PDA

View Full Version : Rocklahoma 2008

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Okay whos going? This year is a 5 day event... :eek: 5 Days!

This year we need a roll call and try to meet up for some cold ones.

www.rockfeverfest.com (http://www.rockfeverfest.com)

Holy crap this year is going to be awesome!

Bowser
06-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Holy shit, that lineup is pure attack of the 80's hair bands! Awesome! LMAO

Skip Towne
06-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I can't make it this year. I'm going to the old Sailors and Soldiers Reunion at Erie, Ks. They have a rodeo and everything.

Deberg_1990
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow, looking at that lineup, i feel like i hopped in the Delorean with Doc Brown and he whipped me back to the summer of 1990.

KcMizzou
06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Hehe... past their prime, sure... but I'd pay to go if it were closer.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:13 PM

If you go, you are welcome to crash in our RV.... One of my buddies from TN, myself and my daughter are going this year again...

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I can't make it this year. I'm going to the old Sailors and Soldiers Reunion at Erie, Ks. They have a rodeo and everything.

Erie KS? ROFL I was born and raised in Parsons....

a rodeo? Sorry I am missing it all...

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Holy shit, that lineup is pure attack of the 80's hair bands! Awesome! LMAO
Last years line up was better, but this one will do.. We are pretty stoked to be going again...

Time to break out the mullet and acid washed jeans...

Bowser
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM

Honestly, I've seen both Tesla and Queensryche in the past year, and they still bring it. They sound as good as they ever have, even if Geoff Tate can't quite hit the high notes liked he used to.

DaKCMan AP
06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
That lineup sucks LMAO

The best songs from those groups are, unfortunately, the ballads: Bret Michaels - Every Rose Has Its Thorn and Extreme - More Than Words.

Bowser
06-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Last years line up was better, but this one will do.. We are pretty stoked to be going again...

Time to break out the mullet and acid washed jeans...

http://www.80stees.com/products/Mullet-Wig.asp

You're welcome.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:17 PM
That lineup sucks LMAO

The best songs from those groups are, unfortunately, the ballads: Bret Michaels - Every Rose Has Its Thorn and Extreme - More Than Words.
No need to hate....

It will still be a great 5 days....

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.80stees.com/products/Mullet-Wig.asp

You're welcome.
Dude, my the rep gods bless your repness....

KcMizzou
06-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Honestly, I've seen both Tesla and Queensryche in the past year, and they still bring it. They sound as good as they ever have, even if Geoff Tate can't quite hit the high notes liked he used to.Tesla was one of the best concerts I've ever been to... granted, it was 10-15 years ago.

Skip Towne
06-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Erie KS? ROFL I was born and raised in Parsons....

a rodeo? Sorry I am missing it all...

They also have a carnival and a free bean feed. Big Times!

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Tesla was one of the best concerts I've even been to... granted, it was 10-15 years ago.
Queensryche was there last year and stole the show from Twisted Sister...

I am looking forward to see there operation mindcrime show this year, supposed to be pretty solid!

Cant wait to see Tesla....

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:22 PM
They also have a carnival and a free bean feed. Big Times!

Reminds me of the simpler times in life.. Nothing like the county fair in Oswego Ks back in the day. Really thought it was big time....

Been to the bean feed in Erie a couple of times... My father lived up there for several years.

Bowser
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Tesla was one of the best conserts I've even been to... granted, that was 10-15 years ago.

Tesla is one of the few bands I've seen that sound CD good when live in concert. I've seen them at the Beaumont and at the Uptown, and both were great. Tesla doesn't get much run because, imho, their biggest hits have been ballads, and getting grouped into the whole "hair band" genre. They have a good bluesy/party rock sound that comes across great live. I'll pay to see those guys anywhere, anytime.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Tesla is one of the few bands I've seen that sound CD good when live in concert. I've seen them at the Beaumont and at the Uptown, and both were great. Tesla doesn't get much run because, imho, their biggest hits have been ballads, and getting grouped into the whole "hair band" genre. They have a good bluesy/party rock sound that comes across great live. I'll pay to see those guys anywhere, anytime.

Dude you are getting me so stoked about seeing them...

