PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Hell Yeah, got an LCD TV for Fathers Day.

Pablo
06-15-2008, 10:28 PM
The ol' lady gave into my demands. Well, between Fathers Day, our Anniversary, and my birthday all in a one month span, she broke down and got me this bad boy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8742596&productCategoryId=abcat0101001&type=product&tab=1&id=1202648740213#productdetail

I don't actually have it yet, as the local bestbuy was back-ordered for this model, but it should be in later this week. Pretty stoked.

And I'm perfectly happy with the 32", since we have an average size living room and a very, very heavy and attractive TV armoire that will only fit a 32".

Rain Man
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Are you sure it's a TV and not a portal to an alternate universe that you could enter by just breaking the glass in the front?

Either way, it would be cool.

Pablo
06-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Are you sure it's a TV and not a portal to an alternate universe that you could enter by just breaking the glass in the front?

Either way, it would be cool.I'll go with the TV option for the time being, although the portal would be a nice touch.

Rain Man
06-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I'll go with the TV option for the time being, although the portal would be a nice touch.

Okay, but you'll feel really silly in ten years if you drop it and discover that new universe.

Guru
06-15-2008, 10:40 PM
The ol' lady gave into my demands. Well, between Fathers Day, our Anniversary, and my birthday all in a one month span, she broke down and got me this bad boy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8742596&productCategoryId=abcat0101001&type=product&tab=1&id=1202648740213#productdetail

I don't actually have it yet, as the local bestbuy was back-ordered for this model, but it should be in later this week. Pretty stoked.

And I'm perfectly happy with the 32", since we have an average size living room and a very, very heavy and attractive TV armoire that will only fit a 32".

Wow, My birthday and anniversary are this month as well. Congrats on the score dude.

I scored a blu ray player and 4 movies.

Pablo
06-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Okay, but you'll feel really silly in ten years if you drop it and discover that new universe.In ten years I'll probably be too fat and lazy to want to explore it anyways. By then I'll probably do plenty of time and space traveling via delicious tasty beer.

Pablo
06-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Wow, My birthday and anniversary are this month as well. Congrats on the score dude.

I scored a blu ray player and 4 movies.Thanks.

I'd guess now that I'm going to actually have a nice TV, I should check into a decent blu-ray player. I'm looking forward to hooking my 360 up to this bad boy. Blu-Ray players are ridiculous..good lord. Just checked them out on bestbuy.com.

Guru
06-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks.

I'd guess now that I'm going to actually have a nice TV, I should check into a decent blu-ray player. I'm looking forward to hooking my 360 up to this bad boy. Blu-Ray players are ridiculous..good lord. Just checked them out on bestbuy.com.
Just get the PS3. Completely upgradeable and you can play a few games too.

Plus, if your credit is fine, just apply for a Sony card and they will give you a $100 credit and 18 months same as cash to pay for it.

Pablo
06-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Just get the PS3. Completely upgradeable and you can play a few games too.Yeah, that would be the most practical thing to do. I'm not really a Microsoft fanboy, but I really do love my 360. I love the exclusive titles, I like the dashboard set-up, and the controllers are f*cking great.

I'm not so hot on the PS3, but the bluray player is a pretty nice option.

Guru
06-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah, that would be the most practical thing to do. I'm not really a Microsoft fanboy, but I really do love my 360. I love the exclusive titles, I like the dashboard set-up, and the controllers are f*cking great.

I'm not so hot on the PS3, but the bluray player is a pretty nice option.

It definitely will not replace my 360.:thumb:

Ari Chi3fs
06-16-2008, 02:05 AM
Heh. I got a 24inch HD flat panel for my computer today.

Wow. The internet got way cooler.

TinyEvel
06-16-2008, 10:37 AM
It definitely will not replace my 360.:thumb:

Did you get the Metal Gear bundle? or just the 40 gig.

PM me when you get on PSN and I'll add your handle (you know, if you want to branch out from the 360 Chiefs fanboy clan)

Guru
06-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Did you get the Metal Gear bundle? or just the 40 gig.

PM me when you get on PSN and I'll add your handle (you know, if you want to branch out from the 360 Chiefs fanboy clan)

just the 40. Have never liked the MGS games.

Oh, and using a small insult is not a good method for an invite. heh I post in that thread because I own a 360 not because I am a fanboy. I'll post in the PS3 thread because I own a PS3 as well. If you notice, I even post in the Wii thread. Guess what... I own a Wii.

joanna521
06-17-2008, 02:44 AM

That's the right one we plan to buy, it has some good custormer reviews, and i found it's for only $700 at a deal site

http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=108607&ru=290

Pablo
06-17-2008, 08:05 AM
That's the right one we plan to buy, it has some good custormer reviews, and i found it's for only $700 at a deal site

http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=108607&ru=290It's a beautiful set. I have sh*tty cable, and most of the channels are standard broadcast, and their "HD" channels broadcast in 480i. Then I picked up some weird extra channels from somewhere( I can only assume I'm picking up someone else's signal when my TV searced for "air" channels, because the little icon up top says DTV), because I have like 10 channels broadcasting in 1080i and they are amazingly beautiful. So amazingly beautiful I cancelled my cable service this morning and ordered DirectTV with an HD reciever.

You won't be disappointed with the way the TV looks, it's just a very attractive set with an even better picture. But you're selling yourself short with plain ol' cable. And the XBox looks super sexy as well.

I think it was around $750-800 at Best Buy.

I work for FedEx, and I see how well we handle people's $1,000 TV's, so I definately wouldn't want to ship one. I can't imagine UPS is much better, but best of luck to you.