06-08-2008, 07:27 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!!

DaKCMan AP
06-08-2008, 07:46 PM
GO CELTS!!!!!

Mojo Rising
06-08-2008, 08:00 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!!

If we win tonight (yes I am wearing my uni) we can still wi in 5. I don't think it will happen. I hope Kobe isn't trying to create a game 7 winning shot by tanking a few games.

Pau ans Lamar need to step up. Sasha needs to hit is shots.

Go lakers! dodgers! chiefs! (weird listing them last)

KCChiefsMan
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
sorry, Go Celts!

MIAdragon
06-08-2008, 08:07 PM
http://imgsrv.weei.com/image/weei/UserFiles/Image/celtics-big.jpg

BWillie
06-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Go Lakers, only cuz the Celtics are down in the series. I want a game 7 damn it

Easy 6
06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
http://imgsrv.weei.com/image/weei/UserFiles/Image/celtics-big.jpg

Its the Celtics world...Kobes just living in it.

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Its the Celtics world...Kobes just living in it.

Cant be your world if it takes you 20 plus years to be Back to the finals. Sorry.

Easy 6
06-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Cant be your world if it takes you 20 plus years to be Back to the finals. Sorry.

If they'd had the 'BIG 3' before now, it wouldnt have been nearly that long.

And i see Kobes feeling the heat & pressing (where 'o where is Shaq when he needs him?)...have a seat with your 2 fouls :clap:.

Friendo
06-08-2008, 08:34 PM

And i see Kobes feeling the heat & pressing (where 'o where is Shaq when he needs him?)...have a seat with your 2 fouls :clap:.

that's 2 "cheap" fouls, lol!

Logical
06-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree, it is almost critical. Go Lakers

Deberg_1990
06-08-2008, 08:36 PM

Agreed. Celtics are one year wonders. A Mercenary team. Similiar to 1997 Marlins.

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 08:37 PM

Again, you do NOT go 20 years before a finals appearance and have it be your world.

Easy 6
06-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Again, you do NOT go 20 years before a finals appearance and have it be your world.

Then its defintely not Kobes world either, he's yet to win a title without Shaq.

Friendo
06-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Powe is a beast tonight.

Mojo Rising
06-08-2008, 08:49 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!!

Cherry picker. Be a Laker Dodger fan or a Giant Warrior fan.

The Bad Guy
06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
The officiating in this game is ****ing horrid.

The Bad Guy
06-08-2008, 08:51 PM

If, if, if.

That's all you hear from Boston fans over the last 20 years.

They always have an excuse why they haven't won it, and a reason why others have.

The 2 fouls on Kobe were 2 of the biggest homecookin calls I've seen in these playoffs.

RedNeckRaider
06-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Agreed. Celtics are one year wonders. A Mercenary team. Similiar to 1997 Marlins.

Well this is the first NBA game I have watched in several years. I like Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett from the little I follow the game.

I have always kind of liked Boston as much as I can like a NBA team. I also do not like Kobe Bryant as he seems to be a prima donna. If it was not this one year wonder team I would not be watching.

Easy 6
06-08-2008, 08:55 PM
If, if, if.

They always have an excuse why they haven't won it, and a reason why others have.

The 2 fouls on Kobe were 2 of the biggest homecookin calls I've seen in these playoffs.

I'm not a true Boston fan, just a 'anyone but LA' fan.

The Bad Guy
06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm not a true Boston fan, just a 'anyone but LA' fan.

Shocking.

StcChief
06-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm not a true Boston fan, just a 'anyone but LA' fan.ditto. look at the calls, traveling (non-calls) just considering it's the NBA. Basketball seems secondary

Easy 6
06-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Shocking.

LMAO..feeling a 'lil chippy watching your boys down by 8?

milkman
06-08-2008, 09:02 PM

I don't usually say anything about officiating, cause teams always get home cookin', but this is the most lopsided officiating I've seen in a long time.

RedNeckRaider
06-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't usually say anything about officiating, cause teams always get home cookin', but this is the most lopsided officiating I've seen in a long time.

I take officials in the NBA about as serious as I do the referee in one of those fake wrestling shows.

SBK
06-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't know what sport they play in the NBA, but it sure isn't basketball.

Simply Red
06-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Totally agree! Tic-tacky.

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I never seen a game officiated this horrible. 18 to 2. So many fouls not even called.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I never seen a game officiated this horrible. 18 to 2. So many fouls not even called.
Well the Lakers will win 3 at home to bring the series back to Boston for the finish..

Boston in 7

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Gasol getting raped at the end and no foul called. Shocking.

Farzin
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow..Lakers are god awful. Kobe is sitting and the Lakers are just not getting anything done. Lets hope the Lakers can make a big comeback..C'MON LAKE SHOW!

Amnorix
06-08-2008, 09:20 PM
If, if, if.

Well, to be fair, the "if" isn't about getting a big 3, it's about a broken foot in '87 and a dead superstud draft pick in '86. Not many teams have had #2 overall picks DIE on them before a single game. In fact, NO other team has had that happen. :(

KevB
06-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I guess I'm pulling for Boston, but there were some very poor calls. That said, the Celtics are getting into the lane at will, and more often than the Lakers. With that comes calls from the officials. Radmanovic and whoever is guarding Rondo can't keep those guys from penetrating.

Amnorix
06-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I really don't see why tonight is a "must win" for the Lakers, unless the plan is to win in 5 or 6.

Going back home for 3 being down 0-2 is more or less expected if the teams are fairly evenly matched, which seems to be teh case.

The Bad Guy
06-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Paul Pierce is a great, great player.

That said, I'm tired of his ****ing acting job in Game 1 being acclaimed as the best thing ever. There is no one that has their knee pop, come back a minute later, and not have an ounce of trouble pivoting, driving, or stopping and starting on said "sprained" knee.

Friendo
06-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, to be fair, the "if" isn't about getting a big 3, it's about a broken foot in '87 and a dead superstud draft pick in '86. Not many teams have had #2 overall picks DIE on them before a single game. In fact, NO other team has had that happen. :(

jeebus, I haven't heard this much whining since Heinsohn was relieved of his announcing duties for being a "homer", and by the same Laker-fan crew.

Skip Towne
06-08-2008, 09:36 PM

That said, I'm tired of his ****ing acting job in Game 1 being acclaimed as the best thing ever. There is no one that has their knee pop, come back a minute later, and not have an ounce of trouble pivoting, driving, or stopping and starting on said "sprained" knee.

He's a Jayhawk. He can do anything.

alanm
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Lakers don't have the answer to Boston's defensive play. Laker fans get ready for a short series. :D

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 09:48 PM

That said, I'm tired of his ****ing acting job in Game 1 being acclaimed as the best thing ever. There is no one that has their knee pop, come back a minute later, and not have an ounce of trouble pivoting, driving, or stopping and starting on said "sprained" knee.Yeah, it tears your tissue holding your knee and that takes time to heal. Ask Andre Bynum. He just probably knocked knee's and that was it. IT didnt pop. If it did it would have swell up big time.

Amnorix
06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
jeebus, I haven't heard this much whining since Heinsohn was relieved of his announcing duties for being a "homer", and by the same Laker-fan crew.

Give me a break. It's not whining, just reality. The Celtics have had their share of good luck over the years -- getting Cousy out of the draw of teh hat, Selvy's blown 15 footer, etc. -- but we evened up big time in one fell swoop.

|Zach|
06-08-2008, 10:25 PM
A series doesn't start until someone wins on the road.

