PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Anyone know how to play Playstation on the PC?

Lzen
06-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I know there are a bunch of emulator sites out here. I just don't know how to do it. A lot of them talk in language that I don't understand. The scary game thread got me thinking "man, it would be fun to play Clock Tower again". I used to own the game. I don't know if it got lost or broken or what. I don't have a Playstation anymore, but I still have the old PS2 in use. So, it's not like I am wanting to illegally get a game. I did own it legitimately. I just need simple instructions on how to do this on a PC, if possible.

KcMizzou
06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
I have tons of NES and SNES ROM's... (love the nostalgia) haven't moved up to the PS level just yet.

Wish I could help... I'll certainly be watching the thread. :D

TinyEvel
06-19-2008, 09:50 PM
The ONLY way to play PlayStation is with the PlayStation 3.

Starting at just $399

.exclusive titles like...

METALGEARSOLID4
Gran Tourismo 5 prologue
UNCHARTED Drake's Fortune
RESISTANCE Fall of Man
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Motorstorm
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction

(coming soon)
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
SOCOM Confrontation
Infamous
God of War III

and
Surf the web
Load and display your digital photos in 1080p
Play music
download movies
play Blu-Ray movies in Hi-Def
Video chat with friends on the PlayStation Network (PlayStation Eye required for video chat)

KcMizzou
06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
For ****s sake, Tiny...

LMAO

TinyEvel
06-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I know....

I'm leaning into it.

irishjayhawk
06-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, this got me motivated to look it up and this is what I have so far:

http://www.pcsx2.net/about.php

ZootedGranny
06-19-2008, 10:13 PM
If someone doesn't help you later, I'll come back and write a more thorough guide, but my current recommendation is to download:

ePSXe: http://www.epsxe.com/download.php

Pete's series of Windows based ePSXe plugins. There should be 3 or 4 different plugins on this page: http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

Playstation 1 bios, which can be found by Googling "scph1001.bin"

The setup is more complicated than most, but you should be able to figure it out using ePSXe's built in wizard. Other emulators are much easier to set up, but lack the customization ePSXe provides.

Guru
06-19-2008, 10:56 PM

Starting at just $399

.exclusive titles like...

METALGEARSOLID4
Gran Tourismo 5 prologue
UNCHARTED Drake's Fortune
RESISTANCE Fall of Man
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Motorstorm
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction

(coming soon)
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
SOCOM Confrontation
Infamous
God of War III

and
Surf the web
Load and display your digital photos in 1080p
Play music
download movies
play Blu-Ray movies in Hi-Def
Video chat with friends on the PlayStation Network (PlayStation Eye required for video chat)

ROFLROFLROFL

TrickyNicky
06-20-2008, 08:21 AM
If someone doesn't help you later, I'll come back and write a more thorough guide, but my current recommendation is to download:

ePSXe: http://www.epsxe.com/download.php

Pete's series of Windows based ePSXe plugins. There should be 3 or 4 different plugins on this page: http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

Playstation 1 bios, which can be found by Googling "scph1001.bin"

The setup is more complicated than most, but you should be able to figure it out using ePSXe's built in wizard. Other emulators are much easier to set up, but lack the customization ePSXe provides.

^^^ This is the best method. It can be confusing but everything is there. I would also suggest finding a torrent site that might have epsxe, bios, plugins, and maybe roms all packaged together with instructions.

Lzen
06-20-2008, 10:58 AM

Starting at just $399

Dude, give it a rest. At this point in time, I have no plans to buy a PS3. That being said, I may change my mind in the future. If Xbox keeps sending me crap units I am going to run out of patience. That and the fact that the damn Xbox Live content that I purchased on my original Xbox cannot be played on all Xbox accounts on this different Xbox that they sent me is really, really pissing me off.

irishjayhawk
06-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Dude, give it a rest. At this point in time, I have no plans to buy a PS3. That being said, I may change my mind in the future. If Xbox keeps sending me crap units I am going to run out of patience. That and the fact that the damn Xbox Live content that I purchased on my original Xbox cannot be played on all Xbox accounts on this different Xbox that they sent me is really, really pissing me off.

FWIW, I recently played the PS3 for the first time. For perspective, i was a huge Playstation fan 1 & 2 but XBOX did too many things right on the 360 and won me over. But I'm back to Playstation. It's simply much better than the 360.

The only real advantages to the 360 are Live and the design of the system (appearance).

SLAG
06-20-2008, 11:59 AM
I dont know how to play Playstation on my PC but I know how to turn my Playstation INTO a PC

back on topic though..

why not just buy the game again and play it on your PS2?

Pablo
06-20-2008, 12:53 PM
FWIW, I recently played the PS3 for the first time. For perspective, i was a huge Playstation fan 1 & 2 but XBOX did too many things right on the 360 and won me over. But I'm back to Playstation. It's simply much better than the 360.

The only real advantages to the 360 are Live and the design of the system (appearance).And the games. 360 has a few exclusives I absolutely love. I had a PS1, and that was a good console, but I think I switched over to X-Box because of the controllers, although The Duke for the regular X-Box was a clunky bastard, it was designed pretty well, and the S-controller followed and it was great, and the 360 controllers are perfect.

I'm definately a 360 guy, but I just bought a PS3 as well, and I'm pretty content with it. Haven't played any really good games yet, got em on order from Gamefly. Watched a bluray the other night, that was pretty nice.

Haven't played MGS4 yet, but I was never really enamored with the series in the first place. I'm gonna give it a go though.

Basileus777
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
ePSXe is my preferred emulator. Its easy enough to find images of games online if you use torrents or even IRC.

Lzen
06-20-2008, 03:06 PM
I dont know how to play Playstation on my PC but I know how to turn my Playstation INTO a PC

back on topic though..

why not just buy the game again and play it on your PS2?

Well, I supposed that may be a last resort. Might have to do some searching for it, though. It wasn't exactly a hot title.

QuikSsurfer
06-20-2008, 03:31 PM
And the games. 360 has a few exclusives I absolutely love. I had a PS1, and that was a good console, but I think I switched over to X-Box because of the controllers, although The Duke for the regular X-Box was a clunky bastard, it was designed pretty well, and the S-controller followed and it was great, and the 360 controllers are perfect.

I'm definately a 360 guy, but I just bought a PS3 as well, and I'm pretty content with it. Haven't played any really good games yet, got em on order from Gamefly. Watched a bluray the other night, that was pretty nice.

Haven't played MGS4 yet, but I was never really enamored with the series in the first place. I'm gonna give it a go though.

Unless you enjoy fighting games and need to use the D-Pad.
Worst D-Pad ever = 360 controller.
They better release a special controller for Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4

SLAG
06-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, I supposed that may be a last resort. Might have to do some searching for it, though. It wasn't exactly a hot title.

Here ya go

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-Game-PS1-Clock-Tower-Original-Rare-Game_W0QQitemZ250261643866QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250261643866&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14