PDA

View Full Version : News Brian Bosworth helps rescue woman from car accident

chiefs1111
07-06-2008, 01:43 PM
A former NFL football star from Los Angeles assisted with the rescue of a woman who rolled her mini-SUV several times Saturday afternoon near Falcon Lake and ended up trapped and hidden in a ditch.

Brian Bosworth, known as "the Boz" from his linebacking days with the Seattle Seahawks in the 1980s, said he was on his way to the Winnipeg airport when he approached the accident scene on the Trans-Canada Highway near Whitemouth River.

Paramedics remove injured woman from her vehicle after a rollover near Falcon Lake. Brian Bosworth, centre in light shirt, helped with the rescue. (Tom Thomson / Winnipeg Free Press )

"I happened to tail in on the backside and there were ambulances and a fire truck. It looked like she rolled at least two or three times because the car ended up facing the opposite direction of oncoming traffic, upside down in the ditch," Bosworth said.

RCMP Sgt. Line Karpish said a 39-year-old woman from Calgary was behind the wheel. Karpish said the woman was travelling eastbound on the Trans-Canada to Ontario. She hit the shoulder, the vehicle rolled and hit the ditch. Karpish said a 26-year-old man from Calgary was also in the vehicle, but he was not trapped.

Bosworth said the wreck couldn't be seen easily from the highway. He said the shoulder on that stretch of the road took a dramatic drop and the car landed in a swampy area.

"She could have stayed there for hours behind a bunch of weeds. Her car was hidden ... . She was very fortunate they got to her so quickly. Her car was crushed," he said.

The paramedics had to use the jaws of life to get the woman out. Bosworth said they dismantled the vehicle completely. He was asked to take a piece of equipment down to the paramedics and once he got down to the victim, he said it was clear they needed more manpower.

"She was in shock and in pain and we couldn't really move her. Her legs were pinned. We had to cut the steering wheel off. She was screaming every time we moved her," Bosworth said. "It took five or six guys to get her into the ambulance. "

Driver and passenger were taken to St. Anne's Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

"I see that a lot in the area, the highways aren't the greatest. They are not very forgiving highways. She's lucky. She just missed the guardrail to the river. This could have been really bad," Karpish said.

Bosworth was fishing in the area with his son.

I was wondering what happened to this guy. I was just watching top 10 nfl draft busts on NFL Network the other day.

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2008, 01:43 PM
PUBLICITY STUNT

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Also, link?

Hydrae
07-06-2008, 01:47 PM
RCMP Sgt. Line Karpish said a 39-year-old woman from Calgary was behind the wheel. Karpish said the woman was travelling eastbound on the Trans-Canada to Ontario. She hit the shoulder, the vehicle rolled and hit the ditch. Karpish said a 26-year-old man from Calgary was also in the vehicle, but he was not trapped.

Bosworth said the wreck couldn't be seen easily from the highway. He said the shoulder on that stretch of the road took a dramatic drop and the car landed in a swampy area.

"She could have stayed there for hours behind a bunch of weeds. Her car was hidden ... . She was very fortunate they got to her so quickly. Her car was crushed," he said.

:spock:

Skip Towne
07-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I wonder what he is doing now. Selling insurance?

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I wonder what he is doing now. Selling insurance?

Bosworth became a real estate agent for The Sotheby's International Realty Malibu Brokerage office.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Bosworth#cite_note-0)</sup> In August 2007 he was listed as the selling agent for the sale of his own Malibu home at 6375 Meadows Court.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Bosworth#cite_note-1)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Bosworth
</sup>

chiefs1111
07-06-2008, 01:51 PM
www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/story/4195226p-4786569c.html

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ips_rich_content/953-a4accident.jpg

vailpass
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Cool. Remember a bunch of years back when Herschel Walker did something similar?
Does this mean Boz has MPD?

Adept Havelock
07-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Did he fly a Harley off a ramp into a Huey shortly thereafter?

If not, he's lost his burst.

BigVE
07-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Wonder if he still flinches when somebody says "LOOK OUT there's BO JACKSON!!!"

jidar
07-06-2008, 02:28 PM
judging from the picture they needed the boz there to help move her because she was so fat

Demonpenz
07-06-2008, 02:39 PM
jeez boz was so awesome in college. He was the last Defender only that I remember getting heisman hype. (yes I know woodson got it but he returned punts and played some O)

alanm
07-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I was wondering what happened to this guy. I was just watching top 10 nfl draft busts on NFL Network the other day
He had to retire due to a chronic bad shoulder. He never really had a chance to play all that much.

luv
07-06-2008, 02:51 PM
For some reason, whenever I saw Brian Bosworth, I was thinking of some child actor. He played on Family Ties as the little boy who wanted to be like Alex (Michael J Fox).

blackhawk
07-06-2008, 03:16 PM
dam look at her arms can she play DT!

KCUnited
07-06-2008, 03:54 PM
He had to retire due to his addiction to P2P.

Deberg_1990
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I miss his action star days. Although he still acts from time to time. He was in Sandlers "Longest Yard"

stlchiefs
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ips_rich_content/953-a4accident.jpg

Well look who wears flip flops. :thumb:

penchief
07-06-2008, 04:24 PM
jeez boz was so awesome in college. He was the last Defender only that I remember getting heisman hype. (yes I know woodson got it but he returned punts and played some O)

He was soley a product of steroids in college. He wasn't good enough for the pros.

Bwana
07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Nice driving skills. I wonder if she is related to my local river boy?

Lonewolf Ed
07-06-2008, 06:11 PM
For some reason, whenever I saw Brian Bosworth, I was thinking of some child actor. He played on Family Ties as the little boy who wanted to be like Alex (Michael J Fox).

Ah, yes... Brian Bonsall. His breakout role was on Star Trek the Next Generation as Worf's son. After that, he... um... probably got in trouble with the law?

Kerberos
07-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Well look who wears flip flops. :thumb:

Well he WAS in Canada. :spock:

Phobia
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
A former NFL football star

Uh - no.

Halfcan
07-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Maybe this will jump start his awesome Movie career again-hee hee

stlchiefs
07-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe this will jump start his awesome Movie career again-hee hee

Rescue 911?

KcMizzou
07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
The guy did a good deed.

Props to him.

Nothing else should matter.

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
The guy did a good deed.

Props to him.

QFT

Phobia
07-06-2008, 10:30 PM
The guy did a good deed.

Props to him.

Should indeed. Unfortunately, it does. First of all, had it not been The Boz nobody would have heard of this event outside of the immediate 4 or 5 county area.

However, big ups to him no doubt.