PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV WEEDS tonight!!

Jilly
06-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Anyone else excited for the Weeds season?!!!!

Fruit Ninja
06-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Summer shows are starting up. This is great. I am excited omg omg omg. lol

ZootedGranny
06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Last season I started to lose interest because the show was all over the place, and when they killed off U-Turn, they removed one of the few interesting (albeit cartoonish) characters on the show.

I'll wait and see if this season is worth watching before I jump back into it.

Fish
06-16-2008, 05:21 PM
I watched the entire first 2 seasons online through Netflix less than a week ago... Haven't seen any of the 3rd season... but I'm hooked... Sure wish I got Showtime....

Jilly
06-17-2008, 10:19 AM
So I watched it last night...I'm not sure what I think yet since there's no action really. But I"m worried about her acting...she didn't seem "normal." I hope it gets better.

the Talking Can
07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
just watched the first episode....i like it even though it is a bit precious....

my main problem is that marry-louise parker is so hot i can't stand it....please tell me she shows some skin?

Buck
09-04-2009, 04:28 PM
the Talking Can, you get to see her naked a bunch in Season 4 and 5....

This show has definitely lost its burst.

Did anyone see the last season?

The season 5 finale was crazy.

Shane is a complete bad-ass.

Fairplay
09-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I never seen it.

Can some one give me a paragraph or so what the main story line of it is?

Buck
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
I never seen it.

Can some one give me a paragraph or so what the main story line of it is?

Widowed mother turns to selling pot to support her family and gets into all kinds of crazy situations along the way.

Hows that for a paragraph?

Fairplay
09-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks BK. Sounds like i need to rent season one.

bowener
09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks BK. Sounds like i need to rent season one.

Season one: really good (great characters and writing)

Season two: not so good (gets kind of silly and predictable)

Season three: worst season of all 5 in imho (too "whacky")

Season four: back to the writing level in season one for story telling

Season five: as good as season one possibly, or maybe b/c Ive bogged through some shitty ones it seems as good as one.

Somewhere in there was a writing strike if I remember right, maybe season 3, because it got kind of stupid and predictable and annoying.

You should rent them season by season and watch them. Episodes are only 26 minutes long so you can finish off a season in 6 hours of viewing. Each episode has at least one scene that will make you laugh pretty good though.

Halfcan
09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
great show-I will have to wait for this new season on dvd

OnTheWarpath58
06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I can't believe this show doesn't get more talk around this place.

Anyway, here's a teaser trailer for Season 6, premiering August 16th:

(I don't think it really spoils anything if you haven't seen Season 5, but proceed at you're own risk, I guess. Really just MLP in a tight, short black dress. Again, I don't think it will spoil anything, if anything, it'll make you think if you haven't seen Season 5.)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VU7autny1Mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VU7autny1Mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Fish
06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I abandoned ship after season 4.... Did it get better?

OnTheWarpath58
06-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I abandoned ship after season 4.... Did it get better?

IMO?

Oh yeah.

Definite twists and character development.

Fish
06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
IMO?

Oh yeah.

Definite twists and character development.

Cool. I'll check it out. I didn't abandon it because I thought it sucked that bad, I just lost Showtime and never found the desire to download the episodes.

Buck
06-08-2010, 05:51 PM
No, this show is not as good as season 1 and 2.

I will still watch it, but its getting pretty ridiculous.

Fish
06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
First two seasons were sooo incredible. Seriously. Just dropped significantly after that. Not unwatchable, but it definitely lost the luster...

OnTheWarpath58
06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
First two seasons were sooo incredible. Seriously. Just dropped significantly after that. Not unwatchable, but it definitely lost the luster...

True, but I think S5 makes up for it, personally.

I'd rank the seasons:

Molitoth
06-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I thought season 5 is the worst.

They found out that the show is really funny, and then they just started forcing the funny oneliners. Yes, they are funny, but when it feels forced its just not as good as it flowed in the first couple seasons.

valheru
06-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Hmmm curious if this will be sustainable for season 6.

OnTheWarpath58
06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Hmmm curious if this will be sustainable for season 6.

They got through seasons 3-4 by a fucking thread. At least now there is some serious drama to add to the storyline. I think that's part of the reason the show started turning some folks off - it started as a comedy and has slowly evolved into a comedy/drama.

They've left me wanting more, that's for sure.

Then again, I think Rescue Me is a great show, and there are a lot of people here that fucking despise it.

So what do I know? Everyone's looking for something different in their entertainment.

Buck
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM
They got through seasons 3-4 by a fucking thread. At least now there is some serious drama to add to the storyline. I think that's part of the reason the show started turning some folks off - it started as a comedy and has slowly evolved into a comedy/drama.

They've left me wanting more, that's for sure.

Then again, I think Rescue Me is a great show, and there are a lot of people here that fucking despise it.

