PDA

View Full Version : Misc First Neighborly Feud

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, about an hour ago, I just had my first ever feud with a neighbor. Fuggen unbelievable.

I'm getting ready to walk my dog this morning. He's on his leash, however, I'm not at the other end of it for I went inside the garage for a moment. My dog is sitting there on the driveway waiting for me when he gets up and starts barking at my neighbor who comes out of her house. I tell him to stop. He stops barking immediately and sits back down. I then grab his leash and proceed with my walk.

This past weekend, my neighbor had a new driveway put in and so as I walk by, I say kindly, "So, how do you like your new driveway?" Instead of replying about the driveway she goes off on a rant about how I'm supposed to have my dog on a leash. I'm stunned. I honestly didn't expect this. She goes off about the fuggen leash laws and basically just having a bad fuggen morning and decided to take it out on me. Bitch.

So, I'm thinking to myself: 1. My dog WAS on a leash. 2. Yeah, he did bark at you, you fat *****in' c*nt. But, that's because he's doing what all dogs normally do and that is to say, "This is my territory and you stay away from it." 3. I immediately stopped my dog from barking and had him heel until I could get to the leash.

Gawd, I just wanted to fuggen seriously fuggen hit her. Where the ***** did this come from? The old bat for a husband got a limp johnson that won't get up anymore?

So yeah, I'm pissed and defensive of my dog. My dog isn't a dangerous dog and I believe the more exercise you give a dog, the better behaved they will be. At least I walk my dog every day, several times a day. My next door neighbor has NEVER walked their dogs.

Which brings me to her dogs. Two massive creatures who do nothing but sit outside on her deck and bark at me when I'm outside in the back. As long as I'm out there, they'll bark at me. If I'm out there for an hour, they'll bark persistently for an hour.

Thinking of that, I return the favor to my neighbor. "Well, there's also such a thing called a noise ordinance around here. And what that means is, if you can't shut your fuggen dogs up after a few minutes, the city can ticket you. Not trying to be a dick about it, but if you toss an off-leash ticket my way, then I'll retaliate with a video camera every single day. I'll just stand out on my patio and film your dogs barking all day long. Have a good day!!

Oh, and the first reply that mentions putting a bowl of antifreeze out is going to get a dog leash around the neck. :D

chasedude
06-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Do your neighbors hang out in their garage?

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 09:48 AM

No. Why?

FAX
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
This is terrible, Mr. CosmicPal. Some people are just fools.

Maybe you could contact the Latter-day Saints and tell them she needs help. That should keep her busy for a while.

FAX

Rooster
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM

ROFL She sounds like the type.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Hmmm, I think I know what their beef is now.

Her husband has like the best lawn anywhere on the planet. He's this old ***** that goes out every day with his lawnmower and mows his lawn. He's got the blades set about knee-high.

When I'm leaving and I take my dog with me- that is when he's off leash: walking from the door of my house to the car in the driveway! Every once in awhile, my dog will run over to his lawn and then come back when I call him. Damn.

So basically, she's telling me I need to leash the fuggen dog from my house to my car!

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Several responses, so let me give you few pointers.

This is going to be a bone of contention for you both.

Tell her she's barking up the wrong tree.

Her bark is worse than her bite.

You're such a heel.

The dog-days of summer really bring out the worst in people.

Sell her dogs. They'd probably fetch a pretty penny.

I'd mention antifreeze, but I don't want to stray from the subject.

She'll be licking her chops the next time you're dog's outside.

See if you can amicably resolve this - take her out for some chow.

Don't be too ruff, or she'll hound you about this years to come.

OK. I'm done for now.

tomahawk kid
06-11-2008, 09:57 AM

WTF is the deal with that.

Almost every house in my neighborhood and a back deck, but almost everyone hangs out in their driveway.

I just don't get it.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 10:00 AM

Almost every house in my neighborhood and a back deck, but almost everyone hangs out in their driveway.

I just don't get it.

They don't want to get hit by lightning? :shrug:

John_Wayne
06-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm getting ready to walk my dog this morning. He's on his leash, however, I'm not at the other end of it for I went inside the garage for a moment. My dog is sitting there on the driveway waiting for me when he gets up and starts barking at my neighbor who comes out of her house. I tell him to stop. He stops barking immediately and sits back down. I then grab his leash and proceed with my walk.

-- I doubt the accuracy of this description.

blueballs
06-11-2008, 10:01 AM
you call that feud
suburbanities are pussifing our country

MTG#10
06-11-2008, 10:01 AM

Her husband has like the best lawn anywhere on the planet. He's this old ***** that goes out every day with his lawnmower and mows his lawn. He's got the blades set about knee-high.

When I'm leaving and I take my dog with me- that is when he's off leash: walking from the door of my house to the car in the driveway! Every once in awhile, my dog will run over to his lawn and then come back when I call him. Damn.

So basically, she's telling me I need to leash the fuggen dog from my house to my car!
Fill a super soaker up with grass killer and when it gets dark spray the **** out of her yard. Next time you see her threaten to contact the homeowner's association if she doesnt do something about her terrible looking yard.

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 10:04 AM

I've never understood people like this. It's f'n grass.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 10:07 AM
-- I doubt the accuracy of this description.

You may have your doubts, but it's perfectly accurate. Believe it or not, there are some dedicated dog owners out there who can command their dogs and give them proper obedience. There's nothing to doubt.

KCChiefsMan
06-11-2008, 10:07 AM
my goodness, I'm having a neighbor problem as well. She's a nice old lady, but extremely annoying and was a good friend of my grandma's so I am definately not going to be mean to her. But damn is she getting on my nerves.

the mail comes around 6pm here and at 7pm she comes knocking on my door informing me that I have mail collecting in my mail box and that I need to check it, but I got a magazine that day so it stuck out a bit.

This is an old school house with a washer machine but no dryer, so I have to hang my clothes on a clothesline outside, well I had some sheets hanging out yesterday and again, she comes knocking on my door telling me that I need to take the sheets down and she said it about 5 times. I tried to explain that they weren't even dry yet, but noooo!

Then she told me about 16 times that I need to put my cigarettes out in something other than my damn ashtray that's on the back deck. I don't know why that would bother anybody as I empty the ashtray about once per day and I don't smoke inside. She tells me that I need to have a jar of water to put them in instead, no thanks as that would stink. So I go out and get a metal tin, fill it up halfway with dirt and put my butts in there instead and that's not good enough!

Then she comes over and knocks on the door again and lets me know that my backdoor is open, yes I was going in and out at that moment.

The other day she tells me that I need to park my car closer to the sidewalk (in my driveway) so that she can easily see if I'm home or not.

The other day I was outside on the back porch smoking and she tells me that I need to make sure that I don't leave the stove on. I'm like WTF? I don't leave it on!

she's Russian, so when she speaks it takes her about 5 times longer to speak. She's a nice lady and I'm not going to be mean to her because she was a great friend of my grandma's, but damn she is driving me crazy!

sorry for the rant

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Fill a super soaker up with grass killer and when it gets dark spray the **** out of her yard. Next time you see her threaten to contact the homeowner's association if she doesnt do something about her terrible looking yard.

LOL.

It's not necessary. If I ever need to truly retaliate. I would just stand on my patio with a camera pointed at her dogs. 1. The dogs will never stop barking. And 2. They won't do a damn thing to try to stop them from barking unless they get tired of it themselves and ask the creatures to go back inside.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
my goodness, I'm having a neighbor problem as well. She's a nice old lady, but extremely annoying and was a good friend of my grandma's so I am definately not going to be mean to her. But damn is she getting on my nerves.

the mail comes around 6pm here and at 7pm she comes knocking on my door informing me that I have mail collecting in my mail box and that I need to check it, but I got a magazine that day so it stuck out a bit.

This is an old school house with a washer machine but no dryer, so I have to hang my clothes on a clothesline outside, well I had some sheets hanging out yesterday and again, she comes knocking on my door telling me that I need to take the sheets down and she said it about 5 times. I tried to explain that they weren't even dry yet, but noooo!

Then she told me about 16 times that I need to put my cigarettes out in something other than my damn ashtray that's on the back deck. I don't know why that would bother anybody as I empty the ashtray about once per day and I don't smoke inside. She tells me that I need to have a jar of water to put them in instead, no thanks as that would stink. So I go out and get a metal tin, fill it up halfway with dirt and put my butts in there instead and that's not good enough!

Then she comes over and knocks on the door again and lets me know that my backdoor is open, yes I was going in and out at that moment.

The other day she tells me that I need to park my car closer to the sidewalk (in my driveway) so that she can easily see if I'm home or not.

The other day I was outside on the back porch smoking and she tells me that I need to make sure that I don't leave the stove on. I'm like WTF? I don't leave it on!

she's Russian, so when she speaks it takes her about 5 times longer to speak. She's a nice lady and I'm not going to be mean to her because she was a great friend of my grandma's, but damn she is driving me crazy!

sorry for the rant

Damn, that sux. YouTube her some day so the world can have a laugh.

FAX
06-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow. The world is increasingly populated with devil ladies.

FAX

kepp
06-11-2008, 10:20 AM

You should send a piece of mail to her address, except with your name on it, and a return address of the KGB c/o the Kremlin.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2008, 10:27 AM

You're such a heel.

OK. I'm done for now.
No pun fans here? You people are disappointing.

chasedude
06-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow. The world is increasingly populated with devil ladies.

FAX

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZ9MUycYD6Y&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZ9MUycYD6Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have a visual of this crazy nut!

chasedude
06-11-2008, 10:31 AM
No. Why?

Just curious if you have the same neighbors as Donger ;)

tooge
06-11-2008, 10:32 AM
put some roundup in a long spraying bottle or water gun. Nail that yoyos yard in a few spots in his back yard where your dog cant go. After a while he will have to keep his worthless dogs in the house so they dont "pee" in his back yard. That will solve the barking problem and keep the two of them occupied in the back where they dont see you in the front. Problem solved.

Demonpenz
06-11-2008, 10:49 AM
If the dog went into their yard say you are sorry and be more careful. Any strays come into my yard visit rainbow bridge

CoMoChief
06-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Here's my plan.

Step 1. take a couple sponges.
Step 2. Soak the sponges in bacon grease
Step 3. At night throw the bacon greased-sponges over the fence

Result: No more barking dogs at night.

Redrum_69
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM

I just don't get it.

its the smell of the asphalt

RNR
06-11-2008, 11:19 AM
You could Larry Johnson her ass :) I was over at a buddys house one time and his neighbors dog was going crazy. I said how do put up with that? He smiles and reaches for the top of a shelf unit in his patio, when his hand is almost there the dog takes off in a dead sprint. He laughs and says it works every time. He showed me the BB gun thats sits on the top shelf. I don't think it is cool to harm animals, but to be honest if that satan beast lived next door to me I would most likely do worse than a BB gun.

bogey
06-11-2008, 11:24 AM

sorry for the rant

I'm sure it's annoying, but it sounds like she's trying to take care of you.

Demonpenz
06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
In soviet russia the old people take care of you!

