PDA

View Full Version : Football Culpepper is DUMB

Buehler445
07-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Please note that I DO NOT want to bring Culpepper in, but it is the slowest part of the off-season, so I gotta have something football related. So here you go. Culpepper is a 'tard. What? Does he think he's going to START somewhere? Seriously?

Bad advice
I was caught a bit off guard this week by Daunte Culpepper confirming he turned down a $1 million contract to be Aaron Rodgers backup in Green Bay. One reason the Culpepper situation is so interesting is that he represents himself and does not retain the services of an agent. There are strong-willed and intelligent players throughout the league who think about doing the same thing, but few ever do.

This is because sometimes -- who am I kidding? often -- players have an overly inflated opinion of themselves and their market value. An agent can work as a buffer to relay the reality of the situation to a player who might otherwise be unaware. Though Culpepper says he is speaking with several teams and does not seem concerned about his job status, it's hard to imagine another team that would be a better situation for him.

If he had signed with Green Bay before the draft, he would have had the chance to back up an inexperienced, unproven player on a team with legitimate Super Bowl talent everywhere else on the roster. Should Rodgers badly falter or get injured, Culpepper could have been waiting in the wings.

Culpepper declined to go into the specifics on why he declined the offer so there is no way of knowing what exactly turned him off. That being said, it will be very interesting to see how the next two months turn out for him. I think there is a very good chance that Culpepper will rue his decision or wish he had had an agent who was looking out for his best interests back in April.

Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/06/26/tucks.takes/index.html)

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Well he isn't the brightest that is for sure....bring him in for a look if he'll sign for cheap:whackit:

BigVE
07-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry, I would take a chance on Culpepper before I would settle for Huard again.

Bowser
07-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Sounds like Culpepper has Barry Bondsitis, minus the Hall of Fame numbers.

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, BRETT FAVRE will be starting for the Packers, and I don't think Culpepper wants to be a third-stringer.

Deberg_1990
07-06-2008, 12:00 PM
If the Chiefs bring Culpepper in for a look, hes instantly the best QB on the roster.

milkman
07-06-2008, 12:06 PM
If the Chiefs bring Culpepper in for a look, hes instantly the best QB on the roster.

Culpepper was never a good QB.

He just had a lot of weapons, and he didn't **** it up, except for his fumbling.

Almost any QB that had the brains to just throw the ball up to Moss would have seen success.

Without Moss and Carter, he sucked ass, and has since.

Bugeater
07-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if someone gave him another shot.

blueballs
the vikes and pack are bitter rivals
I could see something happening -him saying i'd never play for Green Bay
why he would chose to visit though is a question

Pasta Giant Meatball

:Lin: Sorry, I'd rather go with Brodie or heck even Thigpen over that retread.

milkman
07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Culpepper to Packers.

"A million bucks?

I can't feed my fat ass on a measley mil."

blueballs
07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
brokie over don't hey
any day of the week

Bowser
07-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if someone gave him another shot.

Randy Moss, Cris Carter, and Dennis Green's offense made Culpepper what he used to be.

Bowser
07-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Brokie. Heh.

Deberg_1990
07-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Culpepper was never a good QB.

He just had a lot of weapons, and he didn't **** it up, except for his fumbling.

Almost any QB that had the brains to just throw the ball up to Moss would have seen success.

Without Moss and Carter, he sucked ass, and has since.

I agree. Sorry, i meant that more as a reflection on how bad the Chiefs current QB situation is more than anything.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Randy Moss, Cris Carter, and Dennis Green's offense made Culpepper what he used to be.

Yep. Throw in the injuries he has had and he's a shell of his former self anyway.

Bowser
07-06-2008, 12:12 PM
I agree. Sorry, i meant that more as a reflection on how bad the Chiefs current QB situation is more than anything.

Plenty of room on the Thigpen bandwagon.

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to see playing time this year?

milkman
07-06-2008, 12:14 PM

I don't know that Brodie Croyle will succeed, and won't be surprised if he doesn't.

What I do know is that I don't want to bring in another suckass QB into what might already be a suckass QB mix.

Deberg_1990
07-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Leftwich is still out there too. I imagine we will see him somewhere around week 5 or 6.

alanm
07-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Sorry, I would take a chance on Culpepper before I would settle for Huard again.
If that was the only choice I'm with you.
But I'd like to see what Thigpen can do given the hype about him so far.
Hell, I'd be thrilled to death to see Croyle succeed.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Leftwich is still out there too. I imagine we will see him somewhere around week 5 or 6.

Nooooo thanks. His butt needs to stay as far from KC as possible.

milkman
07-06-2008, 12:21 PM

AAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Leftwich sucks more than Culpepper.

Deberg_1990
07-06-2008, 12:24 PM
AAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Leftwich sucks more than Culpepper.

Hey, im just throwin this stuff out there. We all know how Carl thinks.

Id imagine he will get pretty impatient if the Chiefs are solid everywhere else but QB.

Bowser
07-06-2008, 12:25 PM

Id imagine he will get pretty impatient if the Chiefs are solid everywhere else but QB.

"We still have Damon Huard on the roster".

milkman
07-06-2008, 12:27 PM

He?

Who he?

