PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ-iron man or whiny beeotch?

rambleonthruthefog
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
And will he step up to the plate this year?

El Jefe
07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Awesome thread.

blueballs
07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Claython will pound you into antmeal

Pablo
07-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Well, that all depends on whether we put an offensive line out there, or if we tie together a line of wet paper bags in front of Brodie and LJ.

rambleonthruthefog
07-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I think hes gonna do fine this year, free from serious injury. After last season as a whole though, its hard not to have a little doubt bout the guy. could he be a one hit wonder? are his best days over? lets face it, he gos down this year, hes finished.

StcChief
07-08-2008, 11:59 AM
well LJ better be up to earning his $$$. Charles is waiting in the wings if he can't go.

eazyb81
07-08-2008, 12:10 PM
well LJ better be up to earning his $$$. Charles is waiting in the wings if he can't go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUmHuXW0XDU

I want Charles in Charge of me.....

dshyne101
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Of Course LJ Is Still The Man!!

Deberg_1990
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
could he be a one hit wonder?

huh????

Its not like he only had 2 or 3 good games

KCChiefsMan
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Claython will pound your butt into antmeal

FYP

rambleonthruthefog
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
huh????

Its not like he only had 2 or 3 good games

i see what your saying, but he's only got two good seasons under his belt. you can't be compared to LT, Fred Taylor, or many others with only 2 productive years. if he doesn't produce this year then most likely its only down hill.

i still vote for iron man, though.

blueballs
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/8323204?MSNHPHMA

RB Fantasy preview

8. Larry Johnson, Kansas City: After compiling an NFL record 416 rushing attempts in 2006, Johnson missed the last eight games of 2007 season with a foot injury. Combined with his training camp holdout, a previous heavy workload, a rebuilding offensive line and a new inexperienced starter at quarterback, Johnson was doomed to post a subpar season. In his favor, he's only had two seasons of a full workload, so at age 28 he still has the potential to post an excellent season once again. He may not reach 2,000 total yards like he did in '05 and '06, but he can still be a productive top-10 running back. In addition, Johnson's schedule is much easier after facing the tough run defenses of the AFC South and NFC North last season. This year, he meets the softer defenses of the Miami's and Jets' of the AFC East and the Atlanta's and New Orleans' of the NFC South.
Backups: Jamaal Charles, Kolby Smith

CHENZ A!
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I just have a feeling he will bounce back. Probably just the optimism I have every yr before camp starts though.

Rausch
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
If he stays healthy he should hit close to 1,500 yards.

Reerun_KC
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I can see Herm giving LJ another 400+ carries this year...

Count Alex's Losses
07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Larry has too much pride to do anything but give it his all.

That's all I've ever asked from a football player.

J Diddy
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Larry has too much pride to do anything but give it his all.

That's all I've ever asked from a football player.

Do you really think he give it his all last year?

Count Alex's Losses
07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Do you really think he give it his all last year?

Absolutely.

J Diddy
07-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Absolutely.

Since you have so much pull on LJ, could you ask him to give it his all running north and south next year? East, west, get pussy tackled by a midget, get up slam the ball and bitch, really didn't work out so well last year.

MTG#10
07-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I'll take whiny beeotch for 1000 please Alex.

Count Alex's Losses
07-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Since you have so much pull on LJ, could you ask him to give it his all running north and south next year? East, west, get pussy tackled by a midget, get up slam the ball and bitch, really didn't work out so well last year.

How about you go F*CK YOURSELF.

J Diddy
07-08-2008, 11:35 PM
How about you go F*CK YOURSELF.

LOL

so that's a no?

DT58HOF
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
We should of traded him last year, RB's are a dime a dozen in the league, Charles is the RB of the future in KC!!
i say after Jamal Lewis gets hurt this year in Cleveland we trade LJ for Brady Quinn and move on to a brighter future!!

KcMizzou
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I honestly expect LJ to come roaring back.

Say what you will about the guy, but I think he has too much pride to go out with a whimper like this.

