PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Call of Duty 5 to be a WW2 based game!

TinyEvel
06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
w00t!

I was just saying on Friday that I hope they make another WWII game for next gen systems. Figured no-way, since we're all addicted to the new weapons and perks.
But lo and behold here it is!

To be mainly set in the Pacific and a sub-plot in Russia invading east Berlin. Newest addition "flamethrower" which can burn foliage and buildings and melt the skin off your opponents. PBJ

Though it's Treyarch (makers of CoD3) versus infinity Ward

(I pasted the link but it has been taken down for security/infringement reasons)

Guru
06-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Will suck if it is Treyarch.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Will suck if it is Treyarch.

Yep, there's a reason COD4 was one of the best games ever made. Its' because IW did it.

KCChiefsMan
06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
I liked COD3. COD4 is great but there were elements of COD3 that I liked a lot that weren't in COD4. like Capture the Flag, bigger maps and games that required strategy and not so much run and gun. I think both are great games in different ways.

Valiant
06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep, there's a reason COD4 was one of the best games ever made. Its' because IW did it.

Already beat me do it.. COD5 is going to blow ass after COD4.. big mistake by the company..

Buck
06-09-2008, 11:00 PM
w00t?

w00t, you say?

more like b00t, this is going to suck donkey balls.

QuikSsurfer
06-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I liked COD3. COD4 is great but there were elements of COD3 that I liked a lot that weren't in COD4. like Capture the Flag, bigger maps and games that required strategy and not so much run and gun. I think both are great games in different ways.

Agreed. COD3 was great fun. I still play it occasionally.

KcMizzou
06-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah, if there's one thing we're short on... it's WWII shooters. :spock:

Pablo
06-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah, if there's one thing we're short on... it's WWII shooters. :spock:Exactly. God forbid they do modern warfare with a jungle setting or in China..or just anything different than WW2. There's only so many times I can sweep through a war ravaged Eastern European town and use pillars of a bombed out church to hide behind while sniping Krauts before it gets old...

Kraus
06-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Not excited at all. I highly doubt this game will come close to the masterpiece known as COD4.

The only WW2 game I care about is the Brothers in Arms series.

Woodrow Call
06-10-2008, 01:30 AM
:banghead:. Give me another modern warfare or even a Vietnam enough with the WWII games. I can't take anymore.

Reaper16
06-10-2008, 01:30 AM
What's that noise?

I think its the sound of thousands of pre-orders being canceled all at once.

little jacob
06-10-2008, 01:46 AM
the final days of the war could be cool, with realistic landscapes in Berlin.

i wouldn't mind seeing a vietnam era game though.

Saggysack
06-10-2008, 03:47 AM

COD4 one of the best games ever made? Not even close.

If IW did such a wonderful job, why didn't they get the contract for COD5? Oh yeah, cause had half the PC player base ran off after 2 mos. Have you even looked at the amount of complaints directed towards IW for COD4? I can't even begin to tell you the amount of people that have gone on to Crysis, or back to 2142 and TF2, and some even back to BF2.

You want to see a forum littered with complaints of COD4. Look no further than IW's own forum.
http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?board=28.0

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2008, 03:50 AM
If IW did such a wonderful job, why didn't they get the contract for COD5?Because they're working on COD6.

Infinity Ward does the big releases (even numbers), Treyarch does the shovelware. That's been the expected schedule for months now.

Saggysack
06-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Because they're working on COD6.

Infinity Ward does the big releases (even numbers), Treyarch does the shovelware. That's been the expected schedule for months now.

My goodness. COD4 hasn't even been out 8 mos. and you guys are already talking about COD5 and COD6. It's quite apparent they are fleecing you for every $50 they can get out of ya. Thank god I left that community a long time ago.

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2008, 04:36 AM
My first sustained period of time playing COD4 was last week, and I sent it back to Gamefly after a couple of days in order to get in on the first cycle of GRID shipments. Shooters really aren't my thing.

I'm just correcting your notion that Infinity Ward is somehow being demoted for creating such a smash hit. Before COD4 was even out, speculation was that Treyarch would churn out a WWII COD5 while Infinity Ward worked on COD6.

Saggysack
06-10-2008, 04:51 AM
My first sustained period of time playing COD4 was last week, and I sent it back to Gamefly after a couple of days in order to get in on the first cycle of GRID shipments. Shooters really aren't my thing.

I'm just correcting your notion that Infinity Ward is somehow being demoted for creating such a smash hit. Before COD4 was even out, speculation was that Treyarch would churn out a WWII COD5 while Infinity Ward worked on COD6.

No wonder their PC support has been shit. Smash hit based on sales and server #'s alone, not gameplay IMO. Of course more than half the servers are empty at any given time. No reason to support the people who have already paid for a buggy game. No map packs sponsored by IW. Nothing but a few patches that have only addressed a minority of the issues. Well, gee, 5 and 6 are on their way. That will make up for not fixing the prior release...

The game could be so much more than the MP version is. Larger maps that were in SP, vehicles, etc. I thought IW made a great SP game. In MP I was burned out in 2 weeks. And that was a week after reaching the top rank with earning a few gold weapons along the way. It's all run and gun, no strategy. Throw your grenades, use your noobtube is about it to me. Use the 2 weapon perk... repeat. Got boring really fast for me.

TinyEvel
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
w00t?

w00t, you say?

more like b00t, this is going to suck donkey balls.

I'm just more of a fan of the WW2 stuff than fantasy shooters, et al.

w00t for me b00t for you. you f00kin f00g :)

Demonpenz
06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I am tired of World War 2 in all forms. Books, games, movies, etc.