Carl?
Herman ****ing Edwards?

Deberg_1990
07-06-2008, 12:31 PM
He?

Who he?

Carl?
Herman ****ing Edwards?

Carl, but i guess you could say both. If the Chiefs have another season like last year or worse, they most likely will both be gone.

Pablo
07-06-2008, 12:33 PM

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to see playing time this year?After watching him throw at an OTA, I sure as hell hope not. He looked atrociously bad, maybe it was a bad day, but when David Greene and Damon Huard are showing you up, it's never a good thing.

Bowser
07-06-2008, 12:33 PM
If the Chiefs have another season like last year or worse, they most likely will both be gone.

I like the way you think, but seeing as how this is Carl and the Chiefs, I'll believe it when I see it.

Pablo
07-06-2008, 12:34 PM
And seriously, f*ck Culpepper and f*ck Leftwich just as hard.

Buehler445
07-06-2008, 12:36 PM
It will be really tough to support either Culpepper or Leftwich if they get on this roster. They are worthless and would only be brought in to "win now." If we are going to go with a retread, I'd rather it be after we have decent team established.

milkman
07-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Carl, but i guess you could say both. If the Chiefs have another season like last year or worse, they most likely will both be gone.

I think both get a pass for this season, especially if Croyle doesn't pan out.

I also believe that Clark Hunt, for reasons unfathomable, believes in Herman ****ing Edwards, so he'll give Herman ****ing Edwards at least three more seasons.

If Carl actually retires when this contract expires, Kuharich gets promoted to GM.

blueballs
07-06-2008, 12:39 PM
wasn't culpepper the highest paid player or qb
in the league at one time
those guys usually don't go broke quickly

BigVE
07-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Thigpen has been listed as the 3rd qb most of the times I have seen it so that means he will have to beat out Huard in camp...if he has to WORK to do that then just like with Brodie last year...no thanks. If you can not beat out Huard then why should we bother with you?

Pablo
07-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Thigpen has been listed as the 3rd qb most of the times I have seen it so that means he will have to beat out Huard in camp...if he has to WORK to do that then just like with Brodie last year...no thanks. If you can not beat out Huard then why should we bother with you?I honestly don't think he has what it takes to beat out Huard. And yes, he looks worse than Brodie did last year. Maybe he'll step up in preseason and establish himself, but I'd say Huard is more than likely our #2 for the time being.

Brodie looked spot on, but the only gripe I have is he didn't really progress through his reads, especially when he was targeting Bowe. They have great chemistry, but I hope he actually progresses through his reads come game time instead of just going after 82. But it would probably work out either way.

BigVE
07-06-2008, 01:45 PM
I honestly don't think he has what it takes to beat out Huard. And yes, he looks worse than Brodie did last year. Maybe he'll step up in preseason and establish himself, but I'd say Huard is more than likely our #2 for the time being.

Brodie looked spot on, but the only gripe I have is he didn't really progress through his reads, especially when he was targeting Bowe. They have great chemistry, but I hope he actually progresses through his reads come game time instead of just going after 82. But it would probably work out either way.
Well if he learns to check at LEAST 88 along WITH 82 it will be an improvement. :)

Pablo
07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Well if he learns to check at LEAST 88 along WITH 82 it will be an improvement. :)Tony wasn't at the OTA I was at. He did get the ball to Cottam quite a bit though.

Demonpenz
07-06-2008, 03:09 PM
the starting qb for this year isn't on the roster yet. The chiefs are in wait and see mode to see if pennington gets cut

Buehler445
07-06-2008, 03:13 PM
the starting qb for this year isn't on the roster yet. The chiefs are in wait and see mode to see if pennington gets cut

:cuss:

Pablo
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
the starting qb for this year isn't on the roster yet. The chiefs are in wait and see mode to see if pennington gets cutAt least he ain't a dumb skinny hick like Brokie.

Har har har har.

FA's 4 da WIN!!!1!!

Count Zarth
07-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Damon Huard > Culpepper

Adept Havelock
07-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Damon Huard > Culpepper

Matt Blundin > Damon Huard > Culpepper.

Buehler445
07-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Damon Huard > Culpepper

That's like starting an arguement about which is more fun, having a catheter put in, or being involved in a farm accident.

But that is an interesting statement. Why do you say that?

Count Zarth
07-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Because I'd rather have Huard than Culpepper.

Buehler445
07-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Because I'd rather have Huard than Culpepper.

OK. Why?

Reerun_KC
07-06-2008, 04:22 PM
OK. Why?
Dude you have to ask? ROFL

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/ZorakXSlayer/Motivational%20Pictures/ButtSex.jpg

Count Zarth
07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
OK. Why?

More accurate, more intelligent, better under pressure, doesn't fumble as much. Not a headcase. Not out of shape. White. Better-looking. Better haircut. Better cook. Better kisser and he's great IN THE BEDROOM.

SNR
07-06-2008, 06:15 PM
If the Chiefs bring Culpepper in for a look, hes instantly the best QB on the roster.Yeah, and if the Chiefs brought in Trent Dilfer he'd probably be the best QB on the roster.

What's your point? Does that make it smart?

chagrin
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to see playing time this year?

hopefully :p