PDA

View Full Version : Life Do you have Ouija board stories to share?

Frankie
06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
My son's friend was talking about when he and some friends were scared out of their wits when they did Ouija one night at a friend's house back in HS days. He seems sincere. So I'm curious.

Bowser
06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I've heard stories from my mother about an older cousin and her friends throwing a Ouija board in a fireplace after it gave some creepy response, and the board screamed. I tried one a few times when I was young, just for fun, and got nothing. Waste of money.

Monty
06-09-2008, 12:07 PM
My parents had Ouija board parties when I was little and they were always freaked out by the things that happened. I tried it, but never got any real response, so just moved on. I'm not a skeptic regarding ghosts etc., but I am a skeptic of the Ouija board as I've not had anything happen to me personally that would cause me to change my opinion. I know that some of you would disagree and I'd love to hear stories, it's just that I can't relay any of my own.

Adept Havelock
06-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, there was this one incident my old lady told me about when she was in school.

She went on and on about how freaky it was, and nobody wanted much to do with Nadine Cross after that.

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I've never wanted to F with those things, i'm doing just fine without Captain Howdy in my life.

But, my mom told me a story about when she was a teen, a friend had come to stay the night & they were playing with one...well, after it answered a few questions they got very scared. They went downstairs to tell my Grandpa, while they were doing that they heard a crash upstairs...2 of moms figurines on her dresser had somehow been thrown across the room & broken to pieces.

Grandpa buried it that night.

QuikSsurfer
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I had a custom board that was given to me back when I was a sophomore in HS. Me and 2 of my friends would mess around on it a couple of times. The few times we did warm it up, we always got the same spirit, Wylee.
Another night, after rumor had spread across my grade, I had a fairly large crowd around the board (mostly girls). I was able to get it moving and a few of the girls asked their questions. Most about who likes them or who will they end up marrying, stupid shit. I had never spoken to Wylee with this large of a group or asked it such ridiculous questions. I tried to change things around with my own question to the spirit, asking him how he died. It spelled out F-U-C-K-Y-O-U and I put the board away and spent the night at a friends house.

Bowser
06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, there was this one incident my old lady told me about when she was in school.

She went on and on about how freaky it was, and nobody wanted much to do with Nadine Cross after that.

Thank you, Mr. King. LMAO

Brock
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I had a custom board that was given to me back when I was a sophomore in HS. Me and 2 of my friends would mess around on it a couple of times. The few times we did warm it up, we always got the same spirit, Wylee.
Another night, after rumor had spread across my grade, I had a fairly large crowd around the board (mostly girls). I was able to get it moving and a few of the girls asked their questions. Most about who likes them or who will they end up marrying, stupid shit. I had never spoken to Wylee with this large of a group or asked it such ridiculous questions. I tried to change things around with my own question to the spirit, asking him how he died. It spelled out F-U-C-K-Y-O-U and I put the board away and spent the night at a friends house.

It doesn't surprise me that you'd be the one to have a dumbass firsthand experience that you're willing to talk about. Wylee says GFY and get a job.

chasedude
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
A Subway manager told me a story about a Ouija board encounter. He was always trying to impress people so I took it with a grain of salt, who knows it could be true.

He said some friends and him were playing the game when they asked the question, "Where's the most evil place in St. Joseph". It evidently spelled out the 3rd floor of the Wyeth House, on their estate here in St. Joseph. He said one night after this incident they went out to try to get into the old house. They had found a drainage pipe big enough to walk in and they found themselves in a basement like room. In this room on the roof was a Etched glass pentagram as the ceiling with a large "meathook" looking thing hanging from the center. He said it freaked them out and they got the hell out of there.

Like I said, he was one to show off, but from what I've heard there's some weird shit that goes on in that old house. There are offices on the first 2 floors but none on the top (3rd) floor, it's used for storage. Coincidence?

Valiant
06-09-2008, 12:43 PM
The things are completely fake, sorry.. I believe in supernatural stuff by ouija boards are not it..

You want to test an ouija board and the so called phenomenon? Get a video camera and record your first session.. Ask your questions and have a person record everything on paper.. Go through the whole question process until you are satisfied..

Now do it again but this time the participants except for the person recording on paper are blindfolded.. Tell me what you this time..

