3B Aramis Ramirez, CHC R/R
SS Cristian Guzman, WAS S/R
SS Miguel Tejada, HOU R/R
OF Matt Holliday, COL R/R
OF Ryan Ludwick, STL R/L
OF Nate McLouth, PIT L/R

DeezNutz
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Guillen is going to beat an assistant coach down for this snub.

Ari Chi3fs
07-06-2008, 01:57 PM
apparently there is a FINAL VOTE at MLB.com and Guillen is one of the choices that we can vote in. Fat Chance, though.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2008/fv/ballot.html

Hoover
07-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't think Soriano and Fukudome should even be going to the All Star game and I'm a huge Cubs fan...

little jacob
07-06-2008, 01:58 PM
the Rays, best team in the major leagues, only get Kazmir. Meanwhile 6 of the 9 players in the starting lineup are from the Yankees or Red Sox. cant wait to watch this game. :rolleyes:

Varitek after the god awful season he's having? The guy is hitting .219 and is a reserve for the all star game.

he has rivera and papelbon, who you know will get the save chance. i bet he doesn't even use Soria.

francona is such a douche.

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2008, 01:59 PM
the Rays, best team in the major leagues, only get Kazmir. Meanwhile 6 of the 9 players in the starting lineup are from the Yankees or Red Sox. cant wait to watch this game. :rolleyes:

Varitek after the god awful season he's having? The guy is hitting .219 and is a reserve for the all star game.

francona is such a douche

Kazmir and Navarro. Longoria is up for the "last man in".

little jacob
07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Kazmir and Navarro. Longoria is up for the "last man in".

navarro is a reserve. doesn't the manager get to pick who goes if someone else goes down? want to guess which reserve catcher it would be?

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2008, 02:02 PM
I wonder if he'll even get to play.

little jacob
07-06-2008, 02:03 PM
i voted for longoria as the last man in. i'm sure francona is rooting against him since i guess the Rays are second class citizens in the AL

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 02:07 PM

he has rivera and papelbon, who you know will get the save chance. i bet he doesn't even use Soria.

Your and Idiot, Drew, Papelbon and Varitek were voted in on the Player Ballot.

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 02:08 PM

So true. The AS game has been a joke for years.

pr_capone
07-06-2008, 02:09 PM
On the NL roster, McCann is a Catcher, not a 1B

little jacob
07-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Your an Idiot, Drew, Papelbon and Varitek were voted in on the Player Ballot.

"your" an idiot!:doh!:

i'm beating him up for not selecting some of them to make up for the fan 'name recognition' scoring, there are plenty of worthy players.

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2008, 02:14 PM

I know! Everybody knows it should be "your and idiot".

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I know! Everybody knows it should be "your and idiot".

fixed.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 02:17 PM

i'm beating him up for not selecting some of them to make up for the fan 'name recognition' scoring, there are plenty of worthy players.

my bad your and idiot, the PLAYERS voted those guys in, so why should Tito try and "make up" for that?

Demonpenz
07-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I hope he doesn't get in. We finally have a top notch pitcher, I don't want to risk him

Sure-Oz
07-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I hope he does get an inning or something so everyone can see a great royals player for once...

He deserves to be there and i hope he gets an opp. to play

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I hope he does get an inning or something so everyone can see a great royals player for once...

He deserves to be there and i hope he gets an opp. to play

Papelbons first year he was selected (06) he never got in. Id like to see him pitch as well but if not I doubt this will be his last ASG.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Well if they truly play to win he should get to play, because nobody has been better than him this year.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 03:09 PM

FYI how many Sox are in this list???

Francona added infielder Carlos Guillen of the Tigers, catcher Dioner Navarro of the Rays and pitchers George Sherrill of the Orioles, Justin Duchscherer of the A's and Joe Nathan of the Twins.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
FYI how many Sox are in this list???

Francona added infielder Carlos Guillen of the Tigers, catcher Dioner Navarro of the Rays and pitchers George Sherrill of the Orioles, Justin Duchscherer of the A's and Joe Nathan of the Twins.

