PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chargers fan chokes on steak. Result = 1 less Chargers fan

BigRock
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
How's that for a totally misleading thread title? Feel free to insert your own punchline about how many actual Chargers fans are left now.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/07/07/tony_gonzalez_saves_mans_life/

Last Thursday, Tony Gonzalez, star tight end of the Kansas City Chiefs was dining with his wife October and newly born daughter Malia at Capones restaurant in Huntington Beach. Across the room a man, Ken Hunter started to choke on his steak. When Gonzalez realized nobody was doing anything to help him, he jumped up and rushed over to the man and performed the Heimlich Maneuver. “I just did what my natural instincts told me to do, help someone in need”. “I couldn’t just sit there and do nothing”. “The man was in distress and he needed help quickly”.

Hunter, a long time Charger Fan, said he will be “forever grateful to Tony and will now be rooting for him and his team in the upcoming season”. “Me and my girlfriend couldn’t thank him enough, he saved my life”.

Hunter just had just taken a second a bite of his Filet Mignon when he realized it wasn’t going down.

“It got stuck in my throat and I couldn’t breathe”. “I tried to take a drink of water and then the water wouldn’t go down. “I knew I was in trouble”.

A nurse dining in the establishment later commended him on his quick instincts.

kstater
07-07-2008, 06:03 PM
"TG saves last Charger fan".

Skip Towne
07-07-2008, 06:14 PM
"TG saves last Charger fan".

Nah, they still have Buck.

stumppy
07-07-2008, 06:16 PM
If anyone knows how to choke it would be a charger fan.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-07-2008, 06:22 PM

Well to be fair, us Chiefs fans sure know a choke job when we see em as many as we've had to witness.

stumppy
07-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Well to be fair, us Chiefs fans sure know a choke job when we see em as many as we've had to witness.

When the hell does anyone on here have to be fair ?

Adept Havelock
07-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Bravo, Tony. A class act.:clap:

Shannon Sharpe would have had the guy wait while people got out cameras, as he applied his stage makeup.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
When the hell does anyone on here have to be fair ?

True...commence with ye charger fan bashing...problem is finding one is like finding bigfoot.

Sully
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
****ing fair-weather fans.

BigRock
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Indeed. I was trying to be light hearted with the thread, but in all seriousness, what Tony did was pretty awesome.

The story's starting to get picked up, too. It's on the main pages of both ESPN and Fox Sports.

Pablo
07-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I wonder what sort of steak he was enjoying?

My money's on tube.

Midnight_Vulture
07-07-2008, 06:38 PM

ROFL
That was good.

But it would be better if the Chiefs werent such choke artists themselves.

blueballs
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
that's #2
remember he ran into a camera man a few years back
who because of the run over found he had a brain tumor

thurman merman
07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
i wonder if antonio gates saved my life, if i would become a chargers fan.

i don't think i would.

blueballs
07-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I see bruised ribs in Brodie's future
-I tried to resist
failed

ChiefsFan4Life
07-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Has Carl Peterson tried to take credit for this yet?

Baconeater
07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
There was a Charger fan? The hell you say.

Coach
07-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Somebody make sure that wasn't Marty Schottenheimer....

CrazyPhuD
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
So when the Chiefs come to play in SD will the stadium be chanting 'Tony Tony' instead of 'Marty Marty'?

eazyb81
07-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Just another example of Gonzo being a stud.

FAX
07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Way to go, TG!!!!

Still, it's not the first time a Charger choked and he took advantage.

FAX

stlchiefs
07-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Better Title: Gonzalez Makes a Statement: I Will Not Tolerate Choking

Nice job TG

88TG88
07-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I knew TG could save people from death. Just another day for a saint like TG.

Buehler445
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Dude, this guy is fantastic. I hope he can play for another 35 years.

KCChiefsMan
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Tony G is one of the NFL's good guys

EyePod
07-08-2008, 06:27 AM

I'd have to say that Bengal's fans would be better at choking.. especially if they're anything like Carson Palmer....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/carson-palmer.jpg

rad
07-08-2008, 07:23 AM

We suck too much to choke. In order to choke, you have to get somewhere. We can't even manage to get the food to our mouth.

Warrior5
07-08-2008, 07:36 AM

Shannon Sharpe would have had the guy wait while people got out cameras, as he applied his stage makeup.