88TG88
06-08-2008, 10:29 PM
As long as the Celtics don't clinch the championship our court, I don't care what happens anymore.

luv
06-08-2008, 10:34 PM
As long as the Celtics don't clinch the championship our court, I don't care what happens anymore.

I'm fine with the Celtics not winning in LA, as long as the Lakers don't win in Boston. :)

|Zach|
06-08-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm fine with the Celtics not winning in LA, as long as the Lakers don't win in Boston. :)

So, uh, you are a Celtics fan?

Pablo
06-08-2008, 10:40 PM
So, uh, you are a Celtics fan?I was wondering the same thing.

The Celtics avy and motto are a bit much...

Jump bandwagons much?

58-4ever
06-08-2008, 10:43 PM
4 point game. It's Kobe time.

luv
I was wondering the same thing.

The Celtics avy and motto are a bit much...

Jump bandwagons much?

I have NEVER claimed to be a Lakers fan.

Fruit Ninja
4 point lead now. holy ****.

KCChiefsMan
god the NBA is the worst officiated sport. Rodmanovich took a ton of steps, how do they not call travel

Pablo
06-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I have NEVER claimed to be a Lakers fan.That's irrelevant.

When did you become a Celts fan?

Last week, yesterday, 20 years ago?

I can passively root for another team in another sport every now and then, but the avy and motto are a bit much.

Pablo
06-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Haha...2 point game. This is kinda comical.

luv
06-08-2008, 10:46 PM
That's irrelevant.

When did you become a Celts fan?

Last week, yesterday, 20 years ago?

I can passively root for another team in another sport every now and then, but the avy and motto are a bit much.

I can't put up an avy for a team I'm rooting for? When it comes to the NBA, I usually root for the Celtics, while I'm not a "die hard" fan. Sorry if the avy offends you for some reason.

58-4ever
06-08-2008, 10:47 PM
god the NBA is the worst officiated sport. Rodmanovich took a ton of steps, how do they not call travel

How about all the homer calls before that. Never whine about NBA officiating. It's always bad.

|Zach|
06-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Offended?

Farzin
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
dammit...celtics are so damn lucky...

Dave Lane
06-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Get a fork they are done

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 10:53 PM

pfft, complaining about that when they ****ed the game in the first half? give me a ****ing break.

Skip Towne
06-08-2008, 10:54 PM
I never watch the NBA but I watched a little more than a quarter tonight. I was surprised to see they didn't enforce the rules.

KCChiefsMan
06-08-2008, 10:56 PM
How about all the homer calls before that. Never whine about NBA officiating. It's always bad.

eh, can't argue with that.

KCChiefsMan
06-08-2008, 10:59 PM
pfft, complaining about that when they ****ed the game in the first half? give me a ****ing break.

ya, I didn't get to see the 1st half. You're right though, NBA officiating is always inconsistent

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 11:04 PM
ya, I didn't get to see the 1st half. You're right though, NBA officiating is always inconsistent

Was so many touchy fouls going one way. I have been visiting various sports sites in general and fans of other teams are saying the Lakers got hosed in the first half. Its one thing when you see nothing but Lakers fans moaning, but when you get Spurs fans backing ya up. Something is wrong. lol

Mojo Rising
06-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I agree but we also mised a lot of shoths in the 1st 1/2.

BIG_DADDY
06-09-2008, 12:44 AM

After watching that game for you to complain about that call probably makes this the most ridiculous post of the year.

Phobia
06-09-2008, 01:09 AM
I turned on the game for about 3 minutes earlier but I got bored so I made my wife turn to the Lifetime movie. It was much better.

Mojo Rising
06-09-2008, 01:13 AM
After watching that game for you to complain about that call probably makes this the most ridiculous post of the year.

I agree. There were an awful lot of clanks off the rims.

cadmonkey
06-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I'll tell you what, instead of crying about the no calls maybe the Lakers should try driving to the hoop more often and stop settling for off balanced jump shots and forcing the Celtics to foul them more.

Just a thought.

BIG_DADDY
06-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I'll tell you what, instead of crying about the no calls maybe the Lakers should try driving to the hoop more often and stop settling for off balanced jump shots and forcing the Celtics to foul them more.

Just a thought.

I said going into this that the Lakers would have to deal with the officiating. I think it goes without saying that in all sports across the board if you play New York or Boston in the playoffs or especially the finals they are going to get the calls. I am also willing to say the Lakers usually get the calls more times than not against say the Suns. The very fact that this exists at all is total BS.

For the record dog the Lakers got fouled plenty going to the hoop. I don't know what game you watched. What the Celtics are allowed to do to Gasol is a crime. One thing I noticed from the first game was that every time the Celtics rebounded and the Lakers stripped the ball it was called a fould like every friggen time. Lakers did this all season with a high level of success but suddenly when you play the Celtics you get a 100% foul rate? Give me a friggen break. They have had to abandon that entirely.

Oh and one more thing, **** Boston.

The Bad Guy
06-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Just a thought.

Driving to the hoop? Paul Pierce drives, the whistle is out before Fisher even touches him. Gasol got absolutely raped in the post, but yet no call.

Oh well. Boston is a shit road team.

When it's 3-2 going back to Boston, we'll see how much homecookin they get.

CanadaKC
06-09-2008, 10:22 AM
**** the lakers....

vailpass
06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
There are two games done in this series which means there are potentially five more to go. LA can turn this thing around. Having said that, so far IMHO:

Boston is the more aggressive team
Boston is the tougher team, pushing LA out of the lane, controlling them
Boston's D is superior
Boston makes shots when they need them
Boston's bench has played better
Boston wants it more

The Kobe effect has been accounted for and contained (as good as MJ? Please.)
Gasol and the other LA bigs have looked soft

Again, there are only 2 games in the books and anything can happen when they shift to LA. However if LA doesn't adjust in time to win game 3......

Mr. Laz
06-09-2008, 10:32 AM
here's to a Celtic sweep!!! :toast:

Brock
06-09-2008, 10:35 AM
LA appears to be a player away from being champ. caliber.

KCChiefsMan
06-09-2008, 10:39 AM

I already said I didn't get to see the first half.

cadmonkey
06-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Driving to the hoop? Paul Pierce drives, the whistle is out before Fisher even touches him. Gasol got absolutely raped in the post, but yet no call.

Oh well. Boston is a shit road team.

When it's 3-2 going back to Boston, we'll see how much homecookin they get.

how is Boston a shit road team? they had the best road record in the league durring the regular season, then took 2 from the Pistons on the road last round.

Don't expect a 3 game sweep at Staples.

BIG_DADDY
06-09-2008, 10:41 AM
I already said I didn't get to see the first half.

Saw that, sorry

Simply Red
06-09-2008, 11:30 AM
A series doesn't start until someone wins on the road.

PRECISELY!

Ari Chi3fs
06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
shit i turned off the game when it was like 95-71 or something... who knew the Lakers could ALMOST come back.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-09-2008, 12:04 PM
PRECISELY!

Well what happens if the home team wins every game :D

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm sure the Lakers will get the calls when they go back home.

Amnorix
06-09-2008, 12:10 PM
PRECISELY!

I would have agreed, but the fact that only 3 teams in NBA history have won the Finals after going 0-2 suggests maybe not so much...

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Well that was the 1st NBA game I have watched in several years. I am pulling for the Celtics but hats off to the Lakers and that come back. I am a very casual fan but it seemed to me the Celtics caught a ton of breaks and at one point were up 20+. The fact they held on by the skin of their teeth makes me think they will have their hands full in LA.

vailpass
06-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Well that was the 1st NBA game I have watched in several years. I am pulling for the Celtics but hats off to the Lakers and that come back. I am a very casual fan but it seemed to me the Celtics caught a ton of breaks and at one point were up 20+. The fact they held on by the skin of their teeth makes me think they will have their hands full in LA.

Playing with a huge lead is tough if you don't have experience doing so.
Boston learned an important lesson: play the opponent not the scoreboard.

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Playing with a huge lead is tough if you don't have experience doing so.
Boston learned an important lesson: play the opponent not the scoreboard.

You can tell from my post I know very little about the NBA or basketball for that matter (I think basketball is what they were playing or at least something close to it :)) It just seems to me that the deck was stacked against the Lakers and it took the Celtics all they had to win it. You may be right maybe they learned that you need to finish a team off when you have them down.

vailpass
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
You can tell from my post I know very little about the NBA or basketball for that matter (I think basketball is what they were playing or at least something close to it :)) It just seems to me that the deck was stacked against the Lakers and it took the Celtics all they had to win it. You may be right maybe they learned that you need to finish a team off when you have them down.

I hear you. I grew up a big hoops fan, college and NBA. I hardly recognize the pro game today.

BIG_DADDY
06-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm sure the Lakers will get the calls when they go back home.

It's called the Boston/New York effect. They get all the calls irregardless of sport when it comes to playoffs and championships.

Amnorix
06-09-2008, 01:17 PM
It's called the Boston/New York effect. They get all the calls irregardless of sport when it comes to playoffs and championships.

Like that 5 step dunk by R_____vitch at the end to bring you back to within 2 or 4 or whatever it was?

I'm thinking that the Lakers will get PLENTY of calls in LA. It might help them get a few calls if they drive to the bucket and play decent defense, as opposed to living (and dying) by the jumper and playing some pretty mediocre defense...

The overly paranoid delusions of non-Boston/NYers is an effect unto itself.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
The Lakers did get some bad calls/no calls, but that's not the reason they lost.
They lost because the Celtics are flat out kicking their ass in all phases of the game.

Direckshun
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
God, that was a dynasty on the way.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
The Lakers have no answer for Pierce. They can't put Kobe on him because he'll get into foul trouble. They can only hope Pierce will get cold.

Amnorix
06-09-2008, 01:44 PM
The Lakers have no answer for Pierce. They can't put Kobe on him because he'll get into foul trouble. They can only hope Pierce will get cold.

Appears so. It also appears they have no ability to stop the Celtics post game, if only the Celtics will BRING a post game with Garnett. Instead, GArnett ain't getting it down down on the block, so Powe comes in and owns them.

Far as I can tell, this series poses a serious matchup problem for the Lakers. Of course, homecourt means everythign in the NBA so we'll see what happens back in LA.

88TG88
06-09-2008, 02:09 PM

agree

Its over IMO

bogey
06-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Pierce is playing out of his ass, Lakers are cold, Boston refs suck.

Chief Faithful
06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm thinking game 3 is going to be a slugfest because of the way game 2 was officiated. It should be a good game.

bogey
06-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm thinking game 3 is going to be a slugfest because of the way game 2 was officiated. It should be a good game.

Hope so. I'll be there, 8 rows up from the floor behind the Lakers bench and yes, I'm bragging. I can't ****ing WAIT!

Amnorix
06-09-2008, 02:29 PM

I'd be ok with that. Lakers can't match the C's physical-ness. They're missing Bynum big time in this series.

bogey
06-09-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd be ok with that. Lakers can't match the C's physical-ness. They're missing Bynum big time in this series.

Yes they are.

The Bad Guy
06-09-2008, 09:42 PM
how is Boston a shit road team? they had the best road record in the league durring the regular season, then took 2 from the Pistons on the road last round.

Don't expect a 3 game sweep at Staples.

I am expecting it. These playoffs have told me to expect it.

The Celtics have played TERRIBLE on the road in the playoffs. I don't care about the regular season. But saying "how is Boston a shit road team" is hilarious.

Did you watch the Hawks or Cavs series?

The Bad Guy
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM

And he will.

The Lakers don't have to put Kobe on him. Pierce is not going to shot 80% from 3 point again in this series.

Sure-Oz
06-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Game 3 is pivotal, lakers win that i think they have a good shot of going 7

Chiefs Pantalones
06-09-2008, 11:29 PM
The Lakers are soft. If the Celtics continue to pound it, it won't matter where they play.

Fruit Ninja
06-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Game 3 is pivotal, lakers win that i think they have a good shot of going 7
I think Lakers learned something in the 4th quarter of that game. More spacing rather then Keeping Garnett and Perkins inside. We may see something different in tomorrows game.

BWillie
06-10-2008, 01:46 AM
I will bet all my casino cash that the Lakers win Game 3. Somebody take the bait....take it..come on meow

In fact, I think the Lakers win all 3, and then Boston comes home and wins the series...but I wouldn't bet on that.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2008, 01:55 AM
I will bet all my casino cash that the Lakers win Game 3. Somebody take the bait....take it..come on meow

In fact, I think the Lakers win all 3, and then Boston comes home and wins the series...but I wouldn't bet on that.

I'll take that bet.

If the Lakers don't start playing defense it will be over quickly.

BWillie
06-10-2008, 01:59 AM
I'll take that bet.

Deal, how about we make it $2690 though, since that is all you have. No way Kobe lets the Lakers get down in an 0-3 hole. It wouldn't matter if they were playing in Boston with in Boston. I just don't see a team as good as the Lakers letting that happen.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2008, 02:10 AM

The Celtics have played TERRIBLE on the road in the playoffs. I don't care about the regular season. But saying "how is Boston a shit road team" is hilarious.

Yep. If they win Game 3 they'll sweep. If they lose Game 3 it'll go 7 games.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Deal, how about we make it $2690 though, since that is all you have. No way Kobe lets the Lakers get down in an 0-3 hole. It wouldn't matter if they were playing in Boston with in Boston. I just don't see a team as good as the Lakers letting that happen.

Boston is the better team, SO FAR. Their defense and their transition game (the Lakers' transition D is horrible) is too much.

If defense wins championships, then Boston should be sitting pretty the rest of this series. These first two games reminded me of when the Lakers lost to the Pistons in 04. Unless the Lakers stop being soft offensively and start playing better defense, it'll be over no matter where they play.

Fruit Ninja
06-10-2008, 03:24 AM
Game 2 should have a freaking asterisk. Game 2 is just an abomination of the sport by the ref's.

Game 1 though. They just lost. I just hope the Lakers get some home cooking back in L.A.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Game 2 should have a freaking asterisk. Game 2 is just an abomination of the sport by the ref's.

Game 1 though. They just lost. I just hope the Lakers get some home cooking back in L.A.

Read this interesting article (note: non-Boston sports writer). While the free throws had a huge disparity, alot of it is because of the Lakers' pathetic shot selection, and the total number of fouls wasn't that bad as the Celtics had alot more non-shooting fouls and offensive fouls.

The fact is that if the Lakers are going to settle for 15-20 foot jump shots, then how the f*** do they expect to get to the line?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080610&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 07:02 AM

I'm hoping that got fixed, as they took 2 out of 3 on the road from Detroit.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 07:03 AM
I think Lakers learned something in the 4th quarter of that game. More spacing rather then Keeping Garnett and Perkins inside. We may see something different in tomorrows game.

