PDA

View Full Version : Royals Cool pictures of Kaufmann Stadium

Douche Baggins
06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Just found these on the Rangers' site. Awesome.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/GYI0055096792061023_1024x768.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/GYI0055096848061022_1024x768.jpg

|Zach|
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Awesome.

doomy3
06-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Those are great pics.

Logical
06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Nice Clayton, I still say the K is the most beautiful park in MLB and puts all those stupid ugly ass downtown parks to shame.

Douche Baggins
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Nice Clayton, I still say the K is the most beautiful park in MLB and puts all those stupid ugly ass downtown parks to shame.

You clearly haven't visited the Temple in Arlington.

DaneMcCloud
06-11-2008, 11:57 PM

I prefer Dodgers Stadium.

I have seats 5 rows up from first base but it just seems like anywhere in the stadium, I've got a great view. It really feels like you're in the game.

I've been to the "K" hundreds of times (World Series in 1980 & 1985) and hundreds of games from the 70's to as recent as 2005 and I've never felt as close to the game as I do in Dodgers Stadium.

I'm not saying that it's not a beautiful stadium but it's not my favorite park to watch baseball.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Safeco field is ****ing gorgeous and one of the best in all of baseball.

ChiefsCountry
06-12-2008, 12:18 AM

I have seats 5 rows up from first base but it just seems like anywhere in the stadium, I've got a great view. It really feels like you're in the game.

I've been to the "K" hundreds of times (World Series in 1980 & 1985) and hundreds of games from the 70's to as recent as 2005 and I've never felt as close to the game as I do in Dodgers Stadium.

I'm not saying that it's not a beautiful stadium but it's not my favorite park to watch baseball.

Isnt ironic that those two parks are just getting remodeled instead of building brand new parks?

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Isnt ironic that those two parks are just getting remodeled instead of building brand new parks?

Absolutely no offense intended but I don't understand your comment.

Which "two parks"? Arrowhead & Kaufman?

Where's the irony?

Logical
06-12-2008, 12:47 AM

I find the feel of the two stadiums very similar and as I recall Royal stadium was somewhat modeled after Dodgers stadium. I agree it is a great stadium and possibly better for the feeling part of the game. I just feel the majesty of Royals (K) stadium with the Fountains and club over the 3rd base side is enchanting.

Logical
06-12-2008, 12:48 AM
You clearly haven't visited the Temple in Arlington.
True I have not I just don't like the old style parks popular in downtowns. The worst is Petco Park in San Diego.

Douche Baggins
06-12-2008, 12:55 AM
True I have not I just don't like the old style parks popular in downtowns. The worst is Petco Park in San Diego.

It's gorgeous.

http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/bpkarl70.jpg

http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/american/arlington.jpg

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/al/ameriquestmain.jpg

http://www.caps.ou.edu/reu/reu04/Photos/Ballpark2Large.jpg

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I find the feel of the two stadiums very similar and as I recall Royal stadium was somewhat modeled after Dodgers stadium. I agree it is a great stadium and possibly better for the feeling part of the game. I just feel the majesty of Royals (K) stadium with the Fountains and club over the 3rd base side is enchanting.

My parents were in town this past week and I took my Dad to his first Dodgers game.

Besides the fact he loved the Dodger Dogs, he just kept saying how much he loved the stadium and views! And he's a live-long Kansas Citian that's been to hundreds (if not thousands) of games in KC, including Arrowhead, Kaufman, Municipal and the old A's stadium on Brooklyn Avenue.

Logical
06-12-2008, 01:00 AM
My parents were in town this past week and I took my Dad to his first Dodgers game.

Besides the fact he loved the Dodger Dogs, he just kept saying how much he loved the stadium and views! And he's a live-long Kansas Citian that's been to hundreds (if not thousands) of games in KC, including Arrowhead, Kaufman, Municipal and the old A's stadium on Brooklyn avenue.Hey I have that in common with your dad, watched the A's play at the Muni on Brooklyn (Charlie O and the ball raising rabbit on the pitching mound) as well as watching the Chiefs in the Bleacher seats they set up in right field for games. Man I still remember the game Stram brought back the Wing T against the Raiders what a sweet memory.

Logical
06-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Clayton I am sure it is State of the Art it just lacks the symetry and flow of the graceful flowing lines of the K. I will admit Dane that Dodgers stadium has some better lines for viewing a game.

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey I have that in common with your dad, watched the A's play at the Muni on Brooklyn (Charlie O and the ball raising rabbit on the pitching mound) as well as watching the Chiefs in the Bleacher seats they set up in right field for games. Man I still remember the game Stram brought back the Wing T against the Raiders what a sweet memory.

Cool!

I'd never heard him mention the A's stadium on Brooklyn until Friday night after the Dodgers game. I asked him if this was his first game outside of the "K" and he mentioned that experience.

Up until that point, I had wrong assumed the A's played at Municipal.

Pretty cool what you can learn from your Pop after all these years!