PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Does Kobe Bryant annoy anyone else as much as me??

crispystl420
06-15-2008, 10:43 AM
His cocky coy little interviews drive me insane. It's really only started this season. I have no beef with the lakers or any loyalty to any N.B.A team. Am I just a dick or has anyone else observed this?

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Since i am a Lakers fan. NOOOOOOOOOO GO LAKERS. I just hope they dont lose it all at home.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-15-2008, 10:49 AM
not really, but you got to realize 95% of the stars in all sports come off cocky in some sort of way. Alot of that is the media's fault, and alot of that is the fans fault. We treat these super sport figures like their god. So yea most of them are gonna come out cocky.

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Out of all the "super stars" I am talking Major Stars. He's probably one of the less cocky players out there.

Adept Havelock
06-15-2008, 10:59 AM
No. As a matter of fact, Kobe Bryant (and the entire NBA for that matter) is completely irrelevant to me.

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 11:01 AM
No. As a matter of fact, Kobe Bryant (and the entire NBA for that matter) is completely irrelevant to me.

So why freaking post in this thread? they arent all that irrelevant.

chagrin
06-15-2008, 11:09 AM
the whole "lakers" thing annoys thew piss out of me, and I am thrilled they are losing

crispystl420
06-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah he never really says anything real cocky I guess it's just his (smug maybe??) demeanor.

crispystl420
06-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Also I get tired of the M.J. comparisons no f'n way does M.J. blow a 23 point 3rd quarter lead at home in the NBA F'N FINALS.

CoMoChief
06-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Out of all the "super stars" I am talking Major Stars. He's probably one of the less cocky players out there.

Nah, I'd say A-Rod.

evolve27
06-15-2008, 11:26 AM
He sounds like MJ when he speaks which annoys me, but he's not the finisher MJ was in the playoffs and finals. MJ is still the greatest ever and Kobe is still behind him unless he ends up winning this final and then we might be able to compare.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Here's my view...

Kobe tried to play a "good guy" image early in his career. That all went down hill when he raped that chick or committed adultery, we'll never know which one, either way, he ****ed up and ruined his image. The reason for the hatred of Kobe is that NBA fans wanted a player they could all love, like MJ, after MJ retired. That's not saying they wanted him to be like MJ on the court, no one ever will, even Kobe admits this, but they wanted someone they could think of when someone mentions the NBA; they wanted someone that would take over the reigns and be that "new face and breath of fresh air" so to speak. Someone that wasn't going to take on the thug image that was smothering the NBA when MJ retired. Kobe pissed a lot of people off by his infidelities, and I don't know anyone that is not a Laker fan that has forgiven him yet.

JMO on the subject.

The Bad Guy
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
He sounds like MJ when he speaks which annoys me, but he's not the finisher MJ was in the playoffs and finals. MJ is still the greatest ever and Kobe is still behind him unless he ends up winning this final and then we might be able to compare.

So now people hate him because they think he "sounds" like MJ.

Give me a break.

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
So now people hate him because they think he "sounds" like MJ.

Give me a break.

He's always going to be hated by many for nothing, but they will say oh he's a rapist blah blah. Yeah, like he forced himself on a ugly white bitch. Sure. he could have just went down stairs to the lobby and unzipped his pants and about 5 chicks would have just dropped to their knees.

Spott
Also I get tired of the M.J. comparisons no f'n way does M.J. blow a 23 point 3rd quarter lead at home in the NBA F'N FINALS.

Exactly. Those are the kind of games that MJ would have taken over down the stretch and would have found a way to win even if his shots weren't falling. Kobe just disappeared along with the rest of the team for the final 20 minutes of the game.

FAX
Yeah he never really says anything real cocky I guess it's just his (smug maybe??) demeanor.

I think it's the way his face is constructed, Mr. crispystl420. He was born with sort of a permanent pout. And, he rarely smiles. That's the problem, I think.

FAX

crispystl420
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
lol Maybe so.

crispystl420
06-15-2008, 11:43 AM
I should note I don't have any hatred toward him like Elway or anything just find him annoying.

Skip Towne
06-15-2008, 11:43 AM
He doesn't bother me. I've got him on ignore.

Adept Havelock
06-15-2008, 11:46 AM
So why freaking post in this thread? they arent all that irrelevant.

:spock:

I'm sorry, I thought the question was asked of all posters at the planet. I thought I'd offer my take.

To some he isn't irrelevant. To me he is. The former doesn't bother me, so I fail to see why the latter should bother you. :shrug:

He doesn't annoy me. I don't care enough about him to be annoyed by, nor supportive of him.

Sorry my response irritated you. Perhaps you should try Massengill. My old lady swears by it.

Farzin
06-15-2008, 11:49 AM
His cocky coy little interviews drive me insane. It's really only started this season. I have no beef with the lakers or any loyalty to any N.B.A team. Am I just a dick or has anyone else observed this?

I'd b pretty cocky too if my team blew a 24 point lead...wouldn;t you?

Cosmos
06-15-2008, 11:50 AM
the whole "lakers" thing annoys thew piss out of me, and I am thrilled they are losing

Because the whole "Celtics" this is so much more tolerable...?!

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 11:54 AM
:spock:

I'm sorry, I thought the question was asked of all posters at the planet. I thought I'd offer my take.

To some he isn't irrelevant. To me he is. The former doesn't bother me, so I fail to see why the latter should bother you. :shrug:

He doesn't annoy me. I don't care enough about him to be annoyed by, nor supportive of him.

Sorry my response irritated you. Perhaps you should try Massengill. My old lady swears by it.When i see something irrelevant, i just dont even bother with the thread. Now to me, when someone does that, thats irrelevant.

I just dont know why people post on subjects they dont give a damn about. I just see it, and completely bypass it.

You didnt irritate me in the least. I just didnt understand is all. I always thought if you dont really give a shit about something, you ignore it.

What bothers me is you know what Massingil is. Please enlighten me, what is it? lol

Bowser
06-15-2008, 11:55 AM
It annoys me that he jumps over cars. Like, he's SO good that he doesn't have to take the time to walk around them, or wait for them to pass, like everyone else. He just jumps them. Jumps right the **** over them. Such an elitist prick.

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Exactly. Those are the kind of games that MJ would have taken over down the stretch and would have found a way to win even if his shots weren't falling. Kobe just disappeared along with the rest of the team for the final 20 minutes of the game.

Hypothetical question. I know its not going to happen, but what if Kobe somehow leads them back and wins it all? Then what? Again, i think the series is over, but i am going to cheer them on, and anything can happen. Hell, the Patriots prove that. lol

milkman
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
When i see something irrelevant, i just dont even bother with the thread. Now to me, when someone does that, thats irrelevant.

I just dont know why people post on subjects they dont give a damn about. I just see it, and completely bypass it.

You didnt irritate me in the least. I just didnt understand is all. I always thought if you dont really give a shit about something, you ignore it.

What bothers me is you know what Massingil is. Please enlighten me, what is it? lol

Where's the fun in ignoring subjects you don't care about?

If I post in a soccer topic that I don't give a rat's ass about soccer, the responses are highly entertaining.

Bowser
06-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Massengil is what the Bronco linemen rub on their jersies.

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 12:01 PM

If I post in a soccer topic that I don't give a rat's ass about soccer, the responses are highly entertaining.

Well, i dont know how my if you dont care about it why post on the thread is entertaining at all. haha. If people find that entertaining, then something is wrong. hah

Adept Havelock
06-15-2008, 12:03 PM

Precisely. :)

The question is if Kobe annoyed me. He doesn't. I just figured I'd explain why he doesn't while I was at it.

Nah, someday when you have a relationship with a woman you'll find out all by yourself. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

I'll give you a hint. It's not really a dressing. More like a vinaigrette.

milkman
06-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Well, i dont know how my if you dont care about it why post on the thread is entertaining at all. haha. If people find that entertaining, then something is wrong. hah

"Why freaking post on this thread" sounds like you got just a little irritated.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Hypothetical question. I know its not going to happen, but what if Kobe somehow leads them back and wins it all? Then what? Again, i think the series is over, but i am going to cheer them on, and anything can happen. Hell, the Patriots prove that. lol

He'd still be a f'n prick.

Adept Havelock
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM

:p

Bugeater
06-15-2008, 12:35 PM
I can't stand how he always holds his arm up in the air with his hand folded over after he shoots the ball. I don't know why that bothers me but it does.

Simply Red
06-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Actually, I think he's better than he used to be.

KCTitus
06-15-2008, 01:37 PM
annoying, most definately...

Phobia
06-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I think the last time I saw the guy was shortly after he raped that girl so, no he doesn't annoy me at all. As far as I've noticed he doesn't exist. How long did he get anyway?

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I think the last time I saw the guy was shortly after he raped that girl so, no he doesn't annoy me at all. As far as I've noticed he doesn't exist. How much did he get anyway?

Fixed your post, and probably well over 100million since then.

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2008, 03:54 PM

No, thats not irritating i pretty much do that to anyone that posts in a thread they dont give a crap about. I just wanna know why they do it. To me it makes no sense. Now, whats really irritating if me going outside right now and it being 105 degrees outside with no wind. Thats irritating.

RNR
06-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah he is a punk and a wanna be Mike, it is fun watching him get owned by Boston.

KCTitus
06-15-2008, 04:04 PM
the fact that Kobe in the next few days become Penny Hardaway II is just frigging funny...