Some other bands that have solid sound... Firehouse, Steelheart, Queensryche and Dokken all rocked rocklahoma last year with some CD quality sound...

KcMizzou
06-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Tesla is one of the few bands I've seen that sound CD good when live in concert. I've seen them at the Beaumont and at the Uptown, and both were great. Tesla doesn't get much run because, imho, their biggest hits have been ballads, and getting grouped into the whole "hair band" genre. They have a good bluesy/party rock sound that comes across great live. I'll pay to see those guys anywhere, anytime.That pretty much sums them up. They were never a "hair band", really.

Rausch is a pretty big fan of them as well, IIRC.

Bowser
06-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Dude you are getting me so stoked about seeing them... Check out their 2003 album Into the Now. As good as any of the stuff they've done. You will not be disappointed. I will say that it took a couple of listens to it to get me hooked, but it was worth the wait.

Some other bands that have solid sound... Firehouse, Steelheart, Queensryche and Dokken all rocked rocklahoma last year with some CD quality sound...

Christ, my 80's geek is coming out. I've gotta say I'm kinda suprised to see Dokken and Lynch Mob on the same ticket, unless George Lynch is playing with both bands. I know he and Don Dokken have had a pretty nasty on-again-off-again fued going through the years.

You should have a blast at this thing. I'm somewhat jealous.

Deberg_1990
06-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I wonder if GnR will ever reunite?? They have to know they are leaving a TON of money on the table.

DaKCMan AP
06-08-2008, 06:44 PM
No need to hate....

It will still be a great 5 days....

If I can't hate, then I have nothing to add, dammit! :cuss:

Have fun, though :)

Skip Towne
06-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Tesla? No, it's spelled Tulsa.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Check out their 2003 album Into the Now. As good as any of the stuff they've done. You will not be disappointed. I will say that it took a couple of listens to it to get me hooked, but it was worth the wait.

Christ, my 80's geek is coming out. I've gotta say I'm kinda suprised to see Dokken and Lynch Mob on the same ticket, unless George Lynch is playing with both bands. I know he and Don Dokken have had a pretty nasty on-again-off-again fued going through the years.

You should have a blast at this thing. I'm somewhat jealous.

Will check out the cd...

yes, I cant believe I am actually getting to see George Lynch!!! I am not sure if he is playing for both, Doubt it, but still, George freaking Lynch!!!

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 07:19 PM
If I can't hate, then I have nothing to add, dammit! :cuss:

Have fun, though :)

Ah, just blame me and get it over with! :cuss:

Skip Towne
06-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Ah, just blame me and get it over with! :cuss:

I'll bet your shindig doesn't have a bean feed.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I'll bet your shindig doesn't have a bean feed.

Probably not.... last year, it was so hot, everyone that camped with us hardly ate anything...

I think coco coco puffs where the biggest hit at 3am in the mornings...

acesn8s
06-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Their website won't say how much tix are.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-08-2008, 11:14 PM
That lineup sucks LMAO

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING SILENT LUCIDITY!!!!!!! :cuss:

ChiefsOne
06-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Will check out the cd...

yes, I cant believe I am actually getting to see George Lynch!!! I am not sure if he is playing for both, Doubt it, but still, George freaking Lynch!!!

George Lynch is great, even though Dokken is more famous, Lynch Mob's music is better. They played a bar that I worked in the early 90's, small venue, but sounded awesome. I worked hospitality and security on the stage, so that might have made for a better experience!

chasedude
06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
That lineup sucks LMAO

Interesting to see Extreme back together. I bet Nuno isn't with them though.

Skip Towne
06-09-2008, 12:59 PM
So who is planning to attend?

alpha_omega
06-09-2008, 01:12 PM
...even though Dokken is more famous, Lynch Mob's music is better...

Without a doubt!!!!!!!

R&GHomer
06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm planning on going but not for five days. Maybe a long weekend. I had a blast last year. I would love to hook up and pound back a few beers. Let me know

Reerun_KC
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm planning on going but not for five days. Maybe a long weekend. I had a blast last year. I would love to hook up and pound back a few beers. Let me know

All 5 days here... want me to PM you my Cell?