So what do I know? Everyone's looking for something different in their entertainment.

I saw Denis Leary live the other night. Fucking hilarious.

bowener
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I've hung in there. Season 3 was fucking mega retarded and was about the death of it for me. Season 4 was stupid but better, and 5 improved greatly. I really wish they would get back to the original concepts and sticking to fucking reality. Whatever the most improbable outcome is, that is what the writers are going to pick, and it gets fucking old quick.

OnTheWarpath58
06-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I saw Denis Leary live the other night. Fucking hilarious.

Like, literally live? He did a stand-up act in SD?

If so, fuck you, I'm officially jealous.

That's one dude I'd pay extra to see, along with Louis CK.

No Cure for Cancer and Lock and Load are two of my favorite stand up acts of all time - and he owned in The Ref and has a cool role in Suicide Kings.

Buck
06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Like, literally live? He did a stand-up act in SD?

If so, fuck you, I'm officially jealous.

That's one dude I'd pay extra to see, along with Louis CK.

No Cure for Cancer and Lock and Load are two of my favorite stand up acts of all time - and he owned in The Ref and has a cool role in Suicide Kings.

Yup, live in person. It was at Humphrey's By the Bay, which made it even more awesome.

http://z.about.com/d/sandiego/1/0/3/4/humphreys_venue.jpg

It was $66 but worth it.

Also there was a couple other guys there from Rescue Me that did standup, but I don't watch the show so not sure who. One of them plays his uncle and has a real prevalent Boston accent. He was great.

I decided to give Rescue Me a chance, its streaming instant from Netflix.

CoMoChief
06-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I would absolutely NAIL the shit out of MLP.

OH FUCK YEAH MILF!!!!

OnTheWarpath58
06-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Yup, live in person. It was at Humphrey's By the Bay, which made it even more awesome.

http://z.about.com/d/sandiego/1/0/3/4/humphreys_venue.jpg

It was $66 but worth it.

Also there was a couple other guys there from Rescue Me that did standup, but I don't watch the show so not sure who. One of them plays his uncle and has a real prevalent Boston accent. He was great.

I decided to give Rescue Me a chance, its streaming instant from Netflix.

Probably Uncle Teddy, played by Lenny Clarke. Funny fucker.

Not sure if it's true, or part of a bit - I've heard it's true - Clarke ran for Mayor of some town in Massachusetts. His platform?

"Fuck the Kennedys"

Had buttons and shit made and everything.

Funny fucker. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was Clarke that "found" Leary.

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Premiere+Of+Rescue+Me+Season+5+lq0YVr7an7Al.jpg

Buck
06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Probably Uncle Teddy, played by Lenny Clarke. Funny fucker.

Not sure if it's true, or part of a bit - I've heard it's true - Clarke ran for Mayor of some town in Massachusetts. His platform?

"Fuck the Kennedys"

Had buttons and shit made and everything.

Funny fucker. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was Clarke that "found" Leary.

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Premiere+Of+Rescue+Me+Season+5+lq0YVr7an7Al.jpg

Before seeing the picture, and just reading his platform, I said to myself, "Yup, that him." ROFL

Yeah thats definitely him.

OnTheWarpath58
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Before seeing the picture, and just reading his platform, I said to myself, "Yup, that him." ROFL

Yeah thats definitely him.

Damn.

That had to be a fun night.

Have you seen either of Leary's two taped performances? Or did you just go because it was DL?

It amazes me how many people have no fucking clue that Denis Leary started as/is a standup comedian.

Buck
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Damn.

That had to be a fun night.

Have you seen either of Leary's two taped performances? Or did you just go because it was DL?

It amazes me how many people have no fucking clue that Denis Leary started as/is a standup comedian.

I've listened to a No Cure for Cancer CD a while ago. I just went because I knew he is funny and he pulls no punches, my favorite kind of comedian.

I love Louis CK too. Have you ever seen "Chewed Up"?

I literally thought at one point I was going to die of laughter (no joke).

OnTheWarpath58
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
I've listened to a No Cure for Cancer CD a while ago. I just went because I knew he is funny and he pulls no punches, my favorite kind of comedian.

Oh, fuck.

You have to WATCH "No Cure."

You need to check out "Lock and Load" as well.

Otter
06-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Louis CK cracks me the **** up. Two bits stand out at the moment:

1. When he's comparing changing his daughters diaper to a 48 year old alcoholic taking a dump the next morning after getting drunk, stopping at Denny's for a grand slam breakfast and then getting in a fight in the parking lot

2. Where his wife gives him a hand job for his birthday. I literally had to stand up and look away for a second to catch my breath.

Joe Rogan is actually turning into a pretty good stand up comic. Not Louis CK caliper but getting better.

Wow, this thread got off track.

