PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft SportingNews AFCW Offseason Report Card

Ugly Duck
06-08-2008, 09:33 PM
B - Oakland Raiders. Cornerback DeAngelo Hall, wide receiver Javon Walker and strong safety Gibril Wilson look like nice pickups -- and Darren McFadden, already signed by the team, was the top running back in the draft. Asking former 49er Kwame Harris to play left tackle and protect second-year quarterback JaMarcus Russell's blind side is risky.

B-minus - Kansas City Chiefs. Players moved in and out of K.C. at warp speed. The Chiefs may not get big results this year, but they set themselves up for the future with a boffo draft. Trading defensive end Jared Allen will hurt in the short term.

C-plus - Denver Broncos. Denver supplemented its roster with several middle-tier free agents but no difference-makers. First-round pick Ryan Clady is expected to replace the retired Matt Lepsis at left tackle.

C-minus - San Diego Chargers. They fortified their depth on the offensive line and secondary, but they lost more than they gained in free agency. They will miss backup running back Michael Turner and cornerback Drayton Florence.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=421164

Pablo
06-08-2008, 09:35 PM
What a f*cking joke. I suppose FA acquisitions are pertinent to DRAFT grades.

Count Zarth
06-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Ugly Duck searched long and hard o'er the internet before he finally found a draft grade that ranked the Chiefs behind the Raiders. Then he did go forth to Chiefsplanet and post it with great merriment. And then he climaxed.

Ugly Duck
06-08-2008, 09:38 PM
And then he climaxed.

No way, Dood.... I'm an actual human being with a real wife.

Pablo
06-08-2008, 09:38 PM
There ya go...offseason, not draft.

StcChief
06-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Faider's FA pickups? we will see when season starts. Is it sept yet?

Rausch
06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Ugly Duck searched long and hard o'er the internet before he finally found a draft grade that ranked the Chiefs behind the Raiders. Then he did go forth to Chiefsplanet and post it with great merriment. And then he climaxed.

They've finally spent money on truly talented players but they no longer have any heart or soul to their team.

For a few years Red-ass and Rod and Romo and Brown and Rice held them together. Well, when they weren't yelling at teammates or breaking their jaws.

Now? Who? Who's the leader? Who's the vet to lead or that commands respect?...

Ugly Duck
06-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Faider's FA pickups?

DeAngelo Hall 1st-round pick from Atlanta at CB
Javon Walker 1st-round pick from Denver at WR
William Joseph 1st-round pick from the Giants at DT
Kwame Harris 1st-round pick from SF somewhere on the O-line
John Wade from the Bucs at Center
Drew Carter from Carolina at WR
Kalimba Edwards from the Lions at DE
Greg Spires from the Bucs at DE
Edgerton Hartwell long-time backup to Ray Lewis at LB
Gibril Wilson from the Giants at SS allowing Michael Huff to move to FS

Rausch
06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
DeAngelo Hall 1st-round pick from Atlanta at CB
Javon Walker 1st-round pick from Denver at WR
William Joseph 1st-round pick from the Giants at DT
Kwame Harris 1st-round pick from SF somewhere on the O-line
John Wade from the Bucs at Center
Drew Carter from Carolina at WR
Kalimba Edwards from the Lions at DE
Greg Spires from the Bucs at DE
Edgerton Hartwell long-time backup to Ray Lewis at LB
Gibril Wilson from the Giants at SS allowing Michael Huff to move to FS

I don't think Al did all that much reaching this year. Dumping Rhodes was ****ing stupid, I'm glad you did, but that's the only big gaff I'd slap they Crypt Keeper with this offseason.

Well, other than draft day...:evil:

CrazyPhuD
06-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Raiders....mortgaging their cap future for the joy of being a 4-11-1 team.

Ugly Duck
06-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Dumping Rhodes was ****ing stupid

Notice that nobody wanted to pick the guy up after Oakland let him go. He finally managed to land back in Indy for a one-year league minimum.

Farzin
06-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Funny part is that is the list is completely reversed from last years division standings.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I absolutely love the fact that kwame harris will be in a raider uniform next year. Perfect fit :clap:

vailpass
06-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Notice that nobody wanted to pick the guy up after Oakland let him go. He finally managed to land back in Indy for a one-year league minimum.