Well since the Boston fans stuffed the ballot there really wasn't anyone for him to add :thumb:

SPATCH
07-06-2008, 03:18 PM
what the AL's starting lineup should be:

C: Joe Mauer
1B: Justin Morneau
2B: Ian Kinsler
SS: Michael Young
3B: Joe Crede
LF: Grady Sizemore
CF: Josh Hamilton
RF: Ichiro Suzuki
P: Scott Kazmir

Kinsler and Young are getting ****ed imo

i hate seeing all those goddamn yankees and red sox in the starting lineup when they don't deserve it..

**** THE FANS. THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
what the AL's starting lineup should be:

C: Joe Mauer
1B: Justin Morneau
2B: Ian Kinsler
SS: Michael Young
3B: Joe Crede
LF: Grady Sizemore
CF: Josh Hamilton
RF: Ichiro Suzuki
P: Scott Kazmir

Kinsler and Young are getting ****ed imo

i hate seeing all those goddamn yankees and red sox in the starting lineup when they don't deserve it..

**** THE FANS. THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS

How does Pedroia not deserve it? Because he plays for the Sox?? He and Kinsler stat wise are very close it could have gone either way.

I think JD Drew got ****ed he should be in RF

Kazmir to start? Duchscherer should get the nod there.

As much as I hate Jeter again it could have gone both ways there.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 03:37 PM
How does Pedroia not deserve it? Because he plays for the Sox?? He and Kinsler stats are very close it could have gone either way.

Kinsler .328 14 homers 53 RBI 77 RUNS 23 SB

pedroia .313 9 HR 39 RBI 60 RUNS 9 SB

both earned a spot, but tell me who you think deserves to start?

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Kinsler .328 14 homers 53 RBI 77 RUNS 23 SB

pedroia .313 9 HR 39 RBI 60 RUNS 9 SB

both earned a spot, but tell me who you think deserves to start?

Kinsler 16 errors and a .968 FTPC

pedroia 5 errors and a .988 FTPC

You tell me.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 03:50 PM

You tell me.

Touche :thumb:

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 03:54 PM

You tell me.

LOL, are you seriously trying to use errors to support an argument for Pedroia?

Kinsler demolishes Pedroia as a player, and every GM in the league would rather have him than mini-me Pedroia. A 148 OPS+ demolishes a 114.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Touche :thumb:

Like I said it could go both ways here, while Im a borderline obsessive Sox fan I dont think Many, Ortiz, or Tek deserved to go.

HolmeZz
07-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Hurdle's a f*cking dick. How do Santana, Wright, and Reyes all miss making the team?

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 03:58 PM
LOL, are you seriously trying to use errors to support an argument for Pedroia?

Kinsler demolishes Pedroia as a player, and every GM in the league would rather have him than mini-me Pedroia. A 148 OPS+ demolishes a 114.

What a joke LMAO.
Pedroias OPS+ for the past 2 seasons 112 and 114. Kinsler has had 105 109 and is playing out of his mind with a 148. Lets see where he ends up and the end of the year.

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Really?? Pedroias OPS+ for the past 2 seasons 112 and 114

......and? Kinsler has a 148+ this season, like I just said.

148 > 114 and 112.

HolmeZz
07-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Kinsler deserves to be starting over Pedroia and it's really not debatable.

Pedroia was actually having an awful year until recently.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
......and? Kinsler has a 148+ this season, like I just said.

148 > 114 and 112.

ahh but you left out 105 and 109.....

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 04:05 PM
ahh but you left out 105 and 109.....

ROFL

You want to use Kinsler's 2006 numbers as an argument against him starting in the 2008 All Star game?!

I can't figure out if you're a tool or just a moron.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Kinsler deserves to be starting over Pedroia and it's really not debatable.

Pedroia was actually having an awful year until recently.

He did have a slump but isnít it great to have an "awful year" and still be hitting .313 and be in the top 2 in a number of categories?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 04:08 PM
ROFL

You want to use Kinsler's 2006 numbers as an argument against him starting in the 2008 All Star game?!

I can't figure out if you're a tool or just a moron.

:thumb: you're a bad ass. How many one year wonders even make the team?? And how do you figure fielding doesn’t factor in? Do they only hit in the ASG?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 04:11 PM
:thumb: you're a bad ass. How many one year wonders even make the team??

One year wonder? You're now trying to say Kinsler is a one year wonder, yet Pedroia is this established superstar talent?