All they really learned is that if the Celtics stop playing defense and give them wide open looks, they can knock them down.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 07:04 AM
I'll take that bet.

Line is 9.5 I heard this morning. Given that the refs may want to reverse any sense of taint from game 2, I don't give the C's much chance tonight. Better chance of winning game 4.

cadmonkey
06-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Pierce is playing out of his ass, Lakers are cold, Boston refs suck.

so the refs are FROM BOSTON now. ROFL

cadmonkey
06-10-2008, 07:13 AM

No. In fact no one up here did, because we are all bandwagon fans, remember. I wasn't even aware that the Celtics were even in the playoffs until I heard that they made it to the finals.

Yes, they played like crap against the Hawks and Cavaliers, but those games were close to three weeks ago. They are playing better on the road now. DID YOU WATCH THE DETROIT SERIES? THE ONE THAT THEY TOOK 2 OF 3 ON THE ROAD? or are you just going to listen to the know nothing national media, who say that the Celtics can't win away from the Garden and that they really shouldn't have a chance this series because the Lakers steam rolled the "obviously much better western conference"?

alanm
06-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Lakers do need a win tonight. If they don't you can stick a fork in them.

whatsmynameagain
06-10-2008, 08:05 AM
The west is head and shoulders above the east and to say otherwise is pathetic Celtics had the luxory of gaining homecourt by playing shit teams all season. It took the celtics 7 games in the playoffs to beat a sub 500 team in the hawks. Right now the series should be tied at a game a piece with la on the way to making it 4-1. The lakers got screwed on crap calls in the first game as well. When that backcourt was called on pau right out the gates I knew. anybody to say otherwise can bite it. la was up by 5 at the half with 51. Shot shitty the 2nd half and celtics get it. they celtics are not the better team, PERIOD.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 08:29 AM
The west is head and shoulders above the east and to say otherwise is pathetic Celtics had the luxory of gaining homecourt by playing shit teams all season. It took the celtics 7 games in the playoffs to beat a sub 500 team in the hawks. Right now the series should be tied at a game a piece with la on the way to making it 4-1. The lakers got screwed on crap calls in the first game as well. When that backcourt was called on pau right out the gates I knew. anybody to say otherwise can bite it. la was up by 5 at the half with 51. Shot shitty the 2nd half and celtics get it. they celtics are not the better team, PERIOD.

I think your name is clueless homer, but it could also be chain-yanker or Laker-wanker or a number of other possibilities.

The Bad Guy
06-10-2008, 08:44 AM
No. In fact no one up here did, because we are all bandwagon fans, remember. I wasn't even aware that the Celtics were even in the playoffs until I heard that they made it to the finals.

Yes, they played like crap against the Hawks and Cavaliers, but those games were close to three weeks ago. They are playing better on the road now. DID YOU WATCH THE DETROIT SERIES? THE ONE THAT THEY TOOK 2 OF 3 ON THE ROAD? or are you just going to listen to the know nothing national media, who say that the Celtics can't win away from the Garden and that they really shouldn't have a chance this series because the Lakers steam rolled the "obviously much better western conference"?

I watch basketball.

I don't rely on the national media to tell me anything.

I'll bring this up again when the Lakers have the lead heading back to Boston.

I do know one thing though. Leon Powe won't go to the line that many times this whole series combined as he did in game 2.

And for the "The Lakers were just a jump shooting team crowd", was Gasol shooting jumpers the whole night? I saw him be plenty aggressive, yet zero calls.

The Bad Guy
06-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I think your name is clueless homer, but it could also be chain-yanker or Laker-wanker or a number of other possibilities.

The Western Conference as a whole is stronger than the Eastern Conference. I don't think that's a stretch at all.

The Bad Guy
06-10-2008, 08:46 AM
so the refs are FROM BOSTON now. ROFL

Stop acting like you never ****ing saw teams get the home calls in sports.

whatsmynameagain
06-10-2008, 10:08 AM

That's what you "think" What I "know" is everything in my post was factual. Here's another fact for you, your a closet fag with all youur yanker talk and you don't know rat shit from rice krispies.

Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Lakers will win tonight. Boston hasn't been able to win on the road in the playoffs for the most part.

That and the Lakers NEED to win tonight. It's pretty much over if they don't.

Reerun_KC
06-10-2008, 10:12 AM
This is amazing, love the NBA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRDzJ-VUV2o

vailpass
06-10-2008, 10:40 AM
I watch basketball.

I don't rely on the national media to tell me anything.

I'll bring this up again when the Lakers have the lead heading back to Boston.

I do know one thing though. Leon Powe won't go to the line that many times this whole series combined as he did in game 2.

And for the "The Lakers were just a jump shooting team crowd", was Gasol shooting jumpers the whole night? I saw him be plenty aggressive, yet zero calls.

Gasol is soft, Celts will continue to push him out.
Boston in 6.

cadmonkey
06-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Stop acting like you never ****ing saw teams get the home calls in sports.

I'm laughing at the fact he called the refs "BOSTON REFS". Dude, you need to lighten up.

cadmonkey
06-10-2008, 11:05 AM
That's what you "think" What I "know" is everything in my post was factual. Here's another fact for you, your a closet Rump Ranger with all youur yanker talk and you don't know rat shit from rice krispies.

Posted via Mobile Device

I found rat shit IN rice krispies once.

beach tribe
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
So uhh, who's winning?

whatsmynameagain
06-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I found rat shit IN rice krispies once.

did you eat it?

Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
06-10-2008, 11:27 AM
did you eat it?

Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefmanwillgetyou.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 11:27 AM
The Western Conference as a whole is stronger than the Eastern Conference. I don't think that's a stretch at all.

I didn't watch much non-Celtics basketball, but I'd agree with that base don everything I've read. Of course, the Celtics MORE than held their own against hte West this year (20-4 or whatever it was) including a sweep in the dreaded Texas Triangle or whatever they call it, so I'm not sure what it means here in the Finals...

Mr. Kotter
06-10-2008, 11:31 AM
So uhh, who's winning?

Oh, I think the Lakers are up 2-0....based on the trash-talking and chest-thumping.

;)

vailpass
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Looks like there are some Laker fans here who are in shock. I saw a lot of you predicting a Laker sweep or a Laker win in 5 before the series started. A lot of you talked about how Kobe couldn't be controlled, how LA is a dynasty in the making; some of you were assuming a ring this year and counting rings for several years to come.
Now LA is down 2 games to none and it is abundantly clear so far that on the game's biggest stage Kobe is no Michael.

There is still a lot of ball left to be played. If LA wins tonight it is anybody's series to take.
Still, I'm guessing some of you Laker fans have had a little adjustment in perspective.

Calcountry
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Just count the banners, they are like the Yankees in Basketball.

beach tribe
06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh, I think the Lakers are up 2-0....based on the trash-talking and chest-thumping.

;)

Hehehe.

vailpass
06-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Just count the banners, they are like the Yankees in Basketball.

No doubt. Of all the franchises to run championship smack at Boston has to be at the bottom of the list.
It's like knocking UCLA for college hoops.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
This is amazing, love the NBA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRDzJ-VUV2o

ya, that's the play I complained about on here. But I didn't get to turn the game on until the middle of the 3rd quarter. So I didn't realize that the Lakers did actually get screwed

cadmonkey
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM
ya, that's the play I complained about on here. But I didn't get to turn the game on until the middle of the 3rd quarter. So I didn't realize that the Lakers did actually get screwed

ehh, I've seen a lot worse traveling. That actually wasn't all that bad.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Now LA is down 2 games to none and it is abundantly clear so far that on the game's biggest stage Kobe is no Michael.

