PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Good stuff on Dorsey (6-11 Q&A with Herm)

CupidStunt
06-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Q: How’s Dorsey looked these last few weeks?

EDWARDS: “He’s been good. He’s getting better and starting to understand really what we want him to do. He’s got to get off on the ball and penetrate. He’s got to be a penetrator for us. In college he was a two-gapper at the line of scrimmage and kind of read whether it was run or pass. There isn’t a lot of reading here for our defensive linemen. We like to play on the edge of the opponent’s helmet and go. He’s got some power and our offense is kind of used to him and he’s generally doubled all the time right now and I anticipate that’s going to happen during the season.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/06/11/qa_with_herm_edwards__611/

A little stating the obvious, but I'm glad to hear it definitively from Herm. Tank/Edwards on the nose, and this beast inside making plays in the opponent's backfield.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2008, 04:22 PM
What is it with that word and sports

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Warren Sapp role of going after the QB not just taking up space. Very nice.

Farzin
06-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Damn..they did not ask the last few questions asked. I asked him a couple questions.

Tribal Warfare
06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Damn..they did not ask the last few questions asked. I asked him a couple questions.

which were, and what was his response?

ArrowheadHawk
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
The Penetrator
http://www.prettyfakes.com/archives/images/Penetrator3.JPG

CoMoChief
06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
God damnit I wish we had Jared Allen. This pass rush would be absolutley sick nasty.

chiefs1111
06-11-2008, 05:12 PM
God damnit I wish we had Jared Allen. This pass rush would be absolutley sick nasty.

Very true,but it's best not to think about it......

Farzin
06-11-2008, 05:31 PM
which were, and what was his response?

I'll be airing them on my podcast.

MIAdragon
06-11-2008, 05:32 PM
I'll be airing them on my podcast.

way to bait there buddy.

Farzin
06-11-2008, 05:48 PM
way to bait there buddy.

What can I say :D

I don't want to sound rude..but I learned how annoying Rhonda Moss is..speaking of rude, it was rude of her to yell "I'm such a suck up" (talking to someone about Herm right infront of him) while another person is interviewing Herm. It was obviously edited on KCChiefs.com

blueballs
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
you're tapping that
don't lie to us

ROYC75
06-11-2008, 09:04 PM
you're tapping that
don't lie to us

:doh!:ROFL

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2008, 12:27 AM
What can I say :D

I don't want to sound rude..but I learned how annoying Rhonda Moss is..speaking of rude, it was rude of her to yell "I'm such a suck up" (talking to someone about Herm right infront of him) while another person is interviewing Herm. It was obviously edited on KCChiefs.com

Why has the KC media become so lazy and complacent? Rhonda Moss? Jack Harry? Adam "The Bum" Teicher? Are these the types of reporters that Kansas City fans demand?

I think not.

My biggest issue with the KC Media is this:

"Coach, talk about Dorsey".

W.T.F?

"Talk about"?

How about get off your ****ing ass and ask some REAL questions. "Talk about"?

People that request that anyone "Talk about X" should be fired on the spot and should NEVER hired as a sports journalist AGAIN.

Lazy mother****ers

Count Zarth
06-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Why has the KC media become so lazy and complacent? Rhonda Moss? Jack Harry? Adam "The Bum" Teicher? Are these the types of reporters that Kansas City fans demand?

I think not.

W.T.F?

"Talk about"?

People that request that anyone "Talk about X" should be fired on the spot and should NEVER hired as a sports journalist AGAIN.

Lazy mother****ers

What would you have asked?

crazycoffey
06-12-2008, 01:49 AM
What would you have asked?

Do you like white chicks?

BigRock
06-12-2008, 05:24 AM
It's pathetic, but unfortunataely it's nowhere near limited to just the KC media. "Talk about" has become standard practice all over the country in lieu of actual interviewing.

I'm waiting for the guy who will say "no" when someone tells him to "talk about" a subject. At least make it a question, ask them "CAN YOU talk about" whatever the topic is, rather than telling them to. It's still not conducting an interview, but it's a little closer.

