PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Pujols out 3 weeks

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Well here is the Cubbies chance to blow open the division lead. First Wainright now Albert.

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 05:32 PM
PBJ

POND_OF_RED
06-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I heard it's more like 5-8 weeks. 3 weeks minimum. At least you guys have Duncan to fill in though.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-11-2008, 05:42 PM
haha what a pussy

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I heard it's more like 5-8 weeks. 3 weeks minimum. At least you guys have Duncan to fill in though.

Ya it'll probably be at least a month since they will bring him back slowly. At the start of the year I thought they'd finish under .500 this season...well if the players keep dropping like flies, after that good start it'll come true.

Pasta Giant Meatball
haha what a pussy

Well he's no Mark Teahan :D

Sure-Oz
That will hurt the fantasy team....now ill have to start Ryan Garko with Prince Fielder as the CI

eazyb81
06-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Better get used to it, all that juice is going to catch up to him fast.

:)

POND_OF_RED
06-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Better get used to it, all that juice is going to catch up to him fast.

:)

I don't think it's the juice. I think it's his age that will catch up to him and blindside the Cards fans that truly believe he's still in his 20s. The guy is at least 35 by now.

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 05:58 PM

Duncan will be the death of me. Perhaps the death of a few innocent bystanders as well.

CoMoChief
06-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Well shit.........time to look at who's on the FA list for 1B

ChiefsCountry
06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Well the Cubbies could gain a huge lead but its interleague play or commonly known as the time the AL kicks the crap out of the NL time.

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Well the Cubbies could gain a huge lead but its interleague play or commonly known as the time the pseudo-baseball AL kicks the crap out of the traditional baseball NL time.
FYP

Demonpenz
06-11-2008, 06:47 PM
karma is a bitch

little jacob
06-11-2008, 06:51 PM
that sucks. he's a fantastic hitter. seemed back in form so far this year.

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I was hoping the Royals might try to strike a deal for Duncan. Pujols' injury might make this much more difficult.

Marco Polo
06-11-2008, 07:00 PM
karma is a bitch

Please explain.

Pujols started a foundation dedicated to the development and care of people with Down Syndrome and their families. This foundation also reaches out to impoverished families and children in the Dominican Republic.

Pray tell me what you've done with your blessings in life.

Frazod
06-11-2008, 07:21 PM
karma is a bitch

So is being a complete dumbass.

This sucks, but oh well. Suck it up and move on. They've been winning with a third of a f#cking pitching staff, maybe they'll get over this.

stlchiefs
06-11-2008, 07:25 PM
karma is a bitch

So is ignorance. Your post in this thread makes me question if you even know what the hell karma is. :spock:

Frazod
06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
BTW, Cards up 6-0 on the Reds right now.

Albert who?:D

SPATCH
06-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Please explain.

Pujols started a foundation dedicated to the development and care of people with Down Syndrome and their families. This foundation also reaches out to impoverished families and children in the Dominican Republic.

Pray tell me what you've done with your blessings in life.

hates freedom

OnTheWarpath58
06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
So is being a complete dumbass.

This sucks, but oh well. Suck it up and move on. They've been winning with a third of a f#cking pitching staff, maybe they'll get over this.

No kidding about the pitching staff.

They have a better collection of arms on the DL right now than most teams have active as of today.

Carpenter
Wainwright
Mulder
Clement
Thompson
Pineiro
Isringhausen
Johnson

Demonpenz
06-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Pujols broke some dudes ankle awhile back. it was even the same leg what goes around....

stlchiefs
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Pujols broke some dudes ankle awhile back. it was even the same leg what goes around....

He accidentally broke a catchers ankle on a legit slide into home as a result of the catcher covering the plate. In your mind this incident makes Pujols deserving of a strained calf sidelining him for weeks? :clap:

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 08:26 PM
I was hoping the Royals might try to strike a deal for Duncan. Pujols' injury might make this much more difficult.
Trust me, you don't want that.

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Trust me, you don't want that.

Really? He seems to have legit. ML power, something in short supply in KC, and his average has been decent, even this year. What's the problem?

Frazod
06-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Really? He seems to have legit. ML power, something in short supply in KC, and his average has been decent, even this year. What's the problem?

He's a crappy fielder, and his offensive numbers are way down this year. Any time a ball is hit toward him I cringe.