Dude STFU, seriously.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Dude STFU, seriously.

Well, Michael is the GOAT, and Kobe isn't, you can't argue that.

vailpass
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Dude STFU, seriously.

Why? Are you still saying Kobe=MJ? Have you watched the last two games? Are you seriously saying that this Celtic team would have beaten MJ?
Michael couldn't wait for the big stage, high-pressure games. It is where he shined.
Kobe can't wait....for them to be over.
Please, drop the homer shades.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, Michael is the GOAT, and Kobe isn't, you can't argue that.

Alright, I know I am going to regret this GOAT?

vailpass
06-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Alright, I know I am going to regret this GOAT?

Greatest of All Time

Brock
06-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Kobe wanted to prove he could do it on his own.

Kobe should have just STFU.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Greatest of All Time

You simply cannot compare people half way through their career to somebody who is done. Half of Kobe's legacy has yet to be written. I am not psychic like the rest of you. I will reserve judgement for the end.

This series is a nightmare. The Lakers are playing like shit clanking shots all over the place and have lost their aggression, at the same time the Celtics are playing out of their mind. On top of that the Lakers have to deal with an officiating staff that has produced the most lob sided calls in the history of the finals? WTF Maybe the Lakers will get some calls in the first game back in LA but that will probably only be there to extend the series and the NBA's profits. I remember when Pierce went down, the first thing I thought was I didn't want LA to win that way. I really wanted them to be the best team and win based on that. We had the makings for a great series. After all these years we finally had the Lakers/Celtics back in the finals. I guess this what sports is coming down to. You can go on and on about how roids is ruining the game but all one really needs to do is look at the current state of officiating to really get discouraged about following sports. I can't believe the NBA would let this happen especially after the Donahee debacle this year.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Kobe wanted to prove he could do it on his own.

Kobe should have just STFU.

You used to be a pretty cool guy. Now it seems all you want to do anymore is try really hard to be a dick. What's the point?

Brock
06-10-2008, 02:11 PM
You used to be a pretty cool guy. Now it seems all you want to do anymore is try really hard to be a dick. What's the point?

Oh, I'm sorry. You don't like me interrupting your hero worship?

All I pointed out was that Kobe ran Shaq out of town because he wanted to do it on his own. Sorry if that gets your pussy all chafed up.

bogey
06-10-2008, 02:14 PM

All I pointed out was that Kobe ran Shaq out of town because he wanted to do it on his own. Sorry if that gets your pussy all chafed up.

The Lakers got rid of Shaq because he was at the end of his career. Shaq proved them right.

Brock
06-10-2008, 02:15 PM
The Lakers got rid of Shaq because he was at the end of his career. Shaq proved them right.

That team would have and should have won at least 2 more championships.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:19 PM

Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. If you followed the sport at all you would know that. They both came out like 2 years ago and wanted to make it a matter of public record that Kobe had absolutely nothing to do with him leaving. Don't let that stop you though.

As far as you trying to be a dick is concerned my comment had little to do with this thread, just an observation about your posting style in general. The old Brock was pointed when it counted, the new one resembles GOATSE. My 2 cents.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 02:20 PM

You and I both know that the Lakers had to choose between their 2 stars. I don't want to say they picked wrong, but it seems obvious to me that if those 2 could've gotten along a bit longer, they could've picked up another banner or two.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
You simply cannot compare people half way through their career to somebody who is done. Half of Kobe's legacy has yet to be written. I am not psychic like the rest of you. I will reserve judgement for the end.

This series is a nightmare. The Lakers are playing like shit clanking shots all over the place and have lost their aggression, at the same time the Celtics are playing out of their mind. On top of that the Lakers have to deal with an officiating staff that has produced the most lob sided calls in the history of the finals? WTF Maybe the Lakers will get some calls in the first game back in LA but that will probably only be there to extend the series and the NBA's profits. I remember when Pierce went down, the first thing I thought was I didn't want LA to win that way. I really wanted them to be the best team and win based on that. We had the makings for a great series. After all these years we finally had the Lakers/Celtics back in the finals. I guess this what sports is coming down to. You can go on and on about how roids is ruining the game but all one really needs to do is look at the current state of officiating to really get discouraged about following sports. I can't believe the NBA would let this happen especially after the Donahee debacle this year.

Celtics have been playing out of their mind the entire regular season and playoffs I guess. How do they do that? Get lucky for so many games.

Face it the Celtics have stepped up while the Lakers have not. Not saying it can't change starting tonight, but so far that's how it's been.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Agreed, but they were right in keeping Kobe over Shaq.

vailpass
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM

Good points. Agree you can't fully evaluate a career until it is complete.
I too was pumped to see a Boston/LA series. Did you see the commercial with Bird/Magic doing the half face thing? Cool.

I would add that officiating tends to even itself out over a series and that LA didn't lose game two because of the refs, they lost because Boston outplayed them that night.

Brock
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. If you followed the sport at all you would know that. They both came out like 2 years ago and wanted to make it a matter of public record that Kobe had absolutely nothing to do with him leaving. Don't let that stop you though.

As far as you trying to be a dick is concerned my comment had little to do with this thread, just an observation about your posting style in general. The old Brock was pointed when it counted, the new one resembles GOATSE. My 2 cents.

Is that why Phil wrote all about the Kobe/Shaq feud in his book? I'm not making anything up. Quit acting like you are the only one who knows anything about the NBA and the Lakers. Just because Phil mended his fences with Kobe doesn't mean that what he said back then wasn't true.

As far as what you think of me or my posting style, who would give a shit what you think about that? Nobody that I can think of.

Brock
06-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Agreed, but they were right in keeping Kobe over Shaq.

People act like it was one or the other. It wasn't.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 02:26 PM

Dude, there is an entire Wiki page on the feud. Make-nice public statements so they don't both come off as arrogant prima donna a-holes doesn't change facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq-Kobe_feud

vailpass
06-10-2008, 02:28 PM
If I was Shaq I would have beat Kobe into little bitty pieces the minute Kobe threw him under the bus to try and take attention away from his rape allegations.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Dude, there is an entire Wiki page on the feud. Make-nice public statements so they don't both come off as arrogant prima donna a-holes doesn't change facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq-Kobe_feud

Nobody denies there was a huge feud/power struggle. Neither demanded a trade the year they decided to dump Shaq.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-10-2008, 02:29 PM

I really don't know, always assumed it was a one or the other thing.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:33 PM
If I was Shaq I would have beat Kobe into little bitty pieces the minute Kobe threw him under the bus to try and take attention away from his rape allegations.

Kobe has made a lot of mistakes, no doubt. Other than deciding he just had to have that Denver snow bunny that one was probably the worst. I am sure there will be people like you to remind him of those failures as long as he continues to breath.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Is that why Phil wrote all about the Kobe/Shaq feud in his book? I'm not making anything up. Quit acting like you are the only one who knows anything about the NBA and the Lakers. Just because Phil mended his fences with Kobe doesn't mean that what he said back then wasn't true.

As far as what you think of me or my posting style, who would give a shit what you think about that? Nobody that I can think of.

OK GOATSE

Brock
06-10-2008, 02:35 PM
OK GOATSE

Great comeback there. You must be the alpha male.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:36 PM

LMAO

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Actually I am just feeling like and old male right now. God I hate getting older.

