PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs at Power and Light Last Night

doomy3
06-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Not sure if this is thread worthy or not, but last night was pretty cool at the KCP&L District's Mosaic. It's kind of an "Ultra Lounge/Club" type of place that feels like it was taken out of LA or New York or something. TONS of ridiculously hot females wearing basically no clothing, etc. Very easy on the eyes.

Anyway, me and my friends were just standing there, when all of a sudden we look up and Patrick Surtain rolls in with some chick and another guy, who I didn't recognize exactly who it was, but it could have been Oliver Hoyte, or one of those guys who I probably wouldn't have recognized his face anyway. He was talking to the bouncers about getting some personal bouncers to man his table all night, which they did. Then LJ showed up, as well as Greg Wesley, and a couple other guys who I didn't recognize, but certainly looked to be players and were sitting at their table. They were just drinking bottles of Vodka, and keeping to themselves. It's always pretty cool to see these guys out, and the P&L district is a great place to see them.

Also, Karim Rush was there walking around too.

pr_capone
06-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Did you get any of them to autograph your chest?

Demonpenz
06-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I saw ty law out there one time these chicks were begging him to go on the dance floor. On the way out though he slipped and fell

blueballs
06-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Breakenridge get beat up some metro sexual

boogblaster
06-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Drinkin-Music-Mini-dressed chicks, sounds like the place to be on ahot summer's-eve ...

Rain Man
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
It's like seeing the first robins of spring, but drunk and with beautiful women.

BWillie
06-08-2008, 12:08 PM
What is the line and cover like? I stopped going to the P and L because I refuse to wait in line and not get in. I guess I'm not special enough and I refuse to spot the bouncer $40 just so he'll let me in. I've tried to get into the Rock Bar twice now with no luck, and only time I can get into McFaddens is about 145 am. Haven't tried the Mosaic but heard good things

doomy3
06-08-2008, 12:15 PM
What is the line and cover like? I stopped going to the P and L because I refuse to wait in line and not get in. I guess I'm not special enough and I refuse to spot the bouncer $40 just so he'll let me in. I've tried to get into the Rock Bar twice now with no luck, and only time I can get into McFaddens is about 145 am. Haven't tried the Mosaic but heard good things

Well, the line sucks unless you a) know someone who works there b) get onto the list the bouncer has at the door c) buy a table, which is $500 and includes 2 bottles, and mixers, or d) give the bouncer $20.

The cover at the door is $5.

Once you get in though, it's awesome. I kid you not, I had no idea the kind of heat exists in Kansas City that was there last night. It will blow your mind.

We got there around 10:00 last night, and the lines were long, but we were on the list, so we got in. But the line for Rock Bar was REALLY long. Didn't really look at any of the other lines, but there were a ton of people out there for a regular Saturday night. I did notice that McFadden's didn't even have a line at all when we drove by there though. One thing's for sure. The P&L district is a HUGE money maker for KC.

Hydrae
06-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Not sure if this is thread worthy or not, but last night was pretty cool at the KCP&L District's Mosaic. It's kind of an "Ultra Lounge/Club" type of place that feels like it was taken out of LA or New York or something. TONS of ridiculously hot females wearing basically no clothing, etc. Very easy on the eyes.

Anyway, me and my friends were just standing there, when all of a sudden we look up and Patrick Surtain rolls in with some chick and another guy, who I didn't recognize exactly who it was, but it could have been Oliver Hoyte, or one of those guys who I probably wouldn't have recognized his face anyway. He was talking to the bouncers about getting some personal bouncers to man his table all night, which they did. Then LJ showed up, as well as Greg Wesley, and a couple other guys who I didn't recognize, but certainly looked to be players and were sitting at their table. They were just drinking bottles of Vodka, and keeping to themselves. It's always pretty cool to see these guys out, and the P&L district is a great place to see them.

Also, Karim Rush was there walking around too.

Did they have a limo or was someone being the DD?

doomy3
06-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Did they have a limo or was someone being the DD?

Didn't notice. I didn't see them coming into the club, just saw them in the club.

BWillie
06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Well, the line sucks unless you a) know someone who works there b) get onto the list the bouncer has at the door c) buy a table, which is $500 and includes 2 bottles, and mixers, or d) give the bouncer $20.

Once you get in though, it's awesome. I kid you not, I had no idea the kind of heat exists in Kansas City that was there last night. It will blow your mind.

We got there around 10:00 last night, and the lines were long, but we were on the list, so we got in. But the line for Rock Bar was REALLY long. Didn't really look at any of the other lines, but there were a ton of people out there for a regular Saturday night. I did notice that McFadden's didn't even have a line at all when we drove by there though. One thing's for sure. The P&L district is a HUGE money maker for KC.

Yeah, I don't meet any of those criteria. I wouldn't mind giving the 20 to get in, but I'm not going to give some bouncer 20 dollars that goes to his own f*cking pocket to get in. Why not just make cover 20 dollars for everybody in line. How do you get on "the list"?

I guess when I go next weekend I'll just have to show up at 7 freaking pm and I might be able to get in. Probably drop $400 for the night though on drinks.

doomy3
06-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I don't meet any of those criteria. I wouldn't mind giving the 20 to get in, but I'm not going to give some bouncer 20 dollars that goes to his own f*cking pocket to get in. Why not just make cover 20 dollars for everybody in line. How do you get on "the list"?

