PDA

View Full Version : Computers Anybody wanna buy some Netgear?

gblowfish
06-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Actually it's pretty decent stuff. I have 2 Netgear items that need homes:

First is a Netgear RT314 Router. You can easily create an ethernet network system in your home. Works great with DSL or cable to share internet and computer to computer connections or printer connections between computers. I used this for about 3 years before getting a new Linksys wireless router a couple weeks ago. Works with Windows or Mac, metal case, comes with power supply and software disc, used, but in perfect condition.

Also have a Netgear PS121 print server. This is most friendly with Windows, will work with Mac OSX or Linux (so I'm told). Anyway, this allows you to share a USB printer across your network. Has USB in on one side, Ethernet out on the other side. Hook the USB printer to your ethernet network and it allows the printer to be accessed by all the computers across the network. You may want to check Netgear's site first, to make sure your USB printer will work with this box. I just bought a Samsung CP-300 color laser printer, and it would not work and play with this little guy. It's basically new, only opened to hook up and find out it won't work with my printer

Prices: $25 ea, or $40 for the pair plus shipping at whatever cost is. Or I'll meet you for xchange. I work in OPKS, live in Independence, so I cover a lot of ground every day.

Let me know if any of you CPers could use these items. Wanted to give you first shot before listing on Craiglist or EBay. Both sold as is, but both in good condition. You can PM me or email to gblowfish@comcast.net.

gblowfish
06-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Pictures of goodies:

Guru
06-17-2008, 02:02 PM
interested in the print server

Guru
06-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Is the print server version 1 or version 2?