Look, I get it that you're a big Boston fan, but just admit when you're wrong and walk away from this argument. Everyone without a bias knows Kinsler deserves to be starting over Pedroia since his season blows Pedroia's out of the water.

HolmeZz
07-06-2008, 04:19 PM
He did have a slump but isn’t it great to have an "awful year" and still be hitting .313 and be in the top 2 in a number of categories?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I said until recently. A few weeks ago it was his OBP that was hovering around .313.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 04:23 PM
One year wonder? You're now trying to say Kinsler is a one year wonder, yet Pedroia is this established superstar talent?

Look, I get it that you're a big Boston fan, but just admit when you're wrong and walk away from this argument. Everyone without a bias knows Kinsler deserves to be starting over Pedroia since his season blows Pedroia's out of the water.

There are 2 sides to the game, Kinsler is having a better offensive year than Pedroia but once you take in ALL the stats its not the desparity that people are making it out to be IMO. I think Brian Roberts could have been there as well.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 04:24 PM
I said until recently. A few weeks ago it was his OBP that was hovering around .313.

He did have a nasty slump, its nice to think what his numbers would be like if he hadnít.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Mizzou_8541
07-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Your and Idiot, Drew, Papelbon and Varitek were voted in on the Player Ballot.

Who is the idiot?

SPATCH
07-06-2008, 04:35 PM
How does Pedroia not deserve it? Because he plays for the Sox?? He and Kinsler stat wise are very close it could have gone either way.

I think that the Rays deserve at least one starter for having the best record in baseball... anyway, i'm not going to be upset about duchscherer starting..

oh, and i neglected to mention that there is no way Ortiz deserves to start at DH over Uncle Milty

edit: i noticed ortiz is on the 15-day DL. is he expected to play?

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 04:36 PM
There are 2 sides to the game, Kinsler is having a better offensive year than Pedroia but once you take in ALL the stats its not the desparity that people are making it out to be IMO. I think Brian Roberts could have been there as well.

Okay, so what does Pedroia do better than Kinsler? The only thing you brought up was errors and that is stupid because a player with a great range is going to have more errors because he gets to more balls.

Kinsler beats Pedroia in BA, OBS, SLG, HR, RBI, SB, Runs, Doubles, Triples....do we really have to go on? It's not close at all.

thurman merman
07-06-2008, 05:03 PM
I hope he doesn't get in. We finally have a top notch pitcher, I don't want to risk him

what, since there is such a huge risk of injury pitching a maximum of one inning in the all star game?

thurman merman
07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
congratulations to soria. i hope he enjoys being around a squad full of real players for one night.

Adept Havelock
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
At least we are sending someone who deserves to be there for a change. It got pretty sad seeing us send up players who were only there because each team has to send one player.

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
At least we are sending someone who deserves to be there for a change. It got pretty sad seeing us send up players who were only there because each team has to send one player.

Mark Redman..... (shudder)

thurman merman
07-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Mark Redman..... (shudder)

yeah, what was ERA that year? 6 something?

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Okay, so what does Pedroia do better than Kinsler? The only thing you brought up was errors and that is stupid because a player with a great range is going to have more errors because he gets to more balls.

Kinsler beats Pedroia in BA, OBS, SLG, HR, RBI, SB, Runs, Doubles, Triples....do we really have to go on? It's not close at all.

Fielding stats. Kinsler does have better range but that doesn’t accent for the error discrepancy. I take it you're a Yankee fan?<O:p</O:p

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Dustin's ZR is 30 points higher than Ians

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Fielding stats. Kinsler does have better range but that doesnít accent for the error discrepancy. I take it you're a Yankee fan?<O:p</O:p

Fielding stats?! Really? So that explains why guys like Manny and Jeter are perennial All-Stars - because everyone really prioritizes defense in these games, eh? Dude you're helpless, but I'm guessing every sox fan is this delusional.

And no, I'm not a Yankees fan.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
in other news CC Sabathia traded to Brewers

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3475667

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Fielding stats?! Really? So that explains why guys like Manny and Jeter are perennial All-Stars - because everyone really prioritizes defense in these games, eh? Dude you're helpless, but I'm guessing every sox fan is this delusional.

And no, I'm not a Yankees fan.