It's too bad that he never had a miny-Kobe commercial

StcChief
06-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah he is a punk and a wanna be Mike, it is fun watching him get owned by Boston.
yeah... I guess it's still a team sport. Kobe will never be a Micheal Jordon.

RNR
06-15-2008, 06:26 PM

The kid can flat out play and has played great at times. To be listed with the alltime greats a player has to capture clutch moments. He has failed to do so. Less the rings he got with Shaq he has done great things when it did not matter.

The failed comeback in Boston, and the melt down in LA were huge moments where he failed to make his mark. It is team sport but guys like Jordan, Bird, Johnson all had talent around them, but captured great moments to set themselfs apart. It is a mighty tall order but if Bryant can lead these guys to three wins he will join the list if not he will have to try again next year.

PGM
06-15-2008, 06:27 PM

Thier probably will never be another Jordan, so it doesn't make Kobe any less of a player.

munkey
06-15-2008, 08:28 PM
http://deadspin.com/5016149/kobe-bryant-experienced-drinker

Chiefs Pantalones
06-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Just to touch on the subject...Kobe is an inconsistent defender as well, whereas MJ was full bore 100% of the time and flat out awesome on the defensive side. Kobe gets a lot of kudos for his D but most of the league anymore doesn't play D so his competition for those honors don't hold that much weight. But lets get real here, no player will ever be MJ, even Kobe admits that. So the comparisons should stop.

Douche Baggins
06-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I hate the fact that people compare him to Jordan.

Sacrilege.

plbrdude
06-15-2008, 09:05 PM

maybe this one and three more on top of it. but then again what do i care, it's the nba:ZZZ:

Logical
06-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Yea, hell Jordan and Bird were much worse.

munkey
06-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Yea, hell Jordan and Bird were much worse.

ROFL

Simply Red
06-15-2008, 09:55 PM
KA-CHHHOOWWWWWWWW!

El Jefe
06-16-2008, 08:07 AM

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

First off yes, Kobe annoys me to death, and FTR I hate the Lakers with a passion.

Chief Faithful
06-16-2008, 08:31 AM

Exactly, I lived in Chicago during the MJ years so I had the chance to watch him every game for years. There was no one like him before or since. He would offensively take over a game the last 2 minutes of every quarter or anytime a team started to make a run. He also had the ability to take over a game defensively. If a team started to gain momentum he would shut them down with defense in a way I have never seen Kobe perform. He was not only the best player in the NBA on offense he was the best on defense.

Finally, MJ had a way of lifting the play of the whole team. It is impossible to explain other than he was able to dissect at any point in the game exactly what the team was lacking and that is the need he filled be it offense, defense, passing, transition, free throws, clock management, ball handling, play calling or leadership. Kobe plays in a way where he expects his team to feed him on every play where MJ fed his team on every play.

Kobe may have skill, but that is the only thing he has in common with MJ.

Ari Chi3fs
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I think Kobe is a genius. His wearing that White Sleeve on his shooting arm is pure strategy and very brilliant.

Sure he is smug... but that white sleeve gets him to the line more often than most NBA ballers...

The Reason? The pure contrast of the black skinned opponent slapping at the ball contrasts nicely off of the white arm sleeve, creating a lot of times, the illusion of a foul.

If Kobe doesn't wear that sleeve, he averages 5-7 less FT attempts a game.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Exactly, I lived in Chicago during the MJ years so I had the chance to watch him every game for years. There was no one like him before or since. He would offensively take over a game the last 2 minutes of every quarter or anytime a team started to make a run. He also had the ability to take over a game defensively. If a team started to gain momentum he would shut them down with defense in a way I have never seen Kobe perform. He was not only the best player in the NBA on offense he was the best on defense.

Finally, MJ had a way of lifting the play of the whole team. It is impossible to explain other than he was able to dissect at any point in the game exactly what the team was lacking and that is the need he filled be it offense, defense, passing, transition, free throws, clock management, ball handling, play calling or leadership. Kobe plays in a way where he expects his team to feed him on every play where MJ fed his team on every play.

Kobe may have skill, but that is the only thing he has in common with MJ.

LMAO I nominate this for least informed post of the year. You can't even have watched the playoffs and posted this.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 11:21 AM
I hate the fact that people compare him to Jordan.

Sacrilege.

It's stupid. You simply cannot compare someone at the end of their career to someone in the middle of theirs.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Yea he has 3 great franchise players in their prime doing everything they can to take the ball out of his hands.

He is a punk and a rapist and he can't even hold Pierce's jockstrap, whatever.

RNR
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Yea he has 3 great franchise players in their prime doing everything they can to take the ball out of his hands.

Sorry BD but I know some Laker fans who are always talking huge crap how great this guy is. I do not care for him and have said before he plays great sometimes. As far as Pierce he dang sure has out played Kobe in this series. And yes they are trying keep the ball out of his hands, like his is the first player to have that happen. The great ones find a way.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry BD but I know some Laker fans who are always talking huge crap how great this guy is. I do not care for him and have said before he plays great sometimes. As far as Pierce he dang sure has out played Kobe in this series. And yes they are trying keep the ball out of his hands, like his is the first player to have that happen. The great ones find a way.

Whatever. Kobe is a POS. You simply can't compare Kobe/Pierce in this series when one team is building their foundation with youth and the other has 3 great franchise players in their prime and built the team for right now. The amount of hating Kobe gets is unbelievable. THis is a team built for the long haul however. Kobe and the Lakers are not going away any time soon so you guys will get plenty of opportunities to sit back and make ridiculous statements about how overrated Kobe is.

RNR
06-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Whatever. Kobe is a POS. You simply can't compare Kobe/Pierce in this series when one team is building their foundation with youth and the other has 3 great franchise players in their prime and built the team for right now. The amount of hating Kobe gets is unbelievable. THis is a team built for the long haul however. Kobe and the Lakers are not going away any time soon so you guys will get plenty of opportunities to sit back and make ridiculous statements about how overrated Kobe is.
I wonder if you would be defending him as hard had he got his wish and bailed out of LA.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I wonder if you would be defending him as hard had he got his wish and bailed out of LA.

I would have been pissed at him for leaving but he is still the best player in the league. You ever seen the list of players and coaches that say he is the best. It's like friggen everybody. Only fans try to tear him down and talk shit about him.

little jacob
06-16-2008, 12:12 PM

i wouldn't go that far, he seems like a huge narcissist and he isnt a leader like jordan was but still, to say Piece is better is pretty crazy.

RNR
06-16-2008, 12:15 PM
I would have been pissed at him for leaving but he is still the best player in the league. You ever seen the list of players and coaches that say he is the best. It's like friggen everybody. Only fans try to tear him down and talk shit about him.

Look he is your boy and I dont really give a shit. I have no interest in getting you all pissed off over something I care little about.

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 12:24 PM
I thought he handled the post game interview to perfection last night!

What a role model.

HypnotizedMonkey
06-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Kobe is a baller. I am a Celtics fan. I think you all are just jealous of him subconsciously so you hate on him.

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Kobe is a baller. I am a Celtics fan. I think you all are just jealous of him subconsciously so you hate on him.

I agree. He is awesome, baby!

Brock
06-16-2008, 12:30 PM
He's a great player, he's just not exactly Mr. Clutch.

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I love him, baby!

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 12:33 PM
He's a great player, he's just not exactly Mr. Clutch.

Like getting that clutch steal last night to win the game that Pierce called a great play. What a choker.

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
he's this years MVP. He is so modest too.

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Like getting that clutch steal last night to win the game that Pierce called a great play. What a choker.

He did get away w/ a foul on that one. Finally the refs seem to be letting them play.

Brock
06-16-2008, 12:35 PM

I didn't say he was a choker. Jesus Christ, quit ****ing crying.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 12:36 PM
he's this years MVP. He is so modest too.

He has been the MVP for awhile they just didn't give it to him cause he gave the money shot to that little snow bunny in colorado.

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I didn't say he was a choker. Jesus Christ, quit ****ing crying.

Now pointing out he had the clutch play of the game last night night to seal a 6th game after you said he wasn't Mr. Clutch is crying? OK

Brock
06-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Now pointing out he had the clutch play of the game last night night to seal a 6th game after you said he wasn't Mr. Clutch is crying? OK

He isn't a great clutch player. I think that's pretty obvious to non-homers.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 12:41 PM

after the first his offense was off, but he played some lock down D down the stretch. His D was on it when his offense wasnt.

little jacob
06-16-2008, 12:43 PM

...yeah but did you see him tear up the clippers that one time?

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 12:47 PM

I watch the Lakers all the time. I can't even tell you how many times Kobe has been Mr. Clutch.

Brock
06-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I watch the Lakers all the time. I can't even tell you how many times Kobe has been Mr. Clutch.

I watch the Lakers during the playoffs. You know, CLUTCH TIME? When clutch players step their game up?

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
He did get away w/ a foul on that one. Finally the refs seem to be letting them play.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5750/kobeul4.jpg

No he didnt. Thats all ball and legit.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I watch the Lakers during the playoffs. You know, CLUTCH TIME? When clutch players step their game up?

So you did see the clutch play last night then.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Friggen classic. LMAO

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 12:55 PM

ftr, I'm not a fan of either team. I saw the replay. He TOTALLY did catch both of his arms. Total foul. I promise.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 01:09 PM
ftr, I'm not a fan of either team. I saw the replay. He TOTALLY did catch both of his arms. Total foul. I promise.

