PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead Addict vs The Landry Hat

Count Zarth
06-08-2008, 10:30 PM
BLOG FIGHT! :D

http://arrowheadaddict.com/

As some of you might know, we have a sister site called The Landry Hat, which represents America’s Team America’s least favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys. Dan T., the lead writer over there, sure knows his stuff when it comes to the Cowboys. When it comes to the rest of the league, however, he apparently doesn’t know jack.

First off, he criticized this thread and its comments, where myself, Zach and many readers rank Larry Johnson as a top-five NFL running back. Maybe it’s just me, but when a guy starts off as hot as any back in NFL history and led the league in rushing the season before last, yeah, that guy is one of the five best in the league. Hell, three years ago he would have made it to the coveted 2,000-yard mark if he hadn’t been buried behind Priest Holmes for half the year.

Look, we know Marion Barber is a very good player, and also that you hate the Chiefs, but let’s be honest here. In a season where K.C.’s Iron Man only got three starts and was Priest’s towel boy for most of the year, he racked up almost 600 yards and nine rushing touchdowns. In Barber’s career year, last year, he totaled a little shy of 1,000 yards and had 10 rushing TDs. C’mon, Dan, in what was basically a season and a half L.J. racked up over 3,500 rushing yards and 37 rushing TDs. You’re telling me a guy who has yet to record 1,000 yards rushing or more than 14 rushing TDs in a season is better than that? Next to L.J., Marion Barber looks like Maid Marian.

Wake up, baby! Maybe Jerry Jones should hook you up with some of that Pepsi with ginseng in it.

After the jump it even gets worse…

Now TLH is claiming that Jason Witten is better than Tony Gonzalez in his comments, which he promises to follow up with a post. Buddy. last time I checked, Tony G had caught more TDs than any tight end to ever lace up his cleats. That’s a fact. I mean, there is even less of a case here than in the Barber-Johnson debate. Comparing Witten to Gonzalez would be like comparing Terrell Owens to Jerry Rice. Witten is a great player, but we’re talking about the greatest player to ever play the position here. His stats are better than even Shannon Sharpe’s, and he’s still going strong.

Still don’t believe me? Fine. You’ve made me trump you in front of God and football country. Tony Gonzalez has had more catches and yards than Witten in all five of Witten’s seasons. YOU…HAVE…NO…EFFING…CASE!

All of this isn’t surprising, as this is the kind of rampant homerism and delusional thinking we’ve all come to expect from fans of the Cowgirls. I mean, I love the Chiefs, but I’m not going to sit here and say Brandon Flowers is better than Terrence Newman. I’m not going to say calling Tony Romo a top-five quarterback is “plain retarded.” I guess some bloggers can bring objectivity, and some can’t. Especially the two-bit shock jocks that are blogging about the ‘Boys these days.

We got love for you, Dan, but when you talk smack on the Chiefs and Arrowhead Addict you better bring it, because we always will. Good luck and good night.

Rausch
06-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Barber is legit.

Power/speed combo.

He's no LJ, he didn't deserve that contract he just got, but he's damned good...

rambleonthruthefog
06-08-2008, 11:00 PM
this brings me to the point of a few days ago. cowboys fans are forever optimistic. often times half retarded and blind, but forever optimistic when it comes to thier team. they will tell you witten is better than TG or barber than LJ. this is what happens in a culture of winning. blind fans who think there team is always the team to beat. annoying, but infinitly better than a culture of losing. i'll take the crazy chiefs fan who says were gonna win 10 this year over a chiefs football know it all who knows we can't win more than 6 anyday. can't is for p*ssys. if you swear were gonna lose, you contribute to a culture of losing. losers breed losers. know it all p*ssys, please don't be a chiefs fan.