The boards work like the game where you draw something on the board and others guess what it is.. You ask 'what is your name' and all of your hands will eventually pick a letter.. Say the letter is J.. After that all your brains are thinking of names and your hands are going towards what you think the name is.. You end up on the letter O, you are thinking oh his name must be Jon, John, Joseph and you keep going from there..

When you do this blindfolded, you get totally incoherent words..

stlchiefs
06-09-2008, 12:44 PM
A Subway manager told me a story

You could've stopped here.

Groves
06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
I've been curious about planet views of the world. Whether it's just atoms and material, or more. I may smell a poll coming, or it could be remnants of the Hebrew National hot dogs I had for lunch. I can't tell.

CoMoChief
06-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Me and my cousins used to scare the shit out of eachother with that damn board game. I swear its cursed.

RNR
06-09-2008, 12:52 PM
It doesn't surprise me that you'd be the one to have a dumbass firsthand experience that you're willing to talk about. Wylee says GFY and get a job.

ROFL

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 01:07 PM
The things are completely fake, sorry.. I believe in supernatural stuff by ouija boards are not it..

You want to test an ouija board and the so called phenomenon? Get a video camera and record your first session.. Ask your questions and have a person record everything on paper.. Go through the whole question process until you are satisfied..

Now do it again but this time the participants except for the person recording on paper are blindfolded.. Tell me what you this time..

The boards work like the game where you draw something on the board and others guess what it is.. You ask 'what is your name' and all of your hands will eventually pick a letter.. Say the letter is J.. After that all your brains are thinking of names and your hands are going towards what you think the name is.. You end up on the letter O, you are thinking oh his name must be Jon, John, Joseph and you keep going from there..

When you do this blindfolded, you get totally incoherent words..

It always turns into a farce, getting into a discussion of the supernatural on the Planet, but i guarantee you that every word my mom told me was true...she would never, ever lie to me about anything...let alone a story like that.

To believe your version, is to believe that everyone who's ever had an experience with one, is some peabrained simp, unable to tell the difference between moving the planchette yourself & having it act on its own.

My Grandpa & Grandma were downstairs playing cards with friends, there wasnt anyone upstairs when the figurines flew across the room & broke.

Fish
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Ideomotor effect.

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Ideomotor effect.

Lets assume thats usually the case, but how to explain 2 porcelain figurines being thrown across a room & broken...with nobody in the room?

Brock
06-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Lets assume thats usually the case, but how to explain 2 porcelain figurines being thrown across a room & broken...with nobody in the room?

SPOOKS FTW

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 01:16 PM
SPOOKS FTW

Thats the kind of thoughtful reply i was hoping for...

Frazod
06-09-2008, 01:17 PM
You always here stories that people swear are true, but it's always something they've heard second or third hand. I had one when I was a kid, never got jack out of it, and quit using it when I started hearing all the bad stories. I suspect that some of this shit could be true, but I figure most is urban legend crap or one person yanking everyone else's chains.

But I'll never mess with one again.

Redrum_69
06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
NEVER BUY A OUIJA BOARD FROM GARAGE SALES>>> E V E R

otherwise this could be you...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Paradiso_Canto_31.jpg

trndobrd
06-09-2008, 01:24 PM

You could end up with a really bad '70s stoner poster?

Fish
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM

When I shot my first deer, I was quite young. Hunting with my step father and my uncle. I shot a nice little button buck at about 175 yards.

I heard my uncle retell the story many years later. Somehow the deer had grown by about 50lbs, and the distance of the shot had increased to 300yds. And the story changed to include the deer being on the run in a strong wind, which it wasn't. Every variable had changed to make the story sound like something for the record books. The tall tale stuck, and I still have to correct the story every hunting season when it's told again.

I always wondered how in the hell the facts could have ever gotten so misconstrued.... My uncle is a very honest man. Completely sane and sober. I would believe anything he told me. Why would he lie?

It made for a much more entertaining story.....

I'm not calling anyone in this thread a liar, but amazing stories sometimes pick up new elements over time.

gta0012
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM

Is it just me or is that the Superman S in the middle.....

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
When I shot my first deer, I was quite young. Hunting with my step father and my uncle. I shot a nice little button buck at about 175 yards.