For the record Pierce himself called it a great play.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 01:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHYE8lf0QEw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHYE8lf0QEw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Only thing i see is him touching his baggy ass jersey.

RNR
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHYE8lf0QEw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHYE8lf0QEw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Only thing i see is him touching his baggy ass jersey.

Get off! the guy is from New England! that falls under the tuck rule! no steal no basket Celtics win! ;)

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Get off! the guy is from New England! that falls under the tuck rule! no steal no basket Celtics win! ;)

haha, tuck rule.

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 01:24 PM
It was played in slow-motion after the play on TV. Did you not see that?

Chief Faithful
06-16-2008, 01:28 PM
LMAO I nominate this for least informed post of the year. You can't even have watched the playoffs and posted this.

Sorry, BD, been watching the playoffs and I watched 10 years of MJ and the two do not compare at all. Their games are completely different. Either you didn't watch MJ much or you are seeing everything through homer glasses. MJ was even the primary ball handler in Jackson's offense running the triangle offense with precession. It doesn't even look like the same offense with with Kobe.

Brock
06-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Sorry, BD, been watching the playoffs and I watched 10 years of MJ and the two do not compare at all. Their games are completely different. Either you didn't watch MJ much or you are seeing everything through homer glasses. MJ was even the primary ball handler in Jackson's offense running the triangle offense with precession. It doesn't even look like the same offense with with Kobe.

You're obviously not very informed, since you don't agree that Kobe is the bestest player every!

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 01:42 PM
You're obviously not very informed, since you don't agree that Kobe is the bestest player every!

I never said he was. In fact I have repeatedly said you can't fully judge somebody in the spectrum of history until their career is over. Don't let that stop you from trying to be a prick though, I can see that's pretty important to you these days.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 01:42 PM

Its the triangle, but its modified to fit the Lakers team. YOu cant just run the same thing if the players strengths are different. You play to their strengths, duh.

Brock
06-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I never said he was. In fact I have repeatedly said you can't fully judge somebody in the spectrum of history until their career is over. Don't let that stop you from trying to be a prick though, I can see that's pretty important to you these days.

I'm not fully judging anybody. I'm judging performance to date vs. like players at this point in their careers. And as I've repeatedly said, your opinion of me carries no water with anyone who matters.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Different teams, different eras, different talents. You are comparing apples and oranges and making huge assumptions at what will take place in the back half of Bryant's career. You simply can't do that. Phil himself said nobody has worked as hard for what they have as Kobe has. Where that will take him nobody knows.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm not fully judging anybody. I'm judging performance to date vs. like players at this point in their careers. And as I've repeatedly said, your opinion of me carries no water with anyone who matters.

That's OK dog, it's what I have come to expect from you. Has anyone here ever met you in real life?

Brock
06-16-2008, 01:50 PM
That's OK dog, it's what I have come to expect from you. Has anyone here ever met you in real life?

How is that relevant to this discussion? Do you want me to check you out in some assless chaps or something? Sorry, dude, I'm totally hetero.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 01:54 PM
How is that relevant to this discussion? Do you want me to check you out in some assless chaps or something? Sorry, dude, I'm totally hetero.

arent all chaps assless? lol

Brock
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
arent all chaps assless? lol

Ask BGD. To me, leather is what you make footballs out of.

vailpass
06-16-2008, 02:17 PM
It will be funny when Kobe announces his retirement and nobody outside of LA cares.
Dude just doesn't have "it"; never grew to act like a man. Maybe he needed college??
The way he bitches and moans, pops his jersey, etc. Punk. Would have liked to have seen him pull his shit against the Bad Boy Pistons.
Laimbeer & Sally would have crippled him.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
It will be funny when Kobe announces his retirement and nobody outside of LA cares.
Dude just doesn't have "it"; never grew to act like a man. Maybe he needed college??
The way he bitches and moans, pops his jersey, etc. Punk. Would have liked to have seen him pull his shit against the Bad Boy Pistons.
Laimbeer and Sally wouldnt have did a ****ing thing. They would have what fouled hard? Lakers could do the same thing, but its not ****ing allowed anymore.

I love the Kobe hate, prove them ****ing wrong. Even if he doesnt win one this year, he has the next 4-5 years and Andrew ****ing Bynum next year. Its going to be fun to watch.

Chief Faithful
06-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Different teams, different eras, different talents. You are comparing apples and oranges and making huge assumptions at what will take place in the back half of Bryant's career. You simply can't do that. Phil himself said nobody has worked as hard for what they have as Kobe has. Where that will take him nobody knows.

That is fair. The media needs to stop the comparisons.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 02:29 PM

LMAO Where did I ever say I wanted to meet you?

The rest of that post is just disturbing.

I was just curious what short comings you possess in real life that make having a civil conversation with you increasingly hard for anyone on the board.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Ask BGD. To me, leather is what you make footballs out of.

Ask me? You're the pirate that took it there. LMAO

Brock
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I was just curious what short comings you possess in real life that make you unwilling to accept my personal insults without firing back.

FYP

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
That is fair. The media needs to stop the comparisons.

The media just needs something to talk about. I don't even like the announcers anymore. I find myself turning off the sound and turning on the tunes during the game.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
FYP

I am sure I won't slow you down. Spread the poison dog.

Brock
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I am sure I won't slow you down. Spread the poison dog.

When did you turn into such a crying bitch?

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 02:36 PM

LMAO What is even the point of posting when you read shit like this? I'm out.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 02:38 PM
When did you turn into such a crying bitch?

How in anyone's wildest imagination could that ever be considered crying? I'll bet you don't even have the balls to call a bitch a bitch unless your posting online tuff guy.

Brock
06-16-2008, 02:41 PM
How in anyone's wildest imagination could that be considered crying? I'll bet you don't even have the balls to call a bitch a bitch unless your posting online tuff guy.

What else would you call somebody who's crying about some people who don't think Kobe Bryant is the bestest player every? Seems like the textbook definition of a bitch.

SPATCH
06-16-2008, 02:41 PM
can we all agree that MJ would have never in a million years ever have given up 20-point leads in the finals on his home court (or any court for that matter) TWICE!?

what a joke. he's cemented his place under MJ among the all time greats already. i'd be just fine if i never see another MJ comparison because...

MJ > Kobe. forever and ever. AMEN.

Brock
06-16-2008, 02:42 PM
can we all agree that MJ would have never in a million years ever have given up 20-point leads in the finals on his home court (or any court for that matter) TWICE!?

what a joke. he's cemented his place under MJ among the all time greats already. i'd be just fine if i never see another MJ comparison because...

Don't state pure facts like that. A certain woman around here doesn't like it.

Amnorix
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM

Not that I want to get in the middle of this mess, but I do note that Kobe is turning 30 in a couple months, and is in his 10th or 11th year. It's not as if he's a 4th year guy...

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 03:25 PM
What else would you call somebody who's crying about some people who don't think Kobe Bryant is the bestest player every? Seems like the textbook definition of a bitch.

Do you worship satan?:LOL:

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Its a different game from back then. MJ is the best no doubt, but back then it was all 1 on 1 basketball. you cant do that anymore with zone defenses. You can put up a wall now and you either have to shoot over it or pass the ball. Well, you could take the offensive foul and that has happened alot to the Lakers who try to drive in. MJ maybe shouldnt have gave up that kind of lead, but he would have to be a jump shooter its much much tougher in the NBA now to drive to the basket with zone defense.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2008, 03:43 PM

I never did that. In fact as usual you couldn't be further from the truth. I would agree there is no way you can call Kobe the GOAT, especially at this time. He has a long ways to go to attempt to hit that. Don't let the facts stop your bitter tirade though. LMAO

Do you worship satan?:LOL:

What's funny is he used to be a pretty good poster. I think something has to be going on with him personally. His hatred for the whole world just oozes out of his pores lately. I kind of feel sorry for the guy.

munkey
06-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Its a different game from back then. MJ is the best no doubt, but back then it was all 1 on 1 basketball. you cant do that anymore with zone defenses. You can put up a wall now and you either have to shoot over it or pass the ball. Well, you could take the offensive foul and that has happened alot to the Lakers who try to drive in. MJ maybe shouldnt have gave up that kind of lead, but he would have to be a jump shooter its much much tougher in the NBA now to drive to the basket with zone defense.

STOP....

How old are you? Your statement makes no sense what so ever.

Back in the day? Good lord...I personally watched Jordan get HAMMERED by the pistons back "in the day" and the game was MUCH more physical.

The NBA is now a "ticky-tac foul" league...I haven't seen a HARD foul yet this series.

SPATCH
06-16-2008, 04:28 PM

dude, the NBA instated the defensive three seconds rule to get rid of zone defense.

no one plays a true zone in the NBA. its not allowed.

kobe has just as much a chance to drive the lane as MJ did.

ChiefsFanatic
06-16-2008, 05:01 PM
STOP....

How old are you? Your statement makes no sense what so ever.

Back in the day? Good lord...I personally watched Jordan get HAMMERED by the pistons back "in the day" and the game was MUCH more physical.

The NBA is now a "ticky-tac foul" league...I haven't seen a HARD foul yet this series.

I was saying that free-agency has taken away some aggressiveness in the play-offs. The one possession I was referring to was when Radmonovich went to the hole in game 4, and 4 Celtics went with him, and he just layed it up without being touched. At this point the Celtics were down bigtime.

In the past, someone would have taken his head off, but now players think that maybe next year they will be on that team, or playing with that player, so they just don't do it.