Frazod
06-11-2008, 09:30 PM

Well, who do you have to fill in for Soriano? Hand BROKEN BY PITCH TONIGHT, OUT SIX WEEKS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3438569

OUCH

dj56dt58
06-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Well, who do you have to fill in for Soriano? Hand BROKEN BY PITCH TONIGHT, OUT SIX WEEKS.

OUCH

I dont see how these dumbass pitchers that get paid millions can't keep from ****ing hitting people..****ing dumbass

blueballs
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
poo holes
only the Royals

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Cards roll, Cubs roll...Injury concerns on both fronts with Soriano toast for a while. Should be a good race.

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 10:20 PM
He's a crappy fielder, and his offensive numbers are way down this year. Any time a ball is hit toward him I cringe.

I know he's an adventure in the outfield. But he's a natural 1B, and this is a huge need for KC. Were you criticizing his infield play, too?

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 10:26 PM

Frazod said it right, his fielding is atrocious. Not only does he look uncoordinated and uncomfortable in the field, but his instincts are bad too. He virtually never gets a good jump on a ball. Alot of his problems may come from the position he has been asked to play for us. He seems like a natural first baseman, but with Pujols in our lineup he never gets much playing time there. Guess we will see shortly.

BWillie
06-11-2008, 10:28 PM
You shouldn't be able to be a Chiefs fan, and then be a Cardinals fan. You must pick your loyalty and stick to it. Kansas City Chiefs and Royals or Rams and Cardinals. Pick your poison. No crossing enemy territory like CoMoChief and his KU and MU shit

DeezNutz
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Frazod said it right, his fielding is atrocious. Not only does he look uncoordinated and uncomfortable in the field, but his instincts are bad too. He virtually never gets a good jump on a ball. Alot of his problems may come from the position he has been asked to play for us. He seems like a natural first baseman, but with Pujols in our lineup he never gets much playing time there. Guess we will see shortly.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. We don't have that problem in KC. First base is wide open, unfortunately.

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 10:36 PM
You shouldn't be able to be a Chiefs fan, and then be a Cardinals fan. You must pick your loyalty and stick to it. Kansas City Chiefs and Royals or Rams and Cardinals. Pick your poison. No crossing enemy territory like CoMoChief and his KU and MU shit

Why is that? I lived my first 21 years in KC and developed my love the Chiefs. I liked the Royals, but the mess that ensued after the death of Ewing killed any interest I had in them. I moved to St. Louis in '98 and you can't help but fall in love with the Cardinals. They just do it right here. Baseball, that is. You can't find a real NFL fan here if you tried. Besides, American League baseball is a joke anyway. C'mon, designated hitters?

Edit- BTW my loyalties go to teams, not towns.

POND_OF_RED
06-11-2008, 10:36 PM

OUCH

This could turn out to be a good thing. The Cubs are deep with outfielders and Sorianos leg still isn't 100% so it gives him time to rest and come back fully ready for the pennant race. If we had the Cardinals lineup I would probably shit my pants but productive bats are pretty easy to find this year for the Cubs.

BWillie
06-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Why is that? I lived my first 21 years in KC and developed my love the Chiefs. I liked the Royals, but the mess that ensued after the death of Ewing killed any interest I had in them. I moved to St. Louis in '98 and you can't help but fall in love with the Cardinals. They just do it right here. Baseball, that is. You can't find a real NFL fan here if you tried. Besides, American League baseball is a joke anyway. C'mon, designated hitters?

Edit- BTW my loyalties go to teams, not towns.

You are not loyal. I'm talking about loyalty, like your dog. Through thick and thin. If I moved to Chicago. I would hate the Cubs. I would wipe my ass with cubby bear toilet paper. I went to the University of Iowa in Iowa City,...which is pretty much Little Chicago. It's like 2 and a half hours or so from Chi Town suburbs and the school is more than half of them. All my friends were Cub Fans. I now hate the Cubs with a burning passion. Would refuse to sell out to such things. If KC had a NBA team, I would root for them. If I moved to St Louis, or any other place I'd be more inclined to hate that team more than like them.