TrickyNicky
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Joe Rogan is actually turning into a pretty good stand up comic. Not Louis CK caliper but getting better.

Wow, this thread got off track.

Have you heard Rogan's podcast? It just recently got sponsored by Fleshlight, and its pretty funny. Not Adam Carolla funny, but still very enjoyable if you don't mind a lot of discussion about hallucinogens and weed.

DrRyan
06-10-2010, 03:59 PM
No, this show is not as good as season 1 and 2.

I will still watch it, but its getting pretty ridiculous.

I thought season 5 is the worst.

They found out that the show is really funny, and then they just started forcing the funny oneliners. Yes, they are funny, but when it feels forced its just not as good as it flowed in the first couple seasons.

I still watch it as well but IMO it jumped the shark in season 3 and it never recovered. I have not yet watched any of this season though.

Otter
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Have you heard Rogan's podcast? It just recently got sponsored by Fleshlight, and its pretty funny. Not Adam Carolla funny, but still very enjoyable if you don't mind a lot of discussion about hallucinogens and weed.

I watched three of them and I don't mind the hallucinogen talk at all. He seems to get a bit serious sometimes but the one where he his sidekick had the "bloody butthole" was my favorite so far. He was on for that one.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I've just started watching WEEDS. Seasons 1-5 are on Netflix Instant. Mrs. FMB! and I are about halfway through season 4 now. It's definitely dropped off. The wifey said the other night that she's about done with it because it's starting to bore her.

What I'm reading here is we need to barrel through and get to season 5.

Buck
02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I generally don't do this, but I watched through Season 5 (I think?) and have no desire to watch Season 6 or any other seasons they have.

pr_capone
02-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I stopped watching after season 3.

The show took a serious nosedive when the writers decided that Mary Louise should fuck anything that moves and the little psychotic kid Shane started beating off to his mother's pic.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I stopped watching after season 3.

The show took a serious nosedive when the writers decided that Mary Louise should **** anything that moves and the little psychotic kid Shane started beating off to his mother's pic.

I haven't gotten there yet, but I can't say I blame him. MLP is freakin' hot.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I generally don't do this, but I watched through Season 5 (I think?) and have no desire to watch Season 6 or any other seasons they have.

I can understand that. But at this point, I feel like I've invested enough time into to watch it through to conclusion. We'll see, though.

pr_capone
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I haven't gotten there yet, but I can't say I blame him. MLP is freakin' hot.

She is... but you simply just don't tug it looking at a pic of your mom.

Sorry meng, didn't mean to drop a spoiler.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2011, 02:57 PM
She is... but you simply just don't tug it looking at a pic of your mom.

Sorry meng, didn't mean to drop a spoiler.

But I can still do it right? She ain't my mom. :thumb:

Buck
02-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I can understand that. But at this point, I feel like I've invested enough time into to watch it through to conclusion. We'll see, though.

My money is on you giving up before its over. Its that bad.

pr_capone
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
But I can still do it right? She ain't my mom. :thumb:

You can crank the love pump to anything you like. No judgment here.

patteeu
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm still looking forward to season 6 after watching the first 5.

Shogun
02-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Can't wait for Season 6

notorious
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
This show started sucking after season 3.

Up to that point it was fucking EPIC.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2011, 08:10 PM
The first two seasons were phenomenal. I've never seen a show nosedive more quickly.

notorious
02-22-2011, 08:24 PM
The first two seasons were phenomenal. I've never seen a show nosedive more quickly.

As soon as Conrad, Halia, and U-Turn were out it started falling apart.

After watching Season 4, I told myself that the series ended when Agrestic burned in the fire.

bowener
02-22-2011, 09:17 PM

After watching Season 4, I told myself that the series ended when Agrestic burned in the fire.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Season 6 was absolute garbage, start to finish. I said it once before on here I think, but the finale of season 6 looks like it was written by the writers thinking they weren't going to be renewed. They shouldn't have been renewed after 4 and definitely not after 5. I have no idea how they get to make a 7th.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2011, 09:19 PM
I stopped watching about 7 or 8 episodes into Season 4.

The only other TV show that used to be required viewing for me that I stopped like that was ER, but it went on for almost 20 fucking seasons.

OnTheWarpath58
06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Nancy's hot ass is back tonight, for the handful of you still interested in the show.

bowener
06-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Nancy's hot ass is back tonight, for the handful of you still interested in the show.

I will watch, and I will be disappointed.

cardken
06-27-2011, 04:36 PM
It will be hard to top last seasons finale. And did go off the rails a little last season at times. But it's MLP, in tight clothes and high heels for Christ's sake, why not watch.

bowener
06-27-2011, 05:07 PM
It will be hard to top last seasons finale. And did go off the rails a little last season at times. But it's MLP, in tight clothes and high heels for Christ's sake, why not watch.