Adept Havelock
06-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Actually I am just feeling like and old male right now. God I hate getting older.

I can sympathize. Just remember it beats the alternative.

He's GENETICALLY SUPERIOR! THAT'S HOW HE ROLLS! :p

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
I can sympathize. Just remember it beats the alternative.

He's GENETICALLY SUPERIOR! THAT'S HOW HE ROLLS! :p

Like 9 months ago I was a solid 235 rocked with great cardio and felt pretty young. Two injuries and and intestinal infection later I just feel like I am wasting away. But that's another thread.

vailpass
06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Kobe has made a lot of mistakes, no doubt. Other than deciding he just had to have that Denver snow bunny that one was probably the worst. I am sure there will be people like you to remind him of those failures as long as he continues to breath.

I couldn't care less if he banged a white bitch or twenty. It's how he handled himself when he got caught that I can't forget.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I couldn't care less if he banged a white bitch or twenty. It's how he handled himself when he got caught that I can't forget.

It was inexcusable, no doubt.

The Bad Guy
06-10-2008, 03:55 PM

At the time, it was.

Shaq demanded, even screamed at Jerry Buss, to pay him during an exhibition game. He wanted 30 some million a year. No way was an owner giving him that at the time.

Kobe was a free agent the next year.

Because their relationship spun out of control because they were two egomaniacs, Kobe would have bolted first chance he got if Shaq got the extension.

The Bad Guy
06-10-2008, 03:57 PM

They should have won prior to 2000. They had a sick, sick team back in 1997, but the Jazz were just better.

But after the Malone, Payton debacle, there was no way that team was going to win again. They were too old, with two few resources to get younger immediately.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2008, 04:07 PM
They should have won prior to 2000. They had a sick, sick team back in 1997, but the Jazz were just better.

But after the Malone, Payton debacle, there was no way that team was going to win again. They were too old, with two few resources to get younger immediately.

I agree. The team right now is built for the long haul. There are so many things they are going to be able to do.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Celts leading again. How's the officiating tonight?

Fruit Ninja
06-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Celts leading again. How's the officiating tonight?

A little better.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-10-2008, 10:05 PM
A little better.

Cool. Just started watching it. Players need to decide games.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I've seen enough to confidently predict a Celtics title. The Celtics are having an off night and they are still up by two, with their best player in foul trouble and playing poorly. This series is the C's to lose.

FAX
06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
C'mon Celtics!!!

FAX

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2008, 10:46 PM
AWESOME SHOT, PAU!

FAX
06-10-2008, 10:47 PM
We need some stops.

FAX

Basileus777
06-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Garnett has found success every time he's taken the ball to the basket tonight. Unfortunately, that has only happened 5 times. The guy just has postaphobia.

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
This Colby kid is pretty good.

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Celtics, you ****tards.

Hahaha Odom, you ****tard.

Basileus777
06-10-2008, 10:55 PM
LOL ODOM! Cant even get that freebee.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
This is probably the worst Lakers team to ever go to the Finals. They delayed the inevitable by winning tonight. The Celtics played absolutely terrible and still almost came up with the win.

Basileus777
06-10-2008, 10:57 PM
This is probably the worst Lakers team to ever go to the Finals. They delayed the inevitable by winning tonight. The Celtics played absolutely terrible and still almost came up with the win.

Both teams played like shit. Kobe, Sasha and Ray were the only players in the game that remembered this was a finals game.

Fruit Ninja
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM

Hell, if the lakers were to shoot their average in FT's, it would have bene easily at 15 point Victory. They just couldnt hit.

Smed1065
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Garnett has found success every time he's taken the ball to the basket tonight. Unfortunately, that has only happened 5 times. The guy just has postaphobia.

So it was just not me?

The difference tonight was jump shots versus driving.

These are the best 2 teams in the NBA?
I remember why I stopped watching the regular NBA regular season 3 years ago.

FAX
06-10-2008, 11:00 PM
How disappointing.

I was kind of looking forward to seeing Jack taken out on a stretcher.

FAX

BWillie
06-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I'll take that bet.

Where's my mooooooney?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Hell, if the lakers were to shoot their average in FT's, it would have bene easily at 15 point Victory. They just couldnt hit.

lol if Sasha doesn't get his points, you guys don't even reach the 80s and you lose.

Fruit Ninja
06-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Garnett is a jump shooting 7 footer. He for some reason does not like to attack the basket all that much. I really have no idea why, He's so damned good at that as well.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Well, there's the makeup game, so y'all can stop bitching about game 2 now. If the Lakers weren't bricking their free throws, the refs would've had the deal sealed by the 3rd quarter.

In answer to kcxiv, I have no idea why GArnett doesn't play the post more. Drives me INSANE. Every time I see him take an 18 foot jumper, I want to scream.

Amnorix
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
A little better.

ROFLROFLROFL

Still bad, just bad the other way...

Farzin
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
YES!! LAKE SHOW IS ALIVE!!

Basileus777
06-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Of course the officiating was going to change for this game. And its not even about homecourt. The NBA doesn't want this series to be over. The ratings have already been a disappointment, they certainly don't want Boston to go up 3-0. Extending the series, thats their aim.

Sure-Oz
06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Garnett is a jump shooting 7 footer. He for some reason does not like to attack the basket all that much. I really have no idea why, He's so damned good at that as well.

that is the one knock, he never is aggressive going to the hole...that bastard should always use his body to get inside and shoot it.

Smed1065
06-11-2008, 01:13 AM
that is the one knock, he never is aggressive going to the hole...that bastard should always use his body to get inside and shoot it.

I agree but if he made the jumpers, I would not but this series his shooting sucks, even in wins.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-11-2008, 02:06 AM

Sure is a lot of if's and but's in your post's about the this series.

Fruit Ninja
06-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Sure is a lot of if's and but's in your post's about the this series. Alright let me rephrase it. All 3 games were close. Yes, Boston got lazy in game 2, but this is the NBA finals you do that it can come back and bite you in the ass. Lakers NEVER got down on themselves and still got within 2 points after being embarrassed for 3 quarters. Lakers had the heart NOT to give up. Lakers have not been blown out in any game this post season. They got down 17 against San Antonio NEVER gave up and came back to win. The next game they went down by 20 to San Antonio and came back to win the game. Regardless of what happens this post season the Lakers are still a damned fine team that NEVER gives up. This series is far from ****ing over.

Again, each team is doing what they are supposed to be doing. winning at home. Is that better for you?

The Bad Guy
06-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Well, there's the makeup game, so y'all can stop bitching about game 2 now. If the Lakers weren't bricking their free throws, the refs would've had the deal sealed by the 3rd quarter.

In answer to kcxiv, I have no idea why GArnett doesn't play the post more. Drives me INSANE. Every time I see him take an 18 foot jumper, I want to scream.

Maybe Garnett can learn the proper way to set screens too.

If the refs called every time he decided to move his feet for a screen, he would have fouled out with about 3 minutes left to go in the game.

Amnorix
06-11-2008, 06:47 AM

If the refs called every time he decided to move his feet for a screen, he would have fouled out with about 3 minutes left to go in the game.

Yep. No argument. KG came up small yesterday. Let's hope he and Pierce can get back on track.

cadmonkey
06-11-2008, 06:56 AM

hell, if Garnett or Pierce could get just two shots each to fall the Lakers would be down 3-0. That was a pretty terrible performance by the Lakers last night. They were supposed to be handed this game, and they didn't even want it.

cadmonkey
06-11-2008, 06:58 AM

and maybe Kobe can learn to keep his f*cking mouth shout. Does he have a bet with someone for how many technical fouls he can get.