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 11:39 AM
She just wanted to eat your dog and was pissed you showed up

dj56dt58
06-11-2008, 12:01 PM
At night when their asleep, take your dog over there and let him shit everywhere..maybe sneak in a few shits of your own

FAX
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
An excellent idea, Mr. dj56dt58. I've always subscribed to the belief that sh*tting in someone's lawn is a good way to resolve conflict.

FAX

RNR
06-11-2008, 12:04 PM
An excellent idea, Mr. dj56dt58. I've always subscribed to the belief that sh*tting in someone's lawn is a good way to resolve conflict.

FAX

If you really want to make a point the hood of their car or truck.

dj56dt58
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Or..even better. Set out land minds and watch the ****ers try to mow then

Rausch
06-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Or..even better. Set out land minds and watch the ****ers try to mow then

Mines...Landmines... (http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors)

wutamess
06-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I've never understood people like this. It's f'n grass.

That's a dumb statement to make. In some areas curb appeal can increase a homes value by 15%. So you're "it's just grass" comment does nothing but show your ignorance while you could be missing out on tens of thousands of $'s because of your "it's just grass" outlook.

~Yes you stepped on my toes.

Futhermore, I'd be pissed off too if his dog kept running in my yard chitting everywhere without him getting it up while he uses his, "I was close by" excuse. How about you don't let your dog out UNTIL you're out and ready to walk it. And while you're at it... get a freagin pooper scooper while you're walking the fugger so that it doesn't mess up my or any of the neighbors yards. Not everyone loves your dog as much as you do.

dj56dt58
06-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Mines...Landmines... (http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors)

shit..yeah i know..got sidetracked

:cuss:

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2008, 12:16 PM
That's a dumb statement to make. In some areas curb appeal can increase a homes value by 15%. So you're "it's just grass" comment does nothing but show your ignorance while you could be missing out on tens of thousands of $'s because of your "it's just grass" outlook.

Futhermore, I'd be pissed off too if his dog kept running in my yard chitting everywhere without him getting it up while he uses his, " i was close by" excuse. How about you don't let your dog out UNTIL you're out and ready to walk it. And while you're at it... get a freagin pooper scooper while you're walking the fugger so that it doesn't mess up my or any of the neighbors yards.

Eh... worry about curb appeal when you're ready to sell.

:p

dj56dt58
06-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Futhermore, I'd be pissed off too if his dog kept running in my yard chitting everywhere without him getting it up while he uses his, " i was close by" excuse. How about you don't let your dog out UNTIL you're out and ready to walk it. And while you're at it... get a freagin pooper scooper while you're walking the fugger so that it doesn't mess up my or any of the neighbors yards.

someone has a hard on for grass

wutamess
06-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Eh... worry about curb appeal when you're ready to sell.

:p

Never mind it keeps the neighborhood looking nice and keeps property value up, huh? Always think as if you're home is forsale. That's how property value stays up.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
someone has a hard on for grass

No I have a hard on for people that don't do their part to keep the neighborhood looking nice. If you want to knock every damn piece of drywall down inside your home go at it. But don't neglect the outside bringing the property value down for all because of your lazy ignant azz.

Brock
06-11-2008, 12:25 PM
No I have a hard on for people that don't do their part to keep the neighborhood looking nice. If you want to knock every damn piece of drywall down inside your home go at it. But don't neglect the outside bringing the property value down for all because of your lazy ignant azz.

I doubt any of the people you are arguing with about it even own homes.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I doubt any of the people you are arguing with about it even own homes.

True... forgot to consider my source while getting my panties in a wad.

little jacob
06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
would i make a big stink if your dog shat in my yard once, no. if it was even a semi-regular thing, you bet your @$$ i would.

i'd start by throwing it back over into your yard with a shovel. if that didn't work, perhaps at the house or the front porch.

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 12:32 PM

Futhermore, I'd be pissed off too if his dog kept running in my yard chitting everywhere without him getting it up while he uses his, "I was close by" excuse. How about you don't let your dog out UNTIL you're out and ready to walk it. And while you're at it... get a freagin pooper scooper while you're walking the fugger so that it doesn't mess up my or any of the neighbors yards. Not everyone loves your dog as much as you do.

Heh, okay. I never said grass didn't matter at all, but just having a normal yard is not going to hurt the value of your home, and going overboard on it by cutting it every other day, watering non-stop, etc simply doesn't add that much extra value, if any. And if you're that desperate to make a little extra money, make smart investments.

But by all means keep on keeping on you yard nazi, i'll continue to laugh my ass of at you sweating constantly over your precious grass.

CrazyPhuD
06-11-2008, 12:35 PM
You should have said to her....well if there is a leash law where's yours?

wutamess
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Heh, okay. I never said grass didn't matter at all, but just having a normal yard is not going to hurt the value of your home, and going overboard on it by cutting it every other day, watering non-stop, etc simply doesn't add that much extra value, if any. And if you're that desperate to make a little extra money, make smart investments.

But by all means keep on keeping on you yard nazi, i'll continue to laugh my ass of at you sweating constantly over your precious grass.

I don't water nor cut everyday... Seriously doubt anyone actually does when you guys make those hyperboles. However, I do pride myself on having the nicest yard on the block and it has even made my neighbors keep their yards up. It's a competition that's a win-win for everyone.

You keep your average looking yard and I'll keep mine immaculate with the same amount of work you put into yours. Maybe an extra 2 hours / summer.

Plus has it ever occurred to you that maybe being in our yard is what relaxes us? We don't look at it as work, we look at it as a hobby that gets us out of the house while you're inside sucking air. If it was considered work we'd offer to make your shitty yard look good for a charge.

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't water nor cut everyday... Seriously doubt anyone actually does when you guys make those hyperboles. However, I do pride myself on having the nicest yard on the block and it has even made my neighbors keep their yards up. It's a competition that's a win-win for everyone.

You keep your average looking yard and I'll keep mine immaculate with the same amount of work you put into yours. Maybe an extra 2 hours /month.

Plus has it ever occurred to you that maybe being in our yard is what relaxes us? We don't look at it as work, we look at it as a hobby that gets us out of the house while you're inside sucking air. If it was considered work we'd offer to make your shitty yard look good for a charge.

I love how you assume my yard must be "shitty" because I'm not obsessed with it like you.

Having a nice yard is fine and dandy, but some people definitely cross the psycho line when it comes to yard maintenance. If that's how you get your rocks off, fine with me, but it just seems odd that is what you would prefer to do with your free time.

Oh, and let me take a wild guess that your blog is about yard work? :D

wutamess
06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I love how you assume my yard must be "shitty" because I'm not obsessed with it like you.

Having a nice yard is fine and dandy, but some people definitely cross the psycho line when it comes to yard maintenance. If that's how you get your rocks off, fine with me, but it just seems odd that is what you would prefer to do with your free time.

Oh, and let me take a wild guess that your blog is about yard work? :D

:spock: That all you got? Your yard is great. win-win for everybody.

My blog is about another hobby I'm working hard at.

bogey
06-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Everyone has different treasures. Mine is the furniture I build in my off time. If a neighbors dog came over and started gnawing on the leg of a beautiful table I just built, I would go psycho. If I took pride in my lawn and a neighbors dog came over and started ****ing with it, I would go psycho with that too. One mans trash is another mans treasure, have some ****ing respect for the other mans treasure.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 01:00 PM

Getting pissed about nothing. Wow.

First of all, my dog doesn't shit in his yard, nor has my dog EVER fuggen shit in his yard.

The very first thing I do every morning, is get up and take my dog for a walk. When he shits on our walks, I pick it up with the little fuggen handy doggie bag that I carry with me. Lucky for me, I don't always have to use my own, 'cause there's a park less than a mile from my house that the city puts up wooden posts that houses doggie bags for dog owners to take when their dog shits.

Ask before you accuse.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 01:04 PM

First of all, my dog doesn't shit in his yard, nor has my dog EVER fuggen shit in his yard.

The very first thing I do every morning, is get up and take my dog for a walk. When he shits on our walks, I pick it up with the little fuggen handy doggie bag that I carry with me. Lucky for me, I don't always have to use my own, 'cause there's a park less than a mile from my house that the city puts up wooden posts that houses doggie bags for dog owners to take when their dog shits.

Ask before you accuse.

The type of dog makes a difference.

Are we talking Taco Bell dog or an akita?...

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Ask before you accuse.

You were 1 for 2.

I still wouldn't want your dog in my yard as maybe you didn't see it poop in my yard so therefore you wouldn't be on alert to pick it up... Just spare us both and keep your dog on a leash ON YOU at ALL TIMES.

You totally disregarded the fact that your dog is left unattended by itself while you run in the house for some eggo's.

She has a gripe and so do you. Hers is more pertinent though as your dog could attack while here's are restrained.

I know... you have the best dog with 52 teeth there is. Not everyone believes you. I can't believe you have a problem with her... If you weren't there who's to say your dog wouldn't have attacked her?

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
You were 1 for 2.
You totally disregarded the fact that your dog is left unattended by itself while you run in the house for some eggo's.

She has a gripe and so do you. Hers is more pertinent though as your dog could attack while here's are restrained.

I know... you have the best dog with 52 teeth there is. Not everyone believes you. I can't believe you have a problem with her... If you weren't there who's to say your dog wouldn't have attacked her?

Dude, you have NO fuggen idea what you're talking about. All right. So, I'm going to leave you with this: GO **** YOURSELF AND YOUR HOLY GRAIL FOR A YARD

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
My wife and I have had numerous discussions about this. When she takes our dog for a walk, she opens the door and lets the dog out to run free while she's gathering up the leash and poop bags, etc. When I take the dog for a walk, I put the leash on while we're in the house. I know our dog is a sweetheart and will never hurt a soul, however, if there's a person in front of our house that is caught off guard by a dog running lose, they don't know that the dog is friendly and it freaks them out.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
You were 1 for 2.

I still wouldn't want your dog in my yard as maybe you didn't see it poop in my yard so therefore you wouldn't be on alert to pick it up... Just spare us both and keep your dog on a leash ON YOU at ALL TIMES.

What a bunch of bleeding vagina's we have become.

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:10 PM

Do you let your dog run free?

stumppy
06-11-2008, 01:11 PM

ROFL
No shit. I'll bet his brown eye stays so clinched you couldn't drive a 16 penny nail up it.

picasso
06-11-2008, 01:12 PM

Sorry but yeah you should have the dog on a leash from your house to your car. Other than that I see nothing you are doing wrong and being a caring dog owner and a considerate neighbor. But you shouldn't let the dog piss in other peoples yards, it kills grass especially if the dog is a female.

As far as the neighbors dogs barking I would purchase a blow horn like for boats. Blow that for as long as the dogs bark and see if they take the dogs in or stop the barking somehow.

