PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA Football 09

Pages : [1] 2

KCChiefsMan
07-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Who is getting this? I'm not a big fan of EA sports, but I haven't played a college football game in years and I'm definately getting this years.

They are finally throwing in online dynasty which should be sweet! Dynasty's and franchise modes are so much more fun when you are playing with other people.

So who wants to get this game and start a Chiefsplanet online dynasty? We could do Big 12 or something.

Send me a FR on XBOX Live, my gamertag is "kcchiefsman"

Jewish Rabbi
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I try to rotate years between Madden and NCAA so I don't waste a bunch of money on both, and this is a Madden year. However - Mizzou sucked on last years game, and will most likely suck on 2010 as well...I might have to pick this one up.

JBucc
07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I think I'll probably get the Madden and Head Coach pack in thingy. I liked the NCAA demo too but two football games is enough and Madden looks better this year.

KCChiefsMan
07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
unless Madden gets amazing reviews with documented notes of improvement, I will not be buying Madden for the 1st time since about 1993

dj56dt58
07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
unless Madden gets amazing reviews with documented notes of improvement, I will not be buying Madden for the 1st time since about 1993

same here... its the same shit every year. Bad thing is, it always gets good reviews

Dayze
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I'll probably pick it up. I played the bejesus out of 2008; mostly in Campus Legend mode. I couldn't deal with the dynasty mode and all the recruiting etc. I wish they'd allow you to just play a season etc. I don't have the time i used to in order to fully enjoy the Dynasty mode.

I just wish prices of games would come down about 20%; never happen, but still.
Although I'm beginning to enjoy gamestop. picked up GTA IV for $50; and had $20 in games to trade in.

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
same here... its the same shit every year. Bad thing is, it always gets good reviews

Because its more or less a pick up and play game, there's not very much strategy imo. I am sure there is some, but its more of an arcade style game, then a straight sim. I hear that EA pays off certain review sites and threatens them with not getting EA company perks. I am not saying this is correct, but its totally believable.

KCChiefsMan
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Because its more or less a pick up and play game, there's not very much strategy imo. I am sure there is some, but its more of an arcade style game, then a straight sim. I hear that EA pays off certain review sites and threatens them with not getting EA company perks. I am not saying this is correct, but its totally believable.

ya, last years got the best review in years and I thought it was the worst one yet. I couldn't stand playing that crap and they took out some features I liked. They took out being able to assign certain players to certain formations and plays, so if you wanted to play your backups a little bit you had to pause and go to the depth chart and then do that again when you want to take them out. Plus the o-line blocking was horrid (not just the Chiefs o-line). It was horrible, I tried to like it because I love football but just couldn't.

I bet they do pay off review sites, I'll do my research a lot better this year.

Dayze
07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Not sure of the regular game mode since I played mostly campus legend, but it seemed like turnovers were a huge problem. The CPU forced way to many fumbles, even when 'protecting' the ball. O line blocking was terrible; missed blocks constantly.

Oh well; I still enjoyed the heck out of it.

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Not sure of the regular game mode since I played mostly campus legend, but it seemed like turnovers were a huge problem. The CPU forced way to many fumbles, even when 'protecting' the ball. O line blocking was terrible; missed blocks constantly.

Oh well; I still enjoyed the heck out of it.hehe, once i played 2k's football, there was just no way for me to go back to the EA brand. Game play of 2k5 is still better then anything EA has done. I know some people prefer that style, and i understand why they do, but i get seriously competitive with football games. Especially online. People here can vouch for how much i used to play it. I used to go on 3-4 hours of sleep becuase i was playing all night. I dont play as much anymore, but i try to play 3-4 times a week.

chiefs1111
07-04-2008, 08:55 AM
I can't wait for NCAA 09,getting ready to pre order my copy... Heck i am still playing 08 alot... However the same cannot be said for Madden 08. I actually went out and bought it the day it came out,played it for maybe 2 weeks and haven't played it since.... I will be sure to rent Madden 09 first before buying it.

jiveturkey
07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I played the demo and hated it.

I've been playing All Pro Football for a while now and love the way that it plays. I'll be skipping Madden as well.

dj56dt58
07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I played the demo and hated it.

I've been playing All Pro Football for a while now and love the way that it plays. I'll be skipping Madden as well.

anybody still play that online?

Dayze
07-04-2008, 04:06 PM
hehe, once i played 2k's football, there was just no way for me to go back to the EA brand. Game play of 2k5 is still better then anything EA has done. I know some people prefer that style, and i understand why they do, but i get seriously competitive with football games. Especially online. People here can vouch for how much i used to play it. I used to go on 3-4 hours of sleep becuase i was playing all night. I dont play as much anymore, but i try to play 3-4 times a week.

Hmm. What's 2k's version like? I've never played. I think I played All-Pro football a time or two (not sure if this is part of the 2k series); it was pretty cool, but I couldn't get into the concept of building a team with former players etc. But the game play was cool; took some getting used to though.

Does 2k come out with a new game each year? Or can they not do that because of the licensing the NFLPA has with EA?

Fruit Ninja
07-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Hmm. What's 2k's version like? I've never played. I think I played All-Pro football a time or two (not sure if this is part of the 2k series); it was pretty cool, but I couldn't get into the concept of building a team with former players etc. But the game play was cool; took some getting used to though.

Does 2k come out with a new game each year? Or can they not do that because of the licensing the NFLPA has with EA?
Not this year. When 2k8 came out, they said they wanted it to be a every other year thing. So we will see, hopefully we will get some info on it at E3.

2k's version is focused on simulation play rather then a pick up and play game. They target hardcore football players first. They are also not allowed to use ANYTHING NFL becuase of the EA/NFL deal. I would expect their next game to be fully customizable though. As soon as i hear anything about it, best believe i will be posting about it. I talk to the 2k community manager quite a bit and always asking him about it. He said there hasnt been anything to talk about atm. So we will see.

Dunit35
07-04-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm trying to decide if I should buy this. I bought 08 but not until around December.

I'm going to buy Madden the night it gets released though, don't care if people think it sucks.

Dunit35
07-04-2008, 10:46 PM
hehe, once i played 2k's football, there was just no way for me to go back to the EA brand. Game play of 2k5 is still better then anything EA has done. I know some people prefer that style, and i understand why they do, but i get seriously competitive with football games. Especially online. People here can vouch for how much i used to play it. I used to go on 3-4 hours of sleep becuase i was playing all night. I dont play as much anymore, but i try to play 3-4 times a week.

I bought All Pro during X-mas for 10 bucks on bestbuy.com. I actually enjoyed it but stopped playing it for awhile and eventually lost it. My mother found it when she was moving out and it had a couple scratches on it.

It won't let me hike the ball now. I can do everything else but that...pisses me off too.

Demonpenz
07-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I didn't get the concept of having hall of fame players. They should have just had all fictional characters because thats what madden is after simming 10 or so years I had alot of fun back in the day with football and baseball games without pro lic

DJay23
07-05-2008, 01:05 PM
I didn't get the concept of having hall of fame players. They should have just had all fictional characters because thats what madden is after simming 10 or so years I had alot of fun back in the day with football and baseball games without pro lic

I agree. Could never get into All Pro. Too unrealistic for my taste.