Down 20, the 1988 Pistons, or the 1991 Bulls, or the 1987 Celtics would have hammered him and started a brawl. Not now.

Earlier this year, Denver was killing Seattle by, what?, 50 points, and were still jacking up threes, and making highlight reel dunks. The Sonics just took it. In the past, a team would have had more pride, and would have made sure that Denver understood that they needed to knock it off.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-16-2008, 05:34 PM

Foul.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-16-2008, 05:39 PM

For those that are informed, I believe the rule is called "reaching in" which is a foul. :)

L.A. Chieffan
06-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Kobe scored 81.

MJ ever score 81?

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 05:55 PM
For those that are informed, I believe the rule is called "reaching in" which is a foul. :)

For your uninformed ass. Reaching in isnt even a NBA rule.

# "Reaching in" is a foul. Reality: Reaching in is not a foul. The term is nowhere to be found in any rulebook. Why? There must be contact to have a foul. The mere act of "reaching in," by itself, is nothing. If contact does occur, it is either a holding foul or a pushing foul.

http://www.nba.com/jrnba/officials/officials_guide_section15.html

little jacob
06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
this says: http://www.nba.com/jrnba/officials/officials_guide_section15.html

Seven Basketball Rules Myths
"Reaching in" is a foul. Reality: Reaching in is not a foul. The term is nowhere to be found in any rulebook. Why? There must be contact to have a foul. The mere act of "reaching in," by itself, is nothing. If contact does occur, it is either a holding foul or a pushing foul.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Kobe scored 81.

MJ ever score 81?

Against the MIGHTY FIERCE TORONTO RAPTORS!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
For your uninformed ass. Reaching in isnt even a NBA rule.

http://www.nba.com/jrnba/officials/officials_guide_section15.html

Whatever, everyone knows the refs will call anything, anytime, anywhere. They are worthless shits.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Whatever, everyone knows the refs will call anything, anytime, anywhere. They are worthless shits.

NO shit. Lakers been getting shafted the whole series down low, but i only really thought game 2 was ****ed off. I am ok with the rest, but if i wanted to be nit picky its out there.

In the end they got the call right. Clean pick, Steal number 5 for Kobe that game. He actually had 2 critical steals of Pierce at the end.

HypnotizedMonkey
06-16-2008, 06:28 PM
That steal actually looked like a Black Mamba striking... well, I would imagine that's what it would look like.
not enough contact to call a foul..pretty much all ball.. but the way they've been calling this series it was REAL close to being a foul. KG missed 2 freethrows too.. so that's homecourt advantage for the Lakers kicking in there at the end.. I'm sure it was Phil's big scheme to tire Paul Pierce out by letting him get to the rim almost every time he had the ball.. then at the end of the game, he's too winded to run from the Black Mamba.
Boston got 1 in LA, really all they needed. I'm sure it will be more awesome to kick the living sh!t out of them in game 6 IN BOSTON. It's gonna be nuts.
The real question is, how much is Stern offering Danny Ainge to throw this game 6 to force a game 7? $$$
Kobe is the best player in the NBA and probably half of yalls' father.

Spott
06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Kobe scored 81.

MJ ever score 81?

MJ never let a 24 point lead slip away in the finals, either. Nor was he the second best player on his team like Kobe was when he won his 3 championships.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-16-2008, 06:30 PM
NO shit. Lakers been getting shafted the whole series down low, but i only really thought game 2 was ****ed off. I am ok with the rest, but if i wanted to be nit picky its out there.

In the end they got the call right. Clean pick, Steal number 5 for Kobe that game. He actually had 2 critical steals of Pierce at the end.

It's all irrelevant anyway.

Pierce is taking this one, and he has played better than Kobe this series.

Kobe is the best in the NBA right now, but that's not saying much. Watered down soft drink=the NBA right now.

little jacob
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM
bryant is going to have that label until he wins without shaq. i believe he will do it but not this year.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 06:45 PM
It's all irrelevant anyway.

Pierce is taking this one, and he has played better than Kobe this series.

Kobe is the best in the NBA right now, but that's not saying much. Watered down soft drink=the NBA right now.
I would say there is more talented players in the NBA right now then in the 90's. Who did Jordan face in the East in the play offs that were really a threat? The Knicks with Ewing? They had some other lame ass cast offs. Or we can go with Cleveland and Brad Doughrity, Mark Price and Craig Ehlo? Oh wait, we can go with Reggie Miller and ughh, thats pretty much it. lol Its all subjective man.

OnTheWarpath58
06-16-2008, 06:54 PM
MJ never let a 24 point lead slip away in the finals, either. Nor was he the second best player on his team like Kobe was when he won his 3 championships.

I'll take "Put that in your pipe and smoke it," for $1000, Alex.

Rep.

Spott
06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I would say there is more talented players in the NBA right now then in the 90's. Who did Jordan face in the East in the play offs that were really a threat? The Knicks with Ewing? They had some other lame ass cast offs. Or we can go with Cleveland and Brad Doughrity, Mark Price and Craig Ehlo? Oh wait, we can go with Reggie Miller and ughh, thats pretty much it. lol Its all subjective man.

They also beat the Pistons with Dumars, Rodman, Isaiah, Laimbeer who came 1 game away from winning 3 championships in a row. Those Bulls teams also beat teams that included Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Magic Johnson and Shaq.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 07:40 PM
They also beat the Pistons with Dumars, Rodman, Isaiah, Laimbeer who came 1 game away from winning 3 championships in a row. Those Bulls teams also beat teams that included Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Magic Johnson and Shaq.

Didnt you point out where i said in the East. Also the Pistons got old as well. Not taking anything away from 6 Rings, that shit was freaking impressive. There are a ton of good teams in the NBA right now. There is ALOT of talent out there as well. IMO more then there was in the 90's.

Chief Faithful
06-16-2008, 07:44 PM
dude, the NBA instated the defensive three seconds rule to get rid of zone defense.

no one plays a true zone in the NBA. its not allowed.

kobe has just as much a chance to drive the lane as MJ did.

Actually, I think it is easier to drive the lane now because of the stupid no charging zone under the basket.

Chiefspants
06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm really just pissed at the whole NBA right now, I've never really watched it because the refs don't do anything, (I do love college B-Ball though) but this new report coming from the ref (that gambled on games that he was working.) Stating that playoff games are fixed, now, I know he may not be the most credible source, but when looking at that Lakers-Spurs playoff game 6, (Where the lakers show about 30 ft's in the fourth quarter) the whole NBA seems like Professional Wrestling now, the news about ignoring the superstars in no surprise.
I do gotta say that in this final I am rooting for the Celtics, Gotta root for the KU grad (Pierce) and I've always liked Garnett.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 07:47 PM
If that was the case the Spurs wouldnt have won their championships. They are HORRIBLE to watch.

Chiefspants
06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Nothing like Duncan backing up to the basket then finishing it with his signature hook.

CoMoChief
06-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Nothing like Duncan backing up to the basket then finishing it with his signature hook.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
TIM DUNCAN IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!

Simply Red
06-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Kobe is a super role-model. I just love him!

Skip Towne
06-16-2008, 08:40 PM

I want to grow up and be just like him.

L.A. Chieffan
06-16-2008, 08:43 PM

ROFLROFL You think Shaq is a better player than Kobe??

HAHA shows how much you know about basketball which is in line with the rest of this forum. Stick with football fellas.

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 08:46 PM
I want to grow up and be just like him.

Yeah, who doesnt want a bank account of about 200 million dollars with a hot as Mexican wife and 2 kids. Make your money by playing a game you play as a kid.

Skip Towne
06-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah, who doesnt want a bank account of about 200 million dollars with a hot as Mexican wife and 2 kids. Make your money by playing a game you play as a kid.

I need pics of the wife.

ChiefsFanatic
06-16-2008, 10:40 PM

HAHA shows how much you know about basketball which is in line with the rest of this forum. Stick with football fellas.

Are you efffing kidding? You think Kobe was the better player when the Lakers won their championships? Shaq has been to the Finals with three teams, two of those teams much less talented than the current Laker team. Shaq dominated the center position almost his entire career. Kobe is getting outplayed by Paul Pierce. Shaq was never outplayed at his position in the Finals.

Kobe is better now, but in their prime Shaq was better and was more dominant. Maybe you should stick with football. Oh wait, I did not read the whole thread....are you one of the nutjobs that think Kobe is as good as MJ?

Spott
06-16-2008, 11:08 PM

Shaq was the more dominant player on the Lakers when they won 3 championships, but he isn't the better player now. Shaq was the leading scorer and rebounder on the Lakers during all 3 of their Championship seasons from 2000-2002 while playing less minutes per game than Kobe. Maybe I should stick to football because I guess the only thing I know are meaningless facts.

Sure-Oz
06-16-2008, 11:38 PM

Im sure that chick in colorado or whatever thinks hes the bomb

Sure-Oz
06-16-2008, 11:38 PM
TIM DUNCAN IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!

Most unexciting player ever

Chiefs Pantalones
06-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Im sure that chick in colorado or whatever thinks hes the bomb

She can go around and brag that she got rapped by a baller.

wow, that isn't as funny as I thought it would sound. ummmm...carry on...

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 11:55 PM
I need pics of the wife.

http://www.blacksportsonline.com/images/vanessa2.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fcFaFjacD4pJ/610x.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/TUFguyzWERpink/stand-by-man-kobe-400.jpg

Sure-Oz
06-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Seriously, why was he ****ing around on her? old news i know

Chiefs Pantalones
06-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Because he's a worthless narcissistic piece of shit human being.

Good ball player though.

Fruit Ninja
06-17-2008, 12:18 AM

He was young and he made a huge mistake. People make them all the time, but she wasnt stupid enough to leave someone that will more then likely be worth a half a billion dollars when he retires.

Guru
06-17-2008, 12:24 AM
I just don't like the Lakers. heh

Tribal Warfare
06-17-2008, 12:25 AM
The reason why I don't like Kobe is because he's an asshole

BWillie
06-17-2008, 01:34 AM

I bet 70% of all men that have been married over five years have cheated on their wives at some point or another. Probably a little less with women because they don't use prostitution like men do, but not much. It's not natural for any human being to be monogamous. There are many studies on this. I don't know why we try to be. You can still love one person for your entire life, and want to screw other chicks that you think are just hot. I'm sure Kobe still loves his wife a great deal, but has sexual urges. If you don't have as many options like most married men, it's alot easier for you to say you would never cheat.

Can you imagine if you were Kobe Bryant or any other high profile athlete? Everywhere you go you have hot chicks just flinging their selves at you without you even have to work for it at all. I can't even imagine how difficult that would if you are married, on the road and lonely for much of the year.

Guru
06-17-2008, 01:44 AM
I bet 70% of all men that have been married over five years have cheated on their wives at some point or another. Probably a little less with women because they don't use prostitution like men do, but not much. It's not natural for any human being to be monogamous. There are many studies on this. I don't know why we try to be. You can still love one person for your entire life, and want to screw other chicks that you think are just hot. I'm sure Kobe still loves his wife a great deal, but has sexual urges. If you don't have as many options like most married men, it's alot easier for you to say you would never cheat.

Can you imagine if you were Kobe Bryant or any other high profile athlete? Everywhere you go you have hot chicks just flinging their selves at you without you even have to work for it at all. I can't even imagine how difficult that would if you are married, on the road and lonely for much of the year.
:eek::shake:

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Because he's a worthless narcissistic piece of shit human being.

Good ball player though.

Just like MJ.

He cheated on his wife more than Wilt Chamberlain had women.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 01:52 AM

Dude, you are so out of your freakin' mind it's ridiculous.

Are you for real? Seriously. You post such dumb ****ing shit.

From stupid ass comments like this to "people should only spend $2000 on a car".

JFC.

I can't figure out if you're a dumbass or a comedian.

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 02:13 AM

I believe it is hard-coded in the males DNA to procreate. It is not an act of species propagation to be monogamous.

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 02:14 AM

From stupid ass comments like this to "people should only spend $2000 on a car".

JFC.

Why is what he said crazy? Please see my post #161.

BWillie
06-17-2008, 02:20 AM

JFC.

According to http://www.infidelityfacts.com/infidelity-statistics.html...
74% Percentage of men say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught

68% Percentage of women who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught

I've looked a numerous other infidelity statistics from other resources as well and that looks about right.

You can also look up a lot of literature from science, medical, and psychological journals that suggest that monogamy is not natural. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong. Maybe you are confusing social monogamy and sexual monogamy. Social monogamy would be the physical association, love, and child rearing between a male and female. Doesn't really have to do with the sexual urges that are imprinted biologically into the DNA of most males.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Real men don't cheat.

PERIOD.

Many things are "hard coded" into our "DNA".

That doesn't mean that we act on those urges.

It's called civilization for a reason.

If we all acted like animals, our world wouldn't exist as it does.

LAME ****ing excuse.

"Eww, I cheated because I'm a man and it's in my DNA".

Bull. ****ing. Shit.

Personal responsiblity, mother****ers

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Real men don't cheat.

PERIOD.

LAME ****ing excuse

If you believe in Adam and Eve, then it is a good thing monogamy wasn't the norm then, and if you believe in good old fashion evolution, well it is still lucky for us that having sex with just one partner didn't catch on so quickly.

Guru
06-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Real men don't cheat.

PERIOD.

LAME ****ing excuse.

"Eww, I cheated because I'm a man and it's in my DNA".

Bull. ****ing. Shit.

Personal responsiblity, mother****ers

:clap::clap::clap:

The thought that people are trying to substantiate that it is OK is ridiculous.

BWillie
06-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Real men don't cheat.

PERIOD.

I don't think people should cheat either, and that is how we are raised and brought up in our idea of right and wrong. Statistics say by far and large they do which suggests even with how much society looks down on infidelity, many still risk doing it despite the consequences. Imagine if our culture was more like it was thousands of years ago. Many males that accumulated wealth had a ton of wives and I read somewhere that 85% of cultures favored polygamy. There would be even more infidelity.

That is why I don't really have long term relationships. Because if I did I would just hurt someone else. Better than getting in a relationship and just cheating on her. I do think though if you decide to get married and in a committed relationship you shouldn't cheat at all, but that is easier said than done for most married folks throughout the duration.

Guru
06-17-2008, 02:30 AM
If you believe in Adam and Eve, then it is a good thing monogamy wasn't the norm then, and if you believe in good old fashion evolution, well it is still lucky for us that having sex with just one partner didn't catch on so quickly.

I call it progress.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 02:37 AM
I don't think people should cheat either, and that is how we are raised and brought up in our idea of right and wrong. Statistics say by far and large they do which suggests even with how much society looks down on infidelity, many still risk doing it despite the consequences. Imagine if our culture was more like it was thousands of years ago. Many males that accumulated wealth had a ton of wives and I read somewhere that 85% of cultures favored polygamy. There would be even more infidelity.

That is why I don't really have long term relationships. Because if I did I would just hurt someone else. Better than getting in a relationship and just cheating on her. I do think though if you decide to get married and in a committed relationship you shouldn't cheat at all, but that is easier said than done for most married folks throughout the duration.

Bottom line:

Date. Have fun. **** your brains out. It's all good, we all know the rules.

Marriage, OTOH, is a different situation. DO NOT get married unless you're ready to have children with your SO. **** around, ascend in your career, travel, learn a new language - whatever. Have the time of your life.

But when it comes time to "get serious", make sure you're just as serious about your choice of mates as you've been with everything else in your life. Don't base it on sex. Don't base it on "beauty'. Base it on the fact that you LOVE that person and won't have a problem spending the rest of your life with them.

Be careful. Be safe. Be smart.

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 02:38 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

The thought that people are trying to substantiate that it is OK is ridiculous.

I am not saying it is OK at all. I am saying that monogamy is cerebral.

ce·re·bral - Pronunciation [suh-ree-bruhl]
betraying or characterized by the use of the intellect rather than intuition or instinct

Fruit Ninja
06-17-2008, 02:40 AM
I dont think its ok, but it happens alot. We are human we make mistakes. I know on internet messageboards everyone is perfect or close to it.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 02:42 AM
I am not saying it is OK at all. I am saying that monogamy is cerebral.

ce·re·bral - Pronunciation [suh-ree-bruhl]
betraying or characterized by the use of the intellect rather than intuition or instinct

Duh. People make a decision to cheat.

That doesn't mean that the decision is based on logic, or it's affect on your SO or your family or your children or your job.

People are ****ing stupid. **** and suck your brains out while you're single.

Never betray the one you marry. OR your children.

Of COURSE, it's a conscious decision.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 02:45 AM
I dont think its ok, but it happens alot. We are human we make mistakes. I know on internet messageboards everyone is perfect or close to it.

Sorry, Dude, pulling the "I'm only human card" is ****ing bullshit.

Real men of honor don't betray loved ones.

YOU make a commitment, YOU stick with it, through thick or thin, money or no money, kids or no kids, life or death.

Would you expect less of your parents?

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Duh. People make a decision to cheat.

That doesn't mean that the decision is based on logic, or it's affect on your SO or your family or your children or your job.

People are ****ing stupid. **** and suck your brains out while you're single.

Never betray the one you marry. OR your children.

Of COURSE, it's a conscious decision.

I never said I condone it, or that people who cheat are free and clear because of DNA or instinct. My point was that there may be factors outside of choice that lead men (and women) to have multiple partners, regardless of marriage.

I know it sounds like an excuse, but at one point, if every woman in the village was not pregnant, given the mortality rate of the times, then the village was not going to survive and prosper.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 02:54 AM
I never said I condone it, or that people who cheat are free and clear because of DNA or instinct. My point was that there may be factors outside of choice that lead men (and women) to have multiple partners, regardless of marriage.

I know it sounds like an excuse, but at one point, if every woman in the village was not pregnant, given the mortality rate of the times, then the village was not going to survive and prosper.

Yeah and at one time, women were burned as witches for having an opinion. And people were burned at the stake for ideas outside the Catholic Church.

And slavery was condoned and practiced. And the world was flat.

Need I go on?

J.

F.

C.

Guru
06-17-2008, 02:59 AM
I just do my best to follow the 10 Commandments. Pretty much covers everything.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 03:00 AM
I just do my best to follow the 10 Commandments. Pretty much covers everything.

What are these "Commandments?" you speak of?

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Yeah and at one time, women were burned as witches for having an opinion. And people were burned at the stake for ideas outside the Catholic Church.

And slavery was condoned and practiced. And the world was flat.

Need I go on?

J.

F.

C.

Look, I was trying to keep it nice and simple, but if I have to hit you over the head with an M.A. in Anthropology, I will.

No, wait, I should not hit you over the head. Using violence to solve arguments is wrong, even though it is man's base instinct. Instinct bad, emotional rationalization good.

Guru
06-17-2008, 03:03 AM
What are these "Commandments?" you speak of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Something like that.

I need to work harder on the taking the Lords name in vain though. The Chiefs make that extremely hard though. :D

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Look, I was trying to keep it nice and simple, but if I have to hit you over the head with an M.A. in Anthropology, I will.

No, wait, I should not hit you over the head. Using violence to solve arguments is wrong, even though it is man's base instinct. Instinct bad, emotional rationalization good.

Ah.

Now I know why you're out of work, Mr. Ross Gellar.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

(PS - j/k about the out of work thing. My advice: Move the **** out of Missouri).

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 03:05 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Something like that.

I need to work harder on the taking the Lords name in vain though. The Chiefs make that extremely hard though. :D

Just kidding, Bro.

Believe it or not, DaneMcCloud went to Catholic school for a short time and was an Altar boy.

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Ah.

Now I know why you're out of work, Mr. Ross Gellar.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

(PS - j/k about the out of work thing. My advice: Move the **** out of Missouri).

Hey, WE WERE ON A BREAK!

Guru
06-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Just kidding, Bro.

Believe it or not, DaneMcCloud went to Catholic school for a short time and was an Altar boy.

I knew you were kidding. Thought it needed to be posted anyway considering the subject matter though. You just gave me the excuse. heh

Guru
06-17-2008, 03:08 AM
Hey, WE WERE ON A BREAK!

I just watched the ep the other day. So funny when she wrote the letter to him.ROFL

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2008, 03:11 AM
I just watched the ep the other day. So funny when she wrote the letter to him.ROFL

That show was one of my guilty pleasures. I hated what the writers did to the characters during the last season and a half.

Guru
06-17-2008, 03:13 AM
That show was one of my guilty pleasures. I hated what the writers did to the characters during the last season and a half.

Yeah, I loved the first 4 seasons. After that, I lost interest.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Just like MJ.

He cheated on his wife more than Wilt Chamberlain had women.

Oh I know man, it's all good. I'm not arguing who is the better person, everyone knows most of these guys are worthless human beings. Not all, but most celebs and ballers are. I'm not one of those people that thinks all celebs and ballers and all of Hollywood is bad, but realistically most are. You probably know more about those idiots than anyone being in the business out there. I'm saying MJ is a better baller, both are well documented in the worthless human being category, no joke, and this is coming from a Bulls fan, but I hold no bias when it comes to morals, both lack. :toast:

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh I know man, it's all good. I'm not arguing who is the better person, everyone knows most of these guys are worthless human beings. Not all, but most celebs and ballers are. I'm not one of those people that thinks all celebs and ballers and all of Hollywood is bad, but realistically most are. You probably know more about those idiots than anyone being in the business out there. I'm saying MJ is a better baller, both are well documented in the worthless human being category, no joke, and this is coming from a Bulls fan, but I hold no bias when it comes to morals, both lack. :toast:

I guess the bottom line is that it's a shame that we can't admire people for more than just their superior genetics.

Common sense and morality aren't DNA coded.

Simply Red
06-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't appreciate all of the negativity coming out of this thread. Kobe is a superstar! And a very nice poster boy for `good image`.

Fruit Ninja
06-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Sorry, Dude, pulling the "I'm only human card" is ****ing bullshit.

Real men of honor don't betray loved ones.

YOU make a commitment, YOU stick with it, through thick or thin, money or no money, kids or no kids, life or death.

Would you expect less of your parents?

Well, my parents havent been together since i was 13 becuase my dad is a bad bad person. He's done so much wrong in his life, but it is what itis. I forgave him and actually is staying with me right now. I dont hold no ill will towards what he has done to us. It happened, its time to move on from that. Hell, i still took his ass out to dinner on fathers day when he shouldnt ever be rewarded for that day. Thats just the type of person i am though.

I have done alot wrong in my life, not to the extent of cheating on someone i really cared for, but again. We all are young and all make mistakes, but if you can learn from them mistakes, i am ok with it.

Amnorix
06-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Not sure where the original Lakers/Celtics thread went, but this seems to be the one atm.

Found out a few hours ago that I have great tickets to tonight's game! Wish the Celtics luck, cuz I'll be in the house and want to see a championship won in person (never done that before)!

vailpass
06-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Laimbeer and Sally wouldnt have did a ****ing thing. They would have what fouled hard? Lakers could do the same thing, but its not ****ing allowed anymore.

I love the Kobe hate, prove them ****ing wrong. Even if he doesnt win one this year, he has the next 4-5 years and Andrew ****ing Bynum next year. Its going to be fun to watch.

You have no concept, what are you talking about? When did you start watching NBA, 5 years ago? Kobe & Gasol push around Laimbeer and Sally? OMFG!
Kobe is a soft bitch that would have been taken out back in the day for his punk behavior on and off the court.
Love how the Kobe homers try to spin and spin in the face of yet another example of Kobe's inability to lead when the pressure is on. Kobe owes his rings to the Big Aristotle, not the other way around.

Fruit Ninja
06-22-2008, 02:08 PM
You have no concept, what are you talking about? When did you start watching NBA, 5 years ago? Kobe & Gasol push around Laimbeer and Sally? OMFG!
Kobe is a soft bitch that would have been taken out back in the day for his punk behavior on and off the court.
Love how the Kobe homers try to spin and spin in the face of yet another example of Kobe's inability to lead when the pressure is on. Kobe owes his rings to the Big Aristotle, not the other way around.

People get all stupid with the 80's style of ball. If it was played today. YES all play the same. You ever seen John ****ing Salley? He's about 3 lb's heavier then Pau Gasol. Lambeer was just a tubby bastard that fouled hard. Lamar Odom is from the streets. I am sure he can handle himself. He grew up on a tough Neighborhood in New York.

Some ****ing people are clueless i swear when it comes to eras. So they didnt win it this year, big deal. They were not even supposed to be a .500 team this year. They over-achieved big time. Yes, Kobe does owe his rings to Shaq. Shaq was the man and KOBE was what 21-22 and 23 when he won. Or 20-21-22. Anyways, there is no way a kid that young is going to lead their team to a title. Lebron came close, but still no dice. Swept in the finals.

*edit* hahah. Pau is 20 lbs heavier then Spider Salley.! oooooh. Be skurred.

Comparing era's is goofy though. Game is played alot differently. Different rules. 80's imo are over rated. They had some good players, but the talent is better now.

Brock
06-22-2008, 02:17 PM
After watching that series, I stand by what I said. Great player, but he's not exactly Mr. Clutch.

Amnorix
06-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Kobe scored 81.

MJ ever score 81?

WTF cares? What does scoring 81 have to do with anything? There is a HELL of a lot more to basketball than scoring. Bill Russell never averaged all that many points, but he was one of the greatest basketball players ever. Oscar Robertson -- same thing.

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2008, 04:16 PM
WTF cares? What does scoring 81 have to do with anything? There is a HELL of a lot more to basketball than scoring. Bill Russell never averaged all that many points, but he was one of the greatest basketball players ever. Oscar Robertson -- same thing.

No shit.

Kobe scored 81 because he's a ****ing ball hog.

Christ, Jordan made ****sticks like Pippen, Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley and John Paxson look like world-beaters.

Which one of Bryant's teammates has he made better?

The answer is a nice, round number...

Midnight_Vulture
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Kobe loves them white women.

L.A. Chieffan
06-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Big O averaged almost 26 points in a 14 year career.

Another dumbass that things he knows about basketball but has no clue.

L.A. Chieffan
06-22-2008, 05:02 PM
No shit.

Kobe scored 81 because he's a ****ing ball hog.

Christ, Jordan made ****sticks like Pippen, Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley and John Paxson look like world-beaters.

Which one of Bryant's teammates has he made better?

The answer is a nice, round number...

Pippen was a ****stick? ROFL You guys should just quit while you're ahead.

PGM
06-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Ya, I think Pippen was named one of the 50 greatest players of all time and had some damn good seasons during Jordan's retiremtent. I do agree with his overall point about Jordan making his teammates better though.

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Pippen was a ****stick? ROFL You guys should just quit while you're ahead.

Ya, I think Pippen was named one of the 50 greatest players of all time and had some damn good seasons during Jordan's retiremtent. I do agree with his overall point about Jordan making his teammates better though.

Yeah, I knew I'd catch heat for including Pippen - but there's no way in eleventy billion years that Pippen is named on of the 50 Greatest Players if he plays with anyone OTHER than Jordan.

He made poor players average, and average players great.

Kobe does neither.

Amnorix
06-22-2008, 07:19 PM

I'd forgotten that he averaged so many. You're right that he's a bad example, and yet the point remains. I see you decided to whistle past the graveyard on Bill Russell.

Fine, forget the Big O. Go with John Stockton, who never averaged more than 18 a season, and averaged about 13 for his career. Yet as the NBA's all-time leader in assists and steals, was still one of it's all time greatest players.

Amnorix
06-22-2008, 07:34 PM

So I looked up Kobe's stats and Jordan's stats, and you've got a pretty good argument for how Kobe might be as good as Jordan.

Jordan averaged 5 more points, an extra rebound, an extra assist, and an extra half-steal while having a higher shooting percentage and higher free throw shooting percentage than Kobe. Kobe was better than Jordan at precisely nothing.

Meanwhile, I note that Jordan's lifetime playoff statistics were either the same as, or HIGHER than, his regular season statistics in every category worth mentioning. This is partly a function of playing 3 more minutes per playoff game compared to regular season games.