JBucc
06-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't really care what setting it is as long as it's good. I like vehicles and bigger maps. They're using an enhanced Cod4 engine and they're going to put their own spin on the perks, so hopefully this will be like Cod meets Battlefield. I don't think it's fair to judge them on Cod3 (which was still above average) since they had to push it out on six platforms in less than a year. For this one they'll have two years and only three platforms. The feature list was quite impressive.

Molitoth
06-10-2008, 02:29 PM
The video game market has become flooded with bullshit. Gaming companies just pump out content to get you guys to buy it. I wish companies would put more effort into releasing a fantastic game before just trying to hit deadlines so the company can be multi millionairs. It's just like the music business now.

Kraus
06-10-2008, 03:02 PM
If IW did such a wonderful job, why didn't they get the contract for COD5? Oh yeah, cause had half the PC player base ran off after 2 mos. Have you even looked at the amount of complaints directed towards IW for COD4? I can't even begin to tell you the amount of people that have gone on to Crysis, or back to 2142 and TF2, and some even back to BF2.

You want to see a forum littered with complaints of COD4. Look no further than IW's own forum.
http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?board=28.0

As said before, they are working on COD6. Activision plans to have a COD game out every year. Doesn't mean we have to buy it. I'll probably wait until COD5 has been out a year or so and pick it up for $20 used. With IW behind COD6, I'll gladly be first in line when it comes out.

As for the forum littered with complaints, have you ever gone to any other video game message board (Bungie, Ubisoft, etc.) that is ran by the developer? They're all filled with complaints. People bitch about everything.

My goodness. COD4 hasn't even been out 8 mos. and you guys are already talking about COD5 and COD6. It's quite apparent they are fleecing you for every $50 they can get out of ya. Thank god I left that community a long time ago.

It is what we do. We talk about games before they come out. Are we supposed to wait to talk about sequels until 1 or 2 years after the release? Come'on. Right after I beat a game my mind starts thinking sequel. If Activision wants to pump out a new COD game every year, that is fine by me. I'm just not excited for the one by Treyarch. I know the true sequel will be the one IW makes.

The video game market has become flooded with bullshit. Gaming companies just pump out content to get you guys to buy it. I wish companies would put more effort into releasing a fantastic game before just trying to hit deadlines so the company can be multi millionairs. It's just like the music business now.

That is why I don't buy all the shit shoveled our way. Electronic Arts has really turned in to what you just described. I refuse to buy their shit. I'll save my money for companies that put effort in to their games. I wish I could smack the dumbasses that buy the same Madden game every single year.

ChiefFripp
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
They need to combine the run and gun and special effects elements of the COD franchise with Battlefield type gameplay.

Or better yet, give DICE the Star Wars license.

aturnis
06-10-2008, 10:15 PM
People give COD4 WAY too much credit. As a online game, with multiple players, sure, it's awesome. As a game...the only thing that made it better than any of the previous games was that it was modern warfare, and the capabilities of the new system.

Game was ridiculously short and not too challenging.

Kraus
06-10-2008, 11:23 PM

Did you try it on Veteran? Sure gave me a run for my money.

QuikSsurfer
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
People give COD4 WAY too much credit. As a online game, with multiple players, sure, it's awesome. As a game...the only thing that made it better than any of the previous games was that it was modern warfare, and the capabilities of the new system.

You must be a ridiculously skilled gamer because COD4 on Veteran is extremely challenging.

QuikSsurfer
06-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Did you try it on Veteran? Sure gave me a run for my money.

Only achievement i'm missing for this game is the "mile high" - I can't beat that ****ing airplane mission on veteran.

Kraus
06-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Only achievement i'm missing for this game is the "mile high" - I can't beat that ****ing airplane mission on veteran.

I've got it after about 2 1/2 hours trying it. Flashbangs and sprinting are key.

wutamess
06-10-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't care what anyone says...
Ghost Recon and Ghost Recon Island Thunder were the best games EVAH!
They fugged up when they made II & others.

COD4 close second.
Followed by Gears of War.

Thig Lyfe
06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I want a WWI game.

TinyEvel
06-11-2008, 11:38 AM
I want a WWI game.

Actually, I think that would be a rad game. Trench warfare, biplane dogfights, zeppelin hangar sabotage, mustard gas, etc.

We play COD4 "shipment" course and employ a "knives only" rule and it's pretty damn fun.

Buck
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I want a Revolutionary War game, you know the kind of warfare where you line up across from eachother, aim, and fire.

That would be action packed!!!!

Kraus
07-16-2008, 12:31 PM
New co-op gameplay footage, plus Keifer Sutherland (Jack Bauer from 24) is doing one of the voices:

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14222038&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/890/890677/cod_coopdemo_0715081_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

irishjayhawk
07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Is it just me or does Keifer sound bored?

RaiderH8r
07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Actually, I think that would be a rad game. Trench warfare, biplane dogfights, zeppelin hangar sabotage, mustard gas, etc.

We play COD4 "shipment" course and employ a "knives only" rule and it's pretty damn fun.

I don't know. It would be:
1. Start game
2. peek over trench
3. shot to head
4. spawn and repeat.

HC_Chief
07-16-2008, 01:03 PM
You must be a ridiculously skilled gamer because COD4 on Veteran is extremely challenging.

It's aggravating is what it is! :grr:
Shit pisses me off - you have to put half a mag into the bastards to drop them whereas it only takes a couple of rounds for them to kill you.

Besides, I have a bias against "spawning enemy" games. It's truly annoying when tangos are spawned based upon triggers in map locations.

Ultra Peanut
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't know. It would be:
1. Start game
2. peek over trench
3. shot to head
4. spawn and repeat.There's also "tidying up no man's land" fun to be had.

Redrum_69
07-16-2008, 03:16 PM
omg flamethrowers