I have a neighbor whose son used to come and play with my stepson, both are 12. One day their son got pissed off over a toy the kid wanted and the kid hit my stepson and was screaming at him at the top of his lungs. I told the kid to get out and not come back. Ten minutes later I walk outside and the kid is across the street with an air soft gun pointing it at my son and at my house. I told the kid "Get your ass out of here before I call the cops on your ass!" A little while later his mother who looks like a dike biker comes over to my front steps and says "So what is this that I hear you're gonna pop a cap in my sons ass?" NO!! I replied "I said I was gonna call the cops on his ass".
She replies "For an air soft gun? Those don't hurt."
UGH it was a pain in the ass conversation that I will not share. She has 3 dogs that they keep outside and all they do is bark all day. So I started using a blow horn and it appears she hates the blow horn more than the barking and she brings them in immediately.
I will deal with the dirty looks.

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:12 PM
ROFL
No shit. I'll bet his brown eye stays so clinched you couldn't drive a 16 penny nail up it.

Do you have a dog?

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Do any of you ****ers even read the posts before you respond? He's not letting his dog run free for Christ's sake!

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Dude, you have NO fuggen idea what you're talking about. All right. So, I'm going to leave you with this: GO **** YOURSELF AND YOUR HOLY GRAIL FOR A YARD

So since I'm presenting her side of the argument... I have no idea what I'm talking about. I see why you 2 are at each other's throats... you fail to respect her but want her to respect you. :hmmm:

stumppy
06-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Do you have a dog?

Two of them. A couple of dangerous, man eating beagles. That never leave my yard unless they are leashed.

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Do any of you ****ers even read the posts before you respond? He's not letting his dog run free for Christ's sake!

"He's on his leash, however, I'm not at the other end of it for I went inside the garage for a moment."

Do you read the posts ****er?

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:16 PM

So says the guy that personally injects his Pit bulls with selective personal man juice. There's no way your points about dogs can be taken seriously... why'd you even show up on this one?

stumppy
06-11-2008, 01:17 PM
So since I'm presenting her side of the argument... I have no idea what I'm talking about. I see why you 2 are at each other's throats... you fail to respect her but want her to respect you. :hmmm:

HTF can you have any idea whatsoever what her "side" of the arguement is ?

Rausch
06-11-2008, 01:17 PM

I know 4 people who've been attacked by dogs. Dogs raised mostly by white trash kids that don't take care of them. Sure, they're fed, they're not beaten or abused, but still neglected. Not properly tied up and fenced in. No exercise. Likely no vet visits. Always out and running the neighborhood.

Everyone doesn't know your dog so everyone isn't comfortable with your dog. Unless it's one of those rat things.

Everyone also has it in their head that their dog would never bite. BS. Good dogs have teeth too. Had a buddy in grade school got bit because he was playing ball in his back yard and when he turns about 5 feet away he sees a dog running at him. The dog just wanted to play. Kid got scared and threw the baseball at the dog.

Yeah, good dog, good kid, but the kid got bit. Now who's fault was it?

Pablo
06-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Having an immaculate yard does not increase the "value" of your home, only the marketability. If you put house A up beside house B and the first house has an immaculate yard it might sell a little faster if both houses went on the market at the same time, but house B IS NOT any less valuable, only less marketable. The amount loaned on either home will be fair market value regardless of the condition of the lawn.

Which can be fixed at any time, especially when you are getting ready to sell, by calling a yardcare company and having them spruce it up for you for around $100.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Never mind it keeps the neighborhood looking nice and keeps property value up, huh? Always think as if you're home is forsale. That's how property value stays up.

Why should I care if your property value stays up?

:Poke:

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:19 PM

An APBT, no. When I had my english bully I would walk her off leash. I remember taking her to the beach and we were on a trail getting there. Some lady just saw the dog and started grabing her husband hysterically yelling the dog the dog. He's screaming at me about a leash. I told him that dog isn't going to hurt you and it never even got close to them I just called her and carried her past them. He is all upset saying how do we know that? I said because I told you so and started laughing I couldn't help it.

There were a few similar incidents but not that bad other than a Chinese woman we saw when going around a corner that just dropped into fetal position and started crying LMAO I'm sorry if you are that afraid of life you should just take yourself out already.

wutamess
ROFL

No... I feel the lady's pain because I have 4 little ones that play outside constantly by themselves. It's all fun & games until someone gets hurt. Any of the neighbors dogs bite any of my kids they're catching a slug to the head on spot. It's that simple.

So put the fugger on a leash.. it isn't that hard. Plus it's the law.

CosmicPal
Sorry but yeah you should have the dog on a leash from your house to your car.

Well, for your information, I have already started doing that. I've been out twice this morning and put him on a leash on my way to the car. I've been pussified by this bullsh*t, but I am willing to do my best to keep him out of their yard.

Trust me though- they are going to get an earful regarding their dogs' persistent barking. That's going to come to and end as well. If I'm going to respect their wishes and leash my dog from now on- then they need to make an effort to shut their fuggen dogs up.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
So says the guy that personally injects his Pit bulls with selective personal man juice. There's no way your points about dogs can be taken seriously... why'd you even show up on this one?

If you are not even capable of posting without blatently lying about me maybe you should be the one that quits posting vagina boy.

Brock
06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Which can be fixed at any time, especially when you are getting ready to sell, by calling a yardcare company and having them spruce it up for you for around $100.

100 dollars? 10 years ago, maybe.

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Having an immaculate yard does not increase the "value" of your home, only the marketability. If you put house A up beside house B and the first house has an immaculate yard it might sell a little faster if both houses went on the market at the same time, but house B IS NOT any less valuable, only less marketable. The amount loaned on either home will be fair market value regardless of the condition of the lawn.

And selling a house quicker isn't a positive? Perhaps you should stay out of this conversation.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 01:22 PM

You STILL do not know what you're talking about. Give it a rest.

Dartgod
"He's on his leash, however, I'm not at the other end of it for I went inside the garage for a moment."

Do you read the posts ****er?
Yes I do and if you would have too, you would have noticed that he said "My dog is sitting there on the driveway waiting for me when he gets up and starts barking at my neighbor who comes out of her house. I tell him to stop. He stops barking immediately and sits back down. I then grab his leash and proceed with my walk."

Nowhere do I get any indication that the dog is "running free". Wutamess even goes as far as accusing him of letting the dog crap in her yard, leaving the dog unattended while he ducks inside for an Eggo, etc.

Try reading posts carefully before accusing someone of something.

bogey
An APBT, no. When I had my english bully I would walk her off leash. I remember taking her to the beach and we were on a trail getting there. Some lady just saw the dog and started grabing her husband hysterically yelling the dog the dog. He's screaming at me about a leash. I told him that dog isn't going to hurt you and it never even got close to them I just called her and carried her past them. He is all upset saying how do we know that? I said because I told you so and started laughing I couldn't help it.

There were a few similar incidents but not that bad other than a Chinese woman we saw when going around a corner that just dropped into fetal position and started crying LMAO I'm sorry if you are that afraid of life you should just take yourself out already.

If you don't see why this is a problem, we should just agree to disagree.

Pablo
06-11-2008, 01:23 PM
And selling a house quicker isn't a positive? Perhaps you should stay out of this conversation.Which I stated at the end of the post...you can spruce up your yard before you put it on the market anyhow, so a lawncare obsession while you live in the home and aren't planning to sell it isn't necessary.

So, STFU fella.

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 01:23 PM
My wife and I have had numerous discussions about this. When she takes our dog for a walk, she opens the door and lets the dog out to run free while she's gathering up the leash and poop bags, etc. When I take the dog for a walk, I put the leash on while we're in the house. I know our dog is a sweetheart and will never hurt a soul, however, if there's a person in front of our house that is caught off guard by a dog running lose, they don't know that the dog is friendly and it freaks them out.

How many people just automatically freak out and piss their pants when they see a dog off a leash in a homeowner's driveway?

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I know 4 people who've been attacked by dogs. Dogs raised mostly by white trash kids that don't take care of them. Sure, they're fed, they're not beaten or abused, but still neglected. Not properly tied up and fenced in. No exercise. Likely no vet visits. Always out and running the neighborhood.

Everyone doesn't know your dog so everyone isn't comfortable with your dog. Unless it's one of those rat things.

Everyone also has it in their head that their dog would never bite. BS. Good dogs have teeth too. Had a buddy in grade school got bit because he was playing ball in his back yard and when he turns about 5 feet away he sees a dog running at him. The dog just wanted to play. Kid got scared and threw the baseball at the dog.

Yeah, good dog, good kid, but the kid got bit. Now who's fault was it?

Good god, what kind of neighborhood to you live in? I'm interested in what breed cosmic owns.

wutamess

Great well-non-thought-out post.
Why pay for a person to spruce it up if it doesn't increase the value?
Little contradictory isn't is Eddie [/Griswald]?

Pablo
100 dollars? 10 years ago, maybe.I wasn't necessarily referring to a complete overhaul..maybe trimming the yard and overgrown hedges. You can find someone to do that for $100. One time.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
You STILL do not know what you're talking about. Give it a rest.

No shit, put a tampon in it already wutamess.

Brock
06-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I'd probably terrify a few of you. I walk my 3 labs without a leash every day. None of them need leashes. I usually walk them at night, however, to reduce the chance of starting widespread panic.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm interested in what breed cosmic owns.

Australian Cattle dog. :thumb:

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
If you don't see why this is a problem, we should just agree to disagree.

Told you he shouldn't be in the conversation... he loves the dogs. Fugg everybody else.

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes I do and if you would have too, you would have noticed that he said "My dog is sitting there on the driveway waiting for me when he gets up and starts barking at my neighbor who comes out of her house. I tell him to stop. He stops barking immediately and sits back down. I then grab his leash and proceed with my walk."

Nowhere do I get any indication that the dog is "running free". Wutamess even goes as far as accusing him of letting the dog crap in her yard, leaving the dog unattended while he ducks inside for an Eggo, etc.

Try reading posts carefully before accusing someone of something.

Because the dog is sitting in the driveway unattended (not being held), the dog is running free. Granted, it may be a great dog that will never hurt a soul, but to some people, it's a threat. Get it?

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Which I stated at the end of the post...you can spruce up your yard before you put it on the market anyhow, so a lawncare obsession while you live in the home and aren't planning to sell it isn't necessary.

So, STFU fella.

Do you suppose the dumbass that owns the dog that is trashing their lawn will pay for the landscaping? :shake:

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
No shit, put a tampon in it already wutamess.

So I have no idea that she was scared at your barking dog in your driveway & sometimes in their yard (while you're going to the garage)? Did I overlook something?

Reaching for the maxi's.

CosmicPal
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Because the dog is sitting in the driveway unattended (not being held), the dog is running free.

How in Gawd's name is that "running free" The dog is under my voice command!!

Granted, it may be a great dog that will never hurt a soul, but to some people, it's a threat. Get it?

And those some people are ignorant and scared and litigious fuggen souls

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
How many people just automatically freak out and piss their pants when they see a dog off a leash in a homeowner's driveway?

I don't know the answer to that.

kepp
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Australian Cattle dog. :thumb:

Well there you go. She's not angry about the dog. She just doesn't like cows.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM

They're ignorant of your dog's intentions as they should be.
You're officially Big Daddy II.
I hope it's not too late for you to get a clue.