The league has figured out that RBs are short-term liabilities, not long term assets.
Deals like the LJ contracat are a thing of the past that are seen with less and less frequency.

noa
06-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I think giving Javon Walker that much money will turn out to be a huge mistake.

HemiEd
06-09-2008, 12:32 PM
When I think of Darren McFadden, I think of the Chicago Bears and their high draft choices at RB. LMAO

Rashaan Salaam (sp)
Curtis Enis
Cedric Benson

Thanks Al Davis for leaving Glen Dorsey on the board! :clap:

Chief Faithful
06-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Here in Atlanta I've watched DeAngelo Hall for years. He is one of the most talented CB's in the league, but his talent is offset by being one of the most undisciplined hot headed players in the league. He is a perfect Raider in the sense for every play he makes he will be out of position giving up a big play or generate a personal conduct penalty at a critical point in the game.

Diaper man is playing a big game of high risk high reward that I think will come back to knock his walker out from under him.

StcChief
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Here in Atlanta I've watched DeAngelo Hall for years. He is one of the most talented CB's in the league, but his talent is offset by being one of the most undisciplined hot headed players in the league. He is a perfect Raider in the sense for every play he makes he will be out of position giving up a big play or generate a personal conduct penalty at a critical point in the game.

Diaper man is playing a big game of high risk high reward that I think will come back to knock his walker out from under him.
won't that be wonderful. Cap hell in future with bums. I'm ready :D

Chief Faithful
06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
won't that be wonderful. Cap hell in future with bums. I'm ready :D

I can see it now the Raiders prepare to seal a victory against the Chiefs late in the 4th quarter only the Chiefs receive a second chance because of a penalty due to a DeAngelo Hall temper tantrum. First down! Next play TD, Chiefs Win!

RNR
06-09-2008, 06:58 PM
When I think of Darren McFadden, I think of the Chicago Bears and their high draft choices at RB. LMAO

Rashaan Salaam (sp)
Curtis Enis
Cedric Benson

Thanks Al Davis for leaving Glen Dorsey on the board! :clap:
Thats a reach! none of them are close to the same style. Dorsey looks like a solid choice, however with a bad wheel and your teams history of sure fire defesive lineman well...I would think maybe Oakland might not be the one in trouble here :)

StcChief
06-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Thats a reach! none of them are close to the same style. Dorsey looks like a solid choice, however with a bad wheel and your teams history of sure fire defesive lineman well...I would think maybe Oakland might not be the one in trouble here :)we will see with Chicken legs McFadden....
you got to worry about that.

RNR
06-09-2008, 07:18 PM
we will see with Chicken legs McFadden....
you got to worry about that.

Gee I recall a guy with legs as skinny as Mcfaddens, Neil Smith former Chief and Bronco. He did ok at a position where guys cut at the legs every play. It cracks me up if Oakland took Dorsey Chief fans would be talking how light he is and how he has a bad leg. If KC would have took Mcfadden Oakland fans would be talking about how skinny his legs are :rolleyes:

StcChief
06-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Gee I recall a guy with legs as skinny as Mcfaddens, Neil Smith former Chief and Bronco. He did ok at a position where guys cut at the legs every play. It cracks me up if Oakland took Dorsey Chief fans would be talking how light he is and how he has a bad leg. If KC would have took Mcfadden Oakland fans would be talking about how skinny his legs are :rolleyes:we wouldn't take McFadden we would have traded.....

RNR
06-09-2008, 07:25 PM
we wouldn't take McFadden we would have traded.....

I was making the homer point of fans, Chief fans are no more guilty than any other fans. I understand LJ would have prevented the Chiefs from drafting him. I was just pointing out the had a rival taken him Oakland fans who praise him now would be trashing him.

StcChief
06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I was making the homer point of fans, Chief fans are no more guilty than any other fans. I understand LJ would have prevented the Chiefs from drafting him. I was just pointing out the had a rival taken him Oakland fans who praise him now would be trashing him.
yeah. we know, still you needed a RB we needed a DT....no he's not Sims.