To be fair, some preface a question by saying "talk about ______", and then they actually ask a specific question before the person speaks. That's fine, because it clues the interview subject in on the topic you're getting at. If the interviewer is starting the conversation that way, or they're changing the topic from a previous question, there's nothing wrong with using "talk about" in that way.

But way too many people just say "talk about ______" AS their question.

Ultra Peanut
06-12-2008, 05:52 AM
doubled-penetration

Fire Me Boy!
06-12-2008, 06:49 AM

I think not.

W.T.F?

"Talk about"?

Lazy mother****ers

What would you have asked? Sometimes the most ambiguous questions can get the best answer.

Leave it ambiguous at first, follow up with more specific.

Rausch
06-12-2008, 07:32 AM
doubled-penetration

DP Dorsey...:evil:

eazyb81
06-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Dorsey is going to be beastly this year, I can't wait to watch him dominate linemen.

blueballs
06-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 6/12
Jun 12, 2008, 4:30:44 PM

Highlights

HERM EDWARDS: “I think we’ve gotten better through the course of our practice sessions. We’ve got to cut 12 guys and I told them that with the guys we let go this is the toughest cut I’ve had here going into training camp. We’ve got a lot of talented guys on this football team and I said they would probably have a chance to go somewhere else. But the next step will be when we go to training camp; that’s when the physical element will start.”

Q: This is the last OTA, so what did you learn?

EDWARDS: “We’ve got some talent. I think we’ve got camaraderie which I like. I think you have to have that. There is no ego; everyone is kinda on the same level right now. I think everyone understands it’s just about us; it’s about nobody else right now.

“The other thing I tried to hit home for them right now is the off-season is getting ready to happen. I said generally in our league – and I hate to say this – players find a way to make some bad decisions. In the last couple years we’ve had some players who have actually lost their lives. I don’t want to make that kind of talk. Know where you’re supposed to be and handle yourself like a professional who represents the National Football League and this organization in a way that doesn’t embarrass you or anybody else.

“I think they understand where I was coming from and from there, don’t get out of shape. We’re in pretty good shape right now.”

Q: When you go to camp are you going to know who your offensive line is?

EDWARDS: “We’ll talk about that tomorrow. We’ll have the lineups tomorrow as we sit down for our last meeting as a staff. We’ll weave through that and have starters penciled in right now for our first group.”

Q: Who’s your first group?

EDWARDS: “Right now, it’s Brian [Waters], our tackles are our tackles: Branden [Albert] and [Damion] McIntosh who will go with the first group right now, and Rudy [Niswanger] and Adrian [Jones] with the first group. That’s how we’re lining up and from there they’ve got to go and compete.”

Q: So it’s not completely different from the way you lined up at mini-camp?

EDWARDS: “No, that’s exactly right and I think that’s how you’ve got to go right now because the pads are coming on. Then it’ll be a little bit different.”

Q: Do you see a different Brodie Croyle?

EDWARDS: “Well, I think you guys can answer that.”

Q: That this is his job, I mean?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, it’s his team. Now, he knows to really win ‘em over he’s got to win. We’ve all got to win. We went through a very difficult season last year and the guys that are back don’t want to go through that again.”

Q: Has Tyler Thigpen shown you enough that there is a valid battle for backup QB?

EDWARDS: “Oh yeah. When we got him from Minnesota it’s because we liked him during the draft. We considered picking him somewhere in the fifth or sixth round. We liked him and he’s got some talent.”

Q: But is there a battle for the second QB spot?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, absolutely. Absolutely.”

Q: How did you feel about the practice in St. Joseph’s?

EDWARDS: “Considering the kind of day overcast and raining they hung in there. We’ve always had good support here. I think our players appreciated that. We have so many young players on our football team I think they’re finally understanding what it means to play for the Kansas City Chiefs. It’s a pro football team but this is really a college football atmosphere and the fans are passionate. The fans have some ownership and that’s why they’re so passionate and that’s a good thing.”

Q: What about your corner position?

EDWARDS: “Well, we’ve got some young ones. We’ve got some guys with some talent, now we’ve got to figure out who are the best guys because the secondary like the offensive line have to play together.”