I heard my uncle retell the story many years later. Somehow the deer had grown by about 50lbs, and the distance of the shot had increased to 300yds. And the story changed to include the deer being on the run in a strong wind, which it wasn't. Every variable had changed to make the story sound like something for the record books. The tall tale stuck, and I still have to correct the story every hunting season when it's told again.

I always wondered how in the hell the facts could have ever gotten so misconstrued.... My uncle is a very honest man. Completely sane and sober. I would believe anything he told me. Why would he lie?

It made for a much more entertaining story.....

I'm not calling anyone in this thread a liar, but amazing stories sometimes pick up new elements over time.

I hear what your saying, that Big Fish someone caught gets bigger every year...thats something i think everyone has prolly been guilty of at some point.

But objects that move by & break themselves? its very difficult for me to think she'd extrapolate things that far.

I believe in a spirit world, however laughable some here may find that. Some of the most venerable organizations in the world, outside of organized religion, require that one believe in a diety of some kind before being allowed to join.

I just dont think the idea spiritualism is as absurd as others do, but its all good...i'm not looking for an argument over these kinds of things, they dont help either cause.

Redrum_69
06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
What better place to do this then on this thread...

Your mom is like a Ouija board...she prefers to be played by a group but will do solo action as well, pushing and pulling her around the table in unison she’ll take you to places that the Parker Bros. never imagined, and when the lights go out everyone will be slack jawed and expressionless when her moaning and chain rattling drowns out the silence.

Valiant
06-09-2008, 02:11 PM
It always turns into a farce, getting into a discussion of the supernatural on the Planet, but i guarantee you that every word my mom told me was true...she would never, ever lie to me about anything...let alone a story like that.

To believe your version, is to believe that everyone who's ever had an experience with one, is some peabrained simp, unable to tell the difference between moving the planchette yourself & having it act on its own.

My Grandpa & Grandma were downstairs playing cards with friends, there wasnt anyone upstairs when the figurines flew across the room & broke.

Not calling your parents liars, just uneducated about how the ouiji board works.. And letting their minds make up the rest on events that probably did not happen, your mom was a teen I doubt her memory is vivid of a lot of details from the times, her imagination or false memories filled in the rest of the details...

If the planchette worked on its own, you wouldn't need to put your hands on it..

Of course again try out the experiment blindfolded and then not and see what results you get..

Valiant
06-09-2008, 02:13 PM
You always here stories that people swear are true, but it's always something they've heard second or third hand. I had one when I was a kid, never got jack out of it, and quit using it when I started hearing all the bad stories. I suspect that some of this shit could be true, but I figure most is urban legend crap or one person yanking everyone else's chains.

But I'll never mess with one again.

Or it takes one person trying to **** with others by pressing their finger a little harder..

But my grandmother's third grade cousin twice removed heard that it has happened before so I could be wrong..

Valiant
06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Is it just me or is that the Superman S in the middle.....

I see it now that you mention it.. Damn you for implanting a thought in my brain to see something that is not there from the first time I saw it..

B_Ambuehl
06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Many psychics will tell you ouja boards attract lower energy spirits that are caught in between earth and heaven. They usually have an interesting earthly past and often enjoy screwing with people.

Here's an interesting story:

http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2006/02/ask-erin-are-ouija-boards-real/

melbar
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
So I had an aquaintance in H.S. who supposedly had parents who were wican and he was taken away when he was little. So he shows up at this party and the ouija board comes out. We mess around for a while with the useual stupid H.S. stuff untill he suddenly goes into this really dramatic "trance". Everyone is trying to shake him out of it and he isnt responding till suddenly his eyes pop open and his head turns so he's looking directly at me in a room of 20 people with this wide eyed crazy look on his face. The look melted away and he reluctantly told us that he had a vision that he was flying over a graveyard and was suddenly pulled down to a tombstone with my name on it! This was my first time driving myself to a party and I was a little freaked out about the drive home to say the least!
Obviously just trying to get attention, but still a little creepy!

