PDA

View Full Version : Weather I EFFING HATE EFFING BRIAN BUSBY ETC.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I am so sick of these weather people acting like they are so damn concerned about people. EFF THEM! When they have to continue to try and justify staying on the air by stating that "weather spotters" and "trained weather spotters" etc. report seeing this or that, they already know that people don't want to see their ass on TV. And then Brain-you-would-not-know-by-looking-at-me-but-I-am-gay-Busby had to tell me that if it was my family I would want him on TV. NO A**HOLE, if the weather is bad enough for me to take cover, I would, and I would not need your ass to tell me to take cover. And if I was taking cover, I would not be watching you anyway.

I don't want anyone hurt, but F**K. In the past the weather person would break in, tell us what was going on, and then get the F**K off the TV. Then we would have the damn thing on the TV telling us what was going on, and that damn thing is annoying enough, but now we have to have the Brian Busby Show, or the Katie Horner Show, etc.

I just wanna effing watch basketball.

Silock
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
http://www.zapateiro.com/tvc/abc.htm

BigVE
06-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Some pretty strong storms near Wichita and I have dishnetwork with my locals channels coming from Wichita. I am nowhere near the affected areas but of course all I get to see is storm coverage. BUT, what they did for people who don't care about the weather and still want to watch the game is they kept the NBA coverage going on their HD ABC channel. The weather coverage itself is very amateurish to me...continued bantering back and forth from the weather man and a dude in his car who is actually telling the guy that there is NOT a tornado where he keeps saying it is. Anyways...

Al Bundy
06-12-2008, 07:58 PM
I wanna have Katie Horner bent over a desk with me in her butt when she actually does see a tornado... talk about a great big O.

Skip Towne
06-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I am so sick of these weather people acting like they are so damn concerned about people. EFF THEM! When they have to continue to try and justify staying on the air by stating that "weather spotters" and "trained weather spotters" etc. report seeing this or that, they already know that people don't want to see their ass on TV. And then Brain-you-would-not-know-by-looking-at-me-but-I-am-gay-Busby had to tell me that if it was my family I would want him on TV. NO A**HOLE, if the weather is bad enough for me to take cover, I would, and I would not need your ass to tell me to take cover. And if I was taking cover, I would not be watching you anyway.

I don't want anyone hurt, but F**K. In the past the weather person would break in, tell us what was going on, and then get the F**K off the TV. Then we would have the damn thing on the TV telling us what was going on, and that damn thing is annoying enough, but now we have to have the Brian Busby Show, or the Katie Horner Show, etc.

Pete, is that you?

blueballs
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Weather people have hot lonley wives

ZootedGranny
06-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I wanna have Katie Horner bent over a desk with me in her butt when she actually does see a tornado... talk about a great big O.

http://home.kc.rr.com/mkbaslee/disgust.gif

Tribal Warfare
06-12-2008, 09:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUMswwgayB4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUMswwgayB4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
06-12-2008, 09:16 PM
He was real pissy right before they finally switched over to the game.

"It's not every day that you have to apologize for doing your job"

petegz28
06-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Pete, is that you?

nope, i take no credit though ironically i agree with the OP.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2008, 09:59 PM

Like I said, when you have to make excuses to be on the air, then you should not be on the air. I like ti when he had to tell me that the weather spotters were "trained"

BREAKING NEWS: rain falls from sky, take cover.

stlchiefs
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM

They must've had some pissed off customers calling in to the station. I'm sure the manager was in his ear telling him there better be a damn good reason he was still on or they were gonna pull the plug asap.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2008, 10:15 PM
They must've had some pissed off customers calling in to the station. I'm sure the manager was in his ear telling him there better be a damn good reason he was still on or they were gonna pull the plug asap.

As it turns out, the reason was Gary Lezak and Katie Horner getting more air time.

Guru
06-12-2008, 11:03 PM
As it turns out, the reason was Gary Lezak and Katie Horner getting more HOT air time.

FYP

Extra Point
06-13-2008, 05:42 AM
I was amused when the NWS interrupted the interruption of the local channel to indicate a severe weather warning, after the touchdown @ 8:05.

RedNeckRaider
06-13-2008, 06:22 AM
The same crap goes on here in Doo Daw all the time :shake: Missed most of the game last night, there was some fairly nasty weather close by. That said many times they break in and I think dang if I hop in my truck and haul ass I could be where they are talking about in 5 hours or so :cuss:

kepp
06-13-2008, 06:34 AM
I was amused when the NWS interrupted the interruption of the local channel to indicate a severe weather warning, after the touchdown @ 8:05.

