the game itself. There is nothing more you can do. Its all server side lag now i believe. THey have to continue to find memory leaks and better ways to run it. It happens in time, but sometimes it can take a while.

Molitoth
06-08-2008, 11:31 PM
AoC is kickass. I'm playing on Dagoth.

Fruit Ninja
06-09-2008, 02:10 AM
AoC is kickass. I'm playing on Dagoth.

You playing with BoW?

chasedude
06-09-2008, 11:10 AM
A few guys I game with talked about getting this. I'm always hesitant about getting into MMO's from the start. Too many bugs to go through and companies always underestimate the lag their servers are going to cause.

I was amazed at the sales on Ebay. Collectors editions going for $100's! I should have bought a couple copies and then sold them on ebay.

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2008, 06:28 AM
I needz a buddy code