KCChiefsMan
07-05-2008, 02:43 PM

I had a lot of fun at first with All-pro. Once the glitches and cheese plays became known it was pretty frustrating. And Earl Cambell.....ridiculous! I would much rather 2K just come out with a fictional football game that's similiar to the structure of the NFL and add some cool stuff

Fruit Ninja
07-05-2008, 03:29 PM

LOL, what i find funny with this is even though they used retired and fictional players its more of a true game of football then the company that actually uses the NFL and its players. I have been a hardcore football gamer since 10 yard fight i have played just about every console football game ever made, nothing comes close to the actual game of football then APF.

EA seems to be going in the right direction, but its going to be a few years. They have to completely get rid of their engine and start over. They have to completely redo their animations as well, they are very very pathetic. They are not fluid whatsoever. For me, that just ruins it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxAsz_xbB0s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxAsz_xbB0s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watch that, its NCAA, but the animations and the engine is the same as Madden. YOu will see what i am talking about when i mean animations are horrible for the EA game.

KCChiefsMan
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I really liked the demo, just played it and I will definately buy NCAA, but I wont buy Madden

Ultra Peanut
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
The eminently-respected Bill Abner (http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/) has been posting some pretty promising impressions.

The INT is how I scored. It was 3-0 OSU in the 2nd when FSU calls a screen on 3rd and 10. Freeman read it and was all over the RB. Weatherford (He's still at FSU, right?) was being pressured by Wilson (2 more sacks by him by speed rushing -- getting pressure is NOT a problem in this game, regardless of what anyone else tells you. Speed rushing in fact might even be too effective.) So as the rush is coming he throws the ball to the RB anyway -- and Freeman picks it off at the 10 and walks in. TD. That was the only pick in the half and it didn't feel canned.

By canned -- you know what I mean. So many of the INTs last year were in the middle of the field, almost as if by design, like it was "time" to get an INT. This felt legit -- pressure + forced throw = bad news.

Of course we're about to leave for the fireworks so I had to kill the game...but 10-0! Two great defenses! A game where every yard counts!

Happy happy joy joy. That simply NEVER happens in NCAA.

Poor kick coverage seems to be his biggest complaint.

Lzen
07-07-2008, 11:48 AM
LOL, what i find funny with this is even though they used retired and fictional players its more of a true game of football then the company that actually uses the NFL and its players. I have been a hardcore football gamer since 10 yard fight i have played just about every console football game ever made, nothing comes close to the actual game of football then APF.

EA seems to be going in the right direction, but its going to be a few years. They have to completely get rid of their engine and start over. They have to completely redo their animations as well, they are very very pathetic. They are not fluid whatsoever. For me, that just ruins it.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxAsz_xbB0s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Watch that, its NCAA, but the animations and the engine is the same as Madden. YOu will see what i am talking about when i mean animations are horrible for the EA game.

Wow, those APF animations are fantastic. The only thing that I like about EA is the in depth franchise mode. I am sure I will buy NCAA 09 for that reason. I wish APF would do a franchise mode and let you customize it. But yearh, those animations are unbelieveably more realistic.

Mecca
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
NCAA is alot more fun if you take the time to download the named roster.

RustShack
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
As for the online dynasty, I have a PS3 and call dibs on ISU if one goes down.

RustShack
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
NCAA is alot more fun if you take the time to download the named roster.

That is so true, I did it for the first time last year and it was unreal. Hopefully they come out pretty fast.

KCChiefsMan
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
That is so true, I did it for the first time last year and it was unreal. Hopefully they come out pretty fast.

they should come out quick. I bought an XPORT for the 360 so I could download this years rosters for 2K5 and I should be able to find a dl that way. I'm not sure how they do it though

RustShack
07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah I just download them, put them on a usb, then onto my ps3.

JBucc
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
You don't need any transfer thingys this year for the next gen systems anyway. You can just type in someone's gamertag or PSN ID and download them straight to your machine from the EA locker. The first set of rosters have already been completed by pastapadre for the 360.

Sully
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
You don't need any transfer thingys this year for the next gen systems anyway. You can just type in someone's gamertag or PSN ID and download them straight to your machine from the EA locker. The first set of rosters have already been completed by pastapadre for the 360.

Do I need a LIVE account to do that?

JBucc
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Do I need a LIVE account to do that?
I think you need a gold account. If you don't have one you can still do it the old fashioned way.

Sully
07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I think you need a gold account. If you don't have one you can still do it the old fashioned way.

What is the old fashioned way, and would it be cheaper just to buy a gold account?

JBucc
07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
What is the old fashioned way, and would it be cheaper just to buy a gold account?I guess you'd have to buy a transfer kit and download the rosters from your computer and transfer them over. I've not actually done it. I'm not sure what a transfer kit costs but I bet a one month Gold card which is 8 bucks is a bit cheaper.

Fruit Ninja
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow, those APF animations are fantastic. The only thing that I like about EA is the in depth franchise mode. I am sure I will buy NCAA 09 for that reason. I wish APF would do a franchise mode and let you customize it. But yearh, those animations are unbelieveably more realistic.

Yep, after stuff like that, there's no way i can play the other game. It just doesnt seem fun to me. So that leaves me stuck playing a game that was released a year ago as opposed to something news. Oh well, maybe 1 days they will get it right. Doubtful, but ya never know.

Lzen
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Yep, after stuff like that, there's no way i can play the other game. It just doesnt seem fun to me. So that leaves me stuck playing a game that was released a year ago as opposed to something news. Oh well, maybe 1 days they will get it right. Doubtful, but ya never know.

For me, it is all about the Dynasty/Franchise mode. That is what it means to me when they say a true sim. Until APF can get that in their game, I won't bother. I gave up on trying to beat dipshits online years ago. Too many cheesers.

Fruit Ninja
07-08-2008, 04:06 PM
For me, it is all about the Dynasty/Franchise mode. That is what it means to me when they say a true sim. Until APF can get that in their game, I won't bother. I gave up on trying to beat dipshits online years ago. Too many cheesers.

well, i guess i have a different definition of it. I actually like to play the game of football, not try to be Carl Peterson. Thats not fun. lol

Another thing about playing online, i have alot of games under my belt and i would say a good 80-85 percent of them have been good clean games. I dont know how EA does it, but 2k has a pretty damned awesome reputation system and you can check all their stats and see what kind of a player they are. I dont have problems finding good clean games. Never have.

Lzen
07-08-2008, 04:16 PM
well, i guess i have a different definition of it. I actually like to play the game of football, not try to be Carl Peterson. Thats not fun. lol

Another thing about playing online, i have alot of games under my belt and i would say a good 80-85 percent of them have been good clean games. I dont know how EA does it, but 2k has a pretty damned awesome reputation system and you can check all their stats and see what kind of a player they are. I dont have problems finding good clean games. Never have.

Madden is full of cheesers. Maybe 2k has a better system.

Let me re-phrase my earlier post. It's not "all" about the offseason stuff. But I like that part just as much as playing the games. Don't get me wrong, I could care less about setting ticket prices, parking, food, and stuff like that. I just like to build a team to my vision.

DJay23
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Let me re-phrase my earlier post. It's not "all" about the offseason stuff. But I like that part just as much as playing the games. Don't get me wrong, I could care less about setting ticket prices, parking, food, and stuff like that. I just like to build a team to my vision.

That's what I like about NCAA football. I like the hunt when you go on the recruiting trail, and then putting your new guys in with real guys and eventually making it a team of your own recruits who fit your philosophy after several seasons. That part is most fun to me. I know I"m playing a video game so the graphics don't need to be the VERY best for me to enjoy it. Hell I used to play Tecmo Bowl when I was a kid, I can handle what EA puts out there.

Fruit Ninja
07-08-2008, 06:54 PM

Ahh, yeah, i can see whythen. You like all that other fluff stuff in building teams. I am a straight online player. Offline for me sucks becuase once i get good its 16-0 every time. I play strictly online, but i do go into the practice mode in 2k and test out new plays and try to find other plays that work for me. 1 thing i liked on the old Madden games. Well the 05 Madden was the training deal they had going on. That was pretty cool. No idea if next gen games have them.

Lzen
07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Ahh, yeah, i can see whythen. You like all that other fluff stuff in building teams. I am a straight online player. Offline for me sucks becuase once i get good its 16-0 every time. I play strictly online, but i do go into the practice mode in 2k and test out new plays and try to find other plays that work for me. 1 thing i liked on the old Madden games. Well the 05 Madden was the training deal they had going on. That was pretty cool. No idea if next gen games have them.

If you are going 16-0, then you should change the AI settings or up the level. Or both. That is what I do. I don't want to be undefeated every year. I still play Madden (PC) and every few seasons, I up some settings to make it more realistic and more challenging me. I am very, very good at this game as I play it just about every day. But I still lose some games. Not many, but some.

Fruit Ninja
07-09-2008, 12:48 AM
If you are going 16-0, then you should change the AI settings or up the level. Or both. That is what I do. I don't want to be undefeated every year. I still play Madden (PC) and every few seasons, I up some settings to make it more realistic and more challenging me. I am very, very good at this game as I play it just about every day. But I still lose some games. Not many, but some.
As competitive as i am with football gaming the AI will not beat me unless it just flat out has a momentum cheating thing built in. With games like this, its either to easy, or to hard. The to hard part is more or less you have no chance to win because the AI cheats. You know the super jumps where its going to make some crazy interception and run it back or the player superspeeds. lol

David.
07-09-2008, 05:38 AM
all the 2k football games sucked donkey balls

madden/ncaa blow them completely out of the water

Fruit Ninja
07-09-2008, 06:18 PM

lol, good laugh. I needed that.

chiefs1111
07-09-2008, 06:29 PM

wow,can i have some of what your smokin?????

Ultra Peanut
07-13-2008, 11:18 PM
WooWoo

Sully
07-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Midnight tonight!!!

Ultra Peanut
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
There's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bug (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/255659-ncaa-09-roster-issue-thread.html) that's derailing roster editing at the moment.

Jilly
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Midnight tonight!!!

:deevee: Worst day of the year....

dj56dt58
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
how/where do i dl roster updates?

Sully
07-14-2008, 10:09 PM
how/where do i dl roster updates?

The game has a bug, and it's all ****ed up right now... so hold off for a while

When you update the rosters, the game starts eliminating teams, apparently.

OmahaChief
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't think I will even buy the game if they don't get the roster shit figured out. I don't want to play with QB #7. Figures they would **** it up after putting garbage out for a game last year.

Lzen
07-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Lovely. Freakin' EA!! Where is the quality control?

Sully
07-14-2008, 11:13 PM
I'll be picking it up in 45 minutes. I'll let you all know

Kraus
07-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Lovely. Freakin' EA!! Where is the quality control?

ROFL

EA and quality control? Ha!

/troll

Mecca
07-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Apparently the problem is because the guys who did rosters had versions that were early releases and dumbed down so it didn't have all the teams thus creating the corrupting of the files when trying to upload, it deletes teams because those teams weren't on the roster makes version of the game they had.

Lzen
07-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Apparently the problem is because the guys who did rosters had versions that were early releases and dumbed down so it didn't have all the teams thus creating the corrupting of the files when trying to upload, it deletes teams because those teams weren't on the roster makes version of the game they had.

Seriously? So, the new version in the store should be fine? Where did you get this info?

Mecca
07-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Seriously? So, the new version in the store should be fine? Where did you get this info?

It was on the operation sports forum, I'd basically wait a few days before downloading any roster files, if you do make sure you check out that forum they seem to be pretty up on it and FK is one of the guys working on a roster there.

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Picking it up on the way home from work. Woot.

Lzen
07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
It was on the operation sports forum, I'd basically wait a few days before downloading any roster files, if you do make sure you check out that forum they seem to be pretty up on it and FK is one of the guys working on a roster there.

Ok, thanks. I will probably go ahead and buy it. :thumb:

DJay23
07-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Sliders need some tinkering as usual. I started my KU dynasty on Varsity. Versus FIU they converted like every 3rd down in the first quarter until I adjusted the sliders. I ended up winning 38-15 on the strength of a fumble recovery for a TD by Brorsen and an INT return by Chris Harris on consecutive possessions in the first half. I adjusted sliders to fix that a little bit too. Seems a bit tougher to run on the CPU. Reesing is pretty accurate on slant patterns, though he threw two picks, one on a flag pattern to Meier and one that was tipped by Briscoe as he tried to catch it one a drag route. Jocque Crawford dislocated his elbow on a TD plunge in the first quarter. Out 9 weeks already.

As for all these roster bugs, I guess I'll never know. I change the KU roster by hand and that's it. Don't really care about any other players on any other teams.

One thing I noticed while editing my roster was that not one of the KU players have their correct hometown listed. I mean how hard is it? You can find almost all of the towns represented in this game, but for example they had Kerry Meier I think coming from Salina? He's from Pittsburg which is on the list. Not that it makes any difference to the rest of the game, but I changed all of those too.

I wonder how these roster downloads work anyway considering I found several discrepancies between the players listed on the game and the roster I found online at kusports.com. Discrepancies like incorrect numbers, positions, players missing altogether, or players there that don't match any on the roster. Do the downloadable rosters fix those things or just give names to numbers?

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:57 PM
The game has some of the players wrong, usually the roster editor will fix those to be accurate. The hometowns thing is like that for every team, they likely figure it doesn't matter.

Ultra Peanut
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I started my KU dynasty on Varsity.What?

The game has some of the players wrong, usually the roster editor will fix those to be accurate. The hometowns thing is like that for every team, they likely figure it doesn't matter.Yeah. As long as the states are correct (for pipelining), it's not a big deal.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 04:02 PM
My first piece of advice is learn how to punt the ball out of bounds it'll help you out greatly.

Fruit Ninja
07-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Shouldnt have to punt the ball out of bounds. They need to fix the end blocking on the gunners and not lock them up. No one ever kicks out of bounds anymore.

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Just played it. I like the game play much better than Madden 08.

One peave so far after 1 game. As the game was starting on LSU's home field. The landscape looked great with the sun going down, about to set, and the ****ing thing didn't move over the course of a 3 hr game:shake:.
A very simple detail, that the only excuse I can come up for it, is that the bastards were just too damn lazy to put in, or they just don't give enough of a damn, to try, and make the best game possible. Other than that, I definitely enjoyed my first game.

chiefs1111
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM

One peave so far after 1 game. As the game was starting on LSU's home field. The landscape looked great with the sun going down, about to set, and the ****ing thing didn't move over the course of a 3 hr game:shake:.
A very simple detail, that the only excuse I can come up for it, is that the bastards were just too damn lazy to put in, or they just don't give enough of a damn, to try, and make the best game possible. Other than that, I definitely enjoyed my first game.