Frankie
06-09-2008, 02:36 PM
So I had an aquaintance in H.S. who supposedly had parents who were wican and he was taken away when he was little. So he shows up at this party and the ouija board comes out. We mess around for a while with the useual stupid H.S. stuff untill he suddenly goes into this really dramatic "trance". Everyone is trying to shake him out of it and he isnt responding till suddenly his eyes pop open and his head turns so he's looking directly at me in a room of 20 people with this wide eyed crazy look on his face. The look melted away and he reluctantly told us that he had a vision that he was flying over a graveyard and was suddenly pulled down to a tombstone with my name on it! This was my first time driving myself to a party and I was a little freaked out about the drive home to say the least!
Obviously just trying to get attention, but still a little creepy!

Did you die?

Fish
06-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Many psychics will tell you ouja boards attract lower energy spirits that are caught in between earth and heaven. They usually have an interesting earthly past and often enjoy screwing with people.

Here's an interesting story:

http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2006/02/ask-erin-are-ouija-boards-real/

The story in that link brings up an interesting point about ouija boards/spirits/etc that has always given me pause. It seems to indicate that somehow "spirits" acting through ouija boards can also read minds and in some cases predict the future....

Anyone have ideas/opinions on that aspect?

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 02:52 PM
The story in that link brings up an interesting point about ouija boards/spirits/etc that has always given me pause. It seems to indicate that somehow "spirits" acting through ouija boards can also read minds and in some cases predict the future....

Yes i do...i dont think that its usually/if ever, a human spirit.

Ouija boards are black magic IMO.

DaFace
06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
I always enjoyed making my friends freak out.

FAX
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
One time on coasttocoastam, this guy was going to do a ouija board session but he chickened out at the last minute because he was afraid he would call up malicious spirits that could come through the radio and attach themselves to people's spines and medulla oblongatas and cause them all sorts of problems like waking up in "Damn Land" where the women are ugly, the children can't read, and the co-workers talk incessantly and aloud.

Personally, I don't think ouija boards have any intrinsic power, whatsoever. I do, however, think that spirit channelling is very possible and it may well be that, under certain conditions, ouija boards provide a conduit that allows a spirit access to this plane of existence where they bump into stuff looking for cheeseburgers because there are zero fast food places on the other side.

FAX

Micjones
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Personally, I don't think ouija boards have any intrinsic power, whatsoever. I do, however, think that spirit channelling is very possible and it may well be that, under certain conditions, ouija boards provide a conduit that allows a spirit access to this plane of existence where they bump into stuff looking for cheeseburgers because there are zero fast food places on the other side.

FAX

ROFL

Fish
06-09-2008, 03:06 PM

Black magic? Like Satanic magic?

How do you explain the lack of any black magic evidence or even believable stories in the newspapers? I've never heard of any ouija deaths...

I'm genuinely curious, I'm not trying to attack your beliefs here.

Redrum_69
06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
One word..

Necronomicon

BigVE
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM

How do you explain the lack of any black magic evidence or even believable stories in the newspapers? I've never heard of any ouija deaths...

So they are mass produced and sold at Walmart....does that mean Walmart is the debbil?????

Easy 6
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Its very rare to see a major media outlet report anything on the supernatural, unless its to deride & debunk. Few people want to accept the possibility that theres more to our world than they can see or measure. Most of what i've learned, i've read about.

The Planet can string me up from Kook Tree for all i care, what can i say?...i believe what i believe :shrug:.

BigVE
06-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I have heard stories as well and I DO believe that there is a possibility that there is something about ouija boards that is...mysterious. Urban legend? Who knows, but its enough that I have never played with one. I had a good friend that got absolutely scared and freaked out like I had never seen before. He was so scared he didn't even want to repeat what happened...BUT, he was also a "recreational drug user" so his stories always had to be taken with that in mind.

kepp
06-09-2008, 03:18 PM

The Bible actually talks about it - starting in Acts 16:16. No mention of what kind of spirit it was, but it doesn't seem like it was human.

kepp
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
So they are mass produced and sold at Walmart....does that mean Walmart is the debbil?????

I think that was established well before this thread.

kepp
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Its very rare to see a major media outlet report anything on the supernatural, unless its to deride & debunk.

