PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs OTA in St. Joseph - just got back.

Pablo
06-12-2008, 01:13 PM
It was pretty awesome, my buddy and I got interviewed by kcchiefs.com and the video clip should be up tonight.

Brodie looked spot on today, throwing darts, throwing accurately. Targeted Bowe a ton, didn't seem to progress through his reads at time, just went after Bowe, but it worked out great. Bowe had sticky hands today, caught everything thrown his way. Darling and Webb ought to battle it out for the #2 spot, probably leaning towards Darling. Franklin had a good day as well. Franklin is faster than I anticipated, and Webb looked surprisingly fast today as well. Franklin has great promise.

Thigpen was less than impressive, he was high on most of his passes, and threw a total duck up out of bounds to Darling at the end of the drill. Greene and Huard looked lightyears better than Thigpen. Greene made a few throws that were very impressive, very tight windows.

Larry looked sharp, made pretty good cuts and had nice vision, even mixed it up and made a great juggling one handed catch on an overthrown ball by Huard in front of us. If he can be as effective in the passing game as he showed today, we'd be way better off.

I think Carr made the most impressive showing for the CB's today. But to be honest, I didn't watch the DB's that much, but he definately stuck to his man and deflected a few lasers from Brodie.

Dorsey was an absolute beast. He got in the backfield a couple of times, and pushed the guard back about 6 yards and nearly nabbed LJ on a pitch to the left. He was intense. I didn't get to watch Albert, and I don't even know if he practiced, and I was on the opposite side of the field from the left line and about 70 yards down. The right side got totally thrashed a few times. Didn't look too promising.

Cottam is huge and looks to have good hands. He made a couple good snags. Jamaal Charles had some trouble getting out of the backfield, and on getting seperation from the LB's in the short yardage drills. But he broke away a few times and has great open field speed. Didn't get to see Flowers play any, and when he was on my side of the field he was sitting out with Page and McGraw right in front of me.

That's all I can think of now.

noa
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Good stuff. Thanks.

That thing about Brodie not going through his progressions seems to be a running theme.

StcChief
06-12-2008, 01:21 PM
nice, maybe LJ did some work in offseason on catching other than Champagne bottles and women.

CoMoChief
06-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Our right side of the Oline is complete hog wash.

tyton75
06-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Anything flashy from Tank/Turk? I'm doubting it but I really want these guys to step up in year 2!

alpha_omega
06-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Nice...thanks for the on site report!

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Our right side of the Oline is complete hog wash.

Yep it is not sounding good yet again.

Molitoth
06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Brodie was "on it". The other QB's just throw ducks compared to him..
Bowe catches everything, and he is quite comical while doing so.
Cottom is huge.
LJ was catching crazy passes today, along with running really well and fast.
All of the kickers looked good.

Chiefnj2
06-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I wonder if McIntosh was back on the left today.

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 01:42 PM
If he can be as effective in the passing game as he showed today, we'd be way better off.

The whole "LJ isnt a very good pass reciever" is a fallacy.

If anything the Chiefs should be making an effort to throw him the ball more. Two of his best TD's runs the past couple of years came on passes. 06 in Arizonia and 07 against Green Bay.

Last 4 years pass catching numbers.

22 278
33 343
41 410
30 186

chasedude
06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Damn, I knew I should have taken the day off and drive over for this. I would have liked to see them in action in my own eyes.

Edit: Thanks for the info Gonzo

InChiefsHell
06-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Anything flashy from Tank/Turk? I'm doubting it but I really want these guys to step up in year 2!

Yeah...especially Tank. I haven't heard anything about him since OTA's started...

InChiefsHell
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Nobody took any pics??

...this thread is worthle...oh, you know...

John_Wayne
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
[quote=GonzoRox88;4791133].......Brodie looked spot on today, throwing darts, throwing accurately......... quote] ..........Keitzman and the rest of the 810 crew are NOT going to like this.

Pablo
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Nobody took any pics??

...this thread is worthle...oh, you know...I took a ton of pics with my friends camera. Stood right next to D-Bowe, Dorsey, Webb, Darling, Franklin, and Hali. And Mololith was right, D-Bowe is a damn comedian. He was over by us for about 30 minutes altogether. I know a whole lot of folks don't like Chad Johnson or T.O., but he's definately cocky and funny. He's less of a cocky dickwad like those two and more humorous and personable.