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Because the dog is sitting in the driveway unattended (not being held), the dog is running free. Granted, it may be a great dog that will never hurt a soul, but to some people, it's a threat. Get it?
Whatever you say, chicken little. :shake:

FAX
06-11-2008, 01:33 PM
In a way, a yard full of feral dogs ought to increase one's property value. I mean, it's pretty certain that nobody's going to sh*t on your lawn.

FAX

BIG_DADDY

LMAO

Rausch

Ever wonder why, while you're breaking the law (if there's a leash law in your area,) that people might react that way?

You ever consider that in some countries they use large breeds to hunt down and torture people? Countries like China?

It's...unfortunate you'd see a woman cowering in fear and laugh at her instead of wondering why.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM

Not trying to antagonize, and I'm not saying what you did was right or wrong. But it is possible that someone is simply frightened by the dog because of previous past experience, or for no reason whatsoever. That does not mean they are either ignorant or litigious.

I'm a little skittish of dogs I don't know because not only have a covered from a news perspective dog attacks, both fatal and serious injury, but also because I was scared shitless when I was 11 or 12 and the neighbor's chow tore ass after me, snarling, growling and barking.

BIG_DADDY
They're ignorant of your dog's intentions as they should be.
You're officially Big Daddy II.
I hope it's not too late for you to get a clue.

Cat People LMAO

FAX
Maybe the lady was mauled in a past life?

FAX

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Do you suppose the dumbass that owns the dog that is trashing their lawn will pay for the landscaping? :shake:
Again, you're making shit up. Show me one post where his dog was "trashing" someone's lawn.

bogey

That simply doesn't matter. Ignorant, litigious fuggen souls have the same rights as you.

eazyb81
I don't know the answer to that.

Will you at least admit that it would be a very, very small percentage of the population?

Thus, who cares about the extreme minority of people who actually get scared to death of seeing a dog sitting in its driveway without a leash (or in this case wearing a leash but the owner is in the garage). Seriously, who gives a f#ck about freaks like this.

FAX
If you don't like getting bitten, stay indoors. That's my motto.

FAX

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Ever wonder why, while you're breaking the law (if there's a leash law in your area,) that people might react that way?

You ever consider that in some countries they use large breeds to hunt down and torture people? Countries like China?

It's...unfortunate you'd see a woman cowering in fear and laugh at her instead of wondering why.

He doesn't care if some tampons reaching skank is inferior to his Bull dog. Why should he It's hillarious. Aint it? :shrug:

picasso
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, for your information, I have already started doing that. I've been out twice this morning and put him on a leash on my way to the car. I've been pussified by this bullsh*t, but I am willing to do my best to keep him out of their yard.

Trust me though- they are going to get an earful regarding their dogs' persistent barking. That's going to come to and end as well. If I'm going to respect their wishes and leash my dog from now on- then they need to make an effort to shut their fuggen dogs up.

Get a blow horn, serious, it's irritating and it works. if they call the cops on ya you will have witness in blue to what goes on on there side of the fence.
They will be pissed but like I said I can deal with the dirty looks at least I don't hear the damn dogs anymore or at most very little.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Good god, what kind of neighborhood to you live in?

1/2 middle class 1/2 white trash.

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Wrong analogy friend.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Will you at least admit that it would be a very, very small percentage of the population?

Thus, who cares about the extreme minority of people who actually get scared to death of seeing a dog sitting in its driveway without a leash (or in this case wearing a leash but the owner is in the garage). Seriously, who gives a f#ck about freaks like this.

Also never mind the fact that a dog on a leash without it's owner looks like it could've gotten free from somewhere and is possibly dangerous.

I still have no idea what I'm talking about... Why do i keep posting stupid things that make no sense to the situation at all?

BIG_DADDY

It was an English Bulldog.

Rausch
If you don't like getting bitten, stay indoors. That's my motto.

FAX

Your dog runs off and ends up in my yard once, I'll call and let you know. The next time he runs off he doesn't come back.

That's my motto...

Rooster
I'd probably terrify a few of you. I walk my 3 labs without a leash every day. None of them need leashes. I usually walk them at night, however, to reduce the chance of starting widespread panic.

:eek: Dear Lord..... How many children have they eaten??? :evil:

FAX
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Those are funny looking dogs, Mr. BIG_DADDY. I love 'em.

More likely to slobber you to death than anything else.

FAX

picasso
Well there you go. She's not angry about the dog. She just doesn't like cows.

Or Austrailians.

Rausch
It was an English Bulldog.

Clearly she was just turning her head in disgust at the pure ugly of the creature...

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Also never mind the fact that a dog on a leash without it's owner looks like it could've broken away from somewhere and is possibly dangerous.

I still have no idea what I'm talking about... Why do i keep posting stupid things that make no sense to the situation at all?

I hope you don't fill your kids with your unreasonable fears. Why did you resort to blatently lying about me? Were you trying to make some point?

FAX
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Your dog runs off and ends up in my yard once, I'll call and let you know. The next time he runs off he doesn't come back.

That's my motto...

Your wacky, wild-ass dog shows up in my garage, it's dog meet shovel and you're having Chinese for supper.

That's another one of my special mottos.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Those are funny looking dogs, Mr. BIG_DADDY. I love 'em.

More likely to slobber you to death than anything else.

FAX

Yes

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Clearly she was just turning her head in disgust at the pure ugly of the creature...

What?

Rausch
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Your wacky, wild-ass dog shows up in my garage, it's dog meet shovel and you're having Chinese for supper.

That's another one of my special mottos.

FAX

Good point.

While we're sitting here complaining about dogs every cat owner in the country lets his little princess $3it, and hunt, and climb all over my ****ing car. I'm giving strong consideration to slow cooked kitty...

bogey
06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Again, you're making shit up. Show me one post where his dog was "trashing" someone's lawn.

quoted from Cosmicpal. "Every once in awhile, my dog will run over to his lawn and then come back when I call him." Again, you may not think he's trashing the lawn, but it's quite possible he is. It sounds like the owner doesn't necessarily keep a close eye on the dog since he lets him run loose.

FAX
06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
The thing about English Bulldogs is that they are basically very friendly creatures. Unless they're trained to behave differently.

FAX

chasedude
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I've made friends with the neighbors dog. They don't bark at me anymore. I throw hot dogs over the fence and they quiet down.

It's amazing how so many people can have such anger towards man's best friend.

kepp
06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
The thing about English Bulldogs is that they are basically very friendly creatures. Unless they're trained to behave differently.

FAX

Very polite as well.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Good point.

While we're sitting here complaining about dogs every cat owner in the country lets his little princess $3it, and hunt, and climb all over my ****ing car. I'm giving strong consideration to slow cooked kitty...

My cats never leave my house. So... no. :harumph:

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Very polite as well.

Except when they're snoring so loud you can't hear the tv. :)

FAX
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Good point.

Totally agree, Mr. Rausch. But the worst are neighbors who raise those damnedable attack pigeons.

My God in Heaven.

FAX

Dartgod
quoted from Cosmicpal. It sounds like the owner doesn't necessarily keep a close eye on the dog since he lets him run loose.
No, it sounds to me like he is a responsible owner, who has a well trained dog that responds to his master.

You keep exaggerating the situation, talking all this ridiculous crap about the dog "running loose". To me, that means a dog that is undisciplined, running about the neighborhood unattended.

It's people like that that cause problems for responsible owners like Cosmicpal.

FAX
Very polite as well.

How so, Mr. kepp? They're basically saliva machines. I see nothing polite about that.

FAX

FAX
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
No, it sounds to me like he is a responsible owner, who has a well trained dog that responds to his master.

You keep exaggerating the situation, talking all this ridiculous crap about the dog "running loose". To me, that means a dog that is undisciplined, running about the neighborhood unattended.

Let's face it. Mr. CosmicPal's fascination with feral dogs is coming back to haunt him.

FAX

Rausch
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
What?

I'm saying that's one ugly breed of dog.

Here, just for comparison.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Totally agree, Mr. Rausch. But the worst are neighbors who raise those damnedable attack pigeons.

My God in Heaven.

FAX

Poo and coo. All they do. Poo and ****ing coo...

mikey23545
06-11-2008, 01:55 PM

My God, that dog on the right is hideous!

wutamess
06-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I hope you don't fill your kids with your unreasonable fears. Why did you resort to blatently lying about me? Were you trying to make some point?

Lying about your man juices?
I'm sorry Charlie Murphy. It was an Accident. I offer you a truce. [/RJames]

I was making the point that you're just like the perp here... you feel your dogs do no wrong so you'd add nothing of substance. If it doesn't offend you... certainly it's ok with everyone else that crawls up into a fetal position because they're facing a smiling Cujo.

Rooster
06-11-2008, 02:01 PM

ROFLROFL

Both are used to hunt women in China I heard.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Lying about your man juices?
I'm sorry Charlie Murphy. It was an Accident. I offer you a truce. [/RJames]

I was making the point that you're just like the perp here... you feel your dogs do no wrong so you'd add nothing of substance. If it doesn't offend you... certainly it's ok with everyone else that crawls up into a fetal position because they're facing a smiling Cujo.

Is that what that little English Bulldog is to you, Cujo? LMAO Dude if you are going to live with fear like that dude you're better off dead.

What we have become is a bunch of bleeding vagina’s that have become scared of anything outside of the hermetic seal of our own domain. Heaven forbid we should ever have venture out into the real world and have to deal with anything with fur and teeth. How to deal with such a world of horrors? :hmmm: I know, play increasingly popular American victim card. This way I can avoid facing my own unreasonable douchebag fears and project my victimness into the world and make others deal with it. Yea that’s the ticket.

What a ****ing joke.

Brought to you by wutamess, PETA and Stay Free Maxi-Pads.

keg in kc
This isn't directly related to your story, but I can't remember if I've told it here (I probably have): I love dogs, but I can tell from personal experience that just because think your dog isn't dangerous doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't. I got attacked by a 'not dangerous' dog about a year and a half ago. I was out walking, across the street from where he lived (so not walking on or even near his yard...) listening to the radio, doing absolutely nothing threatening in any way. I'd seen this dog loose dozens of times before, had never even been barked at, nothing. But this time, for whatever reason, he literally ran out of his yard and across the street to try and take a chunk out of the back of one of my legs (I'm assuming he was trying to hamstring me...). I barely even realized he was coming at me before he hit. I was lucky, he barely broke the skin because I was wearing thick, baggy sweats with long shorts underneath, and it happened one of the kids that lived at the house was outside playing and started yelling at him, and he didn't make a second pass. Or maybe he was lucky, because I was ready to kick his f*cking head off at that point, and looking for something, anything that I could hit him with if he came at me again.

Neighbors suck, though. Especially ones with noisy dogs. They don't bark at night, I hope.

bogey
Dude, he is the one that has talked about his dog running lose. I'm quoting him, yes?We've used this story as a general debate about pets off leash. I agree he is likely a responsible owner, his neighbors however, don't agree. He needs to abide by the laws of his city, or go somewhere else. Even if those laws suck. I think we should be able to smoke in particular establishments, but we can't, because of the law. Just because I disagree, I still don't go in and light up. He should keep his dog leashed while in public, period.

kepp
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
How so, Mr. kepp? They're basically saliva machines. I see nothing polite about that.