Demonpenz
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
I agree about the cross loyalty. Unfortunately with pro sports it is a business you mine as well pick a team that provides fun. For me though I will die with the royals, chiefs, and missouri western state griffs. loss or win this is the pact I make FREEEDOM

Hoover
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Cub will probably play both Reed Johnson and Edmonds quite a bit with AS out six weeks. Also look for Micca Haufpauer (SP?) to get some additional playing time. The kid can hit, the only problem is he is a 1st basemen and that Cubs are set there. He's been playing left field so maybe they can move Fukudome around a bit.

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 10:49 PM
You are not loyal. I'm talking about loyalty, like your dog. Through thick and thin. If I moved to Chicago. I would hate the Cubs. I would wipe my ass with cubby bear toilet paper. I went to the University of Iowa in Iowa City,...which is pretty much Little Chicago. It's like 2 and a half hours or so from Chi Town suburbs and the school is more than half of them. All my friends were Cub Fans. I now hate the Cubs with a burning passion. Would refuse to sell out to such things. If KC had a NBA team, I would root for them. If I moved to St Louis, or any other place I'd be more inclined to hate that team more than like them.

Who am I not loyal too? Are you kidding me? I drive across the state 10 times a year, bought a shithole house in Independence across from the stadiums just to have a place to stay when we're there, and I'm not loyal? Why would I owe the Royals my loyalty? Just because I'm from there? Like I had a choice? Loyalty isn't sticking by something because you have no choice. Loyalty is CHOOSING to stand behind something, regardless of the alternatives.

I suppose you are a diehard Sacremento Kings fan right? I mean they were the Kansas City Kings and all.

BWillie
06-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Who am I not loyal too? Are you kidding me? I drive across the state 10 times a year, bought a shithole house in Independence across from the stadiums just to have a place to stay when we're there, and I'm not loyal? Why would I owe the Royals my loyalty? Just because I'm from there? Like I had a choice? Loyalty isn't sticking by something because you have no choice. Loyalty is CHOOSING to stand behind something, regardless of the alternatives.

I suppose you are a diehard Sacremento Kings fan right? I mean they were the Kansas City Kings and all.

I was not alive when the Kings were in Kansas City. Besides, if a pro team moves, then it is not part of your city any more and you move on. That's right, you did not have a choice. It is like family. Your dog. Your dog cannot pick it's owner, but will be obedient to you and attack any body that enters your lawn.

Rule of thumb, anywhere you move to once you graduate from college you are not allowed to root for unless you have lived there before in your childhood for an extended period of time and/or born there. The exclusion to this rule is if you move to a new area and such as Phoenix from Kansas City. It would be OK to become a Suns fan due to the fact no NBA team is established in Kansas City.

I do not make the rules

Third Eye
06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I was not alive when the Kings were in Kansas City. Besides, if a pro team moves, then it is not part of your city any more and you move on. That's right, you did not have a choice. It is like family. Your dog. Your dog cannot pick it's owner, but will be obedient to you and attack any body that enters your lawn.

Rule of thumb, anywhere you move to once you graduate from college you are not allowed to root for unless you have lived there before in your childhood for an extended period of time and/or born there. The exclusion to this rule is if you move to a new area and such as Phoenix from Kansas City. It would be OK to become a Suns fan due to the fact no NBA team is established in Kansas City.

I do not make the rules

Well I guess I should mention that I moved to St. Louis to attend Wash U, so by your reasoning I should still be ok.

Stinger
06-11-2008, 11:12 PM

I am confussed I am from neither from KC or St. Louis but live in Missouri. Grew up with liking the AFL style of play and KC Chiefs where the more dominate fan base in the area (SW Missouri) growing up so I followed them. I also preferred the NL style of baseball growing up and the Cardinal being another Missouri team I have followed and been a fan of theirs for a long time.

Frazod
06-12-2008, 01:53 AM

You shoudn't be able to live in f#cking Kansas and root for ANY Missouri team. Enemy territory is THE STATE LINE. Always has been; always will be.

Frazod
06-12-2008, 01:57 AM
This could turn out to be a good thing. The Cubs are deep with outfielders and Sorianos leg still isn't 100% so it gives him time to rest and come back fully ready for the pennant race. If we had the Cardinals lineup I would probably shit my pants but productive bats are pretty easy to find this year for the Cubs.

LMAO Nice spin. I'm sure taking a month and a half off in the middle of the season will do wonders for Sosa-ano's fielding and hitting.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2008, 11:39 AM

Well St. Louis didn't always have a football team genius.

Coltman
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
My first post on the Planet and just thought I would get it goin!!!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2008, 11:54 AM
My first post on the Planet and just thought I would get it goin!!!!

Sorry, but there are a TON of Cardinal/Chief fans....GET OVER IT!!! :D

BigRedChief
06-12-2008, 12:08 PM

Okay, How many time do we have to explain this? Jezus H. Christ…

<O:p
My son is a 5<SUP>th</SUP> generation Cardinal fan. Think about that for a second……………Since around World War 1 my family have been Cardinal fans. Because I’ve been up here in KC for 16 years now. You really think I should have change allegiances ?
I grew up in <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Springfield</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Mo.</st1:State></ST1:place> The vast majority of sports fans in that area are St. Louis Cardinals baseball and KC Chiefs football fans. It has been that way for generations. Probably started that way because at the beginning of the radio era the Cardinals games were being broadcast on KMOX that went out to like 35 states or something like that. The football Cardinals just never caught on with the fans in SW mo.
I grew up listening to the radio and occasionaly watching Bob Gibson, Lou Brock on the TV. I got to watch Lenny the Cool throw to <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pTaylor</ST1:pl </st1:City>on Sundays. We are fans of the teams we grow up with. That’s just the way it is unless you bandwagon onto a new team.
You just don’t understand the feelings that Cardinal fans have for their team. They are not simply fans they feel a real emotional attachment to the team. Something they shared with their Dad, a remberance of childhood days watching the Cardinals etc. You should read my thread about seeing a the 2006 WS championship won live. What memories do you think my son is going to have when he’s 60 years old about being there with his Dad to see a WS won live? It truly is priceless.
And it really saddens me that the die hard Royal fans will probably never get to experience that feeling. So don’t be hating because we are loyal and the Cardinals are successful.

smittysbar
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM

I do not make the rules

Possibly the dumbest thing I have read on here

Nominee for dumbest post of the year

BTW CARDS/CHIEFS/MU/EDWARDS

StcChief
06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Possibly the dumbest thing I have read on here

Nominee for dumbest post of the year

BTW CARDS/CHIEFS/MU/EDWARDSseveral rocket scientists here...
this could be very close race.

POND_OF_RED
06-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I think being a fan of Chiefs/Cards fan is 10 times better than those Royals/Cards fans or the Kansas/Missouri fans just because they like to see "local teams succeed" They stick to there allegiance instead of just rooting for who is better. Two different sports means you can pick two different teams IMO. You don't have to just root for one city.

Also off topic the Cubs game today is an ultimate throwback. Not only are they playing in there throwback jerseys, but the game is in black and white as well. 60th anniversary for WGN covering there first Cubs game.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I think being a fan of Chiefs/Cards fan is 10 times better than those Royals/Cards fans or the Kansas/Missouri fans just because they like to see "local teams succeed" They stick to there allegiance instead of just rooting for who is better. Two different sports means you can pick two different teams IMO. You don't have to just root for one city.

Also off topic the Cubs game today is an ultimate throwback. Not only are they playing in there throwback jerseys, but the game is in black and white as well. 60th anniversary for WGN covering there first Cubs game.

I cannot watch a game on WGN anymore. Can't stand the mindless homerific announcers they employ after firing Stone for speaking his mind.

Frazod
06-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I cannot watch a game on WGN anymore. Can't stand the mindless homerific announcers they employ after firing Stone for speaking his mind.

Cubs announcers are ALMOST as bad as New York announcers in their shameless homerism. Even though I have the MLB package on DTV, I can't get the Cardinals feed if they're playing the Cubs in St. Louis or Chicago - it's always blocked out. I'd pay an extra $100 to get Cardinals broadcasters.

Of course, the TV announcers aren't anywhere near as bad as Ron f#cking Santo doing radio commentary. Whiny mushmouthed idiot. 4321

little jacob
06-12-2008, 02:36 PM
the worst announcers are the Hawk, the padres radio guys, and the 500 year old alchoholic who is slurring through cards games on the radio in between his tugs of wild turkey

seclark
06-12-2008, 02:43 PM
and the 500 year old alchoholic who is slurring through cards games on the radio in between his tugs of wild turkey

it's budweiser, you dipshit.

BigRedChief
06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
it's budweiser, you dipshit.
You could at least expect them to have their facts straight.:doh!: