PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Third Attempt At a Punisher Movie That Doesn't Suck

Brock
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Trailer: http://www.filmdrunk.com/post.phtml?pk=1955

keg in kc
06-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I think he has a better look than the last two, and I was a big fan of his work on Rome, so I know he can act, but I'm not sure it's even possible to have a good punisher movie.

Deberg_1990
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Wow....Ray Stevenson??? WHo??

Marvel really scrapping the bottom of the barrel there. Looks pretty low budget as well.

Swanman
06-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow....Ray Stevenson??? WHo??

Marvel really scrapping the bottom of the barrel there. Looks pretty low budget as well.

How dare you make fun of Titus Pullo! While not a big name, I really like him as an actor for his stuff on Rome. Punisher is such a great concept, it has to work at some point, you would think.

Sure-Oz
06-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I actually didn't mind the 2nd punisher

kaplin42
06-13-2008, 07:45 PM
The last punisher movie was fine. Not every movie from a comic book is going to be huge, or fantastic. And the last one was neither, but it was entertaining, and it got the start of the story acrossed. If they would have continued in that vein, I think it could have been a good series. This one however looks teh suck!

KcMizzou
06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I actually didn't mind the 2nd punisherSame here... I had low expectations, and enjoyed it.

Brock
06-13-2008, 07:50 PM
The last punisher movie was fine. Not every movie from a comic book is going to be huge, or fantastic. And the last one was neither, but it was entertaining, and it got the start of the story acrossed. If they would have continued in that vein, I think it could have been a good series. This one however looks teh suck!

The punisher is supposed to be a soulless stone cold murderer, not a guy who makes pals with those meddling kids next door. Thumbs way down.

TrickyNicky
06-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Looks like a turd. Seriously though. It looks like a bad Hitman knockoff, and Hitman wasn't even good to begin with. Not that the Dolph or Thomas Jane vehicles were anything to write home about either...

Buck
06-13-2008, 11:40 PM
From what I heard, they offered the part to Tom Jane, but when he learned how shitty it was going to be, and that it wasn't going to be a very noir movie, he backed out.

Thats enough for me to wait for DVD.