FAX

I just assumed because they're English.

Also, if you want a real saliva machine, get a Newfoundland.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Is that what that little English Bulldog is to you, Cujo? LMAO Dude if you are going to live with fear like that dude you're better off dead.

What we have become is a bunch of bleeding vaginaís that have become scared of anything outside of the hermetic seal of our own domain. Heaven forbid we should ever have venture out into the real world and have to deal with anything with fur and teeth. How to deal with such a world of horrors? :hmmm: I know, play increasingly popular American victim card. This way I can avoid facing my own unreasonable douchebag fears and project my victimness into the world and make others deal with it. Yea thatís the ticket.

What a ****ing joke.

Brought to you by wutamess, PETA and Stay Free Maxi-Pads.

First off... You have it twisted. I don't give a shit what he does with his dog(s). I'm just trying to give him (and you for that matter) another person's perspective.

Obviously you 2 are very selfish because someone doesn't seem to share your love for YOUR animals.

Futhermore, I love dogs and all animals (that are not my own) except cats (hate'm). To each his own but all I ask is that you be the responsible owners you claim to be and respect other peoples rights while indulging in yours. Stop trying to force me (in general) to love your dogs.

Lastly, I teach my kids to not be afraid of animals as if they sense fear they're bound to attack. 3 out of my 4 kids aren't scared of dogs no matter how big they are. Still working on my middle girl. She's a little uncomfortable.

Point is, they're your dogs... no different than kids. Control them.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Dude, he is the one that has talked about his dog running lose. I'm quoting him, yes?We've used this story as a general debate about pets off leash. I agree he is likely a responsible owner, his neighbors however, don't agree. He needs to abide by the laws of his city, or go somewhere else. Even if those laws suck. I think we should be able to smoke in particular establishments, but we can't, because of the law. Just because I disagree, I still don't go in and light up. He should keep his dog leashed while in public, period.

There are too many laws. They are trying to legislate any real dogs out of existence in this state. You can't even run your dogs in the mountains anymore out here. **** them. I have a way around all of this and worst thing that can happen is I get a fine so fine me already.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:14 PM
First off... You have it twisted. I don't give a shit what he does with his dog(s). I'm just trying to give him (and you for that matter) another person's perspective.

Obviously you 2 are very selfish because someone doesn't seem to share your love for YOUR animals.

Futhermore, I love dogs and all animals (that are not my own) except cats (hate'm). To each his own but all I ask is that you be the responsible owners you claim to be and respect other peoples rights while indulging in yours. Stop trying to force me (in general) to love your dogs.

Lastly, I teach my kids to not be afraid of animals as if they sense fear they're bound to attack. 3 out of my 4 kids aren't scared of dogs no matter how big they are. Still working on my middle girl. She's a little uncomfortable.

Point is, they're your dogs... no different than kids. Control them.

He did control his. I did control mine and that's the best post you made on the subject other than the fact that you thinnk we want other people to like our dogs. I am not sure where that came from.

FAX
I just assumed because they're English.

Also, if you want a real saliva machine, get a Newfoundland.

Have you ever been to the UK, Mr. kepp? Those people are outright rude for no reason whatsoever. The dudes guarding the Tower of London won't even speak to you.

As for Newfoundlands, I would have no idea. Other than it sounds like they were isolated for a long time which might explain the spitting.

FAX

Dartgod
If this was an untrained dog roaming the neighborhood unattended, then you would have a point. But it isn't the case.

It's a well trained dog being escorted, under control mind you, from the house to the car (And I don't care if he was on a leash or not, if he is properly trained, he is under control). Or being unattended "for a moment" while the owner steps into the garage.

Groves
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
You may have your doubts, but it's perfectly accurate. Believe it or not, there are some dedicated dog owners out there who can command their dogs and give them proper obedience. There's nothing to doubt.

Just "command" your dog to not go over to her yard then.

Solved.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I know, play increasingly popular American victim card. This way I can avoid facing my own unreasonable douchebag fears and project my victimness into the world and make others deal with it. Yea thatís the ticket.

What a ****ing joke.

I'm not scared of dogs. I had a pitt/lab/shepherd mix. Great dog. Biggest puss I've ever seen.

It's not an unreasonable fear, it's valid. People don't take care of their dogs, in general, any more than they do their kids these days.

I hear you. I'm also sick of 155lb teenage white kids using a huge dog to compensate for low self worth and an empty nest downstairs.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:17 PM
He did control his. I did control mine and that's the best post you made on the subject other than the fact that you thinnk we want other people to like our dogs. I am not sure where that came from.

His dog loose on his driveway IS NOT CONTROLLED.

Well you claiming that a Chinese lady crawled into a fetal position doesn't go over too well with imagery. If that doesn't tell you that you need to stat thinking differently... I'm afraid I don't have the time to educate you on your ignorance or flat out disrespect for someone else.

Not everyone is the Neanderthal you're making yourself out to be.

kepp
06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Have you ever been to the UK, Mr. kepp? Those people are outright rude for no reason whatsoever. The dudes guarding the Tower of London won't even speak to you.

As for Newfoundlands, I would have no idea. Other than it sounds like they were isolated for a long time which might explain the spitting.

FAX

I work with a British chap and he is quite polite. Maybe they booted him out for not conforming.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:19 PM
If this was an untrained dog roaming the neighborhood unattended, then you would have a point. But it isn't the case.

It's a well trained dog being escorted, under control mind you, from the house to the car (And I don't care if he was on a leash or not, if he is properly trained, he is under control). Or being unattended "for a moment" while the owner steps into the garage.

WRONG!... What if it was a alligator or whatever? Just because he's fine with it and thinks it's controlled does not mean the neighbors should be subject to guessing at the odds of the dogs controllability.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Neither is he. You must have hit a nerve...

FAX
06-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I have to admit, the out-of-control alligator is a pretty good point.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:21 PM

Well you claiming that a Chinese lady crawled into a fetal position doesn't go over too well with imagery. If that doesn't tell you that you need to stat thinking differently... I'm afraid I don't have the time to educate you on your ignorance or flat out disrespect for someone else.

See, we just start to make progress and you gotta go there. :shake: Both dogs were verbally controlled. If that isn't good enough for you with his 30 pound dog and a harmless English Bully you call Cujo then tuff shit. Furthermore I don't think the leash law would apply to cosmic being the dog never left his property.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:26 PM
WRONG!... What if it was a alligator or whatever? Just because he's fine with it and thinks it's controlled does not mean the neighbors should be subject to guessing at the odds of the dogs controllability.

An alligator? LMAO You are a trip dude. You have any other massive exaggerations or blatent lies you would like to pull out of your ass before we close?

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
My dog is sitting there on the driveway waiting for me when he gets up and starts barking at my neighbor who comes out of her house. I tell him to stop. He stops barking immediately and sits back down.
Sounds like he controlled him to me.

Look. I understand what you are trying to say. But the problem isn't with owners like Cosmicpal. The problem is irresponsible owners that buy a dog for their kids, or to protect their house without proper training. These are the douchebags that let their dogs run loose unattended, or even train them to attack. These are the dogs that bite people and cause an irrational fear of properly trained dogs like CP's.

Hell even the neighbors dogs aren't trained properly since they apparently bark all the damned time. What the **** right does she have to bitch about?

Rooster
06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I have to admit, the out-of-control alligator is a pretty good point.

FAX

ROFL Yup.. A situation can get pretty ugly when you throw in an out-of-control alligator.

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 02:30 PM
An alligator? LMAO You are a trip dude. You have any other massive exaggerations or blatent lies you would like to pull out of your ass before we close?
No shit. Nothing like using reasonable arguments to make your point. :rolleyes:

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:30 PM

Tell me how the lady isn't to assume that a loose (alligator) dog isn't dangerous.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 02:31 PM

Look. I understand what you are trying to say. But the problem isn't with owners like Cosmicpal. The problem is irresponsible owners that buy a dog for their kids, or to protect their house without proper training. These are the douchebags that let their dogs run loose unattended, or even train them to attack. These are the dogs that bite people and cause an irrational fear of properly trained dogs like CP's.

Hell even the neighbors dogs aren't trained properly since they apparently bark all the damned time. What the **** right does she have to bitch about?

That's what I'm getting at. I don't understand throwing a fit over a friggen lap dog. A large dog that could put you down, yes.

Of course by the time he posted the breed it had already become a slugfest...

Rausch
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
ROFL Yup.. A situation can get pretty ugly when you throw in an out-of-control alligator.

I promise you, you do a google for "gator + charges" and it's like 8,000 pages long...

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't think you guys are getting it.
If it was a freaking miniature Chihwawah (sp?) and it freightened her.. the only fair thing would be to abide by the freakin rules. Just because she's scared of the worlds friendliest dog doesn't make her wrong. The breed should have no parts in this conversation. Laws are there for a reason.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Just "command" your dog to not go over to her yard then.

Solved.

Great point. Or to even not stay or go outside without him attached to the leash would be even better.

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Tell me how the lady isn't to assume that a loose (alligator) dog isn't dangerous.
Have you even considered the possibility that this lady knows the dog is not dangerous, but is just a miserable bitch that is not happy until she passes some of her misery off to someone else? Noooooo, there are no people like that around.

My brother lives in a small subdivision that is heavily populated by kids and dogs. A few years ago, some old man moved into the house that butts up to their backyard and he does nothing but bitch and moan about kids and dogs barking. The old man KNEW THIS was what the neighborhood was like, yet he CHOSE to move in there anyway.

My bro has two dogs and they do bark when they are out in the fenced-in backyard, but they are house dogs and really don't spend a lot of time out there. The old man behind him has filed multiple complaints about the dogs barking "all hours of the night". It's cost my brother hundreds in legal fees even there is no basis to what the man is claiming.

I suspect Cosmicpal's neighbor is much like the old man that lives behind my brother.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Have you even considered the possibility that this lady knows the dog is not dangerous, but is just a miserable bitch that is not happy until she passes some of her misery off to someone else? Noooooo, there are no people like that around.

My brother lives in a small subdivision that is heavily populated by kids and dogs. A feew years ago, some old man moved into the house that butts up to their backyard and does nothing but bitch and moan about kids and dogs barking. The old man KNEW THIS was what the neighborhood was like, yet he CHOSE to move in there anyway.

My bro has two dogs and they do bark when they are out in the fenced-in backyard, but the are house dogs and really don't spend a lot of time out there. The old man behind him has filed multiple complaints about the dogs barking "all hours of the night". It's cost my brother hundreds in legal fees even there is no basis to what the man is claiming. I suspect Cosmicpal's neighbor is much like the old man that lives bhind my brother.

Great story. But since the well trained unattended dog barked at her when she left HER HOUSE does she have a point?

stumppy
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL:spock:ROFLROFLROFLROFL

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't think you guys are getting it.
If it was a freaking miniature Chihwawah (sp?) and it freightened her.. the only fair thing would be to abide by the freakin rules. Just because she's scared of the worlds friendliest dog doesn't make her wrong. The breed should have no parts in this conversation. Laws are there for a reason.

So you think the whole world and all the dogs and people in it should all have to suffer in order to accommodate somebody's unreasonable fear? This is douchebag legislation and the fact that you support it comes as no surprise to me. I refuse to accommodate such unreasonable fears or the laws that protect them. Consiquently I run my dogs (APBT's) in the mountains anyway on leash. Does it piss people off, yea it does big time. If they really want us out then allow us in some of the mountains and I will stay out of the others. The fact that they take 100% of the mountains for themself and ban everyone else who has dogs from going into all of them only insures that they will never know if I am coming around the corner.

Right after the presario attack in SF they were actually attempting to enforce the leash laws. I was walking the English Bully outside in mountain view while I was waiting for a hair cut. Cops pull up "you need to have that dog on a leash" I'm like OK and keep walking her off leash. They just shook their head and drove off. LMAO

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:46 PM

I know you're laughing at me... but I had a ball typing that out. I was laughing my ass off too.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 02:47 PM

wutamess is a friggen trip dude. What if it was a Grizzley bear? Oh the humanity.

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Great story. But since the well trained unattended dog barked at her when she left HER HOUSE does she have a point?
First of all, what you typed really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Secondly, are you suggesting that the dog is supposed to know exactly where his property ends and hers begins?

And lastly, perhaps you missed the point where he commanded the dog to stop barking and it did (as well as sat back down).

This whole thing is a stupid ****ing argument. A few of you are projecting and exaggerating to argue against irresponsible dog owners. Nothing wrong with that, except that the OP seems to be anything but irresponsible.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Well if he's so responsible. he shouldn't have went in without the dog.

Not placing blame on him... just trying to get him to see her perspective. Now if she's the b!tchy type that's just doing it for chits and grins then to hell with her. But you'd be surprised at how some people are scurred to death of the slightest thing. Since there's a leash law the only thing for a responsible owner to do would be to abide by them.

No exceptions on how cute the furry grizzly is.

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Well if he's so responsible. he shouldn't have went in without the dog.

Not placing blame on him... just trying to get him to see her perspective. Now if she's the b!tchy type that's just doing it for chits and grins then to hell with her. But you'd be surprised at how some people are scurred to death of the slightest thing. Since there's a leash law the only thing for a responsible owner to do would be to abide by them.

No exceptions on how cute the furry grizzly is.
The person in question has two big dogs, but is afraid of other peoples well-trained dogs. Right.

I suspect this is a case of a miserable bitch wanting to spread her misery to everyone she comes in contact with.

keg in kc
06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
The direction of this thread the last few post's raising the question of whether we should abide by all rules/regulations/laws, or only the ones we want to, or those that don't inconvenience us.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
The person in question has two big dogs, but is afraid of other peoples well-trained dogs. Right.

I suspect this is a case of a miserable bitch wanting to spread her misery to everyone she comes in contact with.

For sake of argument, I had a 110-pound Great Pyrenees. It didn't change the fact I was skittish of 40-pound chows.

blueballs
06-11-2008, 03:22 PM
It could be worse
She could be a cat person

bogey
06-11-2008, 03:45 PM

I hear ya. But where do you draw the line? And who decides that line? Unfortunately, because we live in a land of laws, lines need to be drawn. Is it okay to break the law a little bit?

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 03:47 PM
I hear ya. But where do you draw the line? And who decides that line? Unfortunately, because we live in a land of too many laws, lines need to be drawn. Is it okay to break the law a little bit?

Fixed it for you.

dj56dt58
06-11-2008, 03:48 PM

So does a little midget run around and judge these yards?

Groves
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
CosmicPal,

I feel for you, because the bottom line is when you have an unreasonable neighbor, life is just harder.

I've had good ones, and "challenging ones". She sounds like the kind of person that if it wasn't the dog, it would just be something else. A no win situation.

bogey
06-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Thank you for making my point. I suspect Cosmicpal and BD are in the minority of dog owners and that's the problem. Therefore, laws need to be set up to protect society from the majority of dog owners. Unfortunately, you folks that are good owners, need to abide by the laws that have been created due to the majority of bad dog owners. Get it? And to take it to another level, whether you agree with the fear of a person getting in the fetal position from fear, or not, how the **** can you ignore it and/or laugh at it? That is callus.

bogey
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Fixed it for you.

Thanks for fixing it. Doesn't change my point though.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks for fixing it. Doesn't change my point though.

Yea it does. When things get so ridiculous at what point do people lose respect for the law and do what they want when it comes to things like douchebag legislation?

wutamess
06-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Yea it does. When things get so ridiculous at what point do people lose respect for the law and do what they want when it comes to things like douchebag legislation?

The same douchebag legislation that has banned your most beloved breed in a lot of areas of the country. You have a problem with authority.

Were you bullied as a kid? The runt in class? How tall are you?
I sense Napolean syndrome here.

bogey
06-11-2008, 04:30 PM

America, love it or leave it. Or try to change it. Hopefully you try to change it legally while following the laws of the land. If not, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:34 PM
The same douchebag legislation that has banned your most beloved breed in a lot of areas of the country. You have a problem with authority.

Were you bullied as a kid? The runt in class? How tall are you?
I sense Napolean syndrome here.

6'3" and am usually between 220 and 230 and fight in major jiu-jitsu tourneys asshole. Wrong again. Now go ****ing wipe your box.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:37 PM
America, love it or leave it. Or try to change it. Hopefully you try to change it legally while following the laws of the land. If not, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

I don't have time to change the world I just find the best way for me to go through it. This new safty first knee pads and safety helmut society can kiss my ass. I simply refuse to wear a skirt simply because some estrogen monstors say I should. Like I said, what a bunch of bleeding vagina's we have become.

kstater
06-11-2008, 04:40 PM
No... I feel the lady's pain because I have 4 little ones that play outside constantly by themselves. It's all fun & games until someone gets hurt. Any of the neighbors dogs bite any of my kids they're catching a slug to the head on spot. It's that simple.

So put the fugger on a leash.. it isn't that hard. Plus it's the law.

Maybe you should put your kids on a leash so they don't run off or shit in someones lawn.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
So we learned that :

1) A$$#oles are everywhere.
2) A$$#oles always speak their mind.
3) If you can't even get along with the guys on your fun-time BB don't expect to all the time with your neighbors. Arguments happen. Say **** it and discuss yer' differences over a beer or 12...

Dartgod
06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
It is douchebag legislation, because instead of punishing the assholes who irresponsibly raise or train an otherwise harmless (to humans) breed, we'll just ban the breed instead. :shake:

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Maybe you should put your kids on a leash so they don't run off or shit in someones lawn.

LMAO

Rausch
06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't have time to change the world I just find the best way for me to go through it. This new safty first knee pads and safety helmut society can kiss my ass. I simply refuse to wear a skirt simply because some estrogen monstors say I should. Like I said, what a bunch of bleeding vagina's we have become.

Had he said he was pretty much raising the ****ing dog from Frasier I doubt any of this nonsense arguing would have happened. That dog is only a danger to his pride and perhaps other uncut muts.

The neighbor's being...well...female. End of story.

Rausch
06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
It is douchebag legislation, because instead of punishing the assholes who irresponsibly raise or train an otherwise harmless (to humans) breed, we'll just ban the breed instead. :shake:

Agreed there.

To bad we can't put the owners down instead...

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
So we learned that :

1) A$$#oles are everywhere.
2) A$$#oles always speak their mind.
3) If you can't even get along with the guys on your fun-time BB don't expect to all the time with your neighbors. Arguments happen. Say **** it and discuss yer' differences over a beer or 12...

Or just buy an alligator, you won't have to put up with as many ridiculous laws.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Had he said he was pretty much raising the ****ing dog from Frasier I doubt any of this nonsense arguing would have happened. That dog is only a danger to his pride and perhaps other uncut muts.

The neighbor's being...well...female. End of story.

wutamess called my little english bully Cujo. The guy definatley needs to turn in his man card.

dj56dt58
06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
6'3" and am usually between 220 and 230 and fight in major jiu-jitsu tourneys asshole. Wrong again. Now go ****ing wipe your box.

eh if this guy wants to jack off on his yard and roll around in it let em..

wutamess
06-11-2008, 04:57 PM

Novel concept except for one thing... NO TODDLER HAS EVER BEEN ACCUSED OF GOING OFF AND ATTACKING OR MAULING SOMEONE.

Got anymore smartass?

wutamess
06-11-2008, 04:59 PM
wutamess called my little english bully Cujo. The guy definatley needs to turn in his man card.

I was referring to any dog from the lady's perspective... Not your slobberer. (word?)

kstater
06-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Novel concept except for one thing... NO TODDLER HAS EVER BEEN ACCUSED OF GOING OFF AND ATTACKING OR MAULING SOMEONE.

Got anymore smartass?

OK I'll give you that one. When they get older, then will you put them on a leash? All teenagers attack people, well the properly trained ones at least.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 05:00 PM

For what it's worth... I've always wanted an English bully myself.
Thought about seriously getting one but don't want to have to go through breaking one in while I have all these little kids.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
OK I'll give you that one. When they get older, then will you put them on a leash? All teenagers attack people.

Hell yeah. Sounds fair. But wait... The law doesn't require me to do so.
Nope. It's official I don't like it [/Doc]

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 05:02 PM
For what it's worth... I've always wanted an English bully myself.
Thought about seriously getting one but don't want to have to go through breaking one in while I have all these little kids.

what do you mean breaking it in, shitting outside?

kstater
06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Hell yeah. Sounds fair. But wait... The law doesn't require me to do so.
Nope. It's official I don't like it [/Doc]

That's a novel idea, I should call my legislature to get a law to require leashes for teenagers. I think all teenagers have the potential to attack me.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
what do you mean breaking it in, shitting outside?

Nope. Pissing & shitting inside/ potty training it. It'd be a house dog.

kstater
06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
For what its worth, I just got back from running my dog. I'm fortunate enough to be a member at a country club here and even more fortunate to own a home next to the course. Take the dog out on the course and run him. He rarely gets more than a few feet from the cart. He does occasionally stray and finds a golfer to play with. Strangely, the golfers don't cower down and pee themselves, rather they reach down and, wait for it, pet it.:eek: They don't even ask where it's leash is strangely. I whistle, and gasp! the dog comes to me to finish the run.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
That's a novel idea, I should call my legislature to get a law to require leashes for teenagers. I think all teenagers have the potential to attack me.

I think you should go for it.
Either that or lift some weights to get rid of that girlish figure so you won't get attacked anymore.

badumpdump... Thank you! I'll be here all week.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2008, 05:15 PM

All dogs are different. My english bully was one and done. I got her at 9 weeks. You gotta have someone at home all the time though.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 05:15 PM
For what its worth, I just got back from running my dog. I'm fortunate enough to be a member at a country club here and even more fortunate to own a home next to the course. Take the dog out on the course and run him. He rarely gets more than a few feet from the cart. He does occasionally stray and finds a golfer to play with. Strangely, the golfers don't cower down and pee themselves, rather they reach down and, wait for it, pet it.:eek: They don't even ask where it's leash is strangely. I whistle, and gasp! the dog comes to me to finish the run.