I guess when I go next weekend I'll just have to show up at 7 freaking pm and I might be able to get in. Probably drop $400 for the night though on drinks.

If you're going to drop $400, just get a table for $500 that includes 2 bottles. Then you know you'll get in.

FAX
06-08-2008, 03:31 PM
This place sounds pretty cool. Who owns it? Anyone know?

FAX

QuikSsurfer
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM

FAX

Who owns the Power & light district?

FAX
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Who owns the Power & light district?

This bar they are speaking of, Mr. QuikSsurfer. That's what I mean.

FAX

QuikSsurfer
06-08-2008, 03:46 PM
This bar they are speaking of, Mr. QuikSsurfer. That's what I mean.

FAX

http://www.mosaicmo.com/

Doesn't offer too much information.

stlchiefs
06-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I saw ty law out there one time these chicks were begging him to go on the dance floor. On the way out though he slipped and fell

Was he walking backwards?

TJR1486
06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
If you're going to drop $400, just get a table for $500 that includes 2 bottles. Then you know you'll get in.

I was at mosaic last night too, i didnt see any chiefs players though, i was on the list and was at a table by the line in the outside patio part. Where were they all sitting?

Short Leash Hootie
06-08-2008, 04:38 PM

don't go to Vegas, then...the only way you get in those clubs is if you hook up the bouncers...or wait two hours in line.

doomy3
06-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I was at mosaic last night too, i didnt see any chiefs players though, i was on the list and was at a table by the line in the outside patio part. Where were they all sitting?

They were sitting at the second table in when you walked in the front door. Against the front window. LJ was sitting on top of the booth all night, and Surtain was sitting next to him slouched in the booth. Greg Wesley was in front of them standing most of the night. They probably wouldn't let him in the booth.

BWillie
06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
don't go to Vegas, then...the only way you get in those clubs is if you hook up the bouncers...or wait two hours in line.

When I went to vegas I got in just fine to most of the places I wanted to go. Sure I had to wait for a long time, but at least I got in and the line actually MOVED. I've waited in the Rock Bar line for 3 hours and 15 minutes one time and it was NOT moving. If you have a group of 7 bitches, they just let them in to make the ratio better. It's complete bullshit

doomy3
06-08-2008, 04:54 PM
When I went to vegas I got in just fine to most of the places I wanted to go. Sure I had to wait for a long time, but at least I got in and the line actually MOVED. I've waited in the Rock Bar line for 3 hours and 15 minutes one time and it was NOT moving. If you have a group of 7 bitches, they just let them in to make the ratio better. It's complete bullshit

Just take some girls with you then. It's not that hard.

Wa-Z
06-08-2008, 05:19 PM

FAX

some asian guy, it was close to closing time and the bouncers wouldn't let anyone in but this dude they did and i said it was bullshit...turned out he was the "founder"

TJR1486
06-08-2008, 05:27 PM

There was a lot of girls at mosaic last night, the best ratio of girls i've seen at any bar down there thus far.

Skip Towne
06-08-2008, 05:27 PM

It's harder for some than others. Have you met GoChiefs?

BWillie
06-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Why would I want to go to the bar with girls? That defies the purpose. Plus, for them to let you in you are going to have to have like 4 girls for every guy. I would shoot myself if I had to go out with 4 girls and talk to them all night. I can handle something like 2 girls for every guy, then I have some eye candy but at least cool guys to party with too.

HonestChieffan
06-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Why would I want to go to the bar with girls? That defies the purpose. Plus, for them to let you in you are going to have to have like 4 girls for every guy. I would shoot myself if I had to go out with 4 girls and talk to them all night. I can handle something like 2 girls for every guy, then I have some eye candy but at least cool guys to party with too.

Well, you have to know a girl first. And she would have to want to go with you.
I see your point.

kstater
06-08-2008, 06:02 PM

I heard they also carry cooties.

doomy3
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
There was a lot of girls at mosaic last night, the best ratio of girls i've seen at any bar down there thus far.

Absolutely. And they were unbelievable as well. Most looked like they came right out of a magazine.

doomy3
06-08-2008, 06:22 PM

Ah, that's not true. Just take one or two hot ones with you, and you will have no problem getting in anywhere. Maybe that's your problem.

CHENZ A!
06-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I saw LJ at Mosaic like 3 weeks ago. Mentioned it in another thread.. I think it was the OTA thread so it probably got buried.

Bowser
06-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I saw LJ at Mosaic like 3 weeks ago. Mentioned it in another thread.. I think it was the OTA thread so it probably got buried.

Did he roll up in his chauffered Maybach?

ChiefsFanatic
06-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Rep!:clap:

Chiefs Pantalones
06-08-2008, 07:28 PM
I've been there too. LJ and Surtain are playas!!! Well not Surtain, he was with his wife. I've never heard of a guy take his wife to the clubby club before.

kcfan82
06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Dear god, I'd never wait for 2 hours to get into any bar......

I just got back from Gordon Biersch and the Flying Saucer, the tail in the flying saucer in Dallas blows ours away....

Surely they can find better waitresses :)

Valiant
06-08-2008, 07:46 PM

A: Take hot women with you...
B: Know a bartender(female preferably)..
C: Be like me and do both...