1. When you say "hard to top," you do mean "hard to top" how fucking awful/terrible/pathetic the episode was, right?

2. All of last season was a piece of shit. There was nothing redeeming about it. It was literally a wasted season. Because of the shit writing the season before, the writers were forced to follow that up with a retarded "running away" season where almost nothing at all happens. Last season could have been done in 3 episodes or skipped entirely. Garbage. Who ever writes for Weeds now evidently does not understand that you can focus on characters lives through dialogue between one another rather than an endless piss stream of random/bizarre/ludicrous/fucking stupid happenings or events and how MLP will fuck her way out of it. They took what was a great show/foundation from seasons 1 and 2 and shit it all away.

3. Because of this series MLP is an annoying twat to me that I can't stand to see in other shows/movies. Hell, I watched The Client the other day and was fucking annoyed by her short scenes in that movie.

4. The sideburns on the youngest child might make me kill something if they leave them on him the entire season.

That is all for now. /rant

Over-Head
06-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Anyone else excited for the Weeds season?!!!!

YES!! Watched first two seasons over a 2 day span last week on Netflix.

Don't get showtime, can't wait to watch the rest of the series.
Had never seen an episode before then, but like what I saw so far.

Near busted a gut when the brother in law was telling the youngest son the facts of life and telling him to wack off in a bannana instead of a gym sock..pure comedy gold.

cardken
06-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Season 7 Premiere, was about a 2 star. Was over quick, but as expected it's a little weak. The guy who plays "Andy" deserves a damn Emmy Nomination. Got great timing and some dramatic chops from time to time. I love Kevin Nealon as well, the "Doug" character is too funny.

Over-Head
06-28-2011, 07:11 AM
whats the deal with them always changing the singer of the opening song,

Molitoth
06-28-2011, 07:53 AM

Guillermo was pretty damn awesome too; Blanca.

But yes, I couldn't even stomach season 6. Absolute garbage.
I never thought Nancy was hot, and I'm not going to watch the show just to look at her pasty white skank ass.

durtyrute
06-28-2011, 09:11 AM
whats the deal with them always changing the singer of the opening song,

Yea, I liked the very first singer the best. They should've just left it like that. Same clips too.

I haven't seen the show since Season 5, which was crap. I hate where the show went with her marrying that druglord jackass. I've never seen a show fall so far as this one did.

Fire Me Boy!
08-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Anyone watching this season?

blazzin311
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Yessir I am. It seems as though this season they're trying to get back to the premise of the show that be dealing weed. However they're still a ways off.....either way I still find it all half way entertaining.

Fire Me Boy!
08-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Yessir I am. It seems as though this season they're trying to get back to the premise of the show that be dealing weed. However they're still a ways off.....either way I still find it all half way entertaining.

So far, it's actually better than the last couple seasons. Nowhere near seasons 1 or 2, but better.

blazzin311
08-17-2011, 04:25 PM
So far, it's actually better than the last couple seasons. Nowhere near seasons 1 or 2, but better.

Kind of my thoughts as well. It's definitely better this season at least in my opinion as compared to the past 2 or 3 seasons. I don't think it will ever again achieve the glory it had during seasons 1 or 2 but if the writers can at least keep up with what they're doing right now, then that'll work for me. I can at least tell they're trying to get back to the premise a bit. Especially after how the last few seasons have strayed to the beaten path. It was to the point where last season I was watching the show thinking to myself "this isn't even Weeds anymore".

CoMoChief
08-17-2011, 05:19 PM
had to get online and catch up on this season, forgot that it even came on....don't have showtime, so have to use Sidereel.com and watch it a day later....same with Curb, and Entourage.

CoMoChief
08-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Doug on steroids lol

LOVE Kevin Nealon.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Sorry for the hijack, but is anyone watching The Big C? I love it.

Shogun
09-02-2012, 09:39 PM
CONRAD IS BACK FOR THE SERIES FINALE

Molitoth
09-03-2012, 09:16 PM
CONRAD IS BACK FOR THE SERIES FINALE

too late, the show sucks. =(

Fire Me Boy!
09-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Wow, series finale basically sucked out loud.

Bewbies
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Wow, series finale basically sucked out loud.

Yeah, that was lame.

CoMoChief
09-17-2012, 09:39 PM
MLP is fucking hot.

God I'd do anything to nail that shit.

CoMoChief
09-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Horrible season finale.

didn't get the whole time lapse from where the last episode left off.

Seems like 10 years or so passed without any explanation at all.

CoMoChief
09-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Did I mention MLP is fucking hot? God what a hot milf.....and I love me a hot milf.

Fire Me Boy!
09-18-2012, 05:52 AM
Horrible season finale.

didn't get the whole time lapse from where the last episode left off.

Seems like 10 years or so passed without any explanation at all.

Worse than being a season finale. This was the SERIES finale.