I think you're missing the point.
I don't give a shit. Stop talking to me about how your, wait for it, dog is the most obedient server known to man.

Maybe you'd think differently if someone was frightened by your dog.

bogey
06-11-2008, 05:26 PM
I think you're missing the point.
I don't give a shit. Stop talking to me about how your, wait for it, dog is the most obedient server known to man.

Maybe you'd think differently if someone was frightened by your dog.

Unfortunately, none of them get it.

Skip Towne
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Now I'm all confused. Do I have to keep my alligator on a leash? He's really gentle.

Rudy lost the toss
06-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Wow. Nice thread. So how does everybody feel about outdoor cats? My mother has let her cats roam the neighborhood for the last 12 years or so. This past year, she got a complaint from a neighbor for the first time. Do cats really piss people off? They aren't dangerous, but Im guessing they might be burying their turds in the dirt or pissing off the neighboring dogs. Do my mother's cats deserve to be antifreezed?

Cntrygal
06-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I don't put my dog on a leash when out in my yard, she stays right with me. When I mow the yard - she will go under a tree (lay in the shade) to "supervise" me until I get too far away (15-20 feet), then she gets up and moves closer. (the back is fenced/front isn't). She's been "helping" me with yardwork for about 11 years now - and she knows that she doesn't want to screw that up. ONCE (about 5 years ago at the old house), she went over to say hello to a neighbor (he called her by name before she went over).... and after a couple minutes - I whistled and pointed at the tree she had been laying under and she turned her back on me and sat in front of him and offered to "shake". I turned the mower off and called her and she ignored me. So then, (he's laughing this whole time petting her - damn it)... so I take ahold of her harness and tell her "garage". She immediately trots off to the garage (ahead of me) and I put her into the house and she wasn't allowed to "help" me for the rest of the afternoon (plus no "after work treat"). She's never done that since - she's looked at the neighbor... but she stays where she's supposed too. She's also not a barker, even when other dogs are going crazy - she'll just watch them (I get the impression that she's thinking that they are fools lol). Our new neighbors (we're the new ones on the block), can't believe how quiet and well behaved she is. There's only 3 times when she shocked me:

1. We were walking (yes she was on a leash) in Rochester MN around midnight (I had just got in from the bar and didn't want her waking me up at 0500 (we were staying at a hotel), and a guy (in a suit with a briefcase) crossed the street and started walking in the same direction as us (from behind) and she went NUTS. She almost pulled me off of my feet - growling and lunging. I was attempting to drag her in the other direction... he stopped & stared for a minute then went the other way. For the next few minutes - she would whirl around with a growl in the direction that he went. Then two rough looking construction workers came around the corner (obviously having been at a bar) and I thought "Oh God". Yep, I had bruises on my leg from where her tail was going in a circle to meet them. There was something about the guy in the suit she didn't like.

2. A German Sheppard jumped out of a van window (front seat) and was running towards my back and "Precious" (mom named her - not me!) came racing out of the mouth of the garage (where she was waiting) and knocked the the GS tail over nose (I was going to use "ass over elbows"). The animal control lady who owned the dog came over to apologize (brought her husband) and to ask if she was okay.

3. A neighbor was dropping off his little dog because his wife went into labor and it was the middle of winter - so we were going to dog sit. Even though Precious often played fetch with this guy and the duck decoys.... she growled and went racing towards the door when he opened the front door at 3am without ringing the doorbell and waiting for it to be answered. (he was going to drop his dog there in the entry way - we had told him to do that... we forgot to clear it with Precious though. oops)

When she was a pup - she got between mom and rattlesnakes & bobcats (goes to show she may be a little nuts - because she's scared of thunder & lightning). When toddlers come over and poke her in the eye and pull her ears... she just lays/stands there. When she's had enough, she'll go lay under the truck or lay on her pillow.

Now, would I walk around town without her being on a leash? No. Would I go camping and have her on a leash? While camp was being set up, yes. After that - probably not. She stays in the camp once she knows where the boundary is. Do I keep a close eye on her? You bet. *if other campers have dogs with them, I'll put her on a long lead, so she can still move around - because invariably someone would see her off leash and think that their ill mannered mutt doesn't need to be controlled. I also do NOT allow kids to pet her, until they have gained their parents permission - and that means either the parents come to Precious or we're out walking by them.

Cntrygal
06-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I had an indoor/outdoor cat when growing up and I don't think anyone cared... we lived way out in the sticks and my closest neighbors were menonites.

Before I got this place with the garage - I hated people that would let their cats roam and climb on peoples cars and leave those little footprints on the hood & windshield. ****ers.

Cntrygal
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Here's Precious with the cat .... and then after a long weekend of camping... (we were waiting out some hail - so we could finish breaking camp)

Skip Towne
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I had an indoor/outdoor cat when growing up and I don't think anyone cared... we lived way out in the sticks and my closest neighbors were menonites.

Before I got this place with the garage - I hated people that would let their cats roam and climb on peoples cars and leave those little footprints on the hood & windshield. ****ers.

:LOL: Yeah, those little footprints are the shits.

Skip Towne
06-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I wish you had Precious with you the night you decked that Major.

rad
06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Is it a law that you have to have the dog on a leash on your property?

If so, that is wack, borderline Nazism. No wonder the Japs are kicking our ass, at everything.

I lol at wutamess talking about an anally cultivated lawn sells for 15% more than a regularly cultivated lawn......you got a link? lol....

Cntrygal
06-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I wish you had Precious with you the night you decked that Major.

LOL! I don't think I would've gotten the chance to deck him! :)

Bwana
06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Hmmm? Run over to your local tree hugger store and get a can of bear spray. Blast the yappers with that and that should do the trick.

wutamess
06-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I lol at wutamess talking about an anally cultivated lawn sells for 15% more than a regularly cultivated lawn......you got a link? lol....

Pick one dumbass...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Landscape-Add-value-to-Your-Property
http://www.bobvila.com/HowTo_Library/Landscaping_for_Increased_Property_Value-Home_Selling-A1814.html
http://www.curbappealva.com/landscapedeptmaintenancedeptservices/index.html
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forestry/urban/features/propertyvalue/tabid/5459/Default.aspx
http://www.dowagro.com/newsroom/feature/2008/03_14_08/index.htm
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2008_May_15/ai_n25429226

PWNED!

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Pick one dumbass...

http://www.bobvila.com/HowTo_Library/Landscaping_for_Increased_Property_Value-Home_Selling-A1814.html
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forestry/urban/features/propertyvalue/tabid/5459/Default.aspx

PWNED!

Well of course landscaping adds value, but not lawn care. I have filled out countless URARs (Uniform Residential Appraisal Report) and I can assure you that having a nicely cut lawn in no way affects the value of the property.

Pablo
06-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Well of course landscaping adds value, but not lawn care. I have filled out countless URARs (Uniform Residential Appraisal Report) and I can assure you that having a nicely cut lawn in no way affects the value of the property.Precisely. My dad owns a residential real estate appraisal company and nowhere on the URAR when considering value of the property is there a box that states lawn: immaculate, average, poor. It just isn't a factor in the value of a house. I've filled out countless reports and the only consideration given for your yard is the size, slope, improvements such as buildings, pools, etc.

I found it particularly funny when people would prattle on and on about their yard improvements as if that would affect the appraisal at all. Did I tell you we mulched this entire backyard and put in a new hedges and treat the lawn regularly? Yes, about 4 times, and no it won't be included in the report as it isn't pertinent to value at all.

And unless some sort of drastic landscaping measures are taken, they typically aren't considered in valuing a property either.

rad
06-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Pick one dumbass...

PWNED!

Wow. You really are retarded. And here I thought it was a really good act by a really good actor. I guess I am "pwned" in that regard, lol....

Al Bundy
06-12-2008, 07:37 AM

You're such a heel.

OK. I'm done for now.

+ rep.

Stryker
06-12-2008, 08:18 AM
This past weekend, my neighbor had a new driveway put in and so as I walk by, I say kindly, "So, how do you like your new driveway?" Instead of replying about the driveway she goes off on a rant about how I'm supposed to have my dog on a leash.

Option A) "So you like it then." and keep walking
Option B) "Yeah and this is what I think of your new driveway!" whip out your johnson and proceed to spell out your full name on it. zip up and walk away.

I hate asshole neighbors.

boogblaster
06-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Kick the dumb-biotch in the kunt ....

RNR
06-12-2008, 09:17 AM

:spock: You would be better off with a cat

blueballs
08-31-2008, 04:29 PM
is the dog still kicking
or did it get antifreezed

MahiMike
09-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I think you should move to where dogs aren't allowed...

CosmicPal
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I think you should move to where dogs aren't allowed...

Now, why the f*ck would I want to do that?

MOhillbilly
09-02-2008, 12:04 PM
my neighbor bought my grandparents place. proceeded to tell me she was the most kick ass person ever lived,had the best of everything,was never wrong and could whip any man.
little did i know she was just from california where everyone kicks ass. **** yeah!
she then starts a conversation telling me about sink holes on her property. and which i told her yup its south missouri.duh.
she then sends my aunt and uncle a letter saying 'Mack' to her there were sinkholes on the property and it was undisclosed in the contract and that shes going to sue them.

BOOM.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2008, 12:07 PM
cosmic shes probably just mad she cant catch you and eat you.

bogey
09-02-2008, 12:08 PM
my neighbor bought my grandparents place. proceeded to tell me she was the most kick ass person ever lived,had the best of everything,was never wrong and could whip any man.
little did i know she was just from california where everyone kicks ass. **** yeah!
she then starts a conversation telling me about sink holes on her property. and which i told her yup its south missouri.duh.
she then sends my aunt and uncle a letter saying 'Mack' to her there were sinkholes on the property and it was undisclosed in the contract and that shes going to sue them.

BOOM.

****ing californians!

MOhillbilly
09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
****ing californians!

i tell ya what.

CoMoChief
09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
so today I was on my lunch break running a little late heading back to work when I come outside to find a police officer parked his vehicle blocking my driveway.

He was talking to someone across the street. I politely asked if he could move his car (first place, I dont know why the **** he parked there to begin with because there were places across the street where he could have parked) so I could back out and go to work. He rudely said I would have to wait while he writes a ticket for this other guy (for what, I dunno) and I told him that I was already running late to work and asked how long it would take.

Apparently he had a bad day because he then snapped "As long as it takes me"

I told him I didn't have time as I was already running late so then I just got in my jeep and backed up through the yard and over the curb and squeezed by his car and backed onto the street. Then I started to drive off.

Mother****in cop jumps into his squad car like ****in Batman and follows me down the street and pulls me over at the corner and tells me "I thought I told you to wait"

Me (really pissed off at this point) asked why I had to wait for him when my situation has completely nothing to do with his when asking to him to move his car for a few seconds so I could back out. I asked why not just park on the side of the streets whos house you were at. He then got pissed off and issued a ticket for me for "Wreckless driving"

Not even ****ing kidding. I asked him if that was even legal to write a ticket for driving through my own yard and he said that was wreckless driving. He kinda gave me the "he's the law" speech.