Reerun_KC
06-09-2008, 03:47 PM
R&G

We are camping in section B this year...

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Interesting to see Extreme back together. I bet Nuno isn't with them though.

You'd lose that bet.

It's all original except for the drummer, who's been a manager for bands like Godsmack and others for years.

FAX
06-10-2008, 09:46 PM

I tell you what. I'll meet you there, Mr. Skip Towne and we'll go to the American Legion, set up some gear, and jam for a few days. Should be good for a couple hundred in tips and free beer. Heck, somebody might even get laid.

FAX

Reerun_KC
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Okay this thing starts tomorrow...

Whos going and where you camping?

Time for a Chiefsplanet Roll Call and meet/greet!

Skip Towne
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Okay this thing starts tomorrow...

Whos going and where you camping?

Time for a Chiefsplanet Roll Call and meet/greet!

Did you see where the Eagles are going to open Tulsa's new BOK Center? Tickets go on sale July 21st. They won't last long.

Reerun_KC
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Did you see where the Eagles are going to open Tulsa's new BOK Center? Tickets go on sale July 21st. They won't last long.
NO Way?

I will check that out... That would be awesome!!!!!

When is the Show?

Skip Towne
07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
NO Way?

I will check that out... That would be awesome!!!!!

When is the Show?

Don't know. Go to the Eagles website to find out. It has been a big secret for the last week.

Skip Towne
07-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Don't know. Go to the Eagles website to find out. It has been a big secret for the last week.

I just found out the show is Sept.6.

Reerun_KC
07-09-2008, 06:16 AM
I just found out the show is Sept.6.
Will talk to the wife and see if she wants to go...

I think it would be awesome to see the Eagles.

RNR
07-09-2008, 06:50 AM
I wonder if GnR will ever reunite?? They have to know they are leaving a TON of money on the table.

Not likely I heard an interview with Slash and although there are not hard feelings just way different mind sets. He talked like he would do a one time thing but nothing is in the works. In a very nice way he said Rose is too far out there and impossible to work with.

The fact Rose has still not released Chinese Democracy the album he has been working on dating back to the late 90s speaks to what Slash was talking about. I liked GnR but the cover tunes thing was sort of a sign that the deal was burning out.

Lzen
07-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh, man. This sucks. I have to miss this. I would love to see some of those acts. Dokken and Lynchmob, Queensryche, Tesla.....wow! Unfortunately, I have friends coming in from Florida this weekend. Hmmmm, I wonder if I could talk him into going for one evening. :hmmm:

Reaper16
07-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Queensryche >>>>>>>>>>> Living Colour >>> Armored Saint, Steelheart >>>>>>>> rest

Reaper16
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
That lineup sucks LMAO

The following statement has transcended from the realm of opinion into the realm of fact:

The best songs from those groups are every track from Queensryche's "Operation: Mindcrime" album.

Ari Chi3fs
07-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Wow, I need to download some shit. This concert looks like 1989. Wow. Nice.

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
There are several 80's bands from Kansas City playing that festival as well.

Vyper, Harlow and Banshee.

It'll be like One Block West circa 1984!

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2008, 11:11 PM
So who went?

Anything to report?

Reerun_KC
07-15-2008, 07:33 AM
So who went?

Anything to report?
Plenty to report, The shows were freaking awesome... What a great 5 days...

We did get thrashed on Saturday, The wind and rain destroyed both Million dollar each side stages. Some lady went into cardiac arrest right in front of us.. They gave adreline shots and cpr for 45 minutes then moved her to the Ambulance.. Dont know if she made it or not.. Freaked the kids out alittle.

Over all a very memorable 5 days for us.. took a totall of 1187 pictures of people. Had a meet and great with Steelheart. Super cool and very polite group of guys. Kids got their pictures with LA Guns new singer, All of Steelheart, Pretty Boy Floyd and many other smaller bands.

Everyone was great and so looking forward to the 09 version, which Eddie Trunk said would blow the roof off of 07 and 08. CANT WAIT!

Lzen
07-15-2008, 07:36 AM
You have to post some of those pics when you get a chance.