PDA

View Full Version : Football Can't take the Raider out of them: Stabler arrested for 3rd DUI

stlchiefs
06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Ex-Raiders star Stabler arrested on third DUI charge

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3433432

ROBERTSDALE, Ala. -- Former NFL star quarterback Ken Stabler was arrested and charged with reckless driving and driving under the influence of alcohol.

Stabler, now a radio analyst for University of Alabama football, was released from jail on $1,000 bond nearly 13 hours after his arrest, police said Monday.

The 62-year-old ex-Crimson Tide quarterback was pulled over for a traffic offense about 12:30 a.m. Sunday, said Brian Middleton, assistant chief of police. He declined to specify what led police to pull Stabler over in the town near the Gulf coast.

Stabler did not immediately return a message left at his office Monday. University officials had no immediate comment.

Stabler pleaded guilty to drunken driving following a 2001 arrest in Orange Beach. Authorities dropped drug and reckless driving charges under a plea deal. In 1995, Stabler pleaded no contest to a DUI charge in nearby Escambia County, Fla.

Stabler led the Oakland Raiders to a Super Bowl title in 1977, and also played for the Houston Oilers and New Orleans Saints during a 15-year NFL career.

He was on Alabama teams that won two Southeastern Conference titles, a national championships in 1965 and went undefeated in 1966. He has been the Tide's color analyst the past decade.

L.A. Chieffan
06-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Next DUI, 1 year suspension.

Brock
06-09-2008, 04:10 PM
It took him 62 years to get 3 DUIs? Weak.

stlchiefs
06-09-2008, 04:20 PM

said Cedric Benson

J Diddy
06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
said Cedric Benson

Ced was pissed that his dui on the boat didn't count. He's following the Jared allen path to success

Rain Man
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
He used to be elusive, but now he's tequi-lusive.

stlchiefs
06-09-2008, 05:50 PM
He used to be elusive, but now he's tequi-lusive.

wowowo. Back to the drawing board with that one Mr. Rainman. :)

Rain Man
06-09-2008, 06:02 PM
wowowo. Back to the drawing board with that one Mr. Rainman. :)

What can I say? Not all petri dishes grow bacteria.

FAX
06-09-2008, 06:12 PM
This is a fairly well-known quote by Jack London ... "I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

So anyhow, Paul Harvey (the rest of the story guy) once reported on his show that, when someone asked Stabler what the quote meant, Stabler said, "Go deep."

FAX

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
This is a fairly well-known quote by Jack London ... "I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

So anyhow, Paul Harvey (the rest of the story guy) once reported on his show that, when someone asked Stabler what the quote meant, Stabler said, "Go deep."

FAX

:clap: Live fast play hard go deep! ~Kenny Stabler~

StcChief
06-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Faider faiding into the dust of history

SPATCH
06-09-2008, 07:09 PM

ROFL

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Faider faiding into the dust of history

Whatever Stabler is one of the greats, to bad his drinking got the best of him he is and always will be one of my favorites.

FAX
06-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I always like Stabler, too. The only Raider I can say that about, frankly. He was a bad-ass quarterback.

FAX

StcChief
06-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I always like Stabler, too. The only Raider I can say that about, frankly. He was a bad-ass quarterback.

FAX
yeah.... I didn't want ot admit it but the Snake had a way of getting it done.

thought not Montana....

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2008, 07:20 PM
yeah.... I didn't want ot admit it but the Snake had a way of getting it done.

thought not Montana....

The list of those who came up short of Montana is pretty long :)

StcChief
06-09-2008, 07:24 PM
The list of those who came up short of Montana is pretty long :)true...but the Snake had a way of
getting it done as a Raider....(I still can't believe I typed that):)

he's Just not Montana (even at end of his career) or Lenny legends in their own time as Chiefs....:D

RedNeckRaider
06-09-2008, 07:27 PM
true...but the Snake had a way of
getting it done as a Raider....(I still can't believe I typed that):)

he's Just not Montana (even at end of his career) or Lenny legends in their own time as Chiefs....:D

ROFL You had me up untill Lenny :)

StcChief
06-09-2008, 07:59 PM
ROFL You had me up untill Lenny :)
I had to throw that in as bonus, since what QB do we have to compare with the Snake

blueballs
06-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Suzy Kolber could straighten his shit out

mikey23545
06-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I can't believe the cocksucker is still alive...