KCrockaholic
06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
this brings me to the point of a few days ago. cowboys fans are forever optimistic. often times half retarded and blind, but forever optimistic when it comes to thier team. they will tell you witten is better than TG or barber than LJ. this is what happens in a culture of winning. blind fans who think there team is always the team to beat. annoying, but infinitly better than a culture of losing. i'll take the crazy chiefs fan who says were gonna win 10 this year over a chiefs football know it all who knows we can't win more than 6 anyday. can't is for p*ssys. if you swear were gonna lose, you contribute to a culture of losing. losers breed losers. know it all p*ssys, please don't be a chiefs fan.

i agree

CrazyPhuD
06-09-2008, 12:39 AM
This coming from someone who roots for a team with a hole in the roof for the specific reason to allow god to urinate on them....

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2008, 02:49 AM
This coming from someone who roots for a team with a hole in the roof for the specific reason to allow god to urinate on them....

What. The. ****. Ever.

The Cowboys won three Super Bowls in the 90's.

Does that mean that "god" hates the Chiefs?

Because he "urinates" on Kansas City all the time.

J Diddy
06-09-2008, 03:33 AM
What. The. ****. Ever.

quick someone

we have a severe case of a chaffed vagina.

Direckshun
06-09-2008, 08:09 AM
What. The. ****. Ever.

<---------------------

Count Zarth
06-09-2008, 08:33 AM
OH IT'S ON

http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/dant21.jpg (http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/dant21.jpg)
Oh, hell no! They went Disney (http://thelandryhat.com/2008/06/08/five-best-tight-ends-begins-in-dallas-not-kansas-city/) on us? Well, an eye for an eye, baby. And at least we’re tying our images in, adding a little insult to the image. Peter Pan? Cinderella? No explanation? WTF? Sweet imagination. Walt would be ashamed of you. Speaking of images, instead of bringing a knife to a gunfight, that effort is kind of like a retarded kid bringing MS Paint to a Photoshop showdown. Hey, he tried. We do more than try (http://arrowheadaddict.com/2008/06/08/the-landry-crap-and-its-epic-homerism/) around these parts.

Now, the Pinocchio/Jiminy Cricket reference isn’t because most Cowboys fans are fairweather coattail riders that jumped on board during either the golden Landry years or The Triplets era. It’s a reference to the straight up whoppers the lead blogger of The Landry Hat, Dan T., has been telling.

Whopper No. 1: Marion Barber, at this point and time, is better than Larry Johnson.

Reality: The stats in no way, shape or form support that. L.J. has consistently been a top-five rusher since taking over for Priest Holmes, and the statistics support that. Easily. Barber has never recorded a 1,000-yard or 20-touchdown season, and last year he couldn’t even beat out Julius Jones. Barber is a fine player, but he isn’t nearily as accomplished or feared at this juncture.

Whopper No. 2: Jason Witten, at this point and time, is better than Tony Gonzalez.

Reality: Witten has never topped Gonzalez head-to-head in catches or yards in any of his five seasons. Dan has tried to compare the way they began their careers to say Witten is/has been the better player, which makes about as much since as an asshole on an elbow, but I digress. There is no reasoning with this guy. This argument has absolutely no merit.

We have no choice but to implement the Washington Post’s “Pinocchio Test” (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/21/AR2008032102989.html?wpisrc=newsletter) as a result of these fantastic whoppers, and give Dan T. a score of FOUR PINOCCHIOS for his tall tale shenanigans. Congrats to The Landry Hat! You are flushing blogger credibility down the toilet with each post. Appreciate that.

You got played like a puppet, son. Don’t make us go Dumbo on that ass.

Brock
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Who cares, their team is better. By far. Jerry Jones > Carl Peterson.

StcChief
06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Cowgirls may have an overall better team, but to spout BS about RB/TE is kinda stupid

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Who cares, their team is better. By far. Jerry Jones > Carl Peterson.

if they are so much better, how come they haven't won a playoff game since we have?

just curious. are you a chiefs fan, or someone sent to antagonize us?

Pablo
06-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Cowgirls may have an overall better team, but to spout BS about RB/TE is kinda stupidThis is true. It's about as stupid as us saying Dwayne Bowe is a better WR than Terrell Owens, or Brodie is a better QB at this point than Tony Homo.