I would watch that episode of Myth Busters.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I have heard stories as well and I DO believe that there is a possibility that there is something about ouija boards that is...mysterious. Urban legend? Who knows, but its enough that I have never played with one. I had a good friend that got absolutely scared and freaked out like I had never seen before. He was so scared he didn't even want to repeat what happened...BUT, he was also a "recreational drug user" so his stories always had to be taken with that in mind.
Quiksurfer is one of your good friends?

BigVE
06-09-2008, 03:24 PM
The Bible actually talks about it - starting in Acts 16:16. No mention of what kind of spirit it was, but it doesn't seem like it was human.
Valid point for those who believe in the bible. So logically it would make sense that if it were the case in bible times it would also be possible for spirits to "posses" people today, right? Who knows what channel or means they would use?

BigVE
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Quiksurfer is one of your good friends?

LOL, who knows? I haven't seen the guy I was referring to in alot of years. If quicksurfer goes by the nickname "noony" in real life it could be him! Not likely.

Rooster
06-09-2008, 03:27 PM
I would watch that episode of Myth Busters.

That would be a good one. :thumb:

Honestly though, how can something that is sold at Toys 'R' Us be a black magic device for speaking to the dead. They are probably made on the machine that sits right next to the Monopoly board assemly machine.

Is there a satanic priest that puts a curse on the shipment right before it leaves the dock doors? What if he accidently puts a curse on the "Shoots and Ladders" shipment. All hell would break loose.

listopencil
06-09-2008, 03:32 PM
One word..

Necronomicon

Klatu...verata....ahem...nik...tooo....ahem...

kepp
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Honestly though, how can something that is sold at Toys 'R' Us be a black magic device for speaking to the dead. They are probably made on the machine that sits right next to the Monopoly board assemly machine.

It is possible that a horrible murderer was cornered by police in the warehouse, and in a last-ditch effort to preserve his legacy and using what little black magic he knew, channeled his soul into all past, present and future ouija boards.

Fish
06-09-2008, 03:49 PM

The Bible also talks about Samson catching 300 foxes, binding them in pairs, and tying torches to their tails in order to light grain fields on fire. Then Samson went on to singlehandedly kill 1000 Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey. Do you believe that took place as it states in The Book?

Redrum_69
06-09-2008, 04:01 PM
The Bible also talks about Samson catching 300 foxes, binding them in pairs, and tying torches to their tails in order to light grain fields on fire. Then Samson went on to singlehandedly kill 1000 Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey. Do you believe that took place as it states in The Book?

That did take place.

kepp
06-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Can you prove otherwise?

Tribal Warfare
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM

originally they were called witch boards back in the day

Chiefs_5627
06-09-2008, 04:16 PM
That would be a good one. :thumb:

Is there a satanic priest that puts a curse on the shipment right before it leaves the dock doors? What if he accidently puts a curse on the "Shoots and Ladders" shipment. All hell would break loose.

ROFL ROFL

Fish
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Can you prove otherwise?

I didn't ask if it could be proven or not. I asked your opinion on whether you think it happened in the way the Bible describes.

I'm curious.

Fat Elvis
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't think the question of whether or not they "work" is really the point. I don't know if the board itself has anything to do with it or if people, through an act of submission by believing the board "works," open themselves up or if certain people act as "gateways" or whatever.

I will say this, however, if someone says they've had an "experience" with a board and are genuinely upset by the experience, I will believe them.

Personally, I will never touch a board but I have had a couple of "experiences" with them. The first experience was in Tempe, AZ in early 1988. You don't have to believe me, and quite frankly, I don't care if you do or not. I know what I've seen, and I know what I've experienced and what I experienced that night no known law of physics, no rational construct of reality can explain what happened. Let me just say that by two days later, I had moved out of the state I was that freaked out. I don't really want to go into any more details simply because I don't like to talk about it. Actually posting on this thread is really conflicting for me as I haven't really talked about it for about 10-15 years.

Needless to say, that experience altered the way that I viewed the world forever.

In 1992 I lived in Austin,TX. One night I was going to the bar which was about 3 blocks form my house. Usually my roommate would go with me, but that particular night he said he would be down later. A couple hours go by and I get this "feeling"; I don't know how to describe it but it isn't a "good" feeling. I go up to the bar, grab a cocktail napkin, write something down and stick it in my pocket.