Easy 6
06-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Bowe catches everything, and he is quite comical while doing so.

I blame Herm for this guy.

Pablo
06-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah...especially Tank. I haven't heard anything about him since OTA's started...To be honest I didn't see anything too impressive out of either one. Tank got in the backfield once I believe, but he was going up against our right side of the line, so that really doesn't tell you much.

Deberg_1990
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
I blame Herm for this guy.

I hate Big Bowe. :)

blueballs
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
For every season ticket sold today
a random Chief's player gets 25% off
a QT Big Gulp/C Peterson

Easy 6
06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I hate Big Bowe. :)

Me to, Herm cant do ANYTHING right...:cuss:

Pablo
06-12-2008, 02:09 PM
There was a mentally handicapped group about 15 yards down from us, and I'm not sure if this guy was with the group or not, but somebody yelled ..."you need to tackle somebody out there"..

Then Herm said, why don't you come on out and we'll tackle you?

Then the guy said he'd come out, and Herm let him come out on the field with him for a few plays talking to the guy, then let him attempt a 20 yard field goal I think with Colquitt holding, and he missed low and left, but it was pretty funny because we all thought they were gonna let the guy line up with them for a play or something funny, and maybe push him around or something as a joke. It was humorous.

FAX
06-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Great report. Many thanks, Mr. GonzoRox88.

FAX

Pestilence
06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
There was a mentally handicapped group about 15 yards down from us, and I'm not sure if this guy was with the group or not, but somebody yelled ..."you need to tackle somebody out there"..

Then Herm said, why don't you come on out and we'll tackle you?

Then the guy said he'd come out, and Herm let him come out on the field with him for a few plays talking to the guy, then let him attempt a 20 yard field goal I think with Colquitt holding, and he missed low and left, but it was pretty funny because we all thought they were gonna let the guy line up with them for a play or something funny, and maybe push him around or something as a joke. It was humorous.

I see we're all about creating competition on the field.

Pablo
06-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I see we're all about creating competition on the field.Haha...yeah...it was from like the 8 yard-line, but he probably only kicked it 15 altogether, and very low and short.

And to think I almost forgot the Bobby Sippio report..*gasp*

He made a couple good grabs, I really wouldn't be suprised if he was the 4th or 5th WR option. I don't think he's so bad he deserves to be cut, but he's not a 3rd option, and 4th seems possible, not probable.

Bowe
Darling
Webb/Franklin
Sippio

I was pretty impressed with Franklin, as much as I hate MU I was actually glad to get his autograph because he plays pretty physical and has all the attributes you'd want in a WR. It looked like he wanted to go up and get the ball, not just have it thrown to him. Not with the same vigor as Bowe had last year, but he could easily steal the 3 spot from Webb with some decent playing time.

R&GHomer
06-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the great info, lovin it!

John_Wayne
06-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Haha...yeah...it was from like the 8 yard-line, but he probably only kicked it 15 altogether, and very low and short.

And to think I almost forgot the Bobby Sippio report..*gasp*

He made a couple good grabs, I really wouldn't be suprised if he was the 4th or 5th WR option. I don't think he's so bad he deserves to be cut, but he's not a 3rd option, and 4th seems possible, not probable.

Bowe
Darling
Webb/Franklin
Sippio

I was pretty impressed with Franklin, as much as I hate MU I was actually glad to get his autograph because he plays pretty physical and has all the attributes you'd want in a WR. It looked like he wanted to go up and get the ball, not just have it thrown to him. Not with the same vigor as Bowe had last year, but he could easily steal the 3 spot from Webb with some decent playing time.
If they keep Kevin Robinson to return kicks, they won't keep Sippio IMHO.

KCrockaholic
06-12-2008, 04:01 PM
thanks for the info man! :clap:

Molitoth
06-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Sippio needs to stay and get some playtime, I don't think I've seen him drop a pass, he ran really good routes today as well.

CoMoChief
06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
LOL Chiefs are rated as a 71 in Madden