**** you asswipe, I didn’t know the other side of the ball didn’t count, way to spin it in your favor, the only stats that count are the ones that support your argument. Your correct Dustin sucks he should just quit now and maybe YOU should play in his place.<O:p</O:p

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 05:42 PM
**** you asswipe, I didnít know the other side of the ball didnít count, way to spin it in your favor, the only stats that count are the ones that support your argument. Your correct Dustin sucks he should just quit now and maybe YOU should play in his place.<O:p</O:p

Jesus, don't get angry at me or anyone else that you have nothing to support your argument. Kinsler beats Pedroia in every objective measure, while Pedroia beats him in subjective defensive ratings like ZR. Sorry, Pedroia's a nice player, but no way does he deserve to start over Kinsler, and everyone seems to realize this accept you, the sox fan. Take off the homer glasses asswipe.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Jesus, don't get angry at me or anyone else that you have nothing to support your argument. Kinsler beats Pedroia in every objective measure, while Pedroia beats him in subjective defensive ratings like ZR. Sorry, Pedroia's a nice player, but no way does he deserve to start over Kinsler, and everyone seems to realize this accept you, the sox fan. Take off the homer glasses asswipe.

Hey way to beak the CC news!! You could have atleast copied the link I posted.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 05:44 PM
**** you asswipe, I didnít know the other side of the ball didnít count, way to spin it in your favor, the only stats that count are the ones that support your argument. Your correct Dustin sucks he should just quit now and maybe YOU should play in his place.<O:p</O:p

Cmon how many allstar games has manny been to even though he is an adventure in the field?? These selections are mainly based off of hitting unless you are an ozzie smith or omar vizquel type of defensive player.

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey way to beak the CC news!! You could have atleast copied the link I posted.

Easy there Ken Rosenthal, it just broke on ESPN. But I'm sure you got the early scoop since you're a sox fan, right?

LMAO

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Easy there Ken Rosenthal, it just broke on ESPN. But I'm sure you got the early scoop since you're a sox fan, right?

LMAO

#53 db. but I bet you just missed that right......

eazyb81
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
#53 db. but I bet you just missed that right......

You've inspired me. I'm going to start a petition to have Mark Teahen over Manny Ramirez at the All-Star game. Sure, Manny crushes him in every offensive category, but Teahen beats him in the almighty ZONE RATING!!! Obviously that makes Teahen the better player.

Sure-Oz
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Indians get a legit power guy coming soon....hope he's a bust

L.A. Chieffan
07-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Who is the idiot?

What? He fixed it from an to and. I don't see a problem.

Ari Chi3fs
07-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Lolly Lolly Lolly Get your Adverbs here...

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Who is the idiot?

nOOb

kstater
07-06-2008, 07:21 PM
nOOb

It's n00b you n00b.

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
It's n00b you n00b.

LMAO

CoMoChief
07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
WTF Jason Varitek? Are you ****in kidding me?

Amazing what stats like a .218 avg and 7 HRs and 27 RBI's will do for you when you play in Boston or New York

Just simply amazing

HolmeZz
07-06-2008, 07:39 PM
WTF Jason Varitek? Are you ****in kidding me?

Amazing what stats like a .218 avg and 7 HRs and 27 RBI's will do for you when you play in Boston or New York

Just simply amazing

The players selected Varitek.

Sure-Oz
07-06-2008, 07:52 PM
The players selected Varitek.

The players are dumbasses

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 07:59 PM
The players are dumbasses

I couldnt agree more, he's done.

Coach
07-06-2008, 08:16 PM
If Im a Sox fan, Im pissed Dye isnt on that team. Hes OPS'ing 920. How is that not an All Star?

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-06-2008, 08:22 PM
If Im a Sox fan, Im pissed Dye isnt on that team. Hes OPS'ing 920. How is that not an All Star?

Mainly because Manny and Ichiro got the fan vote even though they haven't had thier typical years. Glorious isn't it?

MIAdragon
07-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Mainly because Manny and Ichiro got the fan vote even though they haven't had thier typical years. Glorious isn't it?

Manny needs to take some time off and find his swing again.

Ari Chi3fs
07-07-2008, 01:17 AM
I heart Joakim Soria.

Miles
07-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Manny needs to take some time off and find his swing again.

His May was pretty rough but he bounced back decently in June.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Corey Hart and Eva(n) Longoria win the fan vote. :thumb: