PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hello, Night Crew

KCJohnny
07-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Hey guys (or as we say in Korea, anyong ha-say-oh),
Just checking in. We arrived in Korea last week and are just getting settled.
CP oldtimers will remember the last time I was here (the infamous CARE package from Coach Cunningham). Back then the Chiefs were playoff contenders so Armed Forces Network (AFN) carried about 6 live Chiefs games for the 1999 season. I got up at 0200 to watch those games.

This season I don't know how I'll be able to watch Chiefs games. Does anyone know of a way to download the games (even grainy low-fi versions) within a few days of the airing on TV? Or any other way to stay current other than live radio streaming with the internet live box score?

Since I'm 14 hours ahead of most of you, I will be a member of the graveyard shift for the next two seasons. So let's get acquainted :toast:. The good news is I'm supposed to be assigned to Ft. Riley, KS in time for the 2010 season and we should be contenders by then with all the kids getting some valuable experience. I plan on buying season's tickets.

Well, hope all is well in your end of the USA. Korea is a fantastic country and the food rocks!

KCJohnny
:arrow:

Smed1065
07-05-2008, 01:46 AM
LOL

Skip Towne
07-05-2008, 07:24 AM
The food rocks? You must not be in the same Korea I was in. Enjoy the kimchi.

alanm
07-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Howdy John, Don't worry. There's a few guys here who copy the games and make them available to download via a Bit Torrent client.
You should be good to go after the games are over and they've seeded them to a server.

milkman
07-05-2008, 08:21 AM

When you've eaten crow as often as Johnny, almost any food rocks by comparison.

Cntrygal
07-05-2008, 08:26 AM

No kidding! I must have been in a different ROK too...

Enjoy your tour KCJ!

Joie
07-05-2008, 02:21 PM
One of my friends has been teaching in Korea for the past few years, and she likes the food too.

Enjoy your time there...she has seen alot of interesting things while she's been over there (such as the DMZ).

Skip Towne
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM

Good one.

Smed1065
07-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I was in Seoul Korea in 99.

Best way is a slingbox, if you have someone in the area that gets the games.

2 years must be an officer?

Enjoy.

Ebolapox
07-05-2008, 04:46 PM
sooooo.... are we just ignoring the last 50-100 posts from when you were 'just here' again? cause, we weren't playoff contenders this time last year.

|Zach|
07-06-2008, 01:12 AM

:LOL:

KCJohnny
07-06-2008, 05:02 AM
sooooo.... are we just ignoring the last 50-100 posts from when you were 'just here' again? cause, we weren't playoff contenders this time last year.

Here = Korea, not Chiefs Planet. The '99 Chiefs were in the driver's seat to win the AFCW going into the final game of the season when they were upset in OT by the Raiders 41-38.

KCJohnny
07-06-2008, 05:04 AM
I was in Seoul Korea in 99.

Best way is a slingbox, if you have someone in the area that gets the games.

2 years must be an officer?

Enjoy.

What is a slingbox? I'm a Master Sergeant, not an officer. I can't imagine anyone here gets the games. I was hoping someone would upload lo fi versions to the internet and I could download them by quarter or something. Oh well, there's always the Planet I guess...

KCJohnny
07-06-2008, 05:06 AM
One of my friends has been teaching in Korea for the past few years, and she likes the food too.

Enjoy your time there...she has seen alot of interesting things while she's been over there (such as the DMZ).

Its an acquired taste. People who enjoy gorging themselves on greasy fried American fast foods wouldn't enjoy the delights of Korean cuisine. Thanks, we're trying to make the best of it. I was disappointed in this assignment. I was ready to go back to Iraq.

Dave Lane
07-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Bam!!

Dave

ElGringo
07-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Some suggestions for watching the games that I have learned since moving to Mexico...TenYardTorrents, they usually get torrents up quickly after the game has ended, and streamtvnow, it is a pay service, but relatively cheap, they stream live games with pretty good quality

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2008, 12:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingbox

If you know somebody in KC who will always watch the game, you can put the slingbox on his/her TV and it will stream the broadcast over the internet on your computer.

KCJohnny
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Some suggestions for watching the games that I have learned since moving to Mexico...TenYardTorrents, they usually get torrents up quickly after the game has ended, and streamtvnow, it is a pay service, but relatively cheap, they stream live games with pretty good quality

Thanks Gringo - I am exploring streamTVnow and I will have to do some research as I do not know what a torrent is. Your help is greatly appreciated!
KCJ
:arrow:

KCJohnny
07-06-2008, 08:14 PM

If you know somebody in KC who will always watch the game, you can put the slingbox on his/her TV and it will stream the broadcast over the internet on your computer.

Sports Racer - great info! Thanks for the assist!!!!
:thumb:

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Well...as long as the game isn't blacked out. ;)