PDA

View Full Version : Computers I want to put a downloaded game from my computer onto a flashdrive

Jenson71
07-07-2008, 12:33 AM
How can I do that?

I can't just drag it over. That just makes a shortcut.

Anyone know?

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Right click on the folder. Select copy.

Go to the drive, right click somewhere empty, and click paste.

Jenson71
07-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Right click on the folder. Select copy.

Go to the drive, right click somewhere empty, and click paste.

Well, that's interesting. Thank you very much.

How will I find the actual game, then? Hopefully it's easier than it seems.

Jenson71
07-07-2008, 12:49 AM
And by folder, I'm guessing you mean the one in My Documents, right

Jenson71
07-07-2008, 12:53 AM
I bought the SimCity Box Set today for $40. Comes with SimCity Societies and an expansion pack and SimCity4 with ex. pack Rush Hour.

Pretty good deal. I lost my old SimCity4 somehow and today has been a great recapture of my younger days.

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2008, 12:57 AM
And by folder, I'm guessing you mean the one in My Documents, right

You weren't very specific. I assumed you had pirated a game off the internet and it was in a rar file or an image or something.

If you installed it on one computer, copying the installed program files folder to another computer most likely won't work, especially if you have another folder for the game in My Documents.

Best solution is to install the game on the other computer from the original disc.

Jenson71
07-07-2008, 01:00 AM
You weren't very specific. I assumed you had pirated a game off the internet and it was in a rar file or an image or something.

If you installed it on one computer, copying the installed program files folder to another computer most likely won't work, especially if you have another folder for the game in My Documents.

Best solution is to install the game on the other computer from the original disc.

Aw shoot.

My problem is with my laptop, the disk drive thing is broken. It can't read any disc anymore. I was hoping to bypass that with a flashdrive. Just install the game into a different computer, throw it onto a flash, then put it on my own comp through that.

Jenson71
07-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Maybe I can download the game onto the flashdrive itself.

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2008, 01:11 AM
OK. Here is what you should do. Take the game disc on your other computer, and copy its contents to the flash drive.

Put the flash drive in your laptop, and copy the contents of the disc onto your laptop. Somewhere in those files, there should be something called "install.exe" or "install.msi," or something like that. That's the executable file that installs the game. Run it and you'll be able to install the game on your laptop.

StcChief
07-09-2008, 09:52 AM
cntl+c and open folder on "flash drive" cntl + v

chasedude
07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
OK. Here is what you should do. Take the game disc on your other computer, and copy its contents to the flash drive.

Put the flash drive in your laptop, and copy the contents of the disc onto your laptop. Somewhere in those files, there should be something called "install.exe" or "install.msi," or something like that. That's the executable file that installs the game. Run it and you'll be able to install the game on your laptop.

Hopefully he doesn't have a SecuRom protected game.

Swanman
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Hopefully he doesn't have a SecuRom protected game.

I f'ing hate SecuRom. It's the only security software that makes it easier for you to run it from a pirated version than a legitimately bought one. I got Star Wars Empires at War and I have to log into my computer as a guest user for it to be able to run because if you have anything running on your machine it doesn't like, it doesn't let the game run.