He's always made it very clear that he wants to be remembered as one of the greatest. I don't know that he will, but I'm pretty sure he'll give it a hell of an effort.

BIG K
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
i see what your saying, but he's only got two good seasons under his belt. you can't be compared to LT, Fred Taylor, or many others with only 2 productive years. if he doesn't produce this year then most likely its only down hill.

i still vote for iron man, though.

Good point. IMHO, he looked worn down last year. (leading the league in carries the previous year may have had something to do with it) Following behind a horrific line also could be detrimental I would think...

I am hoping this year he returns to form and starts delivering the blows to the defense like he did before...I am not ready to count him out just yet.....

J Diddy
07-08-2008, 11:58 PM
This might not be a popular view, but I felt he got paid and ran like a millionaire and not a warrior.

KcMizzou
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
This might not be a popular view, but I felt he got paid and ran like a millionaire and not a warrior.Actually, I think that's exactly the popular view.

I happen to disagree with it. This guy wants to have his name mentioned with the likes of Jim brown. I believe he means it. He'll be back, and he'll be bringing some fire with him.

J Diddy
07-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Actually, I think that's exactly the popular view.

I happen to disagree with it. This guy wants to have his name mentioned with the likes of Jim brown. I believe he means it. He'll be back, and he'll be bringing some fire with him.

we shall see, we shall see

KcMizzou
07-09-2008, 12:08 AM
we shall see, we shall seeIndeed.

Let's both hope I'm right. :D

J Diddy
07-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Indeed.

Let's both hope I'm right. :D

I do and I don't

I like how Kolby ran last year and am stoked about Charles this year

If those 2 can hack it and Lj sucks dah ballz

send him packing

KCUnited
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
LJ's been a millionaire since he's been with the Chiefs.

KcMizzou
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
I do and I don't

I like how Kolby ran last year and am stoked about Charles this year

If those 2 can hack it and Lj sucks dah ballz

send him packingNeither can do what a healthy, fired up LJ does.

In a perfect world... they'd be the lightning to LJ's thunder.

J Diddy
07-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Neither can do what a healthy, fired up LJ does.

In a perfect world... they'd be the lightning to LJ's thunder.

I used to be a huge LJ fan, now in my eyes he is a locker room cancer and can not support that. hope the chiefs can do something, but I could care less about LJ

KcMizzou
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
I used to be a huge LJ fan, now in my eyes he is a locker room cancer and can not support that. hope the chiefs can do something, but I could care less about LJFair enough.

FWIW, I'm really excited about Charles too. It just seems to me that he'd be best used as a compliment to a power back, and LJ, when he's on his game is among the best.

I suppose Kolby and Charles could be good for us too, but as surprisingly good as Kolby's been... he can't match what LJ did when he broke out.

Of course, we don't have the line we did back then, either. We'll see, I guess.

In any case, I suspect our ground game will be leaps and bounds better than last season.

J Diddy
07-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Fair enough.

FWIW, I'm really excited about Charles too. It just seems to me that he'd be best used as a compliment to a power back, and LJ, when he's on his game is among the best.

I suppose Kolby and Charles could be good for us too, but as surprisingly good as Kolby's been... he can't match what LJ did when he broke out.

Of course, we don't have the line we did back then, either. We'll see, I guess.

In any case, I suspect our ground game will be leaps and bounds better than last season.

to that i agree and wish for

Count Alex's Losses
07-09-2008, 01:05 AM
There's zero evidence to support the notion that LJ is a locker room cancer.

J Diddy
07-09-2008, 01:17 AM

There's zero evidence to support the notion that you got a ****ing clue.

POND_OF_RED
07-09-2008, 01:18 AM

You're right, he's always been to camp on time and never said anything bad about the Chiefs organization.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9LIZXy1dyc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9LIZXy1dyc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chiefs1111
07-09-2008, 02:57 AM
It's really hard to tell what LJ is gonna do this year, even if he is 100 percent coming off his injury,our line is still a big work in progress.... Then again, can our O-line be any worse than it was last year?