What?!? The Chiefs scored?

kepp
06-13-2008, 06:35 AM

Or the least Mr. Busby could have done is put HIMSELF in the small window and the game in the bigger one.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Honestly,

This sort of overblown local weather coverage is becoming the norm all over the country. Im pretty certain it has alot more to do with ratings and $$$$$ than saving lives.

We had an ice storm here in san antonio about a year and a half ago. The weather stations treated it as if it was the "End Times" and stayed on the air with round the clock coverage for two days straight.

ridiculous.......

Mr. Plow
06-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Sunny & 75 in Olathe?

acesn8s
06-13-2008, 07:24 AM
What?!? The Chiefs scored?
They can do that? :eek:

ChiefsFanatic
06-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Honestly,

This sort of overblown local weather coverage is becoming the norm all over the country. Im pretty certain it has alot more to do with ratings and $$$$$ than saving lives.

I addressed that in the first part of my OP. They act like they are so concerned for the people, but they really just don't want another station to claim they had more storm coverage.

jettio
06-13-2008, 09:55 AM
The worst thing about it is that KMBC also has WB Channel 29, and they had the exact same broadcast as Channel 9.

If they have two channels they can have the game with a big scroll keeping people informed if something severe happens on one channel and then have their their sky is falling weather improv on the other channel.

We lost power after a lightning strike and during the 4th quarter. I woke up around 4 am and the power was back on and ESPN was playing a rebroadcast, so I got to see the last couple of minutes of the game without knowing who won.

I am glad to see the Celtics show some heart and prove themselves against Kobe, who is undoubtedly great but who has always tried to get favorable treatment from the officials. He is always playing crybaby and trying to intimidate the officials.

ChiefsFanatic
06-13-2008, 10:13 AM
The worst thing about it is that KMBC also has WB Channel 29, and they had the exact same broadcast as Channel 9.

If they have two channels they can have the game with a big scroll keeping people informed if something severe happens on one channel and then have their their sky is falling weather improv on the other channel.

We lost power after a lightning strike and during the 4th quarter. I woke up around 4 am and the power was back on and ESPN was playing a rebroadcast, so I got to see the last couple of minutes of the game without knowing who won.

I am glad to see the Celtics show some heart and prove themselves against Kobe, who is undoubtedly great but who has always tried to get favorable treatment from the officials. He is always playing crybaby and trying to intimidate the officials.

That is a great point. I wonder if the outlying regions get 29. They could have alerted people to tune to 29 for comprehensive storm coverage.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 10:22 AM
They act like they are so concerned for the people, but they really just don't want another station to claim they had more storm coverage.

Yep,

Its a game of oneupmanship certainly. This all sort of started with the Weather Channel 24/7 coverage stuff. The way they cover the Hurricanes and make it into a "Cant Miss TV Event!"

Heck, even the local stations give the storms catchy names now like "Storm of the century" "The Great storm of 08"

RedNeckRaider
06-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Yep,

Its a game of oneupmanship certainly. This all sort of started with the Weather Channel 24/7 coverage stuff. The way they cover the Hurricanes and make it into a "Cant Miss TV Event!"

Heck, even the local stations give the storms catchy names now like "Storm of the century" "The Great storm of 08"

Whats is even lamer is the nicknames for radar :rolleyes: superduper dopler

sedated
06-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I forgot about the game, and ended up finding the weather coverage pretty entertaining. Watched that shit for the whole 3+ hours.

I just grabbed a beer (or ten) and waited to see my house on tv.

It helps when you are with 2 hysterical women that you can f*ck with. They wanted to run down to the basement every time they heard thunder. (which is an awesome plan when the biggest threat is flash flooding)

CoMoChief
06-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Heh, my dad called me last night to ask what I was doing for the evening.

I told him I was watching the NBA Finals.

He then said

"Yeah shit I would watch it but all the local channels are hogging up the screen with these damn weather people. I know it's raining outside.....if theres a tornado in the area then put it on the scroll bar at tha bottom. Lets us watch the damn game."

LOL

Bearcat
06-13-2008, 03:51 PM
They did it during an entire Stanley Cup Finals game a few years ago... the only difference was that I was probably the only person watching. I emailed Brian Busby and told him there was nothing they couldn't scroll at the bottom of the screen or show in the corner of the screen, and also that it was ridiculous that they waited until the last green spec out in North Central MO.

He emailed back and said "3 people died in storms like that one last year, so we're very serious about the weather blahblahblah." I was like, what makes you think they're going to be watching this year?

During the last episode of Lost, in Omaha they had weather reports during almost every commercial break, and a few times spent the entire break talking about the storms... but NOT ONCE did they interrupt the show. What a concept! :eek:

BryanBusby
06-14-2008, 05:45 AM
:(