Anyways theres no ****in way this stands in court. He probably won't even be there to be honest.

****in asshole Columbia cops.

bogey
09-02-2008, 12:40 PM
If you were in LA he would have shot you.

Lzen
09-02-2008, 12:49 PM
CoMo, that cop should have been given a ticket for blocking a driveway. Sounds like a guy with a power trip.

Skip Towne
09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!

Deberg_1990
09-02-2008, 12:55 PM
so today I was on my lunch break running a little late heading back to work when I come outside to find a police officer parked his vehicle blocking my driveway.

He was talking to someone across the street. I politely asked if he could move his car (first place, I dont know why the **** he parked there to begin with because there were places across the street where he could have parked) so I could back out and go to work. He rudely said I would have to wait while he writes a ticket for this other guy (for what, I dunno) and I told him that I was already running late to work and asked how long it would take.

I told him I didn't have time as I was already running late so then I just got in my jeep and backed up through the yard and over the curb and squeezed by his car and backed onto the street. Then I started to drive off.

Mother****in cop jumps into his squad car like ****in Batman and follows me down the street and pulls me over at the corner and tells me "I thought I told you to wait"

Me (really pissed off at this point) asked why I had to wait for him when my situation has completely nothing to do with his when asking to him to move his car for a few seconds so I could back out. I asked why not just park on the side of the streets whos house you were at. He then got pissed off and issued a ticket for me for "Wreckless driving"

Not even ****ing kidding. I asked him if that was even legal to write a ticket for driving through my own yard and he said that was wreckless driving. He kinda gave me the "he's the law" speech.

Anyways theres no ****in way this stands in court. He probably won't even be there to be honest.

Wow, you should call the police station and ask to speak to his supervisor. Im sure he would like to hear about his unprofessional behavior.

Mr. Plow
09-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I'll share two of my dumbass neighbor stories.

#1 - I was putting in a small dog kennel in my back yard. We are leveling out the area with the tractor when my brother accidentally backs into a random wooden fence post on the property line. I said no big deal, the previous owners of our house said they had a privacy fence, so it must be ours. Wrong.....I guess. After about 20 minutes, my dumbass neighbor comes out, and says "You ARE going to put MY post back, right?!?" I said that I didn't know it was his and I'd put it back - I even tried to explain why I thought it was my random post that does nothing, but he wouldn't hear it. Just said "Well you're wrong. It's my post and I want you to put it back the way it was. It marks MY property line." Whatever - some dumbass post that does nothing wasn't enough to start a fight over. Found an old post, put it in the ground.

#2 - Last weekend, had my fantasy football draft. A couple friends brought their kids (all 9 or younger) and let them play outside. They got into throwing rocks at each other and broke the same dumbass neighbors window. We immediately found out about it, the responsible kids (we had it narrowed down to 3 - 9, 6, 4 years old) went over after about 20 minutes of breaking the window to apologize and to offer to pay. Nobody was home - so it was left in our lap. We went over the next day and explained what happened to the wife and she acted upset that it was broken, but said that offering to pay for it was sufficient. A couple days later, my wife ran into the husband. He proceeded to tell her that he would appreciate if we kept our children and their friends off of his property. She explained to him that they were paying for the window and that they were just kids. He said "No, they are vandals and they should feel lucky that I don't call the police."

Vandals? Vandals? Holy crap. I know they were throwing rocks, but they are kids. Should they have been doing it? No. But they offered to pay for it and we apologized that it happened.

This guy works the overnight shift. I've made the decision that each day that I am home during the day, while he is trying to sleep, I am going to make sure that he can't. Loud radio. Jackhammer. Baseball through the window. Porn on the tv up full blast. Whatever I can do to make this guys life a living hell, I'm up for it.

Fuggin' stupid ass neighbors.

bogey
09-02-2008, 01:00 PM
This happened to me once in Springfield. The cop was blocking my drive and I was trying to pull in. I politely asked him to move and he refused. I questioned him and he said he was in the middle of ticketing someone and If I continued to question him, he would ticket me for obstructing justice. So I sat and waited. After he got done with the ticket he came over and gave me shit for bugging him. I sat and listened and fumed. He was definitely an asshole.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
This happened to me once in Springfield. The cop was blocking my drive and I was trying to pull in. I politely asked him to move and he refused. I questioned him and he said he was in the middle of ticketing someone and If I continued to question him, he would ticket me for obstructing justice. So I sat and waited. After he got done with the ticket he came over and gave me shit for bugging him. I sat and listened and fumed. He was definitely an asshole.

Spfld. cops are dicks alot of times.but shit id be to if you had to put up with college kids and scumshits and people who think theyve got what it takes.... ive never ever had a problem with the county boys.

chasedude
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM

What a dickhead! Too bad this cop couldn't stand up for himself in highschool otherwise he wouldn't have turned into a holier that thou prick!

FAX
09-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

I would report this guy in a heartbeat, Mr. CoMoChief. The sooner the better. If this transpired as you say, and I do not doubt you, this guy is bad, bad news.

It's like this ... serial killers often begin their terrors in childhood by killing and dismembering animals. Then they graduate to humans. With police officers, it's handing out tickets for no good reason like, for example, to people who have the full right to drive their own car across their own property. The next thing you know, this guy is going to shoot an innocent suspect 40 times, reload, and shoot him again.

Were I you, I would contact someone at the police force (or, if you know an attorney, have him call) and tell them they have a loose cannon who is confused about the whole "protect and serve" thing.

FAX

DJ's left nut
09-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Yes, yes they are.

A friend of mine has a place up by the Arcadia subdivision. We were outside grilling all day and as we were doing so this off-duty cop in a red pickup drove by about 6-7 times. Every time we waived and did the polite citizen thing.

After grilling we decided to head down the street to play whiffle ball. I grab a 12 pack and down the sidewalk we go.

The cop pulls around the corner, stops dead in the middle of the road, hops out of his truck and orders us all over to him. We walk over and he writes tickets for carrying a beer on a public sidewalk. He tells us there had been break-ins in the area and the locals hired him to monitor it. He was an off-duty cop, hired to prevent possible break-ins, and he's writing 4 of us tickets for having a beer on a sidewalk. Bear in mind at this point he'd stopped 2 lawyers, a local chef and a nurse...true hardened criminals; certainly the type of crime he was being hired for. I actually didn't get one, I was just holding a case but no open containers (sound logic, indeed). He's clearly not out trying to prevent public drunkeness, none of us were drunk and I'd have been the one most likely to facilitate said drunkenness. Like I said, truly the reason he was retained to patrol the streets of this neighborhood.

Meanwhile, traffic is backing up in both directions because this guy wouldn't even pull over to write the tickets. Somebody asks him if he'll move "no, find another way out..." He forgot to give my buddy his license back and when he asked for it the guys said "I do this for a living, you'll get it back." He also refused to put his badge number on the ticket, claiming he wasn't on duty. After some lawyerin' he was finally convinced. Best part? Not even in his jurisdiction; he was a CPD officer and this was in the county, not Columbia proper.

Your story is a common one. It's not the tickets, it's the attitude. I had very little problem with the citations themselves. The law is the law, I should've known better and didn't. At the same time, it's harder to be a dick than it would've been to handle the matter amicably. Had he done so, we'd have paid the fines and moved on with nary a complaint. I've always had the utmost respect for law enforcement officers and have treated them commensurately with that respect.

At the same time, CoMo cops are dickheads.

StcChief
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
t the same time, CoMo cops are dickheads. University town .... similar in other College towns. Dealing with drunk college kids, other Libs gets old. I grew up in one and attended another really hasn't changed much in 30+ years, sounds like it's got worse....

Sure-Oz
09-02-2008, 02:15 PM

I would've probably gotten arrested with the words i would say to him....what a load of shit. I'd report him and fight that ticket....i like how they own the ****ing road in front of your driveway, wtf ever....douch bag cop

Lzen
09-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Bear in mind at this point he'd stopped 2 lawyers, a local chef and a nurse...

I didn't realize you were a nurse.

Sure-Oz
09-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes, yes they are.

A friend of mine has a place up by the Arcadia subdivision. We were outside grilling all day and as we were doing so this off-duty cop in a red pickup drove by about 6-7 times. Every time we waived and did the polite citizen thing.

After grilling we decided to head down the street to play whiffle ball. I grab a 12 pack and down the sidewalk we go.

The cop pulls around the corner, stops dead in the middle of the road, hops out of his truck and orders us all over to him. We walk over and he writes tickets for carrying a beer on a public sidewalk. He tells us there had been break-ins in the area and the locals hired him to monitor it. He was an off-duty cop, hired to prevent possible break-ins, and he's writing 4 of us tickets for having a beer on a sidewalk. Bear in mind at this point he'd stopped 2 lawyers, a local chef and a nurse...true hardened criminals; certainly the type of crime he was being hired for. I actually didn't get one, I was just holding a case but no open containers (sound logic, indeed). He's clearly not out trying to prevent public drunkeness, none of us were drunk and I'd have been the one most likely to facilitate said drunkenness. Like I said, truly the reason he was retained to patrol the streets of this neighborhood.

Meanwhile, traffic is backing up in both directions because this guy wouldn't even pull over to write the tickets. Somebody asks him if he'll move "no, find another way out..." He forgot to give my buddy his license back and when he asked for it the guys said "I do this for a living, you'll get it back." He also refused to put his badge number on the ticket, claiming he wasn't on duty. After some lawyerin' he was finally convinced. Best part? Not even in his jurisdiction; he was a CPD officer and this was in the county, not Columbia proper.

Your story is a common one. It's not the tickets, it's the attitude. I had very little problem with the citations themselves. The law is the law, I should've known better and didn't. At the same time, it's harder to be a dick than it would've been to handle the matter amicably. Had he done so, we'd have paid the fines and moved on with nary a complaint. I've always had the utmost respect for law enforcement officers and have treated them commensurately with that respect.

At the same time, CoMo cops are dickheads.

Yeah and any person that goes by lake tapawingo in blue springs there is a nazi cop that sits and picks off people right in front of the entrance...part of the lake tapawingo police but busting people in blue springs, htf does that work?

btw-i was glad you were wrong about maclins injury :)

DJ's left nut
09-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah and any person that goes by lake tapawingo in blue springs there is a nazi cop that sits and picks off people right in front of the entrance...part of the lake tapawingo police but busting people in blue springs, htf does that work?

btw-i was glad you were wrong about maclins injury :)

You and me both.

As Mizzou fans, we're conditioned to believe that the football Gods hate us. From the kicked ball to 5th down (seriously, WTF was that?!?!?), things just have a way of biting us in the ass. Everything is aligned for this to be a title run type season, I just knew we were going to end up snakebitten from the jump.

Now if Pinkel plays Maclin against freakin' SEMO and Maclin gets hurt...CoMo doesn't have enough dickhead cops to keep that man in one piece.