The Bad Guy
06-11-2008, 07:23 AM
and maybe Kobe can learn to keep his f*cking mouth shout. Does he have a bet with someone for how many technical fouls he can get.

Maybe he does.

DaKCMan AP
06-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Is that you, Pau?

http://www.birdsasart.com/grey%20crowned%20crane%20backlit.jpghttp://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/08finals_g1-1.jpg

cadmonkey
06-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Is that you, Pau?

http://www.birdsasart.com/grey%20crowned%20crane%20backlit.jpghttp://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/08finals_g1-1.jpg

I feel so bad for who ever has to guard Gasol. He looks like he hasn't showered in months.

Amnorix
06-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I feel so bad for who ever has to guard Gasol. He looks like he hasn't showered in months.

Well, KG might shower 3 times a day, but since he's got sweat dripping off his face 2 minutes into the first quarter, let's just say that if I were a ref, I wouldn't be getting too close to either of those guys. :D

But you're right -- Gasol looks like he just rolled out of bed after a month-long bender. WTF is up with that?

whatsmynameagain
06-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, KG might shower 3 times a day, but since he's got sweat dripping off his face 2 minutes into the first quarter, let's just say that if I were a ref, I wouldn't be getting too close to either of those guys. :D

yeah right, kg never stops sweating. he is soaked before tip off. he has a natural sweat spring inside his body.

Posted via Mobile Device

KC Dan
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Of course the officiating was going to change for this game. And its not even about homecourt. The NBA doesn't want this series to be over. The ratings have already been a disappointment, they certainly don't want Boston to go up 3-0. Extending the series, thats their aim.
Unfortunately, yep. See the link about NBA playoff referee influencing lengthening playoff series:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8231176?MSNHPHMA

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM

I've always thought Gasol looks like he's on cocaine...since he was 12. Dude looks baked all the time.

RedNeckRaider
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I've always thought Gasol looks like he's on cocaine...since he was 12. Dude looks baked all the time.

Gee it does not seem that long ago that Boston had the goofy looking white guys. Man times have changed.

Calcountry
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
The fakers are going to do a fadeaway.

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Do you guys really think the refs are intentionally throwing the games so the series will extend?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Do you guys really think the refs are intentionally throwing the games so the series will extend?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were. I think Boston is the better team. Just as a poster said, If Garnett and Pierce score at least 10 points a piece, not even that, they are up 3-0. They played horrible and still almost pulled it out on the road. Defense is the difference, and Boston plays better than LA. I think they'll win one of these road games and close it out in six. There's a lot of ball to be played, I hope both teams play better.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they were. I think Boston is the better team. Just as a poster said, If Garnett and Pierce score at least 10 points a piece, not even that, they are up 3-0. They played horrible and still almost pulled it out on the road. Defense is the difference, and Boston plays better than LA. I think they'll win one of these road games and close it out in six. There's a lot of ball to be played, I hope both teams play better.

You are such a homer

Amnorix
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Gee it does not seem that long ago that Boston had the goofy looking white guys. Man times have changed.

McHale was Frankenstein with hairy pits, but I'd kill to have someone who can play the post like him. That ain't KG's game, and the Lakers would get trounced by a player like McHale if we had one.

RedNeckRaider
06-11-2008, 02:38 PM
McHale was Frankenstein with hairy pits, but I'd kill to have someone who can play the post like him. That ain't KG's game, and the Lakers would get trounced by a player like McHale if we had one.
Got to fess up I was a total bandwagon fan of that Boston team :) You are right but then again they could answer by saying if they had so and so from those great teams they had in the 80s.

Amnorix
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Got to fess up I was a total bandwagon fan of that Boston team :) You are right but then again they could answer by saying if they had so and so from those great teams they had in the 80s.

Right, but I'm not looking for another player, just a different type of player. Sure, any fool could say "give me MJ and my team would WIN!" I'm not asking for Bird or Russ or anything ridiculous.

KG might be a better overall player, but if I could get a Dave Cowens or Kevin McHale for him instead, the matchup would be much better for hte Celtics. For whatever reason, KG refuses to abuse the Lakers in the post the way that HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO. It's ridiculously aggravating. At one point -- after clanging another 20 footer, I was seriously thinking they should put Powe in instead of KG. And to even have that thought cross my mind for a second is pathetic.

Direckshun
06-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Garnett is just what the doctor ordered defensively, though. Neither McHale nor Cowen had the speed to shut down Odom the way Garnett has. And if the Lakers can't get Odom going, it's incredibly hard for them to win -- thus their offensive impotence in the Finals.

Well, Cowen actually could probably keep up with Odom. But still.

Basileus777
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM

Its almost certainly been done in the past on at least several occasions. It doesn't take much to give one team an edge in officiating. Just letting one team play more physical or calling more cheap fouls. A few free throws can decide a game.

Basileus777
06-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Garnett is a great defender, but I think you are overestimating Odom. He's quick for a PF, but he can't create his own shot. He's not an iso scorer. He scores off garbage points and shots created by Kobe and Gasol.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2008, 03:11 PM
You are such a homer

I'm a Bulls fan. A win for either team makes me happy because my boy Phil Jackson will own the record for most titles surpassing Auerbach if they win, and Paul Pierce (GO KU!) will get his first title if they win. Either way works for me, I'm just calling it by how I see it NOW, and right now, after three games at least, the Celtics are the better team it seems. They beat themselves last night by coming out sluggish and playing terrible offensive basketball. You have to give credit to the Lakers though for being more aggressive on the offensive, and especially the defensive side.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm a Bulls fan. A win for either team makes me happy because my boy Phil Jackson will own the record for most titles surpassing Auerbach if they win, and Paul Pierce (GO KU!) will get his first title if they win. Either way works for me, I'm just calling it by how I see it NOW, and right now, after three games at least, the Celtics are the better team it seems. They beat themselves last night by coming out sluggish and playing terrible offensive basketball. You have to give credit to the Lakers though for being more aggressive on the offensive, and especially the defensive side.

I agree the Celtics have played better as a unit so far, more physical. The series should be 2-1 right now. I just wish the officials would call the game the way it should be. The players deserve that. The teams deserve that and mostly the fans deserve that.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I agree the Celtics have played better as a unit so far, more physical. The series should be 2-1 right now. I just wish the officials would call the game the way it should be. The players deserve that. The teams deserve that and mostly the fans deserve that.

Oh I definitely agree. The refs are ruining the game, and so is Stern, IMO. I think the officiating was altered in game two to make it go six or seven games. They need to call a foul, a foul. There can't be a gray area in sports. IMO, the two teams are the black and the white, the officials are the gray, and by their bad calls and obvious mistakes, they alter a game soooo much, IMO. This is just my opinion though. I don't mean to blame refs, but I am...if that makes any sense. Hell what's happening with the ref now in the news gives my argument, and those that do agree, more weight. I wish business-minded jackasses would keep their hands off these great sports we love.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Oh I definitely agree. The refs are ruining the game, and so is Stern, IMO. I think the officiating was altered in game two to make it go six or seven games. They need to call a foul, a foul. There can't be a gray area in sports. IMO, the two teams are the black and the white, the officials are the gray, and by their bad calls and obvious mistakes, they alter a game soooo much, IMO. This is just my opinion though. I don't mean to blame refs, but I am...if that makes any sense. Hell what's happening with the ref now in the news gives my argument, and those that do agree, more weight. I wish business-minded jackasses would keep their hands off these great sports we love.