My roommate never makes it to the bar that night. I go home and he is visibly shaken. I told him, "You've been playing with a board, haven't you?" (That part was actually kind of obvious because it was sitting outside on the balcony as you walk in.) He said, "Yeah, and I never want that thing in the apartment again." I then told him, "It had a message for me, didn't it?" He said that it did. I told him to write it down. After he wrote it down I handed him the napkin from my pocket and he freaked out it said the same thing.

It just so happened to be one of the same messages that was "intended" for me in AZ four years earlier.

The experience scared him enough that he moved out by the end of the week.

The bottom line is this: If I hadn't "experienced" the things I did, there is NO WAY I would ever believe that those things are possible. I don't know how to answer the skeptics because I really don't understand it myself.

Rain Man
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
When I was about 16, my cousins and I used a Ouija board just for grins. Or so we thought. I asked it what my name would be if I had been born in Croatia, and it came back with the message, "Brzmgrkrnmd".

Freaked me out, man. Freaked me out.

SNR
06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
When I was about 16, my cousins and I used a Ouija board just for grins. Or so we thought. I asked it what my name would be if I had been born in Croatia, and it came back with the message, "Brzmgrkrnmd".

Freaked me out, man. Freaked me out.Even freakier? That's the Slavic word for "apricot stick".

Ari Chi3fs
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I have some crazy experiences with Dowsing rods... some amazing and wild shit, that I won't be going into here.

Needless to say, I DO believe in the afterlife.

Frankie
06-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I have some crazy experiences with Dowsing rods... some amazing and wild shit, that I won't be going into here.

Why won't you?

Valiant
06-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Its very rare to see a major media outlet report anything on the supernatural, unless its to deride & debunk. Few people want to accept the possibility that theres more to our world than they can see or measure. Most of what i've learned, i've read about.

The Planet can string me up from Kook Tree for all i care, what can i say?...i believe what i believe :shrug:.

No one is going to look down on you for it here.. I am a believer that is highly skeptical of most things.. Anytime you want to get someone to tag along to ghost hunt or look for the supernatural I am down even though I will try and probably debunk most stuff..

Simply Red
06-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Needless to say, I DO believe in the afterlife.

What are those?

FAX
06-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Why won't you?

I don't blame him.

Most "Dowsing Rod Gone Bad" stories typically end with somebody having something removed at some hospital, Mr. Frankie. Either that, or replacing carpet.

FAX

QuikSsurfer
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
ROFL

What the **** are you laughing at?

blueballs
06-09-2008, 10:04 PM
the hole in the pointer was too big

T-post Tom
06-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Back in 1992, some friends and I had a very scary experience with a Ouija board. It told us that we would all die that day if we didn't start creating license plate sized tiles and embedding them in local roads throughout Philadelphia. The board told us to reference Jupiter, Toynbee & 2001: A Space Odyssey . Afraid for our lives, we immediately began doing this as the Ouija board instructed. Later that year, the Ouija board told us to branch out and create a worldwide network of tile makers. And we did. It's been nothing but toil and labor since, but we're all still alive.

SNR
06-10-2008, 01:32 AM
What the **** are you laughing at?Shh. It's probably nothing.

mikey23545
06-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Godamm....Reading through this thread makes me realize why we are on the verge of putting some inexperienced black charlatan in the White House.

Critical thinking has been lost in this society....

Luke
06-10-2008, 06:17 AM
I have never played with Ouiji board, my kid sister however was an addict. I remember walking down to the basement and walking past her and some of her girlfriends at the time. They were so engrossed in the "seance" that they never saw me, untill I presented my best ever demonic laugh. I am not sure but I think sis wet her pants!:D

My mother was not amused.:cuss:

RNR
06-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Godamm....Reading through this thread makes me realize why we are on the verge of putting some inexperienced black charlatan in the White House.

Critical thinking has been lost in this society....

Well were you really hoping to find critical thinking here :)

kepp
06-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Personally, I will never touch a board but I have had a couple of "experiences" with them. The first experience was in Tempe, AZ in early 1988. You don't have to believe me, and quite frankly, I don't care if you do or not. I know what I've seen, and I know what I've experienced and what I experienced that night no known law of physics, no rational construct of reality can explain what happened. Let me just say that by two days later, I had moved out of the state I was that freaked out. I don't really want to go into any more details simply because I don't like to talk about it. Actually posting on this thread is really conflicting for me as I haven't really talked about it for about 10-15 years.