Kobe, meanwhile, was either the same as, or slightly DOWN, in every category except blocked shots, which went up a completely insignificant 0.10 per game (1/1th of one block), even though he also averaged nearly 3 more minutes per playoff game versus regular season game.

So other than the lying eyes of everyone on this board who will tell you that Kobe can't hold a Jordan's jock, you also have all those damn lying statistics to deal with.

Sorry, you lose.

Broncos suck!
06-22-2008, 07:37 PM
So I looked up Kobe's stats and Jordan's stats, and you've got a pretty good argument for how Kobe might be as good as Jordan.

Jordan averaged 5 more points, an extra rebound, an extra assist, and an extra half-steal while having a higher shooting percentage and higher free throw shooting percentage than Kobe. Kobe was better than Jordan at precisely nothing.

Meanwhile, I note that Jordan's lifetime playoff statistics were either the same as, or HIGHER than, his regular season statistics in every category worth mentioning. This is partly a function of playing 3 more minutes per playoff game compared to regular season games.

Kobe, meanwhile, was either the same as, or slightly DOWN, in every category except blocked shots, which went up a completely insignificant 0.10 per game (1/1th of one block), even though he also averaged nearly 3 more minutes per playoff game versus regular season game.

So other than the lying eyes of everyone on this board who will tell you that Kobe can't hold a Jordan's jock, you also have all those damn lying statistics to deal with.

Sorry, you lose.

NYG 17 NE 14 ROFL

Amnorix
06-22-2008, 07:46 PM
NYG 17 NE 14 ROFL

Three Super Bowls, 2 World Series championships and 1 NBA Finals championship in the last 6 years makes this a pretty hollow effort on your part. :p

L.A. Chieffan
06-22-2008, 09:32 PM

Sorry, you lose.

I never said Kobe was better than Jordan.

You lose in life.

vailpass
06-23-2008, 06:30 AM
People get all stupid with the 80's style of ball. If it was played today. YES all play the same. You ever seen John ****ing Salley? He's about 3 lb's heavier then Pau Gasol. Lambeer was just a tubby bastard that fouled hard. Lamar Odom is from the streets. I am sure he can handle himself. He grew up on a tough Neighborhood in New York.

Some ****ing people are clueless i swear when it comes to eras. So they didnt win it this year, big deal. They were not even supposed to be a .500 team this year. They over-achieved big time. Yes, Kobe does owe his rings to Shaq. Shaq was the man and KOBE was what 21-22 and 23 when he won. Or 20-21-22. Anyways, there is no way a kid that young is going to lead their team to a title. Lebron came close, but still no dice. Swept in the finals.

*edit* hahah. Pau is 20 lbs heavier then Spider Salley.! oooooh. Be skurred.

Comparing era's is goofy though. Game is played alot differently. Different rules. 80's imo are over rated. They had some good players, but the talent is better now.

You could have saved a lot of time by simply typing "no, I am not familiar with any other eras of the NBA". If you think Gasol being heavier makes him meaner/tougher than Sally or anyone else that tells me all I need to know.

Amnorix
06-23-2008, 06:47 AM
I never said Kobe was better than Jordan.

You lose in life.

Well, first you thought it was a joke that someone MIGHT think Kobe wasn't as good as Shaq (when it's obvious to everyone that Shaq in his prime > Kobe

and then you post this dumbass useless stat

Kobe scored 81.

MJ ever score 81?

I'm glad to see, however, that your head isn't inserted so far into your anal cavity that you think Kobe > MJ.

the Talking Can
06-23-2008, 06:48 AM
You could have saved a lot of time by simply typing "no, I am not familiar with any other eras of the NBA". If you think Gasol being heavier makes him meaner/tougher than Sally or anyone else that tells me all I need to know.

that Detroit team would prison rape these Lakers....good grief, Laimber would humiliate a panzy like Gasol...

vailpass
06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
that Detroit team would prison rape these Lakers....good grief, Laimber would humiliate a panzy like Gasol...

Thank God, here is someone who saw an NBA game prior to 1995. I would LOVE to see Kobe and the girls against the Bad Boys. JV vs. Varsity.

L.A. Chieffan
06-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm glad to see, however, that your head isn't inserted so far into your anal cavity that you think Kobe > MJ.

Again, MJ is the best all around player to play the game. The End. No argument.

The problem I have is peoples irrational hatred towards Kobe and then the automatic comparisons by MJ supporters ready to pounce on him at the first chance they get. I see that usually the people to bring up the MJ vs. Kobe argument are MJ defenders, not the other way around. Paranoia perhaps?

L.A. Chieffan
06-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Well, first you thought it was a joke that someone MIGHT think Kobe wasn't as good as Shaq (when it's obvious to everyone that Shaq in his prime > Kobe

Here is where your stupidity and ignorance of the NBA shines again. You argued earlier that there's more to the game than just scoring. Well if there's ever been a more one-dimensional player than Shaq let me know. All he has (had) is size, that's it. He only played against one elite center his entire career and was completely owned by Hakeem in the Finals. Olajuwan made him his bitch. Christ, Ben Wallace schooled him all day in the Finals a few years ago.

He's WAY below average defensively for his size (never made 1st team All-Defensive team which for such a DOMINANT player is a ****ing joke). Same with boards. His FT shooting his HORRENDOUS as every one knows, and his work ethic is horrible, consistently showing up every year out of shape and/or injured and then complained about contract etc... etc.......

And the Kobe never won anything before Shaq argument is lame because Shaq never won anything before Kobe either! Getting dominated by the Rockets in the Finals.

Please, please, please just stay in your little Boston myopic sports world and stop making yourself look so foolish.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Again, MJ is the best all around player to play the game. The End. No argument.

The problem I have is peoples irrational hatred towards Kobe and then the automatic comparisons by MJ supporters ready to pounce on him at the first chance they get. I see that usually the people to bring up the MJ vs. Kobe argument are MJ defenders, not the other way around. Paranoia perhaps?

You've got it wrong it's the Kobe people who are always trying to make the argument for him being better than Jordan. Nice try.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Here is where your stupidity and ignorance of the NBA shines again. You argued earlier that there's more to the game than just scoring. Well if there's ever been a more one-dimensional player than Shaq let me know. All he has (had) is size, that's it. He only played against one elite center his entire career and was completely owned by Hakeem in the Finals. Olajuwan made him his bitch. Christ, Ben Wallace schooled him all day in the Finals a few years ago.

He's WAY below average defensively for his size (never made 1st team All-Defensive team which for such a DOMINANT player is a ****ing joke). Same with boards. His FT shooting his HORRENDOUS as every one knows, and his work ethic is horrible, consistently showing up every year out of shape and/or injured and then complained about contract etc... etc.......

And the Kobe never won anything before Shaq argument is lame because Shaq never won anything before Kobe either! Getting dominated by the Rockets in the Finals.

Please, please, please just stay in your little Boston myopic sports world and stop making yourself look so foolish.

Shaq made Kobe. The Lakers would have won their titles with Shaq and no Kobe, but wouldn't have with Kobe and no Shaq.

Amnorix
06-23-2008, 07:47 PM

ROFL

Seriously, you're incredible.

Shaq has won a Finals without Kobe. That's a one way street at the moment.

Shaq was a 3 time second team all-NBA defensive player, so you certainly can't say his defense sucks. His 11.5 rebounds per game over his career is certainly solid enough (slightly better than Kareem, just shy of Tim Duncan).

And his performance in the clutch (3 Finals MVPs) can hardly be contested. Kobe, meanwhile, has all of his stats go DOWN in the playoffs, despite averaging 3 extra minutes per game in the playoffs. Not exactly clutch...

You just keep digging your grave deeper. I'm not really even sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

Fruit Ninja
06-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Shaq made Kobe. The Lakers would have won their titles with Shaq and no Kobe, but wouldn't have with Kobe and no Shaq.

I seriously doubt it. You could NOT count on Shaq to make free throws at the end of the game when he had too. Why the hell do you think they have the Hack a Shaq deal going on. Snaq could not do it on his own. He's not supposed to though. Just like EVERY team, you need help. If there was no Kobe who would Snaq depend on? Ron Harper? Rick Fox? Mark Madsen? Glen Rice? Maybe if Rice was in his prime, but he was at the end of the ropes when he got to L.A.

Great players still need help.

Since the 80's all the big dynasty or so teams have all had good "teams".

Magic/Kareem/Worthy
Bird/Ainge/Mchale.
Thomas/Dumars/Laimbeer
MJ/Pippen/Rodman
Olaijuan(i cant spell that)Drexler/Cassell and Horry.
Kobe/Shaq and role players.
Duncan/Robinson
Duncan/Ginobili/Parker

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I seriously doubt it. You could NOT count on Shaq to make free throws at the end of the game when he had too. Why the hell do you think they have the Hack a Shaq deal going on. Snaq could not do it on his own. He's not supposed to though. Just like EVERY team, you need help. If there was no Kobe who would Snaq depend on? Ron Harper? Rick Fox? Mark Madsen? Glen Rice? Maybe if Rice was in his prime, but he was at the end of the ropes when he got to L.A.

Magic/Kareem/Worthy
Bird/Ainge/Mchale.
Thomas/Dumars/Laimbeer
MJ/Pippen/Rodman
Duncan/Robinson
Duncan/Ginobili/Parker

I think they could have filled Kobe's spot with any other decent player and still won.