Very true. Come to think of it, if it had been any stinkin' Donk (past or present), he'd have been in a drunken stupor. He would've immediately slapped his wife, chop blocked the guy, spit in his face, sprayed cooking spray down his throat, and then flipped him off before helping.

Afterwards, he would've faked an injury as the cameras rolled, all the while yelling, "Character Counts!"

Gonzo
07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Just another example of Gonzo being a stud.

Thank yo......

Nevermind

InChiefsHell
07-08-2008, 08:37 AM
As if half the women I know needed more reason to have a crush on TG...

Hog Farmer
07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
This story has been twisted to make TG look good. The truth is Tony saw this guy wearing a Charger shirt and went up and punched the guy in the stomach while he happened to be eating steak.

InChiefsHell
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
This story has been twisted to make TG look good. The truth is Tony saw this guy wearing a Charger shirt and went up and punched the guy in the stomach while he happened to be eating steak.

Wow, now I admire him even more!!:thumb:

el borracho
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Oooh, even more interesting given Tony's current dietary inclinations.

Drunk
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
you guys can have him. i personally would have rather died loyal, than to live in the shame of joining the rivals.

ChiefButthurt
07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
you guys can have him. i personally would have rather died loyal, than to live in the shame of joining the rivals.

Don't be a dumb punk.

Pablo
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
you guys can have him. i personally would have rather died loyal, than to live in the shame of joining the rivals.Because Chargers fans have existed since when...'03???

I know your loyalties know no bounds, especially in good years.

ChiefsFan4Life
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM

LOL - I would love for someone to start choking the life out of this guy and see if he still feels the same

FAX
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Charger fans are always saying how they would never abandon their team even if they're choking on stuff, Mr. ChiefsFan4Life.

It's one of the reasons they've had to legalize same sex marriage in California.

FAX

Buck
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
WooWoo...

Why is it that Chargers fans get such a bad rap?

Anyways, good Job TG.

XXXshogunXXX
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
WooWoo...

Anyways, good Job TG.

have no idea dood.. if you look at our boards, we talk nothing but Chargers, and maybe an occasional OT thread . But if you look here, so many off topic threads, including sticking ecstasy pills up their asses. I dont mind being called a fairweather fan anymore, it's better to enjoy the fair weather than being stuck in a forum all day talking about sheet like that.

KC Tattoo
07-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Just after the Charger fan caughed up the steak, #88 scoops up the piece of meet & jumps over a table then runs over two waiters into the kitchen and scores a TD!:arrow::thumb:

WhitiE
07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
have no idea dood.. if you look at our boards, we talk nothing but Chargers, and maybe an occasional OT thread . But if you look here, so many off topic threads, including sticking ecstasy pills up their asses. I dont mind being called a fairweather fan anymore, it's better to enjoy the fair weather than being stuck in a forum all day talking about sheet like that.

must be boring over there.....

ohiobronco2
07-08-2008, 09:12 PM
WooWoo...

Anyways, good Job TG.

I think it's because your starting QB is such an a**. Also, the Chargers have been incredibly dominant in the AFC West as of late.

Tony G. is a great football player and helluva good guy.

Adept Havelock
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Very true. Come to think of it, if it had been any stinkin' Donk (past or present), he'd have been in a drunken stupor. He would've immediately slapped his wife, chop blocked the guy, spit in his face, sprayed cooking spray down his throat, and then flipped him off before helping.

Afterwards, he would've faked an injury as the cameras rolled, all the while yelling, "Character Counts!"

ROFL Nice rant. Rep shall be tossed in your general direction.

MYKCCHIEFS
07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
WooWoo...

Anyways, good Job TG.

Chargers' fans getting a bad rap?

Nah, if he were a Raiders fan, he'd have choked to death. ROFL

Seriously, more "Tonys" would make the world a better place. Congrats on the first vote honors Tony Gonzales:thumb:

Buck
07-08-2008, 11:42 PM
In all seriousness though, I agree that there are a shit-ton of "new" Chargers fans.

However, my core group of friends, those of us who grew up going to school together have always rooted for them, so I really don't mind it when you call me fair-weather.

I did claim that the Chargers season was over last year after you guys spanked us in our own stadium though.

KcMizzou
07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Tony G should strap on a cape and become a masked vigilante or something. (Watchmen style) The guy has a knack for being in the right place at the right time...