Dude...you cannot drop something like that and leave us hanging. Fill us in, please.

Redrum_69
06-10-2008, 07:22 AM
I had an experience on an ouija board in 1999.

tyton75
06-10-2008, 07:27 AM
My story with a Oiuja board..

In high school, occasionally we would pull out the Ouija board after playing poker.. the basement we played in had a fireplace and we had it going because it was the middle of winter.. anyway.. we were sitting around playing and getting some interesting responses, but nothing that couldn't be attributed to someone just moving the thing more than everyone else...

but at one point, someone asked " for a sign" and as soon as he finished the question, there was a sizzling noise in the fireplace like someone had thrown some water on it.

Definitely could have just been a coincidence, but nevertheless, I thought it was freaking cool.. but all the times I played, I was never "scared", just more intrigued I guess than anything

Redrum_69
06-10-2008, 07:30 AM
We used to go to the Stull cemetary and summon the 7th gateway to hell at that old church in the mid 80's.

kepp
06-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I didn't ask if it could be proven or not. I asked your opinion on whether you think it happened in the way the Bible describes.

I'm curious.

Sorry for the defensive reaction...

The examples you gave don't really relate to the example of spirit "possession" that I referenced but if you are curious, I do believe, in principle, that those things happened. To me it comes down to how I choose to react to things I don't understand or that go against my common sense (especially things related to God). I try to remain open-minded instead of thinking, "that could NEVER happen...it doesn't even make sense". To me, believing does not always equal understanding.

KCUnited
06-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Klatu...verata....ahem...nik...tooo....ahem...

Cthulu...nak...slumbar...chik...sooo...ends....

kepp
06-10-2008, 07:37 AM
We used to go to the Stull cemetary and summon the 7th gateway to hell at that old church in the mid 80's.

Ah, yes...Stull cemetary...the well known demonic conduit for your mamma jokes.

Redrum_69
06-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Cthulu...nak...slumbar...chik...sooo...ends....

Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta

Easy 6
06-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Amnorix...farzin...patteeu...Claythan...Laz...Banyon...klattu...clickclickclick...

Mr. Plow
06-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Dude...you cannot drop something like that and leave us hanging. Fill us in, please.

No shiznit.

Rain Man
06-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Back in 1992, some friends and I had a very scary experience with a Ouija board. It told us that we would all die that day if we didn't start creating license plate sized tiles and embedding them in local roads throughout Philadelphia. The board told us to reference Jupiter, Toynbee & 2001: A Space Odyssey . Afraid for our lives, we immediately began doing this as the Ouija board instructed. Later that year, the Ouija board told us to branch out and create a worldwide network of tile makers. And we did. It's been nothing but toil and labor since, but we're all still alive.

Wow. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my Ouija board told me to eat M&Ms.

Fish
06-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Sorry for the defensive reaction...

The examples you gave don't really relate to the example of spirit "possession" that I referenced but if you are curious, I do believe, in principle, that those things happened. To me it comes down to how I choose to react to things I don't understand or that go against my common sense (especially things related to God). I try to remain open-minded instead of thinking, "that could NEVER happen...it doesn't even make sense". To me, believing does not always equal understanding.

That makes sense. And I understand that this example doesn't have anything to do with spirit possession, I was just curious about your views on "less believable" Biblical verses. Whether other people take the message purely on faith.

I do struggle with this type of thing. My brain is too logical sometimes to accept things that don't fit in with what I know of science and natural law. And please don't take offense. I just find it very interesting to hear such differing opinions on matters such as this, and the reasoning behind it. I used to share your "believing does not always equal understanding." mindset, but the older I've gotten, and the more I've experienced, I'm afraid I've nearly come away with the opposite. I don't exactly agree with the open-minded description of your views though. To me, being open-minded in this case would mean being open to ideas that might not align with your views on faith... such as Biblical misinterpretation or mistranslation.

Frankie
06-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Ah, yes...Stull cemetary...the well known demonic conduit for your mamma jokes.

ROFL

Adept Havelock
06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta

LMAO

Nicol Williamson was a hell of a choice for Merlin.