Amnorix
06-23-2008, 07:55 PM

Magic/Kareem/Worthy
Bird/Ainge/Mchale.
Thomas/Dumars/Laimbeer
MJ/Pippen/Rodman
Duncan/Robinson
Duncan/Ginobili/Parker

One superstar has never, EVER been enough in the NBA to win it all. Russell had a number of stars around him, but always had stars. Great as he was, he wasn't going to get it done offensively to win it all.

Wilt and 4 cheerleaders never got it done. Time after time his teams crashed in the playoffs.

L.A. Chieffan
06-23-2008, 08:23 PM
You've got it wrong it's the Kobe people who are always trying to make the argument for him being better than Jordan. Nice try.

Way to back that up with absolutely nothing. I went to the beginning of this very thread were you make this claim and notice the first person who brings up MJ is somebody who thinks Kobe doesn't deserve comparison.

Nice try but you suck.

L.A. Chieffan
06-23-2008, 08:25 PM

More speculation and opinion based on pure despisal of Kobe for no reason other than dumbassery. Why don't you go back to butt****ing Ned Beatty and leave the talky-talky to regular people?

L.A. Chieffan
06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
ROFL

Seriously, you're incredible.

Shaq has won a Finals without Kobe. That's a one way street at the moment.

Shaq was a 3 time second team all-NBA defensive player, so you certainly can't say his defense sucks. His 11.5 rebounds per game over his career is certainly solid enough (slightly better than Kareem, just shy of Tim Duncan).

And his performance in the clutch (3 Finals MVPs) can hardly be contested. Kobe, meanwhile, has all of his stats go DOWN in the playoffs, despite averaging 3 extra minutes per game in the playoffs. Not exactly clutch...

You just keep digging your grave deeper. I'm not really even sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

Oooooo 2nd team defensive player. How could I have overlooked such a notable achievement? Maybe because it's a ****ing joke akin to every team being represented in an All-Star team.

I see you skipped right over the FT and fat/lazy aspects of such an amazing career. How convenient.

I'm not trying to accomplish anything other than exposing people's blind, insane, baseless, prejudice towards Kobe because they heard from their redneck cousin they're banging that he sucks.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-23-2008, 09:35 PM
To the people in this thread that are arguing for the great Michael Jordan, good work. To the idiots that think Kobe should be mentioned in the same fart as Michael Jordan, your dumbassery is beyond dumbassness. Even Kobe himself knows he's not in the same class as MJ.

little jacob
06-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Kobe, meanwhile, has all of his stats go DOWN in the playoffs, despite averaging 3 extra minutes per game in the playoffs. Not exactly clutch...

shaq isn't the player he once was for sure, but this is the most compelling argument, spotty performance when it matters most

Chiefs Pantalones
06-23-2008, 10:16 PM
sorry if re-post...

Shaq takes a freestyle swipe at Kobe

NEW YORK (AP)—Just in case anybody had forgotten that Kobe Bryant has never won an NBA title without Shaquille O’Neal, the big man sent out a reminder.

The Phoenix Suns center can be seen rapping that “Kobe couldn’t do without me” in a video posted online at celebrity news and gossip site TMZ.com

During the two-minute video, a grinning O’Neal lurches through an improvised rap in which he skewers the Lakers’ star, with whom he won three straight NBA titles from 2000-2002 while with Los Angeles.

“I was freestyling. That’s all. It was all done in fun. Nothing serious whatsoever,” O’Neal told ESPN.com Monday. “That is what MC’s do. They freestyle when called upon. I’m totally cool with Kobe. No issue at all.”

O’Neal and Bryant last played together in 2004. After a long-simmering feud came to a boil in public, O’Neal was traded to Miami before the 2004-05 season, and won an NBA championship with the Heat in 2006.

Bryant and the Lakers didn’t reach the finals again until earlier this month, when the Boston Celtics beat them 4-2.

“You know how I be,” Shaq rapped. “Last week Kobe couldn’t do without me.”

O’Neal, who has recorded seven albums, also said he is “the difference between first and last place” and even took a jab at former New York Knicks center Patrick Ewing’s lack of championship rings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-shaq-kobe-rap&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-23-2008, 10:33 PM
More speculation and opinion based on pure despisal of Kobe for no reason other than dumbassery. Why don't you go back to butt****ing Ned Beatty and leave the talky-talky to regular people?

Easy tiger wasn't trying to piss you off with my opinion.

Fruit Ninja
06-24-2008, 02:14 AM
I think they could have filled Kobe's spot with any other decent player and still won.

I seriously doubt it. Kobe they could count on at the end of games. You insert any other decent player. you cant do that.

Fruit Ninja
06-24-2008, 02:19 AM
One superstar has never, EVER been enough in the NBA to win it all. Russell had a number of stars around him, but always had stars. Great as he was, he wasn't going to get it done offensively to win it all.

Wilt and 4 cheerleaders never got it done. Time after time his teams crashed in the playoffs.

Yep, that was my point. People wanted Kobe to do it all by himself. He cant. You have to have help. This years team wasnt that team. Still to young and inexperienced. They now have that experience.

I cant wait for the season to start back up again. There is going to be some pretty damned good teams in the west again with a few teams like Dallas and Pheonix that are going to fall a bit. Teams like Portland and Golden State will take their spots.

DaneMcCloud
06-24-2008, 02:24 AM
I seriously doubt it. Kobe they could count on at the end of games. You insert any other decent player. you cant do that.

Everyone wants to compare Kobe to Michael.

Yet it took Jordan more than 7 years to win his first NBA title.

A team needed to be built around him. But of course, casual NBA fans don't know that or won't include that in their argument.

Kobe isn't Michael. He's Kobe. He's got 3 NBA rings and I'm pretty sure he'll win a few more.

But just like Jordan, he'll need a team to accomplish that feat.

CoMoChief
06-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Everyone wants to compare Kobe to Michael.

Yet it took Jordan more than 7 years to win his first NBA title.

A team needed to be built around him. But of course, casual NBA fans don't know that or won't include that in their argument.

Kobe isn't Michael. He's Kobe. He's got 3 NBA rings and I'm pretty sure he'll win a few more.

But just like Jordan, he'll need a team to accomplish that feat.

I really think they are both pretty much the same player to be honest. At least he's the closest thing to him.

Amnorix
06-24-2008, 05:46 AM
I see you skipped right over the FT and fat/lazy aspects of such an amazing career. How convenient.

:shrug: The FT thing is very well documented. It's the same problem that Wilt Chamberlain had. And Bill Russell. Not many know that he wasn't even a career 60% FT shooter. So they suck too, I guess, in your mind?

I'm not trying to accomplish anything other than exposing people's blind, insane, baseless, prejudice towards Kobe because they heard from their redneck cousin they're banging that he sucks.

She's was only my cousin by marriage...

Kobe doesn't suck. That's obvious from the many awards he's received. But I don't think he's even a top 10 all-time player, much less the GOAT. Not sure he'd even make top 25 or 50 when you count in his disruptive character.

vailpass
06-24-2008, 08:57 AM
LMAO at Laker fan spinning and burning. They thought they had a dynasty in the making and now they are the Cubs...wait til' next year.

Kobe=punk ass boy who can't rise to the occasion on the big stage and throws teamates under the bus when he is accused of rape.

Shaq=Kobe's daddy.

MJ= The Godfather, holding court on them all, laughing from above.

Chief Faithful
06-24-2008, 09:27 AM
I really think they are both pretty much the same player to be honest. At least he's the closest thing to him.

Statements like that are what get MJ fans spun up. The only thing that is similar is they can both score almost at will. If that is the only criteria then why not compare them to Alan Iverson? Of course comparing Kobe to AI is clearly stupid because they are so different in the way they played the game. MJ fans feel the Kobe comparison is just as stupid for the same reason.

Even with the same coach (Jackson) and same offense their game does not look similar. Jackson does not even use them the same way because their game is so different. Nobody dismisses Kobe because he is clearly one of the top 5 players of his generation, but the MJ comparisons are unknowing.

I lived in Chicago during the MJ years and watch almost every game many at the arena and I learned his game. When I watch Kobe, with the Lakers televised more than any other team, I have never had occassion to think they were similar.

I am hoping that Lebron James develops into a similar player, but like MJ he is developing his own style that is unique and without comparison.

vailpass
06-24-2008, 09:35 AM
When NBA players are standing around talking guy talk they all shut up when Kobe walks in the room. Then, when Kobe leaves, they start talking bout al the bitches they banged again. When you are a sell-out punk you don't have any real friends.

DT58HOF
06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Most Annoying Sports Stars:
Kobe Bryant,Lebron James,Derek Jeter, Brett Favre
and coaches Herm Edwards and Ozzie Guillen

CoMoChief
06-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Most Annoying Sports Stars:
Kobe Bryant,Lebron James,Derek Jeter, Brett Favre
and coaches Herm Edwards and Ozzie Guillen

Are you retarded???

Ari Chi3fs
06-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Kobe, Tell me how my ass tastes.

DT58HOF
06-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Are you retarded???

not that i know of, do you disagree with me? if so maybe u r retarded,lol

Newport_Chief
02-17-2009, 03:12 AM
NYG 17 NE 14 ROFL

ROFL

Molitoth
02-17-2009, 07:06 AM
If Kobe had never been accused of Rape and was a total classy guy, nobody would question his on the court skills. He is the closest player you can get to MJ, hands down.

He would be nothing without Shaq??? lol retards

Rooster
02-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes.

L.A. Chieffan
02-17-2009, 08:22 AM
aww jeebus