Brock
06-09-2008, 08:43 AM
if they are so much better, how come they haven't won a playoff game since we have?

just curious. are you a chiefs fan, or someone sent to antagonize us?

They have won Super Bowls in the time since the Chiefs have won a single playoff game. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 08:50 AM
They have won Super Bowls in the time since the Chiefs have won a single playoff game. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

touche. i was thinkin' those SB wins were a couple of years earlier in the nineties.

however, that doesn't negate the fact that you are a serious downer.

HemiEd
06-09-2008, 08:53 AM
If LJ, could or would, block, you could say scoreboard. But he can't or won't, so you can't.

Brock
06-09-2008, 08:54 AM
touche. i was thinkin' those SB wins were a couple of years earlier in the nineties.

however, that doesn't negate the fact that you are a serious downer.

I don't see any reason to be a stupid homer. In any case, if my posts are bothering you so much, you can always just put me on ignore. Of course, ignore's for pussies.

Count Zarth
06-09-2008, 08:56 AM
If LJ, could or would, block, you could say scoreboard. But he can't or won't, so you can't.

Yeah, that's bullshit, too.

Not that he can block. But it doesn't put Barber over the top.

Demonpenz
06-09-2008, 09:00 AM
barber runs like if he is tackles he will die -rainman

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 09:02 AM
I don't see any reason to be a stupid homer. In any case, if my posts are bothering you so much, you can always just put me on ignore. Of course, ignore's for pussies.

the question is why be such a downer? whats the point? to be right? to make yourself feel better by tearing down others(classic loser behavior)? because its the internet and no one can smack you? your bored?

Count Zarth
06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Well this should be fun.

http://comic-mint.com/media/client/0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.JPG

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 09:05 AM
The boys & their fans are the NFLs equivelant of the 'Rich Jerk' in any teen movie...they've got the fancy car, the hot girlfriend, the overwhelming sense of entitlement & a dumb as rocks coterie of sycophants.

But if you shook their head, it'd sound like a bb in a tin can.

Brock
06-09-2008, 09:05 AM
the question is why be such a downer? whats the point? to be right? to make yourself feel better by tearing down others(classic loser behavior)? because its the internet and no one can smack you? your bored?

I'm not tearing anyone down, fool. I'm remarking on the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club. If you're so caught up in defending the honor of a corporate entity on the internet, who's the loser again?

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm not tearing anyone down, fool. I'm remarking on the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club. If you're so caught up in defending the honor of a corporate entity on the internet, who's the loser again?

your not tearing anyone down? so your delusional as well as a downer. you know admitting it is the first step. also, the chiefs are more than a corporate entity to me. if thats all they are to you, then why bother.

Brock
06-09-2008, 09:17 AM
the chiefs are more than a corporate entity to me.

2 and a half men is more than just a TV show to me, but I don't really care if anyone else likes it. Stop trying to control what other people say and do, loser. Just because you're a charter member of Carl's Cult doesn't mean people aren't going to laugh at you for it.

HemiEd
06-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, that's bullshit, too.

Not that he can block. But it doesn't put Barber over the top.

I agree, LJ is a better running back, but the Cowboys won, last time the two teams played.
I blame LJ's pitiful, futile, pathetic attempt to block a Chiefs reject, for the loss.

Count Zarth
06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
I agree, LJ is a better running back, but the Cowboys won, last time the two teams played.
I blame LJ's pitiful, futile, pathetic attempt to block a Chiefs reject, for the loss.

Yeah, you can blame one play or the defense that sucked the entire game. Depends on whether you have an irrational hatred of Larry Johnson, soon to be the all time leading rusher in franchise history.

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 09:23 AM
2 and a half men is more than just a TV show to me, but I don't really care if anyone else likes it. Stop trying to control what other people say and do, loser. Just because you're a charter member of Carl's Cult doesn't mean people aren't going to laugh at you for it.

