PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Long Island Iced Tea

Nzoner
06-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I swear they have to be the devil's brew.

Somebody shoot me please :(

Pablo
06-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh, they definately are. I went out to Ground Round a few months back, and my buddies girlfriend bartends out there, so she was making Long Islands. I was only there for about an hour or so, so I slammed two down, and she made the third one STRONG. I was pretty plastered...ended up losing the keys to my Dad's truck he let me borrow that night.

All those different liquors come back to bite you in the ass...

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-07-2008, 11:44 AM
<FONT FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE="36">ARE WE A LITTLE HUNG OVER TODAY?</FONT>

Nzoner
06-07-2008, 11:48 AM
ARE WE A LITTLE HUNG OVER TODAY?

Even my eyes hurt,and could you please not write so loud

Nzoner
06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh, they definately are. I went out to Ground Round a few months back, and my buddies girlfriend bartends out there, so she was making Long Islands. I was only there for about an hour or so, so I slammed two down, and she made the third one STRONG. I was pretty plastered...ended up losing the keys to my Dad's truck he let me borrow that night.

All those different liquors come back to bite you in the ass...

I had 9 last night :( :shake:

Adept Havelock
06-07-2008, 12:02 PM

:eek:

You poor bastage. My sympathies.

BWillie
06-07-2008, 12:03 PM
If you go to Moxies up North you can get a pitcher of Long Island for $8 dollars. There is no cover too and one dollar you call it. You can honestly get tanked for $11 dollars.

alanm
06-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Your liver thanks you. :D

Nzoner
06-07-2008, 12:23 PM
:eek:

You poor bastage. My sympathies.

Thanks

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w93/Nzoner_photos/tgif1.jpg

StcChief
06-07-2008, 12:25 PM
If your HAIR hurts then your were drunk as skunk other than that.....

plenty of water, headache powder, vitimans etc oh and time.

keg in kc
06-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Been my favorite drink forever. I used to drink pitchers of them.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Ive never had a hangover from long islands, but jager or jager bombs always mess me up

i love houlihans liter long islands

DJ's left nut
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
i love houlihans liter long islands

No doubt, $3.50 happy hours, knock back 3 and your done for a shade under $12.00

The texas one where they sub in Tequila for that Raspberry crap is the way to go. Though the Tennessee one is damn tasty as well.

Just can't go wrong with those suckers.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2008, 02:00 PM
No doubt, $3.50 happy hours, knock back 3 and your done for a shade under $12.00

The texas one where they sub in Tequila for that Raspberry crap is the way to go. Though the Tennessee one is damn tasty as well.

Exactly :)

Nzoner
06-07-2008, 02:00 PM

All I know are the one's last night were mixed with tequila,and lots of it.

NewChief
06-07-2008, 02:19 PM
We went to the "Art of Wine" charity event last night. They have like 3,000 wines for tasting and excellent catering from all the uppity local restaurants. Hangover is an understatement.

StcChief
06-07-2008, 02:52 PM
All I know are the one's last night were mixed with tequila,and lots of it.
If it was "Jose Cuervo" or bar rail.... then I know why you are hurtin' That stuff is not real tequila.

Nzoner
06-07-2008, 02:54 PM
If it was "Jose Cuervo" or bar rail.... then I know why you are hurtin' That stuff is not real tequila.

Don't really know,we were on an outside deck at a local bar,it was warm outside and they were going down great.

StcChief
06-07-2008, 03:05 PM
well I feel your pain... not a LIT fan not knowing who makes 'em /what they put it....

I'm make rib rub for smokin' tomarrow and drinkin' "Dark and Stormies"

Spicy McHaggis
06-07-2008, 03:32 PM
We used to go to a bar that served giant mugs of the stuff. After 3-4 of those guys you would just hope that no one was taking pictures.

Bwana
06-07-2008, 03:48 PM
The last time a LIIT crossed my lips was over 15 years ago. Numerous LLIT's were dumped into my system that regrretable evening. That was without a doubt, the worst hangover I have ever had. Just the smell of those things makes me want to yack.

jspchief
06-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I used to drink the hell out of Long Islands. go down like candy, but hit like a dumptruck.

A normal LI has tequila in it... it has the "5 whites": rum, vodka, gin, tequila, and triple sec... add sweet and sour and a splash of coke.

Bowser
06-07-2008, 04:14 PM
A Long Island would be pretty tasty at Rockfest right about now. :sulk:

Bowser
06-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I used to drink the hell out of Long Islands. go down like candy, but hit like a dumptruck.

Same as those nuclear Jaegerbombs you make. :)

Speaking of which, you need to come down for a game or three this year. Or hell, pick up Joe on the way, and we'll all just tailgate through the whole game.

jspchief
06-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Same as those nuclear Jaegerbombs you make. :)

Speaking of which, you need to come down for a game or three this year. Or hell, pick up Joe on the way, and we'll all just tailgate through the whole game. I'm pretty sure I'll make it down for aat least one game. When I do, we'll be sure to do it up right.

Bearcat
06-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Mmmmm.. enjoying one right now :thumb:

It's all in the delivery... short glass that provides room for only the shots and splashes, no lemon. No fishbowl fru-fru crap.

I don't find really good ones outside of nightclubs very often, which sucks because I'm not the clubbing type. The last really good one... er, 8, I had were provided by Kristen at Lucky Strike in the P&L District. :)

ChiefsCountry
06-07-2008, 09:07 PM

A normal LI has tequila in it... it has the "5 whites": rum, vodka, gin, tequila, and triple sec... add sweet and sour and a splash of coke.

My roommate is a bartender and the best thing I have ever had was a top shelf LIT. We took the top liquors of those and mixed them. Just an amazing drink.

Pablo
06-07-2008, 09:35 PM
My roommate is a bartender and the best thing I have ever had was a top shelf LIT. We took the top liquors of those and mixed them. Just an amazing drink.Yep. If you get a top shelf LIT and the bartender knows what they're doing, it's pretty delicious stuff.