PDA

View Full Version : Computers Windows Explorer question.....

C-Mac
06-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I have a Acer 22" widescreen monitor and when viewing through Firefox all webpages appear in there original size, but when I'm using Explorer the pages do some kind of auto-sizing thing to fill the screen. All the pix and non-font artwork is always stretched, therefore always distorted to one degree or another. I've gone through the "properties" and cant find anything that seems to cause this.
Any helpful suggestions beside just not using Windows Explorer? Thanks in advance.

Buck
06-13-2008, 11:42 PM
That sucks.

I wonder if it might have something to do with the compatibility of your video card.

Then again, I dont know anything about computers.

Good Luck

C-Mac
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM
That sucks.

I wonder if it might have something to do with the compatibility of your video card.

Then again, I dont know anything about computers.

Good Luck

I have it plugged into my Dell Inspirion laptop which is also wide screen, plus its fine with everything except....Win Explorer.
I'm stumped. :shrug:

SLAG
06-16-2008, 07:09 PM
are you zoomed in on explorer?

in the lower right there is a Magnifying glass is it at 100 or is it more?

DaFace
06-16-2008, 07:09 PM
I have it plugged into my Dell Inspirion laptop which is also wide screen, plus its fine with everything except....Win Explorer.
I'm stumped. :shrug:

I'm a bit confused. You're viewing web pages through Windows Explorer? Or Internet Explorer?

C-Mac
06-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm a bit confused. You're viewing web pages through Windows Explorer? Or Internet Explorer?

Internet Explorer IE, sorry.

C-Mac
06-16-2008, 07:17 PM
are you zoomed in on explorer?

in the lower right there is a Magnifying glass is it at 100 or is it more?

100%

DaFace
06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Internet Explorer IE, sorry.

Weird. I've got two widescreen laptops and have never had any issue. Did you say that the problem only occurs when you're using your external monitor, or do you see the problem when using the widescreen laptop on its own?

Any chance you could take a screenshot of what's happening?

Hays
06-16-2008, 09:49 PM
sounds like fonts to me.
there is a setting in the explorer to change this i believe.

C-Mac
06-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Weird. I've got two widescreen laptops and have never had any issue. Did you say that the problem only occurs when you're using your external monitor, or do you see the problem when using the widescreen laptop on its own?

Any chance you could take a screenshot of what's happening?

I believe it does with both but I will to double check that.

C-Mac
06-17-2008, 05:43 AM
sounds like fonts to me.
there is a setting in the explorer to change this i believe.

I agree.... but I cant find anything that helps. The only relief is when I go to 75% on the zoom level.