The refs are all anyone is talking about in this series, it's really a shame.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
You know what's funny, I told you it was moronic for the NBA to try and control the series with the refs on game 2 after the Donaghy debacle. This is blowing up in their face BIG TIME after finally getting the 2 teams they wanted in the finals. It's all anyone is talking about people and media.

Fruit Ninja
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2hogw3b.jpg Thats how the Lakers do it up after a win.

Amnorix
06-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Garnett is just what the doctor ordered defensively, though. Neither McHale nor Cowen had the speed to shut down Odom the way Garnett has. And if the Lakers can't get Odom going, it's incredibly hard for them to win -- thus their offensive impotence in the Finals.

Well, Cowen actually could probably keep up with Odom. But still.

I agree McHale isn't as good as Garnett defensively, but he WAS first team all NBA defense several times if I remember right, and overall was a superb defensive player. Honestly, though, I haven't seen Odom enough to know what he can/can't do to figure out if McHale would be a decent matchup for him.

To be honest, it seems to me that Cowens and KG are very, very similar players. Extremely/absurdly intense all the time, hustlers, very good at running the floor, good at handling the ball for their size, and good outside shooters. Note, however, that I never watched Cowens play full time -- around the time I started caring about basketball was when Bird joined (I was 9 or 10 years old), and Cowens was trying his comeback with the Bucks or whoever it was...

whatsmynameagain
06-12-2008, 04:10 PM
time to get even. GO LAKE SHOW!
Posted via redrum's mom's computer

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2008, 04:11 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2hogw3b.jpg Thats how the Lakers do it up after a win.

LMAO

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Garnett is a great defender, but I think you are overestimating Odom. He's quick for a PF, but he can't create his own shot. He's not an iso scorer. He scores off garbage points and shots created by Kobe and Gasol.

I hate the Lakers, but I think this assessment of Odom is not entirely accurate. He is quick for a PF, but he handles the ball very well, and can create his own shot when needed. The problem is that with the triangle offense there is not really a call for that, and when there is an occassion where they need to clear out or go one-on-one, they have Kobe.

And since the majority of the plays are ran for Kobe and Gasol, and they take most of the shots, most other Lakers score off shots created by Kobe and Gasol.

Amnorix
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I'd personally like to thank that Donaghy guy, who will probably influence the refs NOT to be too homer'ish tonight and to call an even game.

I think tonight should present the Celtics with a very good chance to win. I gave htem almost no shot at game 3, all things considered, and was surprised they did as well as they did. If at least 2 of the big 3 can have a solid game, and Rondo's ankle is ok, I think the C's have a very good shot indeed.

DRIVE TO THE HOOP KG, YOU MORON!! MAKE GASOL YOUR BITCH FOR CHRISSAKES.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd personally like to thank that Donaghy guy, who will probably influence the refs NOT to be too homer'ish tonight and to call an even game.

I think tonight should present the Celtics with a very good chance to win. I gave htem almost no shot at game 3, all things considered, and was surprised they did as well as they did. If at least 2 of the big 3 can have a solid game, and Rondo's ankle is ok, I think the C's have a very good shot indeed.

DRIVE TO THE HOOP KG, YOU MORON!! MAKE GASOL YOUR BITCH FOR CHRISSAKES.

KG may be the best jump shooting big man of all time (according to announcers) but you are so right. Gasol is not really much of a shot blocker. KG has a pretty decent post game, if he would use it.

whatsmynameagain
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
The last game was the celtics showing their true colors. the lakers have been cold every game in the series as a team and have been able to keep it close even with there refs trying to hand them one. boston will be lucky to win another game. too bad the lakers are going to win it all on the road....
if your doubting it please remember game 1 score after the first half.

Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix
06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
KG may be the best jump shooting big man of all time (according to announcers) but you are so right. Gasol is not really much of a shot blocker. KG has a pretty decent post game, if he would use it.

I agree. KG has a sweet outside shot, espeically for a 7 footer.

But we have Ray Allen and Paul Pierce for that shat. What we need is for KG to beat the sh*t out of Gasol or whoever on the block, draw fouls, and if doubled kick out to the open man on the perimeter.

Getting the ball in space and taking an 18 foot J is NOT what we need him to do. That's what we would need if we were playing the 1986 Celtics who could dominate inside defensively. Against this lightweight finesse Lakers team, we need to kick the crap out of them inside or force doubles to open up the perimeter for the guards and Pierce.

Amnorix
06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
The last game was the celtics showing their true colors. the lakers have been cold every game in the series as a team and have been able to keep it close even with there refs trying to hand them one. boston will be lucky to win another game. too bad the lakers are going to win it all on the road....
if your doubting it please remember game 1 score after the first half.

Posted via Mobile Device

So you predict the Celtics won't win another game. Got it. Please be advised that your stupid statements will be used against you in the court of ChiefsPlanet.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2008, 04:45 PM

But we have Ray Allen and Paul Pierce for that shat. What we need is for KG to beat the sh*t out of Gasol or whoever on the block, draw fouls, and if doubled kick out to the open man on the perimeter.

Getting the ball in space and taking an 18 foot J is NOT what we need him to do. That's what we would need if we were playing the 1986 Celtics who could dominate inside defensively. Against this lightweight finesse Lakers team, we need to kick the crap out of them inside or force doubles to open up the perimeter for the guards and Pierce.

I will say this, I would rather have KG taking an 18' jump shot with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, that Cassel dribbling the ball for 20 seconds and shooting a crappy shot. He did that 3 out of 4 trips at one point in game 3. I was so pissed, I was screaming at Doc Rivers through my TV "what kind of fu**ing offense is this?"

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2008, 04:45 PM

The NBA is not my strong suit but I agree he plays very small for a 7 footer

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
**** BOSTON

whatsmynameagain
06-12-2008, 04:52 PM
So you predict the Celtics won't win another game. Got it. Please be advised that your stupid statements will be used against you in the court of ChiefsPlanet.

im confident in the lakers winning it all and to due so they absolutley have to win the next three straight, no game 7 in boston. kobe bryant's will is so much more than all of the celtics combined. just ask that chick in denver.
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Going home to watch this, GO LAKERS!!!!

bogey
06-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Going home to watch this, GO LAKERS!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!

Fruit Ninja
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Lakers up 16-6 to start off. Lamar Odom showed up big time.

Easy 6
06-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Lakers up 16-6 to start off. Lamar Odom showed up big time.

Jackson chewed his ass.

They're off to a hot start, we'll see.

Silock
06-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Streaming link:

http://www.zapateiro.com/tvc/abc.htm

Spott
06-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Celtics look like they have already given up this game and it's still the first quarter.

beach tribe
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm trying real hard to watch. Just my opinion, and not trying to stir crap in a BBall thread, but it's almost impossible.............Just changed it.

Skip Towne
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm trying real hard to watch. Just my opinion, and not trying to stir crap in a BBall thread, but it's almost impossible.............Just changed it.

I plan to watch the last ten minutes.

Spott
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Lakers winning by 3 touchdowns after the first quarter.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I wonder what the free throw attempt record is for a Finals game.

Amnorix
06-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Or, umm, not.

Fruit Ninja
06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I wonder what the free throw attempt record is for a Finals game.

No idea, but its not going to be any records in this game.