PDA

View Full Version : Computers No Apple WWDC thread?

Silock
06-09-2008, 01:19 PM
The iPhone just took a giant shit all over the Blackberry.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
The iPhone just took a giant shit all over the Blackberry.

Yep, but my question is:

How much does it cost without a contract?

NewChief
06-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Yep, but my question is:

I don't know, but I'm glad I waited before buying one.

A year later: twice the machine for half the cost.

SithCeNtZ
06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Yep, but my question is:

Easy answer is 600-700 unlocked. Pretty standard fare.

Probably 500 from AT&T without a contract.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Easy answer is 600-700 unlocked. Pretty standard fare.

Probably 500 from AT&T without a contract.

I don't think so. THe last ones were, unless I'm mistaken, the same price as with the contract....

SithCeNtZ
06-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't think so. THe last ones were, unless I'm mistaken, the same price as with the contract....

The difference is last year they wern't subsidized by AT&T, and this year they are. Only the crappiest phones sell for $199 bucks without a contract. The Iphone is worth about 500 to sell without a contract, and I'm guessing it will be around that for the 16 GB version. Probably 399 for the 8 GB version.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 02:03 PM
The difference is last year they wern't subsidized by AT&T, and this year they are. Only the crappiest phones sell for $199 bucks without a contract. The Iphone is worth about 500 to sell without a contract, and I'm guessing it will be around that for the 16 GB version. Probably 399 for the 8 GB version.

Yes, but I believe you can buy them in Apple stores. Are they subsidizing them right there? I mean activation is at home on your computer....

I'm wondering if something has changed....

The Rick
06-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Can't wait for the 2.0 software upgrade and am definitely looking forward to the new MobileMe.

little jacob
06-09-2008, 03:31 PM
i think i heard on tv that download speed will improve by 30% and upload by 50%. dont know if that is right or not. still seems kind of sluggish.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I was getting Panera and stopped in the ATT store next door. They said flat out that there is one price for the iPhone regardless of pay-as-you-go or monthly.

Here's to unlocking!

@TheRick: I liked MobileMe but I can't get it yet. Reason being: It doesn't have much over Google's integrated apps. I have my iCal synced with Google and Gmail has "conversations". Those two are deal breakers.

CoMoChief
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
It's still a retarded high price for a phone.

I have a phone with a camera I rarely use. I use it to talk and txt people. Cost me $50 after rebate. And as shitty as the call centers are for customer service. I figure I won't ever drop over $200 for a phone.

It's pointless to do so unless your job pays for it because you need it for business etc.

I used to work for UPS and they paid for half of my cell phone bill. That was nice, but that job sucked harcore hairy ass.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 04:06 PM
It's still a retarded high price for a phone.

I have a phone with a camera I rarely use. I use it to talk and txt people. Cost me $50 after rebate. And as shitty as the call centers are for customer service. I figure I won't ever drop over $200 for a phone.

It's pointless to do so unless your job pays for it because you need it for business etc.

I used to work for UPS and they paid for half of my cell phone bill. That was nice, but that job sucked harcore hairy ass.

Clearly, you know nothing of smartphones.

SithCeNtZ
06-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I was getting Panera and stopped in the ATT store next door. They said flat out that there is one price for the iPhone regardless of pay-as-you-go or monthly.

Here's to unlocking!

Reading this article makes me highly doubt what they said is true:

http://gizmodo.com/5014764/iphone-3g-pricing-and-activation-details-30-unlimited-data-activated-in-store-only-no-online-ordering

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Reading this article makes me highly doubt what they said is true:

http://gizmodo.com/5014764/iphone-3g-pricing-and-activation-details-30-unlimited-data-activated-in-store-only-no-online-ordering

I should have recorded it. :(

Third Eye
06-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I should have recorded it. :(

I don't think he was questioning that the guy said it, more like if what he said was correct.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't think he was questioning that the guy said it, more like if what he said was correct.

I know. ;) I was speaking more like record it and try to hold ATT to it. :)