PDA

View Full Version : Pictures Youtube alternative for kids

Guru
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Are there any sites similar to Youtube that are geared toward kids. What I would like to find is a site where my son can upload his videos but have them be password protected so only certain people can view them rather than anyone in the world.

Not having much luck finding anything though.

Tribal Warfare
07-06-2008, 07:13 PM
www.veoh.com

www.megavideo.com

www.dailymotion.com

www.imeem.com

www.livevideo.com

Guru
07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Which one of those won't have a load of questionable content?

Count Zarth
07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
You can do that on youtube. He just has to limit the usernames that can see his videos.

Guru
07-06-2008, 08:20 PM
You can do that on youtube. He just has to limit the usernames that can see his videos.
That isn't working for me. Everytime I go into one of his videos through his signon to change it to private, it errors out with a pop up stating not found. it is keeping everything public.

Count Zarth
07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
That isn't working for me. Everytime I go into one of his videos through his signon to change it to private, it errors out with a pop up stating not found. it is keeping everything public.

Sounds like a problem on your own computer. That feature works for me.

Guru
07-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a problem on your own computer. That feature works for me.
found the problem. I had to delete the descriptions in some of his videos because he kept putting his name in it. When you leave the description field blank it won't let you change any setting for the video. The site doesn't tell you what the problem is though.

Still thinking I should find a better site than youtube for him though.

TinyEvel
07-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Good thread. Is there a filter for searching where they weed out anything of questionable content? My 7 year-old has been on there searching for Pokemon videos and the sidebar had an anime sex vid in it. Good thing she didn't click it.

Jewish Rabbi
07-06-2008, 11:19 PM
have you tried www.jewtube.com?

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2008, 11:43 PM
YouTube has a feature that only allows people on your friends or family list to see particular videos.

Ari Chi3fs
07-07-2008, 02:08 AM
ZooTube.com is all about animals.

NSFW!!! DO NOT GO THERE.

Tribal Warfare
07-07-2008, 03:49 AM
Good thread. Is there a filter for searching where they weed out anything of questionable content? My 7 year-old has been on there searching for Pokemon videos and the sidebar had an anime sex vid in it. Good thing she didn't click it.

on Veoh they do