PDA

View Full Version : Life Do you love your job?

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 06:59 AM
I am sure it has been asked before, just wondering.

HonestChieffan
07-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Yep

ChiTown
07-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Love? No

I really like what I do for a living though.

pikesome
07-08-2008, 07:08 AM
The work? Yes.

The company? There are some things that annoy, some WTF? things but it's not Initech.

Baconeater
07-08-2008, 07:10 AM
I would like it a lot more if I was still physically capable of doing it.

DaKCMan AP
07-08-2008, 07:13 AM
'Love' is a strong word.

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Poll came late!

El Jefe
07-08-2008, 07:19 AM
No I don't love my job but I don't hate it either, It's ok I get to work for my dad and with my brother, which has it's benefits. I really don't make a lot of money, so that's always tough, because you always think about the future and providing for a family etc. So I am going to start some online schooling and get as much education as I can, to make myself as marketable as possible when it's time for me to change careers.

Buehler445
07-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Not really. It would be a lot more tolerable if the money was better

Skip Towne
07-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Yes, it is the best satellite gig I've had. DTN is a very good company to work for. I was glad to jettison Directv.

seclark
07-08-2008, 07:43 AM
do i love my job?
no.
however, it's paid the bills for the last 26 years.
sec

Dartgod
07-08-2008, 07:43 AM
I see DaFace hasn't voted yet.
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt1" width="75%"> My boss is a member here dumbass </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap"> http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/polls/bar5-l.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/polls/bar5.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/polls/bar5-r.gifhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/clear.gif </td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center" nowrap="nowrap" width="12%">0</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" width="13%">0%</td></tr></tbody></table>

beavis
07-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Not really. It would be a lot more tolerable if the money was better

You'll be really disappointed when you find out that isn't true.

Pitt Gorilla
07-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Yes, I love my job.

Molitoth
07-08-2008, 07:49 AM
network admin: love it
company: love it

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 07:51 AM
:banghead: I cant vote as I left no "it is ok" option.

seclark
07-08-2008, 08:04 AM

i'm glad you noticed that.
sec

Simply Red
07-08-2008, 08:11 AM
yes

Stryker
07-08-2008, 08:13 AM
network admin: love it
company: love it

DITTO

ChiefsFan4Life
07-08-2008, 08:46 AM
The work? Yes.

The company? There are some things that annoy, some WTF? things but it's not Initech.

Same answer for me.

DaFace
07-08-2008, 08:53 AM
I see DaFace hasn't voted yet.

Ha, I see I'm now the only one who used that option. Of course, Kevin's still MIA, so I could probably vote for real.

And if I had, it would have been tough to make a selection. I don't LOVE my job, but it's interesting the majority of the time and the company's cool to work for. Couple that with reasonably decent pay, and it's pretty easy to work here. If 1 were hate and 5 were love, I'd be about a 4.

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Ha, I see I'm now the only one who used that option. Of course, Kevin's still MIA, so I could probably vote for real.

And if I had, it would have been tough to make a selection. I don't LOVE my job, but it's interesting the majority of the time and the company's cool to work for. Couple that with reasonably decent pay, and it's pretty easy to work here. If 1 were hate and 5 were love, I'd be about a 4.

Suck up! ;)

Demonpenz
07-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Life is too short not to do something you love. If you love your work you will never work a day in your life

smittysbar
07-08-2008, 09:00 AM

Agree

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Life is too short not to do something you love. If you love your work you will never work a day in your life

Drinking beer and throwing darts just does not pay the bills :banghead:

damaticous
07-08-2008, 09:04 AM
DITTO

Job: yes, company, no
Backup Admin/Antivirus Admin/few financial applications Admin, for a financial institution. Anyone hiring?

blueballs
07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
i must
I'd like to break a dick off in it

damaticous
07-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Job: yes, company, no
Backup Admin/Antivirus Admin/few financial applications Admin, for a financial institution. Anyone hiring?

Ops. Forgot Symantec Enterprise Vault Admin. :p

Pestilence
07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Ehhh it's interesting and it pays the bills but I wouldn't really say that I LOVE it.

CoMoChief
07-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think there are many people out there that "love" to work.

I'd rather have a shit load of $$$ and just retire and live on a beach somewhere.

Pitt Gorilla
07-08-2008, 09:45 AM

I'd rather have a shit load of $$$ and just retire and live on a beach somewhere.I love my job. I would do it for free (just don't tell the Dean).

ChiefsFan4Life
07-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Statements like this make me sick.

ChiTown
07-08-2008, 09:54 AM

I'd rather have a shit load of $$$ and just retire and live on a beach somewhere.

Not me.

I have enough money to retire on right now, but I like to work on projects that interest me. I'll never retire, but I'll just be particular on the things I want to work on.

Now, if I can do that from the comfy confines of a beach, then maybe.;)

Demonpenz
07-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Statements like this make me sick.

I don't know why you would say that. No words have ever been more true, for me anyway. Sometimes you have to have some rain if you want the rainbows is what my Family says. Sure sometimes you have to make a sacrifice, but I have friends that play guitar for a living, sure they don't make alot of money, but with some help from uncle sam they get by doing well just picking on the ole six string.

Demonpenz
07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm too blessed to be stressed and every day above ground is better than one below it.

Skip Towne
07-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Why hasn't Claythan checked in on this thread?

ChiefsFan4Life
07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm too blessed to be stressed and every day above ground is better than one below it.

Are you trying to make me sick? Are you just reading verses from random poems?

Demonpenz
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM

They aren't poems they are called "smile-a-grams" I get them daily in my Electronic Mail. LOL sure brightens my day. I save them in my Smile-box just in cause I get a case of the blues. Have a Shiney day!

El Jefe
07-08-2008, 10:18 AM

:LOL:

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 10:20 AM
They aren't poems they are called "smile-a-grams" I get them daily in my Electronic Mail. LOL sure brightens my day. I save them in my Smile-box just in cause I get a case of the blues. Have a Shiney day!

LMAO you are having way too much fun with this.

sedated
07-08-2008, 10:48 AM
So, you don't like your job?

They got a support group for that.

It's called "Everybody"

and they meet at the bar.

Midnight_Vulture
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Absolutely love my job. Working in the Advertising industry has its perks. I get to go to tons of events and parties. I get to meet awesome people (especially lots and lots of women).

I kinda feel sorry for some of you having to waste your lives away in the Midwest. That must suck.

And soon I will get to travel a lot too. To Austraila and even Japan.

Its rules to be me.:thumb:

ChiTown
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Absolutely love my job. Working in the Advertising industry has its perks. I get to go to tons of events and parties. I get to meet awesome people (especially lots and lots of women).

And soon I will get to travel a lot too. To Austrailia and even Japan.

I used to take my Administrative Asst (Secretary) on business trips with me overseas. It's a nice perk for the little people in this world...........

Midnight_Vulture
07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I used to take my Administrative Asst (Secretary) on business trips with me overseas. It's a nice perk for the little people in this world...........

Thats nice.

If you are so awesome then why are you living in the "flatlands of Kansas"?ROFL

2bikemike
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM

That about sums it up for me. I love the work I do, But there are a lot of other things I would rather be doing and none of them involve work.

bogey
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I do not love my job.

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 11:15 AM

I kinda feel sorry for some of you having to waste your lives away in the Midwest. That must suck.

LMAO Standing out out in front of a pizza joint with a sign and a clown suit is working in the advertising industry I guess.

ChiTown
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Thats nice.

If you are so awesome then why are you living in the "flatlands of Kansas"?ROFL

Do a Google search on the largest privately held company in the US.

Get back to me when you learn something.

ChiefsFan4Life
07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Do a Google search

I'll stop you right there ... I have a feeling this may big too big of a task for him

Stryker
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
LMAO Standing out out in front of a pizza joint with a sign and a clown suit is working in the advertising industry I guess.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

chasedude
07-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Ops. Forgot Symantec Enterprise Vault Admin. :p
You're lucky you have specfic areas to work in. I have to do it ALL!@!@!!!11 plus train some of these brain-dead walking statues. I'd rather stick pens in my penis than try to teach anything new to them.

I enjoy my field of work (Network Admin) but this company is nonprofit (means low pay) and government subsidized (also means low pay).

Midnight_Vulture
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Do a Google search on the largest privately held company in the US.

Get back to me when you learn something.

Haha dude it doesnt matter. You live in KANSAS!ROFL

Do you tip cows over for fun and enjoy milkin your sister? Bwahahaha:LOL:

Midnight_Vulture
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM

Says the guy who is a certified Redneck.:LOL:

Get back to me when you find out where all your teeth are.

Oh and Altanta is great for advertising. I wont disclose where I work but its probably a lot better than your job.

Dont you work at a gas station or something?:LOL:

ChiTown
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM

True. Kansas is a funny place, but I love living here, raising my family, and having a great life. I've lived and worked all over the world, but Wichita, Kansas is a great place to live.

Tipping Cows and Milking my Sister? :hmmm: Not since breakfast.............

Have you figured out yet, why I live here and what company I might have worked for? Also, you are an administrative assistant.....ie, a secretary. Now that is LOL funny.

Skip Towne
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM

He may live in KANSAS but he doesn't have to steal things like you do.

Midnight_Vulture
07-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I dont have to steal things either, BUT if its there for the taking...why the hell not???

eazyb81
True. Kansas is a funny place, but I love living here, raising my family, and having a great life. I've lived and worked all over the world, but Wichita, Kansas is a great place to live.

Tipping Cows and Milking my Sister? :hmmm: Not since breakfast.............

Have you figured out yet, why I live here and what company I might have worked for? Also, you are an administrative assistant.....ie, a secretary. Now that is LOL funny.

LMAO

A male secretary bragging about his job.....I've seen it all now.

luv

It must not be that great to be you if you have to waste your time coming here.

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 11:44 AM

Get back to me when you find out where all your teeth are.

Oh and Altanta is great for advertising. I wont disclose where I work but its probably a lot better than your job.

I am starting to become a fan, most trolls flame and leave. You are full of shit but do keep threads interesting. I bet that wife beater and tilted cap is what you wear on casual friday right?

luv
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
As for the OP question. I like my job. I know what I'm doing, I make enough to support myself, etc. Do I love it? I don't think so. If I could make the same money doing something better, I would. Do I hate it? Not by any means.

ChiTown
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
LMAO

Dude, he's a coffee toter in ADVERTISING. Respect his ahthoritay!

Skip Towne
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I dont have to steal things either, BUT if its there for the taking...why the hell not???

You are a total piece of shit. No amount of your fantasies will ever make you anything else.

ChiefsFan4Life
07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
LMAO

Can we change his name to Midnight Faulker?

RedNeckRaider
07-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Heck yeah! so in your world I like totaly work for Exxon dude. Rules to be me!

Dartgod
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM

And DaFace wants to (or thinks he can) reform this idiot?

:shake:

gblowfish
07-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Sometimes I forget to put a cover sheet on my TPS reports.

FAX
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM

LMAO

FAX

Buehler445
07-08-2008, 06:09 PM
You'll be really disappointed when you find out that isn't true.

I think you are incorrect. If you removed the stress caused from lack of money, I'd be a pretty happy dude. The work doesn't piss me off. Only one person in the office pisses me off. I don't mind the work.

DaFace
07-08-2008, 06:14 PM
And DaFace wants to (or thinks he can) reform this idiot?

:shake:

Now don't go putting words in my mouth. I gave him a rep boost based on his posts between the HOF thread and this one where his douchedom was pretty mild in case he decided to try and get along with everyone. But I don't care one way or another if he continues being a complete douche, and I will certainly not be "trying to reform" him.

Buehler445
07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Douchedom. I like it. Adding it to the Buehler-dictionary.

Skip Towne
07-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Douchedom. I like it. Adding it to the Buehler-dictionary.

Douchebaggery is pretty good too.