2 and a half men? you really are lame. your right though, its a public forum, and you can spew whatever negativity you want. i will continue to defend my beloved chiefs, even if i get a few facts wrong here and there.

some people would rather be right than happy. good luck to you sir, and good luck to your children if you have any.

vailpass
06-09-2008, 09:30 AM
2 and a half men? you really are lame. your right though, its a public forum, and you can spew whatever negativity you want. i will continue to defend my beloved chiefs, even if i get a few facts wrong here and there.

some people would rather be right than happy. good luck to you sir, and good luck to your children if you have any.

Way to go Forest Gump.

Fish
06-09-2008, 09:37 AM

ROFL

Ignorance really is bliss........

HemiEd
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah, you can blame one play or the defense that sucked the entire game. Depends on whether you have an irrational hatred of Larry Johnson, soon to be the all time leading rusher in franchise history.

Hey, how can you not love the guy? At least he has a coach that understands how ruff he had it, growing up.

Adept Havelock
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM
some people would rather be right than happy.

:spock:

If you're foolish enough to believe one precludes the other, I feel sorry for you.

I'm very much a pessimist, and generally very happy. Why? All the surprises in my life are pleasant ones. :)

Or I can blame the overpaid jackass that doesn't have enough heart to develop an important part of the game because the spotlight isn't on him.

Irrational hatred is not a prerequisite. Just plain old everyday contempt for a Prima Donna.

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 11:12 AM
:spock:

I'm very much a pessimist, and generally very happy.

you keep tellin yourself that

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-09-2008, 11:13 AM

I am tired of hearing this. Would the Chiefs of even had the lead if LJ hadn't ripped that Dallas D to shreds that day???? He missed a block, but also the reason we had the lead (props to the oline as well) GET OVER IT!!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Also, blame the f'n D as well that allowed Drew Bledsoe to pick it apart down the stretch for a couple TD drives. Sure LJ's missed block was huge, but other factors existed that day.

L.A. Chieffan
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM

:spock: You're a quick one.

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
:spock: You're a quick one.

yeah, i got that wrong. thought they won them a couple years earlier. should have double checked. admitted that.

a winner can admit when hes made a mistake, and not feel bad about it.

vailpass
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
yeah, i got that wrong. thought they won them a couple years earlier. should have double checked. admitted that.

a winner can admit when hes made a mistake, and not feel bad about it.

Don't worry about being wrong. Just as long as you are happy.

HemiEd
06-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I am tired of hearing this. Would the Chiefs of even had the lead if LJ hadn't ripped that Dallas D to shreds that day???? He missed a block, but also the reason we had the lead (props to the oline as well) GET OVER IT!!!

STFU and STFD n00b!

FAX
06-09-2008, 12:37 PM

Personally, I'd rather be right and sad.

Well, maybe not sad. Maybe just a little melancholy about how people are always trying to catch me in an error and back-checking and investigating and researching every little dang thing I say. But, they never can because I'm 100% accurate and people come from miles around to ask me questions about life and marriage and investments and how to make a decent fried egg sandwich that doesn't make the bread soggy.

FAX

rambleonthruthefog
06-09-2008, 12:37 PM

admit your wrong, don't make any p*ssy azz excuses, and move one.

you to can be happy.

Brock
06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
admit your wrong, don't make any p*ssy azz excuses, and move one.

you to can be happy.

You're not happy. You're just dumb enough to think you are.

Dylan
06-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Give the Cowboys My Best!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9so9xBEvU3Q&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9so9xBEvU3Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If the Dallas Cowboys don't win a playoff game this year, they will be the uncontended NFL record-holder for most consecutive playoff losses (7).

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-10-2008, 08:09 PM
STFU and STFD n00b!

well it was true :D

ChiefsCountry
06-10-2008, 08:26 PM
If the Chiefs ever make it back to the Super Bowl, the Cowgirls are the team I want to see us play.

Nightfyre
06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
some people would rather be right than happy.

Personally I'll take Right but down in the offseason and not disappointed in the season over wrong and optimistic in the offseason and horribly disappointed in the season. It is quantitatively the correct choice. That and you're a noob. I prefer an emotional pool resembling a pond where you prefer a raging river. You're like a speculative investor or a day trader. Damn if it isn't exciting, but your portfolio has a terrible risk/return ratio.