HonestChieffan
07-09-2008, 07:44 AM
He will do OK, not great, the fans will scream, he will party on, and we begin again.

King_Chief_Fan
07-09-2008, 11:45 AM
You're right, he's always been to camp on time and never said anything bad about the Chiefs organization.

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9LIZXy1dyc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT></P>
Clayton gets owned again

KCKID58
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I hope LJ has a spectacular year.

Do you smell that? Football is in the air......

Welcome Back Old Friend....

blueballs
07-10-2008, 09:27 AM
those ny models should be ****ed out by now

Rausch
07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
</P>
Clayton gets owned again

While GOATSE is still clearly a doucebag he's not wrong.

You won't find many players who'll argue with LJ's holdout...

beach tribe
07-10-2008, 11:20 AM
After watching LJ last year, I believe he is going to have to change his running style to be dominantly effective in this system.

No matter what is said, LJ learned how to run from the great Priest.
Only LJ was bigger, stronger, and faster.
The great one tought LJ how to let the play develop, as the great O-line would form a perfect blocking pattern for him to navigate.

Last season, it looked like LJ was running soft, but the more I saw, the more I believe he was waiting on blocking to develop. Only #1 the linemen were getting their asses kicked, and #2 the plays that were usually called need the RB just to lower his head, and blast forward for 3-4 yrds.

LJ was used to grabbing big chunks, by reading his bolckers the way the great one showed him.
In this O, he's gonna have to put his head down, and blast through the hole. Not sit, and wait for a running lane to form.

Crashride
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Lj with a good line will always dominate. I bet if he was on another team with a good line, like most people here wanted before he got his contract, he would dominate every sunday.

Rausch
07-10-2008, 11:54 AM
After watching LJ last year, I believe he is going to have to change his running style to be dominantly effective in this system.

No matter what is said, LJ learned how to run from the great Priest.
Only LJ was bigger, stronger, and faster.
The great one tought LJ how to let the play develop, as the great O-line would form a perfect blocking pattern for him to navigate.

Last season, it looked like LJ was running soft, but the more I saw, the more I believe he was waiting on blocking to develop. Only #1 the linemen were getting their asses kicked, and #2 the plays that were usually called need the RB just to lower his head, and blast forward for 3-4 yrds.

LJ was used to grabbing big chunks, by reading his bolckers the way the great one showed him.
In this O, he's gonna have to put his head down, and blast through the hole. Not sit, and wait for a running lane to form.

Perfectly stated.

LJ listened and learned from Priest but in doing so was forced to deny his nature as a runner. He's a 1 cut and go kind of guy.

He learned, he played, he blew up.

After learning how to run one way behind that system of blocking the team fell down around him. What he was told would work if you waited for it retired and waiting became the anathema of the offense.

"If you wait for it, the suck will come..."

Herm is the perfect coach for LJ but he "took off his diaper" under DV. He was expecting holes the Herm Chiefs couldn't provide.

This year it should be different. Herm wanted maulers on the O line and he drafted them...

beach tribe
07-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Perfectly stated.

LJ listened and learned from Priest but in doing so was forced to deny his nature as a runner. He's a 1 cut and go kind of guy.

He learned, he played, he blew up.

After learning how to run one way behind that system of blocking the team fell down around him. What he was told would work if you waited for it retired and waiting became the anathema of the offense.

"If you wait for it, the suck will come..."

Herm is the perfect coach for LJ but he "took off his diaper" under DV. He was expecting holes the Herm Chiefs couldn't provide.

This year it should be different. Herm wanted maulers on the O line and he drafted them...
If we get some push, and LJ goes north, and south, we may end up winning 6-7 games. Our D was the best in the league on third down(31%). With an improved running game, and run D, which Dorsey will almost certainly provide, we could keep a lot of games interesting.

thurman merman
07-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, that all depends on whether we put an offensive line out there, or if we tie together a line of wet paper bags in front of Brodie and LJ.

good point.