How much of a difference is there between 08 and 09 overall????

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
How much of a difference is there between 08 and 09 overall????

The game play is much more fluid. Better catching animations. Much more natural catches, and an overall smother feel to the game.

dj56dt58
07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
so..as far as downloading rosters..do I just use the browser on the ps3 and find a site to dl them or what?

DJay23
07-15-2008, 09:16 PM

The thing that makes that irritating is I can remember back to the late 90's version of the game and you'd start the game during daylight, at halftime they'd show the a dusk animation, and by the 3rd quarter you were playing under the lights.

My first game with KU was a 6:00 start. By the end of that game it should have been dark, but was as light as it was when I started.

DJay23
07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
What?

I don't play a lot of video games anymore. I haven't played a football game in close to a year. I need to get reaclimated.

Ultra Peanut
07-16-2008, 02:38 AM

One peave so far after 1 game. As the game was starting on LSU's home field. The landscape looked great with the sun going down, about to set, and the ****ing thing didn't move over the course of a 3 hr game:shake:.Imagine, if you will, an island in the sea of time. A structure full of people, all of them focused on what's happening inside it. No one thinks to look upward or outward, so they fail to realize that this is a rivalry game that's taking place in... the Twilight Zone.

A very simple detail, that the only excuse I can come up for it, is that the bastards were just too damn lazy to put in, or they just don't give enough of a damn, to try, and make the best game possible. Other than that, I definitely enjoyed my first game.From NCAA dev Adam Thompson:

Progressive Lighting:
This didn't just "drop in" to the new lighting system. It would cause inconsistent lighting on the players and strange shadows across the field as the sun moved. It was deemed too risky to get in this year on top of all the other lighting changes we did.

The Art Director did mention this has never been in Madden as a consolation, but that doesn't matter to me. Progressive lighting is in the plan for next year, and dynamic weather is on the radar.

DJay23
07-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Imagine, if you will, an island in the sea of time. A structure full of people, all of them focused on what's happening inside it. No one thinks to look upward or outward, so they fail to realize that this is a rivalry game that's taking place in... the Twilight Zone.

From NCAA dev Adam Thompson:

Progressive Lighting:
This didn't just "drop in" to the new lighting system. It would cause inconsistent lighting on the players and strange shadows across the field as the sun moved. It was deemed too risky to get in this year on top of all the other lighting changes we did.

The Art Director did mention this has never been in Madden as a consolation, but that doesn't matter to me. Progressive lighting is in the plan for next year, and dynamic weather is on the radar.

Dynamic weather would be great. Started a game in a downpoor and ended it in a downpoor. Would be cool to see the rain stop and start. I think the older versions of the game used to do that too.

Mecca
07-16-2008, 09:06 AM
If you want a 360 roster go into the EA locker and type in the name "ExtremeGamer" his roster will work so everyone is named, just don't edit it.

RockChalk
07-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Anyone know how to get an updated PS3 roster? Can you do this on the EA website as well?

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Jocque Crawford dislocated his elbow on a TD plunge in the first quarter. Out 9 weeks already. I guess they don't have "felony aggravated rape" programmed into the code yet.

Woodrow Call
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I guess they don't have "felony aggravated rape" programmed into the code yet.

LMAO

Lzen
07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Seventeen-year old Jocques Crawford pleaded guilty last month to simple assault involving a 15-year-old girl

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=3951663

I didn't realize this guy had been charged with a rape. It was pled (pleaded?) down to simple assault. Although that is still not good. I suppose I should be embarrassed as a KU fan. Perhaps Mangino thinks this kid deserves a second chance. Still, if this guy does anything while at KU, he better be on the first bus back to Memphis.

Hey Ultra Peanut, you got any good info in this situation? What did the DA allow him to plead down?

Oh and btw, you MU guys should try to remember that old saying. Something about stones and glass houses.

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh and btw, you MU guys should try to remember that old saying. Something about stones and glass houses.Believe me, I know. Our basketball team caused enough embarrassment just last year. I am glad, however, that Crawford is not a Tiger.

Buck
07-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Played my first game on it.

I was San Diego State and first game was against a FCS team. I won 100-7.

I need to change the settings.

Lzen
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Played my first game on it.

I was San Diego State and first game was against a FCS team. I won 100-7.

I need to change the settings.

Not hard to put up a hundy on freshman level, eh?

Fruit Ninja
07-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I wish i had my sig turned on, so i can use this as a sig.

Defense in this game is pretty much just a break until you get the ball back.

Buck
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Not hard to put up a hundy on freshman level, eh?

I was on Varsity, I think thats the default.

1 step above Freshman.

2nd game was against Notre Dame and didn't go so well.

I was so pissed I turned off my PS3 in the middle of the game.

I was down 21 - 3 and got it to 21-18 (FG and TD w/ 2 PT Conversion) w/ 1:30 left in the first half.

They get to 3rd and 8 w/ the clock ticking at maybe 50 seconds, so I call time out. They go deep on 3rd and i take over control of the guy who was already standing in perfect position to intercept it and I totally ****ed it up and moved him, and they went all the way for the TD. I yelled out the F word and shut off my PS3.

That was probably the most pissed I've been playing a game on the PS3.

Actually one time I was lagging on COD4 Online and it pissed me off. I threw my headset at the wall and broke it (the headset, not the wall n00b!).

beach tribe
07-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanx JBucc for the pastapadre gamertag. The rosters are good. No glitches. Sweet.

beach tribe
07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
I need to practice. UCLA came back from 21-3 at half, and beat me. WTF? I had Tennesse.

Buck
07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Are their rosters for the PS3 yet, free ones?

QuikSsurfer
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Just traded in GTAIV and picked this up for $24

It's alright. I missed last years though... and the year before.

Better football game I've seen on the 360.

I wish you could get player names to show up during online play.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Just traded in GTAIV and picked this up for $24

It's alright. I missed last years though... and the year before.

Better football game I've seen on the 360.

I wish you could get player names to show up during online play.
they show up for me during online play

QuikSsurfer
07-17-2008, 04:26 PM
they show up for me during online play

You must have downloaded a roster or something.. I get player numbers.

beach tribe
07-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Alright Gosh fgucking damnit.

I have locked up twice during dynasty play. In the 4th while winning NTL.

And what's with all the Roughing the passer calls? He's a Cartoon, his safety is not at risk.

Fruit Ninja
07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
If anyone wnats to win every game, do strife catching. You will complete the pass 9 out of 10 times. Triple coverage even.

Pestilence
07-17-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if I should get it for the 360 or the PS3.

KCChiefsMan
07-17-2008, 08:26 PM
jeez, well the online dynasty would be awesome. Another year EA sends out an unfinished product and it still has the same issues with the gameplay that's been going on for years. Hard to play online dynasty when it freezes everytime. FOR CHRISTS ****ING SAKE EA

it's still better than madden but damn

dj56dt58
07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
this game is pissing me the **** off

dj56dt58
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
how can you play this ****ing game? The camera angle sucks..you can't see half the ****ing field..why can you not change the camera angle?

Buck
07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
anyone w ps3 wanna play online?

dj56dt58
07-17-2008, 10:53 PM
anyone w ps3 wanna play online?

I will..cwh 69

will be on in a min..

J Diddy
07-17-2008, 11:11 PM
how the hell do i do the frigging rocket catch on 360

Buck
07-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I will..cwh 69

will be on in a min..

Im BuckinKaeding....Dont know if you are still on, just got done watching Last Comic Standing.

KCrockaholic
07-18-2008, 01:09 AM
what have they done for PS2? are there any changes in NCAA 09 for PS2?

J Diddy
07-18-2008, 01:16 AM
how the hell do i do the frigging rocket catch on 360

I guess I'm on universal ignore.

RustShack
07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
I guess I'm on universal ignore.

I would tell you if I knew, or have played the game. :)

Pablo
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if I should get it for the 360 or the PS3.Well, there have been some discussions on here and folks seem to say that sports games will run smoother on the 360.

Apparently they're designed for the 360, then ported over to the PS3.

Sort of like last gen, when everything was designed for the PS2, then ported over to XBox.

beach tribe
07-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Tennessee 6-0. #4 in the nation. Wins over FL. GA., and Auburn. I pray, that Madden is as good as this game.

The play is fluid. Haven't seen near as many total BS plays. Although there still are a few.

Cheese seems to be cut down.

chiefs1111
07-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Tennessee 6-0. #4 in the nation. Wins over FL. GA., and Auburn. I pray, that Madden is as good as this game.

The play is fluid. Haven't seen near as many total BS plays. Although there still are a few.

Thats good to know,Ill be picking up my copy either later tonite or tomorrow,can't wait....

Pestilence
07-18-2008, 03:53 PM

360 or PS3?

J Diddy
07-18-2008, 03:57 PM

yeah my ass

I'm getting my ass kicked from the lob long rocket catch

J Diddy
07-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I would tell you if I knew, or have played the game. :)

hell i'm just happy you replied

Buck
07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
yeah my ass

I'm getting my ass kicked from the lob long rocket catch

What the **** is the rocket catch?

David.
07-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Been playing on Heisman with tweaked sliders, and it makes it really realistic and helps fix most of the bugs like ridiculous cpu completion %

David.
we should start an online dynasty btw for 360 players

David.
gamertag: turtlexcore

Mecca
07-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Been playing on Heisman with tweaked sliders, and it makes it really realistic and helps fix most of the bugs like ridiculous cpu completion %

What are the sliders? people may try them.

RustShack
07-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Any free named rosters out yet? I'm about to go see if I can rent the game.

Fruit Ninja
07-18-2008, 08:10 PM
What the **** is the rocket catch?

They call it strife catching. If your reciever is over 6'4 there is a play you can do with any receiver/TE that will be completed 9 out of 10 times even with triple coverage.

dj56dt58
07-18-2008, 09:23 PM
They call it strife catching. If your reciever is over 6'4 there is a play you can do with any receiver/TE that will be completed 9 out of 10 times even with triple coverage.

how do you do it? (ps3)..never heard of it

Fruit Ninja
07-18-2008, 09:34 PM
how do you do it? (ps3)..never heard of it

I havent played it, but i read about it on Operation Sports. There is threads where people are screaming murder. Well, i only played the demo.

Buck
07-19-2008, 12:02 AM

Oh, so Cheating, why would you want to do that?

Fruit Ninja
07-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh, so Cheating, why would you want to do that?
lol, I wouldn't ever do it. That's not my style. I play as sim as possible, thats why i hate EA sports as it doesn't cater to my play style at all. Answering your question though, people will do WHATEVER it takes to win online. There are tons of people that will abuse it.

beach tribe
07-19-2008, 01:14 AM
lol, I wouldn't ever do it. That's not my style. I play as sim as possible, thats why i hate EA sports as it doesn't cater to my play style at all. Answering your question though, people will do WHATEVER it takes to win online. There are tons of people that will abuse it.

It can be stopped #1.

#2It can be used by either team. The game is obviously offense friendly to begin with (it's college football).

From what I've seen it seems to work because, frankly, there seems to always be someone open.

I like to play a lot of man. bringing all db's forward, and keeping a LB, and a safety in the middle of the field. Other wise it seems to be open range in the middle. For me, and for everyone else without that coverage. Of course you have to mix it up. Bring some heat. I'm really enjoying the game.

J Diddy
07-19-2008, 01:44 AM
It can be stopped #1.

#2It can be used by either team. The game is obviously offense friendly to begin with (it's college football).

From what I've seen it seems to work because, frankly, there seems to always be someone open.

I like to play a lot of man. bringing all db's forward, and keeping a LB, and a safety in the middle of the field. Other wise it seems to be open range in the middle. For me, and for everyone else without that coverage. Of course you have to mix it up. Bring some heat. I'm really enjoying the game.

its' basically strafe and catch button after you take over your guy
it's owning my ass online

David.
07-19-2008, 02:36 AM
What are the sliders? people may try them.

taken from www.operationsports.com

***NJPapi's Heisman Slidiers V 1.5***

Update 07/16/08:

After receiving word from Watson and The2ndComing about what a member at OS figured out with the sliders for human working for the cpu as well. I was skeptical since it seemed like a reach. I decided to test them throughly along with a set from DAVE who provided me with his mix and i got to work on this new update.

The biggest issue is that all human sliders not only work for the human but for the cpu. The cpu sliders are worthless and can remain at default.

Unless EA patches the slider issue which i dont think they can or will. Then this is one of those years that you have to make an effort to get the cpu to play right on heisman or any other level for that matter.

What I mean is that if you have the human accuracy at let's say 35 then it affects the cpu qb as well. I cannot lower it to much since it will make the cpu throw weak passes along with your qb as well.

that qb accuracy can be set at 1 number and it will work fine for both sides.

The issue is the run game and only the run game. If you put the rb ability and run blocking at 100 then it works for both sides. The issue is that if you put the sliders at max for the run game for human then your running back gets a boost of speed and juking abilities which to me kill the game. The only way around this is to max it out when the cpu has the ball so they can run better and when you have the ball you lower it to make it realistic based on your team and back.

This was killing me all afternoon until I decided to set it at one number to work for both sides and leave it at that. The results are not huge in terms of the cpu run game but i prefer a limited run game for the offense then to have my run game be that good when I have a weak back that is not to fast.

Now on to the defense:

The defensive sliders for cpu also dont work so leave all at default. I dont want you guys to move them at all.

The human defensive sliders work for both sides. This is where it gets better in terms of your defenders not acting like morons and the cpu defense not being easy to pick apart with short passes.

Many folks want to fix the cpu qb being so damm accurate but that does not bother me as much as me being able to move the ball vs the top teams on heisman all game long.

Please try this new set by using the following matchups.

First game:

Pick Georgia and play at Kentucky

Second game:

Pick Rutgers and play home vs Oklahoma

This will give you a game with a top team vs a weaker team and vice versa for the second game

The same issue goes for the Special teams. Use only the human side of things.

Sub In and Out:

QB Out 0
Qb In 1
RB Out 84
RB In 100
WR Out 0
WR In 1
FB/TE 0
FB/TE 1
OL Out 0
OL In 1

DT Out 84
DT In 100
DE Out 84
DE In 100
LB Out 0
LB In 1
CB Out 0
CB In 1
S Out 0
S In 1

The 84 and 100 is to make frequent subs in the d-lines and rb positions

The others are to not have subs since those are usually all game starters

NJPapi's Heisman Sliders:

Injuries On or Off
Fatigue On
Quarter Lenght 8 minutes
Playclock On
HFAE On
Ice Kicker On
Quiz QB On

Penalties:

All maxed out except for roughing the passer which is set at 30.

Human and CPU Offense:

QB Accuracy: 35 (This works for both human and cpu passers)

Pass Blocking: 0 (This has helped the pass rush)

WR Catching: 0 (Not sure of this is reversed or not but I do see more drops at this number)

RB Ability: 55 (This will make your back play to his rating and makes the cpu runner average at best)

Run Blocking: 100 (This will improve the run lanes for both sides)

Human and CPU Defense:

Awareness: 100 (This will help defenders stay closer to receivers and backs)

Knockdowns: 100 (This will help the defenses swat passes)

Interceptions: 0 (Finally this slider works like it should for both sides)

Break Block: 0 (This is strickly a slider for playing against the run for the human and cpu)

Tackling: 40 (This will allow runners to break more tackles)

Human and CPU Special Teams:

FG Power: 5 (This will make those 50 plus yarder hard to make for both sides)

FG Accuracy: 45 (This will make long kicks harder to go straight for both sides)

Punt Power: 40 (This will make it easier to get down and cover punt returners)

Punt Accuracy: 60 (This will make the human and cpu punters coffin kick better)

Kickoff Power: 65 (This will make kicks go to the goal line at most times for both sides)

It is important that when the cpu is punting. You always picks punt return and not punt block...If you punt block then the cpu will bring in their protection which will lead to an open field to return it for 45 yards with ease.

If you pick punt return then it will be harder to get long returns with ease.

Please remember that CPU Sliders remain at 50 since they don't work

One last thing is that if you play press coverage then your chances of shutting down the cpu pass game improve immensly.[/QUOTE]

taken from www.operationsports.com

David.
07-19-2008, 02:37 AM
i've been using it all day and i've won 2 and lost 3 with Clemson, so at least for me it feels pretty realistic, but it isn't too difficult like in past games and the cpu doesn't "cheat" from what i can tell

Mecca
07-19-2008, 04:44 PM
How do you lose games with CJ Spiller, dude is amazing...

Mr. Arrowhead
07-19-2008, 04:47 PM
anybody in here in a online dynasty league

Mecca
07-19-2008, 04:52 PM
anybody in here in a online dynasty league

I'm to busy trying to get my recruits to sign with me in my regular dynasty....

beach tribe
07-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Damn, just when i thought this game was above all the EA BS, I play back to back games where AI selection had complete control of the outcome of the game.

I won the first, with the poor guy I was playing against crying bloody murder, about dropped passes, interceptions, missed tackles, and what have you. I thought he just sucked, as his QB threw lob passes to the middle of the field right to defenders.

The second game I lost. I dropped 4 INts, I don't know how many passes, and QBs accuracy wasn't even close. It' like one team or the other is handicapped by the CPU.
(you know like when you play the cowboys on madden. I had to play them 3 times in a row one time, and LJ got hurt in the 1s Qrter evry time.)

Anyway, i don't like to win that way, and I sure as hell don't like to lose that way.
Should have known better than to think an EA game would be BS free.

Buck
07-20-2008, 01:13 AM
I started a PS3 Online Dynasty.

Let me know if you want in.

So far OU, UT, and Mizzou are taken.

Jewish Rabbi
07-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Campus Legend Mode is pissing me off... Give me the damn ball, if I wanted to block I'd have been a fullback not a halfback!

beach tribe
07-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Campus Legend Mode is pissing me off... Give me the damn ball, if I wanted to block I'd have been a fullback not a halfback!

LJ? Is that you?

doomy3
07-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Is there a way to get rosters for PS3?

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
LJ? Is that you?

ROFL

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Is there a way to get rosters for PS3?

not until the patch is released, which should be in the next couple of days

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 01:03 PM
anybody know how to adjust the sliders or change the difficulty level in dynasty? Im in the middle of one and would like to make it a little harder

Buck
07-20-2008, 01:59 PM
not until the patch is released, which should be in the next couple of days

I actually have the rosters. They are out.

Download my roster at the EA Locker

PSN: BuckinKaeding

Jewish Rabbi
07-20-2008, 02:02 PM
LJ? Is that you?

ROFL :clap:

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 02:29 PM

thanks

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 02:49 PM

I sent the friend request..I tried to accept the one you sent but i guess it was too late since u sent it on the 4th..i never check it..dont even know a lot about the psn network or ea locker or anything like that..theres probably a lot of cool shit u can do that i dont know about

J Diddy
07-20-2008, 02:57 PM
you can download rosters for the 360 with pastapadre

it works just don't edit them

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 02:58 PM
so does anybody know how to adjust the difficulty in the middle of a dynasty..this is too easy...not even sure what its on

Coach
07-20-2008, 06:44 PM
What pisses me off is that Madden is available in PC games, but the NCAA football isn't.

Buck
07-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I sent the friend request..I tried to accept the one you sent but i guess it was too late since u sent it on the 4th..i never check it..dont even know a lot about the psn network or ea locker or anything like that..theres probably a lot of cool shit u can do that i dont know about

lol, i deleted the friends request last night because I was tired of looking at it.

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 09:39 PM
lol, i deleted the friends request last night because I was tired of looking at it.

i tried downloading it but it said download couldnt be completed

DJay23
07-20-2008, 10:42 PM

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

You pretty much have to break off 15 yard run after 15 yard run or they'll run pass plays all game. And then, when you do get the ball on a HB Dive, no one blocks and the D has 8 men in the box anyway.

dj56dt58
07-20-2008, 10:56 PM
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

You pretty much have to break off 15 yard run after 15 yard run or they'll run pass plays all game. And then, when you do get the ball on a HB Dive, no one blocks and the D has 8 men in the box anyway.

ok..I'm confused..Which one if you is LJ?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 02:18 PM
anybody down to starting a chiefplanet 360 online dynasty

HC_Chief
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM

I am.... I have a few friends at work who are talking about starting one. It would be the shiznite if we could get a 12-team dynasty set up! :D

Of course first I need to buy the game...

QuikSsurfer
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM

I'm down. 360?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I am.... I have a few friends at work who are talking about starting one. It would be the shiznite if we could get a 12-team dynasty set up! :D

Of course first I need to buy the game...
that what i was thinking, should we just all do the same conference, or just pick any team?

QuikSsurfer
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM
FOR........ THE............... 360?????

HC_Chief
07-21-2008, 02:42 PM
that what i was thinking, should we just all do the same conference, or just pick any team?

My vote would be for any team.

Quik - yes, 360

Pestilence
07-21-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm down. 360?

FOR........ THE............... 360?????

Hmm....what do you think? :D

QuikSsurfer
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM

lol well damn.. i don't pay attention to you guys :)

RockChalk
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I started a PS3 Online Dynasty.

Let me know if you want in.

So far OU, UT, and Mizzou are taken.

I'm down for this...when are you starting up?

beach tribe
07-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm in I'm In I'm IN.

"Rocky top will always be home sweet home to me"

Good ole Rocky top....,Rocky top Tennessee...eeeeeeeeeeee

Rocky top Tennesseeeeeeeeeeeee"

Mecca
07-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I'll be up for a 360 online dynasty in a few weeks......I want some time to get use to the game and I have some other things to do in the mean time..

But of course USC as always when we do that.

QuikSsurfer
07-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm in I'm In I'm IN.