Q: Do you feel you’re set up front on the defensive line?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, we’ve got enough guys up front I do believe. No doubt we’re going to miss Jared. You don’t replace Jared Allen with another guy. Jared Allen is a special player but that being said we’ve got enough players where we can create some problems.”

Q: You have anybody who will miss camp right away?

EDWARDS: “Nah, there might be a couple of guys who will be on one-a-days. Will Svitek might be one of those guys. [Jarrad}Page will be fine and I don’t think anybody else.”

Q: Talk about how different this is for you.

EDWARDS: “It’s exciting for me. I really am. I’m excited about the direction we’ve taken. I think it’s the right direction for this organization. I really do. You want to do the right thing. I think we’re all on board to do this. The players are too. The players understand that if you’re a young player you’ve got to play. It’s not one of those deals where you’re going to watch. You’ve got to play and you’ve got to play at a winning level.”

Tribal Warfare
06-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I believe the D-line is in better shape now compared to last season.

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2008, 05:49 PM
What would you have asked? Sometimes the most ambiguous questions can get the best answer.

Leave it ambiguous at first, follow up with more specific.

Okay, instead of saying "Talk about" player X, how about this?

"Coach Edwards, what can you tell us about player X that isn't evident from watching him on the practice field? What can you tell us about his football acumen and how's he's progressing".

That's just ONE example.

This "Talk about" questioning is lazy and ridiculous. The people are journalists. THEY'RE supposed to be asking the hard questions.

Is this what they're teaching in journalism school these days?

J.F.C.

beach tribe
06-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I believe the D-line is in better shape now compared to last season.

We lost a great player, but we are without a doubt, going to be better. Especially in the running game, and I'm hoping that takes the massive run support mentality out of our Pollards head, and he can wait for the plays to develop before he bites.

He has disappointed, but I still have a little hope for him.

Hydrae
06-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Q: You have anybody who will miss camp right away?

EDWARDS: “Nah, there might be a couple of guys who will be on one-a-days. [b]Will Svitek might be one of those guys.[\b] [Jarrad}Page will be fine and I don’t think anybody else.”

I had high hopes for this kid but I am thinking we should just cut our losses on this one.

Easy 6
06-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I really need to know more about this Adrian Jones guy...why was he penciled in at RG sight unseen?

Not that we had any sure-fire studs for that position, but no competition?...just give it to him?

Herm needs to be grilled on this guy.

milkman
06-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I really need to know more about this Adrian Jones guy...why was he penciled in at RG sight unseen?

Not that we had any sure-fire studs for that position, but no competition?...just give it to him?

Herm needs to be grilled on this guy.

Jones was drafted by the Jets when Herman ****ing Edwards was the HC there, so he believes he has some potential.

He sucked playing LT, getting a lot of false starts, getting beat around the edge, and really getting handled physically as well, so I don't understand the thought process.

Unless Jones has gotten stronger, when the pads go on in TC, he and McGinatosh are going to get their dicks knocked in the dirt by the Chiefs D-Linemen.

Easy 6
06-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Jones was drafted by the Jets when Herman ****ing Edwards was the HC there, so he believes he has some potential.

He sucked playing LT, getting a lot of false starts, getting beat around the edge, and really getting handled physically as well, so I don't understand the thought process.

Unless Jones has gotten stronger, when the pads go on in TC, he and McGinatosh are going to get their dicks knocked in the dirt by the Chiefs D-Linemen.

I knew Herm drafted & played him, though like you say...he didnt exactly shine in NY.

But now he's been locked in at RG, that doesnt make any sense to me.

I'll defend Herm when i can, but this one is baffling.

milkman
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
I knew Herm drafted & played him, though like you say...he didnt exactly shine in NY.

But now he's been locked in at RG, that doesnt make any sense to me.

I'll defend Herm when i can, but this one is baffling.

I'll tell ya, the Jets released him before the end of the season last year, then went and signed Alan Faneca to that fat contract this offseason.

That tells me that they didn't see anything in this guy.