PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CNNSI: The hot seat: Thirty-two players who must produce early in 2008

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Guess who they chose from the Chiefs??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Brodie Croyle.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/06/12/produce.early/index.html?eref=T1

Brodie Croyle, QB, Kansas City Chiefs: Croyle probably has four games, if that, to show some progress or get a win under his belt before the Chiefs will see what Tyler Thigpen can do. Croyle is the prototypical player when identifying guys that need to produce early or else.

StcChief
06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
well duh, SI

Easy 6
06-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I have no problem with that, its his 3rd year & things have been reworked to suit him as much as possible...its time to string some wins together for Brodie.

Rausch
06-12-2008, 12:39 PM
I have no problem with that, its his 3rd year & things have been reworked to suit him as much as possible...its time to string some wins together for Brodie.

Agreed.

However, this isn't a team like the 90's Niners that only needs the QB. The line is young and mostly new. We've got new WR's as well. He isn't going to come out and probowl it up right away.

Give him the biggest part of the year (10 games, at least) to have a good long look. I don't want any doubt at all about what Brodie can or can't do.

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Give him the biggest part of the year (10 games, at least) to have a good long look. I don't want any doubt at all about what Brodie can or can't do.

My guess is, he needs at least 6-7 wins to keep his job going into next year.

Wins are the most important thing for Brodie this year. If hes winning, then his stats may not be "ProBowl" but they should be decent.

Rausch
06-12-2008, 12:48 PM
My guess is, he needs at least 6-7 wins to keep his job going into next year.

Wins are the most important thing for Brodie this year. If hes winning, then his stats may not be "ProBowl" but they should be decent.

Unless we're 100% healthy all year I don't think Favre could net us 8 wins. Strange things happen but it would depend on a lot of luck. As green as we are in the secondary and offensive line 8-8 would friggen shock me. It's possible, and I'll hope for it, but I wouldn't count on it...

Easy 6
06-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Agreed.

However, this isn't a team like the 90's Niners that only needs the QB. The line is young and mostly new. We've got new WR's as well. He isn't going to come out and probowl it up right away.

Right, i hear ya...this is going to be a very uneven year, but like Deberg said, 6-7 wins sounds about right. But Brodie & the team have to atleast get a taste of winning in 08.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I just want the O-line to give him a chance. QB's don't need the line like we had under Vermiel to be successful, but that crap we witnessed last season will get any QB killed especially a fragile one.

RedNeckRaider
06-12-2008, 01:41 PM
ROFL Oakland Lamont Jordan!

chiefforlife
06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
No way would they pull him after 4 games. That would not be smart or in the teams best interest.

InChiefsHell
06-12-2008, 01:54 PM
No way would they pull him after 4 games. That would not be smart or in the teams best interest.

Agreed. Barring injury, they need to let him play the whole year, suck or not...Yanking him for Thigpen would be stupid, because he woudn't make a big difference either...I mean, what are we trying to do, get in the playoffs?

Let Brody play as long as he can this year and see what we've got. Personally, I'm not as worried about how many wins we have as I am about how many losses that are totally attributable to his play...as long as Brodie is not LOSING game for us, he'll stick...

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 02:02 PM

If the team is 0-4 and his stats look like this:

400 yards passing

2 TD's and 7 Int's

You wouldnt want him pulled?? Hes not a high round pick. Its not like the team has much invested in him money wise.

blueballs
06-12-2008, 02:17 PM
4 games
I would guess they could pull a bigger number than that
out of their rather huge self-abused asses

TRR
06-12-2008, 02:37 PM
4 games
I would guess they could pull a bigger number than that
out of their rather huge self-abused asses

If KC is only going to give Croyle 4 games to prove what he has (that would really make only 10 games total) than they might as well replace him right now.

KC needs to give Croyle an entire season with a healthy O Line and LJ to see what he can get accomplished. Last season was nothing but a little bit of playing time.

blueballs
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Didn't Brees have a good young cast around him for a couple of seasons
when they gave up on him and drafted a first rounder

Pablo
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
God help us if Thigpen is our next resort. These are some benchmarks I hope Brodie can hit this year.

2,750-3,000 passing yards
15-20 TD's/15-20 INT's (TD>INT ratio)
>60% completion
>7 yards per completion average
I only expect 5 wins from this team..so between 4-6 wins would be fine.

John_Wayne
06-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Guess who they chose from the Chiefs??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Brodie Croyle.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/06/12/produce.early/index.html?eref=T1

Brodie Croyle, QB, Kansas City Chiefs: Croyle probably has four games, if that, to show some progress or get a win under his belt before the Chiefs will see what Tyler Thigpen can do. Croyle is the prototypical player when identifying guys that need to produce early or else. Yes, he's on the hot seat and MUST perform this season. But, Herm and Carl will give him 13 games before the pull the plug and put in Thigpen.

bowener
06-12-2008, 02:46 PM
well duh, SI

Sometimes its just that easy.

Kind of like going to the ER with a 6 inch gaping hole in your chest and the DR says, "the number 1 thing we need to fix is that hole in your chest."