"Rocky top will always be home sweet home to me"

Good ole Rocky top....,Rocky top Tennessee...eeeeeeeeeeee

Rocky top Tennesseeeeeeeeeeeee"
Ole Miss
Hotty Toddy!!!

Pestilence
07-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Question for the people who play in an Online Dynasty.

Do all the games have to be played for the week before the dynasty can move onto the next week? Say if there are 4 people in the dynasty. If one person can't play their game that week....can the rest of the dynasty move on? Do you have to sim their game? Or do you just have to wait until they play it?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Question for the people who play in an Online Dynasty.

Do all the games have to be played for the week before the dynasty can move onto the next week? Say if there are 4 people in the dynasty. If one person can't play their game that week....can the rest of the dynasty move on? Do you have to sim their game? Or do you just have to wait until they play it?

you dont have to wait, but the commish can go ahead and simulate your game if he choices too. But yea if he simulates it, then the whole league has to move on

Pestilence
07-21-2008, 06:44 PM
you dont have to wait, but the commish can go ahead and simulate your game if he choices too. But yea if he simulates it, then the whole league has to move on

So you can move onto to say Week 2 when one team hasn't played their Week 1 game?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 07:05 PM
So you can move onto to say Week 2 when one team hasn't played their Week 1 game?
yea you can, but everyone will get advance even the guy that didnt play his game

chiefs1111
07-21-2008, 07:15 PM
So has anyone had any really exciting games yet???? I just did a Florida vs Georgia and I won 72-69 in the 7th overtime....... I had 480 yards passing with Tebow with 5td's though i also had a couple INT's but very enjoyable so far.......

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I bought the game last night. So, did the developers all come from MU or what? KU f*cking SUCKS in NCAA 09. FFS, Reesing throws nothing but INTs, the OL can't block effing FIU's DL, Jake Sharp is easily arm-tackled, and the D is slower than Greg Knobinson's "32".

I'll still take 'em in our tourney, but I'm gonna get smoked.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 11:29 AM
ok guys i think im gonna start a 360 12 team online dynasty. I want it to move along very quickly, i like everyone to have their recruiting done and their game that week finished every couple of days. So if you want in just send me a message on my Gamerttag which is Mr. Arrowhead. or a pm through here. So who wants in?

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 11:36 AM
ok guys i think im gonna start a 360 12 team online dynasty. I want it to move along very quickly, i like everyone to have their recruiting done and their game that week finished every couple of days. So if you want in just send me a message on my Gamerttag which is Mr. Arrowhead. or a pm through here. So who wants in?

No need for PM. Right here. Big orange.

RedandGold4life is my gamertag.

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
So has anyone had any really exciting games yet???? I just did a Florida vs Georgia and I won 72-69 in the 7th overtime....... I had 480 yards passing with Tebow with 5td's though i also had a couple INT's but very enjoyable so far.......I got the game on Sunday, and I've been to OT once (I gave up an INT return for a touchdown after BOTH teams missed field goals in the first period) with two game-winning end zone dives and several other one-possession games that went either way.

Ceej
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I am thinking about taking the plunge - trading in some games and paying for the difference.

Any reason why I ought not to?

Pestilence
07-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm trying to figure out if I should get it for the 360 or PS3.

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I am thinking about taking the plunge - trading in some games and paying for the difference.

Any reason why I ought not to?There's the roster problem (a patch has been sent to Sony and Microsoft, so that should be fixed whenever it makes its way through their checks and whatnot), the CPU sliders apparently don't work (HUM apparently affects both human and AI settings), and there are some online dynasty server issues. Those are the biggies.

Game's a lot of fun, though.

Ceej
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
I thought I had heard the roster problem had been somewhat patched up. I thought rosters were available to DL through EA Locker room as long as you didn't edit the rosters you were in the clear, no?

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I thought I had heard the roster problem had been somewhat patched up. I thought rosters were available to DL through EA Locker room as long as you didn't edit the rosters you were in the clear, no?I guess. I downloaded PastaPadre's set and haven't experienced anything untoward yet, so there's that apparent workaround for the next week or so until the patch they sent out passes through the Sony/Microsoft machines.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
ok so far these are the teams taken

Kansas
Oregon
Texas Tech
Auburn
LSU

anybody else want in?

Ceej
07-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Arrowhead, I'll play. I just got home with the game. I may need a day or two to mess around with this game.

Also, where do I get this said Pastapadre's roster set? The only rosters I heard of were in the EA Locker room.

QuikSsurfer
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Arrowhead, I'll play. I just got home with the game. I may need a day or two to mess around with this game.

Also, where do I get this said Pastapadre's roster set? The only rosters I heard of were in the EA Locker room.

Don't get that one. Start up the game and go to the live menu, select "ea locker" and download the roster from this gamertag "EArosters com" - minus the quotes but be sure to leave the space between rosters and com.
Then you'll need to upload the roster that you just downloaded.

Ceej
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Not having any luck. I upload the rosters after I download them and it's still just the players' numbers.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM

Kansas
Oregon
Texas Tech
Auburn
LSU

anybody else want in?

Dude, I want in. I tried to put in your gamer tag but it says it's doesn't exist.

My gamer tag is RednGold4life. Tennessee.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Dude, I want in. I tried to put in your gamer tag but it says it's doesn't exist.

My gamer tag is RednGold4life. Tennessee.
yup got you, sorry my bad

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
here is a updated list of what teams are taken
Kansas
Oregon
Texas Tech
Auburn
LSU
Missouri
Tenn

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 06:02 PM
here is a updated list of what teams are taken
Kansas
Oregon
Texas Tech
Auburn
LSU
Missouri
Tenn

Thanks Bro.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Being the lowest ranked team, I think I'm going to be reminded of what pisses me off about college football.

Mecca
07-22-2008, 06:05 PM
When are you guys starting this......I could get in...

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 06:16 PM
When are you guys starting this......I could get in...
prolly in the next couple days, i can sign you up for USC

Jewish Rabbi
07-22-2008, 06:18 PM

Not quite sure how this works... Do you send all of us invites or do we have to find your league?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Not quite sure how this works... Do you send all of us invites or do we have to find your league?
first i gotta create the league, which i will do tonight, and then you go to Online Dynasty and then view dynasty invites and there will be one waiting for you

Jewish Rabbi
07-22-2008, 06:21 PM
first i gotta create the league, which i will do tonight, and then you go to Online Dynasty and then view dynasty invites and there will be one waiting for you
Aight thanks

Mecca
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM

You can sign me up....are you all ready to bow before dirty sanchez?

Sully
07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Sign me up (sullyman75) for WVU.

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice spread so far. 2 Pac-10, 3 Big XII, 3 SEC, 1 Big East.

I'm fine on Heisman offense, but I'm probably going to get murdered on D with how often I super-sim during regular play. Guess I should actually play a game or two with Oregon before this bad boy starts, too.

crispystl420
07-22-2008, 08:30 PM

Kansas
Oregon
Texas Tech
Auburn
LSU

anybody else want in?
I do I'll take Mizzou if they are available.

crispystl420
07-22-2008, 08:31 PM
crispkc420 is my gamertag.

crispystl420
07-22-2008, 08:38 PM
crispkc420 is my gamertag.
damn mizzou is taken I will take Georgia

Jewish Rabbi
07-22-2008, 08:46 PM
damn mizzou is taken I will take GeorgiaBeat you!

Mecca
07-22-2008, 08:55 PM
I'll do that when I flip it on here in a bit....I think you should all be prepared for the wrath of dirty sanchez!

crispystl420
07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Beat you!

At least somone is representing the black and gold!

Jewish Rabbi
07-22-2008, 09:02 PM
At least somone is representing the black and gold!

Haha yep...I'll do my best

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 09:06 PM
ok guys, i have created the league, we have 10 teams, if anyone else wants in, we can always add you. I have room for 2 more.

Ceej
07-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I'll join

Chyeahhh Son - team - Oklahoma Sooners.

QuikSsurfer
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Quikies83 - Gators ;)

Rebels suck too bad on the game.

Ebolapox
07-22-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll do that when I flip it on here in a bit....I think you should all be prepared for the wrath of dirty sanchez!

dustin diamond? is that you?

how'd the saving of the house go?

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Rocky Top Bitches

dj56dt58
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
anybody setting up one for ps3?

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Rocky Top BitchesI must break you.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Quikies83 - Gators ;)

Rebels suck too bad on the game.
they are already taken

David.
07-23-2008, 12:03 AM
dude, add me i'm ready to pwn

turtlexcore

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 12:04 AM
dude, add me i'm ready to pwn

turtlexcore
what team

David.
07-23-2008, 03:57 AM
I'll take west virginia

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Sully already took WVU, foo

David.
07-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Sully already took WVU, foo

ugh i'm bad at this, i guess i'll go with Penn State

no one else in big ten i'll just have to schedule non conference

then there's the NC too :D

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2008, 08:02 AM
I hope I get to meet one of you jerks in the Emerald Nuts Bowl or something similarly prestigious.

There's always the USC game for Mecca to rip me to shreds, I guess. Put in your second string after it hits 40-0, okay?

beach tribe
07-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Home sweet home.

RockChalk
07-23-2008, 09:28 AM
anybody setting up one for ps3?

I thought BuckinKaeding was setting up one for the PS3? Haven't heard anything from him though.

FYI, the ps3 roster updates are ready to go. Go to the website and you should be able to figure the rest out

http://www.freencaa09rosters.com

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
ok guys we are full, we got a 12 team dynasty. QuikSsurfer sorry we will have have you on a waiting list. Just in case someone drops out. YOU ALL ARE GOING DOWN!!!

beach tribe
07-23-2008, 11:31 AM

HC_Chief
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Sweeeeeeet. First game tonight?

QuikSsurfer
07-23-2008, 11:40 AM
ok guys we are full, we got a 12 team dynasty. QuikSsurfer sorry we will have have you on a waiting list. Just in case someone drops out. YOU ALL ARE GOING DOWN!!!

Very cool.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Sweeeeeeet. First game tonight?
Yup i will advance to week 1, somewhere around 6 oclock tonight

beach tribe
07-23-2008, 12:04 PM
**** yeah!

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Home sweet home.You really don't understand. If you do not reign yourself in, I am going to hunt you down.

Ceej
07-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey Quikies, you can take my spot man.

Mecca
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Yup i will advance to week 1, somewhere around 6 oclock tonight

My XBOX live has been funky, I'll get signed up here in a bit, don't advance without me, I just have to fix this crap.

QuikSsurfer
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey Quikies, you can take my spot man.

Are you sure??
Who is your team?

Ceej
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah, go ahead. I need to play a couple of seasons in my dynasty to get used to the game.

I chose OU.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Are you sure??
Who is your team?

what team do you want

HC_Chief
07-23-2008, 02:57 PM
So how does the season work? We play the team schedules for the Dynasty just like we would in single-player mode, only playing each other when on our respective schedule (or bowl game)?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
So how does the season work? We play the team schedules for the Dynasty just like we would in single-player mode, only playing each other when on our respective schedule (or bowl game)?
yup, its pretty much like a regualr dynasty except we play each other sometimes and we recruit against each other

QuikSsurfer
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
what team do you want

Seminoles available?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Seminoles available?
yup

QuikSsurfer
07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
yup

I'll take em

beach tribe
07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
You really don't understand. If you do not reign yourself in, I am going to hunt you down.

Where are you from?

David.
07-23-2008, 05:58 PM
we should start soon

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
sorry for the hold up guys, but i prolly wont be advancing to week 1 until late tonight or tomorrow morning. I am having some problems adding somebody

dj56dt58
07-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I thought BuckinKaeding was setting up one for the PS3? Haven't heard anything from him though.

FYI, the ps3 roster updates are ready to go. Go to the website and you should be able to figure the rest out

http://www.freencaa09rosters.com

thanks

HolmeZz
07-23-2008, 09:48 PM
So is there a PS3 roster out there that you can edit after downloading?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 09:53 PM
whether or not you have your preseason stuff done, i will be advancing to week 1 at 10 pm.

Mecca
07-23-2008, 11:17 PM
I redshirted a ton of guys lol......you guys are going to marvel at my recruiting class!

David.
07-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I won easily gotta love fcs teams

108-0 but I lost my star wide receiver derrick williams to a broken collarbone out 11 weeks :( that hurt the most

KCChiefsMan
07-23-2008, 11:50 PM
I'll play my game tomorrow evening after work. I didn't have time tonight, sorry.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 02:43 AM
I won easily gotta love fcs teams

108-0 but I lost my star wide receiver derrick williams to a broken collarbone out 11 weeks :( that hurt the most

That's why I played mine.....I didn't get as many points but no one got hurt...and I had a better team than anyone else did to play.

Pablo
07-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Just bought this game about 3 hours ago.

Played through the first time with Kansas vs. Mizzou against my buddy(who admittedly doesn't play many sports games), and was up 21 to 10 in the 3rd when I picked him off again and he quit. KS was waaayyy overmatched, if he had played sports game much more often he should have been able to keep it pretty competitive and beat me pretty easily with Mizzou's offense.

Then I played through against CPU Oklahoma with Georgia and beat them 24-10. Pretty complete game. I enjoy it. Loved running with Knowshon. I hardly ever pass in football games, none of my friends want to play Madden with me anymore because I "run the ball too much".

Jewish Rabbi
07-24-2008, 03:02 AM
That's why I played mine.....I didn't get as many points but no one got hurt...and I had a better team than anyone else did to play.

I had #18 Illinois... still got the shutout tho, 35-0.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 03:07 AM
I had #18 Illinois... still got the shutout tho, 35-0.

Alright that's better than me I admit......I however just whipped some dudes ass in online play that was using Missouri.

Jewish Rabbi
07-24-2008, 03:40 AM
Alright that's better than me I admit......I however just whipped some dudes ass in online play that was using Missouri.

That doesn't necessarily say anything about Mizzou tho, so I don't get where you're going with this...

Mecca
07-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Just sayin!

Mecca
07-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Did you all recruit and play your games for the week yet?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-24-2008, 02:24 PM
try to get your recruiting and get your game played by tonight. So we can advance the league

Mecca
07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Mine's been done for awhile.......my recruiting class will own!

QuikSsurfer
07-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Mine's been done for awhile.......my recruiting class will own!

http://www.dreamstime.com/shiny-gold-star-thumb2175714.jpg

Mecca
07-24-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm just happy to be in Cali where none of you other guys are teams........it's fun to watch Florida and FSU deal with each other.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
anybody got any commitments yet

QuikSsurfer
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM
at work right